BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: The Heretic. 

"Did you want specifics?" the priest offered, "I've been down there; I've seen what waits below."

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Akili. 

"I like this place," she said absent-mindedly, "it's got a nice overgrown ruin feel to it." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OoC: Lehti from Onu-Wahi

Yeah Lehti has totally been here with you guys the entire time

Don't worry

IC: Lehti (Kini-Nui)

Lehti was examining the exotic vegetation around the ruined temple. Plants she had never seen before in her home forest. She played around with them by using her powers, making them grow faster, blossom and entangle with each other. "I like this place as well," she replied to Akili, "Shows that plantlife will eventually overcome the power of culture. All great towers the plain-dwellers build will be reclaimed by the forces of nature. Beautiful, really. I like these strange plants as well. Their flowers are pretty."

She had an idea. She whispered "sorry" to a plant, picked its flower and walked to Akil. Nervously she presented the flower to her. "Here. A gift," she said quietly and smiled.

• Upvote 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Aw, thanks," she wasn't sure what else to say. Once again she got that strange feeling, that there was something she was supposed to say or do, but she didn't know what it was. "I thought you didn't like hurting plants?" 

It was a very pretty flower, though... She tucked it behind her ear, nestled against her mask. 

• Upvote 1

"I don't," she said, "but I think the forest spirit will forgive me, for the flower made someone happy. And I did apologize to the plant, if that wasn't enough." She glanced at the other Toa Akari, who were talking with a Lesterin. "Do you think it's a good idea for us to go down there?" she asked and gestured towards the entrance.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Thank you," she said. It was the little things that made life worth it. She followed Lehti's gaze towards the tunnel, and frowned. "The funny priest guy doesn't think we should go down there.... it looks kinda creepy...." 

IC: The Recluse

The mute Toa, who had been steadily contributing to the 'overgrown' part of the 'overgrown ruin' aesthetic, turned around as he felt another being controlling the plants in the area. This one had a similarly fine control of the plants, not the brutish militaristic style that many others had. He sensed a kindred spirit. His eyes fell on Lehti, studying her silently from his position near the temple's entrance.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

She nodded in agreement. She turned to look at the temple's entrance and said "It's like our souls can sense the evil in there. But it's our duty to purge evil.. or so Kajak said to me many times. I always thought that evil dwells in the depths of our hearts, but Kajak must be right, evil is something we can defeat through strength and violence, it just makes sense that way.."

She paused and her brow furrowed for a moment. She walked a few steps closer to the entrance and made eye contact with the mute Toa near it. "Greetings, stranger" she said to him. "I'm Lehti, a friend of nature. Pleasure to meet you." She did her best to copy the polite mannerisms of the plains-dwellers Kajak had taught her many months ago.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Taoki - Kini-Nui

Taoki stopped midstep. His spines were straight up on his back and his face was frozen in fear.

After a moment of listening without breathing - breathing just makes noise how can you hear anything when you breath so loud - he began to fumble into his pack.

He reached in and pulled out a light-stone, filling the cave with light.

The group looked down the tunnel to see...

IC (Rhow):

"Congrats Taoki, it must be naming day." Rhow snarled, while tightly gripping her blade's handle, her heat vision highlighting the spine-adorned figure a short distance down the tunnel from them, watching them with red eyes. It only minimally differed from its surroundings in terms of temperature. Makuta's sons really were well-adapted to their role. 

Rhow's first instinct was to charge any enemy in her way and to tear them to shreds. Her second would have been to wait, test what kind of Rahkshi they were dealing with here and then engage it accordingly. But Rhow had a habit of going with that first instinct and it was what she was doing now. The Rahkshi shrieked angrily at its assailant as Rhow thrust forward with her crude weapon - which only cut through empty air as the monster seemingly drifted out of the way, like a feather on the wind. Rhow pressed the attack, but no matter how furiously she went at it, the Rahkshi dodged...

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"I'll be honest.... I don't want to go down there....." 

Edited by Locus

IC: Darvin Le'Neer

The Lesterin lifted the shades from his mask and glanced down at the central temple of Kini-nui from his home in the trees. Since the revelation of the vault deep below kini-nui, and the rumors of what it held, he had seen many, many individuals enter Mangaia through Kini-nui. Most didn't come out the way they went in. Whether that meant they died below or just took a different tunnel, well that is up for debate. All he cared about was all the interesting new faces, and potentially new stories. 

Though the influx had brought it's own share of issues. Some of those who entered Mangaia were not the most... savorable of sorts. Though his little home in the trees had been fortunate enough so far to avoid their wrath. The way he saw it, as long as he stayed neutral, they had no reason to bother him.

He dashed back to his kitchen, grabbing a small basket and filling it with his signature bula muffins, freshly baked nonetheless and headed down towards the temple. He learned long ago that every being, no matter their alliance had one common weakness, and that was good food.

OOC: Darvin is open for interaction in the surface area of Kini-nui... and he has muffins.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

"Hey guys...." she pointed towards another Lesterin who was approaching them, "....he's got muffins!" 

IC: Darvin

As Darvin approached the small group, he noticed one of them point towards him... a toa of air from the looks of her. With his most dashing smile he quickened his pace towards the group, one hand held out to show he held no weapons, well unless you count the power of muffins as a weapon.

"Greetings fair travelers. I could not help but notice your groups presence from my home in the trees. I'm guessing you all are intending to go into Mangaia, since that is all anyone comes here for anymore nowadays. Truly dreadful that most can not appreciate what was once the most fascinating of landmarks on Mata-nui." He gestures towards what remains of the Temple with the hand holding the basket of muffins, purposefully wafting the scent with his movements  

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Tsuda

He turned an eye towards these fascinating landmarks, he could see evidence of once-great landmarks. As of now, they looked to be in a phase of reconstruction. Signs of battle long past mixed with fresh buildings and the tools of builders and stone masons ; hammers, rollers for stones, quarry tools and scaffolding. Quite the operation given the smallish number of people that seemed to live here.

"It's quite nice," with quick and practiced movements he grabbed a pastry and began to eat it.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

No matter how quick Tsuda may think he had been, he still would have had lift the lid of the basket, giving Darvin time to smack his hand away and wiggle his finger with a smirk

"Now now, do you just go attempting to grab the muffins of any old stranger?" he brought the basket closer to him, a hand on the lid "Just for that, you get yours last." he winked at the fire toa and added "But their certainly worth the wait."

With a clearing of his throat he returned his focus to the majority of the group, offering a slight bow to them

"Now I should, as proper decorum mandates, give you all my name. I'm Darvin Le'Neer, and I run the Kini-nui branch of the Mata-nui weekly. Though being the only one in the kini-nui branch I guess one could say I am the kini-nui branch."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"What's the Mata Nui weekly?" 

Darvin brought his free hand to cover his mouth, in a mock look of surprise

"Your telling me you've never heard of the Mata-nui weekly?" He places his hand over his heartlight and shakes his head faintly with a sympathetic look "Oh dearie we have to get some culture into your life then." He brought his hand to rest atop the basket once again as he continued "The Mata-nui weekly is essentially a News company, though with recent events it's more correctly turned into the Mata-nui monthly, just mnw sounds better than mnm."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"We haven't been on the island very long," she explained, apologetic. 

IC Tsuda

He didn't like this supposed journalist. They had, unsurprisingly, the gawky loquaciousness that he associated with such figures. A certain type of person that loved to hear themselves speak, write it down and read it aloud to themselves to love it all over again. Besides that, had the smack really been necessary?

"If you're part of this MNW business, what are you out here for? I don't imagine there're many subscriptions to be sold in the jungle." The brief period of time passed before he added on, "kiddo."

...but close to it

Darvin turned his attention back to the muffin grabber, cocking his head to the side while a finger rested on his chin

"Golly gee willager, your right. This is a such a horrible location to sell subscriptions. What was I ever thinking." he turns to leave, dramatically whipping his head away "I have brought shame and dishonor upon my branch... Oh wait." he turns around just as quickly and chuckles "Good thing I wasn't looking to sell anything. I'm a journalist, it is my duty as such to find stories, and put those stories to paper so others may partake in them." he takes a step towards the Ta-toa, leaning his body forward while bringing the basket of muffins behind him "Now if I'm a journalist, and I'm out here, talking with people who are likely to head down into Mangaia, what do you think my goal is Fire-spitter?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Tsuda

He took a step back, an exaggerated look of displeasure on his face  "A toothbrush would be a good first goal. Other than that, I suppose you'll be writing of our brave and honorable deaths or some such drivel?" The red toa jerked a thumb over to Kajak. "That's the only story you'll be getting if our glorious leader has his way."

...but close to it

Darvin rolled his eyes as he stepped back from the ta-toa, returning to his prior posture.

"Bah," he waved a hand dismissively "I could fill 10000 page book alone with all the deaths that occur. No," he waggles an index finger "The stories of the living are so often far more intriguing and interesting. I simply wish to hear your little groups story. What brings you to Kini-nui, what is it you hope to uncover by venturing downwards? Perhaps a solution to dislodging the stick from your backside?"

He turned his attention back to Akili, pulling a muffin from his basket and handing to her

"Since you haven't been rude, or thrown insults my way, I more than believe you are worthy of a muffin dearie."

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Sorry for my late response

He tilted his head in an almost dog-like way at the approach and introduction of the other Toa of Plants. The corners of his lips instinctively twitched up slightly. He didn't understand all her words, but he understood that it was an introduction. Words were not how the denizens of the wild introduced themselves, however. Filled with the foreign feeling of eagerness, he held out his arm and put on a display of his use of his element. He grew a series of small flowers on his forearm, all uniform in size, with five pointed petals. Then, sending a trickle of power into each, he dyed them different colors, some of them multi-colored.

When finished, he stared at his arm for a moment, then up at her, his expression neutral once again.

BZPRPG Profiles

OoC: Nah it's fine

She looked at the flowers on his arm with interest and smiled when they gained color. She raised her own arm and replicated his actions, creating similar flowers with the same colours. Then he looked at the bark-covered Toa again, curious to see his reaction.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

"Aw, look, you made a friend," she tried to sound happy, but she felt a twinge of something inside. 

Was that.... jealousy? 

His tiny smile touched his features again. This was a unique moment for him. Leaving the flowers there, he gestured at the door to the temple behind him, from which a faint bluish glow could be seen. It had taken a lot of energy to create the unique bioluminescent vines he had placed inside it, and he felt a compelling desire to share it with others. Even when created, the beauty of nature was something to be enjoyed and shared.

BZPRPG Profiles

Darvin glanced towards the other that the group seemed to be conversing with, and a faint smile graced his features.

"Ah, I see you are still here friend. I had thought you left long ago." he said towards 'Recluse'

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Recluse isn't a name, I just capitalize it out of habit. I'm actually waiting for somebody he meets to give him a name. I'm hoping for Groot.

IC: The recluse

The one who lived in the tree was addressing him. His stony gaze dropped to the basket of muffins. He had already had several... would it be wrong to want more?

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I know it isn't a name, Just it's the only thing that came to mind to point him out. 

Darvin caught the glance towards the basket, then looked back towards the wild toa. With a smile he held it forward and lifted the lid with one hand

"There is plenty." was all he offered to the toa

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

She looked at the temple entrance with curiosity, but before she could enter a man offered them food. She approached and looked at the contents of his basket, her eyes widening when she smelled the warm scent of baked cupcakes. Plains-dwellers had once left similar gifts to her after they had cut down trees in order to calm her down. She looked at the Lesterin in the eyes and asked "May I have some as well?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

As he was suddenly being stare down by yet another toa, he offered yet another smile. His eyes glanced over the form of the toa talking;

A dark blue, perhaps navy, along with a very dark green... though with specks of silver here and there. Hmm. Probably toa of plantlife.

He lightly moved the basket so she could more easily grab a muffin or two and nodded

"Be my guest. Afterall I brought the muffins down to share with others... Well at least those who ask first before just grabbing. Though perhaps while you are partaking in the muffins, you may share with me why your little group is here? As Journalist I so do love being able to record the ventures of those who come and go from this location."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

She grabbed two muffins and thanked him. "We are a group of heroes," she explained, "on a quest to banish evil from the world once and for all. We're led by Kajak, that brown man over there." She gestured towards him, took a bite from a muffin and after swallowing it continued: "We found out that great evil dwells beneath this temple, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea for us to enter it. We may be heroes, but we're not invulnerable. And, by the way, what's a 'jurnolist'?" Her last question didn't sound sarcastic, and she looked like she didn't actually know what the word meant.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Darvin nodded as he listened to what Lehti had to say. When she gestured towards their supposed leader he nodded before returning his attention to her.

Hmm... typical gung-ho heroes, going off somewhere where they have no idea what awaits them. I'll make sure to make their story out as heroic as possible, for memories sake.

"Well miss, judging from the amount of 'heroes' i've seen come and go into that location who haven't returned, and from what tales I've heard from those who have, I really, really wish the best of luck. However to answer your question, a journalist is like a chronicler in a way. It is their duty to record current events. However unlike a chronicler who only recounts the victories of the 'good guys' a journalist is somewhat neutral. We record the stories from an unbiased point of view. Many times they aren't stories of victory, but the cold hard truth."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: The recluse

He activated his mask power partially, letting his arm relax beyond what was possible for a Toa, then focused on the bark lining it, moving it away. While he didn't have any control over the extension of his elastic body, he did have control of the plant matter coating it. The extended limb reached over to the wordy Lesterin and plucked another fresh muffin from the basket before snapping back into place as he deactivated his mask. He bit into the muffin slowly, savoring its sweetness.

Edited by Maj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

She remained silent and continued to eat the muffin in her hand. She gasped when the bark-covered Toa stretched his arm to grab a cupcake, and was rather impressed by this. She took a bite, swallowed it and after the Lesterin had finished talking asked "Who is interested in stories about 'cold hard truth'? Stories about victory seem much more exciting, to be honest."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Kajak (Kini-Nui)

The Lesterin Priest having gone quiet, Kajak had walked over to Lehti and her group. "Cold, hard truth is what keeps the world turning, Lehti," he said solemnly. "If everyone only believed in good news, then no-one would be doing anything, and wouldn't be prepared for anything in bad times. Take the current crisis for example: this Echelon has invaded Ko-Koro. What would happen if nobody believed or knew that he had done so?"

VBWj75sh.png

"Can we talk about something happier?"

IC: The Heretic.

Frowning, the priest moved to stand by the tunnel entrance. When these new arrivals finished their muffins, they would more than likely try to go down into the tunnels. He intended to try one last time to dissuade them.

Darvin glanced over his shoulder at yet another new arrival to the small gathering. And before he even had a chance to speak the toa of stone, at least based on appearances, spoke what he was thinking.

"He is right. Like it or not the world isn't all flowers and rainbows. The world has it's share of problems. If you only wanted stories of triumph and happiness, I would suggest speaking with a random bar goer, but if you want stories that are true, and not sugar-coated, well that's where a journalist comes in."

He swung the basket of muffins towards the toa of stone,

"Care for a muffin?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu