BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Look, you wake up to prayin' and broodin', you fall asleep to prayin' and broodin', you spend your days walking the fricking island listening to prayin' and broodin'...I thought it'd be good for 'em. Made a judgment call." Reo dropped the cigarettes in his jacket pocket and patted them absently, to remember them for later. "Poor girls. Stan forcibly converted a couple. When the doors swung open, they pointed at me and starting chanting 'shame on the sinner.'"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I genuinely have nothing to say to that." The Ve-Toa mercenary said, after a brief pause that sounded suspiciously like stifled laughter. "I don't even need to know. You Maru are all weird."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Look, love, you try being the only working class boy on a team of chosen ones. We're running on fumes in the personality department these days. You're talking about a gang of goons that made Sulov a third-person-wielding chess grandmaster and made Korero famous." Reo turned around and began speaking over his shoulder as he helped a couple of the Infernavika's crew with the process of casting off, clearly impatient. "Destiny is a dangerous force that should not be trusted. I said it as a Matoran, I stand by it as a Toa, and that glorified palm reader Stannis can blow me for the privilege."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Alfon

"Not unless you have any ghosts on board." I cut in, doing my part to get this boat sailing. "Might wanna call in Stannis if you do, though. From what Reo's told us, he sounds like your best shot at getting a bang up exorcism job or moving the 'Vika through prayer."

IC:

"I can confirm we don't have any ghosts aboard, Alfon," I said. "Those things are always going around, rattling chains and waking up old, crotchety sinners. And considering that I've never gotten a visit from anything like that in my time, I think that clears up that."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"They sail themselves when you ain't a sailor." Skrihen elected, after observing where the activity seemed to be focused, to move back wards the edge of the deck and lean on the railing. Maybe not the idea of the century, when it came up to the small of her back and she wasn't quite sober yet, but it gave her a pretty good view of the proceedings.

"Anyway, Saporta, s'what you get for not slamming the door in that weird little Matoran's face."

IC:

"By now I think we've eaten enough to feed an entire platoon. I'm gettin' restless."

Redhot thought about it.

"Who wants to...find a fight club? Unblock the Dark Walk? Get degrees? I dunno."

-Tyler

IC Solvi

"How about covering this bill?" Still seated, same as her rather absent or perhaps forgotten co-workers, she gestured to the bill.

...the enormous bill, one complete with an outlandish 18% gratuity charge.

"That can't be legal..."

IC:

"Might as well find something to do. After this," The Ta-Toa tilted her head, indicating the bill with her nose, and pulled a coin purse out of her pocket. Saeva scanned the bill briefly, doing a little math in her head, and started counting out widgets. "Me, Red, Torana, and the monkey are on me. I got the tip, too. What's that leave?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Lohkar)

"On the topic of who we're sharin' a ship with, First Mate," said Lohkar quietly, leaning against the railing at Gunner's side, "what's the status of the crew? I'm not seein' a lot of our own men on board."

"Yasurek, Lasinia and Mimira are definitely present and correct, Cap'n," the Le-Toa replied. "And Floria might be around somewhere, but I haven't seen Zmija or Doomie since we were in the Koro."

"Hmm."

The pirate captain looked unusually pensive for a moment, frowning into the middle distance.

"If they're not here by the time we're ready to sail—by which I mean in the next five minutes—we leave without 'em. No time to wait for stragglers today, Mate."

He clapped the First Mate twice on the back, then strode off up to the poop deck to position himself behind the wheel. He cleared his throat briskly, and switched his voice into hollerin' mode.

"All right, lads an' lasses!" the Lesterin bellowed. "Form up on deck, the lot of you! I've a few words to say before we cast off!"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Yasurek-Infernavika:

A nondescript ko-matoran descended from the crow's nest of the Infernavika. The speed and grace at which he lowered himself to the main deck was very skilled, but because it was Yasurek it still managed to look rather ordinary.

"Midshipman Yasurek, reporting for duty, Captain Lohkar Sir," he said, giving a quick salute. "All supplies have been restocked, so we're ready to set sail whenever."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC Yasurek:

"Quite nice actually. Saw a bit of rain while I was up there; very unexpected. Also a good place to nap, but I wouldn't know anything about that."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Tuara - Ta-Koro

Tuara closed the door behind her and let out a deep sigh. She looked up to see Kitea sitting meekly on her living-room couch. Upon hearing Tuara's entrance, Kitea turned around and stood up to face his younger sister. Tuara - still drunk - stepped into her home and immediately stepped inside. He stammered a bit, but before he could form a proper word, Tuara kicked a kitchen chair around and said flatly, "Sit." Kitea quickly made his way around the couch and placed himself into his new seat, directly opposite Tuara. "Who was he?" Kitea tried to look away, but he wouldn't be able to get away, "Kitea, I know you can't tell me everything, but I think I deserve some answers."

Kitea began, "I can't tell you."

Tuara leaned in and began to whisper, "I just tossed a body," she hissed, her voice shrill, "for you."

Kitea responded, "The less you know the better."

Tuara stood up, her speech slightly slurred, "How naive do you think I am? I'm already involved!"

Kitea stood up and pointed at Tuara, "You're drunk!"

Tuara's fists clenched, "This is not about me you ######. I wasn't dead for hundreds of years. I didn't ask my sister to cover up a murder. Mata-Nui, Kitea! Where were you?" Tuara's fists began to shake and she yelled, "You abandoned me!" Kitea's facial features softened slightly and Tuara lowered her voice again, "After all this time, not a single letter or word from you to tell me that you were alive," Tuara's voice broke, "You're the one in the wrong and you know it." she finally finished, wiping some tears from under her eyes, "The least you can do is tell me why."

Kitea looked away, scowling, avoiding eye-contact, "I didn't want to involve you in the things I was involved in. I was running with some Makuta cultists. Pretty much as soon as mom and dad..." Kitea gripped his own arm, and Tuara felt herself sober up slightly. She switched from vulnerable to defensive, "I wanted to wait for the right time to find you but I kept putting it off. The more I knew about who I was with and our plans, the more dangerous I became to you."

"Makuta cultists?" Tuara asked, somewhat incredulously, "Kitea, those people are terrorists," Kitea refused to return eye-contact, "You should have known that even as kids!" Tuara suddenly found herself thinking about where her pole-staff was. She should be able to take on Kitea without a weapon, but there wasn't much trust in place that a Makuta-follower wouldn't have something up his sleeve. Especially somebody who's committed murder. Tuara instinctively took a step back.

"You weren't there."

Tuara snorted, "Don't tell me you're still with them!" Kitea only now looked up at his sister, finally making eye-contact, "You can't be serious."

"You didn't see the things I saw. Makuta, his power is-"

"Friends and families have been torn apart for that demon. Hundreds dead in Ko-Koro just weeks ago," Tuara said, "I've nearly lost friends to his 'people'. I'll probably lose more in the coming years."

Kitea looked away again, "Whatever."

Tuara shook her head in shock, "Whatever? Kitea people are dead and dying." Kitea remained silent. "Are you going to say anything?" His silence continued. Tuara sighed and turned towards the kitchen, letting out another sigh. It was bad enough that she'd just helped her brother dispose of a body - which had yet to be explained - but she had done it for a past - maybe present - follower of the most dangerous network of cultists and criminals on Mata-Nui in recent centuries. For what? For a chance at a family again? Tuara leaned with both hands onto the stone counter-top. It didn't matter how she felt now.

She was in.

• Upvote 2

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

• 4 weeks later...

OOC:
Invoking the 12-hour rule.

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro

A lost brother found alive, implicated in murder, implicated with Makuta's people. An ex-cop usually drunk, implicated in murder, implicated with the murderer. Tuara showed no signs of nervousness as she moved through the streets with a clear destination on her mind: Jaller's offices. The idea that she was now on her way to speak with her old boss and Ta-Koro's leader was enough for her to sober up. The hangover didn't feel very good though.

She approached Ta-Koro's central offices.

| BZPRPG Profiles |

• 3 weeks later...

IC:

"Ms. Drigton," Tuara was greeted by the secretary outside Jaller's office rather warmly, unsurprisingly given Tuara's former membership in the Guard. The Ta-Matoran nodded at the door, indicating past the guards stationed outside it. "Jaller is in, if you wished to speak with him. Nothing is on his schedule for a few hours."

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

IC:

"Of course." The Matoran nodded assent and gestured towards the door. Neither guard expressed any opposition to her approach, and in fact one of the two returned her nod silently. The door swung open easily, and accepted Tuara inside.

The Akiri himself did not immediately speak, though the raising of a single finger acknowledged her presence. The Ta-Matoran was consumed in the reports on his desk, occasionally pausing to make a note or shift one aside to look at another. The same free hand he had used to request a moment gestured to the chairs in front of his desk, silently offering her a seat. Jaller didn't interact any more, not until he had reached what he deemed a stopping point, but he did noticeably pick up the pace.

"It's good to see you." He greeted, the sentiment accompanied with a warm smile once he looked up from his desk. "As much as I'd like it, I don't think this is a social visit. What can I do for you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dahrak Nade - Ta-Koro (Store Interior)

"Twenty widgets, final offer," the Po-Toa slurred.

"Sir, that bottle is vintage, imported straight from Ga-Koro. It's worth at least three hundred."

Straightening his face out as best as he could, he leaned forward, resting his arm on the counter, and positioned himself uncomfortably close to the Su-Matoran sitting behind it.

"You're vintage. And full of ####."

"Look," he responded, rolling his eyes as he leaned backwards in an attempt to distance himself. "If you don't have the widgets to pay for it, then I can't sell it to you. And since you aren't looking to buy anything else, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

"Pfft. Fine. Be like that. This Karz-Hole barely has anything good in stock anyway."

Pushing himself back to his feet, he slowly turned around, stumbling back towards the door and almost taking out an entire shelf's worth of goods in the process as he attempted to exit the building...

...only to have the barrel of a Patero Launcher shoved into his face as a wide-eyed Lesterin of some variety or another stepped inside and motioned for him to go back the way he came.

"Put your hands where I can see them and start walking," he hissed, trying to make himself look bigger in the process. "This is a robbery."

Oh, you have got to be freaking kidding me...

"You know, I don't really care if you take this guy for all he's worth; frankly, what you do in your free time is none of my business, and besides," he said, complying with the other being's demands. "He's kind of a ####."

"What?! But you're a Toa! Protecting people and keeping the peace is supposed to be your job!"

"Yeah, well, you obviously suck at reading people," he said, keeping his attention on the Lesterin. "So what do you say, pal? Let me walk on out of here, and you only have to worry about one person potentially doing something stupid."

"Yeah. You," he scoffed, tossing a bag towards the Matoran. "I don't need you running off to the nearest guard and snitching on me, so like it or not, you're staying right here until I leave. Now start emptying out the contents of the register."

Clearly unhappy that his rather simple request was denied, the Toa of Stone simply shook his head and began rolling his eyes.

"Why do you ######## always insist on doing things the hard way?"

With a flick of his wrist and a glow of his Matatu, the weapon suddenly found itself being tugged up towards the ceiling, causing its owner to accidentally fire it off in surprise. Not wanting to keep himself in danger any longer than he had to, the shopkeeper wisely ducked out of sight as firecrackers began ricocheting all over the place, taking out sacks of miscellaneous food products as one somehow managed to wedge itself inside a rack full of spears before exploding and scattering them across the floor. Using the commotion to his advantage, Dahrak dashed forward, gritting his teeth as three new burns singed their way into his flesh and encasing his limbs in his element, only to deliver a vicious uppercut to the Lesterin's jaw. Reeling from the pain of having one of his teeth shoot up out of his mouth before lodging itself into his nostril, there was little else he could do but to recoil from the blows that connected with his torso soon afterwards, driving him even further off-balance and leaving him open to a brutal axe kick that not only ended up shattering his Ruru, but also sent him falling face-first into the floor, instantly rendering him unconscious.

Satisfied with his handiwork, he took a step back to admire the scene, only for the Su-Matoran to pop back out of hiding, clearly in shock over the state of his surroundings.

"My shop! What the #### do you have to say for yourself?!"

Pondering his response for a moment, he eventually came up with an answer he figured would absolve him of any and all liability.

"Twenty widgets, and I help clean this mess up. Oh, and on top of that, I'll also take out your trash."

Some time later, Dahrak swung the door open, stepping back out onto the street as he took a swig from his newly acquired bottle. True to his word, he left the criminal just outside the building, the words "Arrest Me" painted brightly across his forehead for everyone to gawk at.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro - Jaller's Office

Tuara sat down and waited for Jaller to greet her. Once he did, she traded his smile for one of her own and leaned forward. Here she was, sitting across from an old friend, her old boss, and the most powerful person alive in Ta-Koro, with a secret that would certainly ruin her for life. Tuara wouldn't be here today if she didn't feel a sense of urgency surrounding the situation. The ex-cop might have had connections with the guard, but as long as any cases into homicides were opening at any point, she wanted to be close enough to access that information as quickly as possible. She shook her head, "Sorry," Tuara began with a sort of sad smile, "You're right."

Tuara rubbed the back of her neck, "I'm looking for work right now," she said, "I know the Guard has no shortage of things to be taken care of. I've only been home a few days and I'm already going a bit crazy, not doing anything so I'd be happy to return to the force." Tuara gave a little laugh, and asked Jaller before he could respond, with a bit of a flatter, colder tone, "Do you feel safe right now?"

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"Depends."

The Ta-Matoran paused long enough to pick up a mug off his desk and sip at what was, judging from the slight grimace, coffee that had gone room temperature a long time ago. His eyes were thoughtful the entire time, that momentary lull used to consider the question. He let the tap of ceramic against wood resonate a moment when he set the mug back down, then continued. "If you mean whether I feel safe heading outside day to day, no. I never do. Being wary kept me alive when a lot of people didn't want me to be. I pay as much attention at high noon as I do heading home at night, on the rare night that I have time to go home."

"But least of all do I feel safe when fanatics have taken over my neighboring Koro while I'm still handling the first exceedingly public failure of the Toa Maru alongside a terrorist attack that destroyed my most popular inn. It's not a matter of personal safety, it's a matter of atmosphere."

He paused again, leaning back in his chair. Jaller looked Tuara in the eye, not an easy feet for a being much shorter even seated, and the look wasn't quite as warm. There was an undercurrent of cool steel in his eyes, despite the casual airs of his posture. "If you mean whether I,  myself, feel safe right now then yes. I'm having a meeting with an old friend in the heart of Guard HQ. If you were an assassin, there would be guards in here before you could get across my desk. They might not even get the chance. You're good, Tuara, but I didn't live this long by making people do my fighting."

The Matoran smiled again, and this time the expression was warmer.

"I'll see if I can't get you some work. You won't have to do any training, but it won't be your old rank. I hate to say it, Turara, but after what you've been through... I need to give you a little time back on the job first. I trust you, but being a Guard's stressful. I need to make sure you can take it again."

IC:

"No speech. I'm not drunk enough to handle that."

IC:

"Awesome." The Ta-Toa commented, counting out the widgets for her share of the bill and dropping them on the table. Her coin purse was a little lighter after that, but she wasn't about to say anything. "Where to, guys? What d'you usually do after breakfast, Red? Sparky?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

IC: Toa Rebraz

Toa Rebraz gazed upon the hot streams of lava flowing at a mild pace. The Toa of Plasma loved the heat of the lava. He raised his blade, about to test his powers and sent a beam of hot plasma at a nearby large stone. The hot plasma melted the stone entirely. Rebraz felt satisfied of himself. He got up to his feet and walked towards the village of Ta Koro.

OOC: Rebraz is open for interaction.

IC: Toa Rebraz

Rebraz journeyed down the small hills that lead to Ta Koro. He met a few guardsmen who questioned him for entering restricted areas and apologized for that. As he arrived in the Koro, he took a deep breath and let it out. He very was happy to be in the village of fire.

A Ta Koro Guardsman riding an ussal crab approached him.

"Toa Rebraz? Toa of Plasma?" the guard asked.

"That'd be me," he answered.

"I have a message from a Toa of Gravity who's currently at Po Koro. He says that he needs your presence as soon as possible."

Rebraz was surprised by this. "Toa of Gravity? You mean Toa Vranii?"

The guard checked his notepad for a moment, "I'm not sure. He wouldn't tell me his name. He said it was very important."

"....all right then." Rebraz thanked the guard and made his way to the Ta Koro Gates.

******

He hated long walks. He would have to take a boat from the beach in order to get to Po Wahi. After having a little chat with a local fisherman, he managed to persuade the fisherman to take him to Po Wahi.

Rebraz hopped onto the fisherman's boat and they set off to Po Wahi.

OOC: Toa rebraz to Po Wahi.

Edited by Darth Kranie

IC:

"Depends."

The Ta-Matoran paused long enough to pick up a mug off his desk and sip at what was, judging from the slight grimace, coffee that had gone room temperature a long time ago. His eyes were thoughtful the entire time, that momentary lull used to consider the question. He let the tap of ceramic against wood resonate a moment when he set the mug back down, then continued. "If you mean whether I feel safe heading outside day to day, no. I never do. Being wary kept me alive when a lot of people didn't want me to be. I pay as much attention at high noon as I do heading home at night, on the rare night that I have time to go home."

"But least of all do I feel safe when fanatics have taken over my neighboring Koro while I'm still handling the first exceedingly public failure of the Toa Maru alongside a terrorist attack that destroyed my most popular inn. It's not a matter of personal safety, it's a matter of atmosphere."

He paused again, leaning back in his chair. Jaller looked Tuara in the eye, not an easy feet for a being much shorter even seated, and the look wasn't quite as warm. There was an undercurrent of cool steel in his eyes, despite the casual airs of his posture. "If you mean whether I,  myself, feel safe right now then yes. I'm having a meeting with an old friend in the heart of Guard HQ. If you were an assassin, there would be guards in here before you could get across my desk. They might not even get the chance. You're good, Tuara, but I didn't live this long by making people do my fighting."

The Matoran smiled again, and this time the expression was warmer.

"I'll see if I can't get you some work. You won't have to do any training, but it won't be your old rank. I hate to say it, Turara, but after what you've been through... I need to give you a little time back on the job first. I trust you, but being a Guard's stressful. I need to make sure you can take it again."

IC: Tuara - Ta-Koro - Jaller's Office

'Why did I say that?' Tuara asked herself internally. What a dumb question. She rubbed the back of her neck and continued, "Thank you, Jaller. I know trusting me with work isn't... easy. Right now."

With a sigh she crossed her arms and looked away, speaking a little wistfully, "Ta-Koro seems to feel a similar way right now."

After a moment of silence between the two, Tuara stood up from her chair, "Maybe it's time the village started to be honest with itself," she examined her cut-off gloves, "This place has been Mata-Nui's bastion of safety, but with Ko-Koro taken you must feel your time slipping away."

Tuara stepped to the door, ready to leave, "It is."

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

• 4 weeks later...

IC:

"You've become a real pessimist, Drigton," Jaller observed, regarding his old deputy over steepled fingers with an expression that was hard to read. He started writing something down after a moment, and grabbing an envelope out of a drawer in his desk. "It doesn't suit you."

"I've never been anything but honest about this village. Our time isn't going anywhere. You've changed a lot, Tuara, but I hope you haven't changed enough to forget. I don't boast. So when I say that this village will never fall, it isn't ego. It's a fact." The Ta-Matoran pushed his chair out and stood, slowly rounding his desk to approach her with even, measured steps. "It isn't our walls that make Ta-Koro a bastion. Ko-Koro had walls, walls and a Guard almost as large as ours. It's us. Not just you, not just me, not just the Guard, all of us. Every man and woman that calls this place home. We are indomitable."

"We survived the Mata's fall. We survived every Rahi and cultist attack that followed, every psycho with a bone to pick. And Nui, there have been a lot of them. The Mark Bearers. The psychos that attacked the hospital over and over, including the one that finally trashed it. The time your boyfriend and Makuta's top lieutenant trashed our headquarters to break that freak out. The Rahkshi, more than a hundred of them. The that killed Vakama, and I don't mean Shaddix." He stopped, drumming the envelope against the palm of his opposite hand. His green eyes were fixed on Tuara's, unflinching and unblinking. "Even after we had peace, we weren't safe. We were bombed. Twice. We were attacked."

"But we're still here. We're still here because we refuse to let them win. We're still here because to beat us they will have to step over every one of us to do it, because if even one lives then they haven't won." With a little effort, the Akiri reached up and tapped Turara's heartlight with a finger before tapping his own. "Ta-Koro isn't you. Ta-Koro isn't it's walls. It isn't me, either. It's everyone that lives here. Vakama understood that, and he knew why we would thrive even without him. I know it, too. It doesn't matter if I feel safe, Tuara. An assassin could kill me where I stand and I wouldn't be afraid for this village. Because I trust, without even a shadow of a doubt, that my people will persevere. I have worked to cultivate advisors and assistants that I can trust not just with my life, but with my village the day I die."

The former Captain of the Guard's eyes focused further, drilling into Tuara's as though he was searching for something he used to see. "You used to be one of them. I hope you will be again, one day."

The Matoran held out the envelope and the papers with it.

"You never collected your last paycheck. It's in the envelope. Take the papers to recruiting downstairs, and they'll see that you're given a badge. I'll see what I can drum up for work. Be safe, Drigton."

IC:

"If you're gonna make a speech, pirate, get on with it." The Ve-Toa mercenary said, a little louder than necessary. "Sooner we get there, sooner I can get back to work that pays."

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You've become a real pessimist, Drigton," Jaller observed, regarding his old deputy over steepled fingers with an expression that was hard to read. He started writing something down after a moment, and grabbing an envelope out of a drawer in his desk. "It doesn't suit you."

"I've never been anything but honest about this village. Our time isn't going anywhere. You've changed a lot, Tuara, but I hope you haven't changed enough to forget. I don't boast. So when I say that this village will never fall, it isn't ego. It's a fact." The Ta-Matoran pushed his chair out and stood, slowly rounding his desk to approach her with even, measured steps. "It isn't our walls that make Ta-Koro a bastion. Ko-Koro had walls, walls and a Guard almost as large as ours. It's us. Not just you, not just me, not just the Guard, all of us. Every man and woman that calls this place home. We are indomitable."

"We survived the Mata's fall. We survived every Rahi and cultist attack that followed, every psycho with a bone to pick. And Nui, there have been a lot of them. The Mark Bearers. The psychos that attacked the hospital over and over, including the one that finally trashed it. The time your boyfriend and Makuta's top lieutenant trashed our headquarters to break that freak out. The Rahkshi, more than a hundred of them. The ###### that killed Vakama, and I don't mean Shaddix." He stopped, drumming the envelope against the palm of his opposite hand. His green eyes were fixed on Tuara's, unflinching and unblinking. "Even after we had peace, we weren't safe. We were bombed. Twice. We were attacked."

"But we're still here. We're still here because we refuse to let them win. We're still here because to beat us they will have to step over every one of us to do it, because if even one lives then they haven't won." With a little effort, the Akiri reached up and tapped Turara's heartlight with a finger before tapping his own. "Ta-Koro isn't you. Ta-Koro isn't it's walls. It isn't me, either. It's everyone that lives here. Vakama understood that, and he knew why we would thrive even without him. I know it, too. It doesn't matter if I feel safe, Tuara. An assassin could kill me where I stand and I wouldn't be afraid for this village. Because I trust, without even a shadow of a doubt, that my people will persevere. I have worked to cultivate advisors and assistants that I can trust not just with my life, but with my village the day I die."

The former Captain of the Guard's eyes focused further, drilling into Tuara's as though he was searching for something he used to see. "You used to be one of them. I hope you will be again, one day."

The Matoran held out the envelope and the papers with it.

"You never collected your last paycheck. It's in the envelope. Take the papers to recruiting downstairs, and they'll see that you're given a badge. I'll see what I can drum up for work. Be safe, Drigton."

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro - Jaller's Office

'What am I talking about?' Tuara thought to herself. Discerning the situation with Kitea was not likely to be taking stress off her life at the moment. Tuara began to feel a little sick.

She looked at the papers now in her hand and the pay-check. She looked up again to Jaller and suddenly blurted, "You have another recruit you should check up on. Behind the old smith shop."

Tuara turned away quickly, hiding her face and pushed open the door. Stepping outside with a sudden urgency. She closed the door hard and without a single word or a second of pause to the guards at the door she began speed-walking down the road towards the crowded market.

'######, ######, ######.'

She had just told Jaller about the body - which she now for some reason claimed to be a new recruit in the guard. The Akiri himself was just given the location of a body Tuara disposed of. Tuara, dizzy and suddenly sick, felt her stomach tie itself inside out. She wanted to puke. Tuara began jogging. '#######, Mata-Nui.'

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Dahrak Nade - Ta-Koro (Streets)

Figuring he had caused enough chaos around here, and that he should probably get the Karz out of Dodge before others started taking exception to his actions at large, Dahrak simply found himself randomly stumbling off towards the village gates with no clear destination in mind.

OOC: Dahrak to Onu-Wahi.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Rodyr

It was only after Rodyr had walked for about a minute or so, properly making sure he was, in fact, both alive and awake, when he realised he had no idea why(or how) he was in Ta-Koro. He'd been in Onu, last he remembered.

Maybe he should check back there.

Rodyr picked up the pace, headed for the underground village.

OOC: Rodyr to Onu

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

• 1 month later...