BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Saeva's father chuckled as he served a bowl of the stew and slid it to Torana, followed by one to Erzu. The benefit of having control over heat, notably, was that while the pot was piping hot the food arrived cool enough for consumption. While he served a bowl to his wife and daughter, Saeva raised her eyebrows at Erzu, giving him a look that pretty clearly said Really now?

"You're both quite welcome. We don't often have guests, but it's only polite to serve dinner." The Ta-Toa commented as he sat, Saeva rolling her eyes again. That did not, however, prevent her from tucking into her own meal with gusto.

"Sorry you two had to visit Ta-Koro at such a time." Her father continued, clasping his hands on the table. "It's normally nicer than this."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dakku (Ta-koro)

We walked inside the village of fire, crossing a stone bridge over the lava. The air here smelled rather unpleasant. It smelled like thick smoke and burned coal. The air in Ko-koro and Le-koro was much, much more pleasant to breathe than this smog. But I did my best to ignore it and instead looked around me. The tall, basalt buildings stood around me, imposing and dark. The building style here was different than in Ko or Le, it was more.. practical and industrious. The buildings were constructed out of stone blocks, with a few glass windows breaking the surface of the grey walls. The clouds of ash above covered the sun, so the only sources of light were torches and the lava itself. This gave the village a rather gloomy feeling, which made me feel uncomfortable.

As we walked, I realised that I was simply following Venemi around, not knowing where she was headed, so I asked from her "So, where are we going?"

IC: The Champion (Ta-koro)

After I had eaten the meal, I immediately headed for the nearest inn, slept for the night and headed back to Obsidian. I saw some refugees from Ko-koro around, and a big group of them following a bronze Toa who looked somewhat familiar. I think he was one of the hospital defenders. Anyways, I travelled on the cable car over a stream of lava, and soon arrived at Obsidian outpost, on the slopes of the large, imposing volcano. I hope that Zero has returned, so I can start fighting against the recruits. It's been too long since I've fought someone face-to-face.

OoC: Champion to Ko-wahi 

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Dakku (Ta-koro)

"A drink sounds good," I said, "but why do you think that someone unleashed the beetles? Are they.. not natural?" Was this Makuta's plan all along? Even if he was banished, his plans were already set in motion. A chill ran down my spine..

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

[Ta Koro, Public House]

Lucira looked down at the sleepy Burnak.

“Can I pet him?”

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Erzu responded with a cheeky half grin and a slight, almost imperceptible shrug of the shoulders. Giving the bowl a precautionary blow over the top and doing a marvelous job of disguising the fact that moments after he reveled in the flavor, he'd also realized that he'd fairly burnt his tongue, he began to eat at a slightly more controlled pace.

"Dunno what you mean, sir. The hospitality's probably the best I've ever experienced." he said, in an attempt to lighten the mood some. "Like a home away from home."

Or better, he thought darkly, allowing himself a slight grimace before retreating back into a cool exterior. No time to be moping about that here.

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll be back to normal soon, though. If I learned anything about this place from Saeva, it's that the people here are strong here," he pointed to his skull, indicating the mind. "As well as strong in body."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: "So kid, done drinking my place into a desert?"

Aren't you practically as young as I am?

"Yeah, I'm good. How much you need?"

"On the house. It's just water. No sense makin' you pay for it."

"Really?"

"Yep. Anything else, your wallet would be a bit lighter. Water? That just makes things a hassle. Now have a nice day."

"Thanks, same to you."

"If you've got any friends who actually drink, make sure you send 'em my way." the Bartender called as Jolek exited the building.

After he propped the poor soul who had quite literally been kicked out of the place up against the wall, he turned his gaze upwards, looking for a name.

The Caldera Bar and Grill, huh? Certainly keeping with the volcano theme.

Sure, I'll remember that.
he thought, turning and, for what must have been the fifth time to day, diving back into the streets.

OOC: Jol open for interaction.

helo frens

IC, Nilyn: "Oh that's cool!" Nilyn said about Mistral being a toymaker.

"I used to be a Toa-hero like the First Ones, but I... Snapped," said the Le-Turaga.

"Oh..." was all Nilyn could say to that statement. She was curious to what Mistral meant by "snapped", but Nilyn didn't want to pry.

...And the awkward silence was back...

IC: Haarnak (Ta-Koro) 

Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3

Still amazed with the zoom on his new scope, Haarnak shot down the street like a Kadin-wearing bullet, the rest of the world becoming almost a blur. That is, until he slammed into a wall. 

His head reeling and blood dripping down into his eyes, Haarnak slowly back-pedalled from the wall, dazed and shaken. His scope was intact at least, but he honestly couldn't say the same for his mental focus. He flopped down on a conveniently-placed bench, and attempted to stop the bleeding on his forehead by tying a bandage made out of a strip of fabric off of his shirt. It worked, and so he lay there, relieved that he wasn't dying, and slowly sank into unconsciousness.

OOC: Haarnak's open to interaction now! :)

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Having watched that entire scene play out from a safe distance, the jungle's proudest son shook his head and sighed. Nobody knew how to pace themselves these days. It was always "push as fast as I can, as hard as I can, as soon as I can, my own well-being be ". Thing is, you have to be smart and know your limits. It's why he didn't barge in on those Piraka hiding in the Lavapool Inn (may she rest in peace). He knew he would be stepping into a killing field if he did. If he wanted to live long enough to take up Angel's offer, he'd need to show a brain like that.

Anyways, enough waxing philosophic on the merits of looking before you leap, everyone's heard that before. He couldn't just stand there and let the guy bleed on the bench.

"Up we go."

Hoisting the unconscious Toa up in a traditional fireman's carry, he made his way for the nearest hospital. After the death of the "Love Shack" (may she rest in slightly LESS peace), centers for medical treatment had started to become a little more commonplace, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one nearby.

helo frens

IC Girah: Girah looked up at Lucira and nodded. "Sure thing. Be prepared, though, you might not be able to get rid of him after that." The Burnak's one ear perked upwards at the mention of petting, but otherwise, it seemed like it was comfortably dozing on the Toa.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

[Ta Koro, Public House]

Lucira slipped off her stool and crouched down, scratching behind the Burnak's ear.

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ

IC: "I'm sure that the entire group does not need to see the Akiri. Why don't the others come with me to the barracks? We can get some medical attention for everyone who needs it and the rest will have a roof over their heads for the time being."

The voice came from behind the group where Loren stood, his the RFF Commander insignia worked into the metal of his chestplate.

OOC: Unless I missed something there is like, twenty people in that group. If most of them got dropped off someplace please ignore this but otherwise I'm not even sure they would all fit in the lobby.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ

IC: Loren looked down at the insignia for a moment before looking back up at Ril and responding.

"Still not sure how I feel about it. Never thought of myself as the command type. Have you got your transfer papers yet?"

Turning his head to look at Tesco he replied to the Matoran.

"The Rapid Reactionary Forces. New branch of the Guard."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Girah: The Burnak nuzzled quickly into the Ta-Matoran's hand, purring contentedly. Girah gave a smile. "He's a schmoozer. Aren't you buddy?" The Burnak ignored the comment and continuted to enjoy the attention.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: (Karaihe)

Karaihe gave Girah an odd look...

"Schmoozer?" he shook his head and ordered another drink...that made four.

"So who are you then?" he addressed the others. "You don't look like the average drunks you get in here..."

Edited by Silo

Kathok