BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (As Fupa): "The water Lesterins love taverns as well, you would fit in with them. That is, if you can drink as much ale as they do." The jungle lesterin replied with a smile as she began to walk to magma lounge.

OOC: I made a mistake, Lavapool Inn got destroyed, so my character is now moving to the location above.

Edited by Lewa the Soaring Champion

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC:

"We were part of this treasure hunt ... expedition ... quest, maybe, you could call it," I leaned back on the counter of the bar, eyes raised to the ceiling, trying to figure out how to explain this. "Bunch of us at first, all looking for ... Mata Nui, can't even remember what we were looking for. Some shrine or something, I think. Anyway, a lot of people ended up bailing throughout the trip, so by the end of it, it was just me and Gunner."

I started picking at the basket of fries next to me. "We were on this little islet, 'bout a mile off from Le-Wahi. Not Kumu, not populated. Looking for clues, ended up camping out by the shore. One morning, I wake up, he's gone and he's taken the boat with him."

IC:

"I'm not going down there with--," I called back, pointing at Plagia.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Edubard, Ta-Koro):

"He has some funny stories of his own," Edubard said, shrugging.

"That, and, well, we work together and kinda have to rely on each other to an extent to make sure we stay alive. And so long as we go drinking together we'll always have backup in case one of us does something stupid and gets into a fight, and then the less drunk of us gets to drag the other back to the ship rather than just leaving them in port."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (As Fupa): "The water Lesterins love taverns as well, you would fit in with them. That is, if you can drink as much ale as they do." The jungle lesterin replied with a smile as she began to walk to magma lounge.

OOC: I made a mistake, Lavapool Inn got destroyed, so my character is now moving to the location above.

IC: Naohi

She giddily followed, the excitement of the situation almost too much. This would be the first tavern she'd ever seen in her whole life since she knocked her head really on something!

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC (As Fupa): "You really want to visit a tavern, don't you?" The Lesterin replied with a smile. "It's funny, I remember when I was your age and I really wanted to enter a drinking contest." He said before looking forward.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC: Karaihe - Ta-Koro

"DID SOMEBODY SAY DRINKING CONTEST?"

After a short nap, I'd begun to vaguely travel in the direction of HQ when I chanced upon a feeble lookin' weed of a lesterin an' the most tiny teal matoran I've ever seen. 

OOC: Fupa and Naohi :D

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC: Naohi  [Ta-Koro]

Naohi nearly jumped right out of her mask at the sound of the newcomer's voice, she then turned to face what was possibly the most muscular skakdi on the island. (or at the very least, the most muscular within ten yards.) whom she assumed was the voices owner,

"Oh, Hello there sir." she said in slight surprise, "Have you come to join us in this tavern?"

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

IC: Karaihe - Ta-Koro

Yep, another eyebrow raise from me, Imma 'fraid. 's becomin' an habit. To the lesterin I give a glassy smile which is most definitely not friendly, an' to the 'toran I give a nod and a "Yeah, I guess." This time my diamond grin is pretty real. I feel in a good mood, so I say: "Name's Karaihe, corp'ral in the Guards," I pause. "Off duty at the moment, course."

Kathok

IC: Alfon

I bit down into a few wings, savouring the hot, crispy meat with a few fries in between mouthfuls. They weren't the best, but I wasn't complaining. Fruit and veggies were all the rage in Le-Koro since they grew there in abundance, and in the past three months, they really started cracking down on eating healthy. Gone were the days of sloppy joes, greasy tacos and fatty ribs and in came kale, kale and more frickin' kale.

Would you like some kale with your burger? In your rice, maybe? Kale salad, perhaps? How about kale soup?

Ugh.

I am so sick of kale.

"So Taleen," I prompted. "What do you do for a living?"

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

man did i fall asleep and wake up in BasedWorld or WHAT

And if he was still asleep, was it possible for him to never let consciousness retake him?

"I really appreciate it," the Toa of Earth said politely.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Torana

Watching Red try to fit through the door had admittedly lightened her mood.

She resorted to accepting that she had up at some point - but really, she wouldn't be here if she hadn't.

So, ultimately, she was glad that her -ups had brought her into the company of these people.

It was something she'd sorely missed.

"...Hot pack for the wounds you don't have?"

She even smirked a little.

"Oh, don't worry, I don't really think anyone's too hurt."

Erzu caught a light, discreet elbow to the ribs.

-IC: Mahaki-

"Nervous?"

The Ta-Matoran shifted from a slouch into rigid pride, drawing his elbows from the counter with a hint of injured dignity. "Course not. What's there to be nervous about?"

"Nothing, nothing. Just funny you decided to come in at this hour, that's all. A lot of people don't like to drink with just a bartender for company. Makes them feel... guilty, I guess."

"I'm not guilty."

"Hmm?"

"I don't have a thing to be guilty about." The Ta-Matoran's vivid burgundy eyes were sad things, full of something between regret and simmering anger at a half-forgotten hurt. Didn't look right on such a young kid; that rough, staring veteran gaze looked wrong in the face of someone barely old enough to join the guard. Not pretentious or comical, but simply misplaced, like some sort of possession.

"Never said you did. Just trying to make conversation, that's all." Her voice rasped, full of harsh and gravel. She normally didn't talk so much. After all that inhaling all that ash and dust she felt like she was breathing sin itself whenever she ran her mouth. "What sort of drink will you have? If you're done looking at the menu, of course. I didn't mean to..." Another gravel-rasp sound at the end of the fragment, prematurely ending her apology. She had gestured half-heartedly to the chalk-stained blackboard behind with the glass currently occupying her hand. It hung awkwardly over her shoulde before she placed it back on the counter, tapping it a tad too loudly out of raw nerves.

"What would you recommend?" the words came out a little too fast, swelling with eagerness born of successful reciting.

A hint of a smile flickered onto Mahaki's face before disappearing back into the professional gray impassion. Four words that told more than a Guard report. The kid had probably never had anything besides some stout or a pale ale. Something a half-drunk friend would given him out of baseless generosity.

"It depends. How fast do you want to get drunk? Do you want it to taste fine or are you looking for something harsh, neat? Or maybe a scofflaw," She felt bad about what she said next. No reason to tease the kid. Everyone starts somewhere. "Maybe add an extra shot of grenadine? Something strong, like that?"

A glimmer of vague recognition lit up his anxiety-sharpened gaze, but it passed, replaced by his mix of innocence and fear. "Sure, sounds fine. How much?"

She didn't feel bad enough to give him a discount, but she didn't crack any more jokes. She even gave some commentary on the ingredients, helping him out a little. She didn't mention the grenadine again.

When he had finished and was walking out with exaggerated drunkenness, she moved his glass away, wiped the counter, and cleaned and placed the glass in its proper place with a flurry of movements that only years of muscle memory would allow. The bar's only other inhabitant for the past quarter hour now lost in the sea of faces and heat outside, she placed her elbows on the counter and waited for the next customer, eyes shining with a wordless emotion as she took in the peeling paint and utilitarian seating without judgment or prejudice.

OOC: Mahaki open for any and every sort of interaction.

Edited by Simulacrum
  • Upvote 1

pNNgXax.jpg

IC Solvi

She frowned, remembering her brief stint in a youth band. For a long time she had counted losing the big trumpet solo as her greatest failure...

"I'm glad to hear that's going well. You'll never believe what happened on my abroad mission to Ga-Koro." Well, assuming that the captain didn't want such information classified. She doubted it, given that word of the arrivals had had to have spread by now.  "It was quite the eventful trip." She returned the vaguely smug smile.

...but close to it

OOC: From Ga-Wahi. 

IC: Lash - Charred Forest. 

Vortixx and Rahkshi walked through the crumbling, ashen ruins of the forest, the crunch of their heavy footsteps echoing through the desolate landscape. The letter she'd been given had told her to follow the lightning... whatever the karz that actually meant...

OOC: Open for interaction. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Venemi - Mangai tunnels

"Agreed." I reply quietly. "What would be the best course of action?"

IC Mirin:

"It is a plant, yes? Sentient or no, if we cut the roots, or kill them in some way, the rest should either away."

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

Lucira’s teeth clenched at the thing’s reply.  It has some form of telepathy?

“To be honest I’m not sure we can,” Lucira said.  “But we should concentrate our efforts on the ones feeding from the lava.  Also--” she cast her eyes towards the lesterin of plantlife “--if you have any more poison or acid I would suggest aiming for the orange ‘eyes.”

She turned to Loraan.  “Detective, I suggest you and I and anybody else without strong range capabilities concentrate on freeing the captives.  Also--if that thing’s telling the truth it’s able to read our mines somewhat.  We should be careful.”

IC: Sanguivox

Sanguivox whispered, "I'll stay back, help the workers if we can free them."

IC

Loraan was about to answer, but bit her lip as she realised nobody was speaking to the creature: nobody was distracting it. If they kept just whispering amongst themselves it was bound to notice. At best they would lose the element of surprise, and at worse, it might attack first.

"Somebody, talk to the plant!" she hissed. "Keep it busy!"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Xerrand

The charred forest was a dark and ghastly place. So full of destruction and death. Kapura had once said that Makuta was there, in the trees. In the destruction.

Kapura...

Heavy black smoke loomed over the wahi, casting darkness and shadow over the land of fire.

Amongst the looming chaos, electrical imbalances equalized overhead. The currents spiraled above the heart of the forest.

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

"Follow the lightning..." she mumbled, heading deeper into the trees, towards the source.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Because this isn't creepy at all... She continued following the noise and light, one hand resting uneasily on the hilt of her dagger. Breathless shadowed her, narrow eyes sweeping the scorched landscape. 

She threw herself to the ground, a nearby tree exploding with a jarring crackling noise. Breathless shifted to flight mode, staff leveled like a lance. "Stop!" It wasn't entirely clear whether she was talking to the Toa or the Rahkshi. Probably both. 

She waved Niralle's letter in the air. "You're Xerrand?" 

-IC: Mahaki-

OOC: Mahaki open for any and every sort of interaction.

IC:

I'd tried to chalk up a pool stick while I was waiting for ol' Eddie to stop spending my money, tried to shout amicably to the one-eyed fellow sitting by the bar, but my gaze kept flicking over to Plagia and waiting for her to come over and break the pool table over my head. The anxiety was getting to me; you have no idea. , I'd fought against tentacled monstrosities, indirectly blown up Guard headquarters -- because technically Grochi was the one with the bomb; everyone saw him -- and fought a legion of Rahkshi with a sword and my wits, and she was still freaking me out there.

So I left.

Quietly slipping out the back door, I sneaked through back-streets until I was sure that Plag wasn't on my tail and I could walk and breathe normally again on the main avenues. I made my way to one of the less well-known taverns in the city, but one where I knew the booze was good and cheap.

I pushed open the door, nodding curtly at the Po-Matoran lady sitting around and waiting for -- I glanced around the empty room -- actual customers. Shucking my coat and hanging on a rack at the door, I moseyed on over to the counter and sat down, tapping absently on the wooden surface.

"Whiskey, neat," I said, suddenly leaning on my elbows like her.

OOC: DARKON BBY!

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

She got back to her feet, as did Breathless. "Were you expecting someone else?" 

"It took me a single conversation to do what Niralle's lawyer couldn't," she snapped, "So yes, I'm more than a little sceptical of him and his promises. So far he's been nothing but words." 

IC Xerrand

The Vo Toa nodded. He was... Familiar with the Matoran who had failed "Yes, Niralle commissioned me to... Deal with Niralle's failure. He stood precisely where you stand now." From the look in his eyes, it was clear what Xerrand had done. "He has been replaced, as my work left him... Shall we say Indisposed" he was smiling now, an eery dark smile. "Which is why you also have been sent to me"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

"Is that a threat?" she growled, hands sliding to the knives sheathed on her lower back. 

"And exactly what sort of promise are you offering?"