Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago


  • Please log in to reply
2390 replies to this topic

#2361 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,658 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 08:46 PM

*snip*

IC, Kiria: Hashi exited the room. quietly, where she found her fellow Menti and partner, Kiria, waiting by the door, hands folded in front of her. She loved very calm, almost regal- she was well-toned and pretty, and had piercing green eyes that spoke of intelligence.

"The Toroshu says to get ready- we're heading out," Hashi said to Kiria. Kiria nodded.

"What else did she say, Hashi?" asked Kiria, knowing that one simple statement wouldn't have taken that much time.

"She said that... she hopes that we don't need to pick a side."

Kiria again nodded in understanding. "Right. Our clan has always been neutral. Unless we're attacked, which is unlikely, we don't need to pick a side." She smiled at her partner. "Don't worry, Hashi- order will be restored soon, and we'll be at peace once again." Kiria looked to the door and waited for Toroshu Nihonei to come out and give the word.


  • 0

Tywin Lannister

 

185px-Tywin_Lannister.jpg

 
 
 

Does not approve of your shenanigans


#2362 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 10:15 PM

IC: Amaki

 

The sunlight hurt.

 

Amaki yawned as she sat on a bench in the market.

 

OOC: Open for interaction.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2363 Offline Mr. House

Mr. House
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

  • 2,951 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 10:44 PM

IC: (Dastana Shivada/Sado, Streets, The Alleyway)

 

The Imperial Guard rushed forward, to push the rioters from the Hogo and break on through to the street. Shivada took the lead, bringing her blade down upon a club-armed Dashi. Her mind had numbed, very slightly, to the pain of fighting her treasonous Clanswomen. More numb it became with each slice of the blade.

 

"Push, Hogo, join us to cast them into the streets!"


Edited by Mr. House, Sep 15 2014 - 10:45 PM.

  • 0
"But autocracy? Firm control in the hands of a technological and economic visionary? Yes, that Vegas shall have." -Robert House

 

BZPRPG 2014 Profiles

Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Larikon Torchbearer-Jorruk YokinMons Shajs-Senavysh Angavur-Vulunos-Shivada-Sukot urn Voyuk-Arvun-Iolatra-Mahane

The Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an- Want zombies? Want to play a religiously fanatical maniac? Well if so, join the BZPRPG's premier cult!

Want a clan of horse-riding Bio-Nomads? PM me to get your Taajar clan approved!  

 

 


#2364 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 15 2014 - 10:50 PM

IC: Higashi

 

Her side was pushing forwards. Good.

 

Higashi peeked out the window. No arrows coming her way just yet.

 

She moved back behind the wall. Was she going to jump in and engage? Or was she just gonna stay here?

 

Choices, choices ...


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2365 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

  • 11,727 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2014 - 07:17 PM

IC:

 

As Hashi exited, the Toroshu she left behind rose grimly from her seat. Carefully, she picked two messages up from the desk; they were identical in every way, duplicated to ensure their arrival. Carefully prepared instructions for her clan, orders to prepare to defend themselves. Nihonei knew their necessity, and yet, she hesitated. Her predecessor had been the last to give such instructions, at the dawn of the last Fursic rebellion. The Eiyu were slow to arms, but the last time they had marched to war, she had inherited responsibility for the results.

 

After a moment’s more thought, she set them back down, slipping them into a drawer in the desk and engaging the lock. She would not send them until she had ascertained the situation for herself. Stepping away from the desk, she fastened her weapons around her waist, for the first time in many months out of necessity, rather than formality. Pivoting in place, she crossed the room and exited in a few steps.

“Hashi, Kiria, we’re going out.”


  • 0

Posted Image




Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)


#2366 Offline Toa Xemnas of Crystal

Toa Xemnas of Crystal
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,658 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 17 2014 - 07:53 PM

IC, Kiria: Kiria nodded and did a small bow. Hashi did the same. "Yes, milday," both said at the same time. Kiria started off after the Toroshu, with Hashi following close behind. Kiria wondered how Nihonei would respond to the riots, and if the Clan would end up picking a side. The last time that happened, things had not been good...


  • 0

Tywin Lannister

 

185px-Tywin_Lannister.jpg

 
 
 

Does not approve of your shenanigans


#2367 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 03:49 AM

IC (Vilda Tara): It was all too much. Sado was poised to snap like a thin branch where too many piwai had built their nests. When it finally cracked, she knew, the birds' eggs would be scattered on the ground and the streets would be bathed in blood. Her own clan was already in the thick of the fighting, though war had not officially been declared, and she needed to get off the island and get away from it all. The Dashi was no warrior, and war was looking more and more likely by the day. When it came, she wanted to be far away.

 

It wasn't that she was a coward. No, the wildlife ranger was familiar with risk. She confronted the dangers of the wild every time she left civilisation behind for the wild places, and often went on her own. War, on the other hand, was a different matter entirely. In the bush, she could trust in her instincts and years of experience to keep her safe from wild animals and treacherous terrain. She weighted the risks and accepted them, or else found a way around. She could control the risks she took, but not in war. That was entirely beyond her control. War was chaotic and indiscriminate, killing even the most prepared warrior along with green recruits and non-combatants alike. That unpredictability made it terrifying. It was a dragon that killed not for food or to defend its territory but simply because that was what it did. War was killing and destruction where no clans won, but some lost more desperately than others. She needed to leave Sado before she too was caught in its jaws.

 

She pulled the top of her pack tight, callused hands working quickly with the familiar strings as she tied it up and slung it over her shoulders. That was it; she was packed. With a last look back around her room in the imperial gardens, she turned and walked out the door, leaving it to close itself behind her. It was time to go. She had plenty of leave time stored up for the past few years. She didn't take a lot of holidays because in truth a lot of her trips out to Oki and Odaiba were like holidays in themselves. Now, she was able to take several months off and just disappear. She would return when either all of the political tensions had blown over or when full war was declared and she could return to Oki to help them how she could. Until that happened, she would try to find herself some peace out among the trees, birds and lizards, under the stars and the open sky. There was only the matter of where she would go first.

 

Odaiba, she decided. There were a few places there she would like to visit, and she knew that the huts around the lower slopes of Koshiki had recently been stocked with provisions. From there, she could always move on to somewhere else, but if she was going to be on the mountain then... why not have a crack at the peak? The area around the crater wasn't very hospitable, but the summit had been achieved many times by various groups and individuals throughout history. There wouldn't be too much snow on the peak at this time of year, and she could certainly use a bit of challenge and adventure. The more she thought about it, the more she like the idea.

 

There was just one snag. She knew most of the bush in the archipelago like the back of her mask, and was confident in her ability to navigate it successfully, even gathering from it everything she needed to survive if necessary. But to attempt the mountain, she would be reckless and stupid to go alone. She would need a partner, someone to watch her back while she watched theirs, and to hep each pother in a crisis. Mountains were treacherous places where conditions could change with frightening speed. She knew this, weighed the risk and decided against going alone. Maybe she could do it alone. Probably even. But she wasn't willing to find out.

 

The question was, who was she going to take? It froze her half in and half out of the doorway onto the streets of the imperial palace.

 

 

OOC: Tara open for interaction! Does anyone want to come along and climb Koshiki? You never know what we might find up there, or at least, our characters don't. ;)


  • 0

#2368 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 04:05 AM

IC: Amaki

 

Deep in thought, the Fursic drummer accidentally bumped into Tara as she strolled along the streets of the palace.

 

OOC: Interaction request granted. Apologies for lacklustre post.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2369 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 06:32 PM

IC (Tara): It seemed that Tara wasn't the only one lost in her thoughts and not paying attention to the world around her. She was jolted out of her ponderings by a rather long pair of legs bumping into her mask and knocking her down onto the floor. Looking up, she saw the being attached to those legs was a Dasaka she recognised. She had often encountered the musician playing on the streets of Sado. She seemed like a decent person, in spite fo her clan's reputation.

 

"Amaki" she greeted the Fursic. "How are you?


  • 0

#2370 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 08:27 PM

IC: Amaki

 

Amaki scooted back in embarrassment: mostly due to the fact that she had bumped into someone, but also out of the shame of having been caught walking around with her head in the clouds. She really hoped that Tara didn't take any offense. The Fursic was definitely not wanting any trouble.

 

"I apologise," she said, schooling her expression and giving her acquaintance a deep bow. "I wasn't intending to bump into you."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2371 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 08:42 PM

IC (Tara): "It's OK" the Dashi assured her. "I wasn't looking where I was going either, and I landed on my pack."

 

"Actually, I was just leaving, to take a bit of a holiday from Sado. I'll head for Odaiba and the forests around Koshiki. If I get the chance and a good day for it, I'd like to take a shot at climbing to the peak, but I can only do that if I get a climbing partner, for safety. Would you know anyone who might be up for that?"


  • 0

#2372 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 08:48 PM

IC: Amaki

 

"Ah," said Amaki, her eyes lighting up. "If you want, I could join you?"

 

She needed to take some time off, anyway.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2373 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 08:50 PM

IC (Tara): "Sure, when can you leave?"


  • 0

#2374 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 08:55 PM

IC: Amaki

 

"I'll need to get my things first, and I'll be ready."

 

She paused.

 

"Do you want to meet up at Odaiba?"

 

It would be easier than her going home to Kozu and returning to Sado to meet up with Tara.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2375 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 11:38 PM

IC (Tara): "How about I meet you at the first hut along the Tahurangi trail? You go in from Tarakona castle, and the start of the track is pretty well signposted. If not, someone there can point you in the right direction. It won't be too difficult to get there by the end of today, and then we can stay there until conditions are right for a shot at the peak."


  • 0

#2376 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 18 2014 - 11:43 PM

IC: Amaki

 

Amaki nodded. While she was somewhat unfamiliar with the locations stated, it wouldn't be too hard to find them.

 

"Alright."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2377 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2014 - 05:30 AM

IC (Tara): "Great, see you at the hut at sunset then". That was problem solved, she had her climbing partner, and a strong Dasaka as well. It might be good to have one of the stronger species around if things went badly.

 

She turned back inside to check over her gear again and adapt it for a two-person venture. It didn't take long, and soon she was off, walking sticj in hand and whistling to herself as she crossed over the bridge to Odaiba.


  • 0

#2378 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2014 - 06:04 AM

IC: Amaki

 

Making her way back to Kozu didn't take too long for Amaki. Nor did she stay too long. It was remarkably simple, searching around her house (none of her siblings were around to disturb her) for the necessary equipment and other things that she would need for the hike. A lot of her gear was a bit dusty, true, but a quick brushing solved the problem.

 

The sun had not begun to set by the time she had jumped on the ferry to Odaiba.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2379 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2014 - 09:43 PM

IC (Tara): It was a grey and overcast day on Odaiba, with banks of mist hanging down like wet tendrils of moss from the solid mass of grey cloud the covered the volcano's peak. Tara took one last look up at the summit before crossing the line between cultivated fields and untamed bush. The road ended and became a narrow path under the tall trees, dangling long trails of moss from their branches. Water dripped off of these, creating small puddles among the roots. The occasional sound of a drop falling added extra beats into the steady rhythm of her feet and walking stick on the leaf-strewn ground. The mist muffled all other sounds, and in the stillness only brief flickers of movement informed her of the movements of a few small animals she disturbed along the path. It was an old place, and solemn, but not hostile.

 

Tara carried on up the increasing slope, her legs carrying her at a steady and enduring pace that she could keep up all day. The path would lead her up the valley and then out onto a ridge.


  • 0

#2380 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2014 - 10:00 PM

IC: Amaki

 

Tarakona Castle. While not a Daikura by any means, Amaki still looked upon the fortification with a sense of wonder and excitement. Here was where the Kanohi Dragon (in capitals), scourge of Odaiba and a constant threat to the Empire, had been slain in combat, finally bringing peace to the inhabitants. Of course, that was if she subscribed to the legend, but she didn't really know if she did or not. It was possible that there was a grain of truth, but it seemed so incredulous that the Daikura ancestor could have done such a thing.

 

She shook her head, clearing her mind of other thoughts. There was no time of lollygagging. As Tara had told her, there were definitely some signposts along the trail. Amaki didn't need to enter the castle to ask for directions when they were provided right in front of her. From her spot, she could see the road grow narrower and narrower as it snaked into the jungles. If she got hurt somewhere on the climb, it'd be incredibly difficult to get help.

 

But the risk was minor. With a deep breath, the drummer made her first steps into the hike.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2381 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,452 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 19 2014 - 10:23 PM

IC: Akone

Akone charged through the rebels and came to the street proper.

"Wheres Higashi, or everyone?"

Edited by Norik Of Celtania, Sep 19 2014 - 10:29 PM.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#2382 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2014 - 12:15 AM

IC (Tara): By the time Tara reached the head of the valley, the fog was beginning to lift. The peak was still covered, but she could see out over the valleys to her left and right. They were still filled by rivers of cloud running down the mountain, but up above her, maybe a couple of kio away and about that distance from the treeline, she could catch sight of the flattened area where she knew the hut to be.

 

The sun was coming down now, almost level with where she was on the mountain, and shining through the gaps appearing in the mist. Around her, the golden light on the dark greens and browns of the forest brought out all kinds of vibrant colours, and the foliage seemed to glow where the sun struck it. Tara stopped here for a couple of minutes to admire the scenery before turning back into the trees and proceeding up the last, steep slope to the hut.


  • 0

#2383 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2014 - 01:06 AM

IC: Amaki

 

Amaki discovered that she really didn't like mud.

 

Earlier on the hike, the young Fursic drummer had fallen into a muddy puddle, something that took her several minutes to escape from. Now, she was covered in the gunk, incredibly annoyed, and freezing cold. Still, her misfortunes were probably going to end soon. She'd been walking for a while, and her gut told her that there was really only the steep climb ahead of her that separated her from the hut where she was to meet Tara.

 

"Better get this done," she muttered, taking agonising steps up.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2384 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2014 - 07:56 AM

IC (Tara): By the time that dusk had settled over the mountain and Amaki finally arrived at the hut, she would find that it was already lit from within by a crackling fire in the hearth and filled with the smell of frying mushrooms. Earlier, when the Dashi had arrived at the hut and dumped her pack down on one of the crude bunks, she had only allowed herself a short time to enjoy having that weight lifted from her shoulders before she started about the practicalities of staying the night here.

 

First of all, that meant warmth. Even now in early autumn, the mountain could get deadly cold at night, and second, that meant food. The pair would be needing a lot of fuel for their bodies in the next few days, and doing so in the cold would require even more. A hearty meal wasn't just to lift the spirit's of climbers, it was every bit as necessary as warm blankets and shelter from the wind. Tara also had potatoes and dried meant heating in a billy of boiling water that hung over the fire. Lastly, it meant hydration and fluids. A lot of people underestimated the amounts of moisture they lost while tramping, but not the Vilda rangers. It would be impractical for anyone to carry enough water for a trip of more than a couple of days, so large tank collected rainwater from the hut's roof. A second billy held some of this life-giving liquid, boiling away so that they could make hot drinks, to be served in deliberately oversized mugs. Having prepared all of this, Tara was just sitting down with hers and taking a well-deserved rest when she heard a noise from outside the hut.


  • 0

#2385 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2014 - 08:01 AM

IC: Amaki

 

The door to the hut opened, revealing an exhausted-looking Dasaka. Her gaze swept across the room, before fixing upon Tara.

 

"Hey," said Amaki tiredly.


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2386 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 20 2014 - 04:12 PM

IC (Tara): "Hey" she replied. "You look absolutely haggard. Come in, sit down and get some food into you."


  • 0

#2387 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 01:56 AM

IC: Amaki

 

Amaki slowly pushed her pack of her back, placing it on the floor, before tiredly crossing the room to drop into a chair by Tara's side. She really needed to get out more, if the climb was that exhausting, but the mud might have had something to do with her current state.

 

"Thank you," she replied. "I appreciate it."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2388 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 03:56 AM

IC (Tara): "No problem" the Dashi shrugged as she started serving up plates of food for both of them. "By the way, what happened to you? You look like you fell halfway back down the mountain."


  • 0

#2389 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 04:03 AM

IC: Amaki

 

"Fell into a muddy puddle."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2390 Online The Lorax

The Lorax
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

  • 3,240 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 05:00 AM

IC (Tara): "Oh, is that all?" Tara teased. "You really need a better story. When you walk out of the forest covered in muck from head to toe and looking as tired as if you'd walked to the peak and back, you want something exciting like... you stumbled into a kanohi dragon's nest and had to fight your way out when the mother got home, or you were caught in a landslide, or you were tracking a really big boar through the densest bit of bush ever so you could bring it back here for dinner, but then it got away because of the landslide. If the best you can give is a muddy puddle, everyone will think that the mighty Dasaka warrior has gone soft."


  • 0

#2391 Online Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Usurper Makuta

  • 18,958 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 21 2014 - 05:03 AM

IC: Amaki

 

"Just pass over some food," grumbled Amaki. "Too tired for any other excuse right now."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users