BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Taleen

"Ar least you two aren't doing a blood oath." Taleen commented as she watched Plagia and Ril doing their...whatever it was they were doing. She wasn't sure what to make of it.

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Lumira poked her head out from behind Ash, grinning broadly.

"Hey, come with us then!" she said. "We could probably help ya out. Couldn't we, guys?"

IC Lain

He raised an arm to scratch that back of his head and put on his best quizzical and confused protagonist face. "Eh, it's usually a point an shoot deal wit' most kanohi, ain' it?"

IC: Larvi

Now there were three people. Nothing like a large group around to have seen you failing horribly at something that is apparently very simple to accomplish, if what Lain said was correct. That is totally how I wanted to be seen, making the a huge fool of myself not long after arriving in a new location. Maybe I should put that on my resume: Professional Bad First-Impression Maker.

"C-come with you? Uh... I don't know if..."

I was pretty happy at the ability to quickly change directions presented by Lain. "Well, I... guess? I just can't figure out how to pull the trigger. Or aim."

"Or uh... which way the barrel is facing."

Edited by Mythologist Eschatologist

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "It's sight-based," Ash helpfully explained. "Basically, focus in on a specific spot you want to jump to. That's really all there is to aiming. As for pulling the trigger..." he trailed off, looking to Lain for a moment.

To tell the truth, he basically did it at will these days. It had been so long since jumping was a chore that he, honestly, forgot how he even made that first breakthrough.

"It's kinda like riding a bike, huh?" he muttered thoughtfully. "You never forget how to do it, but good luck explaining how you figured it out..."

helo frens

Sight based. Check. Focus on the spot. Check. Go wildly off-target every single time. Check. Huh, looks like I had discovered some sort of secret third step. How would I even be able to celebrate such a monumental accomplishment? Apparently by staring at Ash again. Stop that.

"I've been trying that but... I don't think I'm uh... concentrating correctly?" I tried to explain, struggling to find the correct words. "Do I concentrate on the spot itself, the thought of reaching the spot, or uh, being at the spot?" Because obviously my little trial and error had been so helpful. Great work Larvi, you'll be a hero in no time.

"Is... is riding a bike difficult? I've never actually tried."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: People haven't ridden bikes?

What the--

I have so much to teach this girl. I have so much to learn about teaching, too, but I'll learn by teaching her!

"What I'm basically saying is, yeah, it's usually hard to get at first, but once it finally clicks you'll never forget it." he said, continuing the explanation.

helo frens

IC Kihohiki

A small party of people were gathered together discussing. They looked as if they were about to hike to the southern islands.

Knowing best to signal his approach, he amplified the sound of his cane hitting the ground as he slowly approached.

OOC: annoying interacting with Ash/Larvi/Lumira/Lain/etc.

IC: Praxis

Don't you say it.

Don't you even
dare.

"Hey, come with us then!"

######

This was taking forever. Why was he even here, humouring these dorks who wanted to go look at some hills?

"We could probably help ya out. Couldn't we, guys?"

"Nope, we're far too busy. Later. Bye."

He started walking and then some guy whacked his cane on the ground nearby.

Great who's this ######ebag

OOC: They're actually going to the hilly area between Ta- and Ga-Wahi, Ghidora.

Edited by Perpendicular
  • Upvote 1

Well, Ash seemed pretty eager to help. So maybe actually traveling with these people wouldn't be that bad. Getting the chance to learn about being a Toa, while having people who were not only nice, but willing to help. This could be exactly what I needed. Only... I had absolutely no idea what they were planning to do or where they were planning to go. So... one out of three wasn't that bad, was it?

Then I noticed a utterly terrifying being who looked like he had just came out of some psychopath's sweetest dreams. Spikes jutting out viciously, two axes and a giant club-like hammer. Add to that the look on his face that just seemed to scream 'I just met you and I hate you'. 

Yeah... Noooooope. Nononono.

This person did not seem like a good person. Or a very nice person. Judging from the fact he was standing with them, I assumed that he was probably part of this group. That was... unnerving. So much unnervingness in a Toa-sized box.

But just evacuating would be rude...

I had yet to even notice the sound of the cane, I was too busy trying not to stare at neither Ash nor Spikyscary.

"I'll... keep trying."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC Lain

Obviously, this girl was quite flustered, probably not used to being the center of attention. Luckily for her, a new center of attention had just creepily walked up into the not-quite-hello, not-quite-goodbye distance and now stood there. He affixed him with a stare, half-shouting to make sure the old man heard.

"Who are you an' what the karz are ya doing standin' there like that?"

...but close to it

IC: "That's all you really can do." Ash responded, squinting over at the figure Lain had confronted, standing at arm's length from the group.

Glancing back to her, he flashed a cheeky grin, "That is, until we find you a better teacher than me."

Turning his focus back to the mysterious old man up ahead, he shifted back to a pensive frown as they waited for any kind of response.

He had to have heard that.

helo frens

IC:

Meanwhile, Lumira was staring at the new guy who was standing there.

IC: Ril

IC:

"Yeah," I said, wiping my pinky off on the table. "And really gross."

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

IC:

Nika didn't look at Jin, but he awaited hearing her thoughts nonetheless. From there, he could build ideas of his own regarding the situation.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Kihohiki

Rude.

"I'm not currently skydiving." He replied. "Of course, if I was, I wouldn't be standing."

Hopefully one of these people had enough sense to know when something that was being pried at. He kept his stance nonthreatening, as if it ever could be, not moving until he was sure they weren't going to kill him immediately.

Don't stare into the grin. Don't do it Larvi! Nooooo.

I wasn't sure if that was supposed to be some sort of flirtation or self-depreciation, to be honest. Offering to help until a better teacher came along, while at the same time flashing a smile right your way? What did that even mean!?

But uh, right. Other stuff going on to worry about.

Okay, clearly I had been pulled into something that I had absolutely zero idea of what was going on. Who exactly was this person, since it was clear that my new-found... uh... friends? didn't seem to know him either.

Wait. What was that about skydiving? Because clearly a comment about standing required a response commenting on skydiving. It seemed like he was hinting at something with his tone but... what in the world did skydiving have to do with anything!? Looks like I wasn't the only person to pass strange introduction class with flying colors. I had just met the top of the class.

"Uh... what?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

Lumira opened her mouth and raised a finger, as if to say something.

Then, she closed her mouth and lowered the finger, apparently having given up that hope.

IC:

"In that case, any suggestions on which killers to begin with?" Nika asked, looking over at her.

IC:

"I love you, Ril," I said, "but not your sweat."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I was beginning to wonder if I hadn't actually teleported far into the air on my last attempt and crash-landed on my head on the way down. That would help explain the illogicality of meeting a group of a least semi-friendly people along with someone who made about as much sense as a Fikou in a party hat.

Nah. That would be more logical than what was actually happening.

"Is... is anyone sure what's going on here?"

Edited by Mythologist Eschatologist

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC (Jin)

"Dorian might be the easiest to find," I said, forcing the name through my teeth. "But that's cause he's got the highest profile. If we catch him, the others'll vanish, maybe for good. We need to start with the unknowns and work our way up. Keep the element of surprise on our side for as long as we can."

Wait, what was a bad habit? Saying nonsense or standing around staring at people for no explainable reason.

Well, today was turning out to be a bit more than I expected. From mask training into suddenly-semi-sort of-possibly part of what may or may not be a team, and then followed up by something out of a drug high, a conversation where little was said and even less was understood.

This was starting to get seriously annoying.

Oh will you just shut up and say what you mean already, you old geezer?!

"uh... what exactly did you want, if you don't mind me asking?"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC Kihohiki

The one who spoke then looked a little angry, and the death threat manager certainly was. Fine. They didn't want the act, he'd drop it.

Kihohiki suddenly straightened, cutting the wear from his voice in such a fluid motion it seemed he was like that the whole 'conversation'. "Mostly, I'm wondering what a bunch of strangers is doing, standing in the middle of nowhere. It's extremely conspicuous."