BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Angelus' Office

"Komau," Pae said simply, and with a hint of disdain. It was a clear indicator of rising powers unknown to the rest of the island, "Not Onewa's. I had a close look at the group before getting Korzaa out."

IC: (Kino)

"A Komau...those kind of masks are so few and far between, they're certifiable rarities and for good reason. A mask of mind control in the hands of Echelon would make a mission all the more difficult. What else can you tell us about their force, recognizable features of Echelon's group. I'll see if I can go pull up some records based on the descriptions I've gotten so far, but we'll need a little more info before I can do that," I chimed in.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Vakua leaned slightly to Casanuva. What are britches?

"I think they're like a combined fabric version of greaves and a codpiece. Maybe."

A flash of anger rippled across Kalyss's mask, and she let off a few sparks before composing herself.

I know what you are thinking, and if there were a reason to melt a hole in the wall, I do not think proving a point is one of them.

I'm not going to give him the satisfaction. I'm also not going to let him think he has any control over us. Be aware of him trying to contact these guards he's bragging about. Silence the room if you have to, I'd rather escape the Koro with the three of us then spend any time locked up.

That is awfully cold of you, sister.

It's called priorities, and contingency.

As she ended the mental conversation, Kalyss took a deep breath. "Look, even before we heard about this attack going down, we were going to Ko-Koro anyway. In the Kalta's training, we were told to head to the nearest major settlement in case we were separated. The three of us have been through all five but Ko-Koro. Besides, we aren't some some random people grabbed off the street-"

"Well, they are," Casanuva interjected, pointing to the others in the room. The Fa-Toa coughed. "No offense."

Kalyss shot a quick glare at Casanuva. "Anyway, we have training, and we have assets. Assets that can prove quite useful in finding information."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"You are unproven. You are untested. Neither I nor my officers have any knowledge of you." The Ta-Matoran began listing, continuing to tap his fingers against the desk. "You make reference to your training, but of it I know little. Most importantly, you do not know the village. Infiltration of Ko-Koro is difficult to begin with. Without an operational knowledge of the village, you place yourself- and others- at risk."

His tone softened, if only slightly, as he looked at Mirra and Wisp. "I understand your desire to help. And I'm aware of the threats. I'm preparing for them, even as we speak. I don't intend to let what happened to Ko-Koro happen to my people, nor do I intend to let it go unchallenged."

"But permitting unknown variables to simply go on their way, perhaps endangering others, is not something I can permit. I can offer you a chance to enter later, after I have been convinced that there will be no issue. But you will not 
go before then."

IC:

"Natharius. Right." The secretary dug out a file, and handed it to him. "Take the hallway to your left, go down until you see an office labeled 'Commissioner'. Tell him I sent you."

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

"I..." Mirra tried to think of a response, but she had nothing, "...you're right." she finally conceded. 

"Do the smart thing, guys," Wisp said to the others, his voice pleading, "you don't want to off the Akiri in his own office." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Casanuva nodded in affirmation. "I do admit, this is a very spacious office. Hate to get thrown out of it."

"That's right! You don't know us! Nobody will know to look out for us! If you want us tested, then do it!"

Vakua cut in, whistling loudly. Kalyss gave him a look, but nodded, allowing him to proceed. He extended his telepathy to the Akiri. You will find that our lack of knowledge of the Koro is something that is easily solved. Whether someone breaks out security plans or not. Please do not be alarmed, I have not pried into your thoughts, at least not more than is necessary to facilitate communication.

• Upvote 1

IC:

"Kindly get out of my head."

The statement was polite, but there was no mistaking the command inherent, nor the undercurrent of steel in his voice. Jaller's index finger hovered over the desk, eyes fixed firmly on the De-Toa across from him. They shifted to Kalyss in an instant, leveling an unfazed gaze at the Toa of Plasma. "You are within my domain, Toa. You do not have the authority, by any definition of the term, to order me to do anything. I have explained to you, quite politely, my position and I have made my offer."

"You, in contrast, have done little but walk into my office- into a meeting, I might add, that you were fortunate to get- and act as though you own the whole island."

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Then kindly stop tapping your fingers like that. It feels like I am sitting at the front row of a drumline.

Casanuva cleared his throat and stepped forward. "My sister might have overstepped what authority she has, but you still misspeak. We just revealed our biggest ace in the hole to a stranger, and if you made us an offer, I didn't hear it over your threats of incarceration. Unless your offer was to not let us leave your Koro at all?"

IC: (Kino)

"What else can you tell us about their force, recognizable features of Echelon's group. I'll see if I can go pull up some records based on the descriptions I've gotten so far, but we'll need a little more info before I can do that," I chimed in.

IC: Korzaa

The Captain looked to Pae, awaiting a response from him. She had only managed to get a cursory glance and a few vague reports of the assailants. Pae was the one who had been working with them, so she figured it was his place to describe his former comrades.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Wisp.

"I'm pretty sure he said you guys would be allowed to help out when the time came," Wisp pointed out, "I'm no De-Toa, but even I heard that part." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Your comrade is correct, once again." The Akiri said, continuing to tap his fingers, albeit more softly. "Nor did I threaten incarceration, as you seem to think. If that's what you force it to, I will. It is not, however, my first option. I would much prefer that you cooperate."

"But as you seem to have forced it to, that is the ultimatum. I cannot permit you to run off half-cocked. So you can either choose to work with me, and operate on my schedule, or you can cool your heels in some secured accommodations."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Septima - Ta-Koro (Guard HQ)

The Fe-Toa let out a sigh of relief as she followed the secretary's directions and walked on ahead of Natharius, knowing that she was one step closer to getting the Karz out of there. 

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Natharius - Guard HQ. 

The Ko-Skakdi followed Septima, bristling at having to go through all of this. He just wanted to get out of this karzdamned city already. He reached the door he'd been directed to and knocked loudly before pushing it open, "Hello? The name's Natharius. The secretary sent me." 

IC: Vesun (Akiri's office)

Vesun stepped forward, placing himself between the Akiri and the Toa Kalta and his other allies. He cleared his throat loudly to attract attention, then spoke. His tone was surprisingly quiet and calm compared to the heated debate he was interrupting.

"Why are we arguing?" Vesun asked. He looked at both sides for a moment, then turned towards the Kalta. "This 'Akiri' has pointed out a severe flaw in the plan. Several, in fact. We all want to help Ko-Koro, but as he points out, charging in blind will do nothing but worsen the situation. Now, if he has true military resources, and the experience he seems to, we could set up a very thorough plan. Our action has to be effective as well as quick, and I am sure he is as aware of that as we are. If we have the chance for an alliance, we should not discard it so hastily."

Vesun turned around slowly, to face Jaller. "Nor are you blameless," he said to the Akiri. "I am aware of your position, but this is clearly a time of dire need. You have been approached by six Toa offering their help. However strong your military, it is an asset you cannot afford to turn away. We may seem naive to you, but we do not lack for enthusiasm, and, tempers aside, we certainly did not deserve the welcome we received. If there is this much discord among the powers of good, it is no surprise evil forces have achieved their powerful position. There is no reason we cannot work together."

"Now, let me make myself clear. I will be heading towards Ko-Koro, sooner or later. With a plan. And in a team, if not an army." He glanced at the Kalta. "But it matters much less to me with whom I go," he explained, then turned to the Akiri. "Or on whose behalf. Now, shall we stand, together? Or fall, apart?"

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

"Kohra was there," Pae said flatly, "The same vortixx Echelon broke out of your prisons not long ago. There were five others I did not recognize. A toa of iron, a mute toa, a lesterin, a sniper skakdi, and a kaiakan. Many seemed to have strange powers or new technology."

Pae waited a moment and looked directly to Kino, "The iron toa wore a black cloak, mask of repulsion. The mute was a toa of magnetism, looked Arthron although he wore a cloth over his mouth. The lesterin was covered head to toe in flowers and beads or skulls and was the only one of the group with light colours on her; Kanohi Sana. The skakdi was covered in weapons. The kaiakan was dark and carried with him a large axe. I have not heard of these beings before, but they took the sanctum guard with great efficiency and clear planning," He paused, "I could write down more."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro)

"Yeah, let's" I replied where I was jogging behind her. Looking around for a place that looked like it might have what Plagia so sorely desired at the moment.

I still wasn't sure what I was doing, but it probably wasn't smart to leave her alone at this time.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The Magma Lounge wasn't exactly my top pick for an establishment; sure the fries were good and there weren't really a lot of places in the village to shoot a game of pool in and admittedly okay yeah the way the floor looked as though it was made of gently flowing magma was pretty sweet, but ... it was definitively for a different crowd than me. It was designed for a hipper crowd, a younger (emotionally) crowd. The Wolf's Head, the Drunken Murderess: those were more my street.

Hey Plag, don't forget the Lavapool.

But they were too far away for me, and the Lounge was right here, so there we were suddenly sitting in front of the bar.

"Whiskey," I said, slumping over the counter, "don't care how it is."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Helios (Magma Lounge)

"Me too" I said.

Oh I wasn't actually going to start drinking right there, but I figured maybe if I too had a drink in my hand... I dunno something about making Plagia feel more comfortable, maybe?

Finding a topic of conversation to take her mind further off things proved a much bigger challenge.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "Oh." Jolek replied, the unspoken question in his head being answered as well. "Sounds fun."

Not altogether said in jest, but yeah, mostly. Big and strong's always problematic.

Anyways, it was back to shutting up and looking pretty and trying to absorb information. Really, he was way out of his depth here.

Angel brah you need some perspective I'm tryin' my best here

But he said nothing and showed nothing. If Angel needed him here, then he needed him here. That was that.

helo frens

IC:

...for you.

"You say they worked efficiently together," Angelus said, silently trying to gauge what he could off the big Toa of Iron. "So they can work together as a team. Okay. How well were they armed? What were their power sets? Were there any traces of Antidermis?"

There was more than one odd look in the room at that.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

"The skakdis irregular zamor, Echelon's new mask, Kohra's powers are back, the iron toa's Crast, and the lesterin controlled swarms of insects. The mute had no powers or weapons that were strange, like the kaiakan; not that I saw," he paused, "Each member was well armed. The skakdi had a sniper and many knives, Kohra wielded explosives, the iron toa held a great shield and blade, the lesterin had a few knives, while the kaiakan held an axe and sword, and the mute had two short metal staffs."

Pae looked to Angelus again, "What is antidermis?"

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Helios (Magma Lounge)

"Me too" I said.

Oh I wasn't actually going to start drinking right there, but I figured maybe if I too had a drink in my hand... I dunno something about making Plagia feel more comfortable, maybe?

Finding a topic of conversation to take her mind further off things proved a much bigger challenge.

IC: Kaeren (Magma Lounge)

"Me three," Kaeren said suddenly at the bar. He didn't know the other two, but he knew he wanted a drink. In fact it was a bit obvious he'd had enough already. After sitting in the bar with Natharius, Kaeren had stayed there for a few before seeking out a better establishment when Natharius had left on his journey.

Which brought the Ta-Toa to the Magma Lounge. He had never actually been in here before, but he'd decided it wasn't bad. He'd ordered one drink while mulling over how he would get to the root of Grokk's murder and the apparent display of corruption within the Ta-Koro Guard that he was apart of. He'd said they'd paid him for killing him... What kind of police force paid someone currency for killing anyone? No matter how evil or twisted they were? A bad one...

It was like a slap to the face. The organization Kaeren's older brother had fought for, no died for had truly come to the light. Kaeren's one drink had turned into many and now he was pretty far-gone.

"Make it a double." he slurred, his breath heavy with the stench.

IC: Savok and Moku

As Moku and Savok walked along the path to Ta-Koro, Savok noticed a shining piece of metal in the ground.

"Huh, wonder what it is."

He swung his battleaxe at it, though it did nothing but make the axe reverberate.  As it hummed in his hand, he lost his grip on it as it fell down into the lava river.

"Oh no..."

Moku noticed the event, saying to Savok, "I'm sorry about that.  Guess it's my bad luck that got you to lose that battleaxe."

"It's alright.  Now, let's just see what this metal object is.  And since I don't have a weapon..."

Savok headbutted the mask, which shook off some of the dirt.  It appeared to be a Kanohi mask of sensory aptitude, with it's distinctive lines running off it's eyeholes.

"A mask?  What kind is it?"

"It's a mask of sensory aptitude.  Something a clumsy guy like me needs."

He began to dust it off crazily as he pulled it from the ground.  He took off his Kakama and took a look at it.  It developed a large crack from where he headbutted it.

"Well, this is scrap metal now."  Savok said as he tossed his now broken Kakama away.  He put on the mask and started to activate it's power as he jumped around.

"Wow, I can see really clearly with this thing!  And I'm not falling over!"

Moku stood in awe as Savok tried out his new Kanohi.  "Awesome!"

Savok started to slow down as he deactivated his Kanohi, unfortunately resulting in him falling over in a display of clumsiness.

"Guess you might want to keep that Kanohi, huh?" Moku said in a playful manner.

"Yeah, I just might." Savok said as the two began walking back to Moku's house, which was only a couple hundred feet away.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

IC: Vesun (Akiri's office)

Vesun stepped forward, placing himself between the Akiri and the Toa Kalta and his other allies. He cleared his throat loudly to attract attention, then spoke. His tone was surprisingly quiet and calm compared to the heated debate he was interrupting.

"Why are we arguing?" Vesun asked. He looked at both sides for a moment, then turned towards the Kalta. "This 'Akiri' has pointed out a severe flaw in the plan. Several, in fact. We all want to help Ko-Koro, but as he points out, charging in blind will do nothing but worsen the situation. Now, if he has true military resources, and the experience he seems to, we could set up a very thorough plan. Our action has to be effective as well as quick, and I am sure he is as aware of that as we are. If we have the chance for an alliance, we should not discard it so hastily."

Vesun turned around slowly, to face Jaller. "Nor are you blameless," he said to the Akiri. "I am aware of your position, but this is clearly a time of dire need. You have been approached by six Toa offering their help. However strong your military, it is an asset you cannot afford to turn away. We may seem naive to you, but we do not lack for enthusiasm, and, tempers aside, we certainly did not deserve the welcome we received. If there is this much discord among the powers of good, it is no surprise evil forces have achieved their powerful position. There is no reason we cannot work together."

"Now, let me make myself clear. I will be heading towards Ko-Koro, sooner or later. With a plan. And in a team, if not an army." He glanced at the Kalta. "But it matters much less to me with whom I go," he explained, then turned to the Akiri. "Or on whose behalf. Now, shall we stand, together? Or fall, apart?"

IC: Well, he's certainly more diplomatic than our last Ba-Toa.

Kalyss sighed. "Vesun's right. We just want to help before more people suffer. And the possibility that the rest of our team might be there might not be helping matters."

Casanuva shrugged. "Aelied always said allies are more important than procedure. And I'm pretty sure we can all get what we want here."

IC: Wisp & Mirra.

Not getting us arrested is all I want right now... Wisp thought bitterly, while Mirra just looked to the Akiri, waiting to see how he'd respond.

IC:

"Young man, I applaud your diplomacy, but you have some severe misunderstandings of how this island works." Jaller said to Vesun patiently, lacing his fingers together. "First and foremost the idea that six Toa, with the exception of the Toa Maru, is an inherently potent resource. I have easily over a hundred Toa in my Guard. More help is always appreciated, but you should be aware of the true forces arrayed on this island. Nor are you learn enough to speak of discord. Ko-Koro stood a hundred years against the Lord of Shadows, in a time when our island was less united than it is now."

"Nor should you be overly critical of your reception. Given the behavior of your Plasma friend, you should think yourself lucky that your welcome remained as warm as it did." His eyes glanced back to Kalyss, arching a few degrees. "I mean no offense, miss, but those sparks were hardly subtle."

"Now. It seems you're all a little more amenable to actually discussing this, so let's get to the productive portions of this meeting. Who are the two missing members of your party? If you give a description, I can provide notice to my Guards to be watchful for them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kalyss looked flustered. "Sorry about the, um, accidental discharge."

Casanuva, however much he relished Kalyss being knocked down a peg, stepped forward. "The two we haven't met up with are Aelied and Zueya. Aelied is our leader. He's a really old Bo-Toa. Dark green, with a Kualsi. His most defining characteristic is that the entire surface of his armor, including his mask, is covered in etchings. Kinda weird, now that I think about it, but whatever fashion he follows is well before my time. Other is Zueya. Vo-Toa, unusually short. Normal blue-and-white, with a Calix. Aelied was the one who presided over our training, and Zueya was the only one of us who didn't finish. Hadn't even mastered her mask power. Both carry staves; Aelied has a green wooden one, Zueya has a metal extendible one that I designed to channel her lightning. Vakua can also provide mental images, if necessary."

Behind him, the De-Toa shuffled his feet. What about Skorm? He should know.

Kalyss nodded. "There's one more. Skorm, a big Ba-Toa. We ran into him back in Ga-Koro, before we even knew about Ko-Koro falling. Something had happened to him... twisted his mind. He was never the friendliest toa, but he had been... poisoned, I guess. He tried to kill us, and several bystanders. We believe he killed a Ga-Koro Marine at some point when he was in the city, and we know he heavily wounded another. He has black and purple armor, with a grey cloak and a Kanohi Huna."

OOC: Skorm might have been reported to the Guard by Denrika the last time he was in the Koro...

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC: Vesun

Vesun bowed his head to the Akiri. "I meant no offense, and I have no illusions of knowing this island well. In any case, I am glad we have come to better terms now."

"Most important would be intelligence. We know rather little of the details in Ko-Koro. Do you have any spies or similar sources of information? Have you already formed a plan of retaliation?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC: (Mura/Jaller's Office)

Mura had thought they had said six of them and their leader, but he must have got that wrong...

He wanted to say something, but he wasn't sure what. He just stood there uncomfortably.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC:

The Akiri scribbled a few notes with his right hand, not bothering to look at the paper as he did. They were quick, mostly a handful of words to help him remember details, but his penstrokes were as careful as they were quick. At the mention of Skorm, however, he paused for a moment. "This Skorm... I'll have to have one of my men take a look through our records, but I believe a report mentioning a being of that description crossed my desk. Nevertheless if he has killed in Ga-Koro he is my enemy as well. I'll have a notice put up on our wanted board."

"In answer to your question, young man," Jaller began, looking back to Vesun. "I have knowledge of what Ko-Koro was like before the attack, and knowledge is steadily trickling in from refugees about the attack itself. As well as what followed it."

The Ta-Matoran paused, his face darkening. "Legacy forces overwhelmed the Sanctum Guard. Our reports are scattered, but it seems the Necromancer led a strike force into the village undetected and commenced an assault from the inside while the bulk of their forces attacked the gates. Their victory was assured inside of three hours, save for a defense force holding the hospital until it was evacuated. The next day was spent consolidating their control."

"They held onto their hostages, at least one from every village, and permitted those that wished to leave to go. They weren't that nice, of course. The s opened fire with artillery-grade Patero while they tried to run."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Natharius - Guard HQ. 

The Ko-Skakdi followed Septima, bristling at having to go through all of this. He just wanted to get out of this karzdamned city already. He reached the door he'd been directed to and knocked loudly before pushing it open, "Hello? The name's Natharius. The secretary sent me." 

IC: Natharius - Ta-Koro Guard HQ.

Realising that he perhaps hadn't been heard, the Ko-Skakdi repeated his introduction. 

IC: Casanuva frowned. "If that's true, he probably was following me."

A troubling notion. We should not dwell on it currently, however.

Kalyss didn't like this train of thought. She tried to deflect it. "Okay, ruthless psychopaths have taken an entire city-fortress, and are hiding behind hostages to stave off any attempts at reprisal. A rescue mission is currently not feasible due to lack of clear intelligence. Their forces seem to be growing, as more join the cause. More to the point, is there anything we can do right now? As the highest-ranking member of my team, I am prepared to offer the Kalta's services as auxiliaries, at least until you can discuss matters with Aelied directly. I of course can't speak for everyone here." She gestured to the other four in the office. "Wisp, Mirra, and Mura are of course inclined to listen to you, and Vesun even less affiliation than us."

IC: Mirra.

"Wisp and I are happy to help any way we can. With Ko fallen, who knows which Koro they'll attack next? I'd rather not give them the chance to try attacking here."