BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC: Higashi

Despite her friend's assumptions, Higashi had not followed the group into the alleyway. She was currently sneaking along a rooftop, a location that some would consider quite noticeable to enemies. But it seemed that lttle people looked up, and nearly nobody expected that she would be right on top of them, albeit blocked by a rooftop.

The Ringti who had dared attack her friends would find a Hogo guardswoman bursting through the ceiling.

IC (Ambush NPCs)

The bottle shattered on contact with the Hau-shield, its contents igniting and splashing onto the shield's surface, and without purchase on the force-field, it ran down to the ground harmlessly. A rough crescent of flaming liquid puddled in front of Akone.

The Ringti yelped in shock at the Hogo's entrance, and barrelled down the nearby stairs as fast as her Dashi legs would carry her.

Meanwhile, the rioters behind the barricade had not been idle. A band of melee-suited Dashi, led by a couple of Menti, had broken off onto a parallel street to cut the surviving Hogo off. They had almost reached the other end of the alley where Kamari and her fellow had taken refuge.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Kamari of clan Hogo, coliseum district ambush

The liquid flames poured over Akone's shield without effect, but Kamari still felt the heat of the attack from her position.

"Run," Akone shouted at her clanswoman, and Kamari turned to hobble as quickly as her wound allowed down the alley, but the sight of oncoming fighters made her stop. She considered using her menti discipline, but then the huna she wore was obsolete. Letting herself disappear Kamari pulled back the string on her bow, widened her stance for the proper aim, and released her arrow at one of the menti leaders, the string slapping off her bracer. The sound echoed in the crystal alleyway.

Edited by Kughii

IC: (Dastana Shivada)

"I Dastana Shivada, swear to Zuto Nui to protect the Rora and her kin, from threat foreign and domestic. To guard her halls, to police her streets, to keep her secrets. I will give my life in her defense, and betray not her or her dynasty. To her guard I shall be loyal, beyond Clan, beyond all other oaths. May I live by these words, or dishonor myself, my sisters, my clan and my ancestors. May Zuto guide me, and keep me true."

And true Shivada stayed. It had been the hardest decision of her life, to stay loyal to the crown. Part of her cried doing so was furthering injustice, spitting upon her murdered Toroshu, and supporting the very people who had hated her clan since it had formed. But the Shivada who swore that oath all those years ago won out. A strong empire was a united Empire, her clan were now rebels, sowing the seeds of entropy, and violating the Zuto-given order. Peace needed to be restored, a process, she prayed, by diplomacy. But she was no diplomat, she was an Imperial Guard. It was her duty to fight the rebellion by sword rather than word. Her sworn duty.

Shivada knew it would cost her, make her a traitor in the eyes of her clanmates, and likely her very own family. She realized it would mean fighting and killing members of her clan, but accepted the fact. Those rioters upon the street were of her clan, but the enemy, they who wish to destroy the Empire she had a duty to protect. Shivada marched with the members of the guard in formation, stoic in look, Naginata in hand, to put down the enemy, and bring upon the Rora's justice. The loyalist knew it was the point of no return.

Compared to the Hogo, the multi-clan Imperial Guards numbered barely two dozen. Eight of whom marched towards the riot, with their purple cloaks trailing behind them. One of her sister guards blared the horn, announcing to all the Guard had arrived. Shivada pointed the yellow blade of Naganita forward, and joined her fellows to rush. A band of Dashi rioters, armed with clubs, axes, and other sorts of improvised arms, came within sight. Among them, she thought, were clanmates degenerated to petty anarchism. As the Hogo huddled in the alley, they saw the flashes of purple and yellow, as the guards engaged the rioters.

One of them swung a club at Shivada. The Menti countered, and struck her with the flat of the crystal blade.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Kaede

Rolling away from the Molotov, Kaede thought of engaging the rooftop Dashi but Higashi had already gotten to that. From the corner of her eye, she spotted a group of rebels leaving their barricade-"Where could they be going?" She thought to herself. If they were smart, they would be trying for a pincer-the arrival of the Imperial Guard and their subsequent engagement confirmed that. Grabbing something off the ground (that turned out to be a fish), she activated her Huna, walked to the end of the alleyway, threw the fish at what looked like one of the hand leaders, then dropped her mask and launched her Willhammer, trying to project random mental noise into the opponent's mind.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC (Ambush NPCs)

The Menti moved instinctively at the sound of the bow-string, and instead of piercing her heart, the arrow thudded into her right shoulder. This really wasn't Kamari's day. The Soulsword in the rebel's hand, however, sputtered out as her concentration was broken by the pain. She fell onto one knee, clutching her shoulder as the many Dashi behind her surged forward to engage the remaining Hogo.

Many of them faltered momentarily as the horn of the Imperial Guard blared behind them, and those at the rear of the charge turned to protect their flank from the advancing warriors.

The rest of the rioters had also heard the horn, and the sounds of clashing swords from the alley. Realising the fight had moved to the alley, many of them vaulted over the barricades, drawing melee weapons and charging forwards.

The advancing Imperial Guard soon found crystal arrowing hissing through the air at them, as archers from the barricades rounded the corner further down the street.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: (Dastana Shivada/Sado Streets)

Bows? Where did they get bows?

It surprised Shivada that Dastana commoners were so well armed. In fact, it alarmed her. If that was so the case, they were not simply out to riot, they were out to make war. Five or so arrows came towards the eight, soon reduced to seven when Shivada's Mamoru sister-in-arms got an arrow to the eye. At that moment, she became the most senior Guardswoman among them. The militia had barricades and archers, but the seven were trained, armored, and veteran soldiers. She knew the Hogo were holed up in an alleyway, and made a silent vow to relieve them.

"Mindarms, smash the barricades! Forward to free the Hogo!"

She cut gashes into a pair of club-wielding Dashi, and watched as the Guard's two Mindarms scattered a barricade. Slowly, they advanced up the street. Once they cleared the alley, Shivada thought, the Guards could join with the Hogo and end this riot.  

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

"Running? Get back 'ere you little rat!"

Higashi vaulted over rubble, chasing the Dashi down the stairs. It didn't take long - her legs were longer, and carried her to the girl who dared attack her fellow clan members with ease. Standing in front of the now-blabbering Ringti, she wondered what exactly she was going to do. She glared down at the frightened face of the Dashi. It was rather pathetic, really. What could she do ...?

Eureka!

"I have a plan," she murmured, "that'll make ya useful for once."

Seconds later, a screaming Dashi was thrown out of an alleyway window, her body and the shattered glass around her descending towards the militia in the alley.

IC Kaede

The Guard had the rioters on that end covered; it looked like Akone and Kamari needed help. Higashi seemed to be doing fine on her own. Racing back towards Akone, she drew her katana, going into a waki stance with sword pointed behind her. Slowing to a fast walk, she approached the incoming rioters.

"That's all interesting, but how does this tie in to the attack here, or on First Son Jiyu?"

IC:

Zyla pursed her lips.

"All due respect, detective," she said, glancing between the two Dasaka, "but I have to agree with Ms. Reiko. This doesn't prove that Herupa Jiyu had any connection to these other two victims, and it's not enough to ... to ... to say that he's unstable enough to commit the crime himself."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kamari of clan Hogo, Coliseum District Ambush

As her two fellows engaged the oncoming rabble Kamari readied her final arrow.  She stared down its shaft, focusing closely and taking her time to aim at the menti still leading the advance.  The arrows she heard whizzing past were for the royal guard, she knew, and given her position in the alleyway Kamari could be sure no crystal barb would find her from the volley.  Besides she was invisible, except for the blood stains she left trailing behind her.

May Zuto-Nui bless this arrow, Kamari thought, and then let it fly, her intention focused solely on her prayer, on her aim, on the arrow spinning forward under the force of her bowstring.  There was more behind the arrow than sheer skill and training, there was faith guiding it home.

IC (Toroshu Ihi of Clan Daikura): At the Arohi School of the Mind, a special assembly of all students and staff had been called. No reason had been given, but nobody was in any doubt about the purpose of Toroshu Ihi's speech this morning. The Daikura leaders had been up late into the previous night, discussing their situation, and what their responsibilities, their honour and their consciences might all be satisfied. Even after Ihi had finally gone to bed, it had been a long time before her thoughts had finally calmed enough to allow sleep. It turned out that when faced with a clan war, there were no perfect solutions. She could only do the best she could and pray that Zuto Nui would see to the rest.

Ihi looked out at the sea of masks looking up at her, picking out the faces of many students she knew well. Some looked at the ceiling, other at the floor, some at her and others at their hands. All of them looked at the other Dasaka around them with fear and mistrust. Clan politics were already fracturing the school from within. She cleared her throat to attract their attention and began her speech.

"Descendants of Arohi and students of her legacy," she began "we stand today on the brink of what could be the worst clan war that our nation has seen in living memory. I pray that it does not come to that, but nevertheless, we must be prepared for what may come. There will be some important changes at this school, starting today. Before I get to them, however, I would like to give a few words of advice.

For millennia, Clan Daikura has equipped Menti with the powerful tools of our class, and taught them to use them well. This has been our sacred duty to all the children of Zuto Nui, and we have performed it faithfully. More important than the tools, however, is how they are put to use. A soulsword may be used to cut stalks of grain or to sow the ground with blood. A mindarm may catch a friend when she stumbles, or throw her to the ground. My students, you are the future leaders among your clans, and of our nation. When you leave this school behind and put to use the tools we have given you, I urge you to remember also to use them with wisdom. Your power must be used to build and preserve what is good, and not to tear down those who stand in your path.

You are loyal to your clans and families, and rightly so, but remember also that you have a higher responsibility to your nation and to Zuto Nui our Mother. Remember the three virtues, and perhaps, when you come into your own, you will not have to resort to such destructive means when you seek to build a better world for your families. Much evil is done in war, no matter how noble the causes may be. It is not yet certain, but if that is the only way forward that the current generation of leaders can envision, then I fear that we have all failed ourselves, our clans, and our nation.

I look to you, then, with hope. You can yet learn from our mistakes, heal the rifts that we have widened and do what we could not. If we have not destroyed it, then I charge you with building a nation to be proud of, one that is united in its honour, order and power!

In the face of the current situation, however, this will be a difficult task. There are some who would destroy this future, and in order to do so, destroy you. Assassination is becoming more common, and there are many among our students whose future potential makes them targets. We shall not allow this to happen! Even if the imperial guards should falter, we will be setting further protection around this school and the future that resides within. We cannot do this alone, however, and so we will be calling on our senior students, from the fifth year and above, to join with the Daikura to provide extra nighttime security. Each of you has been assigned to a squad, and will take one night every two weeks to patrol the school's boundary with two of your teachers. In order to accommodate this, significant timetable changes have been made, and I would like to acknowledge Datsue Sakrayo for her efforts in organising this.

When your turn comes to do this, I would encourage you to think of the task as a first step towards building your future in a united Kentoku Archipelago. You will be defending the young leaders of not only your own clans, but of all clans. They are your friends and classmates, your partners in building this new nation. They are not your enemies, but your sisters."

This was not an idle point of her speech. In fact, it had taken the Daikura elders more time last night than anything else to assign the squads to be carefully balanced by clan and allegiance. No squad could have enough of one side that they might overwhelm the others and so help outside assassins to break into the school and attack a young son or Toroshu-to-be, while those squads containing the most volatile students would be stacked with more temperate students from the neutral clans. It had been a most delicate balance to strike.

"Thankyou" she concluded. "You may all return to your classes. The new schedules, including those for the patrol squads, will be up on the usual noticeboards. I will be leading the first of these myself, starting tonight. Those of you who will be on, meet me in my classroom at nine. Equipment will be provided. Good day to you all, and may Zuto Nui preserve us."

OOC: So the Daikura are back. Any young Menti characters or Daikura should feel free to jump in on this first squad, and to any trouble-makers who feel like coming near - watch out.

ppg2.png

IC (Ambush NPCs)

The archers, further down the street along which the Guard now marched, fell back as their cover was scattered by Mindarms, buying Shivada and her comrades a little time. With the air free of arrows for the time being, the seven soldiers drove the rear of the rioters' squad back into the alley, pressing the squad together. In attempting a pincer movement, they had now been caught in one as they faced Hogo on one front and Guard on the other.

-

The ringleader of that squad (the one remaining uninjured Menti), meanwhile, had just been shot at by Kamari. This time, the arrow flew straight and true, straight towards the Menti as she slashed and parried at another Hogo—

—only to be intercepted, bouncing and snapping in two, off a Hau-generated shield. The other Menti, now standing but still clutching her arrow-pierced shoulder, glared defiantly at Kamari from behind her force-field. The Menti could see that her quiver was empty.

'Tani!' she called over her shoulder to the other Menti in the squad. 'Get that little over there!'

Tani knocked her opponent's weapon away with a sword-blow and delivered a swift kick to the jaw, knocking the Hogo out, before turning to look where her comrade was pointing. She gave the injured Menti a grim nod.

Activating her mask (a Miru) she leapt several metres into the air, landing in a crouch in front of Kamari. The Menti's crystal blade slashed towards her.

-

Not far away, Akone's slash hit home and a Dashi's club fell from her hand as she clutched her slit-open stomach. This bought her little respite, however, as although the Guard had blunted the assault of the Menti-led squad, the rioters from the barricades had already rounded the corner and were charging towards them. Several of them carried spears, held horizontally, which they thrust at Kaede and Akone.

-

The Ringti screamed as she was hurled bodily from the window. She barely avoided being skewered by a fellow rioter's spear, landing with a shriek of pain as shards of glass showered around, eliciting cries of surprise from the advancing Dashi. She hauled herself up on one arm, the other limp and painful to touch, whimpering.

IC (Kilanya)

The Toroshu had drawn the wooden stool over to the side of Nachi's bed, and she now sat there at the motionless Dasaka's side.

'How did she come to be like this?' she asked Gysha quietly and concernedly.

'As far as we know, ma'am, it was the Chaotic Six that did it to her,' the healer replied sadly. 'Nihi said they hit her with some sort of gas, on the night they escaped...I don't really know what happened, but ever since, she's been...'

'...empty...' Kilanya finished for her faintly, withdrawing her fingers from Nachi's temples as she withdrew her mind from hers. 'So...empty...'

The Toroshu was visibly shocked. She stared at Nachi's blank eyes and slack face.

She looked up at Gysha.

'Is there nothing that can be done for her?'

'We do all we can,' Gysha replied. 'We house her, feed her, keep her comfortable.'

'Have you not had a Willhammer examine her?' she asked.

The Dashi shrugged.

'A mind-doctor visited her, but she said there was nothing she could do, even if Nihi could afford her services,' she explained. 'We cannot pay for such things ourselves—the money we get from our patients' families covers our wages and the costs of caring for them, nothing more. As for poor Nihi...I think she barely earns enough to keep Nachi here as it is.'

She shook her head sadly at the prone Menti.

'Now that Nihi is gone...'

'Gone?' Kilanya asked sharply. 'What do you mean?'

'She left yesterday,' the healer replied. 'On the new expedition to that foreign land, Mata Nui. With her sister gone, I don't know what we can do for Nachi now...'

Silence sat in the room, save for the whistle of breath between Nachi's limp lips. Kilanya broke it.

'I will take her.'

IC Kaede

This was troubling. The spear had an inherent advantage over the sword due to the reach advantage and (in this case, seeing as the spears weren't absolutely ginormous) their light weight. Any disadvantage from handling such a long pole was mitigated by the fact that there were more than two coming at them. To make matters worse, Kaede's proficiency in battling polearms needed quite a bit of work.

So, Kaede boflught herself some time. As the Dashi thrusted their spears, Kaede leaped backward, and assumed a chudan (sword hilt at waist, tip pointing upwards) position for better guarding.

IC: (Dastana Shivada)

The guards pushed forward. Naginata in hand, five, Shivada included, stormed the alleyway, two stood guard on the alley's end, to prevent rioters taking them from behind. Those luckless insurgents in the alley were trapped between Hogo and Guard forces. While her allies, she saw, were distracted by the emergence of new rioters armed with spears, the guard pushed forward to kill the last cornered rebels. Shivada was in front, clashing her blade with that of another Menti's.

IC: (Iolatra Angavur/Greywood Longhouse, Odaiba)

The Mukau stew was quite unappetizing this moment, this time. Trouble had taken Iolatra's hunger to the sidelines. She was in her compact study, in the clan longhouse. By the light from her quartz window, she viewed the reports in front of her with mix of sadness and alarm. They were old reports of the Rora's demise, and more current reports of rioting in the capitol. The realm was going to war, and it was all too likely the Taajar would be caught in the middle of it. While her cousin was off playing diplomat, she was left to deal with their clan.

She loved Sena dearly, but now wasn't the best time to be around the Rora and her clan.

She absently took a bite of the stew, lukewarm from neglect. Her mind dwelled on the thought of war. It was rare that the Taajar were involved in these ###### Imperial clan wars. It had been a blessing, she thought, that the Rora called them to fight so rarely, The last conflict the participated in was the Fursic rebellion during her grandmother's reign. This one, she feared, would be the largest in millennia. She could only pray it would affect them little. 

Ic:

"Maybe the murderer is attacking willhammers just because of their powers?" Harume suggested, "if so, what's the pattern? If out of all the willhammers in the island why-"

Harume froze suddenly, as a thought struck her. She had read it prior, but it wasn't until now that she finally realized the pattern.

"The Menti had just graduated... The clerk had just gotten a favorable post... And Herupa jiyu... The killer is hunting willhammers who are making their wishes come true," Harume stated, "it's probably just a hunch- we don't know until jiyu wakes up... But it seems like that's too much of a coincidence, right?"

IC: Kamari of clan Hogo, coliseum district ambush

Obviously, it was not Kamari's day.  As her arrow glanced harmlessly across the hau generated shield of the opposing menti, Kamari realized how dire the situation truly was.  Her speed and training were the only things that saved her from Tani's sword cut, having drawn her own falcata with her right hand to parry just in time.  Her blade was thicker and took the force easily, and Tani's sword ground down along its width until with a shove Kamari was able to disengage from her opponent.   Her injured leg burned from the strain, but for now held true.  How long it would last Kamari couldn't say.  What she needed was a distraction and a way of keeping the menti back long enough to pull a couple arrows out of corpses further down the road. 

"Akone!" Kamari yelled over the crashing of battle.  "Akone I need your reach!"

Bow in her left hand, sword in her right, she crouched below a wide slash aimed for her head, then moved forward to incapacitate.  As Tani's sword passed beyond Kamari's left the Hogo guardswoman thrust upward, attempting to disembowel her attacker while seeking a way to retreat.  With luck she and the few remaining Hogo engaging the ambushers could meet up with the royal guard.  

Then the explosions dropped, Higashi's tactic raining from above.  Any remaining form of order fell to chaos with the introduction of the fiery substance splashing out from the crashing bottles.
Edited by Kughii

IC: Libro - Coliseum District

"Stop it!"

Libro's voice could hardly be heard over the sound of weapons clashing and shouting, "Please! Every-"

One of the glass explosives went off near her, causing her to instinctively shield her face. She stepped back away, once more yelling indiscriminately, "Stop fighting!"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC Hogo Glendalla - Arohi School of the Mind, Sado:

Glendalla listened to Toroshu Ihi's speech to the students with undivided attention. While she was not a member of either of the clans most embroiled in the conflict, as a Hogo, it would be her duty to protect the Rora.

Until I finish my learning and become a guard, I'll just have to do my best to protect the students. It'll be good practice for the future, she thought to herself.

Once the Daikura had finished her speech and the crowd of students moved to depart, Glendalla wasted no time. Rather than make her way through the crowds and fight to reach the notice boards, her mask glowed and she soared into the air. A quick jaunt and she was in front of one of the main notice boards. Other students were taking the time to look at their patrol schedules, but she paid them no heed. Scanning the list for her name, it turned out that she was part of the first watch. At least I'll get to show off my skill soon. Looks like my classes aren't for a while either.

Wandering away from the notice board, she wondered what she could do until her next class. It didn't take long for the usual response to come to her head. Time for some training!

Arriving at the training grounds, Glendalla set up a training dummy and moved to a ready position. She started to reach for her katana, but then thought better. "Might as well try the soulsword again," she muttered to herself. She closed her eyes and focused on her breathing, the rhythm of her pulse, The ground beneath her feet.

"To manifest a soulsword, is to turn one's own will into a tool to achieve one's goals," she recited. "Calm your mind, focus your will through your hand, and feed your psionic energy to it." As she spoke, she gathered her willpower in her head and reached her hand down to the opposite side of her waist from where her katana was sheathed. Focus your will through your hand. My will is a blade that protects not only myself, but the royal family, my clan, and my fellow dasaka. I am of clan Hogo. I am a mook guard. My will is my blade. Come forth!

From her waist, she drew her hand forward, a blade of emerald energy emerging from the air, drawn from an invisible sheathe of nothingness. She could feel the energy crackling in the air, but waited until her soulsword was fully drawn before opening her eyes. Upon looking at her sword and how much the energy was crackling and writhing, she glared at it until it had refined itself into a copy of her crystal katana.

My will appears to be very unoriginal, she observed. I already have a sword like this. At least it's something that I can use. Now let's see how sharp my mind is.

She held her sword in a ready stance, pointed at the training dummy. "Better start start with something basic, a simple diagonal slash. Nothing can go wrong," she said to herself. She lifted her sword in preparation.

'chirp chirp.'

What was that?

'chirp chirp.'

She glanced up to see a pair of birds in a tree near her practice ground making quite a racket. No matter, she thought. Don't get distracted. Bring the sword down, slash the dummy.

'CHIRP!'

Too focused on her swing, the sudden loud chirp surprised Glendalla. Her concentration broken, she could only let out a short "ack!" as her soulsword lost it's stability. What impacted against the training dummy was less awesome bladed willpower and more crazy ramblings of a distracted brain. The energy will too blunt and merely smacked into the dummy, leaving little behind but a char mark on the dummy's side as the energy completely dissipated.

"Karzing birds!" she growled in frustration. She kneeled down, catching her breath. Every failed attempt to manifest her soulsword exhausted her reserves. She let out a sigh. Every time, there was a bird, or an announcement, or a passing conversation, or something that took her mind off the moment. Especially in times like these, she couldn't afford to block out the world. Enemies could be anywhere.

One day though, I'll make this thing work. One day.

OOC: Glendalla open for interaction at the school of the mind.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

OOC: Dear oh dear. Pay a little attention to the details, people :P

IC (Ambush NPCs)

There were no fiery explosions as the bottles hit the ground. The glass shattered, and the liquid splashed harmlessly onto the pavings.

It would probably have helped if Higashi had lit the fuses first.

The smashing bottles, however, were immediately noticed by the rioters, and it didn't take long for one of them to spot the Menti in the window above!

'Up there! Get her!'

Half a dozen arrows were loosed towards Higashi.

-

Tani was not as inexperienced a swordswoman as Kamari had hoped. Her slash had not been wild, nor had she been counting on it hitting, and her follow-through quickly became a parry to redirect the Dasaka's thrust. Having brought Kamari's sword down to the right with her own with both hands, she swiftly removed her left hand from the hilt and swung it back in a vicious backhand strike towards her opponent's face.

IC: (Kyoshi Ryouja)

The pitter patter of swift footsteps quietly followed Ryouja's march as she sped at incalculable levels from rooftop to rooftop, zeroing in on her target with more accuracy and deadliness than any sniper could. Unseen from a rooftop above them, she looked down upon Higashi's attackers, then up at Higashi herself. Now was the time to take action; any murder in the name of revolution was a murder worth committing. In mere seconds, she had run from the rooftop to a lower rooftop, and so on, until she reached the ground. From there, it was no time at all before she climbed the building, making her way up the wall and into the window in a blur. She had to stop for a second as a table flew over her head, but she was immediately back to work, leaping into the room where Higashi was fending off attackers. She flashed around the room until she stood behind the guard, who seemed to be throwing things at the rebels below.

SHRRRING!

Ryouja unsheathed her sword, aiming the tip at the back of Higashi's neck. "Stand down, and your judgment will be merciful," she said the words with a latent burning passion, a sort of low growl that stacked weight behind each syllable pronounced. The message was clear: Ryouja meant business.

Edited by badabababa obesity

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

The ascent had been quiet, but the silence had been friendly, if not amicable. It had held an air of curiosity and enthusiasm, excitement tempered by a little anxiety. The descent was also silent; but not in nearly the same way. The messenger that had come to fetch them, quite winded by their rapid climb, had not elaborated on the situation, but what little they had said was enough to give the return a note of tension.

A note that was from from lost on Eiyu Kagesu. Their little group had bonded, even if just to a minor extent, but it seemed their return threatened even their continued amicability. An Ageru, a Fursic, and an Eiyu. One a member of the clan that, historically, supported the Umbralines, one a member of their most frequent challenger, and the other a part of traditional neutrality. The messenger had only said that conflict was brewing, but with the death of the Rora... The Eiyu Menti declined comment, in fact declined to speak at all for most of their return, but as they neared the boundary of Ageru lands... It was uncertain if she would be permitted to cross through their home, even if just to return to her own, so it was best to say what she wanted now.

"Enali," The Menti's words were louder than normal, to get the young Ageru's attention, though the term was relative. Her words were always quiet, after all. "By the sound of it, the world won't be peaceful when we arrive. The last time tensions ran this high, war broke out. It may already have started. We wouldn't have been called back if things were not bad already."

"So, if you'll permit it, I have a little advice." Before we're forced to separate. She added to herself, though the words went unsaid. "When clans fight, it isn't clear cut. It isn't objective. And if it doesn't stop, it will get ugly. Blind obedience will not stop this, nor is it wise."

"Hang onto who you are, and what you believe."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Dastana Shivada/Alleyway)

The Guard pressed forward, cutting down the trapped rioters. Shivada saw one, a Menti, assail Kamari. Surging forward, she let her fellow guards deal with the dwindling number of other militants, and pressed to save the Hogo. While the rebel had her back turned in attack, Shivada thrust the blade of her Naginata towards the Menti's neck.

• Upvote 1

OOC:  KNI, glad to see you join the fight!  However, I was under the opinion the naginata and spear fighting was not up in the building where Higashi was but down in the street below.  If I'm incorrect please let me know. :)

Also, Ghosthands, earlier when the wounded menti pointed out Kamari to Tani how did she see the Hogo?  I had written Kamari was under the disguise of her huna, but perhaps the blood had given away her location?  As such, are Hunas deactivated once a PC goes to attack or do they stay invisible throughout the time if they're concentrating?

IC: Kamari of clan Hogo, Coliseum district Ambush

Kamari stood with her wounded leg, the left, forming the back of her stance.  Her falcata was in a bind on the same side, grinding against Tani's weapon.  As such, Kamari's right arm was extended across her body in an arc, having been turned from a low guard to a high from Tani's parry made slash.  Tani pulled her power hand away from her hilt to backhand Kamari.  The Hogo guardswoman pressed the advantage and stepped into the strike, letting the fingers smash into the crystal gorget around her neck instead of hitting her face proper.  Tani was now at a disadvantage, despite the minute ringing in Kamari's audio-receptors.  Her left had was in the open, away from her hilt and so all her training in the menti yards became null and void, the sword being a two handed weapon where direction came from the right and power from the left.  There were few things for the rebel to do, save jump back, when Kamari thrust her elbow forward toward Tani's chin, the act pushing both swords wide of the menti.  Kamari was far too close for comfort and the instant she could she'd slink away to regroup with one of her Hogo clansisters.

OOC:  Technical descriptions are technical.  I hope it isn't too boggy.

"Assuming that 'judgement' means death yeah?" said Higashi bemusedly. "And ya expecting me to surrender?"

Her soulsword materialised. In an instant, but the fist punched the outstretched blade away from a neck. She swirled around, refusing to let her newest opponent to recover. Her right foot slammed against the floor, thrusting one of the floorboards upwards at Ryouja's legs.

IC:

"Hopefully it won't be." The Eiyu warrior replied, forcing something approximating a smile; but her voice lacked a certain resolution to it, a certain confidence. Kagesu knew her history, and she knew it well. Clan wars were vicious and if the Eiyu were forced to fight, she didn't particularly like her own odds. Perhaps it was anxiety talking, but she knew she was physically weaker than most of her peers. Masuyo usually made up for her shortcomings, but she hadn't seen, or heard, from her other half in days.

"Maybe we will get lucky. Perhaps it isn't as bad as we fear."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Herupa Jiyu's younger sister just left this morning..." Harume mused, biting her lip, "So that leaves... His twin sister. Who works for the Vilda. You two care to say hi to them?"

-

MEANWHILE, IN THE FUTURE.

The half-blind giant passively watched the battle unfolding in front of him. He stood out of "firing distance" of the fight, although he kept his eyes open to anyone who decided that he would be an easy target for whatever reason.

This is stupid, He thought to himself, This entire situation was preventable. Everything was preventable.

So he continued to watch, frustration boiling within him. The change that he always had thought about was finally happening. Except it was all completely wrong. Everything was always wrong.

IC Hogo Glendalla - Arohi School of the Mind, Sado:

OOC: Glendalla open for interaction at the school of the mind.

IC (Dastana Tapui, Arohi School of the Mind): Tapui walked out of the weights room feeling oddly slow and heavy. Even though her training duel with Sokuratesu had barely lasted a minute, both of them moving a kakama speed had allowed them to pack in what would normally have been an hour's work. Moving, striking and reacting at such speed, as well as the struggle of their mental battle had been a welcome distraction, taking her mind off things, at least for a while. If only it had really lasted for as long as it had seemed to them.

Tapui's clan was neck-deep in conflict with the most powerful clan in the archipelego, putting not only her future but her very life at risk. Perhaps Toroshu Ihi's new security measures would be enough to protect her while she remained here in training, not yet a full Menti, but then, perhaps not. The Daikura were still worried enough about the possibility of attacks on students to take the measures in the first place.

And that led to the question of whether she should even be here. Yes, she had ties the the school here and good friends across many clans, and they might well hold the keys to her future as the Toroshu had said. Still, that was all very easy for her to say. Ihi had a responsibility to the school but none to any flesh-and-blood family away from Sado. She wasn't being torn between two conflicting loyalties. For Tapui, maybe the right thing to do was to leave, to abandon her training and go to help her clan in whatever ways she could. She was a fairly proficient Willhammer, after all, even though she hadn't yet achieved mastery of the discipline.

These heavy thoughts weighted her down, adding to the sense of solidity from her kakama-hangover. The young Dastana stomped slowly down the hallway, not really paying attention to her surroundings. In the distance, she could hear the throng of students still crowding around the noticeboards and learning of their new timetables and guard assignments. Had the assembly really only finished a couple of minutes ago? Kakama-binging really screwed with her sense of time some days. Maybe she should stop. Or maybe, she should continue. It made it easier to forget that she would be on first patrol tongight, maybe meeting some of her own clan-members and being forced to betray either them or her friend, teachers, and future as a Menti.

She took a few random turns, and ended up in another training room. It took her a few moments to recognise that the room was even occupied. There was a navy-armoured Dasaka sitting slumped against one wall, looking troubled. Maybe they could both use some company.

"Hey" she said gently, sitting down next to the other student. 'What's on your mind?"

ppg2.png