BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Watcha name, princess? I'm Dorian Shaddix, best merc this side of the Endless Sea. Got any plans after this scrape, or can I heroically take you back to my place? It's just as wonderful as I look."

Reordin couldn't spare a look at first, busy capitalizing on the new Toa's arrival and pressing forward against the Rahkshi of Fear. The red-armored creature shrieked angrily, a sound that could break warriors in seconds or turn mercs into fleeing dots on the horizon no matter how much money they were offered; the shrill cry was enough to send anyone's spine shivering. But Reo was the Toa Maru of Ice, heir to Kopaka and pride of the Sanctum Guard.

Only one thing in that tunnel would make him shiver: the way Leah walked.

The Rahkshi batted at him with its staff, ready to flick the Toa away; Reordin checked with his left axe and then went high with his right, cutting a small notch into the creature's shoulder before he was driven back again. When he slid backwards, dust kicked up in the air, and Reordin grouped the tunnel debris together with some small chunks of hail and flicked them obnoxiously into the Rahkshi's armor. Brandishing his axe around one hand, he skidded to a halt besides Leah and looked over with a dry half-smile -- before his eyes caught the new Toa. Instantly, he knew enough to know he wasn't Dorian Shaddix (wanted posters across Ko-Koro could have attested to that) but it took him a second to realize who exactly the Toa was...and what exactly he was wasting his time doing.

The Toa looked up at him and grinned. Maybe there's a little Dorian in him after all.

Reordin Maru swung on his foot and punched Joske hard in the face, sending him reeling. The Toa of Not-Fire reeled back with an oomph, backing away, away...and then further away. Suddenly, the deputy of the Maru knew the gameplan, and what Joske's goal was.

Oh.

Oh!

Oh.

It was Reordin's turn to smile, before he hit Joske in the stomach and sent him doubling over.

It's all out of love, brother.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hormd Gronjkr- Kini Nui

IC: "If I had to guess I would say that our silent friend here is a follower of Mata Nui like us."

A heave later and the large rock was with a pile of similarly sized boulders.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

I went stumbling down the hallway, my figure disappearing into the tunnel's all-encompassing darkness. I wouldn't exactly call it a clean getaway, but at least the Maru hadn't blown my cover, my plan intact... though I would need to have a talk with Reo once all this was sorted out.

Talk about taking one for the team.

As I predicted Leah simply rolled with it, giving me the put-down and asking for help in the same breath from this sudden newcomer. Whether she recognized me or not it wasn't clear by her facial features, but I had a hard time believing she hadn't put two and two together. She played her part perfectly, seeing this new "ally" coming at the right possible moment.

Then Reo reacted...

When he skitted over the dry half-smile was clear evidence enough that he did not appreciate the fact that I was "hitting" on Leah. I was not expecting that - I didn't realize there was more than the standard professional relationship between the two, let alone this suave stranger, which produced a grin on my part. But before I could contemplate this new revelation further, I saw the flicker in his eyes as he finally put together my identity-

And immediately did a low swing with his leg, using the distraction to strike me in the face with his fist... hard.

I reeled backwards with an audible complaint, more realistic than acting with that blow. Clearly the relationship between the two must be more progressed than I thought if he was being this pointed. I backed away, away...and then I made sure to take an extra step further away as if to completely regain my balance, though I knew he knew I did not require it. A risk, but I needed him to know I was just acting...

His face barely flickered, but I saw it in his mask: things suddenly clicking. Thank Mata-Nui he understands!

And then it was his turn to smile... which was far more savage than I cared to accept.

Easy Reo...

He pounced forward, fist flying forward as it connected with my stomach. I doubled over, all air from my lungs forcibly ejected as his other armed pulled back, the blunt end of his axe giving me the backhanded slap as the follow up. I went flying backwards, ears ringing as I landed and rolled away, stumbling back to my feet as I staggered down the smooth corridor. To his credit Reo merely clipped me with his weapon, but it was hard enough to make my head spin for a moment and make a small dong as metal came into contact with metal. Once the stars passed I found myself quite a distance down the passage, the fight a long ways away as the Toa Maru of Ice rejoined combat.

