• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Leppy's Games

Dark709 leppy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 876 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 08 2013 - 12:03 PM

This game was made by Leppy. I take credit only for finding it and re-uploading it.

As you may know, the entire archive was lost earlier this year. As some of you may not know, the download link for Dark709's Comics: The Game is broken, and has been for a while. I was searching through my old computer that doesn't get used anymore, and found a copy of the game. I have since posted a download link on dropbox, and have been running a virtual image of Windows XP on Virtualbox to play the game. If you wish to play the game, and are running Windows 8, I suggest you do the same (you may need to install VM Guest Additions: Boot your virtual machine in safe mode, log in, click "Devices" in the menu bar, select "Insert Guest Additions CD Image...," allow the wizard to do it's work, and reboot when it's done.). If you are running Windows 7, I read there is an included "XP mode" you can possibly use. Windows Vista users are out of luck unless you can find some way to run a virtual copy of windows XP on Windows Vista or rewrite the executable file to check that the system is running Vista, rather than XP.

EDIT: I have since found several of Leppy's other games, including:

Binky Island,

Dark709's Comics: The Game v2,

Hero or Beast,

Mata Nui Mini Games v2.5, and

Winter Nightmare.

I have compiled all of these games into a compressed folder titled "leppygames" and uploaded the new folder to Dropbox here. You still have to do the same as above to play them.

Edited by Makuta Malignus, Jan 04 2014 - 12:01 PM.

--:m::a::k::u::t::a: :l::u::r::m_o::k::a:

card_newmat.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#2 Offline Emzee

Emzee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • BZPRPG Guru & Senior Staff

• 6,737 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Nov 09 2013 - 08:05 PM

Hi Malignus, I'd suggest add a line at the top of this topic that states clearly that Leppy made this game, to make things clearer.  :)

Anyway, it's cool to see this game back. I remember it from way back in the day, but never got it to work after I upgraded from Windows XP. I have Windows 7 now so I might try your method.  

Edited by Emzee, Nov 09 2013 - 08:06 PM.

FCG Devlog Entry #7: Project Update

plb_banner_teaser.jpg

BZPRPG: News | General Discussion | My Profiles

Sesseta Wokapu | Ra'lhen | Wokodin | Wokiya Catarix

#3 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 876 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2013 - 01:11 AM

Yeah I remember it and it was awesome. Been having issues with lag though, probably because I'm running a virtual image of XP.

card_newmat.png

Your title has been removed. We will do our best to make sure you do not get a custom member title in the future for any reason to avoid such a situation from happening again.

#4 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,314 posts
  •  

Posted Nov 10 2013 - 01:18 AM

I believe I still have this game as well, along with a ton of other games I downloaded when I was new to BZPower.

The one thing I really remember was the lag. It's not just your virtual image. This game has so much lag. I believe it's because Leppy used an absurd amount of particle effects, especially on that one level where the floor is fire. I remember I could barely get past that level because of all the lag.

It was really fun though. Glad to see it back on the site.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#5 Offline Makuta Luroka

Makuta Luroka
  • Members

• 876 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 04 2014 - 12:02 PM

I believe I still have this game as well, along with a ton of other games I downloaded when I was new to BZPower.

The one thing I really remember was the lag. It's not just your virtual image. This game has so much lag. I believe it's because Leppy used an absurd amount of particle effects, especially on that one level where the floor is fire. I remember I could barely get past that level because of all the lag.

It was really fun though. Glad to see it back on the site.

Man that part was terrible. And you couldn't play as tahu to get rid of the zimmwads.

I have since found several of Leppy's other games, including:

Binky Island,
Dark709's Comics: The Game v2,
Hero or Beast,
Mata Nui Mini Games v2.5, and
Winter Nightmare.

I have compiled all of these games into a compressed folder titled "leppygames" and uploaded the new folder to Dropbox here. You still have to do the same as above to play them. I have also updated the first post.

card_newmat.png

#6 Offline MechaAshura20

MechaAshura20
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 8 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 29 2014 - 12:37 AM

I wonder if anyone could make a version for the App...

#7 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,350 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Mar 31 2014 - 08:29 PM

Please don't post in topics that haven't received a post in sixty days or more.

Revived topic closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users