BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ril

What exactly did Ril want his new compatriot to do? To be honest, it had been a spur of the moment decision, one made due to a hunch that he'd need some backup. Many of his colleagues in the Guard were elsewhere in the village, trying to fix things up in the aftermath of the attack, leaving really only him to deal with the warehouse. He could leave things for later, but the Toa of Fire knew that the chaos that was currently affecting the Ta-koro Guard would being doing the same to the criminal element of the village. It was the perfect time to strike. All the necessary paperwork had been filed weeks ago. If he were to move now, it was most likely that he could deny one of the larger gangs one of their major assets.

He wasn't so stupid to believe that the warehouse would be left unguarded, however. Yet without really anyone else to turn to, he'd have to adjust to the Onu-matoran he'd recruited.

"Help me check if they've got anyone posted there, and if necessary, distract them."

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan was a bit suspicious about his new temporary "employer", even if he tried to hide it. Thanks to him, Kirgan had gone from a miner on vacation to a Ta-Koro guard member in mere minutes. In itself, this was fine with Kirgan (he had left Onu-Koro due to boredom caused by his holiday anyway), but he couldn't be sure whether he was being tricked into something he was not fully up to.

Still, he obliged and cautiously peeked inside the warehouse.

OOC: Like Kirgan, I have no idea what he'll see.

IC: Saeren

The Fe-Toa Medic rolled his shoulders as he walked along the street. Things were calming down, he felt, at least on the medical side of things. He reached behind him and took the bronze shell from the top of his backpack, affixing it over the emblem marking him as an EMT. Unmarked, Saeren was off-duty, at least for now.

Looking around he saw two Akiri, passing a guard he heard that Angelus himself was on the streets.

Maybe I should head back to the hospital, see if I can find that reporter, he thought. It would do good to have such things mentioned in the news reports about this incident. He hefted his bag, saying aloud, "And I could do with a refill on supplies."

Stepping onto a side-street, Saeren began his walk to the Ta-Koro Hospital.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

To a casual observer, there would be nothing out of the ordinary occurring in the warehouse. Guards of all different species, number five in total, roamed around, eyes flickering from side to side to catch any intruder. Simple-looking workers slowly packed unidentifiable objects into packages, unaware of Kirgan's peeping. It appeared to be a simple warehouse, one where goods would be stored until they were sent off to markets. In essence, that was what the building was, but there was something far more sinister at work.

Kirgan would first notice the fumes emanating from the packages. It was a sickly-sweet scent, one that was not too disparate from the aroma of a bulaberry. Yet other smells were permeating the air as well, and they could be described as nothing but absolutely horrid.

This warehouse belonged to one of Ta-koro's gangs.

And the illicit substances they sold were stored here.

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan shrugged. Running was not required in his ordinary work, and any of his previous adventures hadn't involved serious danger... well, the last one had, but that was besides the point. He was not a sprinter.

"I guess I'm average", he said, trying to hide his insecurity. "Onu-Matoran don't really need to move quick, that's what the Le-Matoran do, but I know I'm not the slowest one around."

"Yeah, I wanted to see if you could try and distract all the guards," explained Ril. "It'd be easier if everyone evacuated before I blew the place sky-high, but ..."

If Kirgan was not that good of a runner, the sergeant didn't want to risk it. He had, after all, "forcibly" conscripted his compatriot, and it probably wouldn't be right to throw the Matoran into such a dangerous situation. Average might have been enough for anything else, but gangsters were definitely a danger.

"What about sneaking around?"

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan was silent and relatively quick as he snuck into the warehouse. The smell of the packages hit him hard, but he quickly got used to it. Being a miner, he had learned to ignore unpleasant smells around him.

Kirgan realized he wasn't sure what to do next. He had chloroform, but he had never used such stuff before. Onu-Matoran were famous for their understanding of sciences like chemistry, but Kirgan was one of those who had never bothered to learn any of it.

Am I supposed to use this as gas? he wondered. Or throw it at them?

Kirgan opened the container of chloroform once he was close to one of the workers. He wished he had thought of asking Ril about this before barging in. It looked like something was seeping out of the container, but only time would tell if that was actually how you were supposed to use it.

In the unlikely chance that anyone caught Kirgan sneaking around, they would be distracted by the sudden entrance of Ril, the eyepatch-wearing Toa of Fire dramatically striding in to fix each and every one of the warehouse's denizens with heavy glares. His body was tense, ready to leap into combat at any moment. If all went according to plan, however, then he'd probably not have to fight, but alas, he really doubted such an occurrence.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he began. "Under the orders of the Ta-koro Guard, this warehouse is hereby closed. All of you are to surrender to us your goods and weaponry."

You're also all under arrest.

"Failure to comply will mean that this place goes sky-high."

Silence. Ril inwardly smirked. He had caught them off-guard. They'd recover quickly, he knew, but he liked seeing their shocked faces.

"You're bluffing," called out of the gangsters, a Toa of Air wielding some strange blade. "You ain't gonna kill yourself."

The Toa of Fire shook his head. Looked like it was time to take care of business then.

"Well then," he drawled. "Come at me bro."

Alright Kirgan, it's your show now. I'll handle these guys.

Maybe he compatriot couldn't hear his thoughts, but hopefully the Matoran could at least take advantage of his distraction.

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan was well aware of Ril's entrance, and decided to use the distraction given to him. Hopping around the warehouse, from one pile of boxes to the next, he spread the chloroform into the already damp air. He could see that it was, at least partially, working. Workers were beginning to look dizzy and disoriented, though part of that might also have been due to Ril's sudden appearance in their midst.

Thanks to his efforts, workers were collapsing like flies around the warehouse.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: That's uh, not how chloroform works.

Fighting against a numerically superior force, Ril decided, was really just a game of dodging. He ducked under swings of a sword, parried away punches, and all-in-all attempted to move as far away as possible from his opponents. It was a shame that he couldn't use his powers, but unless he wanted to blow himself up, it wasn't going to be something to do.

"My grandmother hits harder than you," he mocked, blocking a punch from a gangster with his arms. "And she's dead."

OOC: Uh... Earth physics don't apply in the BZPRPG? :P

Truth is, I'm not exactly sure how the stuff works. Aaaaanyway, lemme try another approach.

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan stood hidden, carrying unconscious workers to one corner of the warehouse.

OOC: Edited the previous post as well.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

A Skakdi collapsed to the ground, knocked out cold by a kick to face. Ril ignored the other being, tackling the sword-wielding Toa into a wall. His body was sore from the hits he had taken, and his energy was starting to run low. It wasn't as bad as his time on the streets though. No matter how many gangsters there were, they weren't as tough as the opponents he fought back when he was some snot-nosed street rat.

"Two down," he declared, as the other Toa fell to the ground. Ril turned to face the final three gangsters, who had surrounded him. "But this is just getting started."

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan's task proved easier than he had thought. Only one worker spotted him, and even then Kirgan could easily knock him out with his powerful miner's fists.

Kirgan piled up the workers behind a crate and put down the chloroform container next to them to keep them subdued.

The sounds of battle echoed through the warehouse. Kirgan watched keenly from behind a box, but decided not to interfere. Ril knew how to fight better than he did.