BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

OOC: Last time I checked, the floor in Mangaia was made from solid stone...

IC (Echelon)

When fighting alongside allies, coordination is key. So as Echelon saw Rorg raise his rifle a second time, he did not unleash a barrage of magnetic attacks at the trespasser - he simply lifted the Toa just off his feet. The surprise of losing one's connection to the ground, coupled with the resulting inability to perform any kind of dodge, ought to guarantee that the Skakdi's bullet would strike its target.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Syvra

Syvra looked over towards the ensuing fight and merely rolled his eyes. He has been left here to merely watch like some child. As much as it rubbed him the wrong way he did not wish to ruin what little of a good chance he had going so he merely obeyed. However now he looked over at agrona with a slight amount of intrigue in his eyes

"Could the work you did on the toa be undone by another with a mask of healing?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Ishi Polzin and...

Ishi's eyes trained unsuccessfully to follow the course of the action but caught little other than fleeting shadows moving in the deadly dance of combat. His hold on consciousness began to slip once more, stayed only by another cough of blood splattering the front of his coat. It was opalescent and glittered maliciously in the ruddy illumination of the dying light-stones. As his mind descended into darkness the shrill shriek of a foul monster echoed through the halls of Mangaia. He would have given warning but words failed him. There was too much pain. Darkness descended and the shadows of Mangaia took the little man with big secrets.

The conflict before the great door to Makuta's Vault rippled with echoes out into the six main passages, and from there down into the worming caverns and tunnels dug by fouler things than simple rahi. From one large passage came at first a feral hissing, and then a pair of long legs and a bladed spine stalked out warily into the chamber. Rabid, hungry, and no longer under the control of its father, the rahkshi plunged into the fray with a shriek. It's armor was ebony and its staff was capped in a pair of blades reminiscent of a 'C'. From where it came two more followed, as equally lean as the first.

OOC: EDITED, so these rahkshi are Hunger, Slow, and Chain Lightning, with permission of EW (Staff).

Edited by Kughii

IC: Agrona - Kini-Nui - Mangaia

"Echelon!" Agrona growled as the first Rahkshi appeared.

Three figures lay upon the stone floor. A bullet in a body, a broken corpse half breathing, and the soon to be servant were all at Agrona's feet. She glanced at Syvra, "You wish to serve Syvra?" Her hungry face seemed too calm for the chaos around them. She reached down as the battle looked about ready to begin, gripping Toros by the collar and dragging him closer to Echelon and the body that feel from the heavens. "You can start by watching over your pest here. Without harming him."

Agrona lowered herself to Ishi's body with a level clear importance. She glanced up as the first Rahkshi jumped into battle before placing both hands on Ishi's lower neck, assessing the damage done. He wasn't dead. Not yet. Who is this curious creature?

The Lesterin reached into a bag slyly (but not without urgency). Within was a journal with a black leather cover and a spine stone. She quickly flipped it open only to see a long series of numbers for the entirety of the journal. Agrona tossed it aside and reached to the other junk across the Matoran's body. Pushing around basic survival gear she came across a note. Snatching it up in her long slender fingers, the witchdoctor peered at it. There were four words on it, a title.

"Ambages, Hand of Ko-Koro".

She frowned. A journal with nothing but numbers was only strange, but a book of gibberish and the name of a prominent political figure made things a lot more interesting. Agrona glanced over to see a small jar, picking it up to see an eyeball within.

Oh.

Agrona wrapped her hand around Ishi's neck, placing the other on his chest. She focused hard, picturing the broken pieces coming back together. This time properly.

Heal.

• Upvote 1

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Greisk

The darkness was alive.

Shapes flitted about. Patches of light grew and died. He could feel the things, and the sound

melting away from his skin bones

burn the bones

Pierced his head, eyes, ears, facemouthnose

Creatures everywhere

fighting battling

his head. A young woman turns back to him. When did he start running?

Hurry we must esca

heal

But it's wrong. Silence too loud. Darkness too bright.

above his head

Eyes open

Pain

Rahkshi Toa Lesterin fighting

The Darkness was alive.

OOC: Just so it's clear, Greisk is stil unconscious. Just not asleep.

Edited by Just Norik

Once again not wishing to disturb the fragile alliance, if it could even be called that, that had formed for him he merely did as he was told. However as he stood near the body of Griesk he did the first thing that came to his mind, summoned a series of vines to wrap around the body like deadly snakes, until Griesk was firmly in the vine's grasp and rooted to the floor. Afterall they did not want their pest to wake up and try and make a break for it. However now he just stood by and watched as the fights ensued, remaining on the task he was given.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Greisk

Alive.

The memories washed back over Greisk. His eyes flew open to see Syvra standing over him, looking towards the left, where sounds of battle were coming from.

Greisk looked down at his body. Vines were wrapped around his body.

Greisk took a silent breath. Wait- he c couldn't open his mouth!

Focus. Probably just numbed lips because of the anaesthetic.

Since Syvra was not focused on Greisk, he tried to test if the vines were slack. They weren't constructing but, it would be difficult to get out without struggling.

Greisk propped his head up and saw Rahkshi ambushing the group. An aged Toa and broken Matoran were on the floor.

Greisk closed his eyes and pretended to still be unconscious.

OOC: You're right Ghosthands, the floor is solid stone. According to the post where Stannis used the stone floor to fight the dark toa alongside the other five maru there is no earth in the chamber of the vault. Anyways, what's done is done. :)

IC: Ishi Polzin and NPC Rahkshi

The kanohi sana was a mask Ishi would never fully grow accustomed to. One moment his mind was in shadow, unconscious; and bleeding to death of his wounds. The next, the kanohi's power had revived the matoran and his wounds sealed up, his energy restored, and his mismatched eyes flickered open. He stared at the face of his healer with a slackened jaw. Despite the healing Ishi was still in shock.

"Black eyes," he stammered. "Black eyes."

The rahkshi of hunger lunged forward into the fray, swinging its 'c' bladed staff over its head toward Echelon. Perhaps the necromancer would feel his body weaken and knees tremble as the rahkshi's dim mind hoped. Meanwhile the other two rahkshi, far smarter than the first, worked in tandem, slinking along the sidelines to go for one of the weakest in the motley group: Greisk.

Edited by Kughii

OOC: I should note both that the Rahkshi are technically feral (And thus, don't really work together as well as they used to), and that if I recall correctly, the Vorahk's staff requires contact with its target to work. The only canonical use I can recall was on Onua, and it could only be used once he was in contact with the target. Many of the original six Rahks had powers like that.

EDIT: Double checked the BS01. Both canonical uses of the Vorahk's powers required physical contact, though only weapon to weapon.

IC:

The Vorahk's staff, quite abruptly, struck against a shield of solid protosteel, batted aside with ease. Now interposed between the Rahkshi and the Dark Toa, Eisen drew his sword from its storage in the shield in a single smooth motion, bringing it into a ready position. Already, his eyes were calculating maneuvers and behaviors, noting how the Rahkshi had begun to behave. With his mask, he could quite easily keep up with the Vorahk's movements, and as long as he kept it occupied and out of contact, it would not be too difficult a fight.

That analysis done in moments, he made a testing stab at the Vorahk's neck, seeking to observe its reactions. His shield was held in his opposite hand, close enough to the chest to easily intercept any incoming blows. Not that it would be difficult; The creature's weapon was not the most nimble, and the time needed to adjust its strikes would be more than enough to allow for his Calix-enhanced reflexes.

"Disappointing, how far His sons have fallen."

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Syvra merely watched over the fight though he occasionally glanced down at Griesk, his crimson eyes roaming over the toa of magnetism. However he now spoke directly at the toa

"Don't care if you are conscious or not, but know if you try anything there will be consequences. These aren't normal vines, though I won't quite tell you how they are different either."

Just to be on the safe side Syvra mentally tightened the grip the vines had over Griesk removing any slack there may have been. His eyes focused once again on the fight while occasionally flicking down to Griesk.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC (Echelon)

Echelon had sprung into levitation the moment he heard the Rahkshi's approach. He now hovered several feet in the air, ready to move with great speed at the first necessity, taking stock of the situation from his vantage point. Encyclopaedic knowledge of all things dark immediately identified the three Rahkshi as Hunger, Slowness and Chain Lightning. Dangerous adversaries, to be sure, but he and his allies were more than worthy opponents.

Eisen moved in to engage the Vorahk. The Dark Toa quickly glanced at the other two. Alone, he would take up the offensive immediately.

But he was not alone, and in this group, his particular skill set took fit the role known as 'crowd control'. Focusing on the two Rahkshi creeping towards Syvra and Greisk, he flooded the Rahkshi and the floor beneath them with Dark Magnetism, magnetising them firmly in place and prime targets for the others to dispatch.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC

Three Rahkshi. Under ordinary circumstances, I would retreat, and seek to preserve my life and body from what would surely be a painful, gruesome death. Rahkshi are wild and strong; they are not defeated easily, and are distinctly unpredictable. Both qualities make them undesirable opponents, especially for a man like myself. However, I am not alone: I am accompanied by several of the deadliest men and women to walk the face of this island. Because of this, I stay.

My weapon has not moved; my eye still looks down the scope, and the rear rest comfortably in my embrace. I have already reloaded after my second shot on the intruder, who now lies on the ground, so I simply turn, wait patiently for the nearest Rahkshi to cease movement (which is quickly does, under the influence of Echelon's Dark powers), and fire towards the eye socket, its only obvious weak point.

IC:

As soon as I had begun moving for the Toa of Earth, he was stopped; moments later, three Rahkshi came in out of the shadows. One of them began moving for Echelon, only to be blocked by Eisen, while two others moved for Greisk - and were subsequently immobilized by Echelon. As each Rahkshi began working to try and free themselves, the Rahkshi of Slowness and the Rahkshi of Chain Lightning, I began to strafe about the latter. As soon as I had reached my optimum position, just outside the Rahkshi's reach and sight, two things happened: first, Rorg fired upon the Rahkshi of Slowness.

Second, I brought my lochaber down in a bone-crushing executioner's style blow, upon the compartment where the Rahkshi's Kraata would be held. I would either crush it or I would cleave through it; either way, it would be dead.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Syvra eyed the two rahkshi who had promptly been stopped in their tracks by echelon. He could not identify one of the two, but the other one he knew very well. He had encountered the chain lightning rahkshi in the past. And of the three he he knew it was likely the deadliest since the completely black rahkshi required physical contact to use their powers. Now he looked down at Griesk and the po-matoran looking being who had fallen from the ceiling. From the look of the po-matoran he knew one good strike of chain lightning would likely do him in. Hence the reason for syvra's next move. Reaching into his satchel he carried at his hip, he withdrew a handful of seeds and sprinkled them in a rough circle around griesk, the po-matoran and himself. Calling upon his element he quickly accelerated the growing of these seeds, which quickly sprang to life as saplings. From there he took his staff and placed it roughly in the middle of the circle and held it in place. The saplings continued to grow and began to meld together, till they formed a protective 'bubble' of bark around the three to prevent the chain lightning from getting through, with Syvra's staff acting as the meeting point of the bark. Oh you may be asking why bother when any chain lightning would likely just cause the bark to catch on fire and this is something syvra prepared for. The bark this seed produced had been manipulated by Syvra to hold fire-resistant qualities, after a plant he had encountered once in his travels.

Thank Ak'rei'an for crossbreeding

OOC: The fire-resistant bark is taken from real life examples since there are certain trees that have fire-resistant qualities. And i hope the whole bark dome thing makes sense

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

OOC: Wahoo for evil people doing awesome things.

IC: NPC Rahkshi and Ishi Polzin

The blade of Eisen's longsword was pushed upwards, caught between the prongs of the vorahk's staff. As the creature of shadow shifted stance, sliding its rear foot forward through the center line of their bout to gain ground, it swung the sword clear in a powerful arc while feeding upon Eisen's strength, and brought the back end of its staff to bear, aiming for the front ankle of the toa. It knew its power and was hungry.

Rorg's bullet aimed true but as it got close to the trapped pair of rahkshi two things happened. First, the rahkshi's powers slowed the projectile to the best of its abilities in the darkened environment; and second, the dark magnetism that had been laid not only into the fabric of the rahkshi but into the very stone of Mangaia pulled the lethal object to the floor. Stuck, the bullet had been rendered useless.

The rahkshi of chain lightning did not have such luck, unfortunately. The dark magnetism in its body had caused its own elemental powers to go haywire, and it shrieked violently in pain even before the lochabar axe sunk deep into its body. The metal blade too was aided by Echelon's powers and cut clean through the mechanics and sunk deep into the stone floor. Karnakie found himself staring at the shredded remains of the rahkshi's outer casing, sparks flying into his face, but inside the casing squirmed the now exposed kraata.

Edited by Kughii

IC:

While the Vortixx had not partaken in the previous discussion, or rather, threats of serious bodily harm, she now sprung into action without hesitation. The master's sons had gone feral and were nothing but wild animals at this point. 'Twas a pity, but it could not be helped right now. Perhaps if the stuck their heads together later they might find a way to make the Rahkshi see clearly again, to tell allies from enemies. But right now...

She raised her hand, the claws pointed in the direction of the Vohrak currently engaging Eisen and reached out with her telekinetic power. The Rahkshi of hunger was pulled back and up, no longer in contact with the floor and suspended in place.

The Vortixx concentrated a little more, trying to pry open the face plate, to give Eisen a clear opening.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Hey everyone, as much as I'm loving the fight and what's going down I do want to interject something OOC real quick. I know these rahkshi are NPCs and therefore some auto-hitting is acceptable, but please remember to not auto-hit in general. In reading up on several topics for the MNW lately I've been noticing a blossoming trend of small to large auto-hitting incidents and it irks me. Players should have the right to choose what happens to the their character, even if the choice has a negative impact such as taking a wound. It helps people remember this isn't a win or lose game as much as it's a story. That's all I wanted to say, now... ON WITH SLAUGHTERING RAHKSHI! :evilgrin:

IC: NPC rahkshi

The vohrak tumbled and twisted in the air, suspended by Kohra's powers, unable to do anything against them. It fumed and roiled and screamed its shrill scream into the darkness. The sound echoed from the central vault of mangaia out into the branching halls and small tunnels and returned softer, more mournful, than it left. This was its home, these were foreigners, and now it had nothing left to do but fight for the territory. It swung its staff to no avail and when it felt its face plate being ripped open by the telekinetic grasp of Kohra is went so far as to drop its staff and clamp hands across its face, a last ditch attempt to protect itself from the inevitable.

OOC: stab away.

IC:

The Fe-Toa grimaced at the slight drop in his energy, but he brushed it aside quickly. Such a small decrease would not prove problematic, nor were his Calix-enhanced reflexes necessary, as the Vorahk was quite handily levitated off of the ground. Eisen didn't spare it a moment's thought; With a single, smooth motion, he raised his blade and stabbed through the Rahkshi's hands into its now-open faceplate. The creature's struggles continued moments longer, though they were more spasms, before the beast fell still.

With the quiet sound of metal on metal. he withdrew the blade and pivoted in place, bringing his shield in front of him and moving carefully towards the Rahkshi of Slow.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

I looked upon my work with satisfaction. As I had hoped, the Rahkshi was now out of commission, while the Kraata that had controlled it remained cowering within what little was left of its shell. With a grunt of exertion, fighting against Echelon's magnetism and the stone of the floor, I pulled my axe out from where it had cleaved into the ground, and tossed it over to Rorg, telling him "Use this!" as I did so; knowing Rorg, he would have no trouble catching it. Done with that, I drew my longsword and stepped slightly to the side of, and behind, the Rahkshi of Slowness, leaving Eisen's way open and forming a triangle between him, myself, and Rorg...with the Rahkshi at the center.

Like its brothers, Makuta's fallen sons, it would not survive this day. Not with the combined might of just myself and these two other companions of mine, but rather that of all of us arrayed against it, this Rahkshi would have to fight and survive...and it had no chance of doing that.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: You're right Ghosthands, the floor is solid stone. According to the post where Stannis used the stone floor to fight the dark toa alongside the other five maru there is no earth in the chamber of the vault. Anyways, what's done is done. :)

IC: Ishi Polzin and NPC Rahkshi

The kanohi sana was a mask Ishi would never fully grow accustomed to. One moment his mind was in shadow, unconscious; and bleeding to death of his wounds. The next, the kanohi's power had revived the matoran and his wounds sealed up, his energy restored, and his mismatched eyes flickered open. He stared at the face of his healer with a slackened jaw. Despite the healing Ishi was still in shock.

"Black eyes," he stammered. "Black eyes."

Still crouching over Ishi, Agrona hummed back to him, "Yes meat, black eyes, black eyes all around." Agrona tilted her head, still releasing energies into the Matoran's body, "Stay with me my pet," the Lesterin took one hand off Ishi's neck and reached for her bone blade. She stopped the healing process and took hold if Ishi's face from moving back and forth, "Sh ssshhh... Look into my eyes little-one," She grit her teeth and held his head harder, "Look at me. Look, here, that's it."

Agrona then gripped Ishi's hand and took her bone-blade and put it to his palm, "Keep looking," The blade dug neatly into Ishi's skin, etching a small :x: into the skin, branding him, "There there, keep looking to me."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: lightest of bunnying approved by Snoip Lion

IC: Ishi Polzin and final NPC rahkshi

He groaned as the blade sunk into his flesh, but the pain of one carved tattoo was nothing compared to the fall he'd endured. His focus fell into the pools of the woman's eyes, yellow orbs in the darkness of the tree-like bower grown by one of her companions, like two tiny stars in a dark sky. Ishi decided they were cursed stars as the blade drew back from his palm and her kanohi sana flared with green light and a scar grew in the shape of the wound. He flexed his hand and found it strong but stiff.

"No," Ishi said as he pushed himself off her lap. "You don't understand. Black eyes. The machine had black eyes."

He stared at the woman, obviously lesterin, for a moment longer after wrestling from her grip. He had backed away, crawled until he reached the wooden wall. It was hard to see anything in such darkness. "Who are you?"

Outside where the red lights-tones still shed their dying light came a final cry from a rahkshi's maw.

OOC: Yep go kill it guys, you've realistically overpowered the rahk. The most it can do is slow down your attacks but that magnetism should make that axe slide like butter right through its armor. XD

Edited by Kughii

Agrona smiled at her handiwork as the Matoran pulled away,
"I am called many things," she lazily reached for the journal as she stood up, flipping through the pages, "Murderer, thief, freak, tramp, witch," Agrona said each word with a great space in between them before standing up, "But to you, I'm the woman that just saved your life." Agrona's warm and calming demeanor radically shifted as she violently threw the book at Ishi's head, slamming into the wall behind him. She dashed forward and gripped his collar before the book even hit the ground.

Agrona bared her teeth,
"But the question, meat, isn't who I am," her snarl became a smile, "I can think of a number of interesting things to ask you. What-" Agrona lifted the journal to Ishi's face, "is this?"

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

Syvra was idly listening to the exchange between Ishi and Agrona though his full attention was on the maintenance of this bark bubble. Afterall it was only meant to repel the chain lightning, not to stop a physical attack and any rahkshi worth it's smell could punch through the bark easily. Though at the moment it was doing it's job wonderfully with the added benefit of keeping Agrona's little toy within her grasp. However Syvra was feeling slightly merciful today as he focused on a small part of the bark near where Ishi and Agrona were. A small patch of Bioluminescent plant sprung out of the bark in the form of a rose, offering a little light on their situation

That was cheesier than normal syvra... so much so that it hurt a bit

Quiet you, Let me have my fun.

I would if my sanity weren't on the line because of your 'fun'.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Ishi Polzin

As the bioluminescent rose came into being with the sound of a plant growing faster than it should Ishi's quality of sight increased tremendously. He could see the beads dangling from the lesterin's body, the blood-splattered knife she had used to carve his hand, the creased brow which of her inner debate: kill the matoran or let him live? He decided to give her a reason for his continued existence and placed his faith in his readings of the little book in her hand.

"It's my diary."

Edited by Kughii

IC: (J'Con)

J'Con had been wandering for hours. Days, probably. Of course, time had been relative to him since the downfall of Makuta. Life had fallen into shambles, his efforts futile in the grand scheme of things. He hoisted his map, which he suspected was total feces at this point due to several discrepancies, and realized he was quite close to the vault. Or maybe not. As stated, the map was feces.

Ahead of him, the fight with the Rahkshi was just coming to an end, and Ishi was being brought back to health.

From the depths of the caves came a bony, skeleton-like figure, a torn black cloak hanging from his neck to mid-shins, a loaded pack cross-strapped from shoulder to waist. He was exasperated, holding up a map to a lightstone, desperately trying to decipher it. With a grumble, he crumpled it up and tossed it to the ground, muttering something along the lines of "piece of garbage" as he drudged on, unknowingly entering upon the scene of a Legacy reunion and interrogation. As he looked up, he kind of startled back a bit, but looked more surprised like one opening a birthday gift than one stumbling into a den of titans.

"Why, hello there," he greeted, "can someone point me towards the oracle who lives in these caves? Big, scary-looking dude, probably speaks in riddles." He went on to begin a speech about his quest for the Abettor and how tragic it had been when he'd run into a Rahkshi and torn his cloak. "...and that's why one should never, ever brush one's teeth with a piece of granite." He finished.

It was now that he noticed the corpses of several Rahkshi laying around and quickly went over to study the Kraata specimen before anyone could speak.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC

I let the scope fall from my eye, holding my weapon in one hand as I raise the other to catch the airborne axe.The approaching Rahkshi, now immobilized by Echelon's powers, looks at me with what a more imaginative man might call a hateful expression. I do not deal in imagination; I deal in facts. So I step forward and let the axe fall, feeling Echelon's magnetism adding to gravity's pull and the strength of my arm, and watch as the blade cleaves through the Rahkshi's carapace, destroying the kraata inside.

The metal shell falls to the ground. I step back and toss the axe back to its rightful owner, and, as I do, another being suddenly enters the cavern. It is not lost on me that the appearance of so many people in one place, especially one so dangerous as this, could be called a coincidence, but it does not matter to me. Identifying a situation as coincidental does not change the facts, nor my approach to solving whatever problems may appear. The facts: this man is interrupting a meeting to which he has not been invited, as far as I am aware. The solution to this problem: eliminate the intruder. So as this ragged man foolishly turns his back on me to study the dead Rahkshi, I raise my weapon once more, take aim, and fire.

The second the Toa of gravity heard a rifle being cocked, he reached out with his element and, for about three seconds, shifted the gravity of the entire space between himself and the group, hard. With any luck, the bullet would've veered off to the side and missed him. Luck, however, was not with him that day, and the bullet struck his outer bicep, passing through without majorly injuring him but creating a huge gash. With a snarl, he dropped the whimsical act and glared at the collected Toa, Vortixx, and Skakdi.

"For Makuta's sake," he growled, "it was a simple question."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC

I do not speak. My rifle rests comfortably in the crook of my arm, already reloaded and ready to fire again. My first shot has exposed this man's instinctive strategy (elemental manipulation, not physical movement) and wounded him, allowing my allies and I an even greater advantage should this situation escalate to a dangerous level.

Words are often a waste of time, and I do not care for waste. So I remain silent, waiting for Echelon to answer or command my fire.

IC (Echelon)

With the third and last Rahkshi's death rattle, Echelon dismissed the magnetic bindings with a wave of his hand and slowly drifted back down. As the Dark Toa's feet met the ground he seamlessly transitioned from levitation to walking. He signaled to Rorg: hold your fire, for now.

He looked the third new arrival up and down, analysing every detail of his appearance. Skeletal in appearance. Mask shaped for intimidation, not unlike my own. Swears in Makuta's name. Not immediately hostile to us.

Verdict? He's either a fool, or an ally.

"We do not deal in simplicities," he intoned. "But I can make an exception: look around you. In the last few minutes we have dealt with three other unexpected beings and destroyed three Rahkshi. You are now wounded and outnumbered."

Echelon tilted his head upwards a little, allowing more red light to fall on his own ominous mask, accenting the fang- or tentacle-like curves.

"Your life or death is entirely at our discretion. So here is a simple question for you: why should we let you leave here alive?"

"I have no doubt that I wouldn't stand a chance against any one of you in a fight. That a will not disagree with..." he reached into his bag, momentarily causing the gathered to wonder if he stupid enough to take a weapon out against them. But he simply produced a bandage wrapping it around and pulling it tight with his teeth. "...I have no weapons. I am a scientist." He gazed around, looking at each of them. "I see fighters. All of you," he said, "but I possess an Iden. Rare around these parts. Now, you seem like a smart man," he said to Echelon in complete sincerity, "are you aware of the Iden's practical applications? With it, I can go anywhere, see anything, hear anyone, and they would be none the wiser. My espionage is top-notch. As a bonus, I'm a pretty good medic, if it's ever needed."

He put his hand up to his wound, clutching it hard, teeth gritted. "Kill me if you want. But if you think you could use me, my services are for hire as long as you have the right intentions- I'm not interested in another Island Protection Squad or whatever..."

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Um AI Agrona, ishi, syvra and griesk are still currently hidden behind a 'bark bubble' for lack of a better term

Syvra could hear the voice of a new arrival faintly outside the bark. Though among the many words muffled through the bark one really caught his attention and apparently the attention of Venixa as well as she began to mentally chuckle

Why need a medic when you got someone with a mask of healing?

You know if anybody ever gains the ability to read minds you are likely going to be sorry.

Oh I know but till that day I will have my fun.

With a shake of his head he turned back to agrona and Ishi, interested to see how this little meeting would end

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

While Echelon and the newcomer spoke, Eisen had not stopped acting in his duties. The Rahkshi safely dispatched, he began instantly recalculating his tactical assessment. No allies had suffered any injuries, nor any statistically significant drain on resources. Rorg would likely be approaching reload soon; in the event of battle, Karnakie or himself would need to provide time for that to occur. The Dark Toa had suffered no drain on energy, and Agrona was occupied. Kohra was unharmed and at full capacity.

These thoughts were considered in moments, as he transposed himself partway between the newcomer and his allies, shield ready to intercept. His stance was neither hostile, nor was it relaxed; It was a point of transition, allowing for any needed future action. Even stationary, the warrior had the gravity of an immovable object, an unflappable combatant. He was, simply put, prepared for any possibility, and remained calm in that assurance.

The Fe-Toa dealt neither in complexity, nor simplicity. He dealt in practicality.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Echelon)

Echelon slowly looked from J'Con to Syvra, then back again. The very idea that he might not know of the Iden's applications was laughable - but the newcomer was correct. His services could be useful.

"You know...I think I have the perfect thing."

He looked over to the Toa of Plantlife again.

"Syvra!" he called, beckoning him over. "You want to serve our cause: here is your chance. I want you and our new friend here to find the Brotherhood of Ak'Rei'An. Your knowledge and his skills should be sufficient to discover where they have hidden themselves. If you succeed, you will have proven your usefulness and cemented your place in the ranks of darkness."

Syvra arched his brow as he listened to Echelon. However as he stepped out of the bark bubble by moving the bark away from himself and then as he stepped away the vines went back to their previous position. Allowing Ishi and Agrona the privacy they likely needed and preventing the po-matoran from escaping.

"I don't need an iden for that. The ussalry lost track of the Brotherhood in Po-wahi. However it is known that a fair amount of time before these maru came to be, that the brotherhood occupied a base in Po-wahi however a joint... raid for lack of a better term by the Po-Korian and Ga-Korian military units attacked and supposedly destroyed most of this fortress along with a good portion of it's members. If my suspicions are correct the brotherhood likely scurried back to this fortress with the thought that no military would think they would return to somewhere they were already routed from. It would match up with the current evidence and their style of planning."

However he looks at Echelon for a few seconds before switching his view to J'Con "However since no maps public maps exist that detail the exact location of his fortress an iden may prove useful in discovering it's pinpoint location within the deserts of po-wahi. I can also employ my own methods of searching the desert without walking throughout it."

OOC: Given that it was a military strike by po-koro and ga-koro and wasn't exactly a subtle move i would imagine the destruction of blackrock would be somewhat known if perhaps just forgotten by most after all this time. Hence where i am getting my information from

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu