BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Doesn't really make the action nice. In any case, I'm not gonna mull over it too much. I'm in no place to judge whether what you did was right or wrong."

Flay shrugged as she said it, before taking a glance around. They were still having this discussion in the middle of the street, but there were probably more apt places for more serious talks.

Speaking of which... she began in her thoughts, "Where are you two going now at this time of day?"

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:

"Partner of mine is in Ga-Koro. We were gonna go, pick him up. Do something secret mission-y." A memory of a giant, flaming slap shot through my head like a bullet. "...Wanna come?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: (Karaihe)

"Me too..." the skakdi interjected. "I only arrived on the island a few weeks ago..."

IC: (Venemi)

"Um...yes..." the lesterin added, as she realised that she may have spoken for Dakku. "What was happening in Ko when you left?" she asked Hile.

Kathok

IC: Dakku (Ta.koro, Magma Lounge)

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Hile the Chronicler", I said with a slight bow. He asked if we were going somewhere. "Yes, we are. I am a builder by trade, so I'm interested to see the famous local buildings, like the Kolhii stadium and Vakama's 'hut', which I hear has been renovated quite a bit after Jaller became the Akiri. I also want to visit the shrine of Toa Tahu."

I looked at Hile. He seemed weary. Perhaps the fall of Ko-koro has shocked him as well? "So, you said that you just arrived from Ko-koro?" I still doubted his story, but there was a chance that it was true. "What was the situation there?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Hile

(Ta-Koro, Magma Lounge):

"It was...", Hile started, then paused. He was known to be an enthusiastic storyteller, but now he was recalling the destruction of his home village... something he had never had to do before. Even the Rahkshi attacks long ago had been successfully repelled. This was different.

"It was pretty bad. There was barely anyone there though, so I guess most evacuated on time..."

He decided to change the topic. "So you're sight-seeing? I've seen all the places you mentioned before, but wouldn't mind seeing them again... that is, if it's alright me joining you guys? Just for a while? I really need to get my mind off what has happened..."

IC: Dakku (Ta-koro, Magma Lounge)

I was relieved to hear that most of the people were safe. I knew many of them, after all. And I had already seen some of them perish in the jungles of Le-Wahi. But I was saddened to hear that "it was pretty bad". He had trouble describing the situation there, and I'm actually thankful for that, because I do not want to hear the details about the destruction. All that time and work I used to build homes, utterly pointless..

Thankfully, Hile changed the subject, and said that he wanted to come along. "Sure, the more the merrier! Say, do you enjoy watching Kolhii?" I asked and started to walk towards the doorway. I hoped that Hile would be more enjoyable to talk with than Venemi.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Switching Venemi to first-person, for reasons unknown...

IC: (Venemi)

I roll my eyes when they're looking away; these two want to go sightseeing? Dakku needs to find somewhere to live before anything else...

Still, I might as well go to protect them.
"Right...lets go, I suppose..." On the way, I can look for a job...

Kathok

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

"Shoot straight, stay true, say hi to the girls," Angelus ordered, forgoing the fist and standing up to embrace his one-time teammate. "And bring everyone home again. I'll have one of the deadbeats outside see that you get a little bit of a Guard pension if you need some coinage in your pockets - if you need anything else, just let them know."

I embraced him back, taking a moment longer than usual. "Yes sah. I'll what I can do about Dorian, though I can pretty much promise you you'll have a full report on Ta-Kini on your desk by evening. Hopefully there will be something in there salvageable for you." I turned to leave.

"Oh, by the way... good luck. You're gonna need it."

"Me? What about you?"

"Ah, don't worry about me, brother. I make my own luck."

With that I tapped my mask, smiled, winked, and disappeared out of his office.

"Personal log: the counteroffensive has begun. As of today I managed to meet up with long-time friend Angelus, who also happens to be Captain of the Ta-Koro Guard. I divulged to him as much information and knowledge as I could without compromising the main objective... needless to say he knows. Knows enough to start organizing the people and the Koros for the storm that is coming. It's a small start, but now that I have shared most of the burden I feel significantly better, especially since it's someone I know I can trust explicitly... not to mention someone who knows how to use such information to the greatest advantage. If he can draw the attention of the forces of darkness on this island long enough I might be able to sneak past and complete my mission relatively unnoticed.

Still, easier said than done... especially considering I haven't been able to get in touch with most of my former teammates, let alone patch things up seeing how long I was away. I doubt I will successful unless I can restore Unity in my daily workings. First though I will tackle Ta-Kini seeing as I am here. Hopefully things go smoothly. Joske out."

I clicked off the iStone, stashing it away as I stepped out of the bathroom. Apparently the techs knew their stuff and it took less time than predicted to download the info Angelus promised me, giving me just enough time to scurry down the street to the forger's shop and pick up my personalized gear. By the time I got back they were done, reading me to the bathrooms where I could change and record my recent activity in private.

Speaking of change, I re-adjusted the strap yet one more time. It was strange wearing fabric armor even if it didn't look like it; the paint and shellac-like coating gave it a metallic look, and the cuts were fairly straight. The weight however was different, as well as how it was distributed, not to mention how it moved. Yet despite the strangeness of it the feeling was right, and it fact flowed better as I walked than any metallic armor I had worn to date. I felt lighter, faster, more nimble, yet just as protected as before. So far I was liking the change.

As I walked out of the Guard HQ for the final time I had to marvel at their efficiency. Not only the techs but the paper-pushers at their desks, even the the "deadbeats" as Angelus called them got me the proper authorization and even spending money in no time flat. Armed, armored, all geared up... I chuckled. This was probably the first time I was actually prepared for something in my life rather than winging it.

Me? Toa Joske Nimil... actually prepared? It was a scary thought.

The world was not ready for this.

Sucks to be the world.

Ah, the dry humor. It was back. I MUST be feeling better.

Now where was Dor... ?

Toa Joske

Chapter Two: Courage under Fire

You'd think finding a charasmatic high-profile merc coupled with an attractive Le-Toa warrior girlfriend who talks to much easy to find, but clearly either they were hiding or I still had issues with my new mask. They weren't home, and as I wandered the streets of Ta-Koro I wasn't having any more luck finding them either.

You know luck doesn't exist, I chastised myself silently, your eyes have been opened to that. To an extent chance does, but that's merely Destiny's way of tying things together...

I stopped, taking a second look at my own thoughts. If I couldn't find Dor, normally a very easy task, then that meant there must be a reason I couldn't find him. Which meant where I needed to be was right here...

I looked around, finding myself in the middle of the Ta-Koro marketplace. It was late morning, by now everybody was out and about, the bustling of shoppers and the calls of the merchants in full swing. Frowning I planted my hands on my hips, just taking in the scene.

Well, I guess I should wander. Either Dor will find me or I will find what I am apparently looking for-

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed something. Scarves. There was a stand selling... scarves? Ta-Koro was the warmest Koro on the map, why would anyone be selling cold-weather gear here? I mean who wears scarves in the middle of... oh yeah.

Dorian.

You know, his collection seemed to be getting a bit old and ratty. It would be a nice gesture... not to mention a way to start re-building the relationship after that terrible disaster in Le-Koro. I've made headway already, but honestly who doesn't like a good gift?

Something told me there were few people who were actually nice to Dor for no other reason than being nice.

Oh why the karz not.

I strode up to the stand, noticing the Le-Matoran hovering around it. As I began to pick through the selection of scarves I also noticed the seemingly odd collection of other tradeable items on the shelves: kaoris, pelts, sand tarakava bones, but there was also fruit, trapping supplies, and apparently a decent selection of other clothing attire. If this wasn't the oddest assortment of wares I'd ever seen...

"How much for the scarves?" I asked absentmindedly.

OOC: Kughii, that's you! :P

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: "Not really sure, besides the obvious. If the past couple of weeks are any indication, we're gonna have our hands pretty full, though."

--------------------------------

IC: "Uh... Thanks?" he said, thoroughly bewildered.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: "Well for starters, everyone's favorite get-together and hangout place, Lavapool Inn, got blown up in the recent attack by those six Piraka on the Koro. Ended up taking the Maru to get them out of here. Then there's everything going on with the rest of the island... It just seems like everything's ramping up lately."

Line check.

"Should be up after these two."

helo frens

Loren- Ta-koro- Jolek and Brontes

IC: "Ramping up is right." Came from a figure walking out of one of the inner offices. A smile that reached his eyes crossed his face when he saw Jolek. "Hey there kid. What are you doing in the Guard Headquarters?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ

IC: "Well you can be sure that we will be happy to have you. Probably won't even need to go through basic training."

The Toa of Sonics turned to look at the other two that were enlisting. The first one he recognized, the Skakdi was in a bar fight earlier. Probably wanted to join the Guard so he could get in more fights. Loren's lip twitched down slightly at the thought of another pugilist in the Guard.

The second one he had never seen before. The bronze Toa did not seem like a fighter, despite the fact that his armor bore the scratches of recent combat, possibly part of the reason he was joining the guard. Even so, he seemed dependable enough.

"The Guard is always happy to have new recruits. Especially ones with combat experience."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "I guess that depends on what basic training entails. I may wanna go through it anyway just to be on the safe side. Got time to give us a quick rundown...sir?" he asked, tacking the word on the end after a moment's contemplation. Better start that habit now.

helo frens

IC Brontes

Combat experience?

I recalled the icey streets of Ko-Koro. Last fight I had been in was against a couple of zombie cultists playing dead. Probably not applicable to this job. The standoff at the hospital couldn't have been called a fight.

"Thanks for the opportunity, my name is Brontes." I offer my hand to the Kualsi-wearing Toa, a De-Toa by the looks of him. "I was one of the people that brought in refugees from Ko-Koro yesterday. I do not recall if we met."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

OOC: Oops, I just missed a whole page of dialogue!

IC Sanguivox:

I do a facepalm as I see the mural, but congratulate Miya on her art. I peek around the corner and see a few sleeping mats spread out.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ

IC: "Basic training is mostly comprised of learning how to fight and work together with other Guards. You certainly have the combat skill, might need to go over the teamwork section though. No offense, its just that most people lack to know-how to properly coordinate and carry out a proper team attack."

Shaking Brontes' hand a look of recognition crossed Loren's face.

"Now I remember. You were the one asking to see Akiri Jaller."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: given that we haven't been told what it is yet......

IC MIRIN: It had been about an hour since Mirin had gone into the crystal waves. And she supposed the others would probably begin questioning her disappearance soon. She sighed, and somewhat reluctantly made her way back to the shore, and began walking to Turaga Sanguivox's home.

IC Yeri MacGukko

Down the smoldering streets of Ta Koro, the lanky Lesterin strode. Green and blue, his armor was bright and friendly, starkly contrasting the smoky reds and obsidian colors that surrounded him. 
The lesterin spun his stein before holstering it, then would pull it out and spin it again. 
He walked the city streets looking for a bar, looking for work

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: Skyra

"Wait Dorian...does that mean we have to share the cake?" I looked back at Flay, eyeing her over. Had to admit she was pretty hot. I weighed this fact over with the cake sharing.

"I suppose that's okay. You hear that Flay? You get cake! Be happy." 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"No chance of that." The Fe-Toa laughed loudly, shaking her head in amusement as she took a spoonful of her stew. "When she was younger, she took one of the Guard's civilian defense classes. From that day on, she considered it her duty to quell any trouble that reached our door. Not long after that she started looking for trouble to quell."

"This tale's ."

"We'd hoped she would join the Guard," Her father picked up the thread, ignoring his daughter's protest. "But that didn't pan out."

"It is not my fault that those don't consider my style efficient enough. The do they think's going to dissuade the scum of the world, a slap on the wrist? No, the s need a few broken ribs, maybe a nose, here and there, then they'll get the idea. And so what if my methods aren't 'efficient'?"

"Language."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Torana

Torana paused for a moment to reflect.

"I guess it's in our nature, don't you think?" She continued, "To fight - constantly, in whatever way we can."

She took a sip of the stew.

"Be it small-scale scuffling or large-scale warfare, that's pretty much the constant on Mata Nui, right?"

She thought about the Guard.

"It's kind of weird, thinking about how groups try to... organize... violence. Like, that's basically an oxymoron, I think. Organized violence. Hm."

IC:

"I apologize for Skyra. She's totally lost her mind." Unceremoniously, I dropped Skyra back onto her feet and opened up my arms placatingly, grinning easily at Flay. "C'mon. When did I ever steer you wrong?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Not really." He said, leaning back and boring holes into the ceiling with his gaze, as his arms rose to provide a headrest and his brain began to work, looking back through his life. "With proper training, it becomes something easier to understand, easier to work out the intricacies and nuances of. Therefore, it's easier to develop strategy. And at that point when you have a strategy, a plan, you have structure to what you do. You organize the priorities of the targets that need to be hit, the force behind the hits, the order in which they come. Stuff like that is how you organize violence. From then it's a matter of scaling up up. Instead of the plan being me using my finger to flick Saeva in the nose, it becomes me sending a small team of my boys to cause a ruckus near the front of her fortifications and get her attention. They know what to do. They know how to do it. They may not be thinking of why I'm sending them to do it, but they know there's a plan behind it all and it hinges on them doing their job. It hinges upon their trust in me as a commander. And if I'm worth anything, I've earned their trust through success."

He looked down at the assembled group. "Stuff along those lines are how it operates. Violence and chaos are not one and the same. One is disorder, one is inflicting harm upon another. Order and violence are not mutually exclusive, far from it. That's why techniques and strategies and years worth of tactical experimentation and innovation exist. Make a little more sense?"

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens