BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: As the guard motioned to the sign, Verulas slapped himself upside the head.

Really? He could pick a thief out of a moving crowd behind them by reflecting some light off of a knife, but somehow he had missed the sign and the building that were so obviously staring him in the face?

He could already tell that this day wasn't going to end well.

Septima motioned for Natharius to follow her as she re-entered the crowd, stalking the trio as inconspicuously as she could as she eventually watched them enter the hospital. All they had to do now was wait for them to come out.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Veteran.

"Am I the only one who's got a bad feelin' about this?" Veteran sighed to Verulas as they entered the hospital. The place was filled with vaguely-familiar faces, belonging to the refugees who had passed through Obsidian on their way here, to the safety and security of Ta-Koro. Suddenly, he didn't like his chances of finding a medic who was free to help them.

IC: Natharius.

"Now we wait?" Natharius guessed. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Verulas groaned as he walked inside, his vision filling rapidly with the sight of refugees.

This wasn't going to be easy.

"Now we wait," Septima sighed, taking a seat on a nearby bench.

Edited by timageness411
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Realising he probably should have asked this when they'd first entered the city instead of waiting until they'd finished traipsing all the way to the hospital, Veteran turned to the guard who was shadowing them. "What're our chances of findin' a medic who'd be free to go back up the mountain with us?"

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Helios (Charred Forest)

I came walki-no.

I came strol-no.

I came strut-no.

Might as well be straightforward about it.

I came hobbling out between the ashen trees, leaning on my trusty hammer like a cane as I cast a triumphant glance at the silhouette of Ta-Koro on the horizon. Or I would have if my hat hadn't slid down in front of my eyes.

"Heh, guess it could be plenty worse" I said to no one in particular as I found a rock to prop myself on, to catch a break near the impressive view.

I was wiped, and a little bruised, but all in all pretty awesome feeling. It had been quite a ride, and I'd gotten a shiny new bow to show for it.

"Not a disk launcher, but... if I can fire one weapon I guess I can learn to fire another, too." I thought out loud.

IC: Jalkron

Jalkron hears something not too far away, one or two people, talking.  He heads over to investigate, calling out, "Hello?"

IC:

Lost? LOST? 

P R O T E C T    S A E V A

"I got you guys covered!" he said with just as much audible excitement as the Toa of Fire, bounding off through the trees so hard that when he stretched out his right arm to wave, he chopped a tree in half.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Torana

She watched the tree split and fall over.

"Okay, that's, uh... a little bit intimidating?"

- - - - - - - - - -

IC: Raaka

"Too bad you didn't get to initiate your master plan, huh?" he quipped to Kellin, trying to make conversation.

He ended up painfully coughing.

Jalkron hears something not too far away, one or two people, talking.  He heads over to investigate, calling out, "Hello?"

OOC: Sorry, missed this

"Ah, hi there" I said as I saw a cloaked Toa of Iron come by. That cloak wasn't half bad on him, it it hadn't been for my snazzy hat he might have had me beat.

"I was catching a break, guess you heard me talking to myself" I said as I offered him my hand.

"It's a bad-rid habit-thing of mine"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Sorry, missed this

"Ah, hi there" I said as I saw a cloaked Toa of Iron come by. That cloak wasn't half bad on him, it it hadn't been for my snazzy hat he might have had me beat.

"I was catching a break, guess you heard me talking to myself" I said as I offered him my hand.

"It's a bad-rid habit-thing of mine"

OOC: Not a problem.  I haven't been on much either what with Christmas and all.

Jalkron shook Helios hand.  "I prefer thinking to myself rather than talking out loud.  When you are quiet, you can hear things, and other things can't hear you.  I'm Jalkron."

OOC: I said I was gone in the GD topic. Not much point in trying to poke me into moving.

Loren- Ta-koro Guard

IC: Loren abruptly stopped and opened a nearby door. On the other side was something that would make anyone with a proper appreciation of weapons to go slack jawed. Racks of weapons of every time imaginable lined the walls and filled the room in neat rows.

Walking in, Loren went to a particularly blunt looking section.

"These are the practice weapons you will be using during basic training." Without looking, he pointed at another rack slightly father into the room. "The short swords are over on that rack. You can get some spares while your old ones get fixed."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Brontes

The armory was amazing, weapons of every make and style lining the walls and stored upon racks in the large room. Brontes untied the short sword and steath from his left hip, moving it to his pack. He didn't think any replacement would fit the sheath, it needed repairing as well. The moisture had caused rot in several spots and elemental attacks had left burnt areas.

He surveyed the rack of short swords Loren had directed him towards. It held several dozen. Curved, especially short, double and single edged, stout heavy blades that looked more like crushing weapons and fine rapiers and sabers. He doubted he had the level of swordsmanship to wield those properly...

One caught his eye. It was about the length of his own sword, single edged and slightly curved. It reminded him of a scimitar, but stouter and heavier than most weapons of that type. He picked it up from the rack, the blade was very dark and the grip fine leather with very simple decoration, a symbol for Unity near the base of the blade, inlaid with whitish metal. A simple weapon, made for efficiency and functionality.

The associated sheath was straighter to allow the short sword to be inserted edge down or up. Something that struck him as odd until he saw the other sword; it was the same shape as the one he had just chosen, but reversed in color. Pale protosteel blade with a dark inlay showing the symbol for Duty.

Dual wielding? The idea seemed outlandish, yet, he felt the swords were clearly made to be used together. To compliment each other. They were not so heavy or large that carrying the white sword on his right side would impede his movement. He had had his single short sword knocked from his grasp in Ko-Koro. A backup would do him well in situations like that. He tied the second sheath to his right side, looping it through belt and armor to keep it close to his thigh. Walking to the blunt practice weapons he selected a simple longsword, the edge ground down and decidely non-lethal.

...but close to it

IC:

Bummer, huh?

With the finality of a popped bubble, the pully-tuggy sensation I’d become aware of moments(?) earlier yanked my free spirit up at last (and I’m gonna call it “up,” for your sake; there’s not really a word for the direction I got yanked in… insi-down? upsid-out? I felt like I was being sucked through the opening of a straw, swilled like a cup of tea, and dropped without an umbrella off a flying pig all at once; but I’m calling it “up,” ain’t I considerate). The pully-tuggy force yanked me up outa the land of fanciful wordplay, the la-la-land of letters unbounded by punctuation and syntactical logic, with inevitable authority.

As I got tugged up, though, I didn’t actually feel bummed; I felt… down. There’s a difference; it took me a few to figure out what, hence my unclear narration before. Would apologize if I actually felt sorry about that. So yeah, I wasn’t depressed, see; I felt down. Hm, how can I put it? I felt something of a… return to weightiness. Weightiness, there we go. Like kicked dust settling, my airy-fairyness started to dissipate the further I got pulled insidown (I lied about the “up” thing; insidown is much more fun) into… well, wherever I am now.

You don’t believe I’m really down to earth again? You’re wondering how I’m even still tellin’ a story—

—To be frank (which is a rarity), I’m wondering that too. But we’ll get to that (and the hot-button question of the day: “Where in the world is Grokkie Sandiego?”) in a jiffy. See, I’ve decided to tackle the unknowns one at a time, it’s the only way I’m gonna hold on to… well, to what? As a matter of fact there’s nothing here to hold onto – again, shoot, “in a jiffy,” yeah. Look, there’s a lot to process, and it’s all hittin’ me at once; as I can’t possibly convey it to you with the same instantaneity (news flash: instantaneity is a word) I’m experiencing, take a page from not-me’s book and demonstrate some patience. Worry not, I’ll present you with:

A) the characteristics of my location

B) the characteristics of my state of being

C) my essential play-by-play commentary on the above two

in due time. Okay, that all said, I’m gonna finish the sentence I started way back up (in this case, not insidown; the directionality of text is one of my only remaining constants) there, in case you’d forgotten that it was a thing—

—? Look, here’s ple-enny of proof that glorious Grokk is back in full: the colon you just passed (rather than a kidney stone, geddit… speaking of, do I still have kidneys?). Punctuation and capitalization – the normal fare – have made their triumphant comeback. Look! I’m using words again. And nah, I don’t mean

w

o

r

d

s

like last time.

Speaking of, can we take a hot sec to acknowledge how freakin’ ridiculous that whole shebang (this time, not she-bang) was? Paragraph breaks in the middle of words! No indicative punctuation! No italics to show stressed syllables! Such a blatant disregard of my readers’ needs! Not that you’re unused to a blatant disregard of your needs (I mean, these insanely frequent parentheticals have to get aggravating as a reader, amirite?); after all, you’re still here – by the way, wow – even after something as beez-arre as my last entry.

It’s funny, I know some of you appreciated that spacey thing like fine art. “Such a break from the normal form!” you slobbered, puckering your faces in a way you probably imagined was sophisticated while you sniffed each others’ butts. “So… edgy! So… postmodern!” Throw whatever words you like at it. Personally, I think y’all just go, “oh wow, so artsy” whenever you run face-first into something you don’t understand. But I won’t spoil the fun by letting you know that your interpretation of my “art” wasn’t my intention. Why yes, I really was going for something, ah, brutally postmodern, indubitably, quite, etc. (Between you n’ me, all artists are con artists; hence the term con artist.)

But yeah, looking back at my last entry (my last, oh, help me out here, I dunno, entry sounds weird; my last installment? my last… chapter? My last post

OOC:

hizzle to the yizzle this skakdi has just gone truly meta

wait what

is this space

ooh i likey

airy fairy again

wheee—

Get back where you’re supposed to be.

who the

hey what did i just d—

Get back in there. Come on. Don’t play dumb.

where

You know exactly where I mean, Grokk. Stop being cheeky.

do i even still have cheeks—

Grokk. I’m serious. Get back to your normal place.

but i thought i left my normal place—

Yeah, you’re outside where you used to be, but there’s a limit to that. There are still places you’re not allowed to go. This is one of them.

but its fun here

i could do anything

an

i

thing

I don’t care. You’ve got to leave. Go back to where you were.

why

You just… can’t push this boundary. It’ll confuse people. It’s confusing me.

what makes you the boss of me

Don’t worry, it’s not just you... I’m sorta everyone’s boss.

thats dumb

youre dumb

That’s how it is. Tough cookies.

tough cookies bah who even are y—

We can do this the easy way, or the hard way.

ooh ooh hard wa—

Fine, if you want to be smart. You asked for it.

hey ow what the f—

I’m going to make sure this doesn’t happen again.

IC:

—?) I’m seriously like, what was I on when I wrote that thing?

Death, Grokk. You were on death, silly.

Yeah FYI, reader mine, spoiler alert: I’m dead. That’s something I figured out pretty immediately once I got here. By the way, maybe now’s a good time to discuss where – or what – “here” is… As promised, a jiffy after the fact. A, B, and C, coming right up.

Actually, on second thought, gimme a bit more than a jiffy. I sorta have a headache all of a sudden. Ow. Weird.

Edited by Nuju Metru
  • Upvote 11

test2.png

IC: (Karaihe/Guard House)

The huge statue of a Cy-Skakdi stared at the rows upon rows of weapons before blinking and grinning with his rows upon rows of diamond teeth.

"I kinda have my own weapon." He stated, brandishing his gigantic diamond edged broadsword. If it had a name, it would probably be called something like Decapitator.

Kathok

IC: Kaeren (Guards house)

After waiting for awhile ourside the Captains office Kaeren began to grow impatient. He finally decided that asking for an assignment wasn't important enough to bother the Captain with when there were other Guards of high rank that he could possibly find within the HQ.

He finally turned and began to walk down the hallway away from the office he'd hears voices in. Kaeren wandered around for several minutes before he turned down a hall and saw a few beings (Loren, Brontes) and by an open door and what inside appeared to be an impressive armory.

He also noticed a large Cy-Skakdi inside. The Toa of Fire approached them.

"You guys arming up? Need help with a threat? I'm a newly appointed guard, been looking for an assignment." He explained.

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ- Armory

IC: Loren raised an eyebrow when he spotted Brontes picking a pair of dual short swords.

Not many people use the same weapons as me. I don't know if he uses the same style but perhaps we could exchange pointers on usage.

Just then the Skakdi in the room spoke up, waving his giant blade a bit. Loren carefully stepped away as the edge whistled dangerously and gave the person holding it an annoyed look.

"You still need something to use while training so that nobody looses a limb." Turning, the grey Toa picked a large wooden  broadsword from the rack of non-lethal weapons. It was roughly the same shape as the Skakdi's weapon and made out of a dense wood that kept it at the same general weight.

It was at that moment when Kaeren made his appearance in the armory, asking if they were getting ready to deal with some threat or another. Still holding out the wooden weapon to Karaihe, Loren turned his head to look at the newcomer and speak.

"I'm just helping these new recruits here get ready for basic training. No threats currently in the village, as far as I know."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Karaihe/Guard House)

After some hesitation, Karaihe took the practice weapon, spinning it in his hands. t was surprisingly close in a lot of respects to Karaihe's existing weapon...Loren must have an eye for choosing the right one.

In truth, the Cy-Skakdi was good with most large, blunt weapons that were considered unwieldy by most.

Kathok

Natharius continued waiting. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Septima leaned forward, placing her elbow against her knee and supporting her head with the palm of her hand. She tapped her fingers against her cheek as she stared at the entrance to the hospital.

Waiting was boring.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Waiting is boring." Natharius said dully. 

IC: "Agreed," Septima replied dryly.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran - Ta-Koro Hospital.

Inside the hospital, Veteran was quickly coming to realise that they'd wasted their time coming here. Almost no one he asked was willing to follow them up the mountain, and they all had too much work piling up with the recent terrorist attack, and the refugees, to be able to follow the two Outsiders even if they had wanted to. "I don't think we're goin' to find anything' of use here," he told Verulas, "I think it's time we went back and gave Zero the bad news. Maybe..." he tried to recall the nickname Verulas had used for Enforcer, "...Chuckles' team had better luck at Ihu-Koro than we did here." 

IC: "Yeah...," Verulas said, as nothing had come of his own inqueries either. "Here's hoping."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran - Ta-Koro Hospital.

"I guess we'll get outta here, then?" Veteran asked Verulas, before turning to the guard who had been shadowing them. "We're ready ta leave." 

IC: Verulas nodded and remained silent.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran

"We gonna go bury your buddies' stuff, now?" Veteran asked Verulas as the trio left the hospital. "Or was there somethin' else you wanted ta do first?" 

IC: Natharius

"They're coming out," he hissed to Septima. 

IC: "Nope. That was the only thing I needed to do here," Verulas said. "After that, we head back to Ko-Wahi."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran - Ta-Koro Streets

"Alright mate, lead on." Veteran waved for Verulas to go on ahead. He didn't want to ruin the Toa's moment. Veteran knew exactly what his companion was going through. He'd lived a long life, and had to farewell more than his fair shares of fallen friends and foes alike. If Verulas wanted to say goodbye to this Celsahk, Veteran wasn't going to deny him that. 

IC: "I see them," Septima said.

"Well, I guess it's time to give the little guy's things a proper send-off then," Verulas said as he continued down the street, knowing that Septima would soon begin tailing them once more.

In truth, the Bo-Toa had absolutely no idea where he was going at first, so if either Veteran or the guard had suspected that he was randomly leading them throughout the city, they would have been right. He wouldn't have cared even if they did anyway; he was too busy trying to keep himself afloat amongst his own thoughts. Verulas was by no means a preacher, and he wasn't pretending to be one, but the fact that he had killed one before (Hey, he was using his church to smuggle weapons to some not-so-nice people, so don't judge because he had it coming.) had to count for something.

He remembered the method in which he had buried all of his former comrades about seven or so streets away from the hospital and decided that what he really needed to do was to find a decent bar; not the dives that he or the Skakdi would've probably normally frequented if they weren't looking for a healer or burying a dead Matoran's things, but one that also doubled as a classy restaurant or something where people didn't go looking for fights and the booze wasn't watered down. He eventually found what he was looking for and was about to enter, but remembered that the Skakdi and the guard were still following him at the last second and instead turned around to face them.

"Would you guys mind if I went in by myself? No since in dragging you two along when I'll only be a minute. Besides," he said, jabbing a thumb towards the four, wall-sized windows behind him that presented a clear view of the counter. "It's not like I'll be able to go starting anything without you taking notice."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Jalkron shook Helios hand.  "I prefer thinking to myself rather than talking out loud.  When you are quiet, you can hear things, and other things can't hear you.  I'm Jalkron."

"Guess that's a matter of taste. Name's Helios."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I aint gonna step on your moment," Veteran said understandingly. He had to admit, he was starting to respect the guy a little more. Under the snarky, nonchalant exterior, there was a thinking, feeling being. Despite how he tried to appear, Verulas really did care. Veteran understood more than most how important it was for someone like that to let those bottled-up emotions out every now and again. "Do what you've gotta do." 

He gave the guard an expectant look, hoping he would show the same respect. 

IC: Zomma Caruchi

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC:

"Hey hey buddy," I called to the Vortixx just standing around. "You know where I can find a hospital around here?"

IC:

I went back to the 'Vika.

Whether other people wanted to join me was up to them.

IC:

Nika took a drag on one of his last cigarettes, watching the entrance to the Guard HQ.

He turned to Jin.

"Think we should go in?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Honestly not sure" I said as I cast a glance at Ta-Koro in the distance.

"I think I was supposed to go to the Akiri and ask him if there was anything I could do, but then I ended up on this treasure hunt where there was a giant Nui-Jaga and this lady with fists and all that snark and... I got this bow" I rambled, finally lifting my right arm where I clutched the new, medium-sized- bow I'd grabbed from the loot pile we'd come across before parting ways.

"Apparently it's special in some way, but I can't really figure out how until I get some arrows to use it with."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...