BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Viima

(Ta-Koro, The Tired Muaka):

"So what are we supposed to do, start working for the other side? I'm sure those goons in Ko-Koro would have more than a few tasks for us..."

Suddenly he paused, as if in thought. "Actually, come to think of it... Ko-Koro might be the answer."

IC:

"Oh right, now I remember!" Mimira started heading the direction Gunner had indicated. She was moving quickly, enough that Gunner would lose her if he didn't keep up. 

IC: 

The red figure also jabbed to the left, the two jabs met halfway, preventing either from hitting their heads. Taleen pulled her controller back, causing the red guy to get out of blue's range. Then she waited to see what Plagia would do next, after all it was better to study her opponent and learn her moves before making one herself. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Tivanu

The skakdi of gravity rolled his eyes at Viima

"You just love jumping to conclusions don't ya? I already made a suggestion, which was to talk to the guard here, see if they have anything they may want taken care of that they themselves can't do."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC (Leah): 

"You're not the only one." Leah countered, her voice calm and in control, but with no less anger in her tone. "You're angry Reo struck out on his own yet here you are doing the exact same thing. Why don't we talk about my boyfriend? You didn't even give any of us a chance to talk before you spirited him away. You didn't share your plan, you just took your frustration out and ran with it."

She didn't give the Toa of Air the time to cut in. Her words were a tidal wave that had washed over him and now was eroding the basis of his argument like a sand castle on a beach. 

"I can see you don't like having someone angry in your face - what makes you think he would change his mind after that stunt? You're not going to get this done by spiriting team-members away."

The Toa of water raised her arm. But this time it wasn't to douse her brother in cold water. Instead, she held out an open hand.

"You want to fix the team? Then you will have to do it with us - together."

IC (Korero)

"I just—"

needed to get him out of here!

quick-acted without quick-thinking!

"I didn't want—"

his 'friends' to get involved!

to listen to anybody else!

"I was—"

trying to help!

making it worse!

Take a slow-deep breath and a step back, whipper-snapper. Yes, you had the best of intentions, but you need to slow down and admit that you got it wrong. Think about how and why that happened and stop letting your anger run on and on, or you'll just keep down-deepening that hole you've dug yourself.

Korero did as told and took a deep breath, closing his eyes and cupping his face in his hands. He held that breath for several seconds. When he let it out again he seemed to deflate, as though all the anger and frustration and denial were draining out of him.

He looked up at Leah again, wearily this time, and took her proffered hand.

"You're right. I'm...sorry. I just..."

Yes, I know. I don't mind. Why would I? I'm just a voice in your head. Go on, tell her.

"...I don't want us to end up like them."

IC (Lohkar)

"Looks like there's some drama goin' on over there," Lohkar remarked to his ale-mug.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Atlas

News came to Atlas, slowly, of a movement in Ko-Koro to free the village of the grasp of Makuta. "Interesting," he rumbled, "that the warriors of the island choose this time to embark on such a mission. However, without careful watch, their 'freedom' may be just as evil as the current environment there. They need a watcher of the watchmen. This is my call."

OOC: Atlas to Ko-Wahi

IC:

"Could've just stopped at 'cute girls', it'd be the most true." The second apple core sailed past Alfon's face, albeit with less force, while Skrihen took a long drink from a flask she plucked from her coat. She kept pace with the Vo-Toa easily, but she didn't bother to pay attention to the shops around her. In this part of Ta-Koro, just about everything was a bar, a seedy weapons shop, or something unidentified. None of which were what they were looking for.

Though the vibrant, invitingly painted sign up ahead was probably where they were headed. "Gonna guess that's it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Mekana

"Go to the local spa, I hear the water is good for healing and recovery, I want to get out of this wheelchair as soon as possible." 

IC: Ophaim

"I know the manager," said Ophaim. "It is indeed quite a highly-rated spa."

"Let's go then." Mekana said, beaming with delight. "...right now." 

"Ophaim did you fall asleep!? Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooo!" Mekana started to shake her wheelchair. 

IC: Alfon

There it was again, that very same chill I felt when her last apple nearly caved in my skull, only with a little less emphasis on the whoosh! this time. Didn't get hit or anything, but flirty Alfon was gone. In a last-minute executive decision, he had concluded that devil horns were too high on the crazy scale for him.

"You've got to stop doing that." I complained, eyes back on the road and now spotting the sign. "Yeah, that's it."

I walked up to the doors and held one open for Skri.

Then I remembered the apples and decided to walk in first.

IC:

"Would you relax, Alfon?" Skrihen rolled her eyes, slipping in after the Vo-Toa and dropping her last apple core in the trash can she passed. "If I was actually going to do anything to you, I'd have done it. As far back as Ihu, probably."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Leah):

Leah smiled reassuringly in response to Korero's worry and squeezed his hand, while giving him an encouraging pat on the shoulder with her free left. She remembered the feeling her brother described well, remembered the nightmare she had lived through beneath Kini-Nui and how the blackened hands of her dream self had taken the lives of her team-mates one by one, giving into the temptation the darkness had offered, before breaking free from its delusion with an act of defiance.

"We won't, Korero. Not while we care for one another and stand united - even if we strike out on our own on occasion."

And with that, her natural optimism returned and she added: "Besides, we've been through worse in Makuta's lair already. Entertaining thoughts of the team breaking before Echelon and his collection of goons would give those creeps entirely too much credit."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Hey, I've been spending money on equipment and food all morning. And I live paycheck to paycheck. Being a merc on an island that's been peaceful for a year and a half isn't easy, y'know. Work's scarce." The Ve-Toa mercenary gave Alfon a brief glare, then tossed the coin purse up once to catch it with the same hand. "Make it two hundred. Either we lose it, and we got rid of it. Or we made more and I can hide it somewhere for if I get back here."

"Win win."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Elsewhere...

His family had always had a gene for sniffing out dive bars, passed tough-lovingly from father to son. There were a few times in the course of his time at the Sanctum where it had served him well. There were even a few times before that, even when he was a kid, where locating a man inside a bar and dragging him back to the couch at home was a useful little superpower. But nowhere had Reordin Maru found his ability to barhop more useful than when he was looking for a girl from Pala-Koro.

The Legitimate House? Really now?

But at least they were inside.

Plagia Simul was suddenly put in a full Nelson from behind, and the most famous chin on Mata Nui came to a rest on the crown of her head.

"'Ello love."

The Ko accent always did it. Another family superpower.

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

My powers of persuasion grow...

"I don't really see how losing two hundred widgets could be considered a win, but hey, I'm just the sleazy freeloader. You'll get no argument from me." I said, holding my hands up in mock defence. "Now then, let's get this trainwreck rolling, shall we?"

"Hey c'mon now, don't you go ruining my mojo like that. No one's gonna bite the dust, alright?" I said, lightly punching her in the shoulder. "Trust me, we've got your back." I smiled reassuringly, then shrugged. No need to get any sappier than that.

"Anyway, poker's my game but I'm feeling blackjack right now, sooooo...."

Slowly, I spun on my heel, spying for tables through one eye, finger gun loaded and ready to fire.

No...no...n- Oh!-

Naaaah...

...!

Bang.

"That one. The one with the two drunk grandmas."

IC:

"Oh right, now I remember!" Mimira started heading the direction Gunner had indicated. She was moving quickly, enough that Gunner would lose her if he didn't keep up. 

IC:

I moved fast after her. Fast enough so that I couldn't lose her in this cauldron of a maze, but not fast enough that the casual observer could mistake me for worried or anything.

"Mim, slow down!" I called after her, loud enough so that she could hear but not loud enough yadda yadda yadda. "The Cap's not going anywhere. Chances are, where he is, we're gonna be dragging him back to the ship ourselves."

IC:

Plagia Simul was suddenly put in a full Nelson from behind, and the most famous chin on Mata Nui came to a rest on the crown of her head.

"'Ello love."

-Tyler

IC:

NO NO NO NOOOOOOOO--

I watched, helpless under the power of a full Nelson and the Ko accent of a heavy smoker, as Tal's guy pounded my homeboy right in the jaw and his head popped up like a whiskey bottle did whenever I was at rock bottom: swiftly and in a way ultimately ending with me feeling like .

Did I narrate that out loud?

"It's a good thing that's a handsome chin you've got on my head, Reo, or it would be broken right about now."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Sure is. Mom was...Gukko Force? Marines? One of the fun ones. Didn't even spend a year in Ko." Reordin grinned and took his chin off Plagia's head to lean against the side of the gaming table. "How often do you picture my birth? Or my full form?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Alfon is schmoozing Skri and I'm going to grow an eating disorder if I have to look at another Maru for a year. C'mon. There are less charming ###### you could be eyeing up."

-Tyler

Edited by Neopolitan

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

All Taleen could really give Plagia was a shrug, before looking at the Maru himself. She cleared her throat. "So Reo, besides helping me win this game and distracting Plagia with your flirty-flirt, why are you here? Time to regroup and get this mission started?"

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

IC:

"We're all good." Jolek's plight didn't quite go unnoticed, given he was right next to her, but Saeva ignored it. She fished around in her pocket a second before she pulled out a small wallet, bounced it in her hand once, and nodded. "Beat Red, and said I'd bring these bunch of goons to breakfast anyway."

IC:

"You really have no shame in targets, Sparks."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

I don't know what I expected waffles to taste like.

Turns out all the sugar came from the toppings, not the actual batter.

If that's the case, how much sugar does White put in hers...?

The mysteries of his own life were explaining themselves to the Toa of Earth very, very rapidly.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME