BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: First post with Karaihe :)

IC: (Karaihe/Ta-Koro)

The skakdi of crystal looked around the village of fire.

He had arrived on the island weeks earlier, and had arrived at Ta late the previous day. Walking into an inn, he ordered a drink and sat at one of the stools by the bar, sipping it thoughtfully.

He would need to find work at some point. He was not going to go back to mining. He had spent enough of his life doing that already, and against his will. Mining was the last thing he needed.

The problem was, he was good at it. But he was also good at fighting. Very good.

Therefore, he might consider becoming part of the guard, although his style of fighting* might not be what they were looking for...

But for now, Karaihe was contented to sip his drink...

* Which is grabbing whatever is nearby (weapon, musical instrument, chair, matoran etc.) and hitting your enemy repeatedly with it until they stopped trying to get up again.

OOC: Karaihe is open for interaction :D

Kathok

IC:

I faked a bemused look and slipped the apron around my waist without complaint or issue, but I kept letting the knot slip through my fingers and mimicked an aggravated curse. With closed eyes, I took a couple steps across the room and stopped in front of where I'd seen Skyra sitting, bending down exaggeratedly.

"Before I guess, help me tie this?" I asked innocently.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC, Nilyn: "Yes- I'm an archaeologist. I study ancient artifacts and locations and such. Of course, sometimes when people think that a place is ancient, it turns out it really isn't, and that's what I'm trying to figure out on this iStone- what's worth looking at and what isn't."

IC Mistral

"Huh... Why are ancient artifacts studied? Why are they important?"

IC:

"You're lucky I'm a softie for a cute girl wearing a man's shirt." I stuck my tongue out and made my way over to the counter again. "Still. Good luck getting blackberries with that attitude."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I have a new idea. Why don't you go back upstairs, get in bed, I'll bring breakfast up and then after we eat we'll cuddle? Is that what you want to hear? Can you stop making those faces at me now?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Skyra

"Alright deal." 

I couldn't help but coo happily. I knew I was being a bit of a brat, but the results were wonderful. I happily ascended the stairway and leaped back into the bed. I was still pretty sleepy anyway. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Worth it. For the trouble of watching her pout for a few second, I got to hear her coo and watch her walk. Mmm mm mm. I turned my attention back to finishing up some batter for half a dozen pancakes, and then moved over to a basin of water underneath the window, washing some blackberries and strawberries up. While I scrubbed, I looked up and saw that most of the debris and stains on the street from the fight yesterday had been similarly scrubbed; the crime scene cleanup guys had once again worked their magic. It left me thinking about the other members of the old Company crew, and the Four Peers too. Where was Caerus? It had been too long since I'd heard from the fidgety little information broker. Had something gone wrong? Did Aurelia figure out she was being undermined? No. I'd be dead. Unless that had been Grokk's job. But Grokk had left Bad Company to pop me loose from prison, which meant...what?

It means you're thinking too hard, getting yourself paranoid, working yourself up. There's a hot girl in your bed, breakfast under your nose, and a paycheck waiting for you at headquarters. Take what's offered, Shaddix, and don't read any deeper.

Maybe I wanted bacon, too. I bet Skyra would go in on some bacon.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC, Nilyn: "Well, artifacts are studied mainly because they can give us clues to what an ancient culture was like- how it operated, what social norms were, etcetera. With artifacts we can piece together these ancient cultures and perhaps learn things from them, learn lessons from them. Information gained from ancient cultures could help us better our own." Nilyn grinned a bit. "Plus, artifacts are kinda cool- in my opinion, anyway."

IC: (Karaihe)

From the street, a tremendous noise could be heard coming from an inn on one side. There were shouts, screams, laughs and the sound of shattering glass, splintering wood and a sound which could be best described as "THWACK".

A copper and purple lesterin came flying through the door onto the street outside. Literally flying through the door. There was more smashing glass and crazed laughter before the figure charged back inside, wielding a crude club inexpertly crafted from half a chair.

The noise inside the inn grew...

Inside, Karaihe was swinging from a light on the ceiling, kicking someone in the face. The interior was in chaos: drinkers were scrambling and jumping over the upturned, broken furniture covering the floor.

Most of the weapons consisted of broken bottles, broken furniture, broken people, and only occasionally a knife or two.

Most of the fighters were staggering and skill-less with alcohol, but after all, it was the thought that counted...

Karaihe punched someone else in the face and then blasted them with impact vision. He was enjoying this. He was really enjoying this. This was the whole point of being skakdi...

Kathok

IC: ...

He was pretty sure that wasn't normally the method people used to throw someone out of the bar.

In spite of his better senses, Jolek opened the door and peeked inside, taking stock of the situation.

Drunken bar brawl, bouncer nowhere in sight, Skakdi hanging from a lamp that's gonna break and fall -any- second now...

Okay, maybe that ain't too out of place for Ta-Koro after all. And furthermore, it was as good a place as any to grab a drink. He had gotten pretty thirsty after all the running around with Lucira and everything. Jerval might wanna cut back a tad on the salt too.

Stepping fully through the doorway, Jol raised both hands and began to wade through the chaotic masses. Thankfully, it seemed most people already had the people in mind that they wanted to get a good crack at.

Most, he reminded himself, keeping his head on a swivel and back-stepping as a chair sailed through the space his head had occupied a moment before, continuing on to hit a lanky blue Vortixx in the chest.

He looked over--

"Haha, got 'im!" came the drunken 
cry of triumph.

Oh okay crossfire everything's cool

He continued on his way to the bar proper.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC (Oreius, Inu)

"No," the Toa of Fire replied. "I haven't seen them, and the Guard would know if they were still here. But I've heard nothing."

IC (Korero)

Korero nodded.

"I guess it's just the two of us, then."

He looked his Toa-Brother firmly in the eye and held out a hand.

"Ready?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Drae

DJ brought a hand to rub at his chin as he considered 

"Judging by the amount of activity in the streets, I would say it was around the afternoon. That would also align with the fact that right before the incident a meal was brought to kohra, on a cart from the sounds of it. It was right after the meal was brought that there was a silence, followed by... well bluntly put the jail cell gate flying towards the wall in an explosive manner."

ooc: No problemo

IC (Mariko): 

"Meal on a cart means it traveled through the kitchen. I'd guess...either it was handed to the Vortixx directly or hidden in the meal. Who pushed the cart, if you can remember? A Matoran? Toa? How heavy were the footfalls?" 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC, Nilyn: "Well, artifacts are studied mainly because they can give us clues to what an ancient culture was like- how it operated, what social norms were, etcetera. With artifacts we can piece together these ancient cultures and perhaps learn things from them, learn lessons from them. Information gained from ancient cultures could help us better our own." Nilyn grinned a bit. "Plus, artifacts are kinda cool- in my opinion, anyway."

IC Mistral

"There were cultures before the Koros?"

IC: Drae

Draeverian went silent for sometime as he tried to remember. When he walked the hall leading to Kohra's cell, he had taken a specific amount of steps. He remembered the footsteps of the cart pusher... there was nearly twice as many more than his own, indicating the pusher was much shorter than himself. That could mean either matoran or turaga, however Turaga were held with a certain amount of respect, so it is unlikely they would have one doing such a menial task.

"I can say with confidence it was likely a matoran. Perhaps we need to visit the prison's food department and get a list of who would have been working at that time. I doubt there would be too many who were tasked with that specific section of cells..."

He paused mid-sentence as something else came to his mind. For those who are forced to rely solely on their ability to hear, they begin to notice patterns, such as the difference between someone walking with confidence, and someone walking with hesitation. The footsteps of the matoran sounded stiff and somewhat forced, as if they were unsure of themselves.

"I have two thoughts. The first being that the matoran either did not normally work there. The second being that the matoran was reluctant to do what he did. This is of course just judging by his footsteps."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Well, welcome to the crew." Saeva said cheerfully, allowing the fire that had been orbiting her fingertip to disperse, and pushing her way into a standing position. With practiced, habitual movements she stretched, a series of pops resounding through the air. She glanced, almost sheepishly, at her parents, whom simply sighed and rolled their eyes.

"So, gang, where're we off to?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

The apron went flying from the doorway and smacked Skyra in the face. I followed, one hand holding a tray full of food up in the air precariously and the other casually balled up in a fist, tapping on my knee. The sound of knuckles hitting leather pants got masked by whatever weird sounds Skyra was making (by the way, cooing? Purring? Squealing? I could make an entire list out of any sound you guys can think of, and Skyra would have checked every box before breakfast. Girl's almost as impossible to shut up as I am) while she peeled the apron away from her and chucked it back at me. I casually caught it left-handed and set my right hand down on the dresser. A half-dozen silver dollar pancakes were arranged in two stacks, with whipped cream-and-blackberry handcuffs linking the stacks together; bacon-and-egg smiley face rested above them; top it off with a high crystal glass of Bula juice.

Presentation was flawless, but...

"This is penance for three years of me being a raging dick and, y'know, trying to kill you and everyone on Mata Nui you care about," I explained, hopping back into bed and wrapping my arm behind the headboard of the bed. "Don't expect this level of detail all the time. Or, like, ever again."

IC:

"Juice me!"

Kino Iho raised a canteen of Bula juice and tilted it above Angelus' head; he caught the juice in his mouth, swished it around his teeth, and swallowed with a contented sigh while he started with his reps again. Powerful, corded muscle stretched taut underneath the Captain of the Guard's lanky arms while he pulled himself up and forward, close to the bar, before pushing back out and letting himself drop. Thirty-six. Another four reps and he'd go back out into the hallway and wait; the Akiri was in a meeting, he'd been told, and it must have been important if he wasn't in the mood to chew someone out. So Angelus, bored and in need a workout, walked into the sparring center of the Guard Headquarters and, with Kino as his partner, had started his morning pull ups before he was grilled on the Piraka's assault.

Thirty-seven. Angelus pushed his chest away from the bar and eased himself down, readjusting his grip before pulling himself up again--

"Captain? You have a visitor. He says he's your seven-thirty."

"I don't have a seven-thirty," Angel retaliated. But I have a thirty seven!

"He says you do."

"Send him away," he suggested. "Or arrest him."

"He wants to know about your...magic sword?"

"Get in line," Kino declared brazenly. Angelus sighed and let go of the bar, running his hands experimentally along his triceps before pulling on his leather gloves and dusting his palms off. His mouth pursed in thought for a couple seconds before he nodded to the secretary.

"Alright, send him in," the Captain finally acquiesced. "And juice me."

Kino threw him the entire canteen. If Joske Nimil was gonna try to rope him into another adventure - now, of all times, with Ta-Koro still reeling - he'd need it.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

"The Captain is ready to see you now. He's in the sparring center."

I raised a curious eyebrow but nodded cordially. "Thanks much. I guess I'll be going now."

With that I raised my cup, downed the coffee, then topped it off one more time before slinging my gym bag over my shoulder and walking into the hallowed hall of Guard HQ. It had been more than two years since I had been here, and like the Kohlii Stadium not much had changed; same walls, same room, same layout, same boring pictures on the wall. The place had definitely gone through some renovation -  it actually looked nice for a change - but in the end it was still the same facility that when I was a Matoran I avoided like the plague. Now I found myself not only wanting to be here, but thankful that this institution was still standing strong.

How things come full circle...

True to her word I found Angelus in the sparring room; standing over a bar, canteen in his hand, a spotter next to him, looking like he had spent the last hour lifting weights. Good ol' Angelus, always ready for the next battle. I always admired the commitment of the guy, his straight-forward perseverance and dedication to a cause - Mata-Nui knows how much of it I lacked back in the day and how he had slapped me up silly more than once trying to beat that into my think skull. The events of our last adventure, the Crystal Temple quest, came to mind, and that's when I realized that was the last time I had saw him. Even spoken to him.

I had so much catching up to do.

Even as I sized him up he turned to look at me, and at first I got the blank expression. A rich, deep-red Ta-Toa with gold accents with a splash of black and brown had just walked in, a never-before seen gold mask on his face that was quite angular that ended up with red spikes on top, full-bodies, a gym bag over his shoulder and simple cup of steaming coffee in his hand. To him I would have looked nothing like the old Joske he knew. He continued to look at me curiously until I got close enough for him to see my eyes, those impossibly-bright piercing blue orbs that people swore could be seen at night, my one instant giveaway. He actually gave a start as he began to piece things together, a look that pulled a very quiet chuckle from my lips as I plopped my gym bag on a nearby exercise machine. I took two full steps towards him, rested my free arm against my hip, and took another sip of the coffee before deciding to break the ice before the heavy stuff arrived. I spoke cheerfully.

"Morning Captain."

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: "All,"

Shoulder roll, 1-2, and down.

"good. Just stopping in for a drink."

--------------------------------------

IC: ...

"Uh... good question. I actually kind of figured we'd be here longer."

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC, Nilyn: "Yes, there were cultures before the Koros... We know a bit about them, but not enough, so an archaeologist's job is never done. For example, before the Kumu Islets went boom, there was a large underground temple or complex that I and another Toa explored. However, there was... something else down there... it attacked us, and we almost died. I had been planning on taking a big team there to see what the deal was, but I never got the chance."

IC: Piratest Pirate the Never Did Pirate

Either his jaw was too injured for him to respond in kind, or he was far too angry to even begin to think of what words to use in reply.  Judging by the fact that his burning gaze fixed itself on the man before him, it was easy enough to guess which.  And so the Skakdi came at Lohkar again, the deck creaking under his weight as he closed the distance between them with two heavy steps, his jewel-encrusted sword glinting in the sunlight as he slashed at Lohkar's torso.

IC (Lohkar)

This time, the Lesterin parried the blow, stepping back a little to avoid the full brunt of the Skakdi's swipe.

"Really, mate, you're gonna have ta try some different moves. I'm gettin' bored here."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC, Nilyn: "Yes, there were cultures before the Koros... We know a bit about them, but not enough, so an archaeologist's job is never done. For example, before the Kumu Islets went boom, there was a large underground temple or complex that I and another Toa explored. However, there was... something else down there... it attacked us, and we almost died. I had been planning on taking a big team there to see what the deal was, but I never got the chance."

IC Mistral

"Eh... Were there any on the mainland?

IC, Nilyn: "Like the one that I had found in Kumu? No. If I remember correctly, there was another temple somewhere, but it's destroyed, and from descriptions of it, not like the one in the Islets. There may be others out there, somewhere."

IC Mistral

"Huh... Maybe in life-dawn of the Koros, they were remembered. Not now... How many others work with you?"