BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I'm afraid not" Kulrik said. "I've come to speak to her about a....pretty delicate issue, not something I think either of us would being relayed through messengers. Of course I'm sure you are very reliable and have the utmost loyalty towards your Toroshu, my beautiful Dashi. It's more complex than that, you see."

Kulrik flashed one his dashing smiles at the short Dashi, one that melted the hearts of countless Menti and Saihoko alike.

"Perhaps you could tell us where Toroshu Kilanya can be found so we can go meet her? Or if your'e expecting the Lady to return soon, maybe we could wait inside?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Ic:

"One's for Jiyu, the other is for... I think the clerk," she said, opening up the umbraline's folder. It was a series of reports, mostly boring stuff. Physicals, weekly reports, and a letter that was signed "Z".

She started with the letter, and quickly learned that she was some sort of correspondent with this "Z".

"She was writing to someone... And they were writing back. At the start, the conversations are simple things... But the latter two... She mentions waking nightmares," Harume said with a frown. So the clerk did suffer the same fate, it seems, "she even noted that she thought someone was making her have bad dreams... But she could never find anyone with her willhammer powers..."

[sado, Imperial Library, a day previous]

I snorted.  "That's just the kind of thing a well-bred first son would say."

It occurred to me that he might find this insulting.

"I...uh-ohhhhhh soko dung, I'm supposed to be at home.  Mother dear will send a hoard of Saihoko after me if I don't show up, and I don't really want an entourage."

I picked up the book and headed for the door, tentatively waving to Jiyu and neatly stepping backward through the doorframe, if I do say so myself.

"See you around--I guess."

I ignored the librarians protests.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Noshima

Everything had passed by so quickly. It was quite humbling to admit, but Noshima had been caught off guard by the sudden events of the past few days. Now the majority of her people were patrolling the streets in an attempt to keep everything in line. That left the vaults barely manned, and that was troubling to her. She understood the necessity of the imperial command to ensure order in the Palace, but there was certainly a sense of extremity in the act. Not that she could protest - this conflict had threatened the Empress. It would be incredibly dishonourable if the Hogo failed to involve themselves. She held back a light chuckle. No matter what occurred, it would at least fulfil her goals of changing the Hogo's image.

The Hogo Toroshu rose to her feet. Alone in her chambers, she made a mental note to remind her people not to be overly aggressive. While there was a need for the Hogo to be seen as more than unappreciated, unimportant guards, she did not want her clan to be treated as rabid dogs. Such people did not deserve to stand at the side of the Empress.

She would have to do something soon.

But that could wait.

There was something else she needed to deal with.

IC: 

Zyla almost muttered something about thanking Captain Obvious, but given that either of her companions could probably have her disappear without a trace, she was quick to hold her tongue. Instead, she drummed the tabletop and worried about this "Z" person who was writing letters to the victims. Had been writing letters.

Was still writing letters?

"Could it have been a particularly powerful Willhammer?" she asked. Being a lowly little Dashi, she was about as knowledgable about Menti abilities as a tortoise was about speed. "If we're talking about someone with access to both these records and to someone like Herupa Jiyu, they could be someone with access to exceptional training."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Minami

On the surface, today was like any other day. Minami would be roused from her sleep, bathed in the steam room, and be given her first dose of herbs of the day before her breakfast. The seemingly idyllic air that daily life within the walls of the Odaiba University held was a stark contrast to the turmoil that the archipelago was slowly (or not so slowly) sinking into, as if this little portion of the world had been cut off and set aside.

(Though if one truly lives for today, with there being no promise of tomorrow, would it really matter what the weather outside was like? Minami already had one sword over her head; adding another wouldn't make that much of a difference.)

She had decided to enter into an alliance with Dastana on account of previous partnerships as well as blood ties. While she was one of those who believed that Jasik's hands were stained with blood, she still felt some manner of sympathy for her distant cousin. As well, allying the clan with the Umbraline held no major advantage aside from protection from the crown, while joining the Dastana, a clan that shared similar interests, would be much more conducive to what was left of Kyōshi's science program. It may have not been the right thing to do, but it was the pragmatic thing to do.

This was the first time in Minami's recent memory that she had directly spoken on an issue; in previous situations, she had been only one voice among many, with her two deputies and her brother arguably holding the most sway. This time, however, she had made a choice for herself and exercised her authority as the clan's true leader; she felt that she would need to make many more choices like these in the weeks to come, as war seemed to become more and more of a reality. That she would live long enough to see its beginning, she was sure if. However, something told her that she would not survive through to its end...

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC:

In her home, on her clan's lands, life was most often peaceful. 'Stressful' meant that there was a heated meeting of the minds, or a student had been injured. Her worries were administrative and scholarly, and her environment, by most standards, calm. The Imperial City on Sado, at the best of times, was not like home. The hustle and bustle of city life was a welcome change from time to time, even if the politics were not.

These were not the best of times, and the change was not welcome. 

.:Toroshu Nihonei,:. A quiet mental voice began respectfully, interrupting the Eiyu Toroshu's silent contemplation. The 'speaker', a young Eiyu Menti, barely out of her training, inclined her head respectively as she stepped into the room. As was necessary, the Eiyu maintained a small living space within the city; it wasn't home, and it wasn't as comfortable, but it was serviceable. It was here that Nihonei and her clanmates had been staying, ever since Yusanora's assassination. Perhaps it would have been wiser to leave, but the Toroshu had chosen otherwise. Her intent had been to observe events as they occurred, offer guidance if she was asked; maintaining a presence for the start of civil war was not the plan. .:I'm sorry to disturb you, ma'am.:.

"No need to apologize, Hashi." Nihonei gave the young Menti a smile, though the kindness was tempered by a hint of weariness. "You aren't disturbing anything important thoughts. Just unpleasant ruminations. Please, have a seat."

Her clansister did just that, sinking into a chair opposite the desk at which her Toroshu sat. Officially, Hashi had been brought along as one of Nihonei's guards; unofficially, she had requested it as a chance to see Sado. One her leader had granted, though given what had happened, she would have preferred to stay home. 

"What can I do for you?"

"I..." The Menti took a deep breath. "You asked me to keep an eye on what was happening in the city. It's as bad as you thought, milady. The Umbralines' allies are trying to restore order, but the fighting just keeps escalating. Dastana against Umbraline, and their supporters... The Ageru seem to be with the Umbralines, and the Hogo are trying to restore order."

The Eiyu Toroshu was silent for several long moments, before letting out a long sigh. She had hoped to be wrong, that the tensions would amount to little. She had known better, of course, but she had held onto that hope. Not that it mattered anymore. Conflict had erupted, the likes of which had not been seen in many years. The new Rora... Nihonei did not believe she had the wisdom to quell it, not peacefully. She had doubts she could even put it down by force. Any attempts to do so would only be viewed as furthering the violence.

"... Milady," Hashi began again, after a few moments' silence. Though she was doing her utmost to maintain her professionalism, the younger warrior was clearly unsettled. "What will we do? The Eiyu, I mean. If this becomes civil war... Won't we have to pick a side? Who will we pick? Can we protect ourselves?"

"We can, and if need be, we will." Nihonei said firmly, seeking to put her fears at rest. "We will not be attacked recklessly. Not when we have yet to show any support to either clan. But if that moment does come, we will defend ourselves. Our clan has done so before. As for a side... That is a complicated matter, Hashi. One that, if Zuto Nui is kind, we will not have to decide upon."

"I see."

The room fell silent, neither party moving from their position for several moments. Hashi, hands clasped formally in her lap, sitting rigidly in her chair, and Nihonei opposite her; the Toroshu's fingers were steepled before her face, her eyes fixed on a point in the distance. After a few moments of deliberation, she reached a conclusion; she needed to get a feel for the situation, meet with what fellow leaders she could. A visit to the Imperial Library would be necessary, as well.

"... Get ready, Hashi. And tell your partner to be ready as well. We're going out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Higashi

"Yare yare dawa."

All she had really wanted to do was fish, yaknow? But no, some morons just had to ruin it for her. Now she was standing at the corner of some street, body hidden in the shadows as she watched people. Orders had come down from up-high to ensure stability and order. Higashi had absolutely no idea what the vague-as-Zataka's-miror comment meant, but she could get the gist. Zuto, she really wished was clearer and less confusing. There was a conflict, yeah, but what the heck had happened?

The Hogo guardswoman looked down at her clenched fists. She really needed to punch something.

Too bad the Toroshu had ordered everyone to lay off on the aggressiveness. Yeah, their rep mattered, but she really wanted to punch something.

IC: Hogo Akone

And it was going so well.

The Ruki tasted so good. The sun was bright etc etc.

Then suddenly clans starting fighting. There was a lot of stressful briefings and orders before being ordered to police the streets. As much as Akone could gather from Noshima, the Dastana First Son was implicated in the assassination, and zealous vigilantes on both sides had started killing each other.

"You look like you need to punch something," Akone remarked to Higashi.

Ic:

"A willhammer breakin into other willhammer's-" the detective stopped, recalling the Menti's profile.

"The Menti was also a Willhammer."

-

And after she left, jiyu went home for the evening. Then a whole bunch of stuff that we already saw happened. So now, a deal of time later for jiyu, he was doing stuff. Now specifically walking through the streets, his blinded eye shut permanently. His single eye appeared to scan the streets for danger, but he himself used his mind to direct his sight now. It was something he was unused to, but if the things he had heard while he was healing were true, then he needed to get back into the swing of things.

Ooc: chapter III herupa jiyu, open to interact

IC Kaede

Behind Alone and Higashi, a whistling sound could be heard. Judging by the direction it was coming from and analysis of shadow patterns on the ground, one could deduce that there was a Huna user in the area that wasn't trying very hard to hide themselves.

"The Toroshu of Rin, she had ten thousand men, she marched them up to the top of the hill and she marched them down again..." The whistling had turned into singing.

OOC if you guys are open for interaction...

• Upvote 1