Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!


Photo

BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago


  • Please log in to reply
2094 replies to this topic

#1841 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 10:04 PM

IC: Akone
Akone ducked and rolled to the side, before materialising her Soulsword and charging straight at Higashi.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1842 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 10:54 PM

IC: Higashi

 

Higashi stood her ground, watching as her fellow clan member charged straight at her. A smirk crossed the guard's face, and her own Soulsword ability, a telekinetic fist, rose to meet her opponent's blade head-on. It was useful, having a third fist, especially when it removed the use of a limb from those she fought.

 

With Akone now slightly preoccupied, Higashi swung a fist straight towards the other Hogo's chest.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1843 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 11:04 PM

IC: Akone
Akone blocked the soulsword fist and dematrialised her Soulsword, letting the force of the blow push her backwards without causing her harm, causing Higashi to miss. Akone drew her Naginata and kept a distance, swinging the Halberd.

OOC: Technically more like a Medieval Glaive.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1844 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 11:18 PM

IC: Higashi

 

Higashi fell back, her own Soulsword dissipating into the aether as well. Range was definitely going to be a difficulty for her, but she knew some ways around it. Her body rapidly shuffled to the side, feet kicking up dust that obscured everything around the two combatants. Hidden away, the Hogo guardian grinned, a coil of rope obtained from a nearby crate now in her hands. This was going to be fun. And she doubted that Akone would expect it.

 

A length of rope shot out from the cloud, the loop on its end wrapping itself around Akone's halberd. It tugged hard, forcing the Toroshu's cousin to either follow, pull back, or simply let go of the weapon. But that was not the end, as a second length of rope, with the end wrapped around a stone, swung through the dust straight towards Akone's head.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1845 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 11:30 PM

OOC: What is this insta-object madness :'c

IC: Akone
Akone yelped and let go of the Naginata before dodging the second rope. Higashi missed since she was also obscuring her own line of sight.

Akone threw the apple rind in her hand towards her left and moved towards it before throwing pebbles at Higashi's general direction.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1846 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2014 - 11:37 PM

OOC: It's pretty logical to assume the Yards would have some rocks, rope and buckets lying around. Apple rinds on the other hand.

 

IC: Higashi

 

The pebbles would be battered away by Akone's naginata, which now found its way into Higashi's hand. The Hogo Guardian smiled, her other hand whirling the rope with the rock on it around, ready to send it flying at her relative again.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1847 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 01:54 AM

OOC: It's the apple from before. It's not doing anything andway. It's non-canon.

IC: Akone
The Hogo Guard silently moved far to the left, keeping herself hidden. The dust was starting to settle anyway, and the Menti waited for Higashi to appear again.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1848 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 02:18 AM

IC: Higashi

 

The stone, attached to the rope, shot forth through the dust once more, intent on striking Akone.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1849 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,872 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 02:58 PM

IC: Daijuno

 

Standing on the docks, my fingers clinging to my cigarette to keep the sea air from blowing it away, I watched as our supplies were loaded into the submarine.

 

OOC: Open for interaction.

 

-Void


  • 0

#1850 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,569 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 04:14 PM

IC:

 

The Commodore's comment had been a little surprising; she might have noticed the Dasaka's approach under other circumstances, but she rarely paid the world much mind while she trained. Rarely was it necessary.So when Ayiwah spoke, she pivoted in place gracefully, instantly lowering her hands to her sides and transitioning into a slight bow. She straightened while the other Umbraline continued to speak, nodding her head both in thanks at the compliment, and in acknowledgement of the instructions. When she left, Sinshi turned to take a look at the area around her. There wasn't really anything left that she needed to do. On one hand, it would be very hard to practice on board the vessel once they set out. On the other, timeliness was an important virtue, and it was equally important that she leave a good impression on her soon-to-be comrades.

 

That in mind, she banished her Soulswords with a thought. It didn't really bother her that someone had seen what she was capable of, least of all the Commodore, but it wasn't something she liked to advertise. Sinshi didn't really know for sure why she kept it under wraps, but for the moment, it just didn't feel right to let people know. Granted, it was probable that the people she traveled with would find out. The Menti shook her head, dispelling that tangent of thought. It was irrelevant, for the moment.

 

Walking to the edge of the training area, she picked up a small bag and slung it over her shoulder. It didn't contain much, a few weapon maintenance tools, a few items of clothing, things of that nature, but it was all she really needed. Some might think it to be traveling excessively lightly, but, well, to each their own. No goodbyes to see to, and no matters left to be tended to. After taking a few brief moments to ensure that she had all of the things she would need, she set off for the Docks; her duties awaited.

 

*********************************

 

The trip was a swift one, since she had no need to stop. No crowds to contend with, and no distractions. So she arrived at her destination without any interruptions, stepping into the vicinity of the Docks quietly, keeping an eye out for anyone she knew. She recognized the bodyguard of the Mamoru Toroshu, and the Dasaka overseeing the loading of their supplies seemed vaguely familiar. There was a Fursic, but she had no knowledge of their identity. As it stood, the only being she personally knew, to any extent, was the Commodore. Taking note of that fact, she continued on her way, quietly arriving in their midst, and pausing to wait. No doubt instructions would be issued shortly.

 

OOC: Sinshi open for interaction.


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#1851 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,872 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 04:52 PM

IC:

 

I had just brought my smoke up to my lips for another drag when I spotted a Dasaka approaching the docks, a bag slung over her shoulder. She had a proud, poised look about her, immediately placing her as a Menti warrior in my mind; no sailor or ship hand would stand so tall at their station. Therefore, she must have been one of the honour guards sent to escort us.

 

She looks capable enough, I commented as I began walking over to her.

 

"Hello there!" I said, extending a hand towards the Dasaka. "You must be here for the expedition, am I right?"

 

OOC: That'd be Sinshi.

 

-Void


  • 0

#1852 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,569 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 05:11 PM

IC:

 

The Menti's head swiveled, noting the being who had greeted her. She took the Saihoko's hand in a quick, but polite, hand shake, nodding slightly. The response was the most appropriate she could give at the moment; Being a Dashi, Daijuno was technically lower than herself in status, as there were only so many castes they might occupy, but there were all sorts of rules dictating polite behavior. More importantly, she'd be sharing a ship with the Dashi quite soon. Best not to offend, regardless of caste.

 

"I am. Sinshi Umbraline. And you might be...?"


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#1853 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,872 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 05:22 PM

IC:

 

"Daijuno Dastana," I replied, grinning. "Resident Quartermaster. Good to meet you, Ms. Sinshi Umbraline; I'm guessing that you're here as part of the escort?"

 

-Void


  • 0

#1854 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,569 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 05:30 PM

IC:

 

"Yes, I was asked to serve as part of the guard. The trip to Mata Nui is, after all, of questionable safety."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#1855 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,872 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 05:47 PM

IC:

 

"Well, I'm certainly glad to have some capable warriors watching my back," I said. "But I'll admit that I'm probably no safer here than I am over there. Y'know, 'Hoko and all."

 

-Void


  • 0

#1856 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 10:07 PM

IC: Higashi

The stone, attached to the rope, shot forth through the dust once more, intent on striking Akone.


IC: Akone
A quick block with the shimmering soulsword in the Menti's hand rendered the stone useless, shattering the stone. With a swift movement, Akone grabbed the rope and pulled hard.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1857 Online Yolanda Squarble Fried #1

Yolanda Squarble Fried #1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

  • 3,818 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2014 - 02:17 AM

IC (Akimoto)

 

Aki's heart felt like it would th-thump right out of her chest. The last few days had been a whirlwind of frenzied preparations, leaving the Dasaka little time to really think about what was happening. But now, as her tentative footsteps carried her towards her dream, rucksack slung over her shoulder, she finally had space to try to comprehend what was happening.

 

The Menti messenger had been courteous, if not a little condescending (she was only a Ringti, after all), but Akimoto could hardly remember anything else about the conversation. The news that she, of all people, had been chosen to accompany some of the Empire's most famous and and skilled on an expedition to a far-off land... it was almost too much to take in. Even now, as she walked along the pier, her stomach twisted itself in knots as she brooded over whether or not this was a prank or a mistake, surely this was just a mistake.

 

The smith shook her head and took a deep breath. She didn't usually get anxious, but this was far and above anything that had ever happened before. Even speaking to the Chojo, though terrifying, was nothing compared to this. Her stomach fluttered with trepidation, almost as though it were filled with a thousand butterflies.

 

This was going to be a great day. Or she was going to throw up - in front of half the Empire.


  • 0

2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<3


#1858 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2014 - 03:08 AM

IC: Higashi

 

Higashi followed the rope, her body tugged towards the other Hogo's. Perfect.

 

Akone would have to try dodge the naginata blade speeding towards her as well.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1859 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 08:44 AM

IC: Higashi

Higashi followed the rope, her body tugged towards the other Hogo's. Perfect.

Akone would have to try dodge the naginata blade speeding towards her as well.


IC: Akone
Akone stopped short of pulling the Naginata through her heart and pushed the blade away with her Soulsword, before elbowing at Higashi's eye.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1860 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 09:53 AM

IC: Higashi

An elbow attack at such a high point on somebody's person was a risky maneuver, one that heavily unbalanced the attacker, forcing the weight of their body forward. It was incredibly difficult to recover from the tactic, and the lack of power behind the blow meant very few would even try. It was a high-risk move with no real gain, and the massive opening was easy capitalised upon by Higashi.

The Hogo guardian didn't even crack a sweat dodging the blow, moving rapidly to slam her fist into her compatriot's chest with the aim of winding Akone, while her Soulsword fist fell down upon the tilting Hogo's head with the force of a hammer blow.

OOC: An elbow to the eye? That's such a terribly uncoordinated attack. Akone's so open now man.

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1861 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 10:16 AM

OOC: I was thinking more like... Heerm.
I'm terrible at combat okay I'm insecure go away lemme alone waaaaaa :'(
Sigh how to salvage situation...
IC: Akone
The punch to the chest knocked Akone backwards, completely taking her down. The Soulsword fist, fortunately, missed her, saving the Hogo Guard a painful visit to the Infirmary.

Akone fell and scrambled to get back up, but she stumbled again before righting herself.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1862 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 10:35 AM

IC: Higashi

And she would come face to face with the tip of her own naginata, its blade mere millimetres away from her mask. If she were to move a single inch, she would find herself quite dead.

"You know," said Higashi. "I coulda stabbed ya through earlier."

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1863 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 10:47 AM

IC: Akone
"I concede. I lose yet again," Akone gave a rueful smile.

"Maybe I would've stood a better chance if I hadn't given you my weapon."

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1864 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 10:54 AM

IC: Higashi

"I woulda won anyway," said Higashi cheekily as she handed the weapon back.

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1865 Offline Kughii

Kughii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nuva Team Assembled

  • 2,522 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 12:42 PM

IC: Daikura Koga

 

The first son of the Daikura Clan stood with his hands clasped softly behind his back.  He stood on one of the many dry-dock bridges near the submarine, letting the morning smell of fish and the cry of gulls crash over his senses.  His tongue was salty from the air.  The Chisai Ryuu looked like a beached razor whale, magnificent and fierce. The crystalline structures of its surface were a deep blue and glittered like some magnificent jewel as the murky sunlight from an overcast morning struck its surface.  Koga had no doubt once the Ryuu was submerged it would be indistinguishable from the surrounding waters.  

 

Despite being next to such an impressive vessel Koga’s mind wandered to other planes of thought.  His grip tightened as he thought of the Rora’s murder, softened as the memories of Yumiwa’s coronation replaced the darker desires for revenge, and released entirely as his inner eye fell on Soraph.  In gaining power Koga hoped it would woo the woman he sought.  

 

There was a small crowd on the largest ramp.  Koga approached, his new armor making muffled sounds as he strode toward them. 

 

 “Good morning.” He hailed and bowed respectfully once in their midst.  “I am Daikura Koga, member of Rora Yumiwa’s honor guard.  Ah, you must be Commodore Ayiwah.  A pleasure.  And I judge you’re Umbraline Shinshi?"


  • 0

http://www.bzpower.c...e=2#entry546628

 

Link for the BZPRPG 2013 arc profiles.


#1866 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

  • 11,569 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2014 - 06:15 PM

IC:

 

"Indeed." The remark was concise, bordering on curt, but it was all that she could really say; the treatment of Saihoko was what it was, and there was nothing she could say on the subject. Nor should she. It was not, after all, for one of her station to comment upon. The lull in conversation was perhaps inevitable, after the series of remarks that had been exchanged. Saihoko and Menti did not often have much in the way of mutual small talk. Both were saved from the necessity of continued conversation by another arrival

 

The Daikura First Son would have been recognizable even without introduction, though Sinshi herself might be biased in that regard; her presence at the now-Rora's party a few nights previously had allowed her to see many high caste individuals, and Daikura Koga had quite literally glowed, making him impossible to miss. A bit gaudy, even among the chosen apparels of that crowd, but it had certainly made him difficult to miss. And of course, she herself was so frequently present at the Yards that it was impossible not to encounter the Daikura. Almost on reflex, she pivoted in place to dip into a forty five degree bow in his direction, straightening after a few seconds.

 

"I am Umbraline Sinshi, yes." The Menti answered without much pause. The answer was simple, and to the point; she saw no cause for anything else, at this point in time. Nor did she expect anything else would be expected, or appreciated. Despite her inclusion on the expedition, she was still only a Menti in caste, and a lowly one at that. "Also a member of the Rora's guard, for the purposes of this expedition."


  • 0

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

 

 

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#1867 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 04:12 AM

IC: Amaki

 

The morning sun rises.

 

Amaki shifts in her bed.

 

She doesn't want to wake up.

 

But she has to.

 

"Blargh," she coughs out, as the drummer rolls onto the floor.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1868 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 05:21 AM

IC: Higashi

"I woulda won anyway," said Higashi cheekily as she handed the weapon back.


IC: Akone
"Ohh, so that's the attitude now isn't it? Don't get cocky," Akone laughed and took the weapon back.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1869 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 05:33 AM

IC: Higashi

 

"I'm not cocky, but I just know I'm better."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1870 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 06:40 AM

IC: Akone
"Don't be complacent, then."

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1871 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 06:46 AM

IC: Higashi

 

"As if I would be."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1872 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:03 AM

IC: Akone
Akone shrugged, conceding the point.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1873 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:14 AM

IC: Higashi

 

"So what now?"


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1874 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:19 AM

IC: Akone
"I dunno."

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1875 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:20 AM

IC: Higashi

 

"You gotta come up with more things to say than dunno."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1876 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:36 AM

IC: Akone
"I dunno where we should go."

Edited by Just Norik, Jul 08 2014 - 08:36 AM.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1877 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:39 AM

IC: Higashi

 

"You part of the Hogo contingent sent on the expedition?"


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1878 Offline Just Norik

Just Norik
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

  • 1,885 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 08:43 AM

IC: Akone
"I hope not, or I'll be punished for being late. They setting sail soon right?"

Edited by Just Norik, Jul 08 2014 - 08:43 AM.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...c=9733&p=547065My BZPower RPG profiles.


#1879 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

  • 18,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 09:28 AM

IC: Higashi

"Yeah. I'd dig going though."

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#1880 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,872 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2014 - 07:29 PM

IC:

 

Sinshi, baby, you're killing me here....

 

Oh well, it wasn't like I was surprised at her giving me the cold shoulder. No, most of that surprise was being directed towards the being currently talking with the Menti.

 

"First Son Daikura Koga," I said, inclining my head in a way which could be interpreted as both a slight bow and a nod of acknowledgement. "It's a pleasure to see you here. I suppose we'll all be quite safe over on Mata Nui, isn't that so?"

 

-Void


  • 0




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users