BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vygel

Vygel turned and saw To a.

"Hi, I didn't see you there. I'm Vygel. This is Aidrak, Saedrak and Zauk."

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro Gates)

"Helios" I said simply, giving a nod both to my fellow Ba-Toa and the Skakdi pair next to him.

"Pleasure to meet you.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Lana

Lana snorted quietly as she gathered the widgets and pocketed them. She gave the counter a quick cleaning with a bar towel, then took up her original position of leaning against the wall behind the counter, arms folder over her chest and eyes half-closed while she watched her patrons. She appeared to be almost asleep, in fact, though in reality she was observing everything and anything within the range of her senses.

It was a trait she had learned long ago, from years of barkeeping throughout the world.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC: Ryzen

I push into the bar, and scanning the area before me, I decided I need a drink, first thing I do. Real badly. I head to the counter, while searching my seemingly vast pockets for any money on me. Good. I smile to myself. Seems like I won't be thirsty for a while. Just a small problem. The bartender seemed to be asleep, but not quite.

I cleared my throat, quite loudly. "Um, hello?"

"Yeah, I noticed that, too" I admitted with another nod in Vygel's direction, and another one to the crystal-armored Toa I'd chattered treespeak to last night.

"How about you two?" I asked, looking towards the two Skakdi.

"I'm pretty sure there was a third Skakdi there, you didn't notice him anywhere did you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aidrak & Saedrak

"Yeah, no, we don't look out for anyone but ourselves, mate. That skakdi is of no concern to us. You aren't looking out for every toa you see, are you?" Saedrak replied in a condescending tone.

Aidrak meanwhile rubbed the back of his head in what seemed to be embarrassment, while smiling awkwardly.

Jeez, seems someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today, or maybe the right side and they're actually just this grumpy by deafult.

"I guess not" I admitted, before adding "I was just wondering"

"Why don't we start over?" I said, offering my hand to Saedrak.

"Name's Helios"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

The Vortixx' eyes narrowed under the hood of her makeshift ragged cloak. Her purple glare met the newcomers green one as they sized each other up. They had only once before, but even with the changed appearance, Kohra recongized the posture, the air of superiority and the malevolence that was as present as the dark aura surrounding him, almost sucking in what little light fell through the trees onto him.

"Echelon."

She slightly relaxed, her expression changing from tense to something that almost looked like she was pleasantly surprised by his appearance. She tilted her head slightly back and pulled the hood back with her right.

"Looks like I missed out on quite a few changes while I was gone."

IC (Echelon)

"Changes for the better."

The Dark Toa approached her, the butt of his staff kicking up wisps of ash with each step.

"But tell, me Kohra," he said, "it is said that your connection to the Master of Shadows was among the strongest...tell me, at the end, what did you feel? And all this time, shivering and incarcerated in Jaller's dungeon, what did you feel?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Zauk

The Toa of Lightning glanced up, his orange eyes focusing on Vygel for a moment of silence, as if he was trying to figure out how to speak.

"Of course," Zauk replied, his gaze flicking to the partially assembled group behind the Ba-Toa, "I don't know exactly what we will find, though judging by what I've learned about it, the "treasures" there appeal to a variety of different aspects. Some may be simply valuable, some may be worthless in all aspects but their beauty, some may have not use to those seeking a fortune but invaluable to scholars or warriors. And still some may simply be wonders on their own."

The teal-armored Toa reached inside one of the many pockets lining his coat, a piece of wear that did not fit the current environment he was in, before pulling out what looked to be an average heatstone. He then tossed the object to Vygel.

"That is reported to be from the same place of which we speak. Don't ask me how it works, because I don't know. No, it does not seem to be worth anything, supposedly there are much more interesting objects to be found."

Upon closer inspection, the Toa of Gravity would find that it wasn't like a normal heatstone, as it has a distinctively blue hue rather than red, but that wasn't the strangest part. More so was the fact that it was ice cold to the touch, sucking the heat from the area around it.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I gazed upon the azure blue crystal in Vygel's hand, and though I didn't like to admit it, a small trail of something sickly and bubbly was wiped away from the corner of my mouth as I regained some of my composure, watching the stone glow with an aura of blue chill as if it were hewn from the very depths of Mount Ihu.

It was unnatural

It was awesome

"Good-Great Spirit-God in sky-cloud above" I proclaimed.

IC: Zelvin (The Drunken Murderess)

She chuckled, a sound like the ringing of rusty bells.

"Money and overbearing fathers don't go too well together, I could've told you that much"

"Pray tell, how long have you been doing this, Elysi?"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Lana's eyes opened fully again as she eyed the newcomer. Toa of ice, that much she could tell. He wasn't too readable though. Oh well, he was digging in his pockets, a sure sign he was an actual paying customer.

"What can I get you?" She asked, pushing off the wall and uncrossing her arms.

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC:

"It's just a little gift for a friend. Don't worry about it," the Captain assured her, waving his hand lazily. "I hit the market for fun anyway. Killed two Rahkshi with a single stone."

Kino smirked and let the blanket fall in bunches onto the sliver of couch between them; Angelus idly curled a corner around his finger and then uncurled, curled and uncurled. Kino Iho put her head back and smirked at him again, and this time he had no choice but to look at her with an amused half-grin of his own and sigh.

"What?" he asked, with a little more good-nature. "What's that smirk for? If anything I should be the one smirking. I was promised the best steaks on all of Mata Nui and instead here you are in workout clothes. Unless 'steak' is some awful Kino-speak euphemism I'm missing out on?"

-Tyler

IC: (Kino)

"I was just resting, wasn't sure when you'd be here, digging yourself out of all that paperwork, glad to see you survived. Don't worry, it won't take me long to get ready," I replied with a smile. Patting his thigh I got up and walked to my room, closing the door behind me. I spent a short time in the bathroom, freshening up as needed. I must admit I was rather giddy, but also a bit nervous and it, I hate to admit this. This was my first real "date" if you could call it that. Yes, I know how awkward and sad, but literally the last twenty years of my life have been pure , and those first ten weren't all that great either, not a lot of time for the small things. No, I'm not talking about Pae, not yet at least, it's a sore subject so we'll leave it at that. After striding out of the bathroom, I shed my casual clothing, and slipped into something more appropriate for a night out.

I went and got this dress in Le-Koro about a month ago, and I saw this thing and I just had to have it. It was this jet black evening dress, with blood red trim, the dress was cut to reveal nearly my entire left leg, while retaining decent enough modesty, it was so perfect, the red and black went so well together, and when I tried it on before I absolutely loved how it loved, it just fit so perfectly very classy and yet very tantalizing, something I'd say fits my personality well (some dispute whether I have any class though, they can kindly off). Patting it down, and gathering my stuff for evening out I opened the door, and spoke.

"Well, what do you think?" I asked, interested in Angelus' response.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: (Matrapolix)

"Can we use the stone to track the rest of the treasure? At my lab back in Ga-Koro I can run a diagnostics test on it and try to triangulate the source. I won't be able to pinpoint its location of origin by any means, but with any luck I can find us a place to start looking."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

"Mhmm" she mumbled noncommittally as she sipped at her drink, letting her eyes wander back and forth a few times.

"So, Elysi, tell me, how come you've got those dashes of blue in your makeup? Last I heard Toa of Fire tended to stick to reds and oranges"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

I playfully poke ol' Keth, same ol' Keth, in the chest, grinning in that devil-may-care way I grin all the while. "Speak for yourself, man," I say, watching the Ko-Toa try and hide his stumbles, "I've been on the straight and narrow road to recovery since I left Pala. I'll have you know I've only been in a fight twice this week. Talk about progress, eh?"

We chuckle, a friendly sound that ultimately sounds tired. I lean over on the table, and ask:

"So, what's up?"

I was over at the front door of Ta-Koro, hands on my hips, rucksack slung over one shoulder, a neutral expression on my face. It was a motley crew that these adventurers had rounded up for their treasure hunt, but at least they had kept the cut throats and grade-A criminals to a minimum. Most of us seemed like the rogues and scoundrels of Mata Nui, mainly just out to try and get in a few last thrills and spills before we were ultimately found dead in some back alley during an escapade gone wrong.

"Don't suppose anyone's seen that Ko-Toa from last night yet?"

OOC: Sorry about the late post.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Don't think so, he was the one with the Tryna, wasn't he?"

Without waiting for an answer, I offered a hand to the Vo-Toa, with my hat slyly on angle.

"I belive we halfway ran into each other last night, name's Helios"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"I, uh...I just wore...stuff." Angelus knew enough from his handful of years amongst Matoran society that isn't the kind of critique most beautiful people like to hear when they ask for an opinion, so he quickly added a, "That doesn't mean that you don't look stunning. Because, I mean. Obvious. You do."

Better!

"Ah, it's nothing Angel, thought it would have more wow, don't worry." I smirked wrapping an arm around his waist. "Come on, we should really get going."

"Hey, wait wait, wait up." The Captain of the Guard put two fingers on Kino's wrist to stop her from moving and reached over her shoulder to the basket of pairs; carefully, he extracted a single golden rose and pressed it softly into her free hand. I mean, I don't know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff, but I've been around people long enough to know that for some reason, they really love random flowers. I'm not a total idiot, so I already cut away all the thorns and stuff so that you didn't get all scratched up."

"Umm...thank you..." I smiled, my cheeks felt hot, and my heart fluttered, I worked the stem around my mask, so it hung just right. I expected Angelus' goofiness, but this gesture was so kind, and unfamiliar to me, it felt nice, it felt right. "Thank you Angelus, I owe you a steak, and a few drinks." I smirked, moving along, and closing the door behind us. My heartbeat so excitedly, I was sure Angelus could hear it, or at least that's what I thought, it sounded so loud to me.
Kino's directions were precise and to the point, even though Angelus had spent longer in Ta-Koro; between his local knowledge and her sense of direction they had woven through shortcuts like needles in a tapestry. Once or twice she directed him into a dark alley with a mischievous giggle that could have meant any number of things, but the giggles were just giggles and Kino ended up toying with his head, making him wonder about the likelihood that a simple cut across a couple boulevards had some deeper, more playful meaning. He would never know how he reached the recommended restaurant without being killed or kissed. Maybe it was better not to know.
Speaking of knowing - it seemed that this restaurant wasn't just Kino's dirty little secret; where he swept his gaze he saw full tables, with prime steaks from Po-Koro and Ga-Koro's finest seafood on every plate. A diabolical idea strikes - a move is made!
He lifted up his badge, and the sea of patrons parted before him. Success!
After they had sat down and taken drink orders (Bula juice for him; not even Kino Iho could drive him to drink before the first course) she looked at him amusedly. "What?"
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Lana smirked. "Oh, I've got just the thing. Fair warning though, if you pass out I'm not responsible for what your fellow patrons might do with you." She said as she dug under the counter.

She emerged a few moments later with a green-tinged bottle that looked like a beer-bottle. "I picked this little mix up on a quaint little island far north of here." She said. "They call it Enemies Tears. Basically, six shots of whisky mixed with some brandy and a Madu Fruit." She smirked again. "Interested? It'd be ten widgets."

"Misdirection is a powerful tool" Zelvin remarked, "regardless of how it came about, you have a very potent weapon at your disposal there. I should know, I've done it myself"

Zelvin's own coloration was also misleading, as the combination of blue and light blue often made others perceive her as a Toa of Water rather than her actual element of Crystal. And that was without mentioning the overpowering aura of calm mellowness that she was capable of projecting when she wanted to.

Her purple eyes (a bit of a giveaway, perhaps) regarded Elysi almost hungrily as Zelvin carefully considered the other Bounty Hunter's appearance, trying to guess her element.

"Given your coloration, and a certain amount of imagination, you could very easily be a Toa of Water or Plasma, or maybe even Crystal. Am I Close?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Ryzen

I took the strange bottle from her hands, noticing her small laugh. "Thank you." She probably is desperate to see me drunk. I find that thought slightly unnerving, but I chose to let that go. Who cares anyway?

I looked around for an empty seat and found one in the corner. Perfect. Making my way to the chosen seat, which I sat down in once I got there. Opening the bottle, I stared at the contents before tilting my head back and I took a large gulp.

IC: Zauk

The Toa of Lightning nodded in response to Vygel's quarry, the movement as quick and decisive as his tone of speech. Zauk then directed his attention to Matrapolix, who had raised an interesting proposition. After a moment of consideration, Zauk replied.

"I... appreciate... the suggestion, though I am quite aware of where we need to go," he said, "appreciate" sounding like high praise given his otherwise indifferent demeanor, "getting there is where the difficulty lies."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: (Matrapolix)

"Understood," he said, nodding. His eyes were locked on the stone, however, and he narrowed his focus on it. "Assuming I survive this journey, would you object to giving me a shard for personal research?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Ic:

Motini made a loud "ECH" sound as she ducked off to the side, slamming her hand on the table involuntarily in the process. She came back up grinning slyly, only to notice that the wet napkin had positioned itself on her shoulder. She freezes, her back remained hunched in the half-ducked position.

Her eyes slowly wander towards Modera, "Take, it, off."

"Nah," Modera maintained steadily. "You want it off, just shrug or blow if off. You're a strong, self sufficient gal, right?" she said and snapped her face forward to leer at Motini menacingly, mostly for no reason. In the mockingly tense moment between the two women nobody barely breathed; Mot was frozen in fear of the moist napkin and Modera was raptly fascinated with giving her newfound friend of sorts a retrospectively hilarious borderline psychotic stare.

And then Modera's hand rose from beneath the table like a disembodied grip, completely unlike Modera's otherwise statuesque demeanor, and plopped two coins onto the table to pay for the food.

Both were suddenly keenly aware that the other patrons had gradually begun to stare at the comical display unfolding before them like a scene from a play. The last hope of avoiding a dismally awkward moment was lost when the widgets rolled off the table and clanked loudly on the floor, drawing the attention of the few others who hadn't become interested in the scenario but were suddenly following the trend and looking in their direction. Still in her hunched posture, only her lips moved as she uttered stiffly, "... Weeeee should go."

Edited by Jenny Quantum