BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ril

The Guard worked like clockwork,swarming across the warehouse as they began their duties. Nothing was left unchecked: the drugs were categorised and marked as evidence, the workers moved to temporary holding cells, each and every part of the building inspected. It was satisfying, watching everything occur. It was a sign that the gang affiliated with the warehouse had been dealt a heavy blow. It was a sign that everything had gone all according to plan.

"You'll probs need to be debriefed," commented Ril, glancing at his companion.

IC:

A spear suddenly planted itself in the deck by Gunner's feet. Tied to the spear was a note. The Infernavika, which had just pulled up behind the hijacked pirate ship, quickly turned to sail out of range, not that it necessarily needed to while the Longest Ship Collision EverTM was going on. The note read:

Dear friends,

The 'Vika has no guns, and no armor suitable for ramming. Once you're finally done ramming the enemy ship, I'm planning on coming over and joining the fight personally, and leaving Raknar the monkey in charge of the 'Vika. You all left me here and there's nothing to do. Curse you all.

Also, has anyone seen Mimira?

-Y-

P.S. I'M SO LONELY GUYS PLEASE LET ME COME HELP YOU THERE'S NOTHING TO DO I CAN HELP I SWEAR.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC:

"I'M NOT CRAZY!" was the response that Gunner received.

Yasurek turned his head from the helm of the 'Vika to look at Gunner. The matoran looked tired, drained of life. As he started to walk towards Gunner, various joints creaked in his body, as if they hadn't been used in a long time.

"How long does it take to crash a ship into another ship?" he spat once he got closer. He paused for a few seconds, his mind catching up to what was currently happening. He grabbed onto Gunner's leg.

"Thank Mata Nui you're here! Please don't leave me! I'm okay with the responsibility of taking care of the ship while you guys are out but it's so boring and I feel really unhelpful and I already did that and I'd like to do something else and Mimira's with you isn't she? That's so like her."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

IC:

I really didn't know what to say here.

Well, okay, that's not true; there were several that I could've said, but which wouldn't have helped the situation any, so in truth, I really didn't what to say that would be helpful here.

It's always important to be careful in your choice of words.

"Right ... um ... first off, yeah, Mim's back on the other ship. I don't like it, I have a feeling that you don't like it, but yeah. That's what she does. I honestly don't think that she's ever obeyed an order in her life. I have a terrible feeling that she may be picking up traits from me."

Gently, awkwardly, I tried to pry Yasurek's fingers off of my thigh.

"In regards to your other grievance, I, uh ... well, let's be frank, Yasurek. We wouldn't have left you in charge of the ship if we thought you weren't helpful. Granted, this little escapade of ours is taking a bit longer than anticipated, soooo ... I guess that I should ask if you wanna come join us? Over on the other ship."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Yasurek released his grip on Gunner's leg and stood still for a second, staring off into nothing. After a short pause, he looked up at Gunner.

"Alright, I'm starting to feel rational again. However, if Mimira is starting to take after you, then I'd better come with you. I'm slightly more responsible than you, so that'll cancel out some of the bad habits she's picking up."

He looked around the deck of the ship. "As for the 'Vika, we should have someone take care of it, but I'm not sure who's still here and trustworthy enough to leave in charge. I suppose we could just anchor it here and hope nobody steals it. I'm sure Captain Lohkar wouldn't mind."

IC:

I arched an eyebrow.

"Knowing the Captain, may I suggest a slightly altered plan?"

I didn't wait for a response, I just winked, turned to the front of the ship and bellowed, "TELLUS! CAN YOU STEER THE SHIP FOR A WHILE? YOU CAN? GREAT!"

Flashing a grin at Yasurek, I continued. "I think he said yes. It was hard to tell, though; I couldn't actually hear anything."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Yasurek returned the grin.

"Tellus only says things when he needs to. It'll be fine." He extended a hand to Gunner. "Now, let the battle be joined anew and all that."

IC:

"Wonderful."

I wrapped an arm around Yasurek's chest, under his armpit, and with just an extra moment of concentration to compensate for the extra weight, we were flying across the stretch of water, back over to the enemy's ship. In fact, we arrived just in time for to see Lasinia pull out a cup and start asking for hot water.

"Hey look guys, Yasurek's still alive!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: I'll just put Taro here...

IC: (Tarotrix/Warehouse)

The Colonel looked first at the gangsters, and then the drugs. All in all, Taro was impressed that two guardsmen did this alone. One a conscript, even. He looked at the cloth bags, the bottles, filled with all varieties of narcotics that would have corrupted the Ta-Koroan youth, or something like that.

"This is enough dope to put a dragon to sleep, good Mata Nui," he said, inspecting a bottle of opium. "Nice going, Bombardier. Now, how did you pinpoint this joint?"    

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Ril

"Life's crazy like that," remarked Ril. "You'll never know what'll happen."

His gaze moved towards Tarotrix. It was somewhat of a surprise, seeing the Colonel arrive on scene. Didn't think he'd cause such a commotion, really.

"This place's been watched for a while," replied the Fire Toa. "Saw that the paperwork was all clear. Decided that it'd be best to strike when most of them are distracted with other things."

OOC: Yay! First time posting in the BZPRPG! 

IC: It had taken several days for Natharius to work himself up to this point. He'd wandered all over Ta-Wahi, from the Charred Forest to the abandoned fort in the Tren Krom Break and everywhere in between over the past few weeks, but it wasn't until now that he'd finally decided to venture into Ta-Koro itself. The immense fortress of stone towered high above him, but was still overshadowed by the mighty mount Mangai behind it. 

"Here goes nothing." he muttered to himself, pulling his hood up to cover his face. The wind was uncomfortably warm (but that might have just been because of his affinity with ice), and it carried with it a cloud of powdery ash that billowed about him like snow. He hesitated at the edge of the might stone bridge, but finally, he took that first fateful step towards his future, and set off towards the gates of the city. 

As he walked, he thought briefly about the events that had led him this far. A life of rejection and solitude. He was shunned by most Skakdi for his (comparatively) peaceful nature, and most Matoran and Toa were suspicious of him simply because he was a Skakdi. But after recent events, he'd grown tired of living in isolation. Times were swiftly changing, and he needed to change with them. The best way to do that would be to find himself a place to fit in, to make himself useful in some way. He'd considered all kinds of professions he might be good at; mercenary, engineer, blacksmith, bodyguard or miner, but in the end he'd decided to figure it out when he arrived in the city and found out what sort of work was needed. He had a very diverse skill set; he'd fit in somewhere. 

He hoped as much, at least. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Who's the Onu-Koroan, by chance?"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

The kid seems to be trying sound like he's a guardsman. Taro knew he wasn't, with his lack of badge and tone of voice said everything. "Thanks for helping out. It's rare we get a civilian helping us. Especially in cases such as this."  

Edited by Mr. House

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan pulled out the guard ensign he had been given by Ril and grinned good-naturedly. "If a badge is enough to make you a guard, you can consider me one... but I guess it's fair to say I'm more of a civilian. I was just looking for something to do."

"Fine with me. I guess you're as good as a deputy at this point," Taro said.

He turned to Ril. "Is this the only site we've found? Or can we make this day a bit more productive and take out some more?"

OOC: Might as well join in.

IC:

[Ta-koro, Abandoned Warehouse]

Lucira watched the duo of higher ups and the odd civilian from her perch directing the removal of the drugs.  She was physically exhausted from another day hauling rubble and wounded around the city, but all hands were needed for some kind of work, and as a senior officer lesser organizational tasks fell to her.

She knew that there were a few areas of suspicion around the market district, but due to the huge number of warehouses in that area they would need to do some more scouting before the paperwork went through.  Whether the sergeant knew this or not, she wasn’t aware.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro, Warehouse):

Kirgan looked around the streets surroudning the warehouse. He had heard of some big attack on the village, but hadn't really paid attention to the details. It was those Skakdi again anyways, so it wasn't really anything unsurprising... but it was sudden and catastrophic. It seemed that the biggest concern of everyone in the city was to return order and repair whatever had been damaged by the attack. Maybe that was why they were so willing to take total strangers to work as temporary guards.

IC: Wokiya – Ta-Koro Hospital

But we weren’t the ones to let the milk spill. Had there been adequate security in the first place, we wouldn’t have had all these crimes today to begin with, Wokiya snarked in her head. She dared not speak to the Skakdi this way though. Being less oppositional – while requiring a lot of effort on her part – did come easier when faced against a Skakdi.

“I got nothin’,” Wokiya answered, “Sorry”

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

"...I see."  Perhaps it was just her imagination, but the reporter's voice had a bit of an edge to it.  She could read a room - there was little more to be gained from further questioning. 

She returned her notebook to her bag.  "Your cooperation is appreciated.  If at any time you recall something connected to this case, report it to the Guard immediately, or leave a message at my office here.  And the best of luck with your recoveries." 

