BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Savina

Savina sat at the table by Tehlin's side. The entire trip from Ko-koro Savina had been trying to get either of the guys to tell her why they were here and what this adventure thing was all about. For whatever reason they had yet to tell her.

"Can you guys please tell me why we're here? What the ###### is going on?" Savina nearly blushed at her own language, she never used words like that before....

Edited by Yoko Littner

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Oreius, Inu)

Oreius couldn't help himself but to chuckle at the Toa of Air's entrance, which was worthy of Toa Lewa himself in sheer grandiosity and flair. His stoic facade broken for the moment, the Toa of Fire reached out with a strong hand and clasped Korero's shoulder in greeting.

"It's good to see you again, brother," he said. Inu echoed his sentiments with the sound of laughter and the taste of wine.

"What brings you to Ta-Koro?"

IC: Lana

It had taken Lana some time, jumping through bureaucrat's hoops and dealing with all the little details that always seem to take forever, but she had finally acquired her own tavern, situated proudly in what she considered Ta-Koro's 'Main Street'.

Lana had spent some time before opening getting things set up properly, making sure the building was clean and presentable, and that the furniture was hardy enough to survive if a bar-room brawl should ever break out. Lana liked to be prepared for everything.

The business was primarily selling alcoholic beverages, but the tavern also offered a limited selection of seasonal foods. Lana had fashioned the main bar counter, behind which she spent most of her time, into the menu. Matoran lettering was permanently carved into the counter and covered with a clear resin, declaring neatly what the tavern offered it's patrons.

Beyond the stools set up at the bar, Lana had also set a few tables in the remaining space for those who enjoyed more privacy. The Vo-Matoran never questioned the ethics of her customers, so long as they paid their tab off.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC:

A dull rapping resounds throughout my room. It’s the first sound I’ve heard in days.

I shift in my bed, conscious yet not quite awake. Sleep threatens to consume me again, anchoring my body to the mattress and drawing my mind back into thoughtless dreams, but the seductive whisper of silence is no match for the monotonous roar of fist knocking on door. Whoever’s at the door relentlessly batters away at my patience, blow after blow grinding my every nerve until sleep becomes a distant memory.

I feel sluggish as whole, every movement slow and clumsy. I look around but I can’t see much; it’s dark. I expected it to be morning. The air’s musty and thick with dust, something to be expected from such a cheap establishment. Torpor has reduced my thought process to its most basic form, and I struggle to recall recent events. Whatever time I spend wading through my memories is cut short as the knocking is renewed with thunderous vigor, snapping me to attention.

I open the door and I’m looking down on a Ta-Matoran, the innkeeper to be exact. He looks at me expectantly and I understand. Wordlessly, I hand him a handful of widgets for a stay I’ve extended a little too long and he goes away. My stomach growls painfully and I realize I haven’t eaten in a long time, a dangerous game in my current condition. Hunger beckons me downstairs, drawing me to a table and I sit alone, ordering food and drink. I eat slowly so I don’t puke, and each ounce of food is a jolt of instant energy.

My hollow gaze sweeps the tavern, picking apart every detail I lay my eyes on. I have no reason to be alert, I made sure of that in Ga-Koro, but now, I’m more anxious than ever. A set of strangers enter the establishment, and I glance towards them. My stare lingers, and just as I feel comfortable enough to look away, one of them speaks up.

"Anyone here up for an adventure?"

I raise my hand.

IC:(Matrapolix)

Off to himself, back to the speaker, a recently discharged Matra sat, eating a salad and enjoying the silence. This was until said speaker began to speak and the silence was no longer silent. He turned, a pair of not-quite dead eyes staring back at Tehlin.

"That depends entirely on the intention of the adventure."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

There were so many quips on my tongue that I could've thrown into the air -- admittedly, most of them being directed towards Hammertime over there -- and yet, they all died within the next three quarters of a second as soon as some madman of a Toa decided to stand up and announce that hey guys, how about we all go on an adventure!

I'll be straight up honest about how ashamed I was with my slow reaction time to that call to arms; in the following four seconds it took for me to go from "snark" to "intelligent response", this guy had already gotten two immediate offers of help and a questioning into what the Karz he was on about. As the resident Vo-Toa of the tavern, being left in the conversational dust was like a Ga-Toa drowning in the ocean; not something you want getting out to your adoring fans (which I do have, thankyouverymuch). My next steps were crucial; they would decide my future cred on these bloody streets of Ta-Koro.

I settled back in my seat, finished off my drink with one smooth motion, then slammed the glass onto the wooden counter of the table with an ear-splitting BANG! ... loud enough to draw the attention of the majority of my present company, save perhaps the deaf, the dead, or the apathetic. In any event, I watched them all with a knowing gaze and a winning grin.

"I agree with Salad-Man over there," I said, tilting my head in the grey-armoured Toa's (sonics? Possible.) direction. "What exactly is it that we'd be doing on this adventure of yours?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tehlin

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Zauk sit back, watching me intently with that disturbingly distant gaze. I pushed the thought aside as those looking for it started at my mention of adventure. No, not the most elegant method of gaining the attention of prospective help, but it worked well enough, and I was completely fine with that. Unconsciously, I discreetly placed a hand on Savina's shoulder, I'd level with her soon. Not now, though, I was conducting business now.

I nodded in the direction of the first two volunteers, a gold and black-armored Toa of an otherwise unidentifiable element, and an equally mysterious copper and white colored fellow. I pulled up two chairs with a wave of my hand, literally in this case as I moved the wooden pieces of furniture elementally, over to the table that Zauk, Savina, and I occupied.

Then a voice behind me, and another joined to echo the first's sentiments. I turned in their general direction, noting the grey salad man and a golden-armored Vo-Toa.

