BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: The Heretic - Kini Nui Temple.

With the travelers vanished into the caves, unlikely to ever return, he ventured deeper into the temple itself, admiring the carvings half hidden beneath the twisting vines that wreathed the semi-destroyed walls. 

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Forger

"Certainly it isn't anything we've found thus far."

A beat passes in silence. We've put a fair amount of distance between us and the encounter by now. Throughout the last several hundred meters, the path has slopped perceptively downwards and the temperature has dropped in tandem. This place couldn't be much deeper...

"What are you down here alone for?"

...but close to it

IC:

The Toa of Fire chuckled.

"Same as you, I would assume." He paused for a minute to let the ominous atmosphere sink in. The vault was near.

"Curiosity."

His grin widened, which was a little odd given the circumstances he was in. A distant drip of water could be heard, monotonously droning throughout the tunnel.

drip

drop

drip

drip

IC: Enforcer - Tunnel.

"Curiosity is one word for it, I guess..." I stay alert, hearing the dripping noise from up ahead and cautiously raising my weapon. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Flabbergaster

Flabbergaster gave a grin. "I think not."

Before Yenroot could have time to react, Flabbergaster gripped a thorn from a nearby plant and squeezed his hand on it. When he opened his hand, however, a knife instantly formed, a small cut the only thing visible on his palm.

OOC: Could you get a profile link your signature of some kind? It would save me, and anybody you RP with, a ton of time looking up information on your characters. Thanks.

IC: Yenroot

Yenroot's eyes widened at the display. He wasn't exactly sure why this...obesity...was displaying it, but it was impressive. "Element of Plantlife?" he asked, looking back up at the being.

IC Forger

I let Enforcer's statement stand, the strange Toa gets to know that we're curious as he put it, I don't intend for him to know anything else. Maybe it's just the atmosphere of the place, but his appearance has me on edge and anxious. The remainder of the trip passes in silence, ever growing silence.

As the tunnel bottoms out, the tight echo chamber provided by the cramped tunnel vanishes and leaves us in the midst of a heavy quiet. As if they weren't already feeble and weak, our light sources seem to dim and weaken attempting to light the massive cavern. A cavern so massive that no hints of ceiling nor walls were visible save for the odd stalactite providing the rhythmic dripping and the dull glimmer far ahead of an enormous metallic structure, one I'd heard tales of to be sure, but not one I'd ever expected to see. A vast inscrutable door with no keyhole, no hinge or fault. Nothing but a cryptic riddle embossed upon it.

The Vault.

"...we're here."

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer.

"Cheerful-looking place." 

IC Forger

"The Vault," I respond. My voice low and cautious. "Behind this door, what is assumed to be a massive hollow resides. Various mappings of the tunnels here show them terminating near to or avoiding the space that you can imagine is behind this door." I had walked towards it as I spoke, holding my lightstone up to the monolithic structure and revealing hints of the words carved into it. I ran my hand across the metal, it felt alien and unnatural. There was no 'sense' of elemental affinity with it like any other metallic object would hold.

"No keyhole, no hinges and no seams. Word of mouth reports it as being completely immune to elemental manipulation, heat, electricity, you name it. The only mark on it is it's riddle." I beckon to the others, taking one of my lightstones and creating a small bracket of iron for it before lifting it up in the air, casting light over the whole of the riddle.

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer - The Vault.

"We already knew all of that," I grumble, beginning to wonder why Zero'd sent us down here in the first place, "I doubt we're going to have any further luck than all of the others who've come down here before us." 

IC:

Night comes swiftly in the timberlands, and it's downright dark by the time we make up and through and over the broken rock ridges that form a natural barrier around the Kini-Nui basin.

I'm actively alert now, my night vision fully adapted, searching for any trace indication of nearby sentient activity. A faint whiff of woodsmoke, fresh tracks on a game trail, things like that. I still can't exactly see the Kini-Nui temple complex itself due to the trees, but it can't be far.

OOC:

Hammerlock and Trava moving to Kini-Nui topic... feel free to make your next post in said topic, Geardirector. :)

IC: Trava (Kini-Nui, Surface)

They entered into the grasslands around Kini-Nui as the sun set over the secluded valley at the center of the island.

Trava had descended to the ground with Hammerlock. As much as she liked travelling by branch, it was hard to do it silently, what with all that foilage being brushed aside, rustling, creaking branches and so forth. So she remained groundside as she stalked through the dense foilage that cropped up around the thick threegrowth that had nested here around the temple, obscuring it from view.

She was half-expecting an echo of hissing Rahkshi to erupt all around her with the slightest step, but so far the noise had eluded her, and that put her on edge a lot more, to be quite frank.

They found their way to a small clearing after a modest stretch into the forest. The eerie silence persisted, and Trava didn't like it, but as far as she could tell this spot would do just fine to make camp.

"Alright, here we are" she said, a touch ceremoniously. She opened her pack to get out the things she'd need to get herself accomodated, leaving Hammerlock to do the same.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Raaka

The skakdi yawned as he woke from the nap he had inadvertently taken.

Still alive? he wondered.

He rose, joints popping and muscles protesting.

He had nothing to do, nowhere to go. It was getting dark, too. He'd spent the whole day sleeping.

Well, might as well see what the fuss about the temple is all about. Makes a good rest spot, I'll say that much.

With his healing wounds aching, he began aimlessly wandering the clearing around the temple.

OOC: Open for interaction.