BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Korzaa

She shook her head. "You have just kidnapped me against my will and spirited me away to some unknown location. I will work with you because I have no other choice, but do not expect me to trust you." She stood up, grimacing as her muscles cramped painfully, every one sore from being so thoroughly electrocuted. He grabbed the edge of a crate to steady herself, and looked back at the Toa.

"I cannot give you information about Akiri Matoro's death unless you tell me who is paying you to get this information."

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC Girah: His darkness was cut by the comments of the Toa and the fellow Matoran. This little island had delt with worse before. Still.... "Very true, very true." The Matoran grinned impishly again. "The island is brimming with Toa, after all. I suppose my panic is more ofthe horror of the thing than the thing itself. I suppose I should explain."

Clearing his throat and taking a swig of alcohol, he turned around. "One night, I was out on an expedition at Mount Ihu. I was on this ridge quite a ways up the mountain, just a bit north of Kini-Nui. The stars are out, and it is a bit brisk, when all of the sudden, this stom blows in. Its starting to get thick and biting when I hear an avalance a little ways off. I panicked. I thought Mata-Nui was calling down judgement upon me. Complete whiteout, near total blackness of night, Budge is missing off ahead, right where I heard the avalanche, and I can't get off the mountain."

Girah seems more interested in telling the tale with the appropriate theatrics than teaching a lesson. He lived for stuff like this. At the mention of his name, the Burnak trots over and coils up next to Girah. "Then, this strange, guttural howl over the din of the storm. I have never heard Budge make a sound like that before of sinince, but it sounded like him. So there I am, wading as fast as I can through this snow, when I trip on something. Its jet black, protodermis, but it just looks like a piece of junk leaking blue hydralic fluid. I think nothing of it, after all, Budge is in trouble. I thought you were hurt, big guy."

Girah scratches the Burnak's head, and the rahi purrs acordingly. "I finally get to him by use of ear alone after almost twenty minutes, nearly running into him from the whiteout and, I might add, all disoriented. Now, I can figure out where I am just on gut alone most times, like any good Fa-Matoran, but my ability failed me. I have been blown out to sea so far that Ihu is unseen, and be able to get my way back by gut alone. I can navigate the Fau Swamp like the back of my hand. Heck, drop me anywhere on this island and I can get to any Koro in a day or three."

Girah's voice drops to a whisper. "But for some reason, I couldn't figure out what direction I was facing, let alone where the karz I was. Now to a Fa-Matoran, that is perhaps the most unnerving, terrifying feeling in the world. It was like being gutted. I couldn't move. It was almost like vertego. I got next to Budge, pulled him close like a security blanket, when he starts pawing at the snow."

OOC: I will let others get a word in edgewise before I continue.

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

OOC: My first post to the RPG! Woo!

IC: Mirin awoke suddenly to the sound of seabirds and waves.Slowly sitting up, she saw herself on a long stretch of fine black sand on what could be called a beautiful ocean front. She looked around her surroundings, memory in a fog. 

"Where am I?" She thought to herself. Her dark green eyes scanned the beach for any clue of what had happened to her, but all she saw was more sand. to her right, in the distance was a plume of smoke. "That'll be my best bet for answers, I suppose," She said aloud to herself. She picked herself up off the sandy beach, and noticed something glinting in the warm sun. She looked to see it, and found herself staring at a large Scythe, and next to it, a gleaming silver mask with a large fin. Mirin knelt and picked up the mask, feeling its metallic weight in her hand. It was strangely light,and on an instinct, she placed it on her face.

Memories flooded her mind, who she was, her power, and her.....her team. As the fog began to lift from her mind, Mirin snatched up her Scyth, and scanned the beach once more, looking for any signs of her brothers. In despair, she saw nothing. She looked once more to the plume of smoke in the distance, and made up her mind. 

"I'm going to find some answers," She spoke.

OOC: Mirin to TA-KORO

OOC: Mirin is totally open for interaction.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC:

"We will bounce back." The Ta-Toa agreed, nodding as he took a seat and ladled himself a bowl as well. "That said, I wish you could have seen us in better shape. The shop downstairs would normally be busy, and we'd direct you to the Lavapool for the night's entertainment. Rates were always surprisingly cheap there, all things considered."

"But, it can't be helped. You'll just have to come back one day."

"Preferably after someone's kicked a few spiney ***** halfway to Mata Nui and back."

"Saeva. Language." The younger Ta-Toa rolled her eyes, as her mother rubbed her temples in amused exasperation. "I swear to Mata Nui... Anyway, you're both welcome here."

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Sanguivox

I walk into the Ta-Koro town center. The bystanders gawk at me, being a Turaga and all, but I disregard them. On a wall, I place a simple note:

LOOKING FOR A TEAM TO SHARE AN ADVENTURE.

NEED ASSISTANCE FIGHTING AN ANCIENT EVIL. ANY SPECIES ACCEPTED ON QUEST.

MEET ME ON THE TREN KROM BREAK.

PREPARE YOURSELVES.

I leave the note here. A crowd of Toa, Matoran, and even Rahi surround the sign, wondering if I was serious.

BUT I WAS. DEAD SERIOUS.

OOC: If you've got the guts, ACCEPT THE CALL!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC MIRIN: As Mirin stepped through the gates of Ta-Koro, she marveled at the city sights. Inns, shops, and people stretched out in every direction. She hardly knew where to begin in her search for answers, but decided on the closest inn, hoping that someone could at least tell her where she was.

As she stepped inside, she called out, "Excuse me?"

OOC: Mirin would benefit greatly from interaction. please?

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC Sanguivox:

I look to a figure asking if I mean to scare him to death. I realize the sign probably was probably a little too dark, and I chuckle and say, "No, it's not meant to frighten you. But you can take up my offer if your looking for some action." I leave the figure to decide his fate.

Stumbling out of the city, I bump into a Toa asking for help in an inn. "Hello, young one!" I call out to the fazed Mirin. "Welcome to Ta-Koro, greatest koro in all of Mata Nui!" I pat the Toa on the back, realizing that I'm not as tall as I once was. "Don't try this inn, it's a rip-off. You're welcome to stay at my house tonight!"

OOC: That's you, Tiragath and UltimoScorp! BTW, Sanguivox is a Turaga, hence the short joke. 

Edited by Dallior08

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

OOC: Oh, man interaction is terrifying. Here goes.

"Hello, young one!" Mirin heard the aged voice call out behind her, and looked back from the apparently empty inn. "Welcome to Ta-Koro, greatest Koro in all of Mata Nui!" He said, and patted be on what she hoped had meant to be her back, but due to her height ended up being her hip. She spun around quickly to see a wizened Turaga before her. "Don't trust this inn, it's a rip off. You are welcome to stay at my home tonight." 

Mirin was taken aback, and then chuckled and gave a simple bow to the elder. "My thanks, Turaga, but I am simply looking for information."

OOC: Sorry bout the creeperishness.

IC Sanguivox:

"Oh well. I have something else to tell you, though." I sigh. I silently curse my awkward behavior. "Have you seen the sign in the courtyard asking of adventure? You're welcome to join in a little quest if you feel like it." I then remember what she said, and again curse my aging memory banks. "Oh, that's right. You wanted information. What is it you want to know?"

OOC: No biggy, I'm sure it was unintentional!

IC MIRIN: Mirin looked inquisitively at the wise one. "A quest sounds as good a place to start as any, though I'd prefer to know where I am, and...." She trailed off, thinking about the vague memories of the five others in her vision. "and also what has happened in this place, I am unfamiliar with everything here, and it seems quite...." She trailed off again as she took in her surroundings. "....Advanced."

IC: Ril

It was a shady bar in a shady side-street, amongst the shady members of society.

Not somewhere you'd expect a cop to visit.

But, Ril had grown up here. He'd been thrown out of the bar as a kid when he attempted to steal from them, but now he was a mostly legitimate member of society.

Mostly.

"Your beer is ," commented the Toa of Fire. "Just like your taste in music."

"Oi, Ril. Why the heck do you hang out 'ere with us folks anyway. Ain't you a 'gentleman' now?"

The aforementioned guardsman looked up from his glass of what appeared to be beer, his single orange-green eye conveying his surprise at being asked such a question. It should have been something expected, with him having joined up with the legal side of the tracks long ago, but nobody had ever broached the subject ... until now. And it was the bartender of all people. Ril remembered the old Steltian from his youth; many times he had been thrown out for stealing something (it was a miracle how he had yet to be barred entry forever, but he had never really been a big-name thief, unlike a certain acquaintance of his). But the point was, he had always thought the bartender barely cared about his status, yet now a question had been thrown his way, one that he actually didn't know how to answer.

"Nostalgia?" he offered with slight hesitant. "I dunno, your place's the only joint in the village where I can get my fill of ###### beer and music."

His insulting comments were rewarded with a smack to the head.

"Watch your mouth kid. Just because you're some high-and-mighty ... it's sarge yeah? Sarge - doesn't mean you can go badmouthing my business."

Ril rubbed the sore area where he'd been struck, shooting the bartender a glare.

"Was that necessary?"

"Was your ######-talking necessary?"

... He couldn't really respond properly, could he?

"Touché."

"Now you're speaking all hoity-toity! Stop throwing your upper-class talk at me. I'm a fine working class man!"

Maybe this was why he stayed. The Toa of Fire ignored the beginnings of another rant, gulping down more of his drink. Everything was horrible, but this seedy environment was somewhere he thrived in. It was hard dealing with the relative squeaky-cleanliness of the Guard sometimes, but here ... he'd grown up in these conditions.

It was , but it was his .

Edited by Purple God

Dozens of eyes trained themselves on Tecso, all belonging to members of Ta-koro's seedy underworld. There was quite the large variety, ranging from your run-of-the-mill gangsters to drug peddlers to mercenaries to "entertainers". How they managed to stay out of jail while attending the same bar as a guardsman would have been a cause of surprise for many, until they realised said guard was Ril. A former resident of the underworld himself, there was a slight ... camaraderie that he held with his fellow bar-goers, but even so it really boiled down to the fact that there wERE no real legal justifications for arrests, and the bigger names had already been cleared out long before the Toa of Fire had slept in the alley outside. It was a dying bar, really, one that no longer considered the major crime families as patrons.

"Why does Tesco have to turn up here?" muttered the sergeant, pinching the bridge of his nose. "How does he even find me?"

The bartender looked over at the doorway, before returning his attention to Ril. "Friend of yours? And Tesco as in the general store over on Kapura Street?"

"No and I have no idea," was the reply. "Just tell him that I'm not here."

An understanding nod. "Alright."

Then the Steltian looked back up. "Ayy Tesco, ain't it? We've got tonnes of juice 'ere. Come help ya-self. Also ya mate Ril's 'ere too!"

A frustrated groan.

"Why."

IC Brontes

"Bloody karz, are you trying to scare us to death?"

IC Girah: To this, the Matoran only smiled and chuckled. "So I look down, and Budge is pawing at this.... Thing. It's buried under the ice. Mata Nui, this thing looked like it clawed its way out of the blackest abyss imaginable to haunt the island. It looked like a Rahkshi, but.... Off. Really off. I could only make out the shilloette and the head, which was closest to the surface of the ice. It had horrible, scything spines, and its face was like nothing I had seen. It had gold and magenta limbs, but they were crooked, like something chewed it up. Its armor was jet black, like obsidian. And the face. Karz, the face still scares me. It was like someone had taken a Mask of Charisma, smashed it to pieces, molded it into something else, and welded it to this thing's face."

"And then something strange started to happen. The more and more I stare at this thing, the more and more I get this funny idea. It was like my head was on autopilot. This thing, why, it needed to be dug up. It needed help. I had to help it. That would make everything better. I had to help it, dig it up, help, dig, good, dig, dig. And so I started to scrape the ice off this thing, Budge digging it up right there next to me. He knew it would fix everything too. Yes, the blizzard was howling, making this howling noise, growing until it was thundersnow, but I didnt care. This thing needed my help. It would make everything better. I worried. It was missing a leg, and part of its shoulder was blown open like an exploded house. But leaving it buried wouldnt help. And I needed to help it. It made sense to help it. I needed to dig."

"And slowly, bit by bit as I unearthed it, like some half-frozen phantasm, it began to twitch, lurch a little, as it came to a sputtering, posessed, abominable...."

There was a pause, and the Matoran eyes his listeners in turn. Then, he whispered.

"Life."

• Upvote 1

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Vaisaga

Suddenly, an androgynous figure dropped from above, landing gracefully between Miya and the two gangsters. Vaisaga's golden eyes met those of the surprised Matoran, the Toa's stance a protective one.

"Go," he said, his stern, also-androgynous voice rising above the hustle and bustle of the nearby bar.