BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Scorpion to End All Scoroions

The gigantic arachnid screeched, the very ground beneath the group's feet shaking with it's titanic footsteps, as the twin beams of pure head assaulted it's form. While the Jaga was by no means resistant to heat, the sheer size and thickness of it's gleaming obsidian carapace offered it protection from the attack. Somewhat, all creatures had an aversion to pain, and this monstrosity was no different.

It reared up on it's two back pairs of legs, claws snapping in the air like gunshots, before the elemental powers of Vygel took effect. It's already prodigious weight increasing dramatically, the Nui Jaga slammed back onto the ground, its clawed feet sinking into the charcoal-covered earth. It was considerably lower to the ground, but it still managed to stay standing.

It's gaze focused upon the red being standing before it, and almost faster than the eye could follow, one of its Skakdi-sized claws shot out to impact against Kahlynn.

A few paces back, and safely out of range of the monster's attack's, Zauk's keen eyes studied the creature closely. Its body was covered in a seemingly impenetrable shell, without a single chink in it's armor and yet-

The Toa of Lightning stopped, a patch of discoloration on the Jaga's back catching his attention. No, not a discoloration, a stone. Zauk realized what it was a second later.

"The stone on it's back!" He called to the group, though he wasn't sure if anyone heard, "That's what we need!"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Helios (Charred Forest)

I saw where Zauk was pointing, and in an instant my Disk Launcher was in my hands, cocked and ready, soon to be locked and loaded.

"I'll try shooting the stone off it's back" I called, even as I fished out a couple of disks from within my conveniently wavy cloak, hearing a sound like blade sliding into its sheathe comfortably as I loaded the magazine with my long-range disks, all two of them.

"Then somebody fast can grab it while everyone else keeps its attention"

I was operating under the extremely-logical-to-the-point-of-flawlessness assumption that the Nui-Jumbo didn't understand Matoran, so yelling was fair game.

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Miniscule cinders haphazardly rode the warm breezes.

A hunched shape perched on a flat roof, indefinite against the mottled ochre Ta-Wahi sky, seemed the haughty conglomeration of these ashes; indefinite and particular, the shadow on the roof could have been made out of the fire-dust of the air. Like a pile of sand suffering the wind, the shape melted here and there; but unlike a pile of sand, the cinder-entity righted itself constantly, reclaiming and replacing its fizzy crumbs even as more rebelled against such control.

From his vantage point above Ta-Koro’s central plaza, Zaktan recuperated and watched.

The sonic attack that’d distracted and annoyed Avak and Thok had cut barbarically into Zaktan’s being, as such assaults always did; not for the first time, he cursed his unique composition’s most reliable weakness. A crippled cloud, Zaktan had flitted desperately away from the source of the shrill noise, escaping unceremoniously to achingly reform where he now crouched. The screech had died shortly thereafter; green-tinted smoke billowing up from where the Lavapool had once been had indicated that Jitter was to thank for Zaktan’s respite.

The street below Zaktan was hectic, but not frenzied. Under the Piraka’s red gaze, Matoran and Toa ran to and fro, conveying and obeying orders, trying to save their wares and themselves simultaneously. Yet despite the hyperactivity, order prevailed. The people of Ta-Koro had been through fire (of several types) more often than most Mata Nuians; baptized by emergency, they operated together like a blazing clock. The degree of calmness with which the Ta-Koronans conducted themselves may have been admirable to some; Zaktan, meanwhile, only read the deepest writing on the palimpsest. In the Koro’s compliance to its military figures, Zaktan saw exploitable obedience to authority, conformity that could have been effortlessly harnessed. The people of this city had all the efficiency – and all the intelligence – of cogs. It was easy to use a well-oiled machine.

The Piraka were a rusty, defunct contraption, but Zaktan had the skill to manipulate them just as easily. Even in the face of the others’ annoying rebellion earlier, he hadn’t lost control of the situation; though he’d been forced to show his hand, Zaktan had used the revelation of the Antidermis to his advantage, because it’d given him precedent to come to Ta-Koro. Zaktan had long since decided that he wanted Vezok as his pawn, and only Vezok; this endeavor into Ta-Koro both allowed Zaktan to reclaim his perfect instrument and presented him with a clean way to abandon his other tools, which would have only gotten in his way. Already, the others were scattered; now, all Zaktan had to do was find Vezok, and leave without drawing the rest of the Piraka away from their inane distractions, which would be easy. Not for the first time, Zaktan acknowledged his intelligence with satisfaction.

Movement in Zaktan’s peripheral vision complicated his scheme.

A Toa, of indeterminate hue when silhouetted by the amber sky, leapt from rooftop to rooftop towards Zaktan. He bounded tremendously in the air, flipping and tacking off stone ledges and sloped roofs without losing much forward momentum. When the gaps were too large for even the Toa’s acrobatic leaps to bridge, one of his hands would shoot out and, with remarkable speed, create a frozen ramp in midair to catch his body, off of which he’d then launch himself anew. Not even Reidak could have mistaken this being for anything but a Toa of Ice. Strapped to the Toa’s back, Zaktan noticed the glint of a pair of weapons. Knowing that he’d been spotted, and eager to best this Toa quickly, Zaktan rose from his crouch and stood to face the oncoming would-be hero.

As the Toa of Ice came closer, he slowed, catching himself a final time with a long, gently angled ice bridge that, despite the muggy Ta-Koro air, didn’t appear to be melting. A shoulder-roll absorbed the impact of the Toa’s landing; as he rose, his steps quickly lost momentum until he was languorously swaggering straight towards the waiting Zaktan. Beneath the Toa’s feet, the top layer of frost on the bridge transformed, turning from flaky to plushy, white to rouge; soon enough, the fresh ground on which the Toa walked had become a red carpet. A self-confident smirk was affixed to the Toa’s face, and as he advanced, he reached his hands over his shoulders to draw the weapons there.

Zaktan, not in a mood for theatrics, had loaded a Jitter Sphere in his Zamor Launcher. He wasted no time in dispatching it.

test2.png

IC: "Aaah."

That's a new one. Saving it.

"Yeah, I just figured I'd actually take a look at what crazy mumbo-jumbo was going on in the Koro for once." he continued, wiping his brow with a quick flick of the wrist and turning back to look at the remains of Lavapool.

"And whaddyaknow? Dad's favorite inn is on fire."

His tone really said it all.

helo frens

IC: "That and collapsing hospitals. Honestly, I've lived here for all of six months and I'm surprised we're still standing."

"And I'm surprised this place lasted as long as it did."

He smirked wryly.

"Didn't realize I'd signed up for a town this crazy. I never would have thought my childhood would be more predictable than this."

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

IC: Jolek was silent for a moment.

He then slightly inclined his head, as if saying "Point."

"Wouldn't doubt it. Same people looked at a Volcano and said 'yes this is where I'll build my city, perfect'."

"Which, I'll admit, is pretty ballsy. Props to us. Woohoo. War Ta-Koro." He said, raising his fist into the air and slightly pumping it, pantomiming a cheer.

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

IC: "And a surprising amount of game. Sure they're always a tad scrawny, but still. A lot better off in the food department than you'd think. All in all..."

"Not a bad place to live after all. I mean, besides... this, all the time."

And I'm living proof that you can ###### near get used to it.

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

IC: "Considering it myself. I've just been holding down the family home for a few months now. Parents seem to have up and adventured off together. From the sounds of it, it's not the first time, either." he muttered.

Hold on a second--

Half-step and double-take.

"Wait. 'Jumped ship'? You're saying you live somewhere else?" he asked. "What're you doing here, then?"

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

IC: "Oh, absolutely. Everyone loves me, it's why I keep to myself most of the time. Because they love me. Yes." he replied, very obviously self-deprecating.

Aha. Haha.

Ha.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"
, he said with a look. Sometimes, words just didn't convey what a good glance could.

Edited by The Doc

helo frens

IC: "Yeah, I'm all -dark- and -brooding- and -mysterious-. Everyone loves it. I'm the most interesting jungle rat on the island."

You could carve a likeness of yourself out of the ambient sarcasm with a knife, if you really tried.

helo frens