BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"By now I think we've eaten enough to feed an entire platoon. I'm gettin' restless."

Redhot thought about it.

"Who wants to...find a fight club? Unblock the Dark Walk? Get degrees? I dunno."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Obsession tends to favor the pure.

Those untouched by the world for most of their lives tend to be the most susceptible to its temptations and its evils. Confronted with a smorgasbord of people, places, and vices they don't understand, it's easy for those good at heart to be sucked under the tide and consumed. Take the case of one Angelus, once a treehouse-dwelling survivalist savant with an ever-present grin and current adventurer, detective, accessory to saving the world, and - oh yeah - Captain of the largest organized military force the world had ever seen.

He was sitting on one of the well-worn couches that served as a remnant of the Drigton era of the Ta-Koro Guard. Obsessing over case files. Old legends. Sometimes mixing them up. It was all he ever did these days. Kino's face was engraved into every piece of furniture he looked at and haunted every dream - first alive, grinning, mysterious as she was beautiful - and then cold. Her eyes were open, blood congealing in the corner of her mouth. She had fought her killer. She had known him. She had been wrapped up in something, he had always suspected, but it had been intangible until he first laid eyes on her corpse. Then it hit him.

Kino Iho, like so many of the people he'd met over the last several years, knew way too much. It was the only conclusion that kept spinning in his--

knock knock kn-knock knock

knock knock

"Who is it?"

No answer. The Captain rolled his eyes.

"Report."

A small scoff from the other side of the door. Or maybe a hiccup.

"I'm going to serve you a disciplinary order in two seconds if you don't give me your name."

"You and what Guards."

He sat upright as though electrocuted. The door opened in short order.

He knew he must have looked like Karz - the jungle tended to give even the most handsome and boyish of faces lean, hungry looks, and deprived of anything approaching sleep or food in lieu of pure determination Angelus knew he must look more aloof than ever - but very little approached what time and demons had done to the once unassailable visage of his first love. There were circles under her eyes and cuts on her fists; knuckles were swollen on one hand and her stance was favoring one foot as though she was having difficulty keeping herself waiting for much longer.

But he still saw the fire. It was one thing for her to stand before him in body - but when he looked into her crimson stare, there was as much fire - as much Tuara - as there was weariness. And she was alone. He had no love for Dorian Shaddix - and more distaste than most - but with Joske's disappearance, Kino's death, and the way the world was headed, Dorian Shaddix's disappearance could mean anything. Most of it would have left Tuara in shambles.

His gut roiled with possibilities.

"You look..." He had never been good at lying, but his poker face had improved over the years. "...Like total ######. Citizen."

For the first time in years, he hugged her tightly.

-Tyler

Edited by Key and
  • Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro - Angelus' Office

"You're not much better," Tuara said, a drunk lilt to her speech, lazily wrapping her own arms around Angelus, "I'd seen Jaller stress before, but the bags under his eyes weren't that big," Tuara quipped back, still hugging him. In her drunken state, Tuara felt a short moment of clarity, realizing just how long the two had been embracing. She pulled back to look at him, searching for something in his face. Her sober mind would have been quicker to find something, but eventually she met her mark, "Bad a day as I?"

She pushed past him with a sigh, "You can't talk about it I bet," Tuara kicked the chair in front of his desk around and sloppily threw herself down into it, "But you don't have to worry about that," she pointed at him with gun fingers, "I didn't come to steal your secrets," Tuara let out a little 'puh-choo' as she 'fired' the gun. Her expression changed slightly as if she was struggling to focus and think, "I don't think anyway."

"You usually don't," the Captain deadpanned, sitting back on his couch and pulling some innocuous papers over Kino's case file. "You're day drunk - and the morgue isn't full. Your boyfriend must have left town after all. Sorry about your apartment...things must be kind of a shock to you right now."

Tuara's felt her expression almost change at the word morgue but she was quickly snapped back to the present at the mention of her apartment, "Yeeeaaah I was a bit confused, but I mean, the piano," she reached into her pocket and grabbed the note Angelus had left on her door, "Shaddix is gonna throw a fit that when he sees it."

She plopped the note on Angelus' desk and looked up at the toa of fire.

• Upvote 2

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

Angelus looked at the note with no small amount of sheepishness - an expression that still came easily to his face, despite the innocence that had otherwise been robbed from it.

"Well, by all accounts, he did. I didn't want to be the one to tell you this, but uh...your house was a minorly major crime scene," the Captain of the Guard said. "Seems like a Turaga killer tried to get the jump on your boyfriend, old grudge or something. One thing led to another, your piano was mauled, and things ended with a dead Skakdi and a windfall of bounty cash headed your way. I'd give it to you now, but I think I'd rather put it in Shaddix's hands. Nothing personal, Tuara, but I can trust him not to buy you bourbon."

The note turned to cinders as he placed his index finger in its center and spun it in a circle; ashes began to curl at the edges and then creep in towards his fingertip.

"So what can I do for you?"

-Tyler

Edited by Key and

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"He was...beat up," Angel admitted reluctantly, "but you know him, he hates long recoveries. He was up on his feet and leaving town with Joske, last I heard. I thought you knew some of this."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Tuara Drigton - Ta-Koro - Angelus' Office

"That was here too?" Tuara nearly stood up, but remained seated, clenching her fists. She suddenly remembered Utu, and the path Joske set her on before abandoning it and vanishing. The thought of it made her cheeks flush with heat. She sat back and crossed her arms, the usual sharp attitude in her voice sullied by her slurred speech, "No, I didn't know about that. Any of that. This day has been just a flood of new information," Tuara looked away, scowling, "First Kitea, and now-" Tuara stopped herself, and covered her hand with her mouth.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Lohkar)

Some people will tell you that the good ship Infernavika ain't the most beautiful piece o' wood that ever sailed the Endless Ocean.

And y'know, maybe they were right once, back when a certain backstabbin' Skakdi was her captain. Back when her crew was packed full o' wholly unsuitable individuals due to sub-par recruitin' practices. Back when some worm-ridden piece o' Ruki fillet thought it'd be a great idea to bolt a load o' metal onto her previously-sleek hull. Awful management decisions. Raknar puts the 'sap' in 'Saprillian', you mark my words.

But no more. The sight that greets Reordin Maru's Barmy Army as they reach the Ta-Wahi port is truly a masterpiece of shipwrightery, a jewel among large floating objects. From the sweeping curves of her red-tinted carpentry to the crisp white sails upon her masts, to the sun glinting off the barrels of her new heavy disk launchers peeking through their gun-ports, my dear ol' 'Vika is a sight to see. Arguably* the finest vessel to grace these Mata Nuian shores since times o' myth, she is.

She's moored up to the long black finger of a cooled lava flow (apparently that's the firespitters' idea of a pier) with the choppy blue sea stretching out behind her to the horizon.

As for her illustrious captain, well, he can't resist the opportunity for some showmanship, can he?

When we left the bar, I discreetly disappeared off to run a few quick errands before regroupin' with the groupie group. Namely, pickin' up the results of some commissions I'd made during the indeterminate length of shore leave we'd enjoyed before signing up for Commander Maru's mercy mission. Thus, as I leap down onto the quay to welcome my new shipmates to my mobile home, I'm decked out in the fruits of other people's labours: my Grapnel Gun, newly compactified by a local Vortixx, hangs proudly on my belt beside a watertight pouch containing my Magic Map; my slim frame is resplendent in a smartly-tailored longcoat of navy blue, and a matching tricorn is perched upon my head with just the right amount of jaunt. You've got to look the part in these situations, because as the saying goes, you never get a first chance at a second impression.

"Ladies an' gentlemen," I proclaim as I stand beside the gangplank, arms akimbo, and the sea wind whips up the tails of my new coat, "it is my great pleasure to present to you: the Infernavika!"

* I argue that she is.

Alas.

Technical term. Look it up.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Alfon

I whistled nice and low.

"Nice." I whispered, eyeing the ship up and down. It was already a bonus that we didn't have to walk all the way to Ko-Koro, so this was just icing on the cake.

The red was really doing it for me, especially. 

Edited by Burgerpants

IC [Leah - Ta-Koro Port/ Ta-Wahi Coastline]:

Finally, they were out of the village. There was nothing wrong with the Koro itself, of course, but it's hot climate had been as much a strain on nerves and body for Leah Maru as the tension within the group of Toa had been. Being out on the coast - away from the fumes, the dry air, the roaring lava, feeling the ocean breeze on her face and the odd droplet of spray hitting her mask - was bliss in comparison. She drew in a deep breath, tasting the hint of salt on the air, while reaching out with her elemental power, feeling the endless sea lapping against the hardened lava and black sand stretching out before them move and churn.

With every wave, she managed to calm a little more, letting go of some of the frustration and anger she felt. And the more of the negative emotions she shed, the more she found herself focused on the task at hand again. Looking around, she studied the beings gathered atop the pier, waiting to board the docked vessel under grey skies. First there were the Maru, the most stone-faced of those gathered. It was obvious to anybody present the unreadable expressions were masking conflicting feelings and an enormous amount of pressure. But they also showed their focus and determination. Though they might not have been united in spirit, they were still united in purpose.

As were all of those present. Her eyes wandered over the others gathered around her, a veritably small army. Beings of so many various walks of life, standing together against a common threat. It reminded Leah of the battle for the Rama Hive. Despite the double-sided outcome of that fight, the memory gave her a cautious amount of confidence and hope that they would succeed in their mission.

Finally, she looked up at the ship lying alongside the stretch of black rock pier, with its captain proudly standing in front of the vessel. If she knew one thing, it was that most captains usually had three great loves: a partner, if there was one, the sea - and their ships. The Infernavika was not completely unknown to her. The name had come up now and then in talks with Hahli and others in Ga-Wahi. The ship cruised the waters around Mata-Nui, and though Lohkar was undeniably a privateer, he was ultimately a stabilizing force...of sorts. In any case, it was a mighty vessel and an asset Leah was glad to know was on their side.

While Lohkar introduced her to the group at large, the Toa of water quietly moved through the crowd, stepping up a little to the side behind Reordin, in a way that he would notice her approach.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

" water." The intoxicated, but slowly recovering, Toa of Plant-Life eyed the wooden ship with a fair helping of distrust and a little apprehension. It was already unsteady now, before they'd even gotten on board. The swaying, and rocking, and bobbing was not what she needed right now. She ignored the showoff on the plank, too.  His enthusiasm was not helping.

Electing to (momentarily) cease her efforts to hit her Ko-Toa support structure, she tightened her grip to steady herself and noted the Ga-Toa approaching from behind him with about the same expression.

"Seven o'clock, Popsicle."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC [Leah - Ta-Koro Port/Coastline]:

Leah gave skrihen a friendly nod as she approached. She didn't really know her. Karz, aside from their names, she knew hardly anybody of Reordin's ragtag group of friends. On the other hand, there was hardly anybody who didn't know who she was at this point. Which made sense when you live most of your life as a humble Matoran with little to no dealings with Toa before becoming one of the most well-known figures of the island within a few days. It was one of those things that the Maru had to deal with, but couldn't since there had not been and any time to process everything - and there still wasn't enough time now. At least, not for her.

She focused on Reordin.

"I wanted to talk to you before Korero Hiko's us again."

IC:

Mimira stepped onto the ship, quite familiar with what had been her home for some time now. "Lasiniaaaaa we're back!"

IC:

Taleen examined the ship, looking it over top to bottom. "I suppose it will do." She finally said after a minute. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Alfon

I whistled nice and low.

"Nice."

IC:

"Don't get too attached," I said, slinging an arm around Casanova's shoulders. "It'll be a summer romance between you too, y'know?"

IC:

Taleen examined the ship, looking it over top to bottom. "I suppose it will do." She finally said after a minute. 

IC:

"S'what I tell myself every morning," I deadpanned as I walked past her and towards the gangplank. "Helps me get through the day."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC [Leah - Ta-Koro Port/Coast]:

She looked from Reordin to Skrihen for a moment, considering, before focusing back on the Toa of ice. She knew what she had to do, but his reaction could be, much as she she didn't like to admit it, unpredictable. This could go down a number of ways, from positive to indifferent to downright failing to get through to him. There was a part of her that suddenly felt like not getting out what she needed to. The back of her throat to be precise. It was a strange feeling for her. Usually when faced with something that she deep down knew needed to be done, she'd never hesitated before. In fact the only reason she stood here now was that she hadn't hesitated when Stannis had shown up at her door one night with a crazy tale of destiny. So why in Karzhani was this so difficult now, when it came to people you cared about?

Truth be told, she would have preferred to say what she needed to in private, but maybe having other ears hear her wasn't a bad thing at all. So she gathered her courage and swallowed the forming lump down. Short and sweet would have to do the trick. And if Skri and some others heard it, they would be able to keep an eye out as well.

"We haven't faced anything like this since Makuta." she started, voice matter-of-factly. "It's going to be one heck of a fight up there." She knew she didn't have to say it again. They all knew what the situation in Ko-Koro was like and what they were in for - and there were only a hand full who knew it better than Reordin did - but right now and this short on time she couldn't think of a better way to get to her point.

"And I know you. Have known you for a long time by now. I haven't seen you like this since we were buried in that tunnel in Ko-Wahi and cut off from the others.The fun antics and drinking at inns can't hide it." 

She remembered the time well, where they had been Matoran, cowering in the dark of the collapsed path while hunting for the essence stones. Until Sulov had resolved the situation with a backhand. At least, that was still the fallback option if all else failed to get the message across. 

"I also know why you feel that way -  believe me, I do. And I'm worried. Worried you might do something reckless when we get to that fight waiting for us."

She paused for a second, looking him straight in the eyes.

"So I want you to know: What happened to Ko-Koro is not your fault. And if someone is guilty of failing to protect the village of ice against that kind of force it is all of us. You're probably going to say that you know that, but you don't act like you do. I see you carrying that burden by yourself, where you should not. I failed just as much as you to protect Ko-Koro. I wasn't there when it fell. But we are a team. Maybe we don't always work perfectly and we screw up like everyone else and we can't be everywhere at once to stop every bad guy before they hurt someone. But we still are there for each other when it happens - and we are here for you now. So fight with all you've got - but please don't fight like it's your last stand. I want you to get through this in one piece.

She stepped closer to him, leaving little distance between the two of them. "Bottom line, Reo: Don't do anything stupid and remember I will always have your back."

With that she quickly leaned forward, planting a kiss on his cheek before stepping back. She started to walk backwards, maintaining eye-contact.

"See you on the other side."

Then she turned, heading back to where Korero, Stannis and Sulov were waiting.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

ic lorshaka 

i walk up on the shore my primative submarine behind me i turn and look at the sub my transport from zactan to this island of mata nui  several impact vision blasts later it is redused to scrap i leave it to any matoran brave enough to try to salvage the wreck looking across the smoldering plains of black rock i see a city floating on magma "if there is any warriors in this land worthy to battle me that is as good as any to look" as i walki pull my sword out the 8 foot long blade glisten in the light it has saved my life many time in my home land and i hope it will continue to do so as i continue to walk towards the city i practice my sword play by slicing as many boulders in half as i can with one slice my record is 5  i soon aproache the shore of the lava lake and seeing no way across i knock by splashing a large boulder into the lava halfway between me and the city

Having trouble keeping your mask firmly attached to your face? Well then stop being Lewa!

IC:

"Good flare for the dramatic, that one." The mercenary to Reo's right commented, her face adorned with a faint smirk while she took a bite of the apple she conjured, She'd stayed silent throughout Leah's speech, though the occasional arched eyebrow or quirk at the corners of her mouth indicated her commentary. Skrihen squeezed his shoulder tightly for just a moment before letting go and beginning the process of standing on her own. "Not sure she's got a grip on how useless telling you not to be stupid is, but her heart's in the right place. Makes me want to throw up a little."

"Anyway, you can sort out your heroic on your own time." Freed from the Ko-Toa's grip, she took a few experimental steps. They were even steadier than she'd expected, even though her head was still fuzzy. Mata Nui was to thank for that, him and good old Ve-Toa tolerance to all things toxic. She watched Leah retreat to the rest of the Maru with slightly narrowed eyes, then redirected her focus to Reordin again. "Don't get yourself killed 'cause of the . Hero types can feel guilty all they want, but not when we're working. We go, we kick , my job ends, and I go find one that pays."

"You and your girl can angst later."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"You wouldn't be the first woman to use that excuse to get out of a date with him."

Reordin sighed forlornly.

"He's got a good personality!"

-Tyler

Edited by Key and

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I've been thinking the same thing about you for a long time."

The apple in Skrihen's hand froze over, followed shortly by the chunk in her mouth.

"C'mon. Evil doesn't stop itself."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Dick move, Saporta." The mercenary responded, spitting the frozen chunk of apple off to her right and chucking what remained roughly in the direction of Taleen's head. Throwing a rude gesture the Ko-Toa's way, she slipped her thumbs through the belt around her waist and started up the gangplank.

"Perfectly good apple wasted. C'mon, folks, we got places to be."

fK5oqYf.jpg