BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

[sado, Arohi School of the Mind]

“Well, now she’s dead so I guess you--”

I stopped.  Something was different about Jiyu, something--oh.

“What in the name of Zataka’s left elbow happened to your eye?”

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Zyla / Sado Coastline

"With weather like this, hopefully we'll have a good harvest on Odaiba this year."

-Void

IC: Kaede

"Yeah."

"There was this one year where the rice crop didn't do so well and tasted a little weird, was there? The folks from Kyōshi were screaming something about 'acid rain' and all that." Kaede had started to reminisce on random events from the past.

“Who attacked you?”

Who would be stupid enough to do that?

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

OOC First Kentoku post. Open for interaction

IC Aurin, [open ocean]

Aurin tightened the haul line. There wasn't much someone of her class could do, but she could own a ship. 
A sailor, in a merchant clan. This was her ship, this was the Jaded Crystal.

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

“Well, uh, that’s new.”

I traced the ground with a toe.  “Good to know I’m not just anybody.”

I smiled at him and then instantly regretted it.  Jiyu was in pain, I could still feel it rolling off him.  It would be probably insensitive to say what I was about to say, but I’m not good at the whole brain to mouth filter thing that Mother’s so enamored of.  It’s not because I’m not conscious of it; it just feels wrong to deceive people as to what I’m thinking.

“You're probably going to think I’m a horrible person or something, but that sounds kind of--exciting?  Like something you’d read in book: mysterious figures rising from the dead to visit their wrath upon the living.  I can help you--not just because of that, I like you for more than your backstory--but I don’t really promise anything.  I’m not really good act deductive reasoning.”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC:

"Here you are, Toroshu." I stop easily, oriented with the door to the Chojo's quarters at a perfectly perpendicular angle to my path. A single pivot to my right places both it and the Plangori within my line of 'sight'. Though often I won't bother, I find that it makes people more comfortable if I behave as though I see them with my eyes, even though I could see them just as clearly with my back to them as facing them. It's one of my small concessions to societal norms.

I can discern the vague shapes of the Rora's guards, further up the chamber. They vigilantly stand to either side of her door, sending only a brief questioning thought towards me. I don't have to respond with words, not even the words of the mind. I merely have to think an idea, the sense of my own identity, towards them on the mental plane to satisfy their watchfulness. I don't mind the suspicion. Of all the people in this Empire, I respect those who guard the most. The Hogo, dedicated to keeping the peace, and the guards of nobility. Their purpose is the defense of another, and it requires them to be willing to lay down their life. That is the steel and will of those who deserve more respect than they are given. 

I know that my own charge is, at this moment, in the Rora's chamber. His mind is there, I saw and felt him pass in the hallway on his path. I do not believe he will come to harm, not there. I am watchful nevertheless, for if he is indeed threatened then may Zuto Nui help any who stand in the way of my duty.

But I have allowed myself to digress.

"I believe the Chojo is inside. Doubtless she is already aware that we are here. Nevertheless..."

.:Lady Desdemona. I apologize for yet another intrusion from myself, but Toroshu Morie would like to speak with you, if you have the time.:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Invoking the twenty four hours rule to give a response that I forgot to give.

IC:

"Neither for leisure, nor requirement." The Toroshu sighed. "If it were leisurely, I would feel more relaxed. If it were required, I would know what I was looking for. I'm doing what I've always done, I suppose. The answers, the wisdom, I need I can't find in the present. So I look for it in the past, but it isn't likely to be found there, either."

"So I suppose, at the end of the day, it's to give myself the illusion that I'm making progress."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I cocked my head and looked at Jiyu sideways.  This was one of the times when I couldn’t read him, there was nothing I could catch except for the pain of his empty eye-socket.

“Did you actually see her die, though?”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"Yeah."

"There was this one year where the rice crop didn't do so well and tasted a little weird, was there? The folks from Kyōshi were screaming something about 'acid rain' and all that." Kaede had started to reminisce on random events from the past.

IC: Zyla / Sado Beach

"I remember that," the Dashi replied, nodding her head at the memory. "My employer burnt through about a sixth of our profit in cigarettes worrying how our bamboo and arbor crops would be affected."

Evidently, Zyla had been caught up in this reminiscing as well.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Ic: Since his formal retirement from the imperial household Inokio had seemingly led a simple life. He prided himself in his inconspicuous nature and didn't revel in high society. In that, he was an outcast; while his First Son peers immersed themselves in their political games and marriage proposals and his Menti fellows never stopped fighting in the common corners of the Yards, Inokio tended to disassociate himself from polity and only guest lectured at the schools, and he was happy with that.

