BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

######.

I hooked two fingers under the bottom of Skyra's Hau and threw her over my shoulder like a coat; Commander Daring squawked like a Gukko and waved her arms around, nearly slapping me about the face a couple times (and here I thought we were hitting it off THANKS SKYRA GLAD YOU TOTALLY REMEMBERED ALL THAT HEROISM FROM YESTERDAY) before settling down. Maybe she'd realized that I was carrying her and, as such, she had less work to do.

"Now, if you relax and be a good girl, I'll tell you the plan," I promised. "I don't trust Joske."

Skyra made an exaggerated O-shaped mouth.

"Not that I wouldn't bear his offspring if I found a loophole in the laws of nature, but I definitely don't trust him. He vamoosed after the fight yesterday, and who's seen him since? Out all night, out this morning...doesn't tell us where he went or what he saw...i swear, even if I did trust people anymore, Jos wouldn't make the list. Now, a list of the people I do trust at this point- me, myself, I. And Cipher. And...as gross as this is to say...you." Skyra beamed.

"I can't go to Cael and Tuara, they're still Joske's team and they'll do what Joske asks them to - or worse, they'll rope me into staying. Praggos might help, but he'd want to bring Utu, and I...can't have that right now. So we're going to Ga-Wahi. We're getting Cipher. And then we're getting some answers on what the frick is going on in the world - with Joske's help, or without it."

"But...cake, right?"

"...Yeah, I could go for some cake."

IC:

Angelus' eyes searched Joske for a long time, and the hint of a dry smile crossed his face while he wrote up a brief ledger.

"Legally, the bounty is Dorian's for the taking," he explained as he scribbled. "And as much as I hate the smug little Brakas, if I know him at all, he'll spend some of the money on Tuara. But with the Piraka attacking, and the Lavapool destroyed, Dorian's consulting agreement is technically null and void unless we can find him another Guard-sanctioned job. I could have had a secretary or something do it, but since you mentioned stiffing him...what do you think, partner? You've spent time with him. What kind of employment do you think would do him some good?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Dastan):

The air began to change radically as the Toa approached to Ta-Wahi. When the cable car landed, it took him a some time to get used to the heavy smoky local air.

OOC: Dastan is so open for interaction.

Edited by Dastan

"...A sword-waving somebody." - NatoGreavesy

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Miya

"I wanna come, I wanna come!!" The matoran latches one hand to the Skakdi and one to the girly toa from earlier, "gimme some money for lodgings!"

IC Brontes

The matoran Girah had left, off on another adventure I assumed.

"So, anybody paying for all this?"

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC Sanguivox

"Then it appears everyone agrees. Oh, and you are welcome to stay at my place, Miya. We shall leave at midday."

Noble and dramatic music plays in the background. The Skakdi begins to question where it comes from, but I shush him, since asking would break the fourth wall, and enjoy the epic moment.

Edited by Dallior08

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Sanguivox

I turn, as the Toa asked me if I led the village. "Oh no, of course not!" I chuckle. "Turaga Vakama does that. I'm just another Turaga. Besides, I wouldn't leave Ta-Koro on a dangerous quest if I led it, would I? Yeah, it's strange that I'm leading the quest, but who else was going to do it?"

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Brontes

Subtly, I leave without paying, tell the bartender that a skakdi wearing a purple poncho, (a regular I assure him) would pick up my tab. Amazingly, the bartender buys my lie, I had made the skakdi's appearance up on the spot. Who the karz would wear a purple poncho?

I walk back to the Guard HQ, the streets are less crowded at this time of day, so it is easy to retrace my path. Picking out landmarks I had noted earlier. I'm beginning to have a vague map of the town in my head. I enter the HQ, looking for the two I had spoken with earlier. Joining up with the guard might not be too bad... Sure as karz beats wondering around like a deadbeat.

...but close to it

IC: (Karaihe)

As the toa left without paying, Karaihe ran after him through the streets...

Catching up with Brontes, he said: "Hey! Brontes, was it? What's happening in ko - do you think the lesterin was right when she said an attack would be suicide?"

The skakdi noticed that they were heading towards the guard HQ...maybe he would get a chance to join up, like he'd been meaning to do since that bar brawl...

The truth was, Karaihe needed to fight someone soon - it was just in his nature.

Kathok

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

"Legally, the bounty is Dorian's for the taking," Angelus explained, scribbling as he did. "And as much as I hate the smug little Brakas, if I know him at all, he'll spend some of the money on Tuara. But with the Piraka attacking, and the Lavapool destroyed, Dorian's consulting agreement is technically null and void unless we can find him another Guard-sanctioned job. I could have had a secretary or something do it, but since you mentioned stiffing him...what do you think, partner? You've spent time with him. What kind of employment do you think would do him some good?"

I leaned back, hands laced behind my head as the old chair groaned quietly in protest. I studied the ceiling for a second, a debate raging in my head. To his credit Angelus seemed to sense this, giving me a quizzical look. I rolled my eyes.

"Do him some good? Because honestly I have a perfect solution, not only keeping him busy but also having him literally doing some old-fashioned hero good for once. But I would probably hate every minute of it."

He had gone back to write, but as I spoke those words he paused. But it wasn't the kind of pause of wheel turning, however, it was more like... my eyes shot wide with indignation as I leaped forward, slamming my palms on the table.

"Son of a rahkshi, this was trap, wasn't it?!"

"You suggested it."

"You mean I fell for it, you twit. You knew I would suggest he come temple diving with me."

He shrugged. "Just playing the cards right."

I fell back into my chair, arms crossed, fuming, while he smiled triumphantly. "Yeah, sticking with me might show him the other side of things, a hands-on lesson on being the good guy without removing the danger part of it. Not only that since we're now working together he would now be working for you as well, giving all the perks you're giving me, so still working for the Guard. I suppose this is why you're Captain?"

He gave me that wolfish grin. I sneered at him, snatching the ledger from his hands. "Well, glad to see that the side of Right has a Chess Master at the helm. Now if you don't mind I'm going to stalk off now, fuming as I go, trying to convince Dor to come with me. No promises though. If he says no, he's YOUR problem, not mine. I'll pick up my stuff after I figure out Ta-Kini, which should give you enough time to get the stuff uploaded and make copies of your files. I'll make sure to report what I find to you then as well."

I stood up, finally smiling. "Now that I got that out of my system... well played." I held out a fist. "Any last words brother before we start the counteroffensive?"

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC Sanguivox:

I lead Mirin, Miya, the Skakdi, and Viasaga to my house. "If anyone is in need of lodging, they can stay here for the night. Besides, this provides a more...private place to talk about our quest." I begin talking about our quest.

"We must go to the Mangai volcano. A strange evil awaits there. I discovered it on recent travels. It is too strong for a Turaga like me, but with a suitable team, we can defeat it. We shall leave once everyone is ready. Any questions?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OOC: If anyone else wants to join the quest, say that they read the sign in the courtyard. This adventure should be epic!

Edited by Dallior08

IC: Dakku (Ta-Koro, Magma Lounge)

After Girah finished his interesting, but strange story about a monster and an artifact (which I didn't belive to be true), I continued to drink my ale. Venemi asked me what our plans are. "Well, I want to visit some interesting places here. Like the Kolhii stadium, I've heard that it is much larger than the one in Ko-koro." I do like Kolhii, it's interesting to watch. I've never played it myself, though. I raised my mug and drank the last droplets of ale, and then turned to look at Venemi. "Why did you want to come here, by the way? You didn't really clarify that when we left Le-koro."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Sanguivox:

"I... am not exactly sure. It is an ancient one that has been recorded by the Great Beings, but it's name has been forgotten. It will be challenging...not as formidable as Makuta Teridax, mind you, but still evil. I hope this doesn't put you off, but the reward will be worth it."

IC Sanguivox:

"I... am not exactly sure. It is an ancient one that has been recorded by the Great Beings, but it's name has been forgotten. It will be challenging...not as formidable as Makuta Teridax, mind you, but still evil. I hope this doesn't put you off, but the reward will be worth it."

Makuta. The word sent shivers down Mirin's spine. Visions of darkness, caverns and other places she'd never seen flashed before her. It was a short time later she came to her senses. "What strange times these are, to have so much power in one word..." She thought. She looked up, and found that she'd unconsciously activated her mask, and was currently unseeable to all in the room.

IC: Sanguivox

When Mirin disappears, we are all very frightened. I call out her name, but to no avail. "Where the karz did that Toa go?!" the Skakdi asked. I hope she hadn't left, or worse, been taken by the unnamed evil in the Mangai.

OOC: pls no bunny

IC: "Ah, we can take it. And kid, I hate to break it to ya, but right now, I'm pre-tty sure that I'm flat broke." Teide groused irritably, wishing he'd not been in such a hurry and just tossed his entire pouch of earnings at the bartender--

"Hey, where'd she go? Got one of those... Hunas or whatever they're called?" he asked to the group, trying to recall it himself. ######, he was no good at masks at all.

-------------------------------------------------------

IC: "Looking for a job too, huh?" Jolek asked Brontes as he entered and got in line behind him. "After everything that's happened these past few weeks, looks like we're not the only ones." he said, leeeeeaaning out to the side to check that, yes, there were still six or seven people ahead of him.

"Since it looks like we'll be in the same batch..." he continued, turning back to the Toa of Lightning and extending a hand alongside a friendly grin. "May as well get to know eachother. Name's Jolek."

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

OOC: Deleted because of Mirin's reply. Please delete.

IC Sanguivox:

I realize that Mirin did in fact have a Great Huna as she reappears in front of us. "Thank Mata Nui. We thought we lost you. Anyways, let's get back to the issue of lodgings. Mirin, Teide, Miya, do you have lodging arrangements elsewhere? If not, you're welcome to stay here." I suggest helpfully. As I let them decide whether to bunk with me, I pull Mirin aside and whisper: "You said that you had a vision. What did you see?"

Edited by Dallior08

OOC: Oh. Oops

IC Sanguivox:

This isn't good. What she describes is exactly what we will see...what I saw... in the Mangai. If she sees this, now,... "It is of no matter." I lie to her. "We will try to decipher this another time, eh? Meanwhile, let's discuss where our group will bunk tonight,"

OOC:

Ok, the current plot of our quest is against forum rules (no ancient evils allowed). The quest will either now be a journey into the Mangai volcano to discover secrets about the Entropy Beetles destroying Le-Koro!!

Also, Mirin's vision is also against forum rules and thus never happened. Sorry for the edit, and thanks to Twelth Ghosthands to bringing this to our attention!

Edited by Dallior08

[Ta Koro, Public House]

Lucira payed for her food and beer, then headed back to guard headquarters.  She wasn’t relishing the idea of wrapping the disturbance earlier up, but it was still the most interesting thing that had happened to her in months.

IC: Natharius

Still being guarded, still waiting to be interogated, Natharius arrived at the conclusion that he'd been forgotten. He noticed a Toa flying out of the room and frowned at the bizarre sight, but said nothing.

“Good Evening,” she said to the black Skakdi in front of her.  He looked bored, but less the dangerous criminal kind of bored and more the exhausted day laborer.  It moderated his otherwise ominous coloration.

“Would you like something to drink?”

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.