BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

[Ta Koro, Guard Interrogation Room]

Lucira returned with a glass bottle of water from the cooler in the main room and an ice pack.  She slid both across to the Skakdi.  He looked tired and in pain, which moderated his otherwise intimidating coloring.

“Sorry about the delay, we don’t have very many medics free right now.  Now, Natharius is it?  I’m going to ask you a few questions.”

She hoped her voice sounded firm and pleasant.

“While you’re not obligated to answer them, I think it will be easier for both of us if you do.  It sounds like you were in over your head, and if you answer truthfully I’m pretty sure that you’re not going to be rotting in prison for a year.  How does that sound?"

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Natharius.

"It sounds fine with me. I've got nothing to hide, and there's little point in lying." Natharius pressed the ice pack against the throbbing wound on his leg, letting the familiar cool of the ice wash the pain away.

He took a sip from the bottle, then folded his arms and looked across at his would-be interrogator. "Ask away."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter Two: Courage under Fire

I could not help but smile back. As were all Le-Matoran she was energetic and excitable, not to mention sociable and curious, making it easy to feel comfortable around her. Also, her tree-speak accent wasn't as pronounced as it could have been, making it relatively easy to understand her. I grasped her small hand and shook it firmly, enjoying a "normal" conversational exchange for once.

How long had it been since I had simply meandered through a Koro square browsing?

"Joske... Joske Nimil. And yes, I am an island-traveler... of sorts. I can't say I've ever seen you or your stand before, though after seeing what you have I'm kinda disappointed I haven't. This is pretty amazing stuff you got here... "

It would probably take a week for someone to fully comb through what she had here, my eyes unable to soak it all up fast enough. Placing my hand on my hips I took yet another look around, marveling at the mini miracle I saw before me.

"How do you manage so much stuff... ? Sorry, I'm getting sidetracked. Yes, that 'Shaddix Scarf'... and that plain white one. How much?"

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC Hile

(Ta-Koro, Vakama's hut):

"Renovated, yes, but not totally changed", Hile said. "Partly the hut now serves as a memorial for Vakama."

He led Dakku and Venemi away from the Kolhii stadium, to the hut that had once been Vakama's. There were stone carvings representing the late Turaga and words of his achievements.

IC: Visalk walked slow around ta-wahi wondering where he was. He had no idea how he got here either, maybe he could find a native to tell him his location.

IC: Lumira

"Hey! Hey!"

If the Toa decided to follow the sound of my voice (which he really should have, since it isn't everyday someone starts randomly addressing strangers [unless you're travelling with me, that is]), he'd have spotted little old me, all green armour and stylin' blazer, crouched on top of a nearby piece of rock, smiling at him and waving.

"You all right matey?" I called over to him, climbing down to ground level and moseying on over to him. "You look kind of lost?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

“Thank you.  Okay then, Mr. Natharius.  How did you come to Ta-Koro, and from where?”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC: Natharius

"I walked here," Natharius said, "I'd been wandering the island for quite a while before I decided to venture into one of the Koros. Ta-Koro just happened to be the closest."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Korzaa

Korzaa was surprised her words had swayed him. She did not truly expect to see her captor give her this information. It seemed as if he did trust her, as if his employer was on the side of Mata-Nui. And she had been all but convinced he was a mercenary or a downright Makuta Worshipper. Still, he could be lying, she thought, although she was running out of options. She couldn’t keep arguing with this Toa. It was time to put a little faith in her kidnapper and hope his plan was a good one. She had no other option. 

Solemnly, she spoke, “I swear to Mata-Nui, I will keep this secret, unless it is absolutely necessary not to for the good of my Koro.”

IC: Pae

Pae stared at Korzaa. He stared at her with hard discriminatory eyes, scanning for some semblance of a lie. It was likely that she was telling the truth, but what circumstance would she consider necessary to reveal this secret? He judged silently, staring until he realized how uncomfortable staring at Korzaa was likely making her, "Vera Polzin," he crouched down again getting and got close to Korzaa's face, "Wealthy, smart, and interested in saving people like you from people like Echelon," he got quietly intense, "Keep this to yourself or fear consequence."

He paused, "I'm going to move you soon and meet with my comrades to discuss the next move. But until then, tell me what you know."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Dakku (Ta-Koro, Vakama's "hut")

The home of the Akiri of Ta-koro was once again an impressive construction, which reminded me of a large temple. The gateway was large and angular. Inside was the famous Wall of History, engraved on the imposing walls of the expansive hall. I wondered if the fall of Ko-Koro had already been recorded, but I doubted that. Wishing that we would not be forgotten, I notified some Ta-Matoran nearby who was cleaning the wall. He said that he would notify the local Chroniclers. I remembered that Hile was a Chronicler as well, but I doubted that anyone would've allowed him to touch the Wall of History without permission.

We left the building after checking the memorial for Vakama. I was about to suggest that we would check Tahu's shrine next, but then I noticed some people entering a nearby small hut. "What is happening there?" I asked Hile and gestured towards it.

OoC: That's Sanguivox's hut, I want to join the "noob quest" :D

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Lucira frowned, making a note in her iStone.  She could ask if he had visited other Koros, but it might be better to check with the other village guards.

“And how did you encounter the individual known as Grokk?”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"He found me. I guess he recognised that I was new in town and decided to help me out." His expression turned sour, "or maybe he just wanted a fall guy he could rope into his scheme."

Lucira nodded.

“And for what reasons did you decide to go along with this ‘scheme’ of his?  That is, assuming you were dubious of his attentions from the start?  Were you?”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"No. Grokk told me we were playing a prank on a friend of his. It sounded like a bit of harmless fun." Natharius said flatly, "By the time Dorian started shooting at him, I'd figured out that I'd been misled. But by that point, I was too involved to just back out."

“And you were unaware of Grokk's crimes when you intervened on his behalf during the altercation?”

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"I didn't know who anyone was. I'd heard vague rumours about Joske, and a little something about the Turaga killings, but I've kept to myself for a long while now. To me, Grokk was just the first friendly being I'd met since arriving in this karz-heap of a city."

He abruptly remembered that his interrogator was a guard at the aforementioned karz-heap of a city. "No offence." he added hastily.

Lucira quirked an eyebrow.

“None taken.  There are quite a few people who would agree with you a week ago.”

The Ta-matoran continued to take notes, and Natharius was left in awkward silence for a few minutes.  Then she picked up her iStone and stood up.

“You’re free to leave as of now, but you’ll required to report back in a week or two.  I’d advise staying in the city.  I’ve recommended you be fined a small amount of money and be required to do a couple weeks of community service, but the final punishment is up to my superiors, not me.  I’d recommend you get that knee checked out at a local clinic.  There are several outside the main hospital here and they’re competent, though they don’t have sana users.  Good luck, and thank you for your cooperation.”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

"Ah... Thankyou," Natharius stood up with a wince, pain flaring through his injured leg. "But you may want to double that community service; I have no money." With that, he limped out of the building and exited out onto the busy Ta-Koro street.

OOC: Natharius open for interaction, at long last.

Lucira made a final note before walking out of the interrogation room and locking the door behind her.  She needed a bath.  A nice soak in some near scalding water would ease the stress away.

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Natharius barely managed to stay upright. His leg was absolutely killing him now, even with the ice pack he'd been given. "Oh no..." Natharius frowned, "...you're not another guard, are you?"

This guard clearly had no idea who Natharius was, which was absolutely fine with him. "Yeah, the clinic," he agreed, "I can make it on my own, but company is always welcome."

"So guardsman," Natharius said as they walked, "do you have a name?"

"Pleased to meet you," the Ko-skakdi said, genuinely impressed that both of the guards he'd met thus far today seemed like decent people. "I am Natharius."