BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC:

"--Speaking of making a split, I had a great time at the Kini, thanks for asking. I wish that you all had warned me we were leaving so soon. I thought we planned to relish our little playground longer. A mere half dozen lives never satisfies. I can still hear my stomach growling. Bet you had your happy little feast though, Avak? Vezok? Tell me, when the Inn's ash settled, did the screams continue? I hope they continued. Quiet bores me."

With nothing around us but unforgiving tunnel, Toa behind us and Hakann in front of us, part of me was wondering whether Zaktan meant for us to kill each other down here and continue alone. If that was the mother######er's gameplan, he had the right idea; while Hakann prattled on, I could feel my stomach and chest roiling in disgust and loathing, and finally my hand began to quietly slip down towards my Pickaxe. One quick energy blast to the back of the head, and it would be over with. Maybe the others would thank me. Maybe we could have some quiet for a second. The seconds of Hakann's life ticked down - five, four, three, two...

Thok's hand, smooth and cool, slipped onto my wrist and shoved it aside. I looked up at him, ready to snarl something, but for once Thok's babyface lacked an easy, mocking smile, instead looking at Hakann with a thin candy coating of revulsion.

"Hakann, take it easy. You know Avak still has trouble with bedwetting."

"Oh? Don't feel so bad about it, Avak," Hakann sneered, with a heavy-handed backhand slap to the neck. "The Guards did, too."

I can live with Vezok. Thok's jokes are cruel, his lies endless, and his smile begs you to detonate a drone in front of it, but you can live with him. Same with that ###### tool Reidak. Even Zaktan...well, no, not even Zaktan. His death in Ta-Koro would have been too good to be true, and without it we would have never known what route to take with the Antidermis. Worse, it could have fallen into the hands of those petulant Toa who kept me from working out the kinks in my new Vakbot system at the Lavapool. No...if there was one person who could blend my lust for their death and the likelihood of being shot down in the street, it was Hakann. And yet somehow...defying all odds...spitting in the faces of his betters, of us... Hakann had lived.

Hakann always lived.

I lowered the gun. 

The tunnel gave me the creeps.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Onua39, Rahkshi staffs aren't imbued with any powers by themselves. They only have powers in the hands of their Rahkshi.

IC:

One of the Rahkshi had simply fled in the face of the fire; the other one that still possessed its staff and its life must have been a self-preservationist too, because it backed away from the cluster of newcomers, hissing threateningly and drag-banging its staff along the cave wall as it retreated into its own territorial section of the tunnels. Though it was never lucky to run into three Rahkshi at once, Drogon had been fortunate enough to have encountered three small-timers, and to have been surrounded by help. He could not rely on his good fortune so heavily in the future; most of the surviving Rahkshi down here were the baddest of the bunch.

Though the Toa Maru had searched Mangaia extensively following the banishment of Makuta, even they hadn't been able to find or extract all its treasures. In what may have been either coincidence or fate, one of the warning blows from the retreating Rahkshi's staff shattered an abnormally thin section of the tunnel wall, revealing a shallow niche that'd been disguised there.

Inside it was something worth much more than a Rahskhi Staff: a Kanohi Kiril, the Great Mask of Regeneration.

But there was only one.

test2.png

IC Ira

"... Rock paper scissors?" From what he had heard, the Kiril was used to fix inanimate objects; not exactly his cup of tea. Besides, he sacrificed his ability to use Kanohi for a... Crazy zombie. Not the best choice, in retrospect. Still, this was a rare mask...

IC:

"Agreed." The Fe-Toa's smooth voice sounded out, quiet in the tunnels. The dark warrior had long since sheathed his weapons once more, returning his shield to his back; despite the conflict that occurred in the past few minutes, there was no indicator that he had even taken part in combat. No sign of labored breathing, no sign of exertion. Just calm, collected repose.

"We have lingered here too long."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Ira

"... Somewhat...?"

Okay, think of an excuse. Ira couldn't risk revealing his identity as a member of he Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, but his temper was slowly rising...

"... Due to a head injury sustained during my early toa years, I have lost the ability to use Great Kanohi. As such, that mask is worthless to me in terms of practicality."

IC: "Hold up," Mars called, poking her head out from behind the corner. A crinkling sound echoed through the cavern before her visage plunged back into the gloom. A second later, it reappeared, cheeks bulging. 

"Lut me gest dis stray," commenced the munching assassin, swallowing. "You-," she enunciated, index finger protruding from the darkness and aiming itself at the Ta-Toa, "can't use it, either. Meanwhile, you-," she asserted, spinning her point towards the other, "don't want it."

She looked at them both, raised the partly-wrapped Tahu Burger to her mouth with her other hand, and took a moment to consume a victual as her mind considered the situation.

"Don't mindsh iz I doom," Mars concluded with an effervescent grin, gliding to before the niche and snatching the Kanohi.

Edited by Mordor Vehicle

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Vaisaga

Some would ask why exactly Vaisaga did not want such a rare mask.

Simply put, he was in no need for one. The funds that could be obtained from selling the item were useless to him, and he was yet to lose his own mask, so to the androgynous Toa of Air, there was absolutely no benefit in using a mask with abilities he was not overly familiar with. It would be far too troublesome. Rit would most likely berate him for giving up the opportunity, but sometimes, it did not truly matter.

IC: She snuck through the Dark Walk, fought off the Rahkshi, and returned to liberate the treasure from the clutch of death--and it wasn't trapped?

###### are the powers that be smoking?

She shrugged, put her new toy in her pack  and left, slinking through the shadows to warmer places.

OOC: Mars to Le-Wahi

Edited by Mordor Vehicle

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: The Recluse

The bark-clad Toa nodded, smiling a little bit on his stiff mask. Acts of charity toward Rahi, intended as such or not, always sat well with him. And both the tea and muffins were delicious. The thought that he ought to repay his hospitality in some way crossed his mind, but he didn't know how he ought to, or even how to convey his intention.

He stopped after his third muffin, not wanting to overeat, and looked out the window, to the red grass of the Kini just in sight.

OOC: I don't know when I'll next be able to reply.

IC: Darvin

Darvin watched as the silent toa looked out the window.

"Awkard sight isn't it? Red grass, stained by all the blood spilt. Not exactly the best feature of this home, but it still is nice. You should see it when the sun is just rising."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

His smile took a humorous edge to it, something that had not ever happened in the century of memories he had. He held up his hand, and out of it grew three green blades of grass. With a thought, they turned red one at a time. The same red as the grass, not dark like blood, but bright like victory. He pointed at himself with his free hand, hoping his meaning was clear.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

It took some thinking, and processing but eventually darvin managed to get what the toa was trying to convey. He was not a journalist for nothing. However he merely smiled

"Some may feel that way, but there are others who may feel differently. Those who had loved ones who died in that fight, would they not feel the loss, where as others would only see the victory?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Darvin arched his brow as he watched this, peering at the toa. Then a look of understanding came over his face

"I was wondering what caused that. You have quite the gift there."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

He gave a slight shrug, his expression becoming neutral again. He thought for a moment of how to convey his thoughts. He grunted after a few seconds, frustrated that the only way he could think of was by writing. He place his finger on the desk and wrote again.

al toa uv plants kan doo

ounli nid think

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

Darvin cocked his head as he looked at the words and merely nodded

"Yes toa of plantlife may be able to do it, but if a lesterin can not do it, would it not be a wondrous thing? Afterall I would love to do what toa of plantlife can do, so for me it is a wondrous thing."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Darvin leaned back in his chair as he flipped the shade down on his kanohi. He knew this was such a one-sided conversation but it was better than nothing

"So friend, where are you heading anyway?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

The Toa of Plants pushed the plate away, finally having had his fill. He looked out the window for a few seconds, then back to Darvin and gestured towards the field of red grass, followed by a shrug. He'd come here on a whim. The last time he had been anywhere with a direct purpose was the last time he had been to this place, to remove the infected masks on the Rahi had were attacking the Kini. Since then, it had been endless wandering.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

The Ta-Matoran pulled down his white hood and looked out over the great temple's decayed and majestic ruins. Kini Nui had once been great, the center of worship for the whole island, but now it crumpled abandoned above the entrance to the home of Mata Nui's enemy, a symbol of the strangling hold the Makuta had once asserted, and the ambivalence of the Matoran towards their old faith following the master of shadow's defeat. There were gaps in the temple's domed structure, though which you could see the ramshackle rooms of its interior, uninhabited for centuries. One of the four towers surrounding the dome leaned precariously, as if a strong wind might send it tumbling to the valley below. 

It is easy to see where me must start, at the least, Arius though, beginning to descend into the temple clearing. He kept a hand on the hilt of his sword, the Makuta's sons remained, even if their father had been banished for a time, and Arius did not plan on any Rahkshi catching him off guard. There was something fitting about the home of the forces of light being so near the center of darkness, this was only the latest chapter of an old, old story, after all.

He paused and turned back towards his followers, white robes clapping a little in the breeze. "Today begins an era, an end to disorganization and faithlessness," he said, arms raised towards the dome of Kini-Nui behind him."We will restore the Great Temple, returning it to glory, and from there we will begin spreading Mata Nui's word throughout his creation, calling his people to renewed faith in Him. The Master of Shadows still casts a long shadow of fear over many's hearts, and his servant still lurk in the far corners of Mata Nui, who must be purged. The Koros have made great strides towards political unity, but our people are still divided, and many have forgotten who our real enemy is. We must remind then. For when the Makuta returns, all must be pretty for the battle against him if Mata Nui is to be awakened and his dark brother cast down forever, or the Makuta will win. It is our duty to bring unity, else the destiny of this land is a bleak one indeed." 

Concluding his speech there, it was not the time for some long sermon, Arius turn back towards Kini-Nui, eager for their work to begin.

IC: Savnung

If Savnung had felt like speaking out, she would have mentioned to Arius that his short speech felt a bit unnecessary - she and the others had followed him in full knowledge of the task that lay ahead of them. Their hearts had already been dedicated to restoring the light of the Great Temple, after all. But still, she did quite like the rather poetic quality of her leader's words.

They were going to be part of something big.

And Savnung felt that the speech was a nice introduction into what they were going to do. Arsic really had a way with words, it seemed.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step," she mused as she followed after her leader.

Darvin nodded to the reclusive toa. understanding what he was meaning. However he now heard what sounded like footsteps coming from the direction of the temple area. Slowly he stood from his seat and made his way towards one of the windows, peeking out to see what was going on. With a smirk he turned to the toa of silence

"Well, seems you may have company at the temple."

He opened the doors to the balcony and stepped out, leaning against the railing with tea in hand as one of the small group spoke up

Short time late after the speech

Darvin could not help but smirk, though he really wanted to laugh he tried desperately to hold it in. From what the ta-matoran had been saying, it sounded like a suicide mission. Mata-nui was heading into a new age, a new age filled with technology and lacking religion. Though he offered a slow clap at the end of the speech, likely loud enough for the group to hear

"What a finely worded speech, though perhaps a bit outdated!" 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Mahrika

Behind the two Matoran, a Ga-Lesterin trudged along, carrying a metal cylinder and a folded wagon on her back. She stayed silent even in the face of Darvin; talking used air and disrupted the natural breathing pattern, something she couldn't afford right now as she was getting pretty tired. She silently surveyed her surroundings, taking in the sights.

Remaining just inside, he stood and leaned against the wall near the door, listening in. After all, there was little he could add to the conversation. His rusty understanding of Matoran meant he had missed a large part of the speech's meaning, though if he hadn't, he would have most likely jumped right in with them.

BZPRPG Profiles

Hormd Gronjkr- Kini Nui

IC: From the back of the group a voice called out. It was not raised, but it carried unnaturally well and nobody in the area had any trouble hearing it.

"And how is it late, lad? Its not like the rest of us have been standing here for a while, and the problem still needs dealing with."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"It is late by era. Mata-nui is going through a revolution of sorts. Coming are the days filled with technology. However somethings must be left behind when new eras begin."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Hormd Gronjkr- Kini Nui

IC: "I take that you mean religion is being left behind. Perhaps in a world where magic powers and evil demons were not something that everybody has either seen or felt the direct influence thereof such an argument might hold water. However, the world we live in is not such a place."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Darvin shakes his head slowly from atop his balcony

"Religion is not being left behind. However a unified faith is. Must people gather to practice their faith? I would say no. And no offense good sir, but I have seen no evil demons, but only mortal beings with evil intent. They may seem demonic but they are flesh and blood like the rest. Magic powers you claim? Powers yes, magic perhaps not. We may not have an explanation for such powers, but that does not make them magical, for there is alot that we do not have explanations for."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Hormd Gronjkr- Kini Nui

IC: Just because technology progresses does not mean that people no longer need to gather and pray to Mata Nui. When I said demons I was somewhat in err with my numbers. I was referring to the Makuta himself, and I am unsure what else one would call a being of evil and darkness such as him. And while we may not have an explanation for how something is done, that does not always mean that technology will give us the answers we seek."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Orina

She stood near the back of the small crowd, silent and hopefully unnoticed. With crossed arms, Orina listened closely to the speech. Did that sound a little cliche? Shaking her head, but not speaking, which was a very unwise thing to do, she listened on until the Ta Matoran finished.

A yell pierced her thoughts, and Orina took a quick glance to the speaker. He better shut up, or he's bound for something unpleasant, she thought, just as someone yelled back. This won't end too well.