BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Lana

Lana had resumed her original position of apparent inattentiveness, and noticed that one of her customers, unsurprisingly the one who had ordered her strongest offering, was just about ready to break his Kanohi by falling on his face on the floor.

That will never do. Thought the Vo-Matoran as she quickly made her way over and grabbed his arm, showing a surprising amount of strength for a Matoran as she steadied him. "Easy there mister. I don't need you breaking your mask in here. Bloodstains are a mother Muaka to get back off the floor." She said. "I have beds for rent if you need to pass out for a bit."

OOC: Sorry for the late post

IC: Ryzen

I glanced in surprise as the bartender grabbed my arm. "Easy there mister. I don't need you breaking your mask in here. Bloodstains are a mother Muaka to get back off the floor." What does she want? "I have beds for rent if you need to pass out for a bit."

I grunted my thanks as I steadied myself, still woozy from the drink. I shrugged at her offer. I guess I need a place to stay anyway. I turned to the V-Matoran. "Sure,I guess I'll probably need a room for just a night anyway."

IC:

Oh, it's a good thing that I packed alcohol for this trip...

"I've got a question," I said, kicking back and lazing on one of the stone benches that had been set up in front of the gate. "What's your name? I don't think we actually ever caught it, and given that you're one of the guys leading this treasure hunt ... it would be nice to know."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: It should be noted that the following takes place roughly concurrently with Kohra's escape, and just before, and leading into, Ghost's earlier post.

IC:

The Matoran wanted to run, and he wanted to run fast. He wanted to flee from the city, never to return. The streets were beginning to fill up with other Guards, all responding to an event that the cook could not have missed if he wanted to. He wanted to deny that it was his fault. He wanted to pretend he hadn’t noticed, go home, and continue on as if nothing had happened. He could. None of the others would ever realise his part in it; There was no reason even to suspect that he was involved. He could get off scot-free.

But he couldn’t. It had been mere minutes and it haunted him, what he’d done. He’d done what he was told. His family needed him to. It was for his family. The Toa had told him to do it, so he’d done it. He said it would wrap up loose ends, right? He didn’t… He didn’t…

It wasn’t his fault.

“I’m home!”

His voice sounded almost sickly, resounding weakly through the room as he stepped into his hut. The Ta-Matoran waited for the familiar response, the sound of little feet… But there was only silence. It was fine, he was sure it was fine. The Toa had promised him. That was what he kept telling himself, his mantra, but it sounded weak, even to him. His heart seemed to stop as he stepped further into the hut, looking around every corner.

“Hello?”

“I see it’s done.”

The voice was smooth, and seemed to fill the air around the Matoran’s despite its quietness. It lead the Matoran, almost hypnotically, into the living room. And there he was, the same as the first time; The darkly-armored Toa sat on the couch, fingers steepled as he watched the Ta-Matoran approach. He was impassive, still, and yet, a strange sense of menace radiated from him in waves.

“The Vortixx received the syringe; You’ve done well.”

“You told me it would kill her!” The cook blurted out, regretting it before the words had even finished passing his lips. He shouldn’t have said anything, he should have let it pass unchallenged. Yet he couldn’t remain quiet. Some last, shred of dignity wouldn’t let him stay silent.

“No. I told you that it would tie up a loose end. And it did. In prison, she was a liability. Now she is not.”

He wanted to raise his voice in protest, challenge the Toa before him; That was what his duty expected of me. That was the right thing to do. But he couldn’t. His family was at stake, and he didn’t want to see what the Toa would do if pressed. He swallowed his tongue and his pride, merely nodding meekly.

“M-My family…”

“Yes, your family.” The Toa nodded, expression as unchanging as his tone. He raised a finger, gesturing down the hall. “Through there.”

The Ta-Matoran's gaze followed the path he indicated, and within a few moments, his body did as well. Almost as if in a trance, suspended halfway between a delusion of hope and an impending reality of depair, he began to walk down the hallway. His heart rate quickened and every step seemed like an eternity, but it seemed like he reached the door far too soon for his liking. He pushed it open with a quivering hand, to reveal what lay beyond. Dimly, he registered that the room was where they all slept; And as he opened it, a voice in the back of his head, barely registered, noted that it was where they would sleep soon.

Each bed contained the bulge of a person, without any chaos or disrray. They might have been sleeping, but in his heart, he knew they weren't. The complete stillness betrayed them. In that moment, it was all very clear to the cook; What he had been an accomplice in doing. How the Toa had made him do it. And now, what the end game had been all along. He hadn't seen it before. Maybe he had, and just hadn't wanted to give up his hope.

But it was too late. The Ta-Matoran was dimly aware of the Toa's arrival behind him, though he hadn't noticed him move. For a moment, he thought about running. Fighting. Maybe even yelling, just to attract his comrades, even if it meant the end of him. But he knew he would never be heard.

"You promised you'd give them back to me." The single statement was unbelievably quiet, but it carried the full accusation and indignation that the Matoran could possibly force into it, all of the hate that he wouldn't get another chance to voice. "You said they were fine. That they were treated well."

"I did." The Toa allowed, the same quet tone fulling the Matoran's ears. It was a honeyed speech; It may even have been soothing, had the guard not been aware of the situation. "And I kept my word. When I spoke to you, they were fine. Their end was quick and clean. They did not have time to be afraid."

Perhaps it was what he said, perhaps it was the realization of what had happened, but the Ta-Matoran was prepared to fight. He was angry, furious, and nothing was more fearsome than a man with nothing left to lose. He began to turn, he would find a way to hurt the Toa-

He barely felt the blade, slipped silently from its sheath, trace a line of red across his throat. Nor was he really aware of the hands that plucked him from his fall, and lowered him silently to the ground. His will seeped away with his life, but not before he got one last look at his killer.

Eisen's face was impassive behind his Kanohi, eyes bearing neither malice nor satisfaction. They were, if anything, shockingly empathetic; A deceitful sympathy from the man who had used him so easily.

"Do not be afraid. Night must fall for all men; It merely came sooner for you."

As the world faded until it was as grayed and dark as the Toa's armor, and his senses failed one by one, he heard the voice he had learned to despise sound forth one last time, a herald of the dark that lay before him.

"My apologies. But we do not like loose ends."

The Toa of Iron had not been waiting for the pair long. His flight from the city had been the simplest part of his mission, as he just barely preceded the Guard's total shutdown of the gates. He had watched Kohra and Echelon appear along the path silently, sparing only a nod of acknowledgement as they approached. He knew both by reputation, if not personally, but their rescued party did not have that luxury; The silent Toa's introduction would have to wait for a more suitable time.

After only a few succinct words, he had joined the duo in their departure along the ash-covered path.

OOC: Eisen from topic, as referenced in an earlier post.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Oh, it's a good thing that I packed alcohol for this trip...

"I've got a question," I said, kicking back and lazing on one of the stone benches that had been set up in front of the gate. "What's your name? I don't think we actually ever caught it, and given that you're one of the guys leading this treasure hunt ... it would be nice to know."

IC:

Kethrye slouched down next to Plagia as she interrogated their new employer, still hung over from the night before. Can't bring myself to care at the moment, sorry, he thought sinking into self contemplation to take his head off the creature trying to claw its way out of it. Why we're doing this doesn't matter to me. It's something to do besides drink myself, and maybe we get paid when it's over with. Maybe

He discover that navel-gazing was a bad cure for migraines, and sighed.

Lana chuckled. "Whatever floats your boat, mister. One night it is." She said. "This way then." She began directing him towards the back of the tavern, where a few simple rooms were located.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC: Flaredrick

A few hours before he was working on some axe like blade, then he heard people screaming in terror. He looked outside to see what was going on. When he did, he saw smoke rising from buildings a short distance from the shop. What's going on? That was all that went through the Toa's mind at that time.

But he knew if he didn't get back to work, he would be fired. So he went back to work, but in a distracted state of mind. For the remainder of the time, he felt like he should be helping out to see if anyone needed help.

OOC: This post is supposed to mesh in what happened from what i skimmed through.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Zelvin (The Drunken Murderess)

She smirked as she saw Lana guide the now buzzed Ko-Toa to one of the Inn's rooms. The Vo-Matoran had a shrewd eye for business, this quaint little establishment could come a long way.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind, Elysi, for when I need an extra hand"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Tehlin

I winked at the shiny Toa who had commented on my choice of wear, before shrugging, my free palm rotating upward with the movement.

"Not that I saw," I replied, directing my attention to the scarred Toa of Lightning, the the being who identified himself as Vygel referred to her as Plagia, "And m'name's Tehlin, and I see y'all have met Zauk, Mr. Conversationalist."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro Gates)

"Oh yeah, his reputation precedes him" I replied with a sarcastic nod in the Vo-Toa's direction, just barely keeping the hat balanced on my head.

"And best watch that alcohol intake, Plagia, if my mentor's any indication of what happens when too much of it's sloshing around down there"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen. Finally introducing staff char #2

IC: Wokiya – Ta-Koro Town Square

The young Ga-Matoran had flattened herself against the brick wall behind her, tablet in one hand and chisel in the other. She had travelled here the day before in search for a story, but this time, it would seem that she was not careful enough in what she wished for.

Her large, auburn, Kane-Ra-skin purse had been brutally flung from her side by the explosion, and its many of its contents were not scattered amongst the chaos. Her light blue garments had stood out in the surrounding hues of red and black, but now they had sported many black burn spots and tears. The Matoran dutifully rose to her feet only to feel a light but noticeable pain on her left arm. She looked, and sighed and relief to see that it was only a scrape.

“I think I’ll live through that,” Wokiya said softly to herself.

Among the contents scattered across the rocky floor of the village were Wokiya’s twin axes. Wasting no time, Wokiya bolted first to her purse and slung her tablet and chisel into it. She then darted right and headed into the stampede of panicking villagers, occasionally shoving some out the way so that she could quickly get to her prized weapons.

It was less than a minute before Wokiya arrived at the first axe, and she quickly knelt down to pick it up.

Then, abruptly, she felt a solid force hit her from the right side, and the small Ga-Matoran immediately found herself on her side, knocked over from the pushes and shoves of other, larger villagers. She looked and saw a male Vortixx as the likely assailant, but Wokiya decided this time to let it go. She grabbed the first axe and placed it into her purse.

Alright, where’s the second one, Wokiya thought as she rose back to her feet.

She turned about 30 degrees to her right and immediately caught the familiar glimmer of her 2nd deep blue axe.

Just then, Wokiya felt another force, this time from a running Ta-Matoran, a burly man who carried a young child Matoran under each arm. Again, the petite Matoran of Water had lost her footing. An instant later, Wokiya rose again with a visage of anger. She pushed two other Matoran out of the way before making it to her second axe and picking it up.

That took a lot more effort than it should have, Wokiya thought angrily.

The reporter then took a moment to look at her surroundings: chaos, suffering, and fear. This was all within a village known across the island for its military force, even during the times before the fall of the First Toa.

At that moment, Wokiya had discovered her next story.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

"This would be it, mister." The Vo-Matoran said with a chuckle, pulling the appropriate key off the keyring she kept on her belt and opening the door. "Twelve widgets a night." She added. The room, though simple and windowless, was clean, containing a bed and a chest of drawers.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro Gates)

"Oh yeah, his reputation precedes him" I replied with a sarcastic nod in the Vo-Toa's direction, just barely keeping the hat balanced on my head.

"And best watch that alcohol intake, Plagia, if my mentor's any indication of what happens when too much of it's sloshing around down there"

IC: Vygel

"I think it's his friend who need that advice. He seems pretty hungover, drunk, or both," Vygel motioned to Kethrye.

OOC finally got caught up

IC Turo

<insert sound of Lavapool Inn exploding>

Turo woke up.

Getting up with a start, he looked in the direction of the explosion and when he caught sight of the building smoke, he knew something was going on. He climbed down the side of the building and dropped to the ground just in time for a passing courier to inform him of the situation.

<insert exposition here>

"That bad, huh?" Turo quipped. Dashing into the Guard building, he made a quick raid of the armory-the caretaker would find an inconspicuous backpack, a machete, a sling, five throwing knives, and a garotte signed out under his name-before hitting the streets. "Now if somebody would tell me where to go and who to chase before I accidentally hurt somebody..."

"Pay up front." Lana replied, holding her hand out to accept the widgets. "If you want to stay more nights, just pay-as-you-go." She added.

IC:

Angelus grinned innocently and took a minute to peruse the menu, lightly flipping the laminated pages with his thumb. "What are you thinking for an appetizer?" he asked.

"You," said Kino Iho. When the Captain looked up over the edge of the menu, he watched her pull the cherry out of her whiskey with two fingertips and pop it off the half-stem with her teeth sultrily.

"I'll take that as a 'basket of chips,'" he deadpanned, rolling back to the entrees even as Kino muttered a "Hey, look what I can do!" and began twisting the cherry stem with her tongue.

-Tyler

IC: (Kino Iho)

God Angelus was a tough nut to crack. He just takes everything in stride. I bet you were any other Toa, and their hearts would have jumped out of their chest, if I sly called them an "appetizer" but nope, Angelus just keeps deflecting like the greatest Kohlii goalie of all time. I continue to twist the cherry stem in my tongue, until...there we go. I managed to form a heart, I wiped it off and showed Angelus. "Look it's a heart!" I chuckled, then again perhaps this little tricks of mine, weren't that amusing to him, but I was so excited, Angelus had actually came through on going on this date with me, how could I not be excited?

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Looking up, Angelus noted the cherry-stem heart between Kino's fingertips; he laughed from behind the curled fingers holding up his chin and signaled to the waiter to bring the table a basket of chips, lightly salted, and another cherry. Kino looked at the Captain in confusion, twirling the heart around in her grip. His smile curled up from ear to ear, as coquettish as one of Kino's smirks.

"You know, they say that people who can tie a cherry stem with their tongues are naturally gifted kissers," he told her when the waiter showed up with a glass of cherries and a bemused look. He reached into the glass and pulled a fruit out by the stem, popped it into his mouth, and sucked in the stem like a noodle after it. A couple seconds later, he pulled it out and dried it off - the arrow was tied at the back and the tip bent into a V-shape, like a cartoon arrow. The Captain of the Guard closed one eye and held it like a dart before slipping it through the gap in the center of Kino's heart.

The chips came not long after.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Fowadi and Co fro Ga-wahi

Ta-wahi- Island- Treasure Quest

IC: The splash of water could be heard as the anchor dropped over the side and in to the water. Turning his gaze from the island a short distance away, Kale called out.

"Ready the skiff. It's time we go hunting."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Flaredrick

He placed a fist on his heart, and bowed. "I'll return with word of what happened." He left the forge, off towards the smoke running like a Muaka hunting for its prey.

By the time he reached the location if the smoke, he realized that the olace was the Lavapool Inn. "I still had money owed there. Looks like they won't need it any more." The place was crawling with action as guards were all over the place. "Guard, excuse me but what happened here?"

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: "Ready the skiff. It's time we go hunting."

IC: "Gray" (Treasure Island)

She nodded dutifully as she sidled past him and into the skiff. She'd been sitting on the sidelines long enough, now she was going to do her part.

Her cloak was removed, exposing her full appearance to her fellow crewmates. As uncomfortable as it felt, she was not about to let it stop her now. They would be going into uncharted wilderness, here she could be of much use, and even more so if she could move freely, unrestricted by "civilian articles".

She told Kale this.

"I know how to navigate the wilderness, I can find us a way"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aar

The Ussalman had been ready to go before their destination had been in sight. His restlessness meant he was nearly always ready for his plans half an hour before necessary, and now was no different.

OOC: I find it funny, thinking about it now, how Aar began as an NPC friend of Kehuri's and now has had a LOT more activity than him in this year's BZPRPG.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: (Kol)

Burning air and the stench of sulfur. A volcano overthrew the sky and smoke came to dilute the clouds and take their place. And this wasn't even the mainland- they had taken to explore one of the lesser islands where their treasure and therefore target was possibly located. Kol had seen spits of land like this in passing, during travel a while after his release from Hiemalis.

"I can assist should we need to enter the city, I know my way around Ta-"

Kol stopped abruptly, eyes becoming blank, legs weakening. All went blank in his mind before he collapsed over the side of the boat, falling into the water and entering the water.... For a while, everything was black. His senses were non-existent, for he didn't feel, see, smell, hear, or taste anything. And then two voices, one angelic and one demonic, sang words he would never forget.

I fell to the ground and all I heard was screaming

I remembered freedom and all I felt were chains

I pleaded for death and bargained for insanity

I fell from grace and all I saw was heII

Kol awoke in the crumbling remains of a hospital, the bodies of patients and doctors alike strewn throughout the rubble. Somewhere in the middle of it was a Onu-Matoran, unable to stand, merely laying there. Pathetic. Kol glared into the eyes of the fallen man and saw not himself, but Coryza, the conjuring of Hiemalis. The thoroughly wounded prisoner of the devil himself. There was nothing inside Kol that didn't want to forget this moment, but he was tethered in. Some ethereal force seemed to be dragging him through one of the most traumatic experiences of his past.

"Kol." The Matoran spun on his heel, reaching for a weapon that he didn't possess. A stranger stood there, not of a species Kol could recognize. Wrapped in dark bandages from head to toe, bloody spots painting the coat of cloth. He didn't know what this was, but from somewhere inside his head, he instantly knew who this was. Parasitic but powerful, a blessing wrapped in a blessing... His parakuka. Through gritted teeth he growled "why are you doing this to me?" To his surprise, his rough voice resonated throughout the dream, a godlike thunder that he could feel in his soul. In contrast, the Parakuka's tones were soft and toxic, like a slow poison not felt until it was too late.

"Because we're connected, Kol. And because soon, you're going to die."

"No," he shot back, "soon, I'm going to find a way to rid myself of you, and you're going to die."

The monster simply laughed, a rather terrible sound that for some reason made Kol feel outraged. "I told you, Kol, we're connected. You will never be rid of me. Not to your dying day..."

That was it. Kol exploded, kicking rubble out of his way as he charged the figment of his soul, tackling the malevolent stranger and taking him to the ground. Subsequently, three rather odd things happened. First, the stranger's bandages began burning with a fire that Kol could not feel. And then, something even stranger occurred. He looked down, and he saw his mask on the stranger's face. He first thought was that the stranger had stolen his mask, but that wasn't it. It dawned on him- this wasn't the Parakuka. This was the Parakuka's envisioning of Kol himself. And then, the third instance of abnormality occurred.

Kol woke up.

It was with gladness that he realized he had never fallen off the deck of the boat. He had, however, drifted into a trance for what now seemed like three minutes, just as the group was preparing to board the skiff. He said nothing, but stayed in silence and faded into the background.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC- Verak

Adventure!

I was on it again!

I don't know how, but somehow another strange treasure hunt had gotten me drawn up in itself. There was a definite goal in mind, and a military warship was teamed up with that famous pirate ship you all know about to achieve it. Sounds familiar, right? Yeah, just like that Kumu Islets thing.

Only this time, I was on the ship I belonged on. I wasn't sailing with the stuffy, cooped up, military people who would rather chow down on a handful of iron blades than have a little fun. No, bother, this time I was sailing with the group of people who would rather have a little fun than follow any order. The rogues and criminals and adventurous antiestablishment rebels. These were people cut from my sort of cloth, willing to fight, willing to laugh and joke and toss their head instead of taking life seriously.

I was sailing on the Infernavika, and brother, I was having one karz of a time.

I breathed deeply, tasting the smell of the salty ocean and the fresh breeze, smiling, of course. The ship rocked slightly, accompanied that familiar lurching feeling of falling that one almost stops noticing while they sail.

I was perched on the prow of the ship, one hand on the beam, half-crouching, half standing, smiling, and laughing. Being so far forwards put me dangerously far from anything to hold onto- it felt like I was being tossed up and down midair above the rocking ocean waves by some mystical force.

But we had arrived: the island.

Eager to stretch my legs and do a little exploring, I hopped up and shimmied back down onto the deck, where the rest of the crew either bustled about or hung about doing Piratical stuff.

I greeted them enthusiastically as I strode across the deck.

An uncomfortable smile at Zmija, who had saved the life of my hand.

Then a wink for Yasurek, promising the too-uptight-for-my-liking pirate that I was planning something he certainly would not like.

And then a gregarious arm-around-shoulder for Doomie, the greatest pyromaniac the high seas have ever seen.

"Tell me, brother." I asked with a smile, looking out at the misty island. "What do we know about this mysterious treasure?"

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: [island Off The Coast Of Ta-Wahi - Earlier That Morning]

A great booming laugh filled the confines of the torch-lit musty gloom of the room, rebounding off the sea-water stained panel walls without loosing any of it's boisterous volume. A deafening sound that overpowered all others. It fell into a crescendo that dropped off into a fit of lethally-deep coughs. At the focal point of the obscenely loud outburst stood a man who's features seemed almost unnaturally gaunt under a silver Kanohi of unidentifiable make, flanked left and right by a tall, handsome orange-armored Toa, and a brown-armored Skakdi who's only academic pursuit in life looked to be intense workout regimes, respectively.

The man's head was angled down and towards the side, his eyes eyes closed partway in an expression that was equal parts disgust and annoyance, which was directed towards the being sprawled lazily out in an overly exquisite high-backed throne of a chair. Said being was an impressively corpulent Skakdi of obsidian coloration, of which a longcoat that may have at one point been water-stained was fitted over his massive frame. He seemed to shake the very world with his cacophony.

"You humor me Rehn!" The Skakdi said with a smile that only held contempt, his jeweled hand coming down on the arm of the chair with the sound of splintering wood. The gaunt man, identified as Rehn, scowled in the Skakdi's general direction, though didn't give him the pleasure of eye contact. He paused for a moment, with an intact of breath to cool the simmering fires beneath.

"I can make you very... very... wealthy. Captain," Rehn repeated with drawn-out syllables who's soft tone was wrought with strained patience. His gauntleted hand was curled into a tight fist that threatened to crush the air it held. He swayed a bit to the rocking of the floor they were positioned on, as the waves outside crashed against the ship. "And so I ask you again... Will... You... Join... Us?"

The Captain held a hand to his chin in a comically obvious "I'm considering it" pose, while otherwise looking oblivious to Rehn's mounting impatience. The orange Toa beside Rehn rolled his eyes.

"You do offer us much," The Captain mused to himself for everyone in a half-kio radius to hear, "We could be... very rich, am I right?"

The Captain received a collection of enthusiastic mutterings of agreement from the motly array of unsavory beings positioned near the outer edges of the room, which was undoubtedly his crew.

"And, money is good for everyone, am I right?"

He gained the same reaction, with the beings around beginning to discuss such things.

"But!" The Captain interjected, with a raised hand, "How many times have we been... fooled by that man there? Well? Too many for you simpletons to count, that is!"

Rehn let out a sigh that he didn't bother to conceal, his features darkening dangerously.

"You said, there were guards after you," the Captain continued to an otherwise indifferent Rehn, "And you want us to deal with them, in return for some... mystical treasure you promise us."

"Well, I say, we deal with these Guards, for they'll most certainly fetch a great ransom, as would, oh, perhaps you, too?"

The Captain's smile grew into a sly grin.

"Then, we take this treasure for ourselves!"

The last exclamation was met with the hearty cheers of his crew, while Rehn himself merely looked disappointed from the outcome of the negotiations.

"Take them to the brig, they're no longer useful here," the Captain ordered, a hand pointing accusingly at the trio before him. Four surly crew members stepped forward, though their advance was stopped by a threatening look from the muscle-bound Skakdi. Rehn held up a hand, and the mercenary back off, and the three were led out of the room without a word towards towards another deeper into the ship.

The pirate Captain relaxed back in his throne-chair, a gold coin flipping endlessly through his thick fingers.

Not five minutes after the Fowadi and Infernavika laid anchor did a worn, barnacle-encrusted ship lumber out from behind a massive overhang farther down the rocky cliff-side shoreline of the island, it's bow pitted and patched from countless years on the destructive sea. The vessel made a b-line for the two other ships, a tattered black flag with grotesque features unfurling into the wind. All in all, not the most friendly sight.

Neither were the pair of similar ships that emerged from hiding and made to follow the first.

OOC: >insert obligatory pirates of the Caribbean OST youtube link here<

seriously though

re-read this post listening to that

:3

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Kale Ironshaper -Ta-wahi- Island- Fowadi- Treasure Quest

IC: Well karz.

Black flags like that could only mean one thing.

Pirates... new pirates at least.

For a second time slowed down as Kale activated his mask. Taking in the scene categorizing it and filing away the useful information. Three ships, one big and two small. All three flew the black flag and looked pretty old. No armor and it was hard to tell what weapons they used at this range. All in all, a winnable fight. Not easy, but winnable.

"Belay the skiff, all hands to battle stations!" The Toa of Iron was shouting less then a second after he snapped out of the pause his mask had given him. With a sweeping lift of his hand and an exertion of his powers Kale lifted the anchor out of the water and coiled it up on the deck. Rushing back to the Fowadi's wheel he spun it around, setting the wood and metal behemoth on a course for the new arrivals.

"Let's move it people. I don't want to have to explain to the captain how I scratched up his ship."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Merla

As soon as Kale gave the signal for battle stations, Merla (who had been standing on the deck by herself) immediately began to take action. "Let's see... they're ships. Ships float on water. There's plenty of water beneath them. How about I rock them a little?" Exerting her influence over her element, she willed the water beneath the three pirate ships to start churning about. If all went according to plan, the ships (and their crews) would be quite unsteady by the time the Fowadi came into combat range. There was a bit of a hole in the plan in that she would have to break this method of attack when the Fowadi did get into close range; otherwise, her allies would be tripping over nothing as well. "Let's just see what happens when we get there, shall we?" she thought, continuing to violently toss the waters beneath the pirates about while trying to find a good source of cover; in her current position, she could easily be taken out by a competent marksman.

Edited by A Magus With Class

IC: Gray (Fowadi)

Getting back on board the ship was swiftly done, and she peered towards the horizon with her sharp eyes, studying the oncoming vessels.

Her staff may not have been of much use to her now, but she had other weapons. She was already clutching her bow as she listened quietly for a sign, or a signal.

Now she was feeling the rush she had expected to come from this journey, she was ready.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Kale Ironshaper- Ta-wahi- Island- Fowadi- Treasure Quest

IC: "Load the heavy disk launchers and be ready to fire. Don't engage until I say so. Merla, hold off on the water for now, you can toss them when they get closer. For now I want you to stay out of sight in case they have any good marksmen."

OOC: I should probably post some stuff about the Fowadi for those new to it.

To start off, the Fowadi is an ironclad, one of the first of it's kind on the island. It trades the ability to take loads of hits in return for being very slow. It uses a combination of sails and an air-pump propulsion system that was invented by Ga-koro to get around.

As far as weapons go, it is currently armed with disk launchers of several different sizes. There are several fixed heavy disk launchers below decks that perform anti-material duties like blowing holes in the sides of ships. Up on the top deck are a mix of medium and light disk launchers on swivel mounts. The medium ones can be used in limited anti-material roles but the light ones are stuck with being anti-personnel weapons.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:(Kol)

Kol brandished his crossbow,prepared for combat. "Captain," he shouted across the deck at Kale, "once we're in range I recommend a boarding party. I volunteer to lead such a party."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Finally gonna re-join the activities of the Infernavika :/

Also, Hubert/Fabulous Sunshine, remember a few months ago when one of my characters asked Stronin to forge a weapon, and Stronin said 'come back in two weeks? :3 I was wondering if I could pick that weapon up now.

If there's any problems with this post in relation to timeline stuff, PM away.

IC:

Aurum looked around, unsure of the happenings that were taking place.

On the deck of the Infernavika, Floria grunted at the sight of the few ships as they rounded the corner. From a glance, she could instantly tell that the ship wasn't anything new - the woodwork clearly shows evidence of a long tour on the seas. She didn't seem as though she intended to slow down at all as the sailors - pirates - on that ship led her bow in the direction of the Infernavika and the Fowadi.

Wonderful.

More rum.

Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013