BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Not-so-tall, dark, and spooky, I don't think anyone asked." The Toa of Plant Life glanced at the dark Toa, an eyebrow raised in skepticism. An unfortunate target for her ire. "They took over Ko-Koro days ago. We're long past the threshold where fifteen, Karz even twenty, minutes means anything. The status quo shift is long gone. Anyone who was in immediate danger is dead or safe."

"You want to get going right this instant, feel free."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Taleen

"We need to come up with a plan that ensures the swift death of our enemies." Taleen put in, trying to be helpful. Tensions seemed to be rising so she figured she'd try to defuse them by talking about how they would kill. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

A fry crunched loudly, dissonant inside the peaceful throes of the Captain's mind.

-Tyler

IC: (Kino)

I chewed slowly on my own bacon burger. I had kinda put a lot on Angelus' platter. So I understood if he still needed a time to recover. Though now I was regretting blurting it all out. I ###### up. I lied, but what was I suppose to do, let everyone know I had ####### up a lot of peoples' lives. Tell them I was sorry, truly for all the mistakes I made that had cost people their's. Yeah, that clean up things, right? I didn't know if I should speak, if Angel wanted to talk, considering how much food he bought, didn't seem likely. Not right now, I had unfairly put a lot on his shoulders, and now we were waiting for Jolek to return. I sipped my Bula Berry juice, trying to figure out what would be the right thing to say now, and the truth was, nothing seemed right.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Naohi

"oh i'm sorry do yoU WANT SOME PRIVACY?"

IC:Axardis-Ta-Wahi Beach

"H-Hello?!? Are you from around here?!?"

IC:

My voice was getting sore from shouting, so I swam over closer to shore until I could stand on the ground.

"All right mates, we can stop shouting now. What were y'all saying, again?"

IC:

Fifteen widgets passed wordlessly between hands.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC ( Mariko):

Subtle amusement played across the dark Toa's features looking at the Toa of plantlife. "Indeed, nobody asked. But thanks for driving my point home by going off on me instead of channeling your anger into something more productive."

He then nodded towards Taleen. "Anyway, I have no interest in arguing and she's right, we need a plan. Or multiple: to approach the village without getting detected early, get in the village and then take out as many of them as possible."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: "Guess I'll help too." Kellin concluded, after taking stock of the current situation. "Better stick with Brontes here in case there are any gaps in my story. Things got hectic back there, so, y'know." 

Always keeping the air of a light heart about him, Kellin stuck to his word, staunchly taking a hold on the handle of the next cart.

IC Brontes

I bent down to help the others with the cart, I had little to no knowledge of the hospital's layout, so my assistance was relegated to following the skakdi's lead.

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

The three made their way to a ramp leading down into the hospital's depths.  ("Nobody likes a morgue up by the patients.  It's bad for morale.")  As they came around a corner and headed towards her office, she glanced over the bodies on her cart, her eyes flashing as she did.  Some truly unfortunate broken bones here, a stab wound there.   "Who exactly was attacking?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC Brontes

"Makuta's Legacy, augmented by another group that seemed to have an abundance of Tryna users." I shot a quick glance to Kellin, who might know a name or factoid to associate with them. "A couple mercenaries joined the fray later on," I grinned at the De-Matoran before quickly wiping the expression, it was terribly inappropriate to smile hauling bodies about. "They didn't fly so well."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC:

Skrihen laughed. A short, but nonetheless clear, sound that resounded through the hot air, originating within the Toa's chest. When she quieted, she was smiling. But the expression was more unsettling than cheerful, as she uncrossed her arms and slipped her hands into the pockets of her coat.

"You know, I used to be real good at channeling emotions. Some of my colleagues got real good at it." The comment seemed innocuous, but to a select few in their midst they carried a very different undercurrent. "And really? Going off on you? That's a pretty big overstatement. It looks a lot different when I go off on someone. I just don't like when people don't mind their own business."

"Because really, this ain't your problem. I don't know who you are. I don't care. You could be Sulov Maru, except you're a bit short for the part and you certainly don't seem wise enough. I don't care what you've got to think, and I'm not a part of your little Boy Scouts, so I don't have to care."

She looked at Plagia. 

"Standards really slipped this low?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Mariko):

"Cute. For someone preaching minding one's own business you're making quite the assumptions about what is and isn't my problem and whose standards are being met. But hey if that's what counts as wisdom for you and makes you feel better, be my guest."

If Skrihen was expecting to make one of those statements that are followed by silence it didn't work, the dark Toa was unimpressed.

"I'm just trying to prevent something worse than merely losing a village. Don't care if you like me for it or not. But at some point this will not be 'my' problem or 'your' problem - it will be everybody's."

He turned away from the irate Toa without another glance.

"Anyway, I can help to get us inside undetected as well and Drae here has had some personal experience with one of Echelon's flunkies. So Reordin, it's your village, what do you want to do once we get inside?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:Axardis

Axardis was almost startled. Someone had, at least indirectly, addressed him. Under his gas mask-like Hau, Axardis took a deep breath. When he had been a 10-strong team of not-all-Toa, he had rarely done the talking.

"Oh! U-Uhm, I'm a...well, 'a bit' would be an understatement, quite lost. I just washed up over there, I was wondering where this is."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

"Well, I'm not exactly the best choice for a welcoming committee that you could have been landed," I admitted, striding up onto the beach. "But I'll do my best. Long story short: this is the island of Mata Nui. It's, uh, sort of like one of those paintings you have to look at from a couple paces back to appreciate; it looks nice from a distance, but it stops making sense the closer you look at it."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

The Skakdi's grip tightened on the cart.  "Trynas as a weapon? Very... cheeky of them."  Absolutely disgusting was a more direct way to put it, but getting riled up would help nobody.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Hehehe.

"Apparently, the aforementioned band of mercenaries figured attacking a hospital would be helpful for... I can't even begin to remember the reason, but it was twelve kinds of dumb. They figured they'd stop the bloodshed by beating down the last of the resistance, or something." Kellin elaborated, face making the best possible expression of disbelief and confusion.

"They called themselves The Outsiders, if I remember right. Got a little outpost in Ko right by the Cable Car, which for a while they seemed to think they controlled. Okay bunch once you slap them around a bit, helped us evacuate the Nuju-Marion once they realized how dumb their plan was."

Still don't know how we managed getting Cancer on that thing.

helo frens

IC: Malik

Now that things had finally calmed down a bit, the Ta-Toa had raged, the policewomen had done something, the other hooligans had done something, alright I'll be honest I have absolutely no idea what has happened so far. Right now all I could do was chuckle at the sheer absurdity of the situation, I only came here to get some rest. Instead I find my house invaded with squatters and an antsy policewoman who didn't believe that I owned the place. I mean it's not like I could blame her, I didn't look the part in this cloak of mine.

"So," I began, "You want me to prove I own the place? Well, I'm not entirely sure how you want me to do that. It's not like any document was ever handed out stating that Malik Shaddix is the new owner of the place."

At this point I had begun pacing up the stairs, my hand gliding along the wooden railing. In front of the stairs were a series of portraits, the Shaddix "Princes." Such an arrogant title, but that was neither here nor there. "Let's see, I guess the fact that I greatly resemble these stodgy old guys isn't enough. My father is dead, my brother is dead, so there isn't really someone left to prove my claim in that sense. Besides even they were still around, one of them would just be busy hitting on you and other would be too drunk to care." 

"I mean, I could tell you that my room is the seventh room on the left upstairs and that inside there's a dragon statue next to a painting of my brother, sister and me enjoying the Ga-Wahi beach. The sand castle we built that day was glorious, but crabs were a bit too heavy for the tower. I could tell you about the day my brother showed me how to slide down this rail, or the day my sister and I sat by the fire place upstairs and spent the whole night just reading books. But is there really a point to all this? I just wanted to come home and get some sleep before leaving in the morning." 

"So," I asked as I slid back down the hand rail, "I'll ask once more time. What is it you want me to say?"

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"Depends. Would you like a portion of quasi-homemade queso dip? I was workin' on some quasi-homemade queso dip." He looked to Saeva, Erzu, and Torana with a bashful grin. "I found chips. Didn't want to tell you guys until it was done, but if it keeps us from being arrested...ha ra cha cha chaaaaa."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"See? My man knows the value of good queso. It's the mortar that toughens resolves, forges friendships, clogs arteries! To share a bowl with Saeva Sareta and Erzu Salvajemono would...would...I don't know, even! Ancestors would quake in their graves. Descendants would grow more powerful. Whitehot might even find love!" His voice had become possessed with unearthly passion, fire the likes of which Saeva and Solvi would need to snap their fingers and concentrate to produce. "Malik Shaddix, please accept a bowl. You too, Officer Anti-Saeva."

Even those bereft of her kindness may know salvation alongside the merest of mortals.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

It's hot but god###### it's worth it.

"Got an uncle that'd kill for this stuff."

He could have sworn they were in very real danger a few minutes ago, but he honestly didn't see what they'd have to worry about after this. Well done, Redhot. Well done indeed.

Heck, not even Saeva could look this one aside. That girl loved her some good food. Had to be pacified by now.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Malik

Well that was a sudden turn of event, one I was quite grateful for. With a large grin on my face, I took a seat with the others and grabbed myself a bowl. This stuff truly was delicious. 

"Man, you have good taste."

Taking another bite, I didn't wait to finish chewing before continuing. 

"Say, did we every properly introduce ourselves?"

This stuff really is fantastic. 

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"My real name has eleven consonants and only two vowels - and the vowels are right beside each other." Redhot ate a chip the size of a Matoran's palm in one bite and grinned vibrantly at the home's owner. "After I tell people that, they kinda just call me Redhot."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Erzu Salvajemono." the Bo-Toa responded through a full mouth, taking it to be his turn. "Fought in the Crucible with Firefly over there, lead a bit of a gang back home in Le-Koro." he jerked a thumb back towards the Ta-Toa, not feeling in any danger whilst they were all distracted by the chips and dip.

"Good times. Nice place you've got here, but it does seem kinda gaudy for a chill dude like you."

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Captain Korzaa - Jaller's Office

Korzaa pursed her lips and thought. Her existence was a bit of information that Legacy did not have, and information was valuable. Did she spend it so quickly? 

Yes, the answer came quickly. Her existence was a bit of knowledge best spent by giving it to the wide public. Her life was a symbol of rebellion, of the way The Legacy could fail. She was all that was left of Ko-Koro, her and the scattered refugees of the city. Her most powerful power right now washer status as a symbol, as a hero that could stand against the power of her enemy. Of course she should make her presence known.

"Yes," she said, "Tell the world I still stand for Ko-Koro and its virtues, and stand against those who have taken control of it. They should know I am ready to fight."

She paused. "How soon can we meet with the other Akiri?"

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: Torana 

It'd never crossed her mind that queso dip of all things would be something that'd be prone to instantly breaking any sort of tension - especially while dealing with overzealous Guardswomen. 

But holy , did it ever. 

Finally easing up and snapping out of the impassive, tense trance she hadn't even realized she was frozen in (it had worried her a bit after the fact, but the magical anxiety-dispelling properties of chips and cheese dip had distracted her), she too partook in snacking. Went well enough with the whiskey, but some tequila was seriously in order. 

Then she remembered that she hadn't even said anything since the Guardswoman had burst in, and so she was about to open her mouth and introduce herself once Erzu had finished his own introduction. 

"...lead a bit of a gang back home in Le-Koro." 

But she froze up again and the anxiety came back and she kept her mouth shut.

IC:

"Saeva Sareta."

The Ta-Toa had, by this point, more or less calmed down. Distracted by the presence of queso, she had turned her attention to the food very quickly. The dip was pleasantly warm to her palate, rather than the spice some other experienced, and she was rapidly inhaling as many chips as she could reach. The Guardswoman was forgotten, though her eyes narrowed slightly at the mention of Erzu's gang. 

She watched both the Po- and Fe-Toas out of the corner of her eye.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Does that...mean she likes it?

Redhot's brain glowed happily.

I T   W A S   A L L   W O R T H    I T 

IC:

What about Plagia? She's cute.

You decapitated her best friend before her eyes at the Hive.

Sorry. I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank, considering we've already gone over that I wasn't at the Hive. I was an Essence Stone.

I know what you were. You ruined the lives of half the people standing around me.

Sounds like I was busy.

Shut up.

Charismatic speech time?

Shut up.

Alright, alright. Just picture everyone naked if you need to get through it. I know I will.

You're revolting, Reordin thought, before he looked up. For the umpteenth time in the past year, he saw him. There, standing right behind Skrihen. He was moving as fluidly as a cat and smiling at the assembled mob coyly. He slipped away, sure as smoke, right before the Toa of Ice's eyes, and the Toa Maru cursed under his breath.

"Whatever we are," the voice slithered in his head, no longer bantering, "we made each other."

Of all six Essence Stones...

He wanted to tear open his forehead and scream.

"I'm not talking about anything in the streets," he snapped. Reordin knew that the tension from inside his head was making its way into his voice; he had the worst headache he'd suffered since climbing down into Mangaia to face Makuta. "Magma Lounge. If low survival odds and -poor team dynamics are what gets you off, meet me there in an hour. If not, the reunion's been nice." He looked up at Skrihen and forced down the bubbling feeling in his gut.

"And if any of you wants to suggest that Ko-Koro's protection isn't a priority for me, I have fifty years Sanctum experience and your shattered jaw to say otherwise."

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious
  • Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: The bright, sensory, and dreamy portion of the Bo-Toa's green-on-green coloration narrowed.

Erzu Salvajemono, despite what the claims of one Saeva Sareta may lead you to believe, was not a particularly ignorant or dim man. The atmosphere, the mood of the room, had suddenly, with those ten words, changed much for the worse. Even with Redhot there to balance things out with this sudden, unshakable serenity of his, he still felt then uptick in tension once he'd let those words slip. It was a calculated risk, but...

. I'm no good at math.

There goes the appetite.

Silently, he placed his plate to the floor and gently pushed it forward.

helo frens

IC:

No good. No good was coming out of this. Reo was probably making the right call; we all needed some time to cool our heads and come back to the issue like a bunch of the like-minded, semi-rational people which I knew felt highly suspected prayed to Mata Nui we were.

"Yeah, all right guys," I said casually. "Go get some breakfast or a drink or whatever it is you do in the morning. Let's all take a bit to, y'know, unwind a little."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]