BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

I burst out laughing.

Despite the heavy oppressiveness of the underground, against the need for quiet and discretion, I found myself barking out a short, sharp laugh. Not only was is sudden, but it was also sarcastic... and a thread of bitterness?

"I wish." I said glumly, listening to my own echoes bounce away as well as my composure. "Shorty after the Makuta was defeated I was... sent away, becoming a recluse against my will. Only recently I have returned, trying to piece together what has happened in my absence. Thus why I'm here. Lavasurfing in Ta-Wahi? I haven't done that since... "

Since well forever, I finished in my head. To be honest I don't remember the last day I had off, let alone some fun. I don't think I actually have since I became a T-

No. Po-Wahi. With Cael. Kikanalo-tipping. THAT was the last time I had fun.

For the slightest of moments I was depressed, only to come about when I realized I had at least one good, fun memory. It wasn't a lot, but it was something, proof that there were positives in my life, positives that I could hold on to.

And seek out, I reminded myself. The only way that was going to happen again was to get my personal life straightened out, something I needed to get on pronto. But I still held on to that memory, and I could feel my demeanor brighten considerably.

"Don't step there."

I could hear Lantz freeze behind me, his foot barely over a stone, one I had casually avoided. With a motion I moved the lightstone to the nearby wall, only under direct light the thin slots for disks now visible. As much as the suva was the classic hidden door, this was the classic trap. I turned my head slightly, one eye looking at my companion.

"Please be more careful."

Moving the lightstone ahead of me once more I slowly and with more caution moved forward.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC:

Definitely crazy, thought Lantz as he sidestepped the trap Joske had pointed out to him and he continued following the Ta Toa.

This Joske is turning out be quite the interesting fellow. A fighter, an explorer with a map of Mangaia and a hermit? No, this Toa certainly isn't like the rest of them, he's actually someone I might enjoy a drink with at The Black Spot in Ga-Koro. I'll almost feel bad if he gets killed by one of the little surprises Makuta has left around for scavengers of his lands. Almost.

They continued travelling, soon losing track of the time as they wandered in the underground tunnels. Twice they had to double back as the iStone told them to take a tunnel that led to a dead end.

"How much farther until the Vault?" Lantz asked with an edge to his voice.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

-IC:-

A dark fire burns in the silence of desolation. From the abyss of perdition, I rise; torsional ascension, sending the starless heavens into the wracking agony of birth. The charred earth splits asunder with bellowing vociferation, and from its desiccation an amorphous being crawls, broken and malformed. An endoskeleton returns to its proper position with the sickening cracks of fracturing osseous tissue, bloodstained mouth an ellipse of excruciation. Sing, the shadows cry, the lament of Asmodeus; tell us of his rebirth; lament of a king's return. The haemorrhaging mass begins to weep, its mutilated hands reaching for my feet, melting eyes exquisitely aimless.

My child, my child...” I cradle the proffered igneous face, touch gentle and stare dispassionate. “Silence in the presence of your God.” The grip abruptly becomes hard and unyielding, sharp contrast to the assuaging osculation. Bones seem chalkish, pliable. Pitch rises.

I smile.

Their movement suggest a self-misperception of concealment, a manqué furtiveness rarely seen outside of legal forces. Footsteps silent, breath controlled, Mask of Stealth employed. Exceedingly confident in their progression, and thoroughly oblivious to their heat output. Continue observation and react accordingly.

Locomotion precise, each gesticulation deliberate, I follow from the shadows, hands unburdened with the weight of weapons, calculated footsteps as noiseless as the Kanohi-user's. As they near the Abettor's domain, I further my approach, nearing to mere meters away.

How fascinating,” I whisper, the noise little more than susurration. “Visitors,” As the reactions begin, my vision regains its vivid crimson hue, and I stride from darkness into their presence, speed greatly increased. “I believe an explanation for your presence is required.” My demeanour is flawless; debonair and suave are hardly adequate descriptions.

I stand ready to react to the slightest movement. It seems an eternity since I have killed exclusively with my hands; perhaps a reiteration would be beneficial.

Edited by L'Etranger
  • Upvote 4

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Kavala from Le-Wahi.

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala listened to his own footsteps as he descended deeper and deeper underground. The darkness and the damp air stimulated Kavala's thoughts. Memories of a time when Makuta's power reached over all of the island drifted in his head like a thick fog. Kavala smiled.

There were two simple reasons Kavala now traversed the tunnel that would lead him to the infamous Piraka: power and revenge. He had only recently heard that Makuta's vault had been breached and the Piraka were now giving away its secrets. Kavala knew the treasures would come with a price, he was not a fool. But something to enable revenge against Ga-Koro for taking Xa-Koro away from him... it was too much to pass up for.

IC: (Arvun/Mangaia)

It was dangerous to be here. But it wasn't the Rahkshi that scared Arv, it was his former allies. He came to Makuta's tomb infrequently, but each time previous, he found servants of his shadow, still stalking his halls. He had to fight them many a time, kill them many a time. Arv was not going to let them take him, to kill him for his supposed betrayal. He would live, live for her. In front of his seated figure, there she was. Right in the little side tunnel he'd found, partially caved in, he sat in silence. An urn was all that remained of his wife, all. Small, of black clay, nondescript except for a name. She was with her lord now, and he was here, in a dark tunnel, with no company except his thoughts.

A dim lightstone illuminated the room, barely allowing him to see the grey of his cloak. It was running out of charge, he realized. He would soon have to leave, to go back to the world outside. Arv sighed, here was the closest place to home. Where he could take off his boots, cease his wanderings for a calm hour or two. Taking a sip from his canteen, he noticed with some alarm the sound of footsteps, echoes, growing more voluminous by the second. They were too soft to be Rahkshi, so Arv grew to suspect it was a misguided traveler. If it was such, he needed to stop them. The beings that prowled this ruin preyed upon the innocents, like owls upon mice. He would try and turn them back, try to make them see sense.

Rising quietly, he stooped through the shadows, and looked to the tunnel above and below him. He saw naught below, so concluded the figures were coming downward. He slipped a hand into his cloak, and grasped the wood of his Kaskara handle. If they were hostile, he'd knew he had a duty to stop them. The less Makuta cultists in this world, he thought, the better. He saw the vague light of the lightstone as he walked forward. It shone the outlines of Toa, one a Toa of Fire, one grey, of some other type. The Lesterin stood firm.

"Go back, you two. This place is teeming with thugs and Rahkshi. Go back!"

OOC: That's Joske and Lantz.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

Visitors,” the voice came behind Aurum and Lash. Although to the common folk, such a voice from such a direction may have chilled them to their bone, but to Aurum, this was almost ecstasy. There was no doubt who was behind him, and that person had the Makuta's favor. Still, the Toa of Iron could maintain his composure, but not to his usual stoic demeanor. He had a look on his face that showed a form of glee that you'd think was unsuitable for when you were face to face with a Piraka.

He licked his lips. Stopping himself in his tracks, Aurum turned around to face the red Piraka who had appeared behind them, taking note of his appearance as he glanced into the fiery orbs that were the Piraka's eyes before bringing his gaze downwards. The deep crimson of the Piraka, under the dark shade of the tunnel, almost had the same color of fresh blood. Although Aurum had seen, conversed with, and fought with Skakdi before, this one was the only one seemed to have a forbidding... Flair.

Aurum only had a budding smile.

"And you must be Hakann," he replied, his tone of voice clearly displaying a sense of curiosity. Having trailed behind the Piraka as they had tread down the Dark Walk, there had been an abundance of the Skakdi calling each other's names while throwing crackpot jokes and hideous insults at each other. Aurum had (at first, he'd believed he'd done so unwittingly) committed to memory each Piraka's name in relation to their voice and appearance.

"We are here because we are useful to you. To the Piraka.

Edited by JL Zehvor

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Lash:

Any other day, the sudden, chilling voice might have taken Lash by surprise. But after her previous encounters down in these tunnels, she was too on edge for anything to surprise her anymore. She turned around calmly to take in the visage of the newcomer, an intimidating blood-red skakdi with eyes that burned like hot coals. "And you must be Hakann," Aurum said curiously, smiling at the Piraka. From the crash course history lesson Aurum had given her, Lash was starting to get the impression that Aurum and the Piraka shared a common faith in the Makuta. 

Personally, Lash didn't care much for primordial gods. She had no faith except in herself. But if Makuta or his worshipers paid her, then she would be more than happy to go along with their plans. "We are here because we are useful to you. To the Piraka." Aurum continued 

"You pay, and I'll obey," Lash added with a curt bow. "And I hear you're paying well." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

For the merest of moments, I remain silent, smile transfixed, my gaze bedimmed. "Mercenaries," the word is seraphic upon my tongue, perhaps cloying so. "How... convenient."

I resume motion, circling the two from a tactically superior distance. My gaze flickers into oblivion, as I view the world through the spectrum of a separate actinic radiation, movements subtle in their dynamism. Within the recesses of the surrounding darkness, the movement of others can be heard, mechanical and punctilious. "Humor me a test of your professionalism," the last syllable, rendered elegant from my politic speech, vanishes into darkness without immediate succession.

"I require only one mercenary."

The shadows shiver once more, disturbed by a momentary coruscation of scarlet.

"The being who genuflects before my presence, grasping the heart, shall be worthy. You may begin."

OOC: If you're terribly regretting this, don't worry; Hakann (probably) won't have them kill each other (but your characters don't know that~).

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Lash

Lash wasn't in the mood to be bullied. Common sense told her that she should be terrified, but she'd learnt to ignore her common sense. Common sense had told her that becoming an assassin wasn't a good career choice, and it had been wrong about that. Dead wrong.

"You only require one mercenary?" she mused, "That's okay. I'm not just a mercenary. I also dabble in petty theft, body-guarding, and assassination." She wondered for a moment if she would come to regret this moment of defiance. It didn't matter, though. She knew that stepping into the unknown of these tunnels without a plan was a risky decision. Now she would find out if that risk was going to pay off.

If not... well, at least she tried, right?  

OOC: I'm not regretting coming down here... yet. That may change depending on what happens next. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Sorry about this," Lash apologised to Aurum, and she meant it. He'd come out of nowhere to help her fight the Rahkshi when he could have kept on going. She respected that. If their circumstances had been reversed, she wouldn't have done the same, which probably made Aurum a better person than she was.

"Nothing personal." she added, snatching both of her whips from where they hung and flicking them out away from her body. In one swift motion, she cracked them both; the resulting sound was deafening in the enclosed tunnel. 

IC: Lunefeld

Footsteps, measured and precise, echoed down the obsidian tunnel.

A lone visitor, cloak unfastened and dragging behind him, moved with an impeccability and surety that betrayed a calm mind, especially when the fact that he was in the very heart of evil was taken into consideration.

Although maybe he and the darkness were not so different, after all.

Sounds of footsteps ahead reached his ears. The Toa activated his Huna just as a Rahkshi stalked past him. Normally, he would have amused himself with the sound of a dying Rahkshi.

But I do have other things to attend to.

The stranger neared the centre of the tunnels, the well-known cavern just ahead.

And saw them.

The red Skakdi, plus cruel and hungry smile, circled the grey Toa and Vortixx. Still invisible, the visitor edged forward.

"I believe I made myself clear. Let one of you demonstrate your usefulness; deliver unto me the sanguinary proof."

"Sorry about this. Nothing personal."

The whips cracked, the sound deafening and sharp.

Lunefeld waited for them to get it over with.

In the aftermath of the deafening double whip-crack, Lash quickly dropped the red light-stone still half-clutched in her hand into a pouch on her belt, plunging the tunnel into complete darkness. Darkness was her element, and silence was her herald. Darkness was where she plied her trade, striking from the shadows and retreating into them once the job was done. Silence was all that she ever left behind. Silence and blood. 

Without hesitation, Lash swung her barbed weapons towards where Aurum had last been standing.

With any luck, this would be over quickly.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC

Toa Joske

"How much farther until the Vault?" I could sense the edge in his speech and Lantz voiced the question. I didn't blame him, considering we had gotten turned around twice.

"Almost there." I conceded, taking one last look at my iStone before putting it away, noting the entrance I needed. "Really it's just down this hall. Straight shot. In fact, I think I can see a light way down ther-"

"Go back, you two. This place is teeming with thugs and Rahkshi. Go back!"

I was caught off-guard, frozen for just a spit second. He had come out of nowhere, blocking our path, looking like a slightly-crazed hermit, demanding we turn back. It took only another second for me to regain my composure.

"Hello to you too. If the thugs and Rahkshi don't kill us, the heart attack from people like you will." came my none-too-happy reply as I raised my lightstone to get a better look at the individual. "The goons I can deal with; as for the animals that why I'm not traveling alone. As much as I appreciate the sound wisdom, and trust me, it is, I didn't come all the way down just to turn back. I appreciate the warning but I really must continue. Oh, almost forgot: who are you?"

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala could hear the sounds of a conflict ahead. His natural night-vision allowed him to see a red Piraka far away, with a Toa and Vortixx duking it out in front of him. No doubt a contest for the treasures of the Vault.

Kavala decided to silently approach the scene, already taking in the tactiques, strengths and weaknesses of the beings present.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: Sorry for the late reply. I didn't know I had a life, but it kidnapped me and made me do things.

IC:

Everybody here was a master of using the darkness. Their actions, their thought process, was molded by shadow. The Piraka and his dementia. Aurum and his stealth. Lash and her expertise. Each were just different aspects of the darkness, of the shadow, and now they were surrounded by it.

The moment Lash bagged her lightstone, the area around them immediately dimmed; the only source of light now were the lightstones embedded into the walls of the tunnels - and those weren't anything but scarce.

Without hesitation, the Volitak activated, and Aurum immediately sidestepped the spot where he last was. A Whack! Noise resounded outwards right where he had been standing - as expected - as the garrote-whip grated into the ground. For a moment, Aurum caught the glint of light reflecting off the serrated whip before he leapt away. Here, his eyesight and his stealth would be his best bet for survival. That, and his senses; Lash would make sounds when she moved; the loud echo that she'd generated with her whips were a clear indication. While both were practiced in the arts of staying quiet, in the midst of a fight such a thing wasn't going to be all that easy - except one had a distinct advantage. The Volitak muted sounds. Lash didn't have such a thing.

Hmmmm..... Aurum thought as he focused his elemental energy into his arms and hands, increasing the armor thickness and density of the outer parts of the armor.

I guess I could try something like that. Can I react to it?

Yes. The whip makes a sound as it goes through the air; I'd be able to tell the direction from that, and by the time it's close enough that I can dimly see it, I'll already be prepared to catch it. I'll react fast enough so my arms block it.

It will work.

• Upvote 3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: I'm wonder how long we'll have to duke it out before Hakann decides he's had his fun? 

Lash felt a momentary pang of disappointment when her whips failed to hit anything. She pulled back her arms, turning her wrists so that the whips swept wide away from her body. Years ago, when she'd first chosen the weapons, she'd almost killed herself fooling around with them.

Now, she had nothing but respect for her tools of killing, and she'd practiced diligently for years to perfect her mastery of them. Aside from that one time, she'd never once hit herself again. Once had been more than enough pain to last her a lifetime. 

She let the whips fall to the floor as she considered her options. Her eyes were adjusting to the darkness, which meant her opponent's were as well. And Aurum's Volitak gave him an extra advantage, making him near impossible to see, even if there had been light. She cursed under her breath, straining her eyes to make out the dim glow of the other light-stones, set sporadically into the walls further down the tunnel. Too far away to be of any use to her.

Time for a little improvisation. 

She took both whip handles in one hand and began to swing them in an arcing motion around her body, which would hopefully keep her unseen enemy from getting too close to her. With her other hand, she picked open her satchel and pulled out one of the Stralix powder explosive charges she'd stolen. Time to level the playing field... literally.

She had no real experience with these explosives, so she had no idea how much damage the fist-sized charge might do, or how much that effect might be amplified down here in the cramped confines of the tunnel. She did know that sudden impact would set it off, and that was something she could deliver. She flung the charge forwards in front of her and then swung her whips after it, striking it in midair with a resounding crack.

In the dark, her aim was a little bit off, and the charge was sent spinning upwards, where it ricocheted off the ceiling.

A second later, a violent explosion ripped through the cramped tunnel. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC:

There was a swooshing sound that traversed from on side of the cave to the other. If Aurum were to guess, he'd assume that they were blind swings to prevent him from getting close. But Lash wasn't an idiot - and thus, she would be easier to predict that one. People didn't usually swipe blindly in defence because it left them open to attack. And the fact that there was only one 'swoosh' was a tell that Lash wasn't panicked either.

So it must've have been a move made to buy time. For what, though, Aurum didn't know; All he could do was take a few steps away from Lash's general direction, pull out his shield, crouch behind it, and wait to see-

Crack!

I know that sound. I've heard it before.......did she just whip a satchel charg-

There was a sudden flare of bright light that immediately made Aurum cringe. Luckily, the explosive didn't use any shrapnel, so the only thing the shield blocked was the intense heat that radiated outwards like a miniature sun briefly blinking into existence deep within Mangaia's tunnels. Unluckily, though the explosion temporarily revealed each other's exact position, Aurum almost had his eyes shut tight; the only thing he could affirm was the Vortixx's general direction - which he already knew in the first place. On the other hand, Lash now saw Aurum in a combat ready stance crouched behind his shield. Thankfully, he had reflexively hidden his face behind the shield when the bright light had diffused outwards so Lash wouldn't know he was, for that split second blind, but now, he was at a disadvantage.

Focus. Listen for the next attack, and block it accordingly.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala had been almost amused by Lash's and Aurum's battle, until the former caused a bright flash in the cavern. Although Kavala was not too close to the scene, the light hurt his sensitive dark green eyes. It was a weakness all Onu-Matoran and Toa of Earth shared.

Good thing I didn't enter the battle... yet, he thought as he yelped and stepped backward. His strategy was simple: wait and observe until one of the combatants had fallen, then attack the winner. He would be in full strength then, while his opponent would be tired of the previous fight. And he was sure Hakann wouldn't mind a bit of cheating.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

The miniature conflagration blasted air down the tunnel, briefly illuminating Lunefeld's shadow on the walls. A newcomer, in rusty armour, was just behind Lunefeld. But that was not Lunefeld's main concern now.

Crossbow loaded with flammable powder at its tip, Lunefeld let fly a bolt at Aurum's exposed back, before increasing Aurum's weight significantly enough to hinder most movement.

OOC: Sorry for the wait; I have been and still am busy.

As the initial intruders begin a paltry counterfeit of combat, I observe the gradual descent of others, their heat unconsidered, movements brusque. More avarice and misplaced anger to redirect. How endearing.

My view momentarily blossoms into a solid orange; deactivation of thermal imaging reveals the result of stralix powder and excess force. I move with casual indifference out of the most likely locations for the formation of debris. The shadows shiver with anticipation. Attacks begin to appear from the others; I show my displeasure with a singular gesture, and flatly command the secondary intruders to cease.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Curses! Three different people added posts while I was writing this. I had to keep changing it every time. 

IC: Lash.

Momentarily thrown off balance by the heat and shock-wave of the explosion, Lash stumbled against the tunnel wall, her ears ringing. It didn't matter though. For in the momentary flash of the explosion, she saw exactly where Aurum was, courching behind a shield. Blinking rapidly to clear her vision and readjust to the darkness, Lash flicked one of her whips back into her free hand and struck out with both at once.

Shields were good for blocking direct blows, but a whip did not deliver a direct blow, which made it that much more difficult to block. And a shield certainly couldn't easily block two indirect blows coming from opposite directions.

She swung the whips out wide, aiming for the where she recalled Aurum to be, aiming for where she though the edges of the shield were. If her aim was true (and when wasn't it?) the middle section of the whips would strike the edges of the shield, flicking the ends in behind his defenses.

Hoping against hope that her strategy would actually work, Lash was barely aware of Hakann moving past her, addressing an unseen presence further down the in the darkness of the tunnels. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala's eyes were still recovering from the flash of light, but he could make out something appearing in front of him and flying towards the fighters. Additionally, Aurum seemed to have trouble moving.

There's someone here I can't see, Kavala realized with worry.

The bolt strikes loose earth, where Aurum once stood. Vague shadows surge, almost instantly generating enough force to send him sprawling into the attacking Lash, a poetically absurd scene. He currently lays dazed, within arm's reach of his similarly prone ex-comrade. How delightfully derisory.

The detritus finally settles, and I, despite my efforts for the sake of courtesy, begin to laugh, the sound hebetudinous and cacophonic, resonating softly in the recently unsettled earth. As the noise subsides, the lustre of my vision evanesces into void once more.

An interesting manoeuvre, Vortixx. Such a considerable lack of prudence is... refreshing.” I stride between their stunned forms, eyes consuming and categorising any visible damage. “As for your performance, Toa...” I pause over him, smile flickering between genuine and forced, my voice remaining level, impassive in its élan. “I would suggest a greater reaction. Passivity of defense is unbearable.” My eyes remain soulless, unreadable.

I allow the faux-amicable speech to diminish into silence before resuming motion. I gingerly step over the fallen sciolists, and gaze flatly at the newest intrusions.

As for your performance... A most brilliant strategy. Observe and improve. Strike when defenseless.

The farthest shadows move, the flicker almost imperceptible. The grating of steel on stone.

Now, if you would care to introduce yourselves, we can observe the nuances of a proper meeting.

OOC: Extreme apologies for the combat description; if it's unsavory, I can and will change it. Also, please keep the cluster####s reasonable. I almost suffered cardiac arrest after seeing those multiple posts.

Edited by L'Etranger
  • Upvote 2

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Kavala

(Mangaia):

Kavala stepped into the view of Hakann, Lash and Aurum, revealing his black and bulky form, covered with what looked like the rust of infected Kanohi. The dark green eyes glowed dimly behind the visor of his Kaukau. In the intense darkness that lingered in these tunnels, he was almost invisible.

"So, you are one of those who opened the Vault", Kavala said to Hakann as a kind of greeting. "My name is Kavala, of the former Xa-Koro."

He took out his blade, which he called the Sword of Makuta, and leaned on it casually. The sword was covered in dark carvings. The most prominent carving was that of an infected Hau, which resembled Makuta. "I heard you were searching for allies in exchange for some of the secrets of the Vault."

IC:

Aurum wasted no time getting back up, holding an arm out for Lash as well. As the two participants of the Crimson Piraka's bout picked themselves up, the Toa of Iron quickly glanced at the newcomers. One of them must've been a Toa of Gravity; had Hakann not stepped in and sent Aurum launching forwards, the escalated force of gravity would have required him to respond to Lash's attack differently.

Speaking of Lash's attack, the highly thickened vambraces and shoulder armor peeled away, revealing underneath Aurum's original armor. The intention had been to catch Lash's whips with the armored hands, and then send metal blades flying towards the Vortixx from his end of the whip. Now, it seemed, the extra plating was unneeded.

One of them stepped forwards, and almost immediately, the Toa of Iron found himself stricken with an urge not to laugh. News travelled around, and he was able to recognise this figure from one that he'd heard quite a bit of in recent memory - a stupid Toa of Earth who had decided to engage in combat alone against two ships - one used by the most powerful naval force on the island, the other used by one of the most infamous and elusive pirate crews of Mata Nui. End result: The fool was locked up in a cell on the village of floating plants.

"My name is Kavala," Kavala confirmed, "Of the former Xa-Koro."

You're an embarrassment and a cancer, Aurum thought to himself.

Through the process of deduction, the other must've been the Toa of Gravity. Holding within his hands a trimly crafted crossbow, this one added yet another to the number of people with red eyes inside the tunnels of Mangaia. Other than that, there wasn't much that could be discerned; the Toa's cloak concealed the rest.

Aurum spoke next. Stabbing his lance gently into the ground with a small 'clink' to command the attention, he smoothly continued. "I am Aurum."

And that was that.

Edited by JL Zehvor

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Now. This is interesting.

The dark-purpled Toa withdrew his crossbow. His white-hued cloak shimmered into view, as did the rest of Lunefeld. An unassuming staff clutched in his left hand, Lunefeld walked forward.

"News of you and your colleagues'... exploits have garnered much interest. I come to offer my services." No preamble, no advertisement. Just facts should get the enigmatic Skakdi thinking.

IC:

"A fly about to be crushed, if it doesn't fly away now" Lantz said to Joske, loud enough for the figure ahead to hear.

If Joske's maps were correct - which wasn't actually very likely - then the pair were very nearly at the cache of power Makuta had locked away in Mangaia, and Lantz was not about to let an annoying pest keep him from it.

"Listen hear, Lesterin scum, " Lantz began as the being was more fully illuminated by the lighstone, "we have travelled a ways to get here, through this treacherous maze. We were prepared to deal with any Rahkshi that sought to kill us, so we aren't exactly frightened by your misguided warnings. Move away and let us pass this instant, or we will destroy you."

Lantz looked at Joske, a questioning look on his face.

"I'm sorry, will destroy you. My partner here doesn't have a stomach for blood" Lantz said with a smirk. 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"Warriors, mercenaries, entrepreneurs..." such descriptions are insipid; these are children, capable of little more than being broken across the knee of Reidak. Their farce of battle almost led to a structural collapse. "Tell me, all of you, what do you expect to pay? My altruism, as hard as this may be to accept, has limits."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC

Toa Joske

You're right; I don't. At least not here, if it can be helped." I shot back, my voice hard. The edge in my voice was surprisingly sharp, enough to freeze that smirk on Lantz face and show that I was quite serious. "I  came down here to seek the Vault like you; that much we agree on. I am even willing to knock a few thug heads and happily dispatch any vile creature we encounter. I draw the line at warning hermits."

I lowered my voice. "He is just doing what he feels is his duty; there is no rational reason to simply kill him for that when either diplomacy or restraining him would serve just as well. Let us be reasonable here and move along."

Not to mention I'll try to stop you, I thought coldly.

IC:

"A hermit? In the heart of Mangaia? Don't be so naive, Joske. Oh he might seem like a nice crazy Lesterin giving helping advice and warnings, but if you've learned anything during the time Makuta assailed Mata-Nui you would know appearances can be deceiving. Weakness would show that being we can be preyed upon, while strength will make it turn away" Lantz told the Toa of Fire.

The fact was Lantz still needed Joske, at least for a little while more. After they reached the Vault Lantz would have no qualms dispatching the noble Toa hero if it came to it, and he would enjoy it. As it was, a battle now would involve fighting two opponents, and while Lantz had faced worse odds before, tunnels full of Rahkshi was not the ideal location to be wounded.

"We can try it your way, for now. But if that ridiculous hermit tries to stop us, I will stop him" Lantz growled.

He raised his voice again so that the Lesterin could clearly him.

"Like I said before, move aside Lesterin."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"Arvun-My name is Arvun," he said, releasing his grip upon his sword-handle. These people, he figured, hadn't killed him yet. They weren't threats, or at the least, they were trying not to seem so. He let his arms relax, and go to his side. It alarmed him, the thought of going to the vault, the dark chamber Makuta hid from all, and guarded with a robot, of all things. Arv maintained a vague curiosity of the place, but refused to venture below for fear of his life. These two might not stand a chance, if the rumors of cults of horrible cultists down in The Vault were true. He didn't want to be the one responsible for them being killed.

Yet, they considered him crazy. They grey one, at least.

"I'm not a hermit, I don't live in this wretched tomb, " Arv said, in a firm voice. "I mean you no harm, and I will not stop you. And I presume you two are heading to-his vault, If I may ask, can I join you two? I think it'd be safer."

These explorers-they might have attracted something to the area. Arv had a feeling he'd have to go with them, or face whatever they might have attracted alone.

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

Lantz eyed the Lesterin with distrust.  If there was anyplace to find a liar it was here in Makuta's tunnels - Lantz himself was here, after all - and Lesterin weren't entirely trustworthy, if the rumours of a Lesterin pirate roaming around the waters of Ga-Koro were true. Joske seemed set on being nice and polite to the stranger, and while Lantz didn't agree with his methods, it would help to keep the Ta-Toa happy for the time being.  The Toa of gravity kept a hand on one of his swords as he called out Arvun.

"The more the merrier. But why don't you walk a little ahead of us, you seem to know your way around here. By the way, why do you take strolls down here? Are you suicidal, or just plain stupid?"

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

"Looks like I flushed out the roaches." Lash mused, folding up her whips and hanging them back on the hooks on her armour. "I knew we couldn't be the only ones down here. You can call me Lash." she added to the newcomers. 

"Warriors, mercenaries, entrepreneurs..." Hakann trailed off, taking in the two newcomers. 

"Could you add backstabbing vultures to that list?" Lash asked, noting the crossbow bolt embedded in the wall where Aurum had standing before he'd slammed into her, and the matching weapon in the new Toa's possession. "Not that I'm saying that's necessarily a bad thing." she felt obliged to clarify. she'd backstabbed more than her fair share of beings in her time. 

"Tell me, all of you, what do you expect to pay?" Hakann ignored her, "My altruism, as hard as this may be to accept, has limits."

"I wasn't expecting to pay anything..." Lash admitted, "my understanding was that you guys wanted followers, which I took to mean that you would be paying us." 

I give the others time and silence to appreciate the Vortixx's mistake. Countenance unperturbed, I speak calmly, posture rigid. "Followers?" the word is insultingly ludicrous, but no indication of disparagement escapes the breadth of my gentility. "You come for weapons and plunder. The acolyte does not determine their loyalty." The shadows' occupants shift agitatedly, unseen movements pointedly vehement. "Prove your consecration. I will not bequeath power until devotion is clear." Such a myriad variety of possible commands; evaluate response and decide.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

"I come down here little, let me say," Arvun said, his tone hinting of sadness. "Many memories come back, down in Mangaia. I find sometimes I must come down to reflect upon them."

Turning cautiously, he said, "It's fine, me taking the front. I've walked these tunnels before, but I will admit I haven't been quite near the vault."

He walked slightly to the front of Joske and Lantz. There weren't much sounds, save that of their footsteps. Joske's lightstone illuminated several feet in front, but the rest of the tunnel loomed pitch black. The walls were spacious, but their black stone seemed to consume the light. The floor, however, seemed to cracked and uneven, compared to the smoothness around them. He felt unnerved in general.

"Followers? You come for weapons and plunder. The acolyte does not determine their loyalty." Okay, so the crazy killer skakdi may have had a point there, Lash was forced to admit. She knew she was awful at predicting how other beings thought, and Hakann's response to her rather innocent remark just confirmed it. "Prove your consecration. I will not bequeath power until devotion is clear."

"You know what, we could spend the next month down here guessing and making pointless suggestions, but how about we just cut to the chase." Lash cut in. She was growing tired of his mind games. "Instead of all of us making empty offers as proof of "consecration", how about you just tell us what you want? What will it take for all of us to convince you that we'll devote ourselves to your cause?" 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC:

"Instead of all of us making empty offers as proof of "consecration", how about you just tell us what you want? What will it take for all of us to convince you that we'll devote ourselves to your cause?" 

Aurum already knew the response; at least, a little piece of it.

"The being who genuflects before my presence, grasping the heart, shall be worthy. You may begin."

Of course, Hakann had spared them the need to cut each other's heart out, but nonetheless, he was still clear what he wanted. This Piraka wasn't altruistic. He was sick, broken, twisted. An being who would much rather blow himself up than let others discover that a heart existed during an autopsy. A person who had no moral compass, who had no compassion for others. Any niceties he gave were only mind games that he planned for those around him in his ploy for.....what? What did he want? Aurum couldn't figure that bit out. He was a genius psychopath who clearly had power, who clearly had faith in his power, and who clearly believed his power would topple even the bravest that dared to face him.

And despite all clear indications that serving this guy would end in pain and suffering, Aurum knew the correct course of action for him.

The Toa of Iron slowly dropped to one knee, head facing downwards, both hands still gripping the handle of his lance.

"You have the Makuta's favor; a fact spoken by the Abettor itself. Within those words, there is more than enough reason to consecrate my will, my arms, my weapons, for you."

Edited by JL Zehvor
  • Upvote 1

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The intiative duo's sequence of propositions and statements ebb slowly into silence. I allow them to brood over their combination of hauteur and poorly-concealed conniving.   "I asked for a heart, Vortixx. I instructed you to provide bloodshed. You furnished us only with structural damage." My posture changes slightly; the rigidity transmutes into a sublty conveyed strenuosity. "As for you, Toa..." The words are whispered as I slowly approach, ending as I stand within arm's reach.

"A sagacious choice." My gaze consumes him, analysing with cryptic stolidity. I turn to this otiose conglomeration's remainder, movement slow, locomotion premediated. "Emulate the proffered paradigm; kneel, and comprehend the connotations of your action."

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Did Hakann devour a dictionary? I had to double-check a thesaurus to make sure I interpreted his instructions correctly. :)  

Lash was very good at suppressing her emotions, so she swallowed her pride and did as Hakann bid. Following Aurum's example, she went down on one knee and bowed her head, removing her weapons from their holsters and laying them down before her. She kept hr hands splayed over them, ready to strike out if things went awry. If that happened, though, she had a feeling the skakdi wouldn't give her a chance to defend herself. 

She didn't say any words, though. A silent act of submission felt more realistic to her. There was no need for flowery promises or displays of faith. She wasn't a Makuta worshipper. She was a mercenary. Besides, the only words that came to her mind were "are you happy now?" which didn't seem a good choice. Antagonising Hakann further wouldn't be good for her long-term health. 

She kept her head down as Hakann turned his attention to her, and waited silently for whatever would happen next. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy