BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:Axardis

IC:

I landed on the beach with the force of cannonball having shot itself out of its cannon to avoid the fact that two gorram little girls had just managed to gorram one-up it using a gorram magic hammer.

"Back again," I pointed out. "You ready to go, Ax-man?"

IC: Taleen

Taleen nodded with a smile, and the two of them set off down the street. With Plagia's arm around her Taleen couldn't be her usual, stealthy self as she walked. It felt strange, but she decided she'd just have to adjust to walking around in the open, at least when she was with company. 

IC:

If there was ever a village on Mata Nui with more weapon shops than you could find in a Skakdi's fantasy, Ta-Koro was it. I'd never met, but apparently Akiri Jaller, being a former military man, had not let up in keeping his village was militarily powerful as humanly possible.

Not that you could blame him.

I made an effort to keep our path from coming too close to the Lavapool.

It was pretty impossible to get lost in Ta-Koro; so long as you had a decent head on your shoulders, you could figure out that the whole place was a bunch of right angles and concentric circles and never lose your way. So, that being said, it hadn't taken long for Tal and I to find a decent-looking weapon shop. It was called "Val's Weaponry" and had a smaller, cruder sign hammered in place below it reading, "Why the frick did you put your name on the front of the store for cops to see you frickin' pleb?"

We walked through the door and suddenly HOLY ######.

They had one whole wall devoted to katana!

The place was filled, top-to-bottom, with racks of battleaxes, claymores, warhammers, throwing knives, boomerangs, shields, spears, ice picks, staves, daggers, decorative recreations of Tahu's Firesword and Onua's Claws, genuine Rahkstaffs, crossbows, and an entire row of saperka shovels meant to capitalize on Sulov Maru's stardom.

I've never seen so many weapons in one place before!

I'm in Heaven!

"oh."

-Void

• Upvote 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Konaro

"So, how long before we're back in commission, doc?" Konaro asked. "I can't exactly idle my time away when there's heroism to be undertaking. Especially when it comes to that hospital in Ko-Koro. What happened there, by the way? And is there any place I can get decent weapons? I'd like to add to my collection."

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

She gave a taut smile.  "'Doc'? That's a new one.  Most of my 'patients' aren't very talkative.  I'll leave the esitmates to the fellow who's healing you, but bar catastrophe you shouldn't be out for too long.  I'm afraid I can't vouch for the practicality of any heroics, though.  As for weapons, I'm afraid I haven't kept up with that sort of thing in a while."  (This was only mostly true; a woman had to know where to get replacement parts for her revolver, after all.)

"As for what happened back there... that's what I'm trying to get a picture of.  It's one thing to mark a victim's cause of death as 'hole in the chest', it's another to understand who put it there and why.  If you're feeling well enough to talk, what do you remember?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

"So, how long before we're back in commission, doc?" Konaro asked. "I can't exactly idle my time away when there's heroism to be undertaking. Especially when it comes to that hospital in Ko-Koro. What happened there, by the way? And is there any place I can get decent weapons? I'd like to add to my collection."

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

She gave a taut smile.  "'Doc'? That's a new one.  Most of my 'patients' aren't very talkative.  I'll leave the esitmates to the fellow who's healing you, but bar catastrophe you shouldn't be out for too long.  I'm afraid I can't vouch for the practicality of any heroics, though.  As for weapons, I'm afraid I haven't kept up with that sort of thing in a while."  (This was only mostly true; a woman had to know where to get replacement parts for her revolver, after all.)

"As for what happened back there... that's what I'm trying to get a picture of.  It's one thing to mark a victim's cause of death as 'hole in the chest', it's another to understand who put it there and why.  If you're feeling well enough to talk, what do you remember?"

Konaro briefly nodded. "Yeah, I do. Would help at least. Last thing I remember was I was lunging for someone, I was shooting some ice bolts at someone during the battle, then the Skakdi (Raaka I think his name was) and I came here looking for medical attention. last thing I remember was that the heat hit me like a wall."

He paused for a moment. 

"I hope Raaka feels better soon. I'd like to get to figuring out what to do now about our current situation."

Edited by Mr. Lightning Bolt

Time is my frenemy. So is money.
May the classics never die and may the future find a new set of Toa.

BZPRPG Character

NPC IC:

"You can go head on in." The Ta-Matoran jerked a thumb behind him, through Ta-Koro's gate, when he sensed a lull in the conversation before him. "Hope you know where your house is. Lavapool won't help you find it."

IC:

"Yeah." The Ta-Toa answered, calmer than before. Chips and dip seemed to have served as a sufficient distraction for her to not be at the Guardswoman's throat, but her eyes refocused on the other Toa at the question. "There a few months. Green Thumb over there was too."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Taleen was immediately drawn to the rack of throwing knifes. She already had a perfect set of protosteel daggers, all she was really missing were some decent knives. 

She picked up one of the knifes and spun it with her fingers, feeling it's weight. Without warning she spun around and threw it with the grace and precision of a trained killer. The knife flew straight and true, till it became lodged in the head of a target dummy. "Bulls-eye." Taleen seemed satisfied with the results.

"Seems to be well balanced, I'll take twenty." She told the shopkeeper. 

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Please let me know if I've missed anyone.

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

Instinctively, the Wasp spun her saber's toxin-coated blade in a practiced slash towards the tendril, while shouting: "Watch out for the ends, they might grab you!" She had a feeling that the star-shaped protrusions were one and the same with the parasites latched on to the matoran corpses...if they managed to attach to one of the group, that being could become this strange intelligence's slave. 

IC: Sanguivox

Sanguivox saw the tendrils leap out of the lava. "Mother of Mata Nui," he started. He lept up and began to run, looking around the cave to see what he could use to protect the rest of his company.

IC Mirin:

Her eye's widened, and the Toa of Water drew her Scythe, whirling it in a flourish, as the strange tendrils bore down upon her.

With a whirling motion, she swept the weapon outwards, slicing away at the tentacled plant creatures.

IC: Vaisaga

Vaisaga lashed out, his elemental powers sending hundreds of sharp air currents to cut at the tendrils.

IC: Denerium

Denerium tried to repel the vines with his extremely limited almost non-existant elemental powers, he wasn't sure if it was doing anything or not. But what else could an old Turaga do?

"We need fire! And lots of it!"

IC: Corex (Mangai Catacombs)

"####"

I made no apologies for whatever foul language came to mind as one of the vines came towards me. I hadn't expected this, and they weren't planning on giving me time to think up a proper strategy.

Improvization time, for better or worse.

My mechanical arm entered drill mode again. After activating the drill, I swung the makeshift weapon into meeting with the nearest vine.

Ic: Alsorate
The matoran yelped as the vines rocketed forward towards the group. He his behind everyone and brandished his stick in case any of those things tried to get a bite of him.

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

Lucira swore not so-under her breath as Sanguivox ran off.  What does he think he’s doing?

She wasn’t fast enough (again) to grab him, but she did send a razor sharp throwing ax toward the vines in his direction, with enough force to cut through a few in a row.

“Somebody grab the karz-cursed turaga!” she yelled for the second time that day, drawing her short sword in case the thing got any ideas.

IC

Vaisaga's air currents, though numerous, were barely strong enough to cut the surface of the tendrils, which continued undeterred; and Denerium's powers were too feeble to buy the group more than a second or two. Corex's drill had a little more success, managing to whack a larger tentacle back.

The blades wielded by Venemi and Mirin, however, sliced cleanly through the strange plant-matter and elicited another rattling, ear-splitting shriek of pain or rage. The tendrils drew back as several of their tips fell to the ground, but like so many snakes spotting new prey, they turned to the weak point of the group: Turaga Sanguivox, who was stumbling away and splitting himself off from the group. Too fast for anyone to come between them and their new target, five tentacles shot towards him. Two wrapped around his ankles, followed by another two around his wrists which caught him before he fell forwards under his own momentum, and together they lifted him high off the ground and drew him back as others moved forwards to keep any would-be rescuers at bay.

The fifth was one of those that Venemi rightly dreaded: the ones that ended in wide flat shapes with those stubby protrusions and thorn-like barbs. It hovered above and behind Sanguivox's vainly struggling form like a cobra preparing to strike its target: the back of the Turaga's neck.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

In one smooth movement, Lucira sheathed her her sword and drew another axe.  She knew she would have to get the timing correct if she wanted to severe all of the vine.

She readied herself to throw as soon as the vine positioned itself.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Plagia - Val's Weaponry

I was swinging a kampilan around in an open area, turning my head slightly to watch a big, burly Ta-Skakdi with an eyepatch and the stumps of three fingers drumming against the counter look at Tal. There was none of that traditional Skakdi grin on Val's (I was guessing that she was Val?) face; she was all business.

"Two hundred widgets," she said bluntly, leaning at the elbow on the counter.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Taleen casually approached the counter, yanking the knife out of the target dummy as she did. She produced a small bag of widgets from the top of her chest armor, opening it and counting out the correct amount in front of Val and placing it on the counter. 

"A pleasure doing business." She replied curtly. 

IC Mirin:

Though progress to the vines in question might be blocked to large beings, The Ga-Toa was not so limited as to be helpless.

Drawing what water remained in from the severed plants, she formed a compressed stream of water, moving from and back to her hand very quickly.

She then directed the water jet at the tendrils on the left of the Turaga's body, hoping to slice through them with the high pressure water stream.

IC: Plagia - Val's Weaponry

Val grunted something unintelligible as she scooped up the widgets.

Val grunted something unintelligible as I dropped a sheathed kampilan on the counter in front of her.

I don't really want to talk about how much it cost.

Soon enough, the two of us were back outside the store, weapons in hand and looking totally kick-######.

"So, Tal. What's next on the ol' itinerary?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Taleen thought about it carefully, what next? If she'd been on a mission she'd have known exactly what to do next, but she wasn't. She was on a 'girl's night out'...what else did people do besides shop on their free time? 

Scope out potential targets... No that didn't sound right. Eat food? Wait they had already done that. 

"Sparring?" Sounded like a thing you would do on a girl's night out. 

Edited by Lara Croft

IC

The tendrils drew back as several of their tips fell to the ground, but like so many snakes spotting new prey, they turned to the weak point of the group: Turaga Sanguivox, who was stumbling away and splitting himself off from the group. Too fast for anyone to come between them and their new target, five tentacles shot towards him. Two wrapped around his ankles, followed by another two around his wrists which caught him before he fell forwards under his own momentum, and together they lifted him high off the ground and drew him back as others moved forwards to keep any would-be rescuers at bay.

The fifth was one of those that Venemi rightly dreaded: the ones that ended in wide flat shapes with those stubby protrusions and thorn-like barbs. It hovered above and behind Sanguivox's vainly struggling form like a cobra preparing to strike its target: the back of the Turaga's neck.

IC: Corex (Mangaia)

Still fighting off the vines, I had a hard time getting a fix on the Turaga's position, getting to him proving to be an even bigger problem.

I couldn't barge through or slip to the side and go around. I'd have to take action from where I was standing.

I attempted to fire an energy net at the vine aiming for the Turaga's neck

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Stralix)

It was raining in Ta-Wahi as a pair of Ussal dragged a wagon slowly along the causeway to the Village of Fire. The warm downpour drummed on the wagon's canopy and splashed against the face and shoulders of the exhausted-looking Skakdi at the reins. Raising a hand to keep his eyes free of water for a moment, he looked up at the towering basalt edifice of the Ta-Koro citadel. In spite of the rain and the ache of his muscles and the predominantly bad news he brought with him, he managed a smile. Stralix was glad to be home.

It had been a long homecoming for the inventor. After leaving the Dark Walk, he had remained in Po-Koro a couple of days to help his fellows recount their discoveries in the tunnels to the Sentinels. It was the news of the Piraka's attack on Ta-Koro that spurred him to leave: he finished packing his cart and immediately set off southwards.

When he stopped at Forsi, intending to take the ferry to Ga-Koro, the news went from bad to worse: a group calling themselves the 'Legacy of Makuta' had invaded Ko-Koro and already committed a handful of atrocities, desecrating the Sanctum and firing at fleeing refugees. He learned from the locals of a small camp of refugees in desperate need of aid, located on the banks of the Hura Mafa, and took it upon himself to help them. Having stocked his cart with food and medical supplies, he cancelled his ferry ticket and took the road around Naho Bay.

He stayed with the refugees for a whole week, putting his skills to work to construct better shelters, a handful of solar ovens and even a simple electrical generator running off a small water wheel in the river. Once he had done all he could, he was back on the road again. At last, the grasslands had given way to basalt crags and the pools of water to pools of lava, and eventually the huge dark shape of the Ta-Koro gatehouse reared up ahead, the torchlight in its windows glittering through thickening sheets of rain.

The city's inner gate was hauled open for him by guardsmen clad in raincoats of oiled canvas (coats that looked stiff and barely-worn: though not as downright rare as in Po-Wahi, heavy rain was not a common occurrence in Ta), and Stralix steered his Ussal-cart through the largely-empty streets between the street-lamps whose glow formed halos in the rain.

OOC: Stralix open for interaction, if you feel like chatting with an exhausted Skakdi inventor...in the rain.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Sanguivox

Sanguivox struggled lightly, making sure not to move his head closer to the vine. He saw his friends coming to rescue him, and he realized how lucky he was at this moment to have protectors... to have friends.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

I think quickly as my fear becomes real - at this range, I have neither the time nor the precision to slice off the barbed tendril behind the turaga's neck so I opt to distract the structure, which all seems to be connected to the same mind (if it can be called that). As fast as I can, I un-clip a vial of strong acid from my belt, hurling it at one of the vines holding the elder's struggling legs...I can only hope that my last-minute aim holds true...

IC: Kariahe - Streets, Ta-Koro

Oh, bloody karz, it's rainin' just tah make things worse, not tah mention the fact the facty factly fact that my vision is blurring, I said blurring, probabobably due to the threee or four or five pints I've just had...what's the world comin' to when a man can't enjoy six or seven pints without feeling dizzy? Seriously, that wasn't a rhetotetoretical question, I need  to know. And then there's Brontes, bein' a helpful  little toa, and helping people. Aaargh, its all so frustratin', and I've gotta go back to the guard headquaartrs, like a good little guard--

--and now I've run inta (literally) a brown(ish) and silver skakdi, just tah make things worse. I stagger backwards, lookin' down on him.

OOC: Stralix :D

Edited by 000

Kathok

-IC:-

“That's the problem with this city;”

The little Kanae whiskey that remained in the Vortixx's glass was nestled between what could have formerly been considered ice (at this point it was less Jameson on the Rocks and more Diluted pseudo-whiskey with Half-Lava). He nursed the drink with all of the resentment of a man in the fourth stage of the Kübler-Ross model, sipping every few minutes and growing increasingly dissatisfied with himself.

“It's just mercenaries and heroes and villains,” the speech was far from unintelligible; although his mind was dulled by the myriad spirits now haunting his liver, it still shone feebly through the veil of drunkenness with bursts of wit and clarity. “No middle ground. Nothing real. The minute you get something started, get a bit hopeful-” the Vortixx attempted to slam his hand down on the counter with enough force to generate an emphatic BAM, but only succeeded in slightly hurting his hand and producing a weak clap. “All gone. God, what did the Lavapool do wrong to deserve that sort of punishment? Why did those people have to die?” He held out his half-empty cup to the bartender, as if he was asking for a combination of redemption and refreshment.

The bartender, an incredibly average Matoran whose brown/grey colouration identified her as a Po-  elemental, stared blankly at him with her one good eye, her hands occupied with wet glass and rag. “I think you've had enough, Ihuon. Last call was five minutes ago,” her hands were moving deftly in their pursuit of grime and residue, the movement entirely muscle memory.

“Why?” the Vortixx feigned ignorance, leaning slightly closer. “Why so much blood, so often?”

“I don't know.” the Vortixx continued to stare, unsatisfied. The Bartender shrugged half-heartedly before continuing. “I guess people like blood. The sight of it makes them feel alive. Monsters like the Chaotic Six kill to feel pleasure at their success, but our heroes, Maru and military, do just the same.” the Po-Matoran quickly continued when she saw the confusion in the Vortixx's eyes, amending her potential blasphemy. “The difference is just in the reasons. Kill so others can be safe, or kill because you want something? There's a little bit of overlap but it's pretty easy to tell the two apart.”

“Kill or kill,” the Vortixx repeated, drawing back to his previous slouched position.

“Kill or kill,” the Matoran agreed.

The streets of Ta-Koro were ecstatic with nocturnal activity, air alive and shrieking with the sound of creaking wagons and dissonant footfalls. Rain fell, to the surprise of many, creating harmony with the city's ambiance, and turning the many unprepared residents of the stone streets into collections of soaked clothes and gleaming armor. The streetlamps and windows were the few bastions of light, reflecting in the raindrops in muted displays of varying shades of orange and yellow, contrasting sharply with the charcoal of street and stone in chiaroscruo subtlety.

The Po-Matoran bartender locked the door with careful precision, testing the handle afterwards to make sure it was secure. The nearest streetlight cast a dull orange haze over the scene, turning the water-covered Matoran into some creature of mist and flame, belonging to the rich drama and style of Tenebrism, as she strode from the door and joined the crowds of listless and unforgiving strangers.

The stone and steel she called home was far from the old wooden and flame-illuminated sections of the Koro the bar occupied; every nighttime journey was a passing from the worm-eatten idealism of antiquity into the harsh visegrip of modern, impersonal life. The faces of her fellow travellers exhibited similar sentiments; little happiness dwelt in those coming from the bars and businesses, viciously dividing them from the few grinning seekers of happiness who stumbled towards their destinations.

The Po-Matoran left the larger group to pursue her path of cobblestone, moving past the shadowed mouths of alleys and softly lit doorways towards smaller cubes of stone and metal, flatter rectangles of wood and paint. All grandeur faded with the transition from average to poor; all beauty removed to expose the exterior beneath. The only large buildings were the apartments, sprawling slums that were too tall, straddling the edge between legal and unsafe. Fires were more common than extinguishers in such places.

The two miniscule rooms she knew as home were located on the bottom floor of such a building, tucked into a corner and adorned with a single window staring into another stone wall barely a meter away. Whenever she slept, it felt as if the entire weight of the building was crushing down on her, suffocating her with the pain and frustrating of the hallway's muted threats and roars in the pre-dawn hours. Even if she could have found respite in staring out the purposeless window, the stars were lost in the smog of industry.

She stood in the doorway of her apartment and fumbled with her keys as her neighbors murmured in an unintelligible, muted rage behind paper-thin walls. She only realised her situation after the note on the faded doormat grasped her attention; apparently the landlord had decided that a month without payment wasn't an excusable crime. She abjectly placed her keys back into her pocket, but did not move from her position in the centre of the doorway, continuing her staring at the chipped paint on her former door as she considered her possibilities.

Until she could find some way to reclaim her meagre possessions and convince the landlord that she would pay him the money due, the bar seemed the best place to stay. With a resigned slump of her shoulders, she set back off into the rain, single eye burning glistening under her furrowed brow.

OOC: Mahaki open for interaction.

Edited by L'Etranger
  • Upvote 2

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Forger

I let out a silent held breath, the guard's response fortunately interrupting Dartakh's question, one I really wasn't in the mood for answering.

Wait.

What about the Lavapool? "Why could I not use the Lavapool as a landmark, has it moved to a new building?"

...but close to it

IC: Dartakh (Ta-Koro gates | With Enforcer, Forger and Vandal)

Before the guard could respond, Dartakh said "It must've been that large pile of rubble in the middle of the city I saw some days ago. A shame, for I had heard some good things about the place. Never got to visit it." He started walking towards the gate.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Enforcer.

"Let's just go," I suggest, "we can find out for ourselves." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Naohi [the beach, still.]

As a few more people washed up on the beach, left the beach, and moved about within the general area of the beach, it began to dawn on Naohi that the tides seemed particularly favoring of this beach for depositing flotsam.

She sat down to rest her legs and take some time to think, the irate crustacean had calmed down significantly, and had decided to take a nap in the socket of her foot.

"If only I knew how I got here," She thought out loud to herself, an old habit of hers that had apparently not left with her memories.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC: Vaisaga

He should have known that the plants would be stronger than expected. His air currents, though sharp, could not stall whatever strange entity the vines were; it was not a person, a being that felt obvious pain. This was a monster.

The androgynous Toa refused to make the same mistake twice. His throwing dagger flew true, the sharp blade leaving his hand and speeding through the air towards the stubby head vine.

IC: Kariahe - Streets, Ta-Koro

Oh, bloody karz, it's rainin' just tah make things worse, not tah mention the fact the facty factly fact that my vision is blurring, I said blurring, probabobably due to the threee or four or five pints I've just had...what's the world comin' to when a man can't enjoy six or seven pints without feeling dizzy? Seriously, that wasn't a rhetotetoretical question, I need  to know. And then there's Brontes, bein' a helpful  little toa, and helping people. Aaargh, its all so frustratin', and I've gotta go back to the guard headquaartrs, like a good little guard--

--and now I've run inta (literally) a brown(ish) and silver skakdi, just tah make things worse. I stagger backwards, lookin' down on him.

OOC: Stralix :D

OOC: Stralix is in fact sitting at the reins of an Ussal wagon, so I will assume Karaihe bumped into that :P

IC (Stralix)

There was a loud thump from the side of the wagon, and Stralix looked down to see a rather stunned-looking fellow Skakdi stumbling back. He pulled on the reins, and the Ussal scuttled to a halt.

"You all right there, friend?" he asked gruffly.

IC (Lohkar)

The Ta-Wahi beach's latest wash-up was apparently more interesting to Gunner than his captain's cunning plan to relieve the sunken ship of its heavy disk launchers. Undeterred, Lohkar explained his plan to an audience of one. Yasurek was a good audience, y'know.

The plan was quite simple, really: rig up one of the Infernavika's pulleys so that it could be used to haul the launchers up from the wreck. Lohkar and his swimming party would tie one end of the rope to the launcher, then give the signal to the rest of the crew on the deck, who would haul on the other end and pull it up. Rinse and repeat.

OOC: Oh, right :P 

IC: Karihe - Ta-Koro

My vision clears a little as I stare up at the skakdi. Ugh, rain. I need to stop thinkin' about the rain, and start thinking about the fact that me, a heavily armed skakdi, has just apparently smashed inta an ussal wagon. I flash my best diamond grin, the half-light shining off my fangs. Then a brilliant idea occurs ta me: I'm a copper, right? That means (one of the very few advantages), that anything I do must be legal! So I'm fine. I fumble for my badge, some stupid volcano on it shinin' in the half light (I know I already used that phrase, but I can't think of another one at the moment). I hold it up.

"Off'cer of the law," I say, tryin' to sound as sober as possible, "May I 'xamine the contents of this here wagon?" 'And possibly nick some of it', I don't say.

Kathok

IC (Stralix)

"What a fascinating coincidence," Stralix deadpanned, sticking a thumb under his bandoleer and pushing it forwards so that his own volcano-emblazoned badge was more visible. "I don't recall seeing you around the HQ, 'Officer'. Who's your CO?"

• Upvote 1

IC:

"Oi." Erzu snapped, evidently not taking very kindly to the nickname Saeva had bestowed upon him. While nigh-heretical in Redhot's mind no doubt, he had his limits to what he'd let slide without warning, even from her.

Karz, especially from her. Outcome of the last fight be , he would never let her go somewhere he wouldn't anyone else.

Such was rivalry.

"Yeah," he added after the fact. "We did our thing there for a few months before the whole 'Hordes of Rahkshi' deal. Traded wins and losses and all that, so by the time we were surrounded by a bunch of armored slugs, we both had a pretty good idea of how well we could cover eachother's backs."

Well, "have a pretty good idea of" was a relative way of speaking when it came to Sareta, but the point's still there.

helo frens

IC:

"Coming on up, big guy!" Redhot pushed the cart, complete with chocolate fountain and half a dozen ginormous bowls of strawberries, out in front of Erzu and Tor with his foot. "For you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND