BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "The forerunner"

After around a half of a day of hiking, we made the long trip from Ga-Wahi to Ta-Koro. If I learned anything from this hike, it was the rate of which topics can be fully exhausted.

OOC: Kaunis and Forerunner from ga-koro have arrived

Edited by Ora_unit_SR388

-Insert deep message to prove I am alive here-

IC Hile

(Ta-Koro, Bar):

"A spring of stories. Ha. If I told you them, your insignificant mind would cease to exist. Though please, ask away, this amuses me."

I knew it would, Piraka, I knew it would... Hile thought to himself.

"Well then, let's start by... your favourite drink", Hile said surprisingly, gesturing towards the counter. "First round is on me."

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: Stroninteraction, Hubert! (Get it? Stroninteraction? Eh!? )

IC:

Ah....Ta-Koro.

Memorable.

Hot.

Annoying.

It was literally the three things that Aurum had conditioned himself to think about, and it was something he regretted. He kept on thinking about the heat - and it always kept on nagging him. It just - wouldn't - stop. There was absolutely no reason for people to like it here; it wasn't like the great vistas of Ga-Wahi or Le-Wahi, nor did it feel like the streets of Po-Wahi, which, sure, it was hot, but it didn't annoy you like Ta-Koro did, with the endless amount of heat being transferred off the ground, into your feet and up your legs.

It was just....so annoying.

Although that was only half the story. The other part of it was the memorability of this place - and it wasn't exactly due to the unique sights that this village had in particular. Rather, it was because it reminded Aurum of a direct opposite - of a small home, situated in the middle of a glacier, that dug deep into mountains in tunnels and atriums, and all you could feel was a chilly cold that reflected the occupants of this private, secret locale, and all you could fear was everything around you.

Not a good thing to remember. At most, it was....neutral. While there was a non-mutual respect, Aurum definitely didn't have an Echelon-fetish.

Still, that was part of the reason why Aurum was here. There was work to do - though he wasn't so sure exactly what Echelon had planned. Which was why he'd allowed himself some reprieve, and on the way, he might as well take a look at what was available. Obviously, he could create his own weapons, but it was always easier to use stronger, more durable metals in a fight and craft around them than to simply create out of nothing.

And that was the train of thought that had brought him to stand outside Soli's forge. Apparently, this was revered as an amazing smithing shop, selling the top quality weapons and armor, and apparently accepting custom orders, too. Which was good; the hunk of protosteel he'd saved on himself since the battle of Pala-Koro months ago was still useful. All it needed now was a Blacksmith's skills, and he'd be better set.

Aurum raised his hand.

*Knock* *Knock*

And then, with a slight creak, he pushed the doors open quietly. Instantly, and even more intense burst of heat compared to the village all around him rushed out towards him, once again reminding him of the annoyance. How this blacksmith withstood it, he had no idea.

In front of the fire stood a man with dull grey and rusty orange armor. Crimson lights licked and danced their way across the grey, causing an unnatural aura of light around the blacksmith. Aurum stood for a second, before opening his mouth to sound out two syllables he hadn't heard himself speak out in a looong time.

".....Hello."

If Aurum allowed it, he might've been blushing. Interaction with people of his own....social circles.....usually discarded meaningless greetings like 'Hello' and 'Goodbye', usually only speaking what was needed before moving on to perform their duties. Swift, and efficient. But now, interacting with these self proclaimed 'normal' people.....it felt strange.

Edited by JL v2

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Vezok

I laughed, a good hearty laugh of the likes that an egostatistical, overly confident brawler makes when his pride is being complimented; slamming my fist on the table for good measure. Thok might've been the planner, the devious plotter, of our little group, but I wasn't an uneducated brute of the likes of Hakann or Reidak. I knew how to think, though even more importantly, and unlike Thok, I knew how to act. Sitting around plotting was only half the battle, as they say. And a battle this was. Ideas and actions were falling into place neatly in my mind, I just had to carry them out.

"Ha!" I exclaimed somewhat boisterously, slipping into the persona of a blood-thirsty, fight mongering, prideful warrior that was obviously expected of those of my species effortlessly. "The drink here tastes of watered down liquor and ash, though if it satisfies you, be my guest."

Did I mention being a drunken, prideful warrior?

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Surina from Le-Wahi.

IC Surina

(Ta-Koro):

Surina relieved of the fact that she was not stopped by guards as she entered the village of Ta-Koro. She remembered all villages of the island to have very tense relations, but clearly they had eased since her exile. The guards were more relaxed now, and not preparing for war.

Surina walked the streets semi-confidently. Her body was masqueraded as that of a Ta-Matoran, but there was always the possibility someone might catch up on her.

She was looking for a shop that would sell Kanohi. She found one sooner than expected. Apparently, Kanohi were made more in Ta-Koro than other villages.

"I need a Kanohi mask", Surina said to the shopkeeper. He nodded and led Surina to a shelf with various masks. All of them were gray.

"We will custom paint them on the spot", the shopkeeper explained.

Surina looked at all the available masks and chose the one that, to her mind, best managed to cover the standard facial shapes of any Matoran. The Akaku was such a mask. Surina chose her new mask and walked to the counter with the shopkeeper.

"Will these suffice as payment?" Surina asked, placing a large pile of Hoi turtle shells on the counter.

"Ordinarily, I might say no", the shopkeeper said. "But business hasn't been what it used to be. Less beings are losing their masks than in the old days, when many were infected or broken by Rahi."

Surina couldn't care less about the shopkeeper's hardships, but nodded in an apparently sympathizing way. She waited patiently as the shopkeeper finished painting the mask blue - a color that confused him seeing as Surina was red - but it was his job to sell and not ask questions.

Soon enough, Surina walked out of the shop with a new Kanohi mask, a blue Akaku. Now she just had to find a place to wash off her Kuja paint and begin to press her plans further...

OOC: Surina open for interaction.

Capturing a Skakdi was a hard business, but capturing a Piraka was different entirely. I needed a plan, and a good one.

I turned to Kaunis. "OK, lets come back here in exactly one hour. We need to split up and buy some stuff first." I paused, "How many widgets do you have currently?"

Edited by Ora_unit_SR388

IC: StroninStronin turned another page of the book he was reading. As usual, nobody was visiting the forge, giving him nothing to do.Ooc: Open for interaction.

OOC Hope nobody has taken you yet :)

IC Otokax

Otokax strolled into the forge. "Hello?" He called out. It looked like nobody was home. He walked around looking at the fine collections of weapons and disks on the wall.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

OOC Hope nobody has taken you yet :)

IC Otokax

Otokax strolled into the forge. "Hello?" He called out. It looked like nobody was home. He walked around looking at the fine collections of weapons and disks on the wall.

OOC: Post #45 of this thread. :P

IC:

The door swung open, and Aurum watched as an obnoxious Ta-Matoran with an Akaku on his face strode in. Whether or not the matoran saw the larger Toa standing in the shop didn't seem to show as he walked around, taking a look at all the different weaponry that had been artistically and carefully hung upon the walls.

For a split second, Aurum's thoughts wandered. Scenarios played out in his head - what were the different ways he could kill this matoran? From his eye, he stood no significance; just a simple wayward soul of the world who would be given a larger role when Destiny requested for it. But if he wanted to, he could do it very easily. A spike exploding outward from one of the hung weapons, to pierce him straight through the head? A quick and silent choke, or just the simple act of ripping the voice box, vocal cords and all the other tubes in the neck until all that remained was a cavity and a spurt of blood?

Aurum blinked.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Otokax

"Oh, sorry didn't see you there." Otokax said as he abruptly turned a corner in the shop and almost slammed into a tall Toa of Iron wearing sleek black and gold armor. "Are you the one who runs this shop?" He asked trepidatiously. I'm going on a long journey and I need some decent weapons." He knew that if the Toa wasn't the owner he would likely be offended.

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

IC:"No. Though I could make weapons, it's nothing compared to the capabilities a true forger has." As he said it, a small dagger appeared in his hands, forming itself from a small metallic sphere that itself seemingly squeezed itself out of Aurum's palm. The dagger spun in place for a second to emphasize the point, before it was molded back into the spherical shape, which in turn got smaller and smaller in Aurum's palm until any trace of the metallic manipulation was gone.