She nodded briefly to the three, then turned and left the room.  It was seeming more and more likely that this would be a fruitless search - whichever of the Piraka had defiled the Suva had done so while the other five were still wreaking havoc.  In the circumstances, who would notice an extra visitor on his way up to the shrine? 

Still - she had only just begun.  There was still a chance someone out there had seen the culprit; barring that, the investigation at the Suva was still ongoing.  The killer had carried out the murder with such care that it was difficult to believe he'd left any clues of real value, but that was no reason to discard the possibility.  And if all else failed -

Bohrei thought again of how the woman had been strung up, of how the temple had been defiled around her.  If, somehow, the Piraka were captured, she had little doubt whichever of them had murdered Patunga would confess.  No, not quite - he would explain.  Given the opportunity, he would retell the act down to the slightest detail. 

And she would listen, if it came to that.

Things had begun to quiet down outside the hospital; it seemed the worst of the cases were either on their way to a bed or her office, and either way they were out of the doctors' hands now.  She considered her options - the more witnesses she could speak to, the better, but not even she could interview all those who'd been involved.  She needed to narrow down the search.  Think, Bohrei.  Who would have had the best chance of tracking the Piraka?

She knew the answers, of course, all six of them.  Everywhere she had gone that night, there had been a background hum, half-grateful, half-confused: they could defeat Makuta - why couldn't they stop these maniacs?

There was a problem: she had no way of meeting them, and if she did, there was no guarantee they would listen to her.  Would they pursue the truth for someone already lost when there were countless living still depending on them? And would they look her in the eye when six of her species had just laid ruin to their home?

More questions she couldn't answer.  That was all she seemed to be turning up tonight.

She sighed.  The case was already beginning to slip away - but that was no excuse to give up.  She was going to need help if she wanted to get in contact with the Toa Maru, even if it was only to pass along a message; she needed to find someone who they would accept as one of their people.

Easier said than done for her.  I suppose this is when being an outsider who works with corpses all day shows its downsides.  Wearily, she turned and started back towards the Guard's headquarters.

[OOC: I could probably find some way to match this up with a dangling plot here, but... it's late and I don't want to convo-lock Emzee and co. any longer.  So I'm cashing in on my once-in-a-blue-moon "open for interaction" card.  =P 

Also apologies for the slightly bleh prose.]

Edited by GSR
  • Upvote 2

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Natharius had heard a lot of rumours and stories about Ta-Koro, but he'd clearly missed something important of late. The city looked to be a disaster zone. He'd bought a map off a trader on his way to the city, but where the famous Lavapool Inn was meant to be was a smoking pile of rubble and ash instead.

A few members of the Ta-Koro Guard still hung around, aiding in the cleanup, and he cautiously approached one of them. "What happened here?" he asked, looking around. Nearby buildings were cracked and scorched as well, clear signs of a nasty battle. The more violent part of his mind was sorry that he'd missed out on all of the action. 

"Your Skakdi buddies, the one who calls themselves Piraka, they breezed through the place," the guard growled, looking Natharius up and down (mostly up, due to his height). "You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" The two of them moved away from the wreckage, so they wouldn't get in the way.

"Hey, I just got here," Natharius said defensively, as they walked. "I didn't know anything about this, nor am I associated with the Piraka. From what I hear, those guys are completely off the rails. Just because I'm a Skakdi..."

"No, sorry, I wasn't trying to insinuate anything like that," the guardsman apologised, stopping beside another building, "everyone's a little on edge at the moment, and your kind aren't the most popular folks in town right now. I'd suggest you probably try to keep your head down and not draw attention to yourself for the time being. That might be a little difficult for someone your height, but..." 

"I get it," Natharius nodded, "don't enrage the locals. But, ah, one thing... if that," he indicated the cratered ruin where the battle had clearly taken place, "was the inn, where am meant to stay tonight?"

"A lot of people are out of their homes right now. The Piraka tore up half the district. You might be able to rent out a room in one of the other inns or taverns, but I doubt it. They're mostly full. Chances are, you'll end up with a lot of other refugees and newcomers, out on the street. It's going to take time to set up shelters and rebuild. Everyone's going to have to pull their weight to recover from this." 

"I'll keep that in mind." Natharius replied, noticing a passing group of Matoran giving him dirty looks out of the corner of his eye. 

"Don't stir up trouble, and you'll be fine," the guardsman assured him, and turned to rejoin the rest of his squad combing through the inn's wreckage. "Oh, and one more thing," he stopped and turned back around, saying in a deadpan voice: "welcome to Ta-Koro." 

Natharius only nodded in response, and turned away from the ruined inn.

He didn't feel very welcome. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Wokiya – Ta-Koro Hospital

“I’ll take one more piece,” Wokiya said, bouncing back into a cheerful disposition, “I really should get going though. The sooner I can show the rest of Mata Nui’s residents eyewitness testimonies of the horrors that took place here, the sooner other villages may send us their sympathies, and donations”

After finishing the cake, she rose from her chair and smiled warmly to the two Toa.

“You two have been great hosts, and great eyewitnesses. Your stories need to be heard,” Wokiya said, “Is there anything you wanna know of me before I go?”

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC (Oreius, Inu)

The silence stretched on. 

"Very well," Oreius said at last, his voice deliberately even. "I will listen when you are willing to speak. Until then, my people need me."

The Toa of Fire left, throwing one last comment over his shoulder as he made his exit.

"Make yourselves at home."

The door closed.

OOC: Natogreavesy, here's a little staff hospitality... If we're lucky, it won't end in hospitalization. :P

IC:

A hand, scarred and clawed, slapped down on the black-and-red Skakdi's shoulder as he turned away from the wreckage of what'd once been Ta-Koro's number one watering hole. His pale blue eyes followed the hand up its arm, and eventually alighted on a dirty-brown (notice the hyphen; I may be brown, but I pride myself on being clean as a wet whistle... that is, except in a couple spots) Skakdi, all lean muscle and casual swaggoo. The newby Skakdi's gaze observed in turn a handsome mug, a super-sweet green tattoo around one eye, a killer jawline, peak physique (I could go on, but I'll stop there); and when the aforementioned mug that was handsome broke into a smile, it revealed perfectly-kept pearlies, accented tastefully here and there with gold compatriots. The scarred hand squeezed on its new perch with a friendly dose of force.

"Couldn't help noticing a weird-lookin' fella like you, following you around a while for kicks, keeping a less-than-respectful distance during that conversation you just had, and accidentally overhearing what transpired therein--" the immaculate teeth told him. As the pearlies clacked up and down and all around, the newcomer watched them in fascination. Can't say I'm not used to it. "Hey, bud," the toothy Skakdi snapped, interrupting himself and rounding about (which was a rather roundabout way of saying "turning") to stand in front of the newcomer and tap his dark face with a few fingers. "My eyes are up here."

Mr. Traveling Skakdi met and held the gaze for a moment, but something in what he saw made him look away first. Mighta been the evident lack of any and all morality (I've been told so many times, "you do you, Grokk!" so I never pretend to be what I ain't, haters); coulda also been the fact that the dirty-brown Skakdi had closed his glorious mouth, once again throwing the surrounding world back into the days of darkness. There was an audible cry of unadulterated misery from somewhere, honest to karz. But the world didn't suffer for very long; suddenly, a charming grin split my face, and I removed my hand from the newcomer's shoulder, opting instead to flick him there a few times as I continued to speak. "Was only joshing, yeesh, no need to be so serious. Do you think I - me, of all people! - would actually be the sort to draw attention to the social unacceptability of objectifying someone's body, let alone know what objectification is? As if... Come on. Really."

I chortled a little to myself. "I'm too good. But then, I s'pose you don't know me yet." My index finger and thumb put a cease to their hostilities for long enough to retreat from newby's shoulder and extend instead as part of a handshake. "The name's Grokk...

"It's good to be back."

"...Back?" he asked, puzzled.

"Ooch, sorry," I apologized, my face a grimace that only could've been classified as ornate. "That last part I didn't mean to say quite like that... See, it was intended to be part of the narration - and therefore said in the narrative voice - probably separated from that last line of dialogue into a separate paragraph, y'know, for dramatic emphasis. At least, that's how I woulda done it. I'm a little rusty."

"...Narration?"

"Don't mind me. Just doing what I do."

And doing it just as well as you could've possibly hoped.

• Upvote 3

test2.png

IC: (Tarotrix)

"Might as well," he said.

OOC: Lead the way.

IC: A few short minutes later, Jolek exited Jerval's shop, to-go box full of fried fruity treats and dipping sauces in hand.

"Thanks!" he called as the door closed, hearing the beginnings of
"IS NO PROBLEM, ALWAYS OF MY PLEASURES" bellowed in response.

Opening the box up, greedy and impatient like any man starved of a good breakfast, he swiftly plucked a fried plantain disk from the lineup and tossed it into his mouth.

Mmmm. Sweet, Salty perfection. Greatest contrast on the planet.

Nothing like a city twist on a taste of home.

It wasn't the jungle, but he had to admit, this place wasn't so bad.

helo frens