BZPRPG - Kentoku Archipelago

Nuju Metru

IC (Enali)

"Well, I...I haven't really got past the 'projectile stage', you see," she explained. "I mean, I can make a sort of ball sometimes, but it normally turns into mush."

The young Menti demonstrated, creating a sphere of energy between her hands, screwing up her face in concentration. It began to droop into an egg-shape one it was more than a couple of inches in diameter.

She let it splat onto the ground, where the energy sizzled gently as it evaporated.

"The only time they've been happy with my technique was the time Miss Arisaka taught us, and...well...I don't really want to try that again..."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Enali)

"She didn't show us anything, exactly," the young Dasaka replied. "She used her Pakari to throw boulders at us. It was terrifying...my friend Seri went down...there was a rock coming right at us...I thought we were both going to be crushed!"

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Enali)

Enali looked at Jiyu like he'd grown an extra head.

"With all due respect, sir, I'd rather not have deadly chunks of rock thrown at me again..."

She turned to Kaede.

"I've had the basic tests, just like everyone else," she said. "Soulsword's what I'm best suited for, none of the others feel right. I just...I don't know..."

She shrugged again.

OOC: Permission gained to wrap the riots up...

IC: (Dastana Shivada/Sado Streets)

Order had been restored to the city. With her guardswomen around her, Shivada looked upon the scene of the clashes. Three guardswomen and several Hogo had perished bravely against the revolutionaries. The bodies of Dastana sympathizers were far more numerous. They were her clanswomen, she knew, but the fact troubled her little now. Whereas the Umbralines akin to the assassins of Yomiken numbered little, and were suppressed, it seemed treachery and disharmonious thought had infiltrated her clan.  Her fellow Dastana, it became clear, had grown fond of encouraging each other to go against the natural order, and against the caste system that held society together. If they continued, the isles would plunge into a era of chaos and blood unseen since the days before Empire. She knew she had reasonable clanswomen, but it pained her that they had been overruled.

The Taajar they had hired began to clear the bodies of the rioters from the streets, and began to scrub the blood off the roads. Carts, cloaked in white cloth, went away from the scene. Occasionally, Dashi crossed the roads in a hurried pace, to escape the stain upon the gleaming city. It would return to normalcy, she thought, in a week or so. New traders would come in, and it would seem exactly as it was before. If she knew anything of her Saihoko kin, it was that they always bounded back when pushed to the ground.

"Come, let the Taajar finish their work," she said. "Return to the palace, and report upon the actions of today."

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

.:Not a problem. I'm a personable man. I've already made some friends -  and I have a few dinner dates on the books yet..:. Jasik leaned back calmly and traced back and forth across his left cheekbone with a finger, staring at Nera.

.:What of you? The Fursics aren't without their...friends, and the Umbralines are an old name steeped in respect even with Yumi at their head. If you mean to win, and you mean to give us your support over the Umbralines, we're going to need all your support.:.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

... And noticed another Enali.

Continuing to run.

Even though she'd stopped. Kaede saw much the same sight, but unlike the young Menti, she lacked the context to know that what she was seeing was impossible. The young Ageru was bright enough to piece together the puzzle quickly and realize that whatever she was seeing as a Sighteye's doing. A quick glance confirmed that theory, as she noted a familiar black armored form perched on a chest-high wall, book held open in her hands.

"Afternoon."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Eldani Kyoshi Drakata (Odaiba)

"Well, we must unite our clan or do our best to stay out of the war. There are no other options, and the second one is difficult to accomplish. But your brother is doing a wonderful at upholding peace within our clan. But that might not be enough. If you.. pass away without leaving behind an heir, the peace will be shattered like a crystal plate dropping on the floor. Even your brother won't be able to prevent that from happening."

I let out a long sigh. "That is why you need an heir, at the very least. Preferably someone strong and determined, who can keep this clan together if something happens to you. But you're unmarried, and childless..thankfully, both of those can be fixed with time and effort" Minami seemed slightly uncomfortable for a slight moment. I rested my hand on her arm. "Marriage is difficult and time consuming, and getting a child even more so.. but adoptation is easier. I suggest that you talk with your brother about this. These are not things that should be taken lightly, but instead they are very important, life changing decisions. And necessary for the survival of our clan." I hope I'm not pushing her too hard. but I need my plans to start moving finally. Now, I must wait again..

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: yumiwa portions are courtesy of EW

IC:

"Hi there," Desde said, smiling sheepishly at the guards. "I have food."

If you could call it that. The guards looked at the unappetizing mishmash of vegetables and grains, with maybe a hint of fruit left to tantalize the Rora. Desde followed their gazes to the center mass of the slop and winced, trying to turn her nose away. She could sympathize with the guards; Rayuke had been none too pleased upon his return from the Dastana apartments and Desdemona had always been a bit too curious with court proceedings despite herself. The chojo shrugged her shoulders - notably keeping them leaned back from the tray of food.

"It's what they serve to the miners," she explained. "Rayuke says it will help bring...perspective. I don't know what kind of stomach condition perspective is, but...as soon as this is over the better. May I, ladies?"

Desde smiled her soft, bashful smile, and a few seconds later the chojo was closing the doors behind her to Yumi's royal apartments. She crossed the expansive suites with a bit of a gait she hadn't quite learned to muster up in public (odd, when the reverse should have been true) and saw her sister on her bed, in a raised platform towards the window. Yumi was propped up on pillows that could reach to Desde's waist, wearing the clothes she had worn to court that day - in her slim crystal armor and blanket-cloak, it was odd to see her big sister more dressed than Des was. The chojo raised the tray of food.

"Hey, cutie," Desde said meekly. "I brought dinner."

Yumi wrinkled her nose at the food - or me? - as Des knew she would. Sparing a conspiratorial glance at the doors, the adolescent princess turned back to her big sister and raised her hand above the tray.

"Rayuke says you're supposed to eat this. No real food or cake. Live how the people live. Strict orders for everyone." Desde ran her hand over the top of the tray, and where her palm moved the gruel disappeared, replaced by steak, a pear, and cake. "I've been practicing my Sighteye and Mindarm day and night since the gala. I figured...two Battlemasters in the family couldn't hurt. I asked Inokio and he says I'll make it no doubt within the year - we can do it together, if you want...anyway. I figured Rayuke had a point...but it could wait for tomorrow. Can I sit?"

Live how the people live,I echoed sardonically. “It’s like he’s forgotten WE are also people.” I rolled my eyes in a minuscule show of dramatic protest. 

But I turned to a pleased expression when the regurgitated mahi slurp turned to delicious treats again and patted my bed beside where I sat in invitation. “Please!”

Desde tried not to raise her eyebrows in surprise, but she slid the tray down onto the bed and sat down beside her sister, crossing her legs and wrapping a hand around each knee. "Sooo..." she trailed off for a minute, letting Yumi start to eat. What did she want to do? Uh...uh...guessing games! "Where do you think Hana is right this second? Think she's met anyone interesting on Mata Nui?"

I grinned a little at the thought of it. Hana the Explorer, that’s what I’d dub her when she returns. I’ll even have a lovely brocade backpack made for her as a gift. Yes, what a cutie she’ll be with that backpack— 

“Maybe she’s meeting one of those Matoran kings, charming him with songs of draconic majesty and oral images of urban highrises,” I thought as I noisily masticated the pear. “Or… maybe she’s gazing out a window at the rising sun, thinking about us right here and pondering the philosophical ramifications that we are indeed witnessing the same celestial orb from completely different times.” 

I suddenly realized I had daydreamed off as I stared at the setting sun and absentmindedly held the pear core in front of me like an offering—had I been stoic for seconds or moments? I couldn’t tell. I smiled endearingly and looked down at my knees as if Hana had just made a little embarrassing inside joke to me before I gingerly set the core down. “Either way, I know she’s missing us as much as we are missing her.”

"I...I was thinking she was having breakfast."

I laughed and cupped my mouth with an open hand as I recovered from the giggle. “Or that. Or why not all three things at once? Multitasking is pretty much her job.”

Desde grinned warmly at her knees. "I wish she was here. She'd know what to do right about now. Listen...sister...there's something you gotta know." The smile had started to ebb from her face. "Rayuke talked to the Twins this morning. The Rode...his mask, it came up clean. It wasn't Jasik, Yumi. He's still a presumptuous martyr toolbag tool, but...it wasn't Jasik."

