BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

look

if you had one shot

one opportunity

to seize everyt--

NOT NOW

"...I am. I swung by Pala-Koro to pay my respects at the Hive, on the way out of Ko. I went to go check on you, try and swing us both a job at the Sanctum. Turns out all I found was a halfass monument at the Hive, some chuckle behind my bar, and a trashed village. I wanted to retire there, and I couldn't even bring myself to spend the night." Reo's face was so still and cold that if you swapped his mask, you might not be sure who you were talking to. "So I started seeing someone. And if all it took for me to reverse the entire chain of events was to shrink two feet and grow back a little youthful optimism, then I would."

He was quiet for a long second, like he wanted to add something on, but plainly decided against it - the Toa of Ice walked away from the door he'd been inching towards and back towards the bar, where he bought his own beer and drank from it coolly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Leah):

With a sudden noise, the entrance to the Magma lounge swung open, momentum carrying the wooden doors around until the hit the adjacent walls. Framed against the ambient orange light of Ta-Koro, casting long shadows into the room, three figures entered. Up front where a Toa of air and water, followed by a massive third. Leah looked at the occupants of the room, then glanced at Korero and Sulov before settling her gaze on Reordin with a mischievous smirk, straight outta Le-Koro.

"Please don't shrink. The amount of adorable might become too much to bear."

"I hope we're not interrupting a private party?"  

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Wouldn't be the first person." The former Mark Bearer gestured with her pint to Lohkar casually, blue eyes flicking from Reordin to the other three Maru, settling briefly on Leah, before taking another look at the entire group. Skrihen took another long drink from her glass, whatever she'd been about to say put on hold.

"Take a load off, Maru Leah. Korero. Sulov. Can't say I've met so many legends in one room before."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Reordin breathed heavily through his nose and finished his beer in a swig. Turning would give the game up to the Toa Maru. His smooth Tauhaka only highlighted the bruise around his eye, the old blood inside cracked lips, cuts down his jawline from hard knuckles, the wear on a once-proud, slimming officer's jacket, navy fabric and white with unseemly scarlet touches. His eyes were cold these days, blue and surly. He couldn't telegraph his exploits more clearly if he wrote them in the Mata Nui Weekly and shot Sulov in the face with his Patero.

The lieutenant turned.

"Hey, twerps." Reordin's eyes found Sulov, who once would have been right beside him for this mission without even needing a word affixed to his look, and nodded once. "Big guy. Am I being conscripted? My home doesn't have much of a military these days, and I was drunk for my commission. But I think I might remember a little of how it goes."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leah): 

She didn't even have to use her mask to figure out their brother was not in the best of shapes and it went beyond physical. By the time Reordin had finished speaking, the Toa of water had closed the distance between them. Was it the wisest move...perhaps not. But she was worried. She reached out a hand and gently placed it on his cheek, tracing the contour of the bone. 

"We've come to help." she simply said.

IC:

Reordin's mouth opened, closed, and pursed with the touch of a hand.

"I should make some introductions," he said finally. "Tall, dark and snarky over there is Skrihen, right hand . The boxer is Plagia, left hand . Alfon over there is Plag's , and that there is Aronis Ril. He's just a son of a . They're the Pala-Koro crew. Sulov might know some. The rest are Tal, who I think kind of has a thing for Plagia, and Onuzek, the mountain in the corner over there. I'm waiting on one more, but he might be a no show after all."

The Toa of Ice found all three Maru with one glare, somehow.

"I'm bringing them to Ko with me."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Leah/Mariko): 

"Brooding in the corner?"

Leah nodded towards another Toa who hadn't been namedropped. Reo spared a glance and nothing more. "That one too." The stranger just continued to sit and watch. 

"You got room for three more?" Leah asked. "'Cause we're coming too." 

-----

Mariko looked towards Plagia. "Your jaw's hanging alright." he simply confirmed.

IC:

Thunk.

In a bar welling with conversation, the noise of glass meeting wood was a sound apart. A push sent it sliding across the bar towards the mildly shell-shocked bartender, who only just caught it before it went tumbling into thin air. The beckoning gesture gave him a pretty good idea of what Skrihen wanted as she swiveled back towards the bar. "'Nother drink. C'mon, Plagia, you're gonna have a whole trip to gawk. Drink with me. if my liver's still going in the morning I ####### out."

"Plenty of time, gotta wait for Stannis anyway."

Edited by Riku Tryon

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Taleen

Woah woah woah!

Had Reo just said that out loud!? That son of a !

Taleen cleared her throat, she looked at Plagia, who seemed way too starstruck to have caught on to what Reo had said. Phew. 

"Yeah...yeah your jaw is a bit slack there Plagia." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: ...

hhh.

With effort, he heaved himself out of the hospital bed.

"Fuaaaaaaaar--"

-----------------------------------------

IC: I think that moron De-Matoran got lost on me.

Great! As if my shell starting to turn red wasn't bad enough.

With my trademark, sigh-esque chitter, I waited in the oven a while longer.

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC: Alfon

I am no one's #####, but I let it slide. I always do because I'm that guy; the one happy-go-lucky goofball who doesn't a give a #### because it's all one big joke and we're all laughing. Ha ha. Look at Alfon, sipping his girly drinks. What a sissy. Ha ha ha. I bet you Plagia's got a bigger schlong than he does. Ha ha ha ha. We're all doing the joke now. We're all laughing.

Ha.

And you know what? It hurts, man. It really does. All my life I've been ridiculed, putting on this  stupid act to make people smile. Sure I succeed, but at my own expense. You have any idea what it feels like to be compared to Ril (you're a godsend buddy, don't change), like I'm just half a step up from him? It's demeaning.

Makes me wanna cry.

Naaaaaaaaah man, I'm just ####ing with you. Seriously. I got nothing to be sad about, my life's awesome. Y'know why? I'm hot, I'm talented, I've nabbed the hottest chick in this bar (though Leah's looking puh-retty fine over there), my ego's overblown, and I'm gonna drink my Mai Tais and Cosmopolitans whether you like it or not. In fact, I've already vowed to have some ### on the beach after we storm Ko.

Yep. ### on the beach. I might be talking about the drink right now.

"Hey hey hey, watch it Skri," I start, sliding in with a suspicious grin. "As much as I know that you'd loooooove to share a toilet with Plagia all night, I'm gonna have to steal her from you later."

Wink wink.

Edited by TX Wade

IC:

"If you want to coordinate when the rest of the team when we get to Ko, fine. Have Sulov put a trace on me if it makes you comfortable." Reordin's voice was still that of the calm and composed officer, but underneath the cuts and bruises, a vein was about to pulse in his temple. The noise only made it swell. 

"But I'd like to head to Ko solo. We already have a ship chartered, and I don't want it crowded with...well...the team." A faint, lean smile. "You know me. I like to pre-game."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Korero)

Korero didn't speak. He didn't complain. He didn't try to argue.

He just marched up to Reordin, grabbed him by the neck of his Guard jacket and spirited the two of them away.

They materialised on the roof of the Ta-Koro Guard HQ.

"What are you doing?" Korero demanded, still holding Reordin by the scruff of the neck like an unruly child.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (As Fupa): "Junk is simply stuff that we can't use because it's completely broken, but they can be broken down into their original state to be recylced."

IC: Supina

Paused mid-reach at the being's words. He turned slightly towards him, his eyes narrowed. "What...are you talking...about?" He snarled.

IC:

"The f--? I have another beer on my tab, you little ######." Reordin reached up and began methodically prying Korero's fingers off his jacket. "Whatever you have to say, it's not worth a cast."

When he was free of the Toa of Air's grip, the Ice Toa took a step back and smoothed out his collar - though it appeared to be a subconscious reaction at most. His attention was somewhere else.

"I'm going to Ko-Koro, same as you. No one said we had to share the road."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Alfon, you couldn't steal if I didn't let you." The Ve-Toa shot back, but rolled her eyes and returned to her solitary drinking anyway. Korero's sudden departure wasn't treated with much fanfare, but Skrihen slowly turned back around.

"So," She began, and with the angle of her gaze, there was no doubt that she was addressing Leah. "How do you and Saporta get along?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Leah):

"Curse it to Karzhani..." She muttered under her breath. She looked back to Sulov.

"Where'd they go?" she asked.

Before her brother could answer they were interrupted by Skrihen's question.

"Splendid." she replied drily. "Why do you ask?"

Edited by Vezok's Friend

IC:

"Our lives are composed of risk," Nika said. "What are a few more?"

His mouth jerked upwards at one side, in a position that someone, somewhere, might have seen as a smile.

"I ... think we should go to Ko."

-Void

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

"Fair," he said, looking to his companions, "I suggest we enter separately but under disguise. Being recognized could mean death."

Pae turned around, "Thoughts?"

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"Ran into one once. Don't plan to do it again. Second worst fight of my life, behind an edgy Shadow Toa. Sorry for being blunt, and this is the first time in a while I mean that," The Toa of Plant Life continued, setting her drink on the counter and regarding the Maru of Water with a neutral, though civil, expression. "What's your relationship with him?"

"And I'm not just asking out of curiosity."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Leah):

It was rare for the Toa Maru of water to become irritated. But Korero's rash move and the incessant questioning had managed to do just that. But she didn't let it show. She had been through enough that being annoyed in a bar was hardly enough to get a rise out of her.

"So what other reason do you have for asking?" Her tone made it clear that there would be no answer to the original question unless this one was answered first.

IC:

"Before he went off to save the world, before he was a Toa, before he was everyone's hero," The neutrality on her face was at odds with the steel behind her otherwise civil words. "He was my friend. More than that."

"Then he needed to leave. Couldn't tell me why. Just told me he'd be back. Said to keep an eye on the bar for him." The Toa's face didn't change, but a touch of emotion, difficult to identify, had crept into her tone. "He never came back. I accepted that a long time ago."

"I want to find out why."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Leah):

Leah's eyes softened a little. Now that she actually knew what Skrihen's problem was it was easier to empathize.

"He's not the only one. Back when I was a Matoran I belonged to Le-Koro. None of us really ever returned to our past lives." She said.

"As for your original question... I don't think I can tell you anything you haven't guessed at already."

IC (Jin)

"Sounds good," I said. "I mean, as good as it's gonna get."

Somehow, I managed to tamp down the flicker of a sly grin that was trying to escape. This wasn't gonna be easy, or safe, or even particularly likely to succeed. But that was I did best. Just like old times.

I cracked my knuckles, one by one. "That it's, then. We'll hit the road, and meet in Ko, what? two days from now?"

IC:

My eyes darted between Skrihen and Leah.

o h    b o y

IC:

Nika moved slowly but surely; never a movement was wasted as his daggers were returned to his belt, his cloak thrown on, his rifle slung over one shoulder.

"Good with me," was his response. "Let's get moving."

-Void

Edited by Bad Machine

[ BZPRPG ]

-IC: Mahaki-

The bartending Matoran had stayed silent as her two customers chatted, unsure of how or when to contribute. They were lively, energetic; a sharp and vivid contrast.

Only when the time neared closing hour did Mahaki finally raise the courage and energy to speak again. "Last call, I'm afraid. We don't really get enough business to justify staying open much later."

OOC: Incredibly, unforgivably belated? I don't know what you're talking about. please forgive me

Edited by Prodigal

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Ril

Incoming.

"Alfon buddy, wanna head back to darts?"

IC: Alfon

As much as I enjoy gossip and a good bit of drama, I'm not tempted to stick around for when this blows up. 

"Yeah, let's go." I whisper, waving Ril over as I get out of my chair. We walk to the board and I start rifling through the darts, handing the red ones to Ril and keeping the green ones for myself. I glance back at Leah and Skrihen, who are still somewhat within earshot.

"Scary, eh?"

Edited by TX Wade