BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: (J'con)

Ranks of darkness? Either this was a death metal activist group or he'd finally found the famed Legacy of Makuta.

"If we're going to be two men, alone, taking on the task of finding a semi-powerful demon cult, our problem will not be finding them as much as it will be keeping them from knowing they've been found," he tapped his mask, "and with this, I can find as much as I need without letting them ever realizing I've been there."

His eyes widened. "...wait, are you Echelon?" He practically stumbled back. This man was a legend. Even more, this man was a devil. It seemed that J'Con had come upon a lucky streak- he had been commissioned by the most important servant of Makuta on the island. He was the closest thing to the master of shadows left.

J'Con was standing with a god amongst men.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Syvra

Syvra cocked his brow as he looked over at J'con and could not help but smirk

"You obviously have heard of the brotherhood's propaganda though in reality they are nothing but a horde of roaches, scurrying to try and form one cohesive group but failing each time."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

I caught my axe from Rorg just as another man walked into the room, before stumbling over to where the three Rahkshi lay...thankfully moving to examine the dead Kraata from Rorg's Rahkshi, rather than the still living one of mine. I sheathed my longsword, holding my lochaber in a neutral stance - should it prove necessary, I could move to kill this man or defend myself from him in an instant, just as could my allies around me, Rorg, Eisen, and the rest. As Rorg shot him and Echelon began to speak to him, however, I relaxed, and stepped back towards the Rahkshi of Chain Lightning that I had demolished earlier. The Kraata - frightened now, scared, hungry, cowering back in what was left of its shell.

I don't always understand why so many people thought of them as disgusting and frightful. When they're fighting, sure...but otherwise, they're the same as any other animal.

"Come, now, you know me," I said to the Kraata, trying to coax it back outwards. And while I couldn't be sure that it did actually know me, there was the possibility there, as I had been kept in Makuta's lair, training and giving tactical proposals; I had seen many Kraata in my day. This one seemed to at least recognize my voice (or just be curious), because it came out to see me. As soon as I lifted my hand, however, it darted back inside its shell.

I knew that this would likely take a while. Hopefully the others wouldn't need me.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Echelon)

"I am," the Dark Toa intoned. "I take it you know me by reputation."

He spared a glance for Karnakie. The Kaiakan appeared to be trying to coax one of the defeated Kraata out of its broken exoskeleton. Echelon saw no purpose in it; with Makuta gone, the slugs were no more than territorial Rahi, a far cry from the admirable terrors they had once been. Perhaps the warrior was simply toying with his prey, like a Muaka with a mountain Mahi.

He elected to let the Kaiakan play. It had always served the dark cause well to cultivate vindictiveness in one's forces.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC

I do not move. Echelon has commanded me to cease fire, but has not included the order to stand down. This intruder has evidently forgotten, in the midst of his excitement over Echelon's presence, about the barrel pointing towards his throat, which will serve me well should he unexpectedly turn violent. I have seen stranger things happen.

IC: (J'Con)

He did, in fact, notice the gun leveled at him, and had just now found it necessary to address it.

"Tell you what," he said, removing his cloak and tossing it to the ground, with it all of his equipment, "since I won't be needing those for now, I'll remove them as a measure of good faith. Now, I honestly doubt there is anyone stupid enough to attack this group with their bare hands, least of all myself. Now, if that's all, I would like to return to my cove in Ga-Koro. I can safely abandon my physical form there without risking it being harmed."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Syvra turned to J'con and shook his head

"I'm sorry but if you are to join me in searching for the brotherhood of Ak'Rei'an's current location you will be joining me wherever I deem necessary. This is because I am the one with the intimate knowledge of the group."

His voice while not harsh had the subtle hints that he wasn't joking either

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Syvra pointed to the bark bubble that still existed behind him

"If I am having to work with you I might as well make sure you come back alive. There are options besides a single location."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

J'Con was obviously frustrated. "What makes you think your conjuring is safer than the place I've used before? I mean, it's not as if anyone is looking for me."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Syvra just stared at J'con

"Really?"

He rubs at the area on his mask between his eyes in clear frustration

"Alright let me explain this. I would use flash cards but I left them at home. You intend on using an iden. When you do use an iden you enter a spirit form and can -not=" he added extra emphasis to this word alone by making quotation marks with his fingers "interact with the physical world. Meaning you can't speak with me. As such you being in Ga-koro while I'm in po-wahi will be pointless. I know what we are looking for and a general area to search in regards to po-wahi. As such communication is key in this. Hence the need to be in the same general location. I can not do my part in Ga-koro but you can do your part anywhere as long as your body is protected."

He took a breath before looking back at J'con

"If needed I am sure I can draw a picture or two to explain this."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

"'Me being in Ga-Koro while you are you in Po-Koro will be pointless'? Yes, my glorious intellectual superior, that is why I don't ####ing intend to stay put once I leave my body. My spirit can travel just as far as my body can, with the bonus of not being seen. That's kind of why you need me! To bring my body along would defeat the purpose. Now, if you hadn't decided you know where my body should go, and then decided to patronize me, and in the process make yourself look like a complete moron, we would be on our way a not having a pointless conversation about something unrelated to the mission."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Wow... this idiot just does not seem to get the hint does he?

No apparently not. He doesn't quite seem to understand that beings can not communicate with him while in spirit form.

Eh he will learn soon enough.

One may notice a subtle smile come to Syvra's face before quickly leaving

"You know how about you show me this... cove you have in ga-koro and we can determine what to do from there since I am stuck with you." Despite his internal frustration with J'con he kept his voice calm and respectful despite J'con feeling it would be appropriate to yell. If only he knew how much he wasn't needed.

However he turned back to Echelon now

"Where should I meet you when the brotherhood's base is discovered?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Ishi Polzin

As the bioluminescent rose came into being with the sound of a plant growing faster than it should Ishi's quality of sight increased tremendously. He could see the beads dangling from the lesterin's body, the blood-splattered knife she had used to carve his hand, the creased brow which of her inner debate: kill the matoran or let him live? He decided to give her a reason for his continued existence and placed his faith in his readings of the little book in her hand.

"It's my diary."

IC: Agrona - Kini-Nui - Mangaia

A cover of wood grew around the pair and as the light bloomed Agrona smiled. The contours of her face collided with the shadows and made her face appear much more skull-like than before, "Well is it yours? Or is it Ahkmou's?" The Lestrin demanded. Agrona heard another shot ring out but did not shift her expressions, her sharp incisors were still in plain sight. She rattled the Matoran as venomous words spat in Ishi's face, "Speak boy."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

Kohra continued to hang back in silence.There wasn't much need for her to talk at the moment. Which was just as well, since she did not have to participate in the ego-fueled discussion. Say what you will about the unguided Rahkshi, at least they still served a single purpose - to protect and enforce the will of the dark presence in this place. They did not argue over personal preferences. It made her appreciate the time she had spent as a solitary agent of the shadows a little more.

She noticed Rorg had en expression that mirrored her feelings. It wasn't too often that Vortixx and Skakdi shared opinions.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

In the corner of my eye, I noticed as Echelon glanced towards me; almost imperceptibly, I smiled. He probably considered what I was doing a waste of time; I, meanwhile, derived enjoyment from trying to coax out the Kraata, and its death wasn't currently on my mind. I had always like Kraata, after all, and I saw no reason why I couldn't try to take one as a pet for myself. I reached into a pouch on my belt, and pulled out a small amount of smoked Mahi - I needed something to snack on while on the trail, after all - and held it out towards the Kraata.

Slowly, the small, slug-like creature came out towards me, taking a nibble of the Mahi while I picked it up and began to move back towards the group, stroking its back with one finger to calm it. So long as I could keep it calm and distracted, I knew it wouldn't shock me or any of my companions, and that I would end up having time to tame it. Any Rahi could be tamed, after all. Quietly, I came to stand next to Kohra, watching as Echelon's two new hirelings bickered with each other.

"It seems I haven't missed much," I said quietly, so that only Kohra might hear.

profiles i guess

"I am no boy, woman, no more than I'm your meat," Ishi replied with a snap of his head to face the lesterin witchdoctor, his mismatched eyes oddly disconcerting. "I am Ahkmou, servant of the Makuta, and I did not changed my body and seek the shadows to have such pithy words thrown into my face" Finding strength from Agrona's earlier healing he pushed himself up, somehow able to pull his shoulders from her grasp, and stood inside the bark bubble created by the toa of the green who had stepped outside. Even in his damaged coat he looked small but formidable. He knew with a simple pull of a knife against his throat she could kill him, he knew anger was perhaps a rash action, but Ishi Polzin also knew of Ahkmou's arrogance and dutifully played the part. There was no way out besides the course he'd chosen. Oddly, the false name felt natural on his tongue and for a brief moment he wondered if perhaps he really was Ahkmou, or a facsimile in kind.

• Upvote 2

"I am no boy, woman, no more than I'm your meat," Ishi replied with a snap of his head to face the lesterin witchdoctor, his mismatched eyes oddly disconcerting. "I am Ahkmou, servant of the Makuta, and I did not changed my body and seek the shadows to have such pithy words thrown into my face" Finding strength from Agrona's earlier healing he pushed himself up, somehow able to pull his shoulders from her grasp, and stood inside the bark bubble created by the toa of the green who had stepped outside. Even in his damaged coat he looked small but formidable. He knew with a simple pull of a knife against his throat she could kill him, he knew anger was perhaps a rash action, but Ishi Polzin also knew of Ahkmou's arrogance and dutifully played the part. There was no way out besides the course he'd chosen. Oddly, the false name felt natural on his tongue and for a brief moment he wondered if perhaps he really was Ahkmou, or a facsimile in kind.

Agrona's brow furrowed, Clever little ####. There was no way to confirm this, and no way to confirm otherwise. At least not with her own banks of knowledge. She had never met Ahkmou, but had heard some things about the Dark Matoran from Echelon and other associates. She scowled and gave a "hm" as if thinking hard.

Agrona's put her first through the bark wall, sending some of Syvra's handiwork flying through the darkness. The Witchdoctor glanced outside, "Echelon," a hint of a smile spread across Agrona's lips. She looked back at Ishi, "Do you remember your most recent conversation with the Matoran Ahkmou?"

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"Oh, I don't know that that will be needed," I replied. "While the Rahkshi needs a Kraata, no Kraata needs a Rahkshi...and any Kraata worth giving a shell should be able to survive without one." I stroked the Kraata's back, again, the creature's smooth skin passing quickly under my fingers. I had never been able to hold one in my hands like this, before, but there was an almost undeniable sense of power to be gained just from that. I couldn't help but wonder what might happen if I were to starve it and throw it and some enemy of mine.

profiles i guess

IC:

In silence, the Fe-Toa warrior sheathed his blade. Eisen observed the sequence of events in continued quiet, arms crossed and as still as a statue. His expression never changed, but he practically radiated waves of distaste; Watching these beings bicker and fight was pitiful, and did nothing to improve his opinions of either of them.

His estimation of Syvra fell by the minute, but nevertheless, Echelon considered him useful. Eisen did not agree, but for the moment, he would keep his silence.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Echelon)

Echelon was not impressed by Syvra and J'Con's bickering.

"Enough of this," he stated, not loudly, but his voice had enough weight to discourage any further argument - at least, not while he was in earshot. "I will not participate in your little discussion but I will remind you that if the two of you are incapable of working together, you will likely both fail in your task."

After a moment's silence he answered Syvra's question.

"Leave a message for us here. I expect you have enough facility with your powers to create a suitable hiding-spot for it."

The Dark Toa turned his head at Agrona's call, and having given the Legacy's newest operatives one last warning look, he approached her and the Matoran.

"Ahkmou?" he replied, narrowing his eyes. "Why do you ask that?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

The Toa was quite aware that the opinions of him were low for the time being, but this didn't really upset him. Anyways it didn't look as though opinions on the moron he was stuck with were any higher. At least once he was out of his body he wouldn't have to speak with Syvra.

"We should go."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

Agrona gave Echelon a look, "Our friend here claims to be Ahkmou in another body," she returned to Ishi's gaze all the while wearing a sly smile, "Why doesn't Ahkmou recite his and Echelon's most recent conversation? That is unless he'd like to tell us something else..."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

Syvra merely nodded to Echelon and then his gaze drifted to J'con motioning with his right hand

"Lead the way to this cove you have in Ga-koro. We can plan further from there."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Ishi was still in the bubble of bark as Agrona and Echelon conversed. By the bioluminescent rose on the wall of the bark bubble the informant could make out the face of a captive on the ground near his foot. It took another moment to realize the toa's mouth was missing, a smooth patch of skin where lips should have been, the likely culprit the witch who'd saved his life and scarred his hand. Ishi was learning more about the lesterin healer called Agrona by the moment and factoring whatever he could into his developing plan for survival. It was a slim chance, escaping with his life, but armed with nothing but his words the Hapaka had slipped through the fingers of the Architect and evaded the Spider's web. Each situation was different than the present, but in each Ishi had learned something new about himself. With Ambages Ishi had discovered the secret of reverse psychology, with Caerus he had tamed his own arrogance.

Secrets stay safest when buried, Ishi remembered. Once, his own life had been a secret, the memory of his hopes and dreams buried in the pages of the Mata-Nui Daily obituaries. In those thirty years of death he took on many roles. Those were the days of his walks in the shadows, his years of playing who he wasn't. For thirty years Ishi'd worn a mask of anonymity, stealing secrets without a trace and selling them through the mouths of other men. Curiosity of the marks brought him into the open and the secret of his life had been in jeopardy ever since. Down in the deep and surrounded by strangers Ishi felt a creeping in his soul: had unburying his life set him on a course to Karzahni? If so, he would make the most of the ride down.

He stepped into the reddish dark of Mangaia while casting aside his coat. The tattered lava-eel skin and metal brigandine would be useless in the upcoming trial, and wearing a coat filled with metal when a toa of magnetism was about was ludicrous. The kukri’s sheath also clattered to the ground, unbuckled mid-stride. Without the coat the collection of beings existing as outlines against the darkness could plainly see the shoulder rigged harness for Ishi’s karambit, tucked tightly inside it’s sheath. Besides the diminutive knife Ishi was unarmed, in a physical sense.

“Tell you what, you quote some conversation we had ages ago Echelon and I’ll decide whether or not I believe you altered your body like I did, although whichever toa of iron you got for the recoloring I’ll admit did a handsome job. I’m sure you wouldn’t get the words perfect, but oh well - we all have to leave a little room for error don’t we?” Ishi laughed and cocked his head as he observed the others, Two skakdi, a vortixx, a mysteriously muscular tower next to the vortixx who demanded attention once the situation allowed, and Agrona. Without pausing to consider the rationality he walked into their midst until he was close enough to make out the details of Echelon’s face. His footsteps echoed softly throughout the cavern.

“Or maybe there’s a better way. Faith is a crazy thing, but if you believe in Him you can believe in me when I say I serve the master of Shadows. Maybe you're the one who's false. All shadows bicker as to their shape but none can doubt their origin."

Edited by Kughii

IC:

"You attempt to shift the scrutiny from yourself to Echelon."

The Fe-Toa's voice cut in smoothly, a calm, almost amused, verbal blade, slicing through the wordplay to the heart of the matter. Eisen broke his stillness to turn, and take a few measured steps towards the Matoran, arms crossed and keen eyes fixed upon the diminutive being. He looked once from Echelon, analytically, then briefly to Agrona, and finally, back to Ishi.

"A clever endeavor, but a futile one. You are the one in question. Echelon's identity is not a matter of faith; It is a matter of fact. While his appearance has been altered, it is slight; Furthermore, there are some things that cannot be replicated by an impostor. I am satisfied by the evidence mine eyes have perceived, as are my companions; Some of whom have encountered him before."

A pause, as the Fe-Toa's eyes narrowed. "Your attempts at verbal maneuvers is clumsy, and does not lend credence to your claims. A shadow may be a shadow, but a shadow can easily be cast by a false light."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Oh, this was a brave one we were dealing with. Still - beyond the obvious courage he displayed (or stupidity, depending on your point of view), his ploy was childish in the extreme. First to try and act like a Matoran that a number of us knew of and at least one of us knew well, and then to try and shift the focus of questioning from himself to that same person who would know, the best of all of us, how to tell if this little half-wit Matoran was who he said to be.

"My colleague is correct," I said then, jumping into the conversation myself. "You were the one who claimed to be Akhmou; therefore, it falls upon you to prove your claim. Your rather childish attempt at shifting attention from yourself to Echelon might work on Matoran as dimwitted as you appear to be, but I think we'd all rather dispense with the games and get on to business."

profiles i guess

IC (Echelon)

Echelon nodded slowly as his comrades spoke, one hand rubbing his chin musingly. He did not speak, nor did he move from where he stood.

His eyes flitted away from the Po-Matoran towards something in Agrona's hand - something that had not been there before. It was a book, bound in fading leather.

The Dark Toa didn't bother to ask. Shadows curled across the journal's surface as it was lifted from the Lesterin's grasp and floated into Echelon's waiting hand.

"What is this?" he asked.

Ishi looked to the skakdi as he approached, noticing the shimmer of metal gauntlets in the dark of Mangaia. The tall being, who stood over a head above a vortixx, spoke with a voice powerful and commanding and echoed the skakdi's sentiments. In the background he made out a glove covering the left arm of the vortixx who stood silently, not doubt waiting for a moment to strike. The name Kohra came to mind, but her coloration was black like Echelon's. However, the shadowy tendrils Echelon employed brought an answer to the altered appearances. Somehow Makuta had sent a boon to his servants, or maybe something else was at work. The Informant would learn sooner or later and for now kept his silence on the matter.

“Yes it’s my journal and you’re welcome to peruse it, although I’ve little doubt you’ll find yourself unable to read beyond the numbers. Maybe you’d want a demonstration of my handwriting, or a reading from some of its pages? I brought you weapons and supplies in Xa-Koro before you laid waste to that Island Liberation Front, Echelon. I was told you needed an edge and I provided it.” Ishi had read a brief passage about the movement of materials to Xa-Koro for the dark toa’s assault during his sleepless nights decoding Ahkmou's journal. Its words like most of the entries were vague, but Ahkmou’s clear distaste for open ocean was enough to guess the two men met when the materials were shipped to the crime infested Koro now unfortunately beneath the ocean. With luck his conjecture was not a suicidal fabrication.

“If there is some other test in which to prove my loyalty to Makuta I’m happy to do so. What matters more, though,” said Ishi, “is that we’ve met again and this time instead of materials I bring knowledge. Since my exile from Po-Koro I’ve worked diligently to spread our master’s shadows, and finally I’ve found a way to destroy the unity of those who do not bow to Him, to turn them against each other and let chaos and blood run free."

• 2 weeks later...

IC (Echelon)

"You have a very interesting way of attempting to gain trust," Echelon observed coldly, snapping the journal shut. "All that links you to Ahkmou is a name and a book - and you and I know that both things are easily stolen."

He took three steps towards the Po-Matoran, and raised a hand, palm facing him as though instructing him to stop.

Ishi found himself unable to move his limbs or turn his head, locked in place by invisible forces and lifted bodily off the ground until he was face to face with Echelon. Shadows flickered across his form.

"I only met Ahkmou once, you know," the Dark Toa said, his cold green eyes mere inches from the mismatched ones of the Matoran. "He was timid. Respectful. He hid it well, but I knew he was in fear and awe of me and my comrades. But you...you walk in the halls of Makuta, surrounded by not one but six of us...and yet you show neither fear nor deference, but wax lyrical to us."

Echelon released the magnetic hold and the Po-Matoran dropped to the floor.

"Both body and personality completely changed?" he continued as the Matoran picked himself up. "Even if you were speaking the truth, you may as well be a different person."

There was then a change in Echelon's tone, from cold disdain to...interest, perhaps? A recognition of opportunity?

"However. Your true identity is neither here nor there; we do not need Ahkmou. We need an Ahkmou.

"And as it happens, there is indeed a...test."

• Upvote 1

He coughed, hands and knees pressed into the stone floor for support.  Echelon's elemental attack was expected but nevertheless the shock of his body falling to the whims of another left the informant physically shaken.  Ishi could feel inside himself the places the necromancer had tugged on and it made him gag.  How was he always so powerless?  Even his attempted deduction of Ahkmou's personality had failed.  Ishi had misread the clues in the makuta-followers words, had falsely deduced the body movement and habits from Ahkmou starting the Cultured Gentry.  It was disgusting to have made such clear blunders.

Echelon's remark brought Ishi back to the present and the po-matoran pushed himself on to his feet before replying.  He swayed a little, knees still weakened by the effects of having shadow and magnetism coursing through his veins, but managed to stay up.  

"I'll take this test."

Edited by Kughii