BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC: Daikura Koga

Inokio's home would have been considered spartan by most, but to a scholar like Koga it represented a clear space to focus on the mind and the spirit housed within, to avoid the distractions of the physical life and... perfume? The woody undertones wafted through his palate, complimented a moment later by the citrus tang and vanilla sweetness of something only a woman from the court would wear. Before his mind could continue down the course of intrigue and project any thoughts unconsciously into the psychic plane he addressed the battlemaster's question.

"I'm not old, but I'm not young," Koga admitted, speaking plainly now that he had been addressed in kind. "I've watched two daughters pass their tests as menti and have a third soon to follow, but that's the most of my accomplishments beyond preserving the teachings of my clan. I feel I've yet to fulfill the role of warrior, and with the rumblings in the court of the new island I can't help but feel..." He paused. How did he feel? His mind roved quickly back to his conversation with Soraph on the terrace. It had been a dark and beautiful night, and her startling presence only illuminated his feelings of malcontent. That was it.

"I feel change in the air and I want to be ready for that change. As a man and a warrior my honor is bound in combat, in power and all the virtues. I've cultivated order in my life and also honor in the giving of life to three beautiful girls, but power I've never achieved on or off the field of battle. I'm sure it sounds foreign to a veteran of combat such as yourself, but aside from the rarest duel I've never met a warrior in bloody combat."

Edited by Kughii

Ic: "So let me dig a bit here," Inokio said, keenly cutting through Koga's rhetoric like a katana through a bundle of reed. "You have no experience in combat in your history but you're seeking to improve your skills as a Menti. I applaud your wish for preparedness, but you seem to be searching for Power which... might not even serve you in the slightest."

"I've trained rigorously in the art of combat but have never used what I've learned outside of the few duels I fought in earlier years, that's correct. I feel it's time for a change."

"That's what I'm referring to," Inokio said ponderously. He arched his hands as if in prayer and tapped his fingertips together again as he considered Koga's 'application,' if one could call it that. Koga had the stock to be a student and the ambition to succeed; the fact that he came and asked Inokio so directly proved his determination. His motive seemed empty, but as Inokio studied it perhaps there was a hint of genius behind it.

After all, being a First Son of status meant Koga was aware of the political goings-on, including the upcoming expedition to Mata Nui. Furthermore was the fact that after the trip there was sure to be conflict on some level, either on Sado or between the realms or both. It was possible the Daikura nobleman was perceptive of these challenges and wanted to be ready to face them. He would never be a battlemaster before the conflict but he at least wanted to start working on it while he could. Wise boy.

"I can teach you the Mindarm technique," he finally relented, "but you have to be aware that this is not going to be an easy process. The length of time it takes to master one art is doubled when it's your second, as you've found, and that will only multiply on itself twice over for a third discipline, and there's no telling whether you'll be as fortunate in learning to be a Mindarm as you were at your current arts. It will not be easy to do. Learning a third art is like stuffing a whole row's worth of books into an already crammed bookcase—the difficulty is in making more room for knowledge, not just learning the new material. And if you feel you can't succeed in time, well, there is no shame in admitting that. Do you understand?"

IC: Daikura Koga

"I will gladly learn the Mindarm technique and accept failure is a possibility." Koga spoke his words after bowing deeply in his chair. In his eyes was the glimmer of success in the making, the sheer perseverance of a man ready to seize his own destiny. "However, I will treat the Mindarm technique much the same a the second menti discipline I was expected to learn: with determination and diligence. I am in your debt, Battlemaster Korae, and please do not hesitate to call upon it. If there is anything I can do to repay you..." He let his words carry their own meaning. Sometimes gratitude was better left open ended.

"When shall we begin training in the ways of the Mindarm? You seemed prepared to leave, surely there is some better time that could be arranged. I would hate to inconvenience you."

IC: Akone

Oh How could she forget? She was in the middle of an usurpation plot barely two years back.

"Of course not, my Toroshu, but the clan is pretty... peaceful thanks to your efforts. But beliefs about what exactly?"

OOC: Lol there's like only three players in clan Hogo.

Edited by Just Norik