I grinned a brilliant smile in return to the Toa of Lightning, though Mr. Salad Man didn't seem much of the smiling type. "Well-"

"Treasure, riches, wealth, gold-- call it what you will," Zauk interrupted abruptly, earning a look from me that he shrugged off just as he does any other social interaction, "Some seek power, some seek items of empowerment, it's all the same to me. We don't know specifics, if that's what you're asking, though I can assure you, what we seek is real."

Karz he creeps me out when he talks like that.

"What he said," I added, shrugging.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Stronin

He had never truly been a blacksmith.

It had simply been another job; one that would get him out of jail.

But, as he looked upon his completed sword ...

"So that's how she feels, huh," muttered Stronin, eyes wandering over the metallic surface of his newest creation. "Not bad ... not bad at all."

'Salad man' as he had so dubiously been dubbed, now stood from his seat (but still held his eponymous salad in one hand, eating with the other) eyes intent on Tehlin and Zauk.

"Are there any more...I don't know, details you can tell us?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

OOC: Saedrak and Aidrak from Le-Wahi

IC: Saedrak & Aidrak

"Man... is it just me or is it hot in here?"

"We're in Ta-koro, of course it's hot in here!!"

Saedrak, irritated by the heat, failed to realize the joke Aidrak had just made, leaving the two in an awkward situation. Not for long, though, Aidrak had a knack for awkward situations, and knew just what to say... that is, he would, if he wasn't distracted by the excessive heat.

The two were sitting at the Ta-Koro inn, each with a drink in hand, discussing their next course of action.

"It's obvious where we go from here. Straight to Ga-koro. We go into the Onu-Wahi highway again, and dig to Ga-Wahi, essentially finishing our journey where we started." Aidrak took a sip of his drink, and stayed silent for a second. Saedrak, how ever, smiled. Sure, the water wasn't the best thing in the world, but it was miles better than that karzahni cursed air village.

Besides, he had grown to like Ga-Koro. They had to stay there for a while after docking there on their badly damaged boat. To make matters worse, a ridiculous course of events lead to someone sinking their boat, essentially stranding them in the village.

That was when he approached them.

-------------

IC: Ankarya & Dia

Hammering the metal day in and out was tiresome work, but it kept her in shape. Surprisingly, all of this blacksmithing had done nothing to improve her masculinity, but non the less, it was definitely strengthening her. Dia sat on her specially-made blacksmith's wheelchair, designed to be adjustable for what ever job she needed to perform, but also provided her with mobility.

Meanwhile, Ankarya ran around, fetching Dia tools, doing smaller jobs around the forge, and most importantly, keeping the flames hot. She may not have been a master blacksmith, but she'd cursed to karzahni if she wasn't good for something around the forge...

OOC: Ankarya and Dia's forge is currently open for business.

Edited by Toa Onaku

OOC: Finally...she’s back.

IC (Kohra):

The Vortixx was sitting on the rough stone floor of her cell, a windowless pit hewn into the bedrock of Ta-Koro with little to no attention paid to the comfort of the occupant. Not that anybody who was imprisoned down here deserved any form of comfort, considering their crimes. And she was no exception; the blood of Matoran was on her hands. How many, she didn't know. Two dozen, maybe more. She was hoping for the latter. These people worshiped a great spirit that had no right to rule in the first place and they had condemned their rightful master to the abyss. And now Makuta was gone and his gifts to her along with him, leaving her in agony. Somehow, her mental connection with the master of shadows had made her dependent on his presence, addicted even, on a level she hadn't known about. Her body was in constant, excruciating pain that would not fade. It was there when she rose in the morning and it kept her shaking and trembling, unable to properly function, until at last the exhaustion would become too great and she passed out for some hours of blissful unconsciousness. Kohra was left broken, a pathetic being robbed of all strength she might have had at one point, save for her will to live. But she had not given up yet. Despite all the pain and anger, something inside her kept her going in her solitary confinement.

She had her legs tucked in, hugging them tightly to counter the tremors. A bead of sweat ran down her cheek and dripped onto the ground. She couldn’t even tell if it was warm or cold. But at least, she wasn’t alone today. Across from her, on the other side of the bars, stood a Toa. A Toa she knew all too well: Draeverian. The blind Toa of sonics had come to see his personal demon for one last time, to enjoy the sight of her behind bars, so to speak. Draeverian naturally couldn’t see it, but as he spoke the Vortixx listened intently, head down and eyes closed. She focused on his words, let them sink in and committed them to memory. The way he stood, head turned as if looking at her, zeroed in on whatever little sound she made, the furrowed brow, but also the undeniable nervousness in his posture, the tightness of the jaw muscles.

The image and sound of one blind Toa, just barely keeping himself together made her dark soul giddy and a psychotic smile formed around her lips. Here was Draeverian, the little Toa who couldn’t. He wanted to be a hero, in fact, was a hero; but when it came to being acknowledged as such, his own consciousness stopped him, just a few steps short of greatness. She had seen to that. He was right in berating her of course: She had used and abused him, implicating him in more than one attack on the Koro, not to mention the psychological trauma. But, deep down, buried under all the spite she had for the likes of him, there was a hint of regret. In a way, Draeverian was the only one who really knew her. Even the other followers of Makuta, for the most part, were unaware of who she was or what she had done, except for the few that Makuta had kept in the know. And she had only met them in person just before Makuta’s downfall.

Which made Draeverian the only one that would remotely qualify as a friend she had made on Mata Nui.

Draeverian shrugged off the feeling of misfortune shrouding his mind like a storm front. He felt uneasy without seeing her face. It was an effect he could never fully rid himself of. Draeverian shifted on the uncomfortable wooden stool, but still the feeling lingered. The world felt ripped out of focus, pulled into her black hole of a heart. He felt his own burn with vengeance, jealousy, and something more he would deny until death: excitement.

“What’s your game, Kohra?” He finally asked, a hand brushing back the black ties of his blindfold. It had been a question plaguing his thoughts since the beginning in Le-Koro when she had caught him unawares and began what would only become a destructive relationship.

~

The warm wind and Summer sun drifted across Draeverian’s features, his arm stiff in the cast from the humiliating defeat at the hands of The Brutal Bard. Mita laughed and gave him a pat on the shoulder before launching herself into the fray of commercial opportunity farther down the Le-Koro platforms. He could hear her guitar in the distance, strumming metallically with improvised lyrics worthy of widgets to make her stop. Draeverian chuckled.

“Draeverian Joskiir?”

The toa in question turned his ear toward the sound in front of him, feeling the waves of sound ripple off her tall figure and bounce from the slim physique. “Call me DJ. What you need?”

~

“What’s the motivator behind the dominator: sadistic revenge, or something greater?”

Rivet rustled into his consciousness soft as a feather, finding herself curious how the Sorceress Of Death behind bars would answer. She was a gray mist without substance or temperature, and yet her presence gave Draeverian the fortitude to keep a sound mind.

“I did...what I had to, Draeverian.” she said, her voice hoarse. And for once, there was no malice in her words...she almost sounded...honest? Could that be it? Draeverian didn’t know, but he doubted it. Still, encountering the Vortixx like this...if he could have seen her he might have felt slight pity. As it stood though he only felt slightly less disgusted. Before he could say anything more, the rumbling of a heavy door being opened at the far end of the corridor interrupted him, followed by the rolling of what sounded like wheels coming closer.

A Matoran pushing a cart appeared in the orange light of the lightstones lighting up the passageways of the dungeons. He was wearing a dirty grey rag slung around his waist like an apron and on his cart were several bowls, put in rows and filled with what appeared to be soup or stew. The Matoran acted stiff, keeping his distance and fully focusing on the task at hand. Between shivers, Kohra briefly thought he looked a bit nervous, but the next onset of spasms drove those thoughts out immediately again. He ignored Draeverian and unceremoniously picked one of the bowls. There was a narrow metal board welded to the outside of the bars on which he placed the small meal. The bowls were just wide enough to fit through between the bars. Kohra forced herself to move, tentatively reached for the bowl and retreated back to her bunk with it. In the meantime, the Matoran just returned and left the cellblock again with his cart.

Kohra eyed her food. The smell reached her nose, causing her to grimace. She wasn’t hungry. But she had to eat, despite her body rejecting the food half the time, being the mess that it was. Even if the food tasted good...which is usually didn't, at least not to her...as far as she could tell. Everything tasted like ash here. As she raised the bowl to her lips and took a slow sip of the thick liquid, she suddenly felt something cold and metallic brush against her lips, sending an energized shiver through her. There was something in her bowl...she lowered it and looked down - and froze with a slight gasp. There was a syringe, half submerged and filled with black liquid. The Vortixx reached down, fishing it out of the food. Once again, she felt a weird sensation wash over her. As soon as she came into contact with it, something had happened. She didn’t know what, but it felt...good?

She started at the syringe in her hand and felt her fingers tighten around it. Her mind suddenly had a clear focus, a singular train of thoughts that she had sorely missed for weeks...or had it been months? It didn’t matter now. Somehow, she knew this substance was meant for her to use. Not use as in “grab the nearest guard and stick them with it” and neither as an ace up her sleeve for later. This was meant for herself…

Her hand turned the syringe ninety degrees, the metal of the needle against the flesh of her arm. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath - and pushed.

Outside the cell, Draeverian noticed the lack of noise coming from the Vortixx. Before, she had been twitching, her body scratching against the stone of the cell, unable to stay still...and now there was near-perfect silence on the other side of the bars.

As the silence continued Draeverian's face took on a suspicious expression. Throughout his life he had learned that silence in such a situation was like the calm before the storm. Hesitantly he spoke out to the direction in which Kohra had been before.

"Has the food stunned you into silence? I doubt it is that good."

Still no reply. Then suddenly, a painful gasp, followed by a groan. The Toa of sonics stepped forward, listening closely. The soundwaves painted a mental image of the room before him. No details, but Kohra was not sitting on the bench. She was kneeling on the floor, arms wrapped tightly around herself in pain. And then, she stopped...and started to stand up. And that’s when Draeverian realized something was terribly, terribly wrong. As he reached for Rivet, he heard the sound of soft, evil laughter.

Inside the cell, Kohra felt great, ecstatic even. Her mind that had been clouded for months now was finally clear again, she was focused...and she had power. She could feel it surging through her, concentrating in her clawed hand. Whatever had been in the syringe, it had made her whole again. And that meant, she was finally in control of herself again...she could finally do something about this predicament she was in. She chuckled and raised her hand. The next moment, the door of her prison cell was torn open.

The telekinetic force continued and slammed into the Toa of sonics, then into the wall behind him, taking Drae with it. With a crack his head collided with the stone, his ears desperately trying to adjust for the sudden loss of balance.

Through the muffled filter, he heard the soft crunches of her heels on the stone floor getting closer. Kohra crouched down next to the fallen Toa of sonics and dropped the syringe into his lap. Then she stood up and coldly smiled down at him.

“You really are my only friend on this forsaken island...after all, you’ve always been there to get me out of trouble.”

The Vortixx turned and left, quick steps carrying her down the corridor. She needed to get to the outside. She knew they weren’t expecting trouble from her and least of all an escape attempt, but somebody surely had heard the commotion. As if on cue, two Matoran carrying spears hurried around the corner in front of her. As soon as they spotted her they levelled their weapons. “Halt!” they ordered. Kohra stopped, standing casually, her arms slightly outwards and palms facing out. “Okay, you got me.” she calmly said.

The guardsmen were tense, mostly because they had no idea how a ‘junkie Vortixx’ like her had managed to set a foot outside her cell block. One of them took a step forward. “We’re escorting you back to a cell. Come quietly or there will be trouble.”

“You really should take care of my Toa friend back there first, though.” Kohra replied, sounding as innocent as possible. “He hit his head pretty hard on the way out...I don’t know if he’s gonna make it.”

The Matoran’s eyes narrowed. He and his colleague exchanged a glance. That was all she needed. The first guardsman was suddenly yanked to the side by a flick of her wrist, mask shattering as he hit the wall. He fell to the ground and laid still. His partner growled, tightly gripping his spear and came rushing at her, but another telekinetic push tripped him and a second later the Vortixx was on him. Kohra’s arm shot forward, the aim straight and no muscle spasms to hinder it from closing around the Matoran’s neck like a vice. She pulled him up to his feet, placing her left over his mouth. She could feel him shudder as he got a close-up view of the seemingly rotten flesh of her arm.

“Now then,” she said softly, “we’re going to go on a little trip and you’re going to be me guide. I hope you’re good at it. I don’t have a ball of thread to mark my path through this place so if you get us lost I’ll just have to start using your blood. I’m sure you understand.”

His eyes were wide with fear, but not panic. Ta-Koro trained its people well. But he nodded, as far as her hold on him would permit. Kohra unceremoniously started dragging him along. As much as she enjoyed getting a little payback on her captors, indulging herself was out. The two guards surely weren’t the only ones who had heard the noise. Her quick reaction had bought her a few minutes at most.

Finding the stairs out of this cell-block was not a problem, she remembered those last few meters before getting tossed in her cell very well, but beyond that she needed the Matoran.

“Where to?” she asked as they reached the top of the stairs. He glanced to the side and she immediately followed the direction. She wasn’t going to risk taking her hand off of his mouth. They continued in this fashion, Kohra hugging walls, checking around the corners to avoid running into more guards and confirming with her captive every few turns. Finally, after another staircase leading up they were in a broad corridor with doors on the side and at the end. Kohra could hear muffled voices from somewhere nearby. She stared at her captive. “Where to?” she asked, her tone very dangerous. She trusted that her grip ensured he would rather tell her the truth than die, but for all their misguided idealism and faith, Matoran weren’t stupid and she couldn’t rule out the possibility of him misleading her. But so far they had not encountered any resistance. The guardsman’s eyes darted right, indicating a door at the end of the hallway.

They approached it and, being unusually helpful, the Matoran reached out to open it. A second later the Vortixx found herself standing with her hostage in what could only be the female changing room, looking back in the surprised faces of about a half dozen guards in various states of dress and undress. There was a second of silence, the guards assessing the situation while Kohra surveyed the room. Lockers, benches, showers, clothes strewn around and only a bunch of naked Matoran between her and the window at the far side, large enough.

The second passed, and then the ruckus started. The Matoran started yelling, the half-dressed ones started moving towards her and Kohra herself started running. She let go of her captives mouth for a second, shattering the window with a telekinetic push while taking the running leap out.

As she fell she thought she heard on the female guards shout “Not again!”, before cushioning her landing. They still hit the ground hard, but not hard enough for her to lose her grip on the Matoran. Whatever had been in the syringe was blocking her muscles from screaming out against this sudden amount of activity. As soon as she had caught her bearings again, the Vortixx was moving once more, dragging the struggling Matoran along to the nearest alleyway. He had tried to trick her after all. She roughly pushed him against the wall. He tried to yell out, call for help, but as soon as his mouth opened her grip tightened, crushing his trachea. The claw of her left followed, seizing his tongue.

The only sound the guardsman made when she finally let go was a soft, wet gurgle, liquid spilling out in pulses, running down his wrung neck and staining the armor before pooling around the body.

Kohra dropped the remains into the dusty ash on the floor, not bothering to wipe her hands clean. “Good luck calling for help” she said softly, a sinister smile tugging at her lips, before disappearing into the shadows as the first real alarm sounded behind her.

• Upvote 2

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Oreius, Inu)

Oreius couldn't help himself but to chuckle at the Toa of Air's entrance, which was worthy of Toa Lewa himself in sheer grandiosity and flair. His stoic facade broken for the moment, the Toa of Fire reached out with a strong hand and clasped Korero's shoulder in greeting.

"It's good to see you again, brother," he said. Inu echoed his sentiments with the sound of laughter and the taste of wine.

"What brings you to Ta-Koro?"

IC (Korero)

"That's where the happiness ends, I'm afraid," Korero replied, lowering his voice. "We think something big's going on. I can't say more, not out here in the open, but we need to regroup the team."

Conveniently, Oreius' hand was already on his shoulder.

"Now."

Before anyone else could say a word, the Hiko whisked the two Toa Maru away.

OOC: Korero and Oreius to Onu-Wahi

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

-IC: Araedrex Tenebras-

Countenances blur into a singular, distorted visage as my eyes travel betwixt the opportunists. Fire, lightning, sonics, plantlife; their elements are muddled aggregations of vague power and uncertain threat levels (determine power capability before deciding disposition). Rectification of current information status is immediate priority. Review information, consider and study responses to offer. Excitement, uncertainty, barely contained cynicism; all the presupposed emotional responses present (further review in contrast to data that is presented, substantiate via cross-reference of body language and individual history).

Wait until further details are presented, determine truth of statements with empirical observations, react. Of secondary importance, perpetuate false identity. Title creation, perhaps?

Edited by Prodigal

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Cheeky retcon-that-could-always-not-be-a-retcon here, but it's not like anyone was gonna respond to him in Ga anyway.

IC: Kahlynn

A tray with every square centimetre of its surface covered by shot glasses slammed down on the table in front of Zauk and the others. Looking up, the assembled group saw a grinning, red-armoured Skakdi draped in ragged poncho.

"My name's Kahlyn," said Kahlynn. "I'm fairly sure someone said 'adventure'? I'm a gorgeous tracker - that's 'gorgeous at tracking', but also, yes, 'gorgeous and a tracker', you didn't have to - and now that I've bought you all, like, a million shots each, maybe you wanna have me on board?"

There was a silence as he waited, arms folded, that stupid grin still plastered on his face. When no one replied, his teeth faded out of view. "Or maybe you don't like tequila?"

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ

IC: Loren was about to say something to Jaller when a Matoran Guardsman ran up, quickly saluting before giving his breathless report.

"Sir, there has been an escape from the maximum security block."

It feel like there was supposed to be an "again" in there. Loren thought as the Guardsman continued.

"A female Vortixx broke out with what looked like a Guardsman as a hostage. Reports say that she used the window in the woman's changing room."

OOC: Kohra does not have a profile page. It makes looking her up rather difficult.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Kidona

Kidona idly tapped the table as she seemed to consider the situation at hand

Two out of three branches i would not fit in.. so really that leaves me with only one option.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Lana

Boy, this city was getting exciting these days.

Sitting outside my front door no longer seems like a very good idea. Lana thought. Moments ago, she had watched a blood-stained Vortixx charge by. Not really customer material, and Lana was finding herself less and less fond of the species in general as well. Hadn't taken her long after learning their race's name and reputation. Maybe I should install some windows. ...Yeah. Bullet-proof windows. How much'd that cost me? She sighed to herself silently.

The incident had sparked a moment of creativity in the Vo-Matoran, however. The tavern still needed a name. Something to emblazon on the door, perhaps hang a sign over the door even. Something that caught the eye and gave patrons a desire to enter. Or not, depending on their personality.

By now, guards were getting agitated. Lana wondered what exactly had just happened. One day... One day, I'll open up shop somewhere where people bother to tell the innkeepers and tavernkeepers what the Karzahni is going on. ...Right, and maybe someday Makiki Toads will fly and Rahkshi will simply want to enjoy a game of Kolhii. She thought.

Ignoring the recent activity in the streets, Lana pushed open the door to her as-of-yet unnamed establishment and walked inside, allowing the door to bang shut behind her. She needed to fix the unnamed aspect of her tavern.

An old bucket of paint, a paintbrush she had found lying in an alley someplace Mata Nui only knows where, an hour and some creative license later, and she was putting the finishing touches on the door.

The writing wasn't the neatest - the paint was too thin and ran slightly - but the sign nonetheless was there and legible.

The Drunken Murderess

Lana chuckled softly to herself as she shut the door again to allow the paint to set in the Ta-Koroan heat.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC:(Rosh)

Somewhere near Kohra's security block, Roshinua was already on the scene. The detective pulled a magnifying glass out of his bag, proceeding to examine the surrounding area.

"I want some yellow tape," he said to no one in particular, "and a glass of tea."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Saedrak & Aidrak

Aidrak listened eagerly to the exchange going on between the other customers of the inn. Saedrak looked to his partner, noticing he was otherwise engaged, and snapped his fingers in front of him. "Hey! Aidrak! We're here on our own business. That..." He said as he pointed to the others " is none of ours"

"Oh but on the contrary, my friend. It seems there is a certain... adventure in the making here. Riches and glory and all, see? I think..." Aidrak stood up and raised his hand "this is a golden opportunity. Over here! We are quite interested!"

Saedrak put his hand over his face. "Aidrak... don't. Not right now, I'm not feeling very well, and it's probably the karzahni cursed heat of this place"

"Don't worry" Aidrak responded to Saedrak, and looked down at him "I have a good feeling about this."

OOC: Saedrak and Aidrak up for the adventure

IC: Kethrye

The Toa of Ice was seated in the darkest, most secluded corner of the bar, all the better to drink himself into a stupor and wallow in the comfort of his misery, his common most pastimes of late. Everything had fallen apart, the ILF due his incompetence and the group's lack of purpose after Makuta fell, his home Ko-Koro was ruled by tyrant, Kethrye himself had almost got himself killed more times then he would count. Karz on earth, he though, not for the first time, or last time. That's my life.

That was how he had spent the past few weeks, wasting away in his mind with only dark thoughts for company. He new it could last for ever, his money for board, food and alcohol would soon run dry, and he would be forced to make his way back into society again, but for now he was content to slowly kill himself with drink and look out at the world with hate.

"Anyone here up for an adventure?" someone said as he stepped through through the door. Kethrye's gaze rose from his drink to view the speaker through tired, bloodshot eyes. He squinted, recognized the Toa of Plantlife but wouldn't remember when or where. Too much whiskey. He sighed, muttered to himself, then stood, trudging to the chattering throng of beings gathering around the group of "adventurers".

"Treasure, riches, wealth, gold-- call it what you will," a member of the plant-toa's group explained to some curious bar customer. "Some seek power, some seek items of empowerment, it's all the same to me. We don't know specifics, if that's what you're asking, though I can assure you, what we seek is real."

Sounds okay with me, he thought. Tabs didn't may themselves. Heroism, or whatever it is toa are supposed to do nowadays, can wait.

"I wouldn't mind joining in this undertaking," he rasped, trying to conjure his facade of professionalism he had flashed down the drain over the previous months. "If you'll have me. I've as much experience in battle as any, I'd reckon."

Whatever nonsense I'm getting into, it's probably better then then this hole I've let himself sink myself into. Yeah.

'Salad man' as he had so dubiously been dubbed, now stood from his seat (but still held his eponymous salad in one hand, eating with the other) eyes intent on Tehlin and Zauk.

"Are there any more...I don't know, details you can tell us?"

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro Tavern)

"What he said" I remarked, gesturing to the other guy in the bar whose element was hard to decipher at first glance.

"One thing I'd like to know," I asked as I sat down near at the Bo-Toa's table, "is whether or not there'll be anyone else who's after this treasure, someone who might want to throw a monkey wrench into our machinery, so to speak?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

The guy bringing a million and one shots was hired faster than it took for me to down one of the mentioned shots. Mata Nui knows I needed it right about then.

"Alright, you're hired, you're hired, you're hired, and you're hired," I said, counting off the individual being that volunteered one by one, before motioning them over with a tilt of my head. Two Skakdi, one clad in black and grey armor, and another in green and white. Along with a Ko-Toa-

Wait.

Who looked a Karz of a lot familiar. Eh, I'd figure it out.

IC: Zauk

The Toa of Lightning, meanwhile, directed his attention to the two being who had brought of more questions, while Tehlin occupied himself with the large amount of beverages brought by the Skakdi.

"I will answer your questions," He stated, "Specific questions."

Zauk shook his head as the golden-armored Ba-Toa asked about others.

"Not that we are aware of," Zauk replied. "As far as I can tell, there have been numerous attempts to find what we are seeking, though they did not appear to be successful. I will explain more, if you so decide to join us, but not here, too open."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Fine then," he conceded, "for all intents and purposes, I'm part of this group. I will, however, inform you of the fluidity of my membership."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Vygel

Vygel walked the streets of Ta-Koro. It was a laidback day and the Toa of Gravity was soaking in the atmosphere. Also, the stifling heat.

Ta-Koro was a lot more safer than in the last, although he had heard of a massive battle by a mad Skakdi somewhere on the outskirts. Right now, Vygel was enjoying the tenuous peace between the villages by strolling the fortress-village of Ta-Koro.

I need a drink, he realsied. Place seems hotter than I remember it.

The Toa entered the tavern he was currently staying in. He ordered himself some brandy. From one side, he heard a rather animated, multi-speaker discussion about an adventure. He turned in that direction and saw a Skakdi handing out a huge tray full of shots.

Vygel abandoned the untouched brandy and walked over.

"Is there a criterion for takng one of these?" He asked to no one in particular.

IC: Kahlynn

Kahlynn turned slowly, and stared at the Toa for a few seconds as if he was some kind of freak, waiting to see if he was joking. When no affirmation came, he replied. "Well, you either pay me in some form, or you're one of these fine gentlemen I just bought them for. If you're intending to just take one of my hard-earned shots for nothing, you can- well, you can take a long walk off a short cliff." The Skakdi folded his arms and pushed out on his biceps to make them appear bigger to the stranger. "What's it gonna be, kiddo?"

IC:

Nah, of course this isn't awkward. We're just friends - she didn't want money, or weapons, or power, she just wanted to hang out. How could this be awkward?

It could be awkward because she was not only a subordinate, but also because Kino Iho happened to be a stellar mercenary and born flirt whose payment, instead of money or weapons or power, had been to hang out with him.

I'm not gonna let it be awkward. Worst comes to worst, jungle's not that far away.

As Angelus well knew, the jungle was actually an entire Wahi away.

Realizing that Kino would not let him sit around outside her apartment door, spinning in circles with a basket in his lap, for the duration of the night, the Captain stretched out his legs and stood up effortlessly. With his free hand he reached out and knocked politely, twice. "Kino? Hiya. It's Angelus," he asked, as if she could not recognize a basic vocal pattern.

"I brought some pears," said the hapless Toa of Fire, who had (for the record, yet again) achieved the highest, oldest, and most prominent military rank on Mata Nui for his prowess with command and battle tactics.

-Tyler

Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Zauk

The Toa of Lightning gave a quick, almost bird-like nod in understanding to the De-Toa's sentiments, the short movement causing the dusty light of the bar to glimmer across the surface of his worn Matatu. It was a moment before he spoke again.

"We do not expect any commitment," Zauk stated, the last syllable trailing off as his gaze fixed itself on the Toa of Plantlife standing just beside the table, generally making more of a fool of himself.

"Right, right," I muttered as Zauk locked eyes on me. I glanced back around the bar, before raising my voice somewhat.

"Okay, we plan to set off just after sunrise tomorrow, so those of you that need to prepare, I suggest doing so now. Those who have questions, well, I'll do my best to answer. We'll be waiting right at the gate, can't miss it."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro Tavern)

"Right-o" I mumbled as I put my hat back on, sparing a wink at the other Bo-Toa in the group, she was pretty cute.

"Oh, by the way," I added with a remark to the other Toa of Gravity who'd just come over asking about the shots, "you can have mine, I don't drink"

With another flash of flickering flames on my golden kanohi, I stepped outside. There were a few things I had to take care of before I went on my merry way with this merry band of adventurers.

Merrily.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

-IC: Araedrex-

Discourse, exchange of information, air thick and heavy with the scent of too many beings; mental processing sluggish, slothful in response to overload. Must react to information already acquired, no chance to acquire any further conclusion-supporting data. Not ideal, to be certain, but managable. Stride over to the two entrepreneurs, bow deeply, organise speech for maximum personal advantage

"Good sirs," the bow ends with eye contact betwixt myself and the Vo-Toa, casual and friendly in nature, though tainted with a hint of arrogant majesty. "I offer myself as a potential venturer in your upcoming search for riches and fame, if you shall have my company. I am known as, and may be refered to by, Basileus Incaendium, if such a title is pleasing to your persons."

Edited by Prodigal

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: [Vygel]-[some inn/bar/tavern]-[in front of an annoyed Skakdi]

Vygel , unfazed, took one of the shots and downed it in one gulp. Or at least, tried to. He gagged halfway and coughed.

He cleared hs throat.

"So what's-koff-I hear about-koff-adventure?" he asked, sparing a glance at the Toa of Fire who just appeared.

IC: Draeverian

The solid impact of head meeting wall was enough to scramble DJ's head and make it hard for him to focus. But when that insufferable ringing started is what drove his senses over the edge and caused him to drift and slowly lose consciousness. But just before the sweet silence of the senses shutting down tool hold he could hear Kohra's voice offer one last stab at his moral fiber

“You really are my only friend on this forsaken island...after all, you’ve always been there to get me out of trouble.”

Those words triggered his mind to attempt to formulate one final thought before he was out like a light

I will see you brought to justice. That you can guarantee.

Indeterminate amount of time later

"Hello. Are you alive in there? If you can hear me make a sound."

Was the first thing DJ woke up to. The screechy voice was like a blade to his ears as he laid his hands flat on the floor and tried to push himself up

"Yes yes.. I'm as alive as necrofinch except I sing before death."

The matoran in questions, female by the tone of voice, kept rambling on. DJ personally did not listen as his main focus was getting up and going after Kohra. However as soon as he managed to stand on his own two feet he was greeted by a wave of nausea and he quickly feel back down holding his hands to his head. Apparently that blow from the wall did more damage than he cared to admit. Now that matoran pushed at his chest as she hailed for a medic crew while speaking to him

"Listen hear stubborn toa you are in no shape to be getting up. You will stay here till we can get you to the hospital."

Despite mumbling his displeasure with the situation DJ could not help but admit that the matoran had a point. Even as he mumbled he felt the cold grasp of unconsciousness take over his mind again even as the medics returned with a stretcher and lifted his limp form to the hospital.

OOC: Alrighty looking for someone willing to play a doctor at the ta-koro hospital. Likely the scene would start when they are bringing Draeverian into the hospital on a stretcher

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Zauk stayed back, I saw his orange eyes flicking across the being before us with an alien light. He didn't speak, which was fine with me. I had no such problem operating my motor functions, and held out a gauntleted hand to shake after the being, a Toa who's element I couldn't identify, finished his somewhat out-of-place bow.

"Sounds good to me, Basil," I replied happily, "Glad to have you on board."

At least someone else creepy enough to keep Zauk company, eh?

Of course, at that point a question was raised by another, a grey-armored Toa.

I didn't have time to answer, though, as Zauk cut in.

"We seek treasure," He stated, "And plan to find it. You may accompany us, should you choose to."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Nah, of course this isn't awkward. We're just friends - she didn't want money, or weapons, or power, she just wanted to hang out. How could this be awkward?

It could be awkward because she was not only a subordinate, but also because Kino Iho happened to be a stellar mercenary and born flirt whose payment, instead of money or weapons or power, had been to hang out with him.

I'm not gonna let it be awkward. Worst comes to worst, jungle's not that far away.

As Angelus well knew, the jungle was actually an entire Wahi away.

Realizing that Kino would not let him sit around outside her apartment door, spinning in circles with a basket in his lap, for the duration of the night, the Captain stretched out his legs and stood up effortlessly. With his free hand he reached out and knocked politely, twice. "Kino? Hiya. It's Angelus," he asked, as if she could not recognize a basic vocal pattern.

"I brought some pears," said the hapless Toa of Fire, who had (for the record, yet again) achieved the highest, oldest, and most prominent military rank on Mata Nui for his prowess with command and battle tactics.

-Tyler

IC: (Kino)

I was lazing about in my apartment when I heard a knock upon my door, and shot up from where I was lying on my couch, especially after hearing the familiar voice of Angelus, and to a bored Toa of Air like myself, any activity was better than lazing on the couch, you know unless you had some to do it with. Cheerily I walked over to the door and opened it, to see my favorite captain, since I wasn't sure if I was going to be getting company I was wearing the shorts and a midriff baring tanktop, that well people shouldn't be answering their doors in, but really I'm Kino Iho, you think I care what people think? If your answer is yes, you don't know me, but you'll be getting to. However when I answered, I don't know why but I felt a slight tinge in my cheeks, as if they were growing warmer, upon seeing that Angelus had in deed brought some fruit, pears to be specific. Truth was I hadn't gotten anything that was remotely anything like a gift in a long time, and Angelus, well he's just nice, despite some of the was that was thrown his way, murmurs about Mark Bearers, and his breakup with Tuara, the woman who was once deputy to Jaller himself. "Uhhh, heeyyyy Angelus! How about you come inside? I don't think you've be inside my apartment before." Trying to play off that my mind drifted a little.

My apartment wasn't too big, was decent enough. Had various books, mostly ones on the various history about the island, including one rather scathing one about my home. I was tempted to burn that book, and then kill the man who wrote it, but I figured I had to not give into that. Even though I wanted to, would reflect poorly on Ta-Koro Guard, lose good friends, not really worth it. I had a kitchen, but I'll be honestly I'm not much of a chef, or a baker, suppose I could learn, my bedroom, was rather roomy and attached to the bathroom, overall it was small, nice, and manageable, was a good place to relax, but at times felt emptier than it should have.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

Kino's door swung open a millisecond later than the Toa of Fire'd expected - still lightning quick, though; she must have vaulted up from her feet, or been pacing at the door waiting to arrive; had he been late? - and the Le-Toa mercenary was leaning in the doorway. Mild blushes, little scarlet brushstrokes along her sharp cheeks, dotted the spaces under her grey eyes, soft as fog. He almost didn't recognize her without the trademark smirk, Investigative Corps badge, and all the leather.

"Hey," the Captain said, sparing not a second glance at Kino's wardrobe (and, it was more than likely, not even a real first glance.) "Hope you need pears."

"Yeah, I've been meaning to head to the market, come on in, would you like something to drink?" I replied, with my typical smirk.

"Yeah, if there's any coffee, thanks," Angelus said gratefully, smiling at Kino and then walking into the apartment; his keen eyes scanned the apartment like it was a jungle grove, crawling with predators and snakes. They visibly lit up when he found the counter and his smile upped a notch. On his way to the kitchen, he grabbed a blanket off Kino's couch and draped it around her shoulders. It made her look small for a second, lost and far away; the fabric swallowed her whole, from neck to knee. For a second, Angel wondered who the last person here had been. Everything was freshly dusted, taken care of, but had stayed in what looked like its proper place. Nothing looked as if it had even been toyed with. Contrast with what he knew about the flirty, quick-witted, endlessly extroverted Kino Iho, it was a little jarring.

"It's drafty in this building," he explained naively, when her fingers brushed the hem of the blanket and looked up at him curiously. "If you keep dressing like that you're gonna catch the sniffles." When he turned back around to reach the counter, he could have sworn he'd seen her smirk transform into a full-bodied smile out of his peripherals.
He reached the pot and casually toyed around the coffee with a spoon, closing his eyes and heating it back up to a relatively drinkable temperature. While he stirred, the Captain of the Guard looked back up and took in the apartment at a glance. It was definitely more spartan than he'd expected, homey in a way; but to the Captain, who had spent more nights than not fallen asleep on a couch in his office or on the desk itself over the plodding course of the last quarter of a year, it may as well have been the ballroom of some grand, sprawling palace. An empty ballroom, though. Aside from a few books arranged by the couch, on a small table, and stacked in increasingly odd, intricate patterns on their shelves, there wasn't a lot in the way of decoration. The entire quarters were designed with anything but showiness in mind. How well do I really know her? he asked, not for the first time since they'd captured the monorail bomber, and not for the first time many of the answers alluded him. Kino Iho, a mercenary with an impeccable reputation and a wicked smirk, yeah. But that was practically all the dossier had. It was as though she fragmented herself and then reassembled herself as she went along through life - most of what he had was unconfirmed reports from other Guards and vague rumors of a childhood spent in Xa-Koro. His eyes traced the basket of pears, which Kino had set on the small coffee table in front of her couch; they were sitting to the right of an open book, turned away, but he could clearly see the Matoran lettering for "Xa" in a dull goldenrod on the spine. Doesn't confirm anything. But it did give him a little bit more of an idea of who this woman was.
Still. He couldn't trust her as far as he could throw her (as far as mercenaries go, no surprise there; heck, a lot of the people Angelus had investigated the Mark Bearers with had been that way, and that was practically how his relationship with Joske had started out - and that was Joske!) but it didn't mean he couldn't like her. And he did like Kino. Whatever else she may or could have been, she was friendly and charming, and whether this was a trap or not at least she wasn't breaking the Guard's bank in laying it out. It'd do you some good, anyway. Agni had left town with Tuara and Dorian Shaddix months ago and never came back with either; he hadn't seen Cael and Joske since he'd held the line for them at Kini-Nui; he was alone now, with his late nights and his what ifs. Even the jungle had been taken from him - the new job had come with a fancy badge and a cush office, and in return it had taken the jungle.
Even after all he'd lost, that still never failed to sting Angel the worst.
The coffee was whistling as it came back to something resembling its original hot temperature, and Angelus smiled at Kino as he poured a cup for each of them. One was a little bit more drinkable, and a little bit more full; that one he passed off to the mercenary herself, still cuddled up underneath her blanket. Her arm poked out oddly from under the fabric as she took a sip. The Captain took a sip of his own and left the counter to sit beside her on the couch. A muted, blank wall met their gazes head on for several seconds before he turned to look at her. Don't let it be awkward.
"Probably should've said something better than I brought some pears for a hello. That was, uh, pretty graceless," he admitted, sheepish, playfully grimacing. "Jungle boy. Still getting used to the pleasantries. Bear with me?"
-Tyler
Edited by young sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Ryzen from Ta

IC: Ryzen

I've been walking for a while now, perhaps a few hours. With slightly narrowed eyes, I looked around at my surroundings, trying hard not to miss anything.

"An inn," I muttered to myself under my breath. There weren't many people around me, which I noticed, but perhaps this wasn't a very crowded area. I shook my head and went on my way.

OOC: Open for interaction

Edited by Dragonstar7

OOC: Zelvin from Le-Wahi

IC: Zelvin (Ta-Koro)

Walking along the Ta-Wahi beach brought back memories, of both the good and bad kind. She threw a glance at the outlook with the telescope, pondering for a moment or two whether or not she should check her horoscope for the day, but eventually decided against it; she wasn't that much of a crusty old gasbag just yet.

She turned and went in the direction of Ta-Koro as she tossed a few of the more landmark memories around in her had. To think, it was on this very beach he'd knelt down before her, and asked that question. The ring hadn't left her finger since, but not soon after she'd seen him for the last time, before she'd disappeared from his life altogether. She simply could not find anything for her in the life he envisioned for them.

Where was he now? She had no idea, and she didn't bother herself with a logical solution. The way she saw it in her mind, he was still standing there by the altar waiting for his bride...

She sighed just a tad as she passed the gates.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Elysi

While not exactly somebody who enjoyed drinking, Elysi enjoyed frequenting bars, usually for the unique atmosphere each and every one of them possessed. There was something amusing about violent bar brawls, crying drunks who had been cuckolded by their partners, and shifty-looking brokers who would always sit in a dark corner. They represented the darker side of society, one normally only appeared after the streetlights went out.

Normally.

She was pretty sick of getting hired to roughen up the boyfriends of rich businessmen's daughters in broad daylight. Really, if they wanted to be intimidating, they should pick up a sword themselves instead! Her father had done that to her boyfriends back when he was alive, and while she didn't exactly appreciate it, she could at least admire the fact that he was honest with the world that he was a gigantic prick who had actually deserved to die in a horrendous fire.

"Well, this place looks new," muttered Elysi, moving towards the door of a bar known as 'The Drunken Murderess'.