It was a mystery why a man of his esteem and power hadn't turned into a soldier of fortune to stave off the doldrums. He clearly hadn't, not with his modest villa and daily agenda devoid of derring do. True, he did take tutoring the former crown princess, though he didn't feel Yumiwa or himself were the primary benefactors of that arrangement and that hardly counted as selling himself out. 

He wasn't sedate, though—his time in the Court had put him in the proximity of society's elite and showed him just how useless the majority of the nobility had become. There were the rare exceptions, but most Sons were devoid of purpose and most daughters were too caught up in their games to actually live. That was the key to Inokio's sanity. He did enough to be active, traveling about, training every day, practicing music and even sparring on occasion, but what he did made his life more complete. Living, he had decided, did not revolve around merely existing ceremonially as he had in Yusanora's service, and he was always improving himself. That was the unseen truth behind the legend. What people saw was a retired royal bodyguard who lived off a pension and a healthy fanaticism for homemaking skills. What Inokio saw was a living weapon still being honed bit by bit every day in preparation for the day he'd eventually see battle.

Life was full of challenges, so as Inokio stepper away from the Palace's soaring towers and back into his home turf in the Yards he couldn't help but allow himself a sliver of a smile in gratitude for the day's happenings. Meeting Rayuke had seemingly put him at odds with the royal official, but he used Rayuke as a whetstone. He'd learned a bit about what to expect in the near future. Things were moving much faster than Inokio expected—or was prepared for. As soon as he arrived home he penned a sonnet, signed it as "Atramentous," and hurriedly took it to the post. 

He was free for the rest of the day, at least until Rayuke caught up with him. 

Ooc: Inokio open for interaction in the yards.

Edited by EmpressYumiwa

IC:

Kulrik apologized to the librarian, promising to shut of the red light pouring out of the reading room as soon as possible. Apparently, it was disturbing to some of the other patrons of the Imperial Library. With a wave of his hand and more disrespect than he'd intended, the Vilda First Son motioned for the old Datsue to move along. Turning her back and walking off, she made a sharp clicking noise in disapproval.

The First Son looked around, seeing if anyone was paying too much attention to him and Seigyo and the red light.

In the back of his mind, however, wheels spun viciously. 

He saw a pair of Toroshu at a nearby desk. One he recognized as the Eiyu Toroshu, and the other was....Taajar perhaps? It didn't really matter. Kulrik thanked Zuto-Nui for his fortune, finding a learned Toroshu of a clan that was neutral in all the goings-on of the Empire.

"Toroshu Nihonei" Kulrik whispered as loudly as possible. "Over here!"

• Upvote 1

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Chiyo

"I see."

"Please excuse my directness, but that was all my mother wished to discuss with you today. Unless you have something to inquire of Plangori, in which case I will answer to the best of my ability. I dare not... Overstay my welcome." Chiyo knew that her statement may have been a little rude, but she wasn't one for small talk.

IC (Kilanya)

"Not at all," the Toroshu replied. "And at this time, I have nothing to ask of the Plangori."

Indeed, your questions have told me enough about where your mother stands...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Before Jiyu could answer, the Imperial Battlemaster strode in, looking every inch the polished sycophant that he was.

“Come on,” I said to Jiyu.  “Let’s go somewhere else.  Like the library.  I like the library.”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Ic:

He nodded, extending his hand to Shuuan. Inokio's precensce made him think of the Chojo Rora, and how much of a close-minded brat she was. It also made him think of Hana, and he wondered not for the first time what she was doing...

Jiyu couldn't claim to say he saw Eshiwa die... But he knew she was dead. After all, he -had- killed her. Of course, he'd never admit that out loud.

Once the duo had reached the library, he began to speak softly again.

"I can't say I saw her die... But I saw her body. It was dead."

IC:

.:What can I do for you, Vilda Kulrik?:. The Toroshu's tone was respectful and patient, but she made no efforts to move. Eyes previously focused on the Tajaar in front of her instead moved to the Vilda First Son, eyebrows arching faintly in a questioning look.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: (Senavysh Angavur)

Sena saw the newcomer before the Imperial Toroshu. It seemed to her he emerged from some back room. A bit of suspicion whirled in the back of her mind as he came towards them. She stood, as noble-looking as she could, and looked upon Kulrik with a neutral expression.  

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

"Harbor crops? Harbor... Arbor-ah, arbor. Heh. That must have been rough."

IC: Zyla / Sado Beach

"We managed to break even, had a decent profit too," the Dashi replied, smiling reassuringly. "A few customers complained of discolouration, but that was about it. Did you happen to buy any timber from us that year, if you don't mind me asking?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Kulrik glanced around the library again, looking for anyone with too much interest in him. Finding no one, he quickly walked away from the reading room door to the two Menti. He noticed that the Eiyu's companion was ill at ease,  failing to look the part of a noble. Her features and dress were also somewhat odd. The First Son realized with surprise that it must be a Tajaar - besides for himself, they were the last Dasaka he expected to see in the Library.

She was also pretty cute. Kulrik's lip began to curl in a smile as he thought of a witty comment, he'd never tested his charm against the barbarians of the Empire before. 

No, he reminded himself. Not now.

:Toroshu Eiyu: Kulrik said with a bow. He nodded to the Tajaar, unsure of her title. :Menti:

​:Toroshu Nihonei, I believe I've made  a discovery that must be handled... delicately. I confess I'm not much of an academic but I understand you are, and more importantly the Eiyu have remained neutral with everything going on in the Empire. This discovery is rooted in history and has the potential to cause a lot of bloodshed today, which I'd rather avoid. Your knowledge and help would go a long way. And maybe that of your friend as well, if you trust her?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

[sado, Imperial Library]

The Imperial Library was the perfect place for snooping, for hushed voices and dastardly plots.

“I’ve read about some poisons that can imitate death, do you think she could have taken that?”

I frowned.  “Of course, I have not idea why she’d want too, but considering that she was about as pleasant as a Kanohi dragon’s latrine maybe she didn’t need a reason.”

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

[sado, Imperial Library]

“Your Aunt died too?  What happened to her?”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

[sado, Imperial Library]

“Well,” I said, careful to keep my voice.  “I’d keep an eye on your sister, if I were you.  Sounds like something has it for your family.”

Before he could answer, both of us caught the soft but clear messages of idea-talk.  I grabbed Jiyu’s arm, and my face hurt from grinning.

“Come on, let’s crash someone’s party.”

Edited by Mel

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC:

Kulrik turned his head to find the source of the Ideatalk. Walking into the larger hall of the Imperial Library, almost comically, were a mismatched pair of Menti. One was a hulking a giant, Jiyu, and the one that had called his name. The other was a very, very ugly slouching woman.  Kulrik thought for a moment if this was all some sort of joke from the Great Spirits.

"If you'll excuse me a moment" the First Son told Toroshu Nihonei and the Tajaar.

Kulrik focused his attention on the enormous Herupa. 

:Hello, Herupa Jiyu. I'm afraid I don't quite understand why you have 'fine words' with, so if it would be much appreciated if you could enlighten me. My condolences on your loss, by the way. I've only recently heard:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"Enough of your condolences. I've had enough. I've had enough condolences, and I've had enough of you. Running around and making a  fool out of my sister," Jiyu snarled, his eye locking onto Kulrik's eyes. He let go of Shuuan, "You try to flirt with everyone, including my sister, you carry your family name about as if it means anything, and worst of all..."

He quickly strode across the room, raised his hand, and swung the back of it at Kulrik's head.

"... You're a piece of ."

IC:

Kulrik's eyes flared as he saw Jiyu rush towards him, already suspecting what might happen. His muscles tensed and he breathed deep, ready for that first strike...

Jiyu's hand flew at his face. It was through reflexes alone that the Vilda First Son raised his own arm in defence, catching his Herupa counterparts hand on his vambrace. The giant's strength was greater than he'd thought - even with the block, Kulrik slid back an inch and counted some bruising under the leather likely. He didn't let Jiyu take another shot.

Kulrik quickly jumped back two feet and his hand reached for his rapier. He left it sheathed, his hand resting on the hilt a threat. 

Over the course of his notorious 'career' Kulrik had been challenged to a number of duels, and it was not because of his societal position alone that he was still alive.

"That's quite the allegation, Herupa Jiyu, and not something I'd expect coming from someone so respected from your clan, much less your sister's kin. In fact, this petulant little outburst of yours could be very damaging to the Herupa's reputation. And that's all your clan has, isn't it? A reputation?" Kulrik's eyes narrowed. "Now, I'll think you agree this is hardly the place for schoolboy fight, and if thats what you want then we'll arrange for it, someplace and sometime else. If there's something else you want, say it already or leave. Some of us actually have important things to do, like saving the Empire."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"A reputation, and the first man to lead it- At least, until someone more suitable comes back," He retorted, his spear appearing in his hand.

"And I wholeheartedly disagree. Now is the perfect time, since unlike you, I see no point in saving that which is already broken."

He moved again, swinging the side of his soulspear, aiming to knock the sword from Kulrik's hand.