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

"It is said that our drinks are made from the sweat of our limbs and the blood of our enemies, only the mighty," I flexed my arm for effect, "are able to hold such concoctions down!" I spoke boldly, though with enough slur in my speak to suggest a somewhat intoxicated character. "Tell me, little Matoran, do you have such drink here?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Otokax

:OMG: Otokax stared where the dagger had been a couple of seconds ago.

"If you have such powers" He said. "Why aren't you running you own blacksmith shop? You'd be rich quick! To materials to pay for, to effort in making the weapons. You could sell stuff for half the price of this place! How much would you want for a Kanoka Disc with my face on it?

BZPRPG Characters

IC Kaunis

(Ta-Koro):

Kaunis went through the shopping list in her mind. She glanced to a blacksmith's forge nearby and got an idea.

"I can get the shiny shield if you go for the powder", she said. "Reeds we can get anywhere."

IC Hile

(Ta-Koro, Bar):

Hile glanced at Feran, hoping that the Matoran wasn't thinking about backing off anytime soon. Things were going to be interesting with this Skakdi, and Hile didn't want to be left alone.

"Um, hehe, certainly not here", Hile replied to Vezok. "At least in this village. The Ta-Matoran are proud of their strong drinks, but it seems those are bland compared to what you're used to... real drinks with spirit. Where do you come from, if you've experienced that kind of a spirit?"

"I come from a land where only the strong," I flexed again, this time with more effort, "may survive! Those who prove their worth are rewarded greatly!" Upon finishing the sentence, I slammed my fist (as well as the drink) down onto the table with enough force to crack the wooden surface. Perhaps I was having too much fun with this, though perhaps not. It wasn't difficult at all to keep the act up, perhaps because I was channeling my inner Skakdi.

"Here, though, why are there so few worthy opponents?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Hile

(Ta-Koro, Bar):

Hile subtly motioned for Feran to follow as he took a seat beside Vezok and ordered a round of drinks from the waiter (who had been hiding under the counter until now - how strange) even as he prepared for some more discussion.

"On this island storytelling is pretty popular", Hile said. "Where to begin? Well, long ago Makuta, an evil spirit came to this land and enslaved him. A team of Toa arrived to collect Kanohi masks and defeat Makuta, but as they went to confront him, they never returned. Doesn't surprise you, I suppose. Anyway, the island fell into darkness and all that. We suddenly had an enormous load of Matoran being turned into Toa and so on. No one could defeat Makuta. Then, this company of Matoran began a quest to collect very special stones that made them into the strongest Toa on the island. They went to confront Makuta and won. What's relevant is that with Makuta gone, this island became a free place. No more dark creatures like infected Rahi and Rahkshi. The Toa Maru protect the villages, the Akiri lead them, and all is well."

Hile paused, waiting for a reaction.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

"Ok I am going to get a few other things as well."

I began to walk towards the market. I slowly began to browse the stalls of small market. A few items that I needed caught my eye, and after some haggling, I had gotten a nice pot, and a heatstone.

Edited by Ora_unit_SR388

IC Kaunis

(Ta-Koro, Soli's forge):

As Forerunner went to look for items at the market, Kaunis entered the blacksmith's forge. Judging by its name, it belonged to someone named Soli. Kaunis could see two customers there and a Toa of Iron reading something.

Kaunis ignored the other customers, instead going to find a shield for Forerunner. She found a fairly large, well-polished shield on a shelf and took it. It was quite heavy, but that would probably not be a problem.

"Excuse me", Kaunis said to Stronin, who seemed to be in charge. "I'd like to buy this shield. Is it possible to get it even more polished than it already is?"

OOC: Look at that Hubert, three customers all of a sudden. :P

Oh, and Gravity, here comes another opportunity for Vezok...

IC Surina

(Ta-Koro, Bar):

A good thing about Ta-Koro was that there was a nice steam bath spa for anyone to visit for a price. Surina had spent almost all her resources to get a new mask, but luckily she still had enough to pay a spa visit.

The hot, steamy water was perfect for washing off Surina's Kuja paint. She tried to arouse as little suspicion as possible among the other guests. Some did wonder about her abrupt color change, but luckily no one seemed to care too much to make a fuss about it. Surina's explanation had been a carnival that required paint of a red color.

Upon exiting the spa, Surina switched her old, worn, and far too recognizable Miru into the new Akaku she had bought. It would help her be less obvious even to those who knew her previously.

Now, her travels of preparation had brought Surina to one of the several bars in Ta-Koro. She was greeted by a strange sight - five Toa lying unconscious on the floor and two Matoran speaking with the nastiest looking Skakdi Surina had ever seen. Surina grinned, as possible allies started crossing her mind.

For now, Surina decided to sit at a separate table and listen to what the Matoran and Skakdi were talking about.

I listened carefully to what the Matoran said, storing away and cataloging the information for later use. The story of the Maru was no different than what I heard more times than I can count since setting foot on this island, though I wasn't one to put any information to waste. Never know when it might come in handy. Still though, I kept up a glazed, glassy-eyed expression of one who had a tad too much to drink.

"We have such stories of glory and battle in my own land!" I announced once the Matoran had finished his story. "Tales of great feats and prowess, that only the worthy may hear! And I have heard many stories!"

"Tell me more of these Maru, for perhaps they are the worthy opponents that you speak of!"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC Hile and Surina

(Ta-Koro, Bar):

Surina was intrigued by the discussion about Toa Maru. The Skakdi was looking for a fight? Surina waited patiently for an opportunity to offer him one.

"Well, they have incredible mask powers", Hile continued. "Powers like long-distance teleportation, sensing the intent of others... not to mention increased elemental capabilities. They reside in the six villages, each protecting one. They've been quite inactive lately, but they're still there."

"Maybe I can help you?"

Surina had stood up from her seat and she walked towards Vezok, Feran and Hile. "I know one of the Maru, Toa Leah, personally. Toa of Water, wears the Mask of Intent, lives in Ga-Koro. Are you interested in... meeting the Maru? Or something else?"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

OOC: Fancy that, writing this in Enterprise class.

IC:"Because......running a business.....takes time. And there's competition, too," Aurum replied to Otokax with an offhand wave. Looking over to Stronin, he stood back. I'll wait, his body language spoke, though his eyes did drift over to Kaunis, whose request for a shield had just been completely ignored by the forger's "Oh, I didn't notice you two."

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: Stronin

"It's an analysis of recent security techniques being employed in the guard forces," replied the Toa of Iron dryly. "Nothing really that interesting."

He stretched his arms.

"Anyway. I don't polish shields - you'll have to find someone else to do that, and a 'decent weapon' is incredibly vague. I need more to work off."

IC Otokax

"Well, I suppose I mean something in the nature of a light but also very effective weapon. I don't want something that is to subtle eitherm I want people to know I'm armed. Money isn't a huge deal here either, but don't make it to extravegent." Said Otokax

Edited by Toa of Anarchy

BZPRPG Characters

IC: Stronin"You could go to any random weapon's store for that," he muttered, before chuckling. "Ah well. At least you've come here for the best."Or at least, the most artistic. Soli's weapons were beautifully crafted, made for the inherent beauty rather than to actually sell. They were of an incredibly high quality as well - he knew that she had poured a lot of effort into her weapons.And he wasn't exactly too shabby either."Right. Pick a sword that you like."

Edited by Totally Prodigious Artist

IC Kaunis

(Ta-Koro, Solid's Forge):

Kaunis took another look at the shield's surface. It was already almost as clear as a mirror... she could only hope that was enough for Forerunner.

"Oh well, I'll take it anyway", Kaunis said. "Seems good enough."

IC: FeranFeran saw Hile look at him like he was worried he might run off.I fought in the defence of Ta-Koro during the Rahkshi Invasion. Don't sorry, I'm just nervous,Feran tried to tell Hile throughout telepathy, but, of course, it did not work.Feran, though, did feel sudden doom when that Toa suggested the Skakdi fight a Maru.We can't be responsible for the death of a Maru! Or havoc! This Skakdi... he's smarter than he seems! And dangerous!Feran tried to keep his mouth shut.