Suddenly my cake tasted like bile as my muscles quivered slightly. My little sis tensed a little, too, though more probably in reaction to me. “That doesn’t mean they didn’t have anything to do with it,” I bitterly seethed before clenching my fist to regain composure (Inokio said I should try to be better in control of my emotions, even in private, so I could steel my mind more when it really mattered). “Did Uncle ask them that kicker?” I asked gravely.

"No," Desde confessed. "Not from what his assistant told me. She said he was asked if he killed her, and whether the Twins knew of anyone who could fake a Soulsword. Nothing more."

I just shook my head and pulled my lips to a corner before putting the cake down in dismay. I was always the more emptive daughter; feelings came more strongly and visibly to me than to my sister. Even so, I wondered why she wasn’t as outraged as I was about the issue. Yusanora was her mom, too; surely the pain I felt was as real to her, too. More needed to be done, more questions asked, more actions taken. This… empty helplessness… was’t the feeling I wanted to have after the incident. It wasn’t a discredit to my sister, but her company wasn’t what I needed right then. Hana knew me best; she would be able to comfort me. But she was gone. It made me miss her even more.

I didn’t look at my sister and instead just glared at the mosaic on the floor as the sun’s last rays cast orange light on it. “Thank you for the food, Desde,” I said in a disgusted monotone. “And tell my dear uncle that the next time there’s news on the case I want to hear it from his mouth.”

Des Umbraline stared at her knees for a long time, as if she could shoot Soulsword energy and burn the bed underneath her, and finally she disentangled herself and stepped foot on the floor, pulling her blanket around her. 

"Yeah," she said. "Kay. I'll let him know. Bye sis."

She made the effort not to look back to her sister once during the walk through the doors, made the effort not to squeal to the guards about her trick with the Sighteye, made the effort to not go and moan to Rayuke endlessly. She carried herself to her own apartments, locked the door, and sat against it, staring at the window and watching the sun.

I shouldn't have bothered.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Kilanya)

The highest tower of Mahuika hall, while nothing to the lofty spires of Sado, commanded a beautiful view of the lands of Odaiba. Naturally, it was here that the Toroshu's chambers were located: a suite of comfortable and well-furnished rooms that had belonged to the Ageru's leader for as long as the Hall had stood.

As the sun sank down towards the western horizon, staining the sky orange and the clouds grapefruit-pink, Kilanya leaned on the rail of her balcony and looked out across the fields of the Ageru towards the rolling hills, and beyond them, the distant, darkening sea. In the calm of dusk, one could almost forget the tensions of the Archipelago, the many sorrows that had been caused and the more that might well lie ahead. But Kilanya did not.

The political situation was a growing stress for the Ageru Toroshu: what she would say, what she would do, with whom she would side...which strings to keep and which to cut, and what would come crashing down if and when she did. And yet despite this, her thoughts were not on her own burdens, but on those of others.

She thought of the young Rora and her sister, and of the twins of the Dastana: despite their many differences, both pairs of siblings had lost their mothers to violence, a pain that must still be keen for both of them.

She thought of the people fighting and dying on the streets of Sado, the the people for whom the madness of war had already become very real.

She thought of her fellow Toroshu, who must be faced with situations just as difficult as hers. She wondered who would weather the storm she feared was coming, and who would drown.

She thought of Nachi, the poor woman broken by the Chaotic Six, who now lay empty-eyed in one of the castle's guest-rooms, tended to by her court doctor; and of Nihi, for whom it might almost have been better to lose her sister than to have her reduced to the shell Kilanya had taken in.

She thought of the explorers of the Chiisai Ryuu, traveling to a distant and unfamiliar land—and of one man on that ship, the man she loved but knew would never be hers, and the pain of their last conversation on the fateful night of the Chojo's party.

And last, before she turned away, she thought of the girl, the young Menti with the Rau.

Enali...

IC:

"Enali." The Eiyu greeted, a slight smile on her face. She did not yet move, however, as to do so would disrupt her illusion. As soon as Kaede was gone, she permitted the ethereal Enali to dissipate, dropping to her feet from her perch. Kaegsu closed her book with a quiet snap, slipping it into her pack as she refocused on the Ageru Menti.

"I've been well, I think. As well as one can be in these times. How are you?" A momentary pause, and a slightly sly grin. "Aside from narrowly avoiding thrown crates?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

<snip>

Ic: That's always been a possibility, Inokio considered. Civil Wars have been a historical recurrence over many centuries, and he still bore some memories of the last one. Indeed, like with several others of their kind, the last war was what made him a First Son. Even so, his learned mind understood many times a civil war had served as a cleansing fire, purging the old growth to make way for new foliage. If the archipelago still had even a handful of forests left maybe more people would understand that lesson...

But it would be a lost cause trying to argue the necessity of revolution to a man such as Rayuke. This was a man consumed by his station, obsessed with keeping order and tradition. That much was made obvious by the confrontation in the throne room. And he was at his wits end, so testing him further would only lead to disappointment on all sides. 

"This is a fragile time," Inokio spoke gravely. "I agree. The stakes are absurdly high, but... I wonder, when haven't they?

"Maybe under the microscope you used your actions are justified, but the station of the rora has always been the keystone to keeping order in this empire and by compromising her authority in the presence of her chief vassals you wreck the dignity that young woman has strived so hard to construct. She is not her mother, Rayuke, but she is the rora, and it is your duty as much as it is mine to make certain she becomes a great one. You don't know the empress as well as I have gotten to, and Yumiwa is a gemstone. Maybe in your short time serving her directly you haven't seen the greatness I do, but I know leaders are polished with care and precision, not bashed into shape with a mallet.

"The whole of the empire is watching her, and if you are to preserve order and peace you must first preserve her."

IC:

"A genstone cannot be made beautiful through polish alone. Subjected only to polish, a gem will never change its shape. It will only serve as an attempt to cover up the flaws." I speak, an unusual choice. I am Rayuke's silent shadow, the ace hidden underneath their notice. On this, however, I cannot keep my silence. A problem unspoken will not cease to be a problem, it will merely rear its head anew at a later date. I am intimately familiar with nobles and their 'privilege', the 'gemstones awaiting polish.

I will not permit it, by Zuto Nui's will.

"An empire built upon covered flaws will not survive. You would sweep this problem under the rug, as you do so many problems." My tone surprises even myself. It is civil, but with a biting undercurrent unfamiliar to my tongue. But my ire has been earned, and I cannot help but grant it. "If you attempt to build on an imperfect foundation, your castle shall crumble in upon itself like so many cards."

"What would you have Lord Rayuke do, Battlemaster? Permit the Rora her delusions? Let her eat cake, while the streets drink their fill of blood?"

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Enali." The Eiyu greeted, a slight smile on her face. She did not yet move, however, as to do so would disrupt her illusion. As soon as Kaede was gone, she permitted the ethereal Enali to dissipate, dropping to her feet from her perch. Kaegsu closed her book with a quiet snap, slipping it into her pack as she refocused on the Ageru Menti.

"I've been well, I think. As well as one can be in these times. How are you?" A momentary pause, and a slightly sly grin. "Aside from narrowly avoiding thrown crates?"

IC (Enali)

"Oh, so you heard that?" the young Menti answered with a wry smile. "I'm fine. Well, mostly. I mean, all this...stuff going on..."

She gestured around to indicate the Archipelago's strife as best she could.

"...it does...scare me."

Enali looked at the floor, holding one upper arm with the hand of the other.

Ic: "I don't hold the station to tell Lord Rayuke what to do," Inokio calmly stated to the Executioner's shadow, though he also carefully gauged the ham's reaction just the same, "but it is within my place to advise what he shouldn't do, but did.

"The foundation is already made and it is good—Yusanora and I, by her choice, have ensured that much. The polishing must now be completed. And what happened back there..." he said and motioned to the past, "was not done with a tumbler but with a chisel. You are daft to think otherwise, or that I sweep anything under the rug."

IC:

"My apologies, Battlemaster. I wasn't aware that looming civil war constituted a solid foundation. My eyes aren't what they used to be, I must have mistook the seamless lines of perfection for cracks." My heart rate ticks up another notch per second, but my outer facade does not change. I am in control of my body and mind, even if my tongue is beginning to strain against my will.

"Perhaps I have mistaken how a tumbler works, as well. Does it not operate by turning gems on their heads?"

IC:

"I understand." The quiet Menti responded, before pausing. "... I might have a suggestion, if you'd like to hear it."

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg