BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

The Turaga looked at the mess of liquids and glass that was now on the floor for a moment, activating his Matatu and levitating the mess into the nearby trash can before walking out to the courtyard. 

"It's alright, there will be another day for beer." He reassured everyone. "In the meantime, anyone want a grapefruit? You can't be traveling into the Mangai without a healthy dose of citrus, you'll get scurvy!" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Natharius.

The skakdi sat down on a piece of rubble near what had once been the lavapool. He pulled his tools out of his pack and got to work repairing his damaged mechanical arm.

OOC: Natharius open for interaction.

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Tarotrix)

The Colonel gave a small grin at the scurvy remark, and took a grapefruit. It was remarkably fresh, he thought.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Mirin: After taking an exceptionally sour taste of the fruit offered to her, Mirin used a bit of elemental power to increase the water content of the fruit, mellowing the sharp sour notes considerably. It was refreshing, and although very tart, with a bit of sugar it would be quite a tasty treat, she thought. She swallowed the bit she'd eaten, then turned back to The Ta-Matoran guard, "You were saying, Detective?"

[Ta Koro, Saguivox’s Hut]

Lucira deftly peeled the grapefruit, a skill she had learned from her bartender cousin.  She surveyed the group thoughtfully as she nibbled on the fruit, but she didn’t say anything.  I might get my wish for being involved in something important now, she thought.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Dakku (Ta-Koro, outside Sanguivox's hut)

Hile seemed eager, and Venemi didn't seem to care much. This journey might been risky, I thought, but at least I would have something to tell to my children. And to Hakku, as well. She used to be an adventurer as well, so maybe this experience will help me to understand her better. "Um, we shall join you. Hile, Venemi and Dakku, at your service, I guess"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Sanguivox:

I eat the sour citrus with vigor, hoping enjoying healthy foods wasn't just something Turagas did, then spit it out disgustedly as I discover a strange taste.. I am approached by three people, and one in the front says: "Um, we shall join you. Hile, Venemi and Dakku, at your service, I guess." I pat the front one on the back and thank him. "I never doubted you would." I whisper to him, "By the way, the grapefruit is spiked with alcohol. Use that information as you will."

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: (Venemi)

"Speak for ya self." the Wasp replied to Dakku, munching on the citrus. Being lesterin, the alcohol didn't affect her much and she didn't notice it, although she found the grapefruit to be tasteless.

IC: (Karaihe)

The burly Cy-Skakdi turned to Loren, Brontes and Jolek, saying: "There. I've handed the bloody form in, now can I start?" 

Kathok

IC: Alsorate prodded the "grapefruit" with a finger, and then examined it.

It didn't look like anything he had seen Rahi eat before. He didn't know it's properties and the whatnot, and was unsure about what to do now with the fruit in his hand.

He took one small tender bite out of it, and immediately regretted it. He swallowed it and then coughed loudly. This was something he was beginning to regret.

Edited by alijar

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter Two: Courage under Fire

I should have seen that coming.

It was a strange turn of events: after years of getting swarmed by fans, friends, and foes alike, I was finding myself having to prove my own identity. I mean itt made sense after all the changes over the past two years, both physically and socially, but I honestly hadn't really thought about it until now. I could not help but grin at the prospect - one of the most famous people on the island suddenly a nobody because nobody recognized him. It almost made me giggle.

Almost.

I gazed around, looking for something that might help me with this endeavor. I began to (carefully) tear up the place, this smorgasbord of trinkets and strange wares, looking for the one thing that I could use to... aha!

From underneath a pile of blankets and fur pelts I pulled out an old staple of mine: a Kohlii ball. Truly an indispensable tool, without such an object it I would have been unable to unlock off the temples on my first go around the island... not to mention kill time during the slow spots. Standing up to my full height I gave her a wink and without fanfare dropped the ball.

*tap... tap... tappy tap tap tap*

With a flick of the ankle the ball hit my foot and bounced back up in the air, to which I caught it with my right knee. After balancing it there for a second I went to a hopping routine, bouncing the ball back and forth with precision between my kneecaps. With a sudden upwards motion I shot straight up, as it drifted back down I bounced it off my forehead, letting it drop again as I used my left foot to catch and release, this time the ball gracefully arcing over my left shoulder to behind my back. What should have been the end of the foot juggling routine instead became my second act as I bounced the ball off my heel as I kicked my foot towards my rear, the ball arcing over my other shoulder, then off the knee again...

The next minute was a flurry of fancy footwork, the ball bouncing between my knees, feet, over the shoulder, head, and otherwise demonstrating my superior feet-eye coordination, never once the ball hitting the ground or even looking like it was close to doing so. After that minute was up I gingerly caught it in my hand, and with the other I began to spin it, balancing the spinning sphere on one finger. Once it was moving fast enough I began to move it from hand to hand, finger to finger, under the arms and legs, and otherwise doing contortion tricks even as I kept it continuously balanced on a single finger. Eventually I came to the point where I was tilted sideways, ball held up in the air, to which I let it go, letting it roll down my arms and shoulders right into Kaia's awaiting arms. Slowly I bent down, grinning like a kid on his birthday.

"That, little one, was no mask power; that's pure skill, skill honed by years of play and experience. But if you need more proof... "

With that I reached into my bag, pulling out my old Kakama, the unmistakable gold mask with red streaks on it's edges. Along with that I also produced a fistful of documentation and paperwork that Angelus had given me not an hour earlier, my name and signature written all over it. With my eyes shining bright, not having that much fun showing off in years, I grinned at her triumphantly.

"You convinced or am I going to have to drag you out to Captain Angelus myself to validate all this?"

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC: (Tarotrix)

He'd luckily eaten only a small bite. "I've seen fruit spiked with far more potent intoxicants, to be honest."

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Drararius

Casually walks in on the conversation. 

"A grapefruit cannot be spiked, rather it spikes the one spiking it. This is a phenomenon called 'Uber Spikage'. It only applies to grapefruits."

Casually walks out of the conversation. 

OOC

How's that for a good first post, eh? 

bZpOwEr

IC Sanguivox:

I see someone step into the group to comment briefly on the spiked grapefruit, and follow him out. I call to him: "We are you going? Would you not like to join an epic quest?"

OOC: Hey, Irrie, welcome to the RPG!

And yes, Unnatural Stone, my Turaga's name is based off of my epic.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC:

My smile never wavering, I tapped the side of my Hau and said, "Try your worst, boyo."

---

IC:

Oh good, Mim was safe.

Oh goddammit good, Floria was safe as well.

"What about Yasurek? Zmija? Sandy McOne-Man-Comedy-Routine?"

---

IC:

A well-timed pillar of stone brought Rynekk up to level with the deck of the Fowadi.

"So, Kale," he said with a grin, jauntily stepping onto the ship. "Day saved yet?"

---

OOC: toa grimlock, you wouldn't know which building Visalk is being drawn towards, would you?

IC:

I shrugged and followed the Toa.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Sanguivox: I turn to the hot-headed fire Toa and respond, "Tharros, the quest is to venture into the Mangai Volcano and find some loot and adventure."

OOC: Twelfth, are we still waiting for more players, or what?

OOC: No, we're waiting for me to have time to post. :P

IC

"Alright, people!" Loraan finally managed to shout over the din of Sanguivox's rag-tag assortment of adventurers. She'd been trying to get them to quiet down for the last few minutes, but it seemed they were too preoccupied with alcoholic grapefruits and promises of 'loot' to listen. Now, however, the noise subsided as the various beings present turned their attention to the detective.

"Thank you."

Loraan rubbed her temples with one hand, trying to clear her head.

"There's been a series of disappearances over the last month or so," she explained grimly. "I was assigned to the case a couple of weeks back. At last count, 26 Ta-Koro citizens have gone missing. No connection between them: species, element, walk of life...all random. Except for one thing.

"We'd been tearing our masks off trying to find a link until a few days ago, when we had an eyewitness account of a figure (probably Matoran, going by the size) dragging a second towards the entrance to the Mangai tunnels. The following morning, another Matoran was reported missing. So, I did a little digging. Three of the missing beings were lava farmers, working the magma pools near the Mangai. A couple more were surfers. One, a Vortixx, was last seen heading towards the volcano to map a section of the tunnels.

"It's not much of a lead, but it's the best we've got: the Mangai. I was trying to get Jaller to send a taskforce into the tunnels, but then the Piraka hit, and with the Guard stretched thin..."

The detective shook her head, with a shrug and a rueful smirk.

"So that's where you people come in. If there's any truth behind your 'ancient evil' shebang, my guess is it's connected to these disappearances. So I suggest we work together."

She turned to Sanguivox.

"Turaga, did you say you've got some sort of tablet that told you about this 'evil'?"

OOC: Dallior, just have Sanguivox hand her the tablet, and I'll describe what's written on it. ;)

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png