BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC: Viitkha

With nowhere to go, and her options somewhat limited by her current weight placement, Viitkha let the Menti's sweep kick connect with her own legs. Of course, it wasn't quite that simple, as she pushed off the ground as soon as Tama's attack struck. The resultant motion turned the sweep into a push, and so it was simple enough for the Blademaster to get a single foot beneath her, a half bio to the right of where she started.

Of course, Viitkha gave Tama no time to recover from the kick, as she shifted her hips and brought her glowing purple blade around in an attempt to strike at her legs, an area relatively unprotected by her shield.

IC: Ageru Tamachan (Mahuika Hall)

Tama was rising upwards as she saw the slash come at her from below and to the side. The Menti was at this point completely in the match, ready to fight or flee at a split-second's notice.

She couldn't go up, she was too far up to get a decent height to her jump, she couldn't go to the sides or back, that left only one direction...

Forward!

Her legs, still on the move from earlier, kicked off as Tama's hands shot out towards Viitkha's shoulders. The Blademaster would soon feel Tama's full body weight on her as the younger Menti vaulted over her to escape her blade.

Tama rolled once across the floor and got back to her feet, turning to face Viitkha with sword and shield back in their proper places.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Chiyo

"Okay," Chiyo replied as she got to her feet.

IC: Ichi and Ni

Ni: "I guess you're right. Even the richest of us will be facing stormy seas. Not to mention what will happen to the poor..."

Ichi couldn't believe that Ni just said something both calm and intelligent.

IC: Sora

It was a good day today.

Whoa, déjà vu.

Did déjà vu apply to your own thoughts though?

Still staring up at the sky, still twiddling the metaphorical thumbs, still not doing anything productive...

She thought of how her Company was doing without her. Normally she would have been running all over the island, leaving a trail of dust in her wake even as she worked probably harder than any of the "honest working" Dasaka of the Archipelago. But here she was, lounging around... Taking a break.

Koutarou, or whatever the current leader was calling him(her? She didn't know. For some reason, this Koutarou was both touchy about their name and their gender)self probably wouldn't approve of her lounging. Many of her teammates probably wouldn't either.

... Eh, she didn't care. Not like there was anything urgent to be doing.

She just hoped that one of those aforementioned try-hard teammates would try and disturb her relaxing. Let. Them. Try.

(Three uses of the word try in one paragraph. Sora really needed to expand her vocabulary).

IC: Vazaria. 

"Sora." Vazaria said in greeting, as she came up over the rise. Her rusty red cloak trailed in the grass, the hem stained brown by dust. Her jagged crystal cutlass hang in its scabbard from her side, and her cloak had no hood, leaving her scarred face free for all of the world to see. Except that, apart from Sora, there was no one around.

Vaza's voice was raspy, her tone accusatory, "What are you doing?"

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ah. There was trouble.

Her mask glowed and in a flash (well, more like a blur), Sora was standing up straight, hood raised over he head. She relaxed slightly when she recognized the figure, only to stiffen up again.

"Vazaria." She managed, uh... What was it, Ack. She couldn't remember. Something something about distribution of goods, something something.

Anyways.

"Resting. Enjoying the peace while it lasts, before my body ends up on an Umbraline spear. Or a Dastana one, depending on how things go. I got the supplies for my Company if you want to know." Not that the companies usually minded each other's business anyways. Oh well.

... Did she meet this person before? How did she know her name? Ack...

That grass she had been chewing on earlier had been just grass, right? Did she accidentally, um... No. No way that would have happened.

• Upvote 1

"Peace?" Vaza scoffed, "I didn't realise we were in the business of peace." She broke off, noticing the vacant, confused expression on Sora's face. "Are you... feeling alright?" There was definitely something wrong. No point discussing Company business if Sora was... Vaza wasn't even sure, to be honest. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Is there something that needs to be done?" Vaza repeated, "Yes, there is. Something. My Company has been idle for too long. We aren't the only ones, either. Just the only ones who have the guts to be vocal about it. The Coalition needs to make a statement, start making a name for itself again." She crossed her arms. "Think about it. The archipelago is on the verge of full-scale civil war; it's the perfect opportunity." 

That wasn't what Vaza really wanted, of course. The benefits to the Coalition were secondary. Bringing the empire to its knees was Vaza's true dream. 

Of course, if Sora was thinking straight, she'd probably know that. 

IC: (Naihi/Odaiba)

Again, the main body of the clan was setting up camp. Naihi sat in a hastily constructed flat-roofed building, looking over a selection of stone tablets. On them, in scrawled hexagonal script, was information collected by the Okrihnok infiltrators on the state of the Empire. 

These spies, the elite of the elite within the clan, were tasked with the job of finding the Imperials' weak points. They knew what was happening everywhere on the archipelago, and now Naihi knew as well.

There was unrest. The traces of rebellion had shown themselves already, but change on a far greater scale was stirring, the Menti could feel it. 

The minds of everyone around flowed together into a rich and colourful tapestry of thoughts, intentions and feelings. At a glance, the Jahagir could clearly see the common denominator. Unease. The fear of change. The fear of sameness. Fear.

Kathok

"Ready."

OOC: due to some confusion surrounding her mask, I'll be refraining from using it until I'm sure it's approved

"Right, right." Sora was starting to return to her senses. "Yes, I know about that, so what measures are we taking towards it? Do they need me to do anything specifically?" Nevertheless, she knew what Vazaria was talking about. Many Companies within the Coalition wee pushing for more active participation in the brewing tensions, some of the most warmongering ones even pushing for acts of terrorism off payroll. Currently the group as a whole was still standing neutral, still looking for the highest bidder. That would probably change soon though, as soon as the Companies decided who to work for... Probably the Dastana from the looks of it. Which would place them on the other side of the board from the Imperials. Sora nodded her head silently as she contemplated the circumstances.

IC: Ichi and Ni

Ni: "I guess you're right. Even the richest of us will be facing stormy seas. Not to mention what will happen to the poor..."

Ichi couldn't believe that Ni just said something both calm and intelligent.

IC:

Zyla raised an eyebrow, her suspicions having been confirmed.

"You're Saihoko as well?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"What measures are we taking... Are you listening to yourself?" Vaza hissed, "What's this we you're talking about? The Coalition is scattered, leaderless as it has always been. I know you're in good with the Ringti and Saihoko. You must have some information we can use." Her mind was working overtime trying to sway Sora to her idea. "If you can find a job for us, something too big for any one company to pull off on its own, it might force some of the more prominent companies to work together, bring a modicum of solidarity to the Coalition as a whole..."

She smiled, a sly, cold expression. "Of course, if you find a job matching these criteria that also involved ruining the imperials' plans, that would be a welcome bonus... for me." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Vaza stood there, leaning agaisnt a tree as she waited for Sora to come up with an adequate response. She was tired of waiting, everyone was. The Coalition needed to act. There was no better time than now. If Sora wasn't going to do something, then Vaza herself might. But she preferred not to have to go behind Sora's back.

She had enough dangerous enemies as it was...

IC:

Kulrik stepped off the docks with the rest of his party, moving past dozens of busy Dashi going about fulfilling orders, buying and selling and making a meagre living. It wasn't much, but compared to Dashi in the rest of the Empire, those on Iki were rich indeed. All thanks to their Dastana benefactors, of course. 

In the distance Kulrik could see the island's main marketplace, and further off the Dastana castle. 

He breathed in the air. It smelled of industrialization, of tons of crystal being mined from the depths. It was so unlike Kulrik's native Oki, even strange compared to Sado. The scent was much more... raw here.

No time for thinking about that stuff he reminded himself. We've got things to do.

"All right" he began loudly enough for everyone in the group to hear. "We've still got a few hours of sunlight so there's no reason to get to work.  I suggest we split up - why don't Toroshu Nihonei, Seigyo and Plangori Shuuan head up to the Dastana castle, arrange our lodgings and begin searching their libraries. Toroshu Senavysh and myself can go to the marketplace and begin asking around from for clues from the local Saihoko and Ringti.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Ichi

"Ah. Sounds important."

It is optimal to block an attack with an attack of your own.

And that Chiyo did, lunging forward herself, diverting Higashi's punches by making a circular motion with her arm even as she thrusted with her machete.

The tip is rounded. It shouldn't do that much damage if it connects.

Probably should have asked for a bokuto before this.

"Right. The Ringti and Saihoko in Dado are getting restless. Many of them want nothing to do with this 'mess', as they call it; a lot of them areoving to the countryside. Some of the more radical Dastana supporters are being flushed out after the recent riot; meanwhile, there are still quite a few that support the Imperials; mostly Umbralines and their allied clans. After the Hogo and the Imperial Guard put down that riot, there aren't that many that want to immediately take up arms again; give them some time though and things will boil over. I suspect that Sado will become the center of conflict, unless this turns into an outright land war, in which case the Imperials will most likely fortify. For now, though, it would be best, but also the riskiest to try to fan the flames of dissent in Sado itself."

Vaza's smile grew, her lips tugging at the burn scars on the side of her face. "Fanning the flames. An ironic choice of words," she tried to make it a joke, but memories of that night still crept forth from the depths of her mind. She shook it off quickly, her expression never changing. "Did you have anything specific in mind?" 

IC Hogo Glendalla- Arohi School of the Mind:

Glendalla awoke, still tired despite the sleep she had just been having. It was the same as it had been ever since her training session with Tapui. She glanced at her right hand, checking that the bandages were still secure. The worst of it was covered, but the burn marks continued a few inches down her wrist. The burns ached less today, which was an improvement, but she was still wary to remove the bandages.

Securing her blades to her waist, she made her way to class. Her progression in her training had been greatly hampered by the current condition of her soulsword, but she had persevered, learning how to fight with her left hand as the dominant one. She wondered if the other students continued to tease her or not. She hadn't been keeping up with the social sphere at school.

A free period arrived later in the day, and she made her way to the training area as she always did. It was time to try once again. She set up a training dummy in front of her and extended her left hand, beginning to focus her mind. Visualize the sword, focus your energy, connect to past memories that give the sword power, etc. The flow of it all was coming much more naturally than it had in the past. That wasn't the problem.

All that was left to do was release the energy to manifest the sword. She knew what was about to happen, but had to try again, no matter the consequences. Energy is ready, it's concentrated in my hand, now manif-

The fear and doubt arose once more, cutting off her connection in an instant. The built up mental energy in her hand tried to emerge into her blade but lost direction and discharged into her hand. She let out a yelp of pain as the energy once more burned her hand, dissipating soon afterwards. She fell to her knees, hissing from the pain in her hand. The energy had left a scorch mark on her left hand, still smoking from the heat. The doubts and fears in her mind dispersed once more into the recesses. She knew they'd be back when she next tried her soulsword. She had to find a way to stop them.

OOC: Glendalla open for interaction.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Higashi

Higashi nodded, walking back to her previous position. The Yards were quiet at this time of day, with only her and Chiyo really practicing their skills. Well, more her beating up someone with one arm, but even losing was practice in its own way. Inhaling a deep breath, the Hogo warrior settled into a proper stance, exhaling as she did so.

"Three, two, one ..."

Ooc: Permission to bunny Rayuke, since I'm de facto Umbraline clan leader, granted by Nuju.

Ic: At a first glance people saw Rayuke as a rough and serious bastion, but inside he was nothing less than beautiful. He was parts both dignity and humility, seamlessly encapsulating both virtues completely as a geode contains crystals. And both sides were on display as he reverently bent the knee to the only authority he owed absolute obeisance to. 

"It has been many turns of the heavens since you have come to this assembly, Lord Executioner," an old voice chimed from in front and far above Rayuke's titanic head. 

"First Accorder, I haven't felt the need... to come to the Assembly before now," he offered as an explanation. 

There was long awkward silence from the previous speaker, the woman only identified as the First Accorder, as she considered the agent's excuse. All Rayuke could hear was an intense barrage of Ideatalk all around him. It was just as every other time he came to the Assembly of Datsue—he felt like a rock tossed into a pool, and the ripples that shot from his impact point shimmered around, hit the edges and rebounded back only to strike each other and return endlessly, and he could never really understand the whirl of thoughts all round him. He felt like an intruder causing a commotion, but that was the nature of this particular body. The Assembly lay naturally dormant and glasslike until disturbed, and anyone, regardless of status or issue, caused the same tumult when they came to the chamber. It's just that Rayuke felt it even more severely.

"Rise, Lord Executioner."

He rose.

"Why have you come now?" 

"First Accorder, I come seeking... both your advice and... your authority."

Another hubbub erupted, thoughts indistinguishable like molecules in a waterfall as they rushed over his head. He was never completely sure if the Datsue present thought in an ancient tongue long forgotten by everyone else or if they just cleverly minced their words to the point of incomprehension, but whatever the case Rayuke had never been able to pierce the fog and understand a single word the dozens of Datsue tossed about. Before the noise could ebb, he continued with his plea, and as he spoke loudly and authoritatively the Assembly did quiet down to give him their complete attention, or more likely because they could feel the urgency in his oration.

"Assembly, the Realm is in dire circumstances... The details of the situation are many... but the essence is that there are factions... plotting to leave the empire and everything... it stands for. Though it may not be... their intention, their actions, even as... well-founded in reason and justice... as they are, will burn the Realm to ashes... Assembly, we all understand that this great empire... is not without fault, and these factions seek to right the wrongs... but I fear more is at work... and agents of Darkness must... be purged. We have already lost our previous Rora... to this conflict, and riots have filled... our streets. I require my full powers to further investigate the matter... and better bring it to light. If this Realm, and it's dignity... can be preserved at all...  I must be allowed to initiate... an inquisition. No stone can be left... unturned, no suspect untouched, no crown... too high to touch. Justice is blind to all things. No barriers... can be allowed to inhibit its course."

"Her Divine Imperial Majesty Rora Yumiwa has already given me... her seal, and now I petition for yours."

The chamber exploded into a mental maelstrom. An inquisition had never been authorized in three generations of Executioners and it was Rayuke's first petition, and he hoped it was also his last. It meant he would become more than just the end of the process, he'd become the sole wielder of Dasaka law as it existed, subject only to the Rora's legal decrees. He would be the police, the judge, the jury and executioner, unrestrained even by the wisdom of the ancients. 

He came in to the Assembly and bowed because he owed his badge to them. What he asked for meant that he's walk out of the chamber without the weight of that oath.

Rayuke stood in the center of the perfectly round floor as the many Datsue conversed around and above him. He was patient, stoic as ever before, somehow withstanding the rain of Ideatalk that hammered all through the suddenly claustrophobic room, but he was a dauntless statue. This went on for what would have seemed like an eternity of thirty years to anyone else, though for a golem as strong as Rayuke it was over as soon as it began.

"Lord Executioner, this Assembly hears your plea. We understand the nature of the situation in full, and agree that it requires a power greater than presently available. Though we..." She stammered a moment, consolidating her thoughts, then continued. "I am hesitant to be the First Accorder to confer the power of the first Inquisition in centuries, but the truth is laid bare. We have conferred, and are at an accord. The authority of this Assembly is yours, as is the office of Inquisitor."

She sighed log and hard, her breath holding the full weight of every other Datsue present, then gave her own plea. "I pray to the Goddess that this will be a quick episode. May Her wisdom guide you, as ours no longer binds you."

Rayuke left the Assembly with renewed purpose and dedication, but with it came even more burdens of responsibility. He hoped he'd be able to maintain his strength.

Edited by Queen Anora Mac Tir
  • Upvote 2

IC:

Relisai looked out her window onto Sado below.

She didn't know why, but she had a feeling things in the capital would be getting quite interesting in the days to come. Even moreso than the riots the Vilda Toroshu had seen earlier.

Despite being wrongfully imprisoned, glee filled her heart.

ooc: My bad Purple God, I keep getting Nihonei and Noshima mixed up, don't know why  ^_^

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?