BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Haarnak (A random hospital in Ta-Koro)

Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3

Haarnak, randomly just floating out of the hospital, like you do, spotted a black Skakdi on the other side of the room, with a guard on each side. He whipped his head around to face him, and commented, 

"Whadadya do?" at the Skakdi.

OOC: That Skakdi's Natharius, Roman.  ;)

VBWj75sh.png

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ

IC: Loren hooked his thumb in the direction of the secretary who was staring at the trio with a slightly annoyed look on her face. The two people they had been waiting for were gone and the line behind them was building up.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Natharius.

Natharius looked up to see the flying Toa that he'd noticed before. "Got in a street fight." he answered.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"Well, it ended with someone nearly ripping someone else's heart out with their bare hands." Natharius said flatly.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

"That would be correct." Natharius confirmed.

IC: Huh, that was fast.

As Brontes got all the papers and whatnot required, Jolek strode up to the counter.

"Second verse, same as the first."

He got a flat glare for that. Come on, the rest of things had been taking forever, how were they supposed to know the two in front of them were suddenly in the express processing lane? Wasn't their fault.

"Thanks," he said, quickly gathering the forms up and swiping a pen from the nearby mug.

helo frens

IC-Rendo

After an Hour of spotting absolutely nothing in range of Ta-Koro, Rendo's Shift was over. He had been Looking forward to his break, and he happily climbed down from the Sentry post and into the Main Square of Ta-Koro.

OOC

This Personal Timeskip/Relocation is due to the fact that Rendo Isn't getting much Interaction. Hopefully He'll get more involved in the story now.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

"I'm waiting for a buddy of mine to get out of surgery," Natharius explained, "someone tried to rip his heart out."

"Nope. I'll stay here, for now."

OOC: Is there a canon Guard application? I just stole this one from the ussalry, figured it's close enough.

IC Brontes

I sat in a chair, the application was straight forward. A couple signatures for legal reasons, not responsible for injuries, deaths; testing for drugs and alcohol; etc, etc  

• Name: Brontes
  • Species: Toa
  • Element (If applicable): Electricity
  • Town of residence: N/A
  • Length of residence: N/A
  • Desired Position: Guardsmen
  • Reason for Application (circle the one(s) that apply/ies):
  • - In need of paying work
  • - Seeking citizenship
  • - Working off criminal sentence
  • - Other: ______________________________
  • Why the Ta-Koro Guard? (If applicable): Well run and orderly
  • Are you comfortable working at a desk?: Y
  • Do you require silence in your workplace?: N
  • Do you prefer physical or mental labor?: Mental

I had been worried my lack of citizenship could be an issue. The form seemed to imply I would qualify by joining. They provide housing?

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

OOC: Mind if I use the same thing...

IC: (Karaihe)

Bloody, bloody paperwork...

The huge Cy-Skakdi filled out the form:

• Name: Karaihe (ka-RYE-ha)
  • Species: Skakdi and proud
  • Element (If applicable): Diamond (crystal)
  • Town of residence: Ta
  • Length of residence: four weeks
  • Desired Position: guard
  • In need of paying work
  • - Seeking citizenship
  • - Other: to bloody fight something
  • Why the Ta-Koro Guard? (If applicable):OOh yes, Ta-Koro is the land of freedom and hope, a land where any bugger can be accepted into society  Pay
  • Are you comfortable working at a desk?: No
  • Do you require silence in your workplace?: I bloody well hope not
  • Do you prefer physical or mental labor?: Physical

Karaihe handed the form to the secretary when he was at the front of the queue. 

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: Haarnak (Ta-Koro hospital somewhere)

Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3

Haarnak raised an eyebrow, but didn't say anything. Shrugging, he continued floating out of the hospital with his Kadin. When outside, he shot off into the sky to the north, arcing through the dark grey clouds which seemed to be permanently above Ta-Koro, and heading to Ga-Wahi.

OOC: Haarnak to Ga-Wahi.

VBWj75sh.png

The lanky skakdi watched the strange Toa fly away, vanishing from sight. "I'm really starting to hate this place," he muttered.

With that, he resumed his wait for healers or questioners - whichever arrived first.

IC: "If I had to guess, primarily strength and conditioning with more emphasis on the latter; lots of running and climbing over stuff. Mimics what you'd have to do on the job, right? Everyone needs to be able to do at least such-and-such amounts of running around and stay at a certain standard of fitness. Same goes for things like hand-to-hand combat; the basics, enough to get everyone up to a certain degree of proficiency, but mastery of the craft is on your own time. That stuff takes years." he hazarded the guess, with no small amount of experience in the latter subject. "Likely some team exercises too, to help with the whole 'working together' aspect of being in the guard. That's probably where I myself'll need the most focus."

• Name: Jolek Highwind
  • Species: Toa
  • Element (If applicable): Magnetism
  • Town of residence: Ta-Koro
  • Length of residence: A little over a year
  • Desired Position: Guard (preferably whatever requires the most specialization in hand-to-hand and close quarters if applicable)
  • - (In need of paying work)
  • - Seeking citizenship
  • - Other: May as well put my skills to good use.
  • Why the Ta-Koro Guard? (If applicable): Pay, protection of homeland, keep myself sharp
  • Are you comfortable working in confined spaces?: Yes
  • Are you comfortable working at a desk?: No
  • Do you require silence in your workplace?: No
  • Do you prefer physical or mental labor?: Physical

Looks good enough to me.

He too made the journey back towards the desk to turn his form in.

helo frens

IC *snipped*

I looked around, finding myself in the middle of the Ta-Koro marketplace. It was late morning, by now everybody was out and about, the bustling of shoppers and the calls of the merchants in full swing. Frowning I planted my hands on my hips, just taking in the scene.

Well, I guess I should wander. Either Dor will find me or I will find what I am apparently looking for-

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed something. Scarves. There was a stand selling... scarves? Ta-Koro was the warmest Koro on the map, why would anyone be selling cold-weather gear here? I mean who wears scarves in the middle of... oh yeah.

Dorian.

You know, his collection seemed to be getting a bit old and ratty. It would be a nice gesture... not to mention a way to start re-building the relationship after that terrible disaster in Le-Koro. I've made headway already, but honestly who doesn't like a good gift?

Something told me there were few people who were actually nice to Dor for no other reason than being nice.

Oh why the karz not.

I strode up to the stand, noticing the Le-Matoran hovering around it. As I began to pick through the selection of scarves I also noticed the seemingly odd collection of other tradeable items on the shelves: kaoris, pelts, sand tarakava bones, but there was also fruit, trapping supplies, and apparently a decent selection of other clothing attire. If this wasn't the oddest assortment of wares I'd ever seen...

"How much for the scarves?" I asked absentmindedly.

OOC: Kughii, that's you! :P

IC: Kaia

Joske was in a menagerie of merchandise; a green canvas blocked the sky above, and a rough, brown rug covered the cobble below.  Little hoto bugs in glass jars decorated the canopy, adding buzzing light and comfy atmosphere.  The lip of the tent canvas jangled in the volcanic afternoon breeze, little bells ringing as the wind pushed them.  The majority of scarves were draped over a thick rope running between the cart and an outward tent pole, some decorated the rest of the stand in odd places.  In the back, near the kaoris and bones, was a giant snail shell easily the size of Kaia's head, all mottled purple and pink with dabbles of orange. Joske noticed a glum-looking ussal taking a nap in a corner, the top of its shell used as shelf space for odd little trinkets like flipping fusas and a wicker basket of radishes.   

"Depends on what you're purchase-eyeing," Kaia chirped as she hopped off a tiny stool made of salty driftwood and rusty hobnails, its wobbly legs rocking back and forth in the wake of her action.  Off-balance, it clattered over, sound of its fall dampened by the thick rug.    "You search-finding a specific type? Here's a nice-large selection of simple ones, there's a pair of infinity scarves there," Kaia gesticulated to the pile of scarf-like material near the jars of kaoris, before grabbing one dangling from the tent poles and holding it out between widespread arms. "And here, we find-see a Shaddix Scarf. Very special me heard, and all the rage with man-players.  Seems to have some metal fibers woven in, but wrap-bends like normal."  She demonstrated, tossing the scarf around her neck twice, and letting the extra dangle down her back.  Her kaori and flax braclet rattled, conjuring the memories of soft summer rain, moonlit nights in Ga-Koro, and fireside dance parties on the beach.  

Bedecked in Shaddix Apparel Limited, she appraised the toa before her with a quizzical eye.  Something about the armor he wore seemed off, not moving the way metal should.  He stood with the bearing of a heroic adventurer, a type Kaia often found herself inexplicably drawn into contact with; not because she actually wanted to have a dialogue about who got the loot from a rather harrowing delve into the dark reaches of the island when she'd done most of the actual work, but rather because they all had a common purpose: exploring cool places unseen for hundreds of years.  She gave the soon-to-be patented "buy my stuff because you know you want to" smile and held out a hand. 

"Me name's Kaia.  Welcome to Kaia's Exotics.  I find-hunt most the things you're seeing, trapping and spelunking for rarer items like the sand tarakava bones in the back.  You much of an island traveler?  You may have glimpse-caught a look of me before at different markets."

Edited by Kughii

IC: Dakku (Ta.koro, Kolhii Stadium)

The Ta-koro Kolhii stadium was an impressive construction, carved into a separate basalt island on the lake of lava, a long bridge leading to it. The stadium was much larger than the one at Ko-koro. It was empty, sadly, but I still admired the impressive arena. There were hundreds of seats carved into the volcanic rock, and the symbol of the Three Virtues displayed on the floor. The goals were round holes, built out of stone. Overall, it was an architectural masterpiece that must've taken ages to build. So far, I have been impressed by the buildings in this village. Maybe I should buy a house in Ta-koro instead of Le-koro, I pondered for a moment, before remembering how much cleaner the air was in Le-Wahi, and how beautiful Le-koroan music was. I will stay there, unless those beetles devour the entire place. If that happens, Ta-koro is the best alternative.

"Impressive. It's a shame´there is no game going on right now", I said to Hile and Venemi. "So, where shall we head next? I personally want to see Akiri's building. I have heard that it has been renovated since Vakama.. passed away."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: It begins!!!!

IC Mirin: As mirin finally made her way back to Turaga Sanguivox's hut, she felt a strong, warm breeze pass over her. Despite there being little water in Ta-Koro, she felt.... right. Breathing deeply, she opened the door, announcing her return to Sanguivox and the others. "I've returned, Turaga."

IC-Rendo

Rendo Walked up to Turaga Sanguivox's hut, having heard of the Quest offer going around. Whilst inside, he turned to The Turaga and said; "Evenin'!" (Assuming it was the evening)

OOC

And so, Rendo Joins the Quest!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Ic: Also rate.

Alsorate had had a knack for getting lost recently. He got lost in Le-Wahi, and had found his way back while stumbling through the jungle. He was making his way through the city when he heard something about the volcano and evil. Generally, he kept away from these things, especially considering what had happened today. But, his subconscious got the better of him. This may be the chance to prove himself to the other matoran and be accepted!

Slowly, he walked his way towards the Turaga's hut. When he got there, he stood outside for a while, thinking of what to do and say. Once he thought of what he was going to do, he entered in.

"Umh, hello!" He said sheepishly.

That wasn't what he had planned to do.

Ooc: Alsorate joins the expedition!

OOC: Timeskip...

IC: (Tarotrix)

It had been a little while since his meeting with Dorian, and Taro had turned in his report in full. Afterword, he started his routine all over again. Though at the moment, he was lounging in the Drunken Murderess, enjoying a ale and lunch with a couple of other guards. He was taking a sip, listening to one of the young investigators ramble on about a Turaga. 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Brontes

for you

Why had he whispered that? My first impression of Jolek led me to like him, but I worry he might be one of this "insane-on-the-inside" type of people. Unlike myself, I think of myself as the sanest person I know. Especially after my encounters in Ko-Koro and the Ta-Koro pubs.

Both his (future? present?) teammates had returned their applications to the secretary, "are we to wait here?"

IC Miya

Two more boys had entered the hut, it was getting cramped...

Miya continued to draw on the wall, finishing a mural of the Turaga who owned the place, Sagu-a-something-or-rather (she couldn't pronounce or remember his name...) baking a cake.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it