I had helped and hindered both sides... kind of... and now found myself away from the fight with my real identity still in question and my vocation still for the most part merc-ish. I was now free to enact the second part of my plan, though I had far more injuries than I was banking on. I thought back to his face as he clobbered me the second time.

Thanks a lot Reo... brotherly love my butt. One day I will be more than happy to return that favor... ouch.

Taking a breath I forced myself away from the fight, limping down the tunnel as I walked off the injury. I hated to leave them behind, especially considering how much I knew about who and what they were fighting, but I couldn't afford to. Not now. I needed to remove Zaktan's eye on me before I met with them as a friend, and for that I needed help.

Professional help.

And I happen to know a professional... a Toa of Iron I happen to be masquerading as. I needed the guy I was playing. Oh, the irony-

Iron. Toa of Iron. Irony...

As I burst out into sunlight after what felt like an eternity I nearly slapped myself. Ok, these bad jokes need to stop Joske.

Yeah right.

I knew he had an apartment in my old hometown. Maybe I'll get lucky and find him there... or at least a lead to his whereabouts.

OOC: Joske to Ta-Koro

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: (Arvun)

Arvun raised his blade to defend himself against the Rahkshi. He kept his kukri in his other hand, and kept down.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC:

Zaktan's Rahkshi didn't stay at the top of the corkscrew stairs for long. After Joske ran through them, snagging Ishi on his way, the four creatures began their descent, with the Rahkshi of Darkness spreading its influence like ink before the party. The Rahkshi of Teleportation, meanwhile, separated itself from the group as it appeared instantaneously at the far end of the atrium chamber, far behind the area of conflict and so out of sight of the fighters. From within a shady niche, the Rahkshi took stock of its targets, waiting for an ideal time to appear. Meanwhile, Poison and Adaptation stayed beneath Darkness' umbrella, and the three strafed over to the Maru's flank.

From behind the shield of shadow, the Rahkshi of Poison and Adaptation sprung on Leah and Reordin. Poison trapped the end of Leah's twirling staff in the barbs of its own, then aimed a kick at her gut; Adaptation, attacking from the side opposite Hakann's Fear, chopped at Reordin's knees. Darkness continued to fill the air before it with whirling shade, a smokescreen that would enable it to move with impunity within that area, and Teleportation chose its moment, appearing behind the distracted Sulov and bringing its staff down, spear-like, at the Toa of Earth's hulking back.

test2.png

IC: (Arvun/Mangaia)

He had to help the Maru, sword in one hand, Kukri in the other, Arv rushed forward. He tried to remain as cautious as he could in this situation, coming behind Sulov, and swinging his blade at the teleportation Rahkshi's legs. He prayed to disable the thing, at the least.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Pain. Pain like Makuta telling me I'm wrong, pain like Oru's knee in my groin, pain like Tarnok chopping my hand off.

Pain always mine. Given to shoulder before I can remember, before I knew what a weight is.

What does that make me?

Sulov Maru, Onua's essence, Crucible fighter, exile, Ussalman (dishonorably discharged), Tarakava champion, farmer, Koskium. My pain was earned as that.

You. Paining my thoughts. Telling me to surrender.

Are you what I am?

No.

Keep that pain-

-to yourself.

I clench on the gun and balance my right arm's trying to move it up with my left ceramics' pushing it down. No sound, this mess is eyes only. I look by the pillar-

Shock of pain.

I can't concentrate for aim at Mind Reading. I go like Lewa: Treespeak jerkknee reactioninstinctive.

The next shock flings my soul out, into the gouge I shot in the stairs, where I saw Rahkshi, second shock, I pry the steps open, another shock and I swing my claws to send all tumbling down.

And I'm back.

Panrahk swinging = target = point-blank = fire twice. Feel something on the ground behind, spin and put left arm up, catch a staff on my Toa Tool and am pressed back.Pivot and back to the wall to keep all in range of vision. I ready to fire with right hand and prep my left to parry.

Edited by Own Personal Quixote
  • Upvote 1

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Ishi Polzin

Mangaia was filled with the commotion of heated battle.  The echoes crashed against the walls and rushed up side tunnels like waves on a rocky beach spraying their foam into the air: the sound was palpable.  Ishi lingered where Joske had dropped him, the back of his shoulder aching from the sudden tumble on an old wound.  He placed a palm on the shoulder half expecting to feel the tell-tale circuitry and burnt tissue of when he received the scar, but instead he found nothing.  The pain was entirely fictitious.  

"Rahkshi," Ishi murmured as he slunk further back.  Somehow their immense powers had leeched into his mind without seeing him as a target.  Never having observed any of the fierce beasts up close in action, the informant realized it may be far better if the trend continued.   He kept to the walls of Mangaia, doggedly avoiding conflict as best he could.  Rubble from the falling stairs crashed and rolled past, and the darkness was broken with the lights and distortions of elemental combat.  He made a break for the mouth of the Dark Walk leading to Ko-Wahi, miraculously getting to the entrance unscathed.  He didn't stop there.

The dikapi Ishi'd used for the past week and a half was waiting uncomfortably a few yards down the tunnel.  The rahi would have fled at the sound of fighting if not for the strong knot tying its bridle to the wall.  Ishi pulled out the hitch and tacked off the wall-face to land in the saddle.  Behind him the sounds of fighting grew more urgent.  

"Go Urugi," Ishi commanded as loud as he dared, which was little more than a vicious hiss.  He snapped the reins and the bird spend off into the dark.  As he led Urugi through the tunnels toward their destination the Informant continued to mull over Joske's final words.  Was there a trap in Ta-Koro, or answers?  Ishi would find out...

But in his own way.

OOC:  Ishi to Ko-Wahi

OOC: Wrote something, realized I could take it somewhere else, and it felt a lot more natural for Vezok.

Ah well, such is life.

IC: Vezok

My eyes flared to life with a gleam that was not unlike that seen when I blasted apart an obstruction.  Of course, I didn't blast apart the being before me, not yet at least.  He was proving to be more useful by the second.  Of course, he gave the short speech that they all give, oh it wasn't the same as the others', not quite.  The same hate, lust for power, and more importantly, rage, was there.  Someday, I'd have to thank the former Master of Shadows for providing such a variety of opportunities.

"You tell me," I said in return, not answering the question, "Have we entered The Vault?"

His answer would be far more useful to me than mine to him.

• Upvote 1

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Leah):

The Toa of water had had no time to dwell on what in Karzhani's name had just happened between her, Joske and Reordin.

Just as expected, the lack of visibility had indeed been a field of shadows, holding more Rahkshi in store for the Toa Maru. Distracted by Fear, one of the monsters got the jump on her. The poison Rahkshi's staff had her own polearm locked tightly between its prongs, but before the Toa could use her martial arts prowess to get it free, she was winded and knocked back by a forceful kick to her abdomen. She gasped as the air was driven from her lungs but the armor prevented any internal damage. But she managed to hold onto her weapon and in the process of getting being forced backwards by the power of the kick, the interlocked tips of the two staffs had been brought down. Her bo-staff was now aiming at the green-armored Rahkshi and without hesitation Leah unleashed a blast of water at the creature, strong enough to go through a concrete wall.

• Upvote 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Traur

"Well?"

Traur said nothing.

"Traur? What's it look like?"

"... Bad."

Shakily: "Oh."

Silence.

"Can you--?"

"No."

Traur moved slowly and aimlessly, his eyes fixed on the ground. Step. Step. Step.

His legs, as always, ached. It wasn't painful, exactly, but annoying. And annoying was good. It kept his mind occupied.

Traur wasn't entirely sure where he was, but he knew that the trees were a welcome sight compared to the endless swaths of snow from which he had come the day before. The sound of wildlife filled the air. It was almost peaceful.

After some time, Traur noticed that there no more trees on either side of him. Curious, he lifted his head for the first time since he had set out. Looming before him in the clearing was a large structure that looked very much like a temple. It took a moment for the name to come, but when it did, Traur quietly said, "Kini-Nui."

The temple had seen better days. Some rubble was littered about. What caught Traur's attention, however, was the pile of boulders. He couldn't imagine their purpose; despite some similarities with his own, he was still unfamiliar with some of Matoran culture.

He stayed near the tree line and started circling to his left, scanning the clearing. After he had gone some feet, he saw three individuals previously obscured by the boulders. It looked like a Toa and two Matoran. They seemed to be facing the temple.

In that moment, Traur realized that he missed the company of others. He didn't feel comfortable approaching them, however, so he stayed where he was, his hands clasped behind his back.

OOC: Traur open for interaction.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC:

Lantz glared at the Piraka greedily, and with awe. Here was a creature that, like he, didn't care for such simple things as the dichotomies of good and evil, light and dark. The Piraka was renown for their chaos, their selfishness and their power. Yes, power was the most important part, the only thing that really mattered on the Spirit-forsaken island of Mata-Nui. Power was the measure of Toa, Skakdi and Lesterin alike.

Noise echoed around the tunnels, sounds of metal on metal and strange words reached the pair in the shadows. Lantz moved his head slightly, straining to discover the exact nature of events nearby. It proved a fruitless task, but still it told him much.

There was fighting going on, and Lantz could already imagine between whom, over what.

"Yes, you have. I don't think you Piraka are as stupid as most other Skakdi, so you'd not have gone to the Vault unless you had some way of entering. Unless you thought to blow it open, but I think that unlikely" Lantz said with a grin. "No, you've entered Makuta's playground and stolen his toys. Oh, and what valuable toys they must be."

Lantz nodded behind him, towards the source of the fighting. 

"What would it take to make you part with them?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: So, very, very sorry for this taking so long and being of such low quality. Hopefully I'll have more time to respond quickly to future posts.

-IC:-

Bleeding continues to subside; muscular tissue seems to have sustained relatively minor damage. Consider possible opponent tactical responses: remove self, incapacitate high-power Rahkshi, and target stairs. Observe Mind-Reading's success and respond accordingly.

The sudden arrival of darkness suggests Zaktan's presence. Whether it is to observe my possible demise or assist is unknown; presume assistance (I suspect he would be satisfied with percieving corpses). Break Rahkshi's concentration, and move? No; It appears to be still striving for destruction.

Lava Sphere approaching maximum size. I quickly arrange my bandoleers for ease of weapon access and holstering. Metalline idols, frigidly sacred. Wasting time. Need to be unpredictable. Thermal vision allows me to see all combat occuring; a most enlightening surveillance.

Two new participants, arriving from overhead; the Toa respond with a bizarre combination of amiability and violence. Zaktan's Rahkshi disperse.

One of the Maru begins to spin their weapon. The motion suggests concentration; I have only a fraction of a moment to begin moving before possible offense occurs. I push myself partially erect with the Launcher-wielding hand, partially shielding my face and torso with the other. Something else is trying to destroy the staircase as well, dissembling its structure in crude, unfocused waves of energy. The Rahkshi's task has taken enough time. Other targets can be found.

The water explodes with a beautiful symmetry, sending the tremendous weight of the metallic exosuit into the air. Even as it approaches the peak of its forced ascension, its eyes regain their cold calculation, and it seamlessly continues the movement into flight. I avoid a massive stone, hurled by the spout, with a graceful lean, silent as I endure pelting by a shower of earth and light excoriations by the smaller fragments of broken rock. Staircase still jittery, I stand, balancing my weight mostly onto a singular leg despite the uncertainty of the terrain, and leap off of the stairs' edge. For a millisecond, there is weightlessness, which quickly progresses into a fall. Thankfully, I feel the Rahkshi's terrible grip seize my midsection before contact, allowing me to be set upon the earth, opposite the battle, with relative gentleness.

Partial success; staircase dismounted. I whisper Ko-Toa rapidly, wary of the Toa's unusual Mask and its potential use. No commands for the other Rahkshi now; pure offense. The others will certainly take advantage of the Maru's situation.

Lava Launcher: maximum power. Equip Zamor Launcher, load in Jitter sphere. I take a testing step. Pain, exquisite and profound. Movement speed reduced; agility of torso and uninjured leg must compensate. I take a defensive position behind a stalagmite, thermographic vision still active.

The Rahkshi of Mind Reading, having saved its master from imminent danger, focused on its target. In the slightest of moments, it discerned his mind from the others; it recognised its rough shape and the vague silhouettes of the emotions and thoughts surging through it. The blast would come suddenly, as he raised weapons to block or parry; a measured, concentrated burst of energy that would continue as long as possible, a protracted torture. It twirled its staff absentmindedly, no longer fully distracted with attempts of control; disruption would pause the mental blasts, but the Makutaspawn would still be able to react.

Fear had been assaulted not once but three times; his construct of terror had been down for too long for him to suddenly revive it while being targeted and rebuffed. The Ga-Toa's prod, producing only a slight dent, had knocked the flying Son of Makuta off-course, and the suddenly arriving Toa's disk had forced it to rapidly dodge. Now, the Toa of Ice was engaging in melee combat, his movements practiced and powerful. Between blows and parrys, the Rahkshi schemed, its thoughts primordial amd vehement. A subtle energy coursed from it to its opponent, enough to cause unrest and slight confusion; it would use this to land a physical blow with its Staffs of Fear, allowing a sudden surge of disabling fear. The other Rahkshi's offense would help; as his opponent dealt with the other, it would strike, movements measured and devastating. Until then, it would circle; with a shriek, it took to the air, out of the axes' reach. An opportunity, no matter how small, how minute, would be enough.

The Insect Control and Ice Resistance Rahkshi, having spent the last few moments maneuvering and analysing, were prepared. Their opponents had revealed their defenses, their instincts and reaction speeds; they had shown basic attack patterns and response variations. Information was garnered; it was time to strike.

Unnervingly silent for a Rahkshi, the yellow-black Insect Control, chest distorted from the acid that had managed to reach that area, and legs slightly weakened, attacked, using the Ga-Toa's concentration and vulnerability to its advantage. Staff twirling much like Leah's had moments earlier, it moved with a fluid and terrifying grace, advancing with a single, frighteningly efficacious stride to strike Leah with a horizontal swipe from the back (which, if possible, would be carried into a thrust to wherever she moved), the attack unleashed as she began to generate the jet of water.

In the ceiling of the cavern and of the tunnel where Sulov and the others were fighting, the sound of moving earth crescendoed, and then fell silent. Insectoid and arthropodan Rahi burst from two newly-constructed passageways. Large, loose clouds of softly buzzing insects filled the space around the tunnels' entrances, and much larger Rahi could be heard moving from above, slow and powerful.

Its posture powerful and destructive, Ice Resistance, the only Rahkshi to completely avoid the acid, roared with the greatest and most terrifying rage of the ten Rahkshi present. Its power was passive, situational and comparatively weak; to survive, it had been the greatest melee combatant among its wild kin, a maelstorm of blades and ferocity. It could not make foes tremble or steal their strength, but it could, and most often would, skewer them before defenses could be made. Making no unnecessary movements, eyes cold and unshifting, it rose to the cavern's ceiling, circling with moderate speed. Neither of the Toa would have the chance to enjoy any minor victory; the moment they managed to dodge an attack or put distance between their opponents, the dark green of the Rahkshi would plummet from the air and tear into its foe with all the fury and speed of an enraged Muaka.

Sulov's shots were panicked and reactionary, responses to a rushing airborne target already upon him; the momentary aiming of the firearm forced the Rahkshi's flight into a turn mid-strike, sending it lower, towards the floor. The Maru's first shot skimmed the Rahkshi's spine armour, denting it in passing contact before ricocheting away, and the second shot managed only to deflect off of one of its spines, warping the metal. The shots modified the movement of the Rahkshi, taking its attacks far out of combat range, and allowing it to reconsider its actions. The Panrahk would exercise caution now; it knew that blinding, dangerous speed was the way to avoid the potentially fatal shots. As the Maru parried the teleportation Rahkshi's blow, the Panrahk rapidly rose to the tunnel's ceiling, still manoeuvring, careful not to remain stationary as it aimed its staff at the earthen floor around the Maru. Energy coursed through the staff's head, sending roughly contained explosive power into the dirt where Sulov was fighting. As the Maru pivoted into the corner, ready for defense, the Panrahk activated the energy. Unconvinced that the behemoth of a Toa would be defeated, it directed more energy into the earth around the original target, simultaneously moving back out of melee range. If the monstrous Toa moved, it would repeat the offensive.

Silence was not a berserker; it was a tactician. Expecting a water attack from the rushing Toa, the Rahkshi turned a charge into a crouch, narrowly missing the blast of steam aimed for the Kraata. It could feel the spines affected by the attack grow slightly hotter; the sensation alerted it to the strange nature of this opponent's powers. Giving its opponent no time for a successful continuation of the attack, it extended its staff out as far as possible, in a sweeping strike to the legs, the momentum of its partial slide carrying it within range. Regardless of the attack's success, Silence would then stand and continue the offensive, moving sideways and circling, pressing the Toa away from its comrades.

OOC: For the sake of convenience, a list of acid damage for each Rahkshi:

Fragmentation: Feet / lower leg armour slightly thinned (practically none).

Ice Resistance: None.

Fear: Feet considerably weakened, lower leg armour slightly-to-moderately thinned.

Insect Control: Chest weakened, legs moderately weakened.

Silence: Leg armour thinned.

Mind Control: Lower legs, feet weakened.

Once again, sorry for how bad this post is; PM when/if you notice mistakes, I'll fix them as soon as possible.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Minor hit on Adaption approved by Nuju.

IC:

Reordin lucked out; the Rahkshi had grown cautious, the foul slug in its head scheming away against the Toa of Ice while its brother took the brunt of the work on assaulting him. The Toa of Ice had weaved through enough fast-moving targets even as a Matoran to dodge a strike, especially while his opponent did him the courtesy of leaping into the air. Concentrating on the hard ground underneath him he created a slick, wide sheet of ice and shot backwards on it, holding out his axes in front of him to slow his ascend and pebble the footing the Rahkshi of Adaption would need to move forward against him. The Rahkshi of Fear's strike went wide, neatly shearing the Rahkshi of Adaption's leg a little. The creature swooped to touch down and Reordin brought his mental focus to the forefront again; along his elemental construct spikes of varying, erratic lengths shot up, moving to spear the Rahkshi through several joints (and its ugly, toothy helmet) and immobilize it. 

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Leah):

The odds were against them, that much was clear. Joske's sudden appearance and disappearance had done little to help with that, in fact, by the way things looked right now their opponents had used the time to resposition and renew their attack. Could they win this? Unclear. 

Situational awareness was key. And they would have it. It took only a fraction of Leah's power. There was no manipulation involved, she just reached out and located all concentrations of water in the room. There was the ground water, several metres down below their feet, but above ground, she now had tabs on all combatants -or more precisely, the water in their organic tissue. Reordin, Sulov, Hakann and also the water inside the slimy bodies of the Kraata piloting the Rahkshi.

As it turned out the thought had come to her at just the right moment, as it told her that one of the opponents was approaching her rapidly from behind, just as the poison Rahkshi was dealt with, at least for the time being. The new attacker was too close for an effective counter, but not close enough to cancel out her reaction time. With the speed and agility of a born leaf-runner, the Toa of water dropped onto all fours. The Rahkshi's swipe with its staff turned from a lethal strike into a grazing hit across her back armour, drawing sparks as metal scraped over metal and leaving scratches in her armor and a bruise on the tissue underneath from the impact. The force of the strike carried the staff further, away from her body. Leah immediately used the opening, slightly raising one leg and blasting another high-powered jet of water at the Rahkshi of insect control.

Without pause, she sprung back to her feet, reaching out with her powers once more, this time focusing on the spot where she had summoned the blast of water before to draw the mind reading Rahkshi away from Sulov. Summoning forth the groundwater once more, four continuous streams erupted from the ground like serpents, racing through the air and homing in on the Rahkshi of insect control, poison, mind reading and fragmentation.

• Upvote 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Since I don't know when other people will have time to post, and I don't want people to have to wait longer than they have to, going to go ahead and post just as the Rahkshi dealing with Leah and Reo. I trust you all not to take advantage of the warped chronology.

-IC:-

Reordin's attacks, as proficient and cunning as ever, would have been most effective against an opponent with intention of not flying. The ice spikes generated by the Ko-Toa's attack only grazed the Turahk's metallic feet, who did not land as the Ko-Toa hoped, but stayed in the air, still circling and cautious. Its opponent momentarily vulnerable from the concentration, the Turahk released the Fear energy it had been accumulating into a massive and sustained blast at Reordin, carefully maneuvering to stay out of the reach of attacks.

Leah's counteroffensive collided with the Insect Control Rahkshi as it was circling for another blow, hitting the side of its chest and sending it sliding back and away. After seeing the Toa generate so many blasts of water, the Rahkshi was not unprepared; its prior movement had mitigated most of the direct force, and had sent it out of the water jet's path; it could, and did, continue the offensive while still able. With speed and precision similar to the Ga-Toa, the Rahkshi controlled the Rahi it had mobilised; two swarms of insectoids already descending from the ceiling tunnel were directed to the Ga-Toa, dizzyingly fast and chaotic in their flight pattern. Upon contact, the insects would either sting or bite, depending on their species; the minute stinger-wielders would send electricity into their target, fairly mild coming from a single insect, but horrible and debilitating from the myriad insects composing the swarm attack her. The other insects, larger than their fellow attackers, were just as swift in their attacks on the Toa's lower body, their bites greatly painful.

Ice Resistance's waiting had been justified; the Toa of Water had just launched an attack requiring considerable concentration; a fraction of a second's positioning, and the Rahkshi was only a few centimeters behind Leah, positioned nearly directly above . As the insects attacked, Ice Resistance dropped from nearly 1.5 meters above, bringing its staff down slightly below its feet. The silent drop should prove highly damaging, but if it failed to contact, the Rahkshi had little concern; it would continue in rapid and devastating offensives, designed specifically for this opponent, the exploitation of her weaknesses, and the mitigation of her advantages.

Mind Reading was prepared to begin the mental offensive on Reordin just as the elemental construct surged towards it from across the cavern; it adroitly transferred the prepared energy from the Ko-Toa to the Ga-Toa, blasting Leah with a  near-maximum strength mental blast, more than capable of removing the concentration required for the elemental attack.

OOC: Seeing how the Panrahk is farther away from the staircase's base than the others, I'll combine that response in with later posts. Apologies in advance if any of this post is incorrect.

Edited by L'Etranger

pNNgXax.jpg

Ic:

They quickly jumped out of immeadiate danger, the two personalities already bickering on how to fight the rahkshi.

It's just going to dodge our attacks, we have to be smart about this, Arden noted, moving back to prepare the proper attack, only to find herself running forward as Aeolus rushed the Rahkshi, waiting until they were close enough to emit a cloud of boiling steam in their immeadiate area.

Hopefully it would catch the rahkshi unawares.

• Upvote 1

IC: Asuno

Outside the Kini-Nui Temple

A day's and night's journey brought Asuno to the front steps of the Temple that served for ages as the heart of the island.

A penitent Toa of Sonics couldn't bring himself to step into the hallowed structure. He couldn't bear to, especially after he failed his charges.

He fell to his knees and crumpled, praying some gibberish hoping whatever inside could make sense of him and grant him what he couldn't grant himself.

He stayed there for a minute, prostrating himself. When he least expected it, a bolt of lightning was thrown from the heavens and struck him. 
  He became hyperaware, seeing himself dissolve for several moments, yet feeling no pain. He knew he had no choice, and cared not. 

He released himself from whatever chains he felt he had within, knowing that the sheer power of electricity would absolve him.

And just before he was gone completely, a thought struck his head. 
    He was a Toa. He had resilience rivaling the strongest races on the island. Electricity was powerful, but it couldn't dissolve a Toa whole...

"What-"

Before he could capture any understanding, the strange lightning stroke consumed him. Not a stray atom of even his mask remained in Kini-Nui. 

OOC: Asuno is dead. I'm making a new character to replace him.

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

IC: Dayeth.

Dayeth had found a nastily-coloured lightstone, and with a little effort, managed to pry it off the wall, using it to illuminate her path down into the tunnel. After a while, she came across a dead Rahkshi, one that seemed to have been almost ripped apart. One arm was gone, the leg was shredded, and it had a giant hole in its chest.

Even the Sons of Makuta couldn't stand before the might of those determined to reach the vault, it seemed. Soon, she would join them in discovering the goods Makuta had left behind, or so she hoped. 

She walked for what felt like hours, before stopping in a side tunnel and sitting down to rest. Looking around, she found the grisly remains of a long-dead matoran. She had no idea who they were or what they had been doing down here, nor did she care. Ripping off her own mask and crushing it underfoot, she took the dead matoran's Volitak and silvery armour for herself, thus changing her appearance. It wasn't much of a disguise, but it would hopefully hold out agaisnt cursory scrutiny if she ever ran into one of the defenders of the hospital again.  

Finally, she let herself drift off to sleep, exhaustion carrying her away into yet another violent, pleasant dream...

OOC: Just realised that the mask Dayeth currently wears isn't on the approved list, so I though it best to get rid of it, and change her appearance at the same time. I hope this is a permissible way to do that IC. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Darvin

From his balcony he had watched the group enter kini-nui. To be honest he dreaded ever having to go in there, and hoped with all his being he would never have to. Afterall he was reasonably safe within his treehouse here, that served as his office. He had plenty of bula berries to last him, and not to mention his rain collecting system for clean drinking water. If the island really did go to karzahni as so much of the island believed, he could be reasonably safe.

That is unless someone decided to light the tree on fire, then he may infact run into issues, but there was no use worrying about what could be. Afterall he had a duty to do, and that was to provide news of this region, and bake muffins.

OOC: Darvin open for interaction, Though if you do interact with him, please let me know in a pm or something since I am not currently watching this topic closesly.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: Mortem from Le-Wahi...

IC: (Mortem)

After spending a total of two days resting in the healer's hut in Le-Koro, Venemi had given him some food and let him keep the knife he had found in the Nuju-Marion hospital in Ko, and told him to go away. All the lesterin had asked for in return for healing him with her mask was information on the battle now raging in Ko-Koro. Mortem would have given a bias answer, but as far as he could tell, one was not needed - the village had been overwhelmed.

The journey to the Kini-Nui had taken a day or so, and now the Vortixx entered the subterranean network that mad eup the ancient temple grounds...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mortem had been wandering the tunnels for hours...days...weeks?...ok, probably not weeks, but time was impossible to judge down  here...

The vortixx felt the crunch of something that had once been alive underfoot  - a Son perhaps, or maybe an unfortunate visitor. 

Against all reason, Mortem was not using a lightstone, or any other source of light. Some were imbedded in the walls of the tunnels in some places, but for the most part, the tunnels were pitch black...

Mortem liked the darkness...it made him feel like a better servant of his god...

His clawed fingers scraped along the walls, guiding him...the cursed lightstones in the walls, although dim, were more frequent here, not making enough light to illuminate the passageway, but casting enough dull glow to create shadows. All that was really visible was indistinct shapes, of differing darknesses.

The makuta-worshiper pulled out a ragged map from his bag, and, regretting that he had to use the light and hoping that Makuta would forgive him for it, chipped a lightstone off the wall with his knife and used it to illuminate the map...

He was close.

OOC: Mortem is open for interaction for a while...

Kathok

Dayeth heard footsteps inching closer, echoing in the dank darkness and awakening her from her slumber. "Who's there?" She demanded as stepped out of her hiding place, brandishing her Volo Lutu launcher, which she'd attached her knife to. With only one hand, she'd had to throw down her lightstone, but even in the dim light, she managed to recognise the being before her. "Mortem?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Mortem looked up at his name...

He didn't recognize the silver-clad matoran in front of him, but if she was down here too, she was most likely an ally.

He waved away the launcher, and said: "If you are a disciple of Makuta, then I come in peace. If not..."

He brandished the knife he had been carrying: "...You die." 

Kathok

Maybe it was just the poor light, or maybe her disguise had actually worked, but Mortem didn't even recognise her. She put away her weapon and picked up the lightstone, shining it on the aching stump where her hand had been. "Don't stab me! It's me, Dayeth. See, no hand!" 

"Oh." That wasn't what he had expected...

"Why did you travel to this holy place?" A part of Mortem felt slightly guilty for fleeing the Ko battle without even checking to see if his fellow was safe, but he immediately stopped, as feeling guilty of anything at all that was not blasphemy against Makuta was a sign of weakness, and more importantly, non-total dedication to his god.

Kathok

"I might ask you the same thing," Dayeth challenged. 

"I thought as much," Dayeth mused. Was there anything else worth coming down here for? "If that's the case, then it seems we're both journeying to the same destination," she said, "perhaps we should stick together? Safety in numbers and all that?"

"Well then..." she looked around, "onwards and downwards, then?"