Another Zelda Cuusoo Set Hits the Magical Mark

Overrated game series. Don't need a set.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

LEGO, I think the fans are trying to tell you something :P .

In all seriousness, if the last two didn't pass, I don't think this one will. Might be cool if it did, but again I doubt it.

-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

Kinda getting tired of people making new Zelda projects even when its a given fact that it won't get passed in review, especially when the designs of the projects are progressively getting less interesting, it seems.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

If something's hitting the review stage for the third time, Lego might take the chance and make these things. They would sell very well. What was the reason the other two weren't accepted?

Overrated game series. Don't need a set.

Not true at all. The only Zelda game (though I've only played a few) I think was underwhelming was Four Swords.

What was the reason the other two weren't accepted?

I don't know that a reason has been given. K'nex, however, has a Nintendo license for Mario Kart and Super Mario, which probably prohibits LEGO from doing and Nintendo license.

Chief reason of course. Not to mention the Mario Kart sets are brick based as well.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Tired of broken BIONICLE sets? Support the Remolded Sockets Service Pack project by Kon1 on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17500

Want more female characters to stand with you BIONICLE or HF collection? Support Bunyip's Constraction Line for Girls project on CUUSOO http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/6801

I hope the pokemon one gets 10,000 too. I would totally buy it. But, yeah, hope this gets past reveiw. ^.^

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

Well, when they rejected the first one, they said that they would be opened to future projects, which makes me think the deciding factors were project-specific. But they didn't quite explain why for the second one, so maybe the licensing issue is the big deal. But I think the requirement of new molds also hurts these projects, so that could be another reason.Either way, it'll be interesting to see what comes out of this. :music:

I hope the pokemon one gets 10,000 too. I would totally buy it. But, yeah, hope this gets past reveiw. ^.^

Oh god, there's a project for that? That has a toyline already. It doesn't need a lego set.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

Oh god, there's a project for that? That has a toyline already. It doesn't need a lego set.

That's a terrible reason for something to not be made into a set.

I'm not sure how well it would translate into lego to be perfectly honest...

But if we get Zelda and Pokemon through than maybe we can have METROID Lego sets!

I can hope, right?

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

This set isn't the coolest CUUSOO Lego set I've seen go into the review stage, but I still think its neat. I really like the shield Link is carrying. The Iron Knuckle looks cool too.

That's a terrible reason for something to not be made into a set.

I'm not sure how well it would translate into lego to be perfectly honest...

But if we get Zelda and Pokemon through than maybe we can have METROID Lego sets!

I can hope, right?

I would definitely buy Metriod Lego sets if they ever came to be. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The fight against the Iron Knuckle is kind of a weird one to pick... But if this project has anything going for it, it's the narrower scope.Still, I don't see it going any farther than the previous suggestions.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'd rather have Metroid. But again, Knex and even Max Factory have a Nintendo license.

sailor_moon_banner.jpg

I doubt licensing is going to be an issue, because if it were they would probably be able to nip these in the bud by now. I doubt K'nex's Mario license includes Nintendo's other properties, because if it did, they'd make use of them (and I doubt Nintendo would be boneheaded enough to sign away an exclusive deal for their entire portfolio to a company that didn't intend to make use of it). Unfortunately, the problem with Zelda projects on Cuusoo has consistently been the need for new molds, a problem that this proposal, awesome though it might be, doesn't avert.I would love a Zelda Lego theme, but I don't know if Cuusoo is the right way to get the Zelda theme fans deserve. The only Zelda project I've seen on Cuusoo that is high-quality without needing new molds is this stylish Master Sword build, and unfortunately the minifigure-based projects keep leaving it in the dust.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Inappropriate language removed. -B6

I don't exactly see how that's inappropiate, but I'll reword that for you anyway.

*LE MELTS FROM FAN-NESS*

this stylish Master Sword

Inappropriate language removed. -B6

*LE MELTS FROM MORE FAN-NESS*

Edited by Arzaki

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

As long as they don't even consider making a LEGO Legend of Zelda video game, I'm indifferent.

Technically, they could probably do that... after all, Nintendo DID publish LEGO City Undercover. But I can't say whether Nintendo would really want to.

And what worries me is that they could potentially do that if there were LEGO Zelda sets.

As long as they don't even consider making a LEGO Legend of Zelda video game, I'm indifferent.

Technically, they could probably do that... after all, Nintendo DID publish LEGO City Undercover. But I can't say whether Nintendo would really want to.

And what worries me is that they could potentially do that if there were LEGO Zelda sets.

I wouldn't even mind. I think it'd be fun to play a "light" Zelda game that pokes fun at the series and its tropes, and is chock-full of puzzles and traps made of Lego.

I wouldn't even mind. I think it'd be fun to play a "light" Zelda game that pokes fun at the series and its tropes, and is chock-full of puzzles and traps made of Lego.

I think the ridiculously milked gameplay of the LEGO series would be awful to pair with a series that almost always produces top quality games. I can see where you are coming from, but this would be like Link having a playable appearance in Call of Duty or Angry Birds; it'd just be insulting.

I think the ridiculously milked gameplay of the LEGO series would be awful to pair with a series that almost always produces top quality games. I can see where you are coming from, but this would be like Link having a playable appearance in Call of Duty or Angry Birds; it'd just be insulting.

See, I disagree there. I think the gameplay of the Lego games isn't so much "ridiculously milked" as "tried and true". While I've also gotten a little burned out on the licensed Lego games, they remain marvelously easy to pick up and play, and feature some of the best co-op play of any games I've ever played. And I know that whenever I end up getting a Wii U, Lego City: Undercover is likely to be one of my first purchases. The TT Games Lego games are just fun.Besides, a Lego Zelda game wouldn't necessarily need to follow the same formula as, say, Lego Star Wars. TT Games has proven that they can do different things with games such as Lego Battles. I doubt we'd see a full, multi-hour platformer if Lego Zelda became a thing; rather, I'm envisioning something smaller. Perhaps a downloadable title for Wii U/3DS, or an online game? Perhaps a more traditional top-down dungeon crawler, but with great cutscenes? The possibilities are almost endless. I think a series that has room for more than one game purely focused on Tingle, of all characters, wouldn't be too tainted by a single tongue-in-cheek Lego game.

See, I disagree there. I think the gameplay of the Lego games isn't so much "ridiculously milked" as "tried and true". While I've also gotten a little burned out on the licensed Lego games, they remain marvelously easy to pick up and play, and feature some of the best co-op play of any games I've ever played. And I know that whenever I end up getting a Wii U, Lego City: Undercover is likely to be one of my first purchases. The TT Games Lego games are just fun.Besides, a Lego Zelda game wouldn't necessarily need to follow the same formula as, say, Lego Star Wars. TT Games has proven that they can do different things with games such as Lego Battles. I doubt we'd see a full, multi-hour platformer if Lego Zelda became a thing; rather, I'm envisioning something smaller. Perhaps a downloadable title for Wii U/3DS, or an online game? Perhaps a more traditional top-down dungeon crawler, but with great cutscenes? The possibilities are almost endless. I think a series that has room for more than one game purely focused on Tingle, of all characters, wouldn't be too tainted by a single tongue-in-cheek Lego game.

Alright. Let's give LEGO Tingle's Adventures a chance. When people say new LEGO games, I envision the console platformers, which, while initially nice back in the days of LEGO Star Wars, grew tedious and very dull by the age of Batman. Oh, and they apparently talk now. Not saying that they aren't funny, but I thought it was pretty cool when they could be entertaining without words.

• 1 month later...

But as of the recent policy update we might never see this. It's promoting Nintendo or endorsing. Would love to see this set or sets, but these rules with the new policy will make sure this never exists. I doubt this will ever happen like Minecraft did. -_-

Yes, the new policy will end this proposal, but not for the reason you say. The "Promoting or endorsing" rule applies to company mascots and logos alone (like Purdue Pete or Andy the Bugdroid), not to intellectual properties and their associated iconography. The reason this project will fail is that while it kept new molds to a minimum, it still requires one too many (Link's hat/hair). There are still ways a Zelda proposal could technically achieve success: these three projects are all excellent set concepts that would not have any issues except the potential for licensing complications.

But as of the recent policy update we might never see this. It's promoting Nintendo or endorsing. Would love to see this set or sets, but these rules with the new policy will make sure this never exists. I doubt this will ever happen like Minecraft did. -_-

Yes, the new policy will end this proposal, but not for the reason you say. The "Promoting or endorsing" rule applies to company mascots and logos alone (like Purdue Pete or Andy the Bugdroid), not to intellectual properties and their associated iconography. The reason this project will fail is that while it kept new molds to a minimum, it still requires one too many (Link's hat/hair). There are still ways a Zelda proposal could technically achieve success: these three projects are all excellent set concepts that would not have any issues except the potential for licensing complications.

Also this one, my personal favorite.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg