BZPRPG - Kini-Nui

Nuju Metru

IC: Volin

"Hey," I cut in. "If it's convenient, we'll go see about bunking up with these monks, professionals or not. If they turn us away, then whoopty frickin' doo; we'll just make camp elsewhere. For now though, let's worry about coming back in one piece."

I checked my watch a second time, silently ticking away with only ten minutes left on the clock. Enough time for a quick smoke.

"Also, you're wrong on that end, chubster," I said, lighting a dart. "Might wanna grab a dictionary next time you hit the books."

Edited by TX Wade

IC Flabbergaster

Flabbergaster glared at Arvas, raising a finger as if he was to say something, then forgetting the idea after listening to the statement several times inside his head.

Hearing the gibberish, Flabbergaster grinned and got up from his leaning position. "Good question. Maybe we all need a dictionary or two."

IC: Trava (Campground)

Trava had decided to ignore the ongoing argument, instead making sure her equipment was in good condition and ready to go.

"Let's see, knife, staff, dart blower... all good," she eventually determined, "how much that's gonna be of use against a Rahkshi, though... I'm ready to find out"

Looking around her a couple times, Trava quietly stepped away for a moment, into the forest itself around the clearing again. In a shadowed spot, against a tree, she found a bare patch of grees to kneel at. She folded her hands in her lap, cast her closed eyes downward, and breathed quietly.

"Artakha, Lord of Order, Karzahni, Lord of Chaos, yet again I stand, at both your tresholds, without knowing where my steps will take me. I ask no sympathy, I ask no favour, I simply ask that you understand... the why of it, the reasons why I do what I do and am who I am. If I die today, I die as I've lived, freely. Maybe with regrets, maybe with doubts, but they're mine all the same, and always will be. Wherever I end up, I'll go there gladly, I expect no reward, or punishment. Life has these things in abundance, and whatever you can do to the spirit, the flesh has already endured. Off I go, on my own path."

She remained there for a while, whispering softly as she mentally prepared herself.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Following Trava's example, I withdraw from conversation and run a quick, careful check of my equipment, then pull out my iStone and add a journal entry. Briefly, I describe where I'm at and what I'm doing. I also add a few notes regarding the persons I've fallen into league with; their names, identifying features, and the like.

When I'm done with this, I power down the device and stash it a pocket of my backpack (rather than my armored vest). It'll be safer there. I spent good money on it; I'm not about to to risk its life in addition to my own.

I then lay me down in a puddle of shade, my head pillowed on a few dry leaves, and catch a few winks of ever-precious shuteye.

IC:

Mata Nui knows Unity. Against the Master of Shadows, the villages were as one. Their unity was tested. But it perseveres.

The villagers know Duty. To  their homes, to their laws, and to each other. But Destiny… They believe Destiny to be a simple matter of effect. Destiny simply is, and if it is to be, it will be. Nothing will stop that outcome. Destiny is direct, Destiny is specific, and Destiny is concrete. The foretold outcome cannot be stopped, it cannot even be slowed. The plan for the world is absolute. Skeptics choose not to believe in Destiny for this very reason; how can anything predict, with absolute certainty, what will be? How could any force possibly ensure that the world will follow a certain path?

In fact, they say, there is proof. Proof that Destiny is fallible. The First Toa were Destined to defeat Makuta. Their arrival was supposed to be proof of imminent victory, and their descent into Mangaia the end of Darkness’ reign. But they failed. His reign persisted for decades afterwards, after the Rahkshi had reestablished his dominance. They failed. And in their failing, their Destiny was shown to be a hollow falsehood. And as far as these skeptics know, as far as their idea of Destiny goes, they are correct. The plan for the world is not infallible. Not inflexible.

It is rather that all possibilities are planned for. The First Toa did defeat Makuta… In a way. In that way, their arrival was an imminent sign of victory. Their descent into Mangaia was the beginning of the end of Darkness’ reign. Years later that which made the First Toa who they were, their Essence, was stolen back. Years beyond that their Essence would fell the Master of Shadows from within their new vessels. Their Destiny held true, but not in the way that it was expected. That is the truth of Destiny. It is not an overriding force, guiding every action irresistibly and incorruptibly. It can be resisted. It can be defied. It can be changed. Destiny is not for little events, or for little people. It governs not the ripples in the stream of the world, but the current. On a small scale it can be altered, redirected, even stopped… But in the macrocosm of life, it always persists.

Mangaia’s denizens have a predilection, a propensity, for such defiance. The Master of Shadows in particular, but such disruptions to the world’s current persist even in his absence. It was aware of the Abettor’s corruption from the instant it occurred. It could sense the dark, foul taint of the Antidermis pervading every iota of the Abettor’s being. The guardian had been turned from its purpose. Its parameters had been fundamentally shifted, altered by the Makuta’s last defiance. Even in defeat, he twisted Destiny to his purposes.

But It was aware. It could not act itself, it was powerless to alter the flow of fate. It had not been given that agency. But it knew. The Maru, Joske... They all knew It as the Keeping Place. They could not help It now, It knew. They were beyond Its reach. They were not suitable. Time passed around It, but such things did not matter to the Keeping Place. All that mattered was its purpose. It mattered not that the Antidermis was spreading, it mattered not that the Village of Ice had fallen, it mattered not that the Maru splintered. It mattered not that the Ta-Toa was dead. They were not suitable. Hundreds of beings on Mata Nui, but the rest were still lost to It. It could not reach them, not in time. Those that were lost were not suitable. But its search continued. The Keeping Place needed six. Six agents to correct the flow, to be the Spirit’s defiance of his own powerless.. They needed to be United. They needed to be Dutiful. To set right the wrong they were now Destined.  Not because it was the plan. Because it was planned for.

Some of the lost ones reached Its domain, and in their midst It found one. One from the land the rest must reach. One to help Unite them. The rest… So many that had lost their way. So many that ignored, willfully, what they could do. Too many that believed their quiet, passive Destiny was set in stone from the moment of their birth. That they lacked agency in a world too massive for them to affect change. Currents too powerful to make waves. They forgot, or perhaps they ignored, that their kind held within them the power of heroes. It needed six. Six with the ability to take their Destiny in their hands. With the will to do what the Keeping Place needed done.

It could not act.

But It could show them how.

One of the lost ones. Five of the natives. Six with the Unity and the Duty. Now the Keeping Place would entrust to them the Destiny. With six names, he gathered his cloak around him and rejoined the flow of time.

• Upvote 10

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Volin

When Volin brought his watch up for the last time, he took one final drag of his cigarette before smothering it beneath his heel. 

"Time's up," he announced suddenly. "Whatever you're doing, finish up and get ready to move." 

A collective shuffling acknowledged his statement, as each member concluded their preparations for the journey ahead. When everyone was ready, they strode out of camp and left the ravine behind, walking in stoic silence until they reached the entrance of the Darkwalk. The tension in the air was palpable as they began their descent, many acutely aware of the possibility that they may never see the light of day again.

In the matter of a few minutes, the light at the end of the tunnel was extinguished, replaced by a gathering of lightstones which only seemed to feed the darkness pressing against them. Volin, spearheading the group's formation, couldn't see any further than the ground a couple of feet away from him and the wall they clung to. He'd never felt this blind in his life, not even in the darkest depths of Onu-Wahi, and the notion that they were being watched when they couldn't see ##### was almost crippling.

He'd already decided that this trip was the extent of his career in Rahkshi hunting.

"Everyone still good? I'm gonna move to the back row and let the front-liners lead from now on."

Edited by TX Wade

IC:Arvas

Arvas was used to dark places. And he knew from experience that darkness could hide form and detail, but not always movement.

"Absolutely. Everyone who opted for front line...be the front line."

Yeah. Did good Arvas.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Trava (Darkwalk)

"Still alive, at least" Trava replied from where she was stalking by herself out to the side. The darkness around all of them was like a smothering blanket, or in Trava's personal opinion, like an iron curtain had been wrapped over all her senses and deprived her of any sort of stimuli. She silently cursed the darkness as she fought to sense through it.

She was hunched over, staying near the cold stone floor, squinting through the darkness to make out any detail, anything at all. In the end, all she could make out was the dull silhouettes of her companions, and the vague outline of the tunnel they were in.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Rannin

Rannin nodded, moving to the front of the group and detaching his large sword from his back. His talents were heavily geared towards close-range combat, and hopefully he would serve as an optimal front-line combatant and cover for the rest of the hunters. He readied his blade, the silver of the weapon shining dully in the glow of the lightstones. It was dark, oppressively so, to the point that had the Makuta not been defeated, he could have easily described the ... feeling (or lack thereof) to be comparable.

Maybe it was the Makuta. Maybe a remnant of his grip over the island.

"I'm ready," he spoke, his low voice cutting through the dark.

IC:

I have ever been comfortable with the darkness.

I feel at home here.

I draw my long knife, shifting it immediately to a secure, versatile left-handed hammer grip. This leaves my right hand free for... other purposes. As the situation warrants. These close quarters will demand flexibility, ease of reaction, and unhampered mobility. Not simply bladework alone, but grip and fist and manipulation of inertia.

Not to mention other... options. But I'd rather not spring that card at this point. Not when it remains, as yet, unrevealed. I am a careful person. And unlike some, I keep my hidden strengths just that. Until the time comes, if it comes.

Secrets, my friends. Secrets.

Moving into a forward position on Rannin's right, I voice my state of preparation with a terse, understated, "Ready."

IC:

Oceanna moved towards the front line. Because rock stars always took the lead!

Hello darkness my old friend...I've come to talk with you again...

Living in Onu-koro her whole life, Oceanna was used to the darkness. Still, there was something unsettling in the air. Something that gave her the chills.

For once in her life she was silent.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Toshiko

IC: I had settled slightly back from the front line, my skillset lay in fast movements and strategic blows. I would strike whil the front line fighters held the opponent's attention.

Besides it gave me room to start drawing a map in the light of the stone hanging around my neck. There was a bag of them at my side should any of the others decide they wanted one.

The urge to run ahead into the dark unknown was strong. The chance to explore a tunnel system that people barely knew anything about? The thought of it was already sending adrenalin running through her veins.

Something held her back though. Instinct, training, half forgotten memories or just plain old common sense. Running off would at best get her lost and at worst impailed on a Rahkshi staff, probably both.

So she stayed back, slowly drawing the beginnings of the map the group would need if they planned on hunting in these tunnels.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Arvas similarly found himself at the front, shield up, both hands on the handle to his greatsword. His eyes focused dead ahead. The walls were close enough that he could tell they were just walls, so if anything came to attack them, it would be from the front. Beyond only a few feet, Arvas could see nothing.

The grip on his sword tightened.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC Flabbergaster

As Toshiko came up alongside him, Flabbergaster whispered out a growl to himself because of the light. He squinted to see deeper into the darkness, but only got a little bit farther than Arvas could.

Crud.

The scowl marks partially visible on his noble Rau increased then, as he took a quick glance behind them. Shoot... Barely anyone in back anymore... Hopefully I can watch both.

IC (Kohra):

There was another bout of silent walking, until Kohra decided to ask a question.

"Tell me Echelon, what are your plans regarding those in our village with a less than loyal disposition?"

IC (Echelon)

"The answer to that question depends on the nature of the 'disloyalty'," Echelon replied. "If you refer to the spies the Akiri have doubtless already sent to infiltrate our city, then there are ways we might identify them or flush them out. False flag operations, for example. But if you mean the mercenary types whose loyalty is only to their own enrichment, and who might be swayed by greener pastures or higher bidders...retaining them may be difficult."

The Dark Toa's expression hardened.

"Particularly so since you have given away half of our leverage."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Kohra):

Kohra met the dark Toa's look with confidence. She was many things, but easily pushed wasn't one.

"I made funds available - in return for valuable information aimed precisely at flushing out spies by using the mercs' sense of loyalty. Handed out only upon confirmation that said information is good. Hardly what constitutes 'giving away'."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Rahkshi Hunters

Having settled into formation, the hunters pressed onwards. They strode in silence, no one daring to speak a word while their attention stood fixed on the path ahead, one that seemed to stretch on for miles as Toshiko mapped every twist and turn their group encountered. Volin on the other hand, regularly checked his watch and kept everyone up to date with the time. It had only been an hour since they first descended, though time in the Mangaia crawled at a snail’s pace and to many, that hour felt like an eternity.

Very little changed as they navigated the maze. The darkness never abated, the walls continuously towered several meters in the air, and the shadows expertly concealed any visible change in detail. Oftentimes, Volin felt as if they’d walked right by something important without noticing. Worse, as if they were being watched. 

The thought kept him alert.

Finally, a break in monotony had come into view. The group slowed, stopping to assess a dim crimson light emanating off in the distance. A hushed debate occurred on whether they should explore it or not, and after briefly considering all other options, the consensus was to move forward and inspect the strange light. Careful in their approach, they recognized its source as a lightstone and discovered that the blood-red rock stood fixed atop a path diverging into three separate routes. They resembled the Darkwalks, each separate path being a massive empty maw waiting to swallow any who dared wander its halls. As far as anyone was concerned, nothing truly distinguished one from the other.

Before anyone could speak up however, something echoed from the middle path ahead of them. The sound was very faint, but it was constant and only seemed to get louder. Still in formation, the front-liners held their ground as a solid wall while everyone else either hung back or off to the side. 

If Volin hadn’t been so preoccupied with the noise, he might have noticed the shift in movement to the right.

Hammerlock, standing closest to the right wall, suddenly felt something crash into him with all the force of a Kane-Ra, sending him barrelling into his front-line allies until he lay flat on his back. When he opened his eyes, a blur of red and gold stood right above him, hovering a pointed spear inches away from his face before a crossbow bolt grazed its serpentine visage, causing it to flinch and hiss something bone-chilling while the Vo-Lesterin took the opportunity to recuperate.

Amid the panic and confusion, few noticed that the sound they were previously so focused on grew louder, now resembling metallic footsteps scraping against the floor. Oceanna quickly picked up on it, turning around just in time to be greeted by a pair of twin laser beams shooting out from the darkness. Shortly after, a red and orange Rahkshi emerged from the middle path, baring its staff in silence as it approached the group with the grace of an apex predator. 

Trava, off to the side, rushed in to help but was cut mid-way when a tan Rahkshi dropped from the ceiling and landed directly in front of her, following through with a swing of its staff.

OOC *Please Read*: Alright guys, the Rahkshi battle has begun but I just wanna go through a few things before we jump right in. First, I'll be RPing the Rahkshi (with staff permission), so keep bunnying to a minimum; I'll do my best to make sure they react appropriately in order to avoid a cluster#### where everyone takes a shot at the wheel. Secondly, just 'cause I control the Rahkshi doesn't mean I have authority to brutally maim your characters and murder them with auto-hit powers and invincible NPCs. However, I still expect realistic gameplay. Remember, these guys can mop the floor with your average Joe, meaning it's not going to be a cakewalk and you're more likely than not to take a few hits, big or small. 

All to say, play smart, play fair, and I'll try to make this as fun as I can  ;)

Rahkshi listed are: chameleon, laser-vision and elasticity 

• Upvote 1

Okay. Tactical analysis time, keep calm, in tabletop games thinking is a free action. Three of them, already racing into close quarters. They were already outnumbered in terms of close-quarters fighters, but from what he'd heard number wasn't an advantage to write home about against these things. Still, we weren't at a disadvantage. Yet.

Hammerlock had almost been speared in the throat but was back on their feet, that tin can having been stunned briefly by Volin. That thing was angry. Best keep an eye on it for the immediate moment.

The second one could shoot laser beams. Considering that this was a snake-like war machine, those were probably pretty dangerous. Hopefully a Hau and a three-and-a-half-inch-thick shield was enough to stop those. It was keeping its distance for the time being and was taking shots at Oceanna. Keep moving, Guitar Girl, don't let it get a lock on you.

The third one had dropped right into immediate close quarters, right in front of Trava. Probably a problem. Well, they were all a problem, really, he was just weighing how much of one they all were.

Okay. Phase 'Let's look at what we're up against' complete. Time for phase two:

'What in the name of Karz do I do with myself now'.

Let's look at them individually again, first.

Attacking the one firing laser beams was tremendously disadvantageous. Not only would it place Arvas alone against the beast, but it would also create a hole in the front line. And a break in formation could doom said formation. As in, the unit. Anyone who had ranged weapons should target that one, at least until it enters hand-to-hand range. Or until everyone else was either dead, fleeing or had killed the other two.

The one on front of Trava had what you call a 'Surprise Advantage'. Having caught them off guard and already being in close quarters. However, with Trava being somewhere considerably different in the formation, it wasn't presently paying to attention to him. An excellent opportunity to bring a Greatsword into its back. Or smash in its knees. Or just knock it over and wail on it from there. However.

Attacking that one would leave him open to both the Laser Rahkshi and the one to his right, in front of Hammerlock. Especially the one to his right. If he was quick enough after landing a blow he could spin around and use his mask and shield to block any incoming strikes. Attacking the one attacking Hammerlock ensured his own personal safety the most, his shield facing the other two, but at the cost of it seeing it coming, in all likelihood. On the other hand, it was presently preoccupied by a minimum of two people and even robots took a moment to register that their ally has just taken an oversized blade to the back. A moment for him to move back into a safer position.

Phase three. Final decision.

The one with its back turned it is.

Eyes darting to his left, Arvas swung his Greatsword in a tremendous downwards arc, the heavy blade leaving its resting place on his shoulder as it came down on the Rahkshi with all the might of a mildly annoyed Fe-Toa with an unreasonably large sword.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC Flabbergaster

Cursed metal amalgamations, and their ability to dodge even a fine-tuned hunter's senses

Flabbergaster had been shoved forwards by the stumbling Hammerlock, and rested against the side of the wall for a second as he tried to process what had just happened. He had noticed the Rahkshi the moment before it was about to strike Hammerlock, but what came out was a barely noticeable whisper instead of a cry of warning, and now here he was in a state of shock.

Time to take things into account. And fast. It was stated Rahkshi were three times the strength of a Toa, so only rely on brute strength when they're near their last. Even with a strong boost of his already impressive strength, he wouldn't stand a chance if they put their back into it. And his mask was a Karzing noble Rau. Whee.

As for weapons, he wasn't about to cut himself open again on purpose, so he'd have to rely on his undersized daggers and hope to win a Rahkshi staff afterwards... Or snatch one in the fight, which was unlikely. As for the Rahkshi to attack, they had clearly seen the group before the group had seen them, so they had to have advanced darkness vision. If he only had a projected lightstone... Oh well.

Seeing how the one that shot the laser blast was the one with the highest probability of actually killing someone, he crossed his fingers in his mind and, hoping his darker colours would conceal him slightly better, unsheathed his knives and increased his leg strength, and propelled at the laser Rahkshi with impressive speed, with the intent of either ramming it or stabbing it.

Toshiko- Rahkshi Hunters

IC: The map had been put away as soon as sounds had started echoing through the tunnels. It was not hard to guess what they meant in a place like this.

So when Hammerlock was sent tumbling to the ground I moves immediately. The unexpected crossbow bolt caused the Rahkshi to twitch back and gave me the time to cross the small distance between us and send a batojutsu strike at the monster's right elbow. My trusty blade hummed as it exited the sheath, its enhanced cutting properties activating and turning what would have been nothing but an annoyance into a crippling threat.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

I roll over in a pulsing blur of adrenaline and swing to my feet, half-crouching, muscles humming beneath my armor and skin. I am aware of motion on my left, of what seems to be an overall three-fold threat judging by incoming data from peripherals, but it's the immediate threat of snarling red-and-gold I'm focusing on.

And already I'm moving. Moving as thought, never slowing.

For 'tis strong I am, and I rely on muscle for many things, but I cannot for this. Never can I begin to hope of overpowering a Rahkshi. But I am a Vo-Lesterin, born of the crackle of ozone and the hot breath of sky-fire, and it is not blood alone that pulses in my veins but raw chain lightning. And this is my edge. This is what I bring to the table.

I know speed. I am speed.

As Toshiko strikes, I'm moving, driving in low and hard but a trifle outside, on the Chameleon Rahkshi's right flank. The batojutsu strike will force the creature to parry forwards, slightly inwards; I should be able to exploit the fleeting opening and send home a few quick strokes from behind. Perhaps to the shoulder joint, or the hip...

I move.

And for me, time slows.

OOC: Guys, one thing. Leaving Wade to pore through all our posts to see which Rahkshi we're attacking can be pretty taxing for just one guy. So I strongly suggest you highlight in bold which Rahkshi you're facing, and how you're attacking it. Makes things much easier.

IC: Rahkshi Hunters

Trava, off to the side, rushed in to help but was cut mid-way when a tan Rahkshi dropped from the ceiling and landed directly in front of her, following through with a swing of its staff.

Eyes darting to his left, Arvas swung his Greatsword in a tremendous downwards arc, the heavy blade leaving its resting place on his shoulder as it came down on the Rahkshi with all the might of a mildly annoyed Fe-Toa with an unreasonably large sword.

As far as I could tell from your post, Aegis, you're attacking the one facing Trava. Doesn't actually figure into my post, but I'd like to at least point to it.

IC: Trava (Darkwalk, Rahkshi fight)

Trava hurled herself to the side when the she spotted the staff incoming. Alas, she still felt a searing pain across her back as the polearm slammed into her from behind, sending her tumbling a couple steps before she regained control.

Trava was taken aback by being surprised. In this darkness, even her mask couldn't help her spot someone out of the corner of her eye, she'd have to be careful.

"Artakha forbid if I let an overgrown slug get the better of me" the huntress resolved.

Trava gripped her staff, and pivoted around to deliver a swipe to the Rahkshi's midsection.

OOC: Attacking the Tan-colored Rahkshi

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The Rahkshi of elasticity watched with indiscernible satisfaction as its wounded prey stumbled to the side, the moment lasting less than a few seconds before it bent its knees in preparation to strike once more. Just as it thought to push off, Arvas’ fast-approaching footfall alerted the creature to his presence, causing it to swivel around just in time to catch his blade with its staff. Feeling the greatsword’s weight pushing against it, the Rahkshi returned the favour by pushing back with enough strength to send the Toa of iron stumbling away. Just then, a bo staff plowed hard into its side, earning Trava a successful blow that evened the score but sent the Rahkshi into a fury. Snarling, it swung its staff in a circular arc which the Lesterin ducked below, only to receive a swift kick in the chest that pushed her back a few feet. 

With both foes in sight and at a distance, the Rahkshi’s hateful glare swept over them while it slowly backed away, baring its staff in challenge to any who dared chase after. Suddenly, it settled into an odd stance as if to spear someone despite being out of range, and when it thrust its arm forward, something inexplicable occurred. Stretching several times the length of its own body, the Rahkshi’s arm shot out like an arrow towards Arvas, the spear being its tip, closing the gap between them at a dangerous rate.

The Rahkshi of laser vision held its ground, observing the Tiokaha with mute apathy. Lazily, it twirled its staff in one hand, spinning the weapon from side to side like a knife-user would to intimidate his foe. Flabbergaster didn’t know whether to feel baited or warded off yet he continued his pursuit at full speed, thrusting with one dagger the second he got a close shot. The Rahkshi, looking like it was ready to meet him head on, surprised Flabbergaster by feigning a block and sidestepping at the last second. Carried by his forward momentum, he sailed past the Rahkshi and felt its swing bite into his back, opening a small gash. 

When he whirled around, the Rahkshi simply stood in place, unmoving as it stared him down with what could have been disinterest. Blood trickled from the wound on his back, and though the pain wasn’t intense enough to be serious, he was too preoccupied by a mixture of adrenaline and fear to notice. He didn’t know what to do as the beast stared at him, making no effort to attack as it stood sentinel between him and the chamber he was in mere moments ago. That was when Flabbergaster realized that he stood inside the mouth of the middle path, its narrower walls converging on both sides while nothing but utter darkness clawed at his back. As if reading his mind, the Rahkshi took one step forward. 

The chameleon Rahkshi was surprised by Toshiko’s speed, though it parried her vibroblade with reflexive ease. It swung once in retaliation and this time it was Toshiko’s turn to deflect the blow, sparks briefly illuminating their faces upon clashing. Reckless in its assault, Hammerlock took advantage of the opening to land a couple of blows to the Rahkshi’s back. Dull pain ached across his knuckles on impact, and when he reared his left fist for a third hit, the Rahkshi let loose a high-pitch screech which caused all nearby fighters to flinch. In the heat of the moment, it activated flight-mode and tore off a few meters away before vanishing into thin air.

Or so they thought. In the dim light, the camouflaged Rahkshi was little more than an invisible blur, its faint outline nearly synonymous with the dark stone of the Mangaia. It circled slowly, making as little sound as possible while the hunters searched the shadows for any trace of the creature. Spotting an opening, the Rahkshi broke stealth and charged Peho’s flank in an attempt to skewer him like a pig.

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

I take a quick step back and fall on guard alongside Toshiko, flexing my gloved knuckles to make sure nothing's seriously damaged. There'll be moderate bruising, of course, but between armor and skill I daresay I've sustained no hurt.

Next time, though, I'll aim to leverage and immobilize using grappling techniques. No straight contact blows with the fists; only with boot and armored shoulder, maybe. Perhaps a knife stroke, if I get a chance at a weak spot. Rahkshi armor is every bit as solid as I expected.

My eyes dart quickly about, using both focus point and peripherals to scan the situation. Obviously the red-and-gold Rahkshi comes equipped with some sort of cloaking ability, as it's now vanished in the omniscient shadow... but not permanently, I daresay. We've dealt it no real damage; it'll keep trying. I glance to my right, then the left.

Invisibility? ...perhaps Darkness?

And now there it is... a flicker in the haze, a fleeting outline and then pow... yeah, okay, looks like Chameleon to me.

As the Chameleon Rahkshi seizes its opportunity and attacks Peho, I in turn pivot and lunge and again bore in on its flank. But not too closely, not yet, not until I have an opening. I don't want to get in the way of Peho's imminent defensive stroke.

Edited by Shadowhawk

Arvas stepped back once from the Rahkshi's counter. How did it respond so fast?

Unfortunately for the creature, it had picked the more heavily armored target, who it had given more than enough time to return to a normal stance.

The tip of the spear struck Arvas' shield with a crash.

He didn't even budge, instead giving the Rahkshi an unimpressed glare.

"Well done." The sarcasm was almost palpable. He knew how to counter this. He'd fought people with pole arms in the past, and this weird staff extending business made it temporarily function like a reach weapon. A reach weapon no longer presently posing as a threat, and in a position where he could move it. Most importantly, could it see it coming?

Best opportunity he could ask for, even if it could. Best one that came to mind, at least.

Arvas took two sharp steps forward towards the Rahkshi, bringing him back into range. As he did so, he shot his elbow out, forcing the shield into the staff's side to push it away from him, meanwhile bringing his Greatsword in a horizontal swing towards its midsection.

OOC: Attacking the Elasticity Rahkshi, just in case.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

OOC: I get that its hard to run a fight where the NPCs are supposed to be stronger than the players, but please don't bunnying Toshiko.

Also my apologies but I don't get of the fancy text options on my tablet.

Toshiko- Rahkshi Hunters

IC: The Rahkshi had been both strong and fast, as expected. What I probably also should have expected was its apparent ability to vanish into the shadows of the tunnel.

Adrenalin flowed as I stood beside Hammerlock, a smile covering my face as I searched the tunnel for any signs of our prey. The way it had vanished suggested some form of stealth rather than true invisibility.

There! A shimmer in the air just before it uncloaked and attacked Peho.

Not bother to waste my breath on battle cries I shot forward alongside Hammerlock, although vectoring in on the opposite flank from the mercenary Lesterin. Blade still humming, I aimed low, hoping to cripple the Rahkshi's leg and remove its mobility.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC:

I get that its hard to run a fight where the NPCs are supposed to be stronger than the players, but please don't bunnying Toshiko.

Echoing this. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows when and how to fairly take damage IC, even though it will definitely increase the duration of posts.

IC Flabbergaster

He didn't need a Rau to read the Rahkshi's thoughts.

Hate. Silent tactical thoughts poured in by its maker. If Rahkshi could speak, it would most assuredly be cooing a gloating string of words. And yet despite its incredibly advanced tactical skill, he doubted it had seen a foe whose blood was its strongest factor.

That was when something wet hit his heel, and a biting pain reached his head. It got me.

He re-sheathed one of his knives, reaching back around to the wound and slowly pulling blood off of it, the blood acting stringy as it hardened into what appeared to be a square-shaped miniature shield...

IC:

Truthfully, Hammerlock was what kept Peho alive.

Both of his fists clenched and aflame, adrenaline pumping in his veins like ice-water until he was nearing an out-of-body experience he was so focused, the massive Toa was still no trained warrior. Even after almost a year on the road, living on nothing but his wits and his scanty abilities, he was still a learner in the art of Not Dying in Battle, and Rahkshi ... well, even trained warriors were usually scared witless of Rahkshi. For good reason. Peho never even saw the Rahk break stealth and fly at him.

What he did see was Hammerlock's rush into the fray.

Spinning to see what had happened, it was only then that Peho saw the nightmare charging at him and, fear inspiring an old knee-jerk reflex dating back to his first memory, found himself shooting up to the roof of the tunnel. Anyone happening to look at him might have noticed the way his Kadin glowed faintly in the gloom.

Still operating on instinct -- and no small amount of terror -- the Toa threw both arms forward and let two pillars of flame erupt from his fists and spear downwards to the creature.

OOC: Peho attacking the Chameleon Rahkshi.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Rannin

Three Rahkshi.

The one with the elastic abilities was being dealt with by Arva and Trava. The chameleon, if the sudden wave of heat was any indication, was in combat with Peho now rather than simply holding off the efforts of both Hammerlock and Toshiko. The Rahkshi of Laser Vision ... that was cornering the strange, blood-manipulator creature. Rannin ran down the possibilities in his head. Their planned formation had broken down already, as was to be expected.

Which foe would he need to engage to best increase their chances of success?

A split second was all it took for him to decide. The blood-manipulator appeared to be cornered.

Rannin stepped forth, Great Mask of Strength glowing in activation as he swung his large sword diagonally at the back of the RAHKSHI OF LASER VISION.

IC:

Oceanna whirled around just in time to see two bright beams heading straight towards her. Without really thinking she moved her protosteel guitar to block the attack, but she regretted doing so. It protected her sure, but her guitar became really hot and she dropped it. Hot hot hot!

She quickly dropped to the ground in horror as she grasped for her guitar, looking it over to make sure the strings weren't damaged. I really should think about getting a real weapon....

Once she was satisfied that her guitar was not permanently damaged in any way, shape, or form, she stood up and her eyes narrowed as she looked straight at the Rahkshi of laser vision. I will drink your blood.

Her mask glowed as she began to fly off the ground and towards the Rahkshi, they may have been in a cavern, but it was a very large one. With a cry of pure rage she reached out with her elemental powers, the earth below the Rahkshi of laser vision began to move as it began to rise up and form 'hands' that tried to grab at the Rahkshi's legs to hold him in place. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar