BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Wryu could hear voices talking. One was the insect, the other was a matoran or toa, judging in the accent. She thought about the way the insect spoke. Child like, just like his behaviour. She decided that she would teach him some manners once she was, in his words, "fixed"

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC: Chivinix

Chivinix emitted a low, chitter like sound. Though the exact definition wasn't known, it was clear it was a sign of frustration

"Listen little flame. Either toa can be Chivinix's problem or little flames problem. Whose problem is toa?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Svero & Saeren

At this point Svero had also noticed the large Rahi and his (assuming it was a he) cargo. One of his fellow Guardsmen was already talking to the creature, so he focused on making his approach quiet, and on getting someone to go fetch Saeren again. His Matatu would be useful for taking care of this Toa slung across the Rahi's shoulders.

"Sergeant," he said as he got closer, "who's the newcomer?"

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC: Wryu

Wryu looked up to see a blurred vision of a Toa of Fire. As here sight grew stronger she saw he was covered in scars and scratches, and had an eye patch covering one of his eyes. 

She would have liked to have spoke, but all she could manage was a slight exhaled breath. At this point, she didn't care who took her to the hospital, just as long as she got there. Although, she couldnt say the insect allowed for the most comfy ride. He didnt seem to have her well being all at heart, that was for certain.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Chivinix peered at the newcomer, the slits of his eyes narrowing as he seemed to examine him. Though his attention was brought back to Ril

"Or little flame could allow Chivinix to continue on to hospital without questions."

Despite talking to Ril his eyes kept darting to the newcomer, who appeared to be a toa but was of a coloration Chivinix had not seen before, and that only made him more or a risk. Fire he could handle, but a power he did not know was another story.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Wryu let go of her breath she didnt even realize she was holding. Much like the curved sickle strapped to her belt. She might just get out of this alive.

But as she finished her train of though, she coughed violently. Her eyes were shut but she could hear the splatter of blood hit the floor.

OOC: Anyone have any medical training? Not sure if she has time to get to the hospital.

Chivinix could hear the toa coughing, and noticed the bit of blood splatter on the ground. Normally he would kill the sick and weak and eat them, but in this society it seemed to be frowned upon. Instead he moved her out of the street and off to the side and moved her from his shoulder to his arms, as he set her on the ground, However he quickly glared at Ril

"Little flame prevent chivinix from taking toa to hospital, now Little flame must help."

As he laid her down on the ground he tilted her head to the side, knowing enough to prevent her from choking on her own blood

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC: Saeren & Svero

"He should be on his way." He turned from Ril to the Rahi. "Listen, a medic is on his-- here he is.", Saeren was striding down the street, trailing behind the Matoran Svero had sent back for him.

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the patient is the Toa on the Rahi," he said, taking in the battered form and the blood on both the Toa's chin and the ground. "My name is Saeren, I'm a medic with Ta-Koro Hospital." He leaned down for a moment and whispered "Ko-Toa, doctor, Mask of Healing," into the Matoran's ear before saying, "If you just relax your hold on her, I can take her to a medic station that's been set-up nearby. It'll be a much smoother ride if you let me handle it." He tapped his Matatu.

As Saeren spoke, Svero quietly let his hand rest on the pommel of his sword. The Rahi didn't seem to be willing to let more equipped hands take over, and if it was going to cause trouble... he hoped it wouldn't come to that. Fighter though he was, he understood the principle of not endangering patients just as well as Saeren did.

EDIT: OOC- CeeCee, could you give me a few details on how Wryu is injured? It'll help with how Saeren handles things till that Matoran gets back.

Edited by Zox the Arendelle Fox

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Wryu was only semi-conciseness, but she heard something about about a medic. No. The medic was speaking to her. Or was is Chivinix? Everything was just echos and noises around her. Nothing made sense

OOC: Yeah Zox, she was attacked by a Nui Jaga and has a puncture lung and has been stabbed twice in her abdomen. She has currently lost a lot of blood.

Chivinix looked to the what called Saeren and after a moment's consideration he backed away, hopefully with his arms attached as he carefully tried to loosen Wryu's grip of his arms. However at Ril's comment he all but shouted

"Could have been less if little flame didn't stop chivinix to talk. Chivinix tried to get Toa to hospital."

However with his commentary finished, chivinix moved fully away now, rising from his crouch to full height as he crossed his arms over his chest, wings flicking slightly in irritation

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC:

Angelus took a deep breath and held it when Kino tightened her hold around his throat, but he found just the right angle to breathe somewhat normally again. Discounting the muscle around her bicep, Kino's skin was soft, and almost as warm as any blanket. So was her smile, pressed against his chest. He closed his eyes, breathed through his nose, and scooted down a little further, next to Kino.

"Fine," he said, speaking directly to her nose. "But that means you're going to have to miss a home cooked breakfast. Lucky for you I know a fruit bar on the way."

-Tyler

IC: (Kino Iho)

My eyes slowly opened to see that Angel's face was now level with mine, a contented sigh escaped from my smirking lips. I ran my hand down the side of his face, then tracing his jaw with my index finger, giggling softly. "As much as I would love to see what you'd get up to in my kitchen. I think a light breakfast would be great," I playfully tapped my finger against his nose.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Saeren & Svero

As the Rahi back off, Svero and Saeren moved slowly in to kneel beside the patient. Saeren silently pointed at the abdominal wounds and handed Svero his bag. The Bo-Toa nodded in understanding and quickly went to work. He covered the open wounds carefully, layering plenty of gauze, taking mental notes of the perceived depth and raggedness of the wounds. Saeren had laid a hand on the side of the Toa's chest, just below the rent where something had gone right through. He could hear a slight sucking sound as the Toa breathed in. Swearing deep beneath the calm expression he wore in the field, Saeren tapped Svero's arm. "That's good enough, this is more important." The lung was probably punctured, but the open chest wall was what would kill her. "Ma'am, this is going to cause some discomfort. Svero here is going to put an occlusive dressing on your wound, but we're going to need to allow air to leave. I'll need to put a hole through your armor, and puncture down to the lung. That should release air and let you breathe more easily. We have a doctor on the way, but we need to make sure you're stable. Can we do this?"

As Saeren explained what they were going to do, Svero prepared the dressing. He put several of the adhesive strips onto a single cloth, and then folded another cloth around it. He applied it to the wound, and watched the Toa for a sign that they could continue.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

IC:

If there was one thing that annoyed Svero, it was wounds caused by large Rahi. Such as Nui-Jaga, such as the one that had wounded the Toa that he and Saeren were currently working on. He could recognize the need for an occlusive bandage just as well as Saeren, upon noticing the full extent of Wryu's wounds. So he quickly applied it upon it being mentioned to him, acting oddly deferential towards Saeren. For obvious reasons, though, for anybody who knew him well.

Svero was an ecologist first, a medic second, and a fighter third. Saeren was a medic first, second, third, and fourth, and then he was a nurse fifth. It was obvious to Svero who would be more able to do the necessary work in these situations, and while he was by no means lacking in experience functioning as a combat medic, Saeren knew more and would be less likely to make a mistake than Svero would be. So he sat there quietly, preparing himself for what further treatments he might need to give to the patient lying next to him.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Korero)

As they left the tent, he turned his attention back to the still-silent Toa of Fire.

"Oreius," he asked quietly, "do you want to talk?"

IC (Oreius)

"About what?" the Toa replied, in a rare bout of eloquence. "How we let six Skakdi take charge of my city? No. We hunt first, and talk after my people can sleep in peace again."

IC: Saeren

Saeren placed a hand near the top of the Toa's chest, and sent a small charge of power into the armor. A small hole appeared in the protodermis, the metal rushing downward to penetrate the skin and end just inside the pleural cavity. He felt a hiss of air on the palm of his hand, and gave Svero a nod.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

IC:

Svero quickly set to work, laying a bandage down over the small hole, applying it fully on three sides but leaving the fourth open, so that air could escape through the hole but not come back in. Once done, he nodded to Saeren.

"I wasn't aware you were allowed to do needle decompression."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

"I've gotten cleared to do all sorts of things." He winked. "Perks of hanging out with the doctors." He returned to the patient: "You should be able to breath a little more easily now: I'm going to levitate you towards the Square. We should meet a Mask of Healing halfway."

He activated his Matatu, turned with Svero to walk back towards the square. "In fact, I see one at the far end of this street." He smiled. "We'll have you on your feet in no time."

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

Wryu felt her self being lifted up with the power of Saeren's Matutu. It was a strange weightless feeling. For some odd reason she felt ashamed to be carried by a mask of levitation although that shame was drowned out by her rediscovered ability to actually breath. It was a process that was very underrated.

(Mariko)

The Dark Toa watched the medics carry Draeverian away. The Toa of sonics had taken quite the hit, but he was still alive and he had given the Aitua an important clue. In fact, he doubted his friend knew what this meant to him. The sensation when touching the syringe was unmistakable - is had contained antidermis.

A vague idea, a puzzle image, begean to form inside in his mind, projected into the empty air in front of him: A previously powerless criminal had managed to break free, with enough force to critically injure a Toa; and now a syringe with antidermis. If he connected these dots, the picture became clearer. But he had to find proof of the correlation.

With his clue in hand, Mariko made his way deeper into the cell-blocks, to do what DJ had asked him to and to get one step closer to the bottom of this mystery. 

OOC: Gonna do a minor timeskip to out of the hospital.

IC: DJ

DJ rolled his right shoulder a bit, despite the treatment he had received he was still sore from what injuries he had received. It was amazing what a toa with some medical knowledge and a mask of healing could fix and in such a short time. 

He now moved towards the prison, hoping that Mariko would still be there, and hopefully have a clue as to what that vial was.

IC (Mariko):

Mariko was sitting on the bunk in the empty cell when Draeverian found him again. The dark Toa was leaned slightly forward, one arm placed on his knee, propping up his torso, the other held loosely, fingers still wrapped around the syringe. He had a dark look on his face and was obviously pondering on thoughts that were equally grim, judging by the way he was glaring at the floor. He had spent the last few hours going over every detail in the cell and the corridor, trying to find out more clues.There had been no interruptions, since the majority of guardsmen were swarming all over Ta-Koro to deal with the damage that the Skakdi's attack had caused. It had allowed him to work with complete focus, but beyond mentally recreating the inmate's escape, there was little to go on. Which made Draeverian's arrival fortunate.

He looked up as the Toa of sonics entered. Draeverian's head turned to him. 

"So...do you know what it is?" he asked. Mariko slightly shook his head. "Not exactly; but I have a strong suspicion."

He looked at his companion for a few seconds, then turned back towards the floor. "Tell me what you remember of the escape and this old friend of yours."

The Toa of Sonics grimaced, but then began to recount the events after he and Mariko had parted ways in the village before the attack. When he had finished, Mariko stood up and walked up to him. He handed the other Toa the syringe. "This little concoction...is based on Antidermis."

-------------------------

(Leah)

The Toa Maru of water had accompanied her brothers to the tent, but while they had entered so that Korero could get checked up, Leah had started to assist the Ta Matoran in the vicinity, taking care of minor wounds, helping with removing rubble. Luckily the fight had not hurt the village too much in terms of material damage. That Lavapool was a ruin, but beyond that there were just a few broken walls and demolished merchant stands. Nothing that would take long to rebuild. No, the village itself hadn't suffered much - but the villagers had. Many had been injured in the crossfire as they had chased the attackers out. The Skakdi hadn't care who was in their way. And even though the Maru had faced off against them directly, they had been lucky by comparison.

Her own cuts, while painful, were superficial for the most part. If Reidak had managed to land a solid hit on her, she probably would not have walked away from it. Though she had never fought a Skakdi before, she had seen them around Le-Koro enough in the past to know that these six had been stronger than the average member of her species - and that the green ones condition had been far from normal. And now they were on their way underground, through the dark walk. Possibly to the vault? 

That last thought made her insides tense up. That was when Korero and Oreius reappeared. The Toa of air seemed to be mostly back in shape, but her fiery brother looked angry, which was confirmed by his words to Korero.

"We hunt first, and talk after my people can sleep in peace again."

Leah couldn't deny that she still felt uneasy whenever her brother got in a mood like this. It wasn't because of his union with Inu, but rather her worry that he might let his anger get the better of him, causing him to get hurt as a result of it. She would have said as much, when she rejoined the two, but she knew it would do no good. If it had been Ga-Koro, she probably would have felt the same. No, the best option was to channel the anger towards the intended targets. 

"They will not have gotten far yet...I doubt they know their way around the dark walks. We can still cut them off."

Together the three Maru made their way back to Akiri Jaller, to bring him up to speed on their plan.  

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Saeren nodded to the other Guardsman, speaking slowly because of the concentration required to keep his patient aloft. "And it feels creepy as heck, too. While I was being trained my instructor used one on me, said it was to help me 'understand how the patient feels.' I don't think I caught your name."

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

As it happened, doing her actual job and searching for witnesses proved less mutually-exclusive than one might expect.

The hospital was a madhouse, of course, to say nothing of the half-dozen treatment tents set up outside.  She made a mental note to circle around and check there as well, but the hospital itself seemed a better starting point - she had no desire to interrupt the medics still frantically patching up survivors.  Those inside were more likely to be either stable or dead, and either condition meant she had a job to do.

Her first stop was to check in on the morgue, down in the basement gloom; half a dozen bodies were already waiting, and a quick word with a passing staffer confirmed there would only be more on the way.  She looked out over them - mostly Matoran, a Toa, a Vortixx - and felt a twinge of regret.  I'll come to you in time, don't worry.  But right now someone else takes priority.

Back aboveground, she set about a quick sweep of the building.  More than a few of the hospital staff jumped when they saw her before recognition set in; she ignored it.  More pressing was the patients - most were asleep or unconscious, and the one rather battered-looking Ta-Matoran that she did find awake screamed his lungs out the moment she passed by his door, resulting in a less-than-fun conversation with hospital security.

She had resigned herself to trying her luck outside when she heard a voice coming from the room at the end of the hall.

"...That makes it all the more important to get this story out there so that every village can work together to bring these Skakdi to justice."

This was promising. 

"I’m afraid I must be on my way, but is there anything you would like to say before I go? Feel free to give me your words as well, Ophaim."

"Thanks for the talk," came another voice, "it's nice to meet new people and have conversations with them. Besides I needed get that off my chest, I have Ophaim here but he doesn't usually reply with more that two words."

"I'll try to use at least three," she said, and stepped in front of the doorway.  Inside was two Toa, a Ga-Matoran, and - was that a cake on the table? All three started, and before there could be another round of screaming, she held up her bag. 

"Bohrei Tantarus.  I run the morgue here and consult with the Guard.  And before things get out of hand, I'm given to understand the culprits were all male, so let's not make this a drama.  I'd like a few words."

[OOC: Sorry for butting in, Emzee/Anna/Onarax, but she's gotta interact somewhere, and things were just set up so nicely.]

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Chivinix followed the slowly growing group as they 'lifted' Wryu towards the medic station. While he would not let them know, he was fascinated by the way the toa was able to lift Wryu into the air. Never before had he seen such a power used. But he would not give this group the satisfaction of knowing he didn't know about that power, Instead he walked behind them, eyes trying to avoid that fascinating use of power.

"How long will healing take? Injured toa owe Chivinix. Chivinix should have left her to die in forest, could have avoided trouble."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu