BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

Ic:

"Nah," Modera maintained steadily. "You want it off, just shrug or blow if off. You're a strong, self sufficient gal, right?" she said and snapped her face forward to leer at Motini menacingly, mostly for no reason. In the mockingly tense moment between the two women nobody barely breathed; Mot was frozen in fear of the moist napkin and Modera was raptly fascinated with giving her newfound friend of sorts a retrospectively hilarious borderline psychotic stare.

And then Modera's hand rose from beneath the table like a disembodied grip, completely unlike Modera's otherwise statuesque demeanor, and plopped two coins onto the table to pay for the food.

Both were suddenly keenly aware that the other patrons had gradually begun to stare at the comical display unfolding before them like a scene from a play. The last hope of avoiding a dismally awkward moment was lost when the widgets rolled off the table and clanked loudly on the floor, drawing the attention of the few others who hadn't become interested in the scenario but were suddenly following the trend and looking in their direction. Still in her hunched posture, only her lips moved as she uttered stiffly, "... Weeeee should go."

IC: Motini - Ta-Koro

Mot's eyes narrowed into small slits, "We?"

"Yes, Mot—we," Modera said cooly. "Why? Because I get the feeling you like to live dangerously. I like to live dangerously, too. So, do you want to live dangerously? Because as for me I have six bullets and a fast arm to prove it."

Mot gave a hard look of confusion and surprise. She hissed quickly and under her breath, "I want to live first you ######," her eyes flipped around the bar at wildly fearful speeds, "You're the one cause'd all this ruckus, not me!"

"Come with me and you'll live a thrilling old life of freeflowing wine, midnight escapes and several exes," Modera offered like a goddess giving an ultimatum to an on-the-fence proclaimant. "It'd beat the sleepy life you have right now, princess prettypants."

"Princess prettypants?" She slammed her katana into the wood table so hard it split, "You listen here girly, I don't care for your - likely drug induced - 'I'm a psycho ######' parade around town," she gripped the katana's hilt harder, causing what was left of the weak wood to break apart "but I don't want no part-" Motini was cut off at the sight of a rather large waiter beginning to make his way over to the pair, "Oh." She gaped at the damage she'd caused, "Tell me you've got cash to pay off big, bad, and really bad body odor over there for property damages."

Modera just smiled.

Motini glared back, "You're lucky your germs are burning off my skin right now."

"So," Modera oozed gleefully, "you with me?"

Motini's inner soul seethed. The massive bartender approached, "I'm gonna kill you."

Before the big guy could open his mouth, Motini dramatically thrusted her arm forward, yelling and crying rather convincingly. She gripped Modera's wrist as if she was trying to pry it away from her own without success. She blubbered obnoxiously, "Oh god please don't let her hurt me!" The big waiter turned his attention directly to Modera.

"Is this- URK"

Motini slammed her open palm into the man's adams apple, causing him to choke loudly and become unbalanced. Motini yelled louder, "Peel out!" She grabbed her katana as she jumped on the fallen man's mass. Her feet "danced" on the tops of each table "gracefully" and "definitely not knocking over every meal on the way to the door". She screamed over the "protesting peasants" who "still were not losing their meals to the floor" to Modera, "Go go go!"

"Now you're talkin'!" Modera chirped as she clamored close behind Mot, crashing through whatever food still remained on the tabled Mot sprung from. Her chunky pistol had been drawn and she waved it menacingly before her to deter people from doing anything to slow her down.

One sod decided to do the dubious thing and grab her ankle. Without waiting a fraction of a beat she aimed the veritable cannon at the guy's hand and very nearly shot it off at the wrist, though the bullet only managed to sever his thumb so it was arguably alright to do. The powerful rapport from the weapon both enraged the people within the confines and drove them back with fright, giving Modera sufficient a window of opportunity to leap up and away from a table like a catcher snagging a ball just out of reach—

—and tackle Motini, crashing both proper ladies of class and culture through the deli's wide front window and out into the open street. They rolled a couple times, their impact more or less softened by Modera's pack of wares, and then hastily got up. Modera gave hasty encouragement even though Mot didn't need to be told to "hoist" her "tight ###### up and run."

And so they bolted.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Elysi

"Yeah. Who even comes up with these nicknames anyway?"

IC: Zelvin (The Drunken Murderess)

"I suspect some budding writer of stories with his head in the clouds has taken it upon himself to give whatever he sees a ridiculous name. I imagine he walks by something or someone of interest and suddenly proclaims to all who can hear his new name for the object or person in question"

"Either that or magic is afoot"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Maybe it does, but there is just as much a place for stupidity in this world as there is for a number of other things" Zelvin retorted as she finished her drink.

"So tell me, Crimson Lightning, does your actual power follow suit with that moniker or is it just the armor?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Ic: Modera and Mot made quick work of the distance between the gyro grub hub and a dark stairwell on the wall. Modera had no idea if that specific part of the city was restricted or not but the guards didn't seem to notice them so she figured it would be okay. Still, she didn't want to remain there any longer than it took for her to regain her breath, which she was doing by bending over, holding her knees and inhaling deeply. Every now and then a raspy gasp escaped from her mouth, the telltale sign of a few [hundred] too many cigarettes. That was likely the main reason she needed to take a break after the sprint, too—after all, Modera was lithe and wispy and ran like a leaf in the wind, just... her lungs didn't cooperate for long.

Though when she did come around and stood up straight she leveled her eyes right at Motini, who seemed to opt for a temporary silent treatment, but after sustaining it for a few seconds she cracked a wide, mischievous grin. "That was exhilarating—I knew you had danger in your blood!" She gave a triumphant fist-pump in glee.

Then she turned a bit more serious as the gravity of their petty crime in the police city rang in her head. "But we're not out of the hole yet. This town's small and they'll be looking for us so I say we'd better fly the coop and get the out of Ta before the bridge guards are told to watch for us. So whaddaya say, girl?" she charged as she adjusted her sling pack and tightened its straps.

Ooc: jam with plum.

IC: Motini/Modera

"Are you insane?!" Motini yelled, advancing towards Modera, "Why do you keep presuming I want to be anywhere near your psychopathic arse?!" Motini got really close to Modera's face.

Well, sort of.

She had to crane her neck to look up at the taller Toa, "Do you have a deathwish or something ya dumb #####? I'm about this close to smacking your behind across town and into the arms of the Captain of the guard! 'Get me?"

"I'm not your dumb #####, sis!" Modera fired back, tipping her face down to meet Motini's upturned gaze.

"Mine?! What is with you and..." Motini looked appalled, "Hon, you are just a totally different level of psycho aren't you?"

"Welllll," Modera started, reflecting on the fact that she shot some dude's thumb off and that was only because she missed his wrist, then canned the remark since it was a possibility Mot didn't know her round actually drew anything more than splinters and spilled tzatziki sauce and didn't need to know, either.

"Lesbianest here, Mot," she said bluntly, "I was advocating for us to just, like, up and leave before things got chaotic in there. You were the one who stabbed the table with your sword, you were the one who skimped out of paying for damages, you were the one who assaulted the owner, and you were the one who screamed for us to haul arse outta there. All I did was shoot my [dang] gun once at a table to clear a path and—yeah—crash us through a window. So! To recap, it's you they'd want behind bars but I'm all for keepin' your pouty buns outta the can. So now who's the psycho tart? Huh!?"

"You took me to dinner girly, this is on you!" Motini jabbed Modera in the chest with a pointed finger, "People I haven't even met know 'can't resist a free meal," Mot took a step back, eyes and mouth wide open, "I'm the victim here. You put me in that bar, you' the one that tried to give me some sick diseases from your napkin! I'm nothing but innocent here!" She said with a sense of proudness, arms spread wide, her katana waving about as she gestured aimlessly.

"Not in the akiri's court of law, you ain't," Modera retaliated. "Pretty sure 99% of the people in that place'd agree with me, too. Point is we're both guilty of somethin', whether that somethin's vandalism or vandalism, assault and refusing to repay damages. We've gotta jet. For real now."

Motini scowled, "Yeah. 'Here ya. Been in lock-up here before. Not much of a party if you can believe it."

"Then we're leaving. Honestly, this copper's town's on high enough alert now so we'd best head on out before our faces get put on a Ta-Koro's Most Wanted poster or sumthin.'" She glanced quickly at her wristdial to check the time. She resisted the urge to guffaw. "And I toldja I'd deliver midnight escapes," she said with that familiar lopsided grin.

"God, I've never wanted to punch a face like this before..."

"Prolly not the first time you've said that and it won't be the last, doll. Lezgo—!" Modera said as she took the first daring steps out of their little hideyhole in the wall and out into the street towards the city's bridge.

Edited by Jenny Quantum

IC (Echelon)

"Changes for the better."

The Dark Toa approached her, the butt of his staff kicking up wisps of ash with each step.

"But tell, me Kohra," he said, "it is said that your connection to the Master of Shadows was among the strongest...tell me, at the end, what did you feel? And all this time, shivering and incarcerated in Jaller's dungeon, what did you feel?"

IC (Kohra):

The Vortixx let the dark Toa come closer until they were only a few feet apart. Even standing outside the shadows in the diffuse gray light that made it through Mangai's constant shroud of ash above their heads, Echelon didn't lose any of his menacing appearance. But Kohra did not move. She had been through enough that it took more than appearances to intimidate her. The Vortixx did not back away, quite the opposite in fact; and stepped forward, closing the distance between them.

Though not as tall as the average for her species, she easily matched the lean Toa in height, her face only a hand's width away from his. She tilted her head slightly and whispered in his ear with a sharpness to her voice that invoked a viper's hiss.

"Pain. And hatred. More than you have ever known."

She lowered her voice even more.

"And now...I want vengeance."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"I believe I have a connection in Po-Koro as well, someone called 'The Hapaka' if I'm not mistaken. He's an informant who's given me a bit of helpful information for past bounties."

She said this with a cryptic sneer, taking a sudden fascination in her empty glass.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I don't want to be making a nuisance of myself and "putting down" anyone as you say, but Po-Koro does happen to be my least favorite Koro. All that sand and sunlight, it doesn't go over well with my powers"

Zelvin said this as she produced a sparkling gemstone in her hand. Shaping it with her fingers into a sculpture.

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro Gates)

"Guess so" I replied with a snide tip of my hat. Buckling my hammer to serve as a cane as I got a better look at the Vo-Toa. Her fists very definitely quite tank-like, but once you got face to face with her you sort of forgot about that, it was a pretty face.

"Ta-Koro was always presented to me as a city full of life, but, it seems our little get-together is the only exciting thing that happened last night, because a lot of people joined up."

"So, what's your story,"

The other Ba-Toa in the group cut in, I decided to acknowledge him and let both Vygel and Plagia in on a swift recount of my life story.

"Well, long story short I'm just another wandering Toa looking to make a difference in the world. When someone needs my help, I step up, if no one does, I travel or seek adventure, much like this quest of ours"

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Lana

Lana had resumed her original position of apparent inattentiveness, and noticed that one of her customers, unsurprisingly the one who had ordered her strongest offering, was just about ready to break his Kanohi by falling on his face on the floor.

That will never do. Thought the Vo-Matoran as she quickly made her way over and grabbed his arm, showing a surprising amount of strength for a Matoran as she steadied him. "Easy there mister. I don't need you breaking your mask in here. Bloodstains are a mother Muaka to get back off the floor." She said. "I have beds for rent if you need to pass out for a bit."

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC:

"Adventure, huh?" I said, grinning at Helios, "Don't worry then, kid; given my luck on jobs like this, we'll be having plenty of adventures."

I took a look at the collection of folks we'd gotten for ourselves, and I was ... ambivalent. I'd seen worse, definitely; half a year at Pala-Koro'll do that to you joking it was a great place before it withered and died like a starving animal! But between myself, Helios, his biographer, the organizing trio, the pair of Skakdi over by the side, Salad-Man, and a few other people from either last night or this morning, we sure didn't look like a formidable fighting force. Frankly, we looked more like the treasure-hunting equivalent of a musical being performed by the stagehands because all the actors were home sick.

On the other hand, of course, the ILF managed to bring down a Rama Hive (with some help from the island's militaries but still), so maybe we could just pull off this quest together.

And, I'd already stocked up on liquor the night before, so I was good anyway.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

She nodded.

"You seem quite perceptive, Elysi, I don't think I'd mind working with you on a bounty sometime"

"I can work with that" I replied, looking over Plagia again before throwing a searching gaze around for any arrivals to the group. Nope, didn't seem anyone else where up and about just yet.

So I turned my attention back to Plagia.

"So, what do you do?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

-IC: Hakann-

Ta-Koro's air, calefactive to most, is insipid upon my papillae, an atmosphere polluted with precipitated carbon and vitiated with the halitosis of its occupants. With each inhalation, I assimilate the sultry emotions, the hidden decadence, that underlying fundament of respectable society that satisfies unspoken urges and adsorps the wrath of its inhabitants. The red lights that circumvent me mussitate an annal of woe and abuse, and I listen silently, absorbing, observing, deconstructing. The grunts, the moans, the entirety of the miserable attempts at vocalisation uttered by the beings whose broken forms surround my majesty; they are blending with the stone and the fire, no less a part of this city than the lava and the false heroics. Debauchery and evil are no longer xenoliths in the bedrock of this land's society; they are its cornerstones, unappreciated, inexplicit, but necessary. Violence and lust rain mingled with ash and smoke, crowning this city as the Kingdom of Duality, a land familiar to me in its confusion, its turmoil.

The Guards that march pass me accept the facade of innocence I have constructed, sparing nothing but brief glances. I am unheeded, unnoticed; I am legion, a stranger amongst my fellow outsiders. Criminals need not be aliens to the subjects of their cruelty; distance is not required for deviousness. A true maven of confidence games does not hide from afar; they exploit their target's emotions from whilst personally interacting. Range has its use, but analysis must be performed adjacent to the target of your observations. To learn of a city and its inhabitants, you must breathe the air that they have emanated, feel the grime that their sin has engendered; your total engrossment into the filth of their existence is required for true insight. I have seen the blood and #### that fill the gutters of this Koro, and I know the weaknesses its population attempts to hide from my observant eyes, secrets hidden in fear of extortion. This is a town that harbors the same darkness that all civilizations requires; this is yet another cesspool of disillusionment and illusory courageousness.

This fine city also happens to be the location of Vezok's imprisonment, a geographical attribute they will no doubt come to regret. Due to our glorious leader Zaktan's belief that Vezok is a too valuable a tool for sacrifice, it is our communal task to rescue our azure ami and extract him to strategically suitable safe housing. Personally, I would entrust the Guard with his deplorable flesh, but such a view appears contradictory to the ballot present by my comrades. Still, it is no serious matter; all situations have the contingent probability to become advantageous to my person. For example, whilst my associates are approaching the prison directly, I've decided to locomote towards the designated location via a separate route. The entourage of fools, and their misguided emperor, are literal paragons of danger and potential threat; even the visually impaired must struggle to ignore their axiomatic menace. Meanwhile, I, the unappreciated master of disguises and practicing prevaricator (concerning the true nature of my endearing personality), may walk amongst my prey unnoticed, unexpected, an assassin acculturated into the society of his target.

As I reach my favorite cafe, a quaint enterprise full of dubious intellectuals and laughably confident artists of questionable caliber, I pause in contemplation of one of its residents. A Vortixx, evidently a musician by the case she caries, smiling in her isolation. Nearing two meters in height, no noticeable training in physique, no visible offensive weaponry; in other words, ideal target for the satisfaction of my sadistic inclinations, according to my observations over the past three days. Alas, my mission awaits before me, looming in its importance...

As I briefly checked the sharpness of the several knives I merely happened to be carrying in the adjacent alleyway (coincidentally the route used by my would-be target), a blur of catalina and egyptian blue sprinted past, chest heaving and feet pounding an awkward beat on the cobblestones of the thoroughfare. Of course, Vezok (who else could sprint with the elegance of a Mahi possessing three broken patella?) was followed closely by a veritable host of law enforcement officers, faces set with determination, hands grasping an assortment of weapons. I wisely stayed within the cover of shadow until the drove of armed persons passed completely, and then followed in an average stride, once more joining the crowds of Ta-Koro, a faceless, nameless component in the machinery of the City of Fire, albeit with a sinister motive unbeknownst to all but my twisted, iniquitous self.

Edited by Prodigal

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

The plucky little robot skittered through the cobblestone streets, with spider's legs and devil's intentions.

The streets of Ta-Koro were calm enough that day, and relatively serene despite the myriad of rainbow-colored threats represented across the Koro. The nimble, trained fingers of Vortixx musicians calmly strummed the taut strings of their instruments; it was just past noon, so bartenders were finally dropping all pretense of reluctance to sell alcohol to the perpetually-plastered population of Ta-Koro; a Skakdi was perusing the comics page of the Mata Nui Daily and chortling to himself at a representation of the landing of the Dasaka on Akiri Hahli's turf in Ga-Wahi, while several Matoran were being entertained by a dashing, younger Skakdi who juggled several Kolhii balls around in his large hands. They were suspended in the air and he slowly began to incorporate an entire repertoire of tricks into the routine, reaching a hand under his knee to catch one and then flinging it in the air, bouncing it off the chest of an unlucky Matoran (to the laughs of his companions) and generally drawing the intention of the crowd. Toa were laughing and chatting; the scene was worthy of a portrait.

Meanwhile, ducking and weaving between the legs of a Vo-Matoran who had stopped in for a coffee at the Lavapool Inn, the plucky little robot conquered its long-standing rivalry with the front steps and made its way across the floor; things would have been much trickier if the door was not open to combat the heat with the hope of a fresh draft of wind. It was always humid in Ta-Koro, but today moreso; today, the volcano had bestirred itself for the first time in months, and its heat was acrid and temperamental. A bead of sweat rolled down the faces of the Matoran; the Vortixx wiped their brows; the Skakdi looked up at the Mangai, as if checking the time on some larger clock, and the juggler closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and put one hand behind his back, bringing the routine to daring new heights. His hands were skilled and lazy, hands untouched by any sort of dirty work. He opened his eyes and looked at a Toa of Water, who was making far too much of an effort to avoid his gaze; the sun touched his fine ivory armor and the light traveled down to his teeth, well-kempt and grinning. The Vortixx musician looked at him, too, and smiled.

The air was alive, with the sound of laughter, casual conversation, and the loud clap of Kolhii balls against palms. In the ruckus, the spidery robot and its malcontent was easily missed, until it strode up to the bar. The bartender on duty was of no great significance personally, a day shift manager whose little corner of the sky had been blissfully untouched by the plagues that continued to strike the night shift at the Lavapool Inn - a pretty, popular young bartender with a broken neck who had nearly ended up paralyzed until some quick treatment with a Mask of Healing, a bartender laid off with decent severance to make room for Dorian Shaddix, Shaddix himself, who had eloped with the popular former deputy of the Guard - and who was relatively happy with his lot in life. It was his greatest achievement and his most awful misfortune that he was on staff when the robot came tottering up to the bar, flashing innocuous text on a neon green rectangular viewscreen:

FEED ME?

A panel on its head blinked scarlet. The bartender's brow furrowed, and he stood on the bottom rung of his stool to compensate for his natural Ta-Matoran's lack of height. The screen still blinked. Outside, the clapping grew louder as the Skakdi's juggling grew more extravagant; lost in the open display of impression, a newspaper's page turned to Local. The Vortixx began playing an upbeat, powerful tune that carried through the open door in a small draft of wind. Ragged cheers rose up, and patrons banged on the bar. The robot beeped, and the flashing grew more urgent. For a reason he would never understand, the bartender rose his hands in plication and walked backwards into the kitchen, muttering about some sort of prank from the night shift, or maybe the men and women who cleaned the rooms in the section of the Lavapool that gave it the Inn suffix. He returned a few seconds later with a loaf of bread, still muttering as he slid it onto the table. The robot beep-booped in anticipation; the scarlet flash slowed, ceased, and faded to permanence as it stared at the loaf of bread before it.

Even as the ragged cheer died, another began - the pale Skakdi had tossed all the Kolhii balls into the air at once, and casually watched them. The newspaper reader looked up at him, looked back down to his newspaper, and muttered something.

NO HANDS! the viewscreen read suddenly, in scrolling green font, and it beeped sadly. The crimson light flashed once.

The white Skakdi caught two balls, and lifted his shoulders to catch two more; they rolled fluidly, with the grace of a dancer, and the balls rolled up and down his biceps for a second before he hunched forward, kicked one, then the other, and balanced them on top of the other balls. The cheer reached a new height when the bartender sighed in disdain, lifted the dish with the bread, and placed it on the robot's head. The dish swallowed the red light, and the newspaper folded down.

PUT THE PIECES INTO THE SLOT

MAKE THE RIGHT SELECTION

BUT, BE QUICK, YOU'RE RACING THE CLOCK

The newspaper folded down, and was torn out of my hands in a sudden gust of wind; the pretty Toa finally looked up when the juggling act was finished, and she smiled at Thok sheepishly.

POP. GOES. PERFECTION.

The explosion gutted the Lavapool Inn instantly, swallowing the robot, the bartender, the patrons and the bread instantly as the timer finished pressing into the packed plastic explosives; the powdery agent I'd used to act as a secondary ignition fuel caught the intention of the flames with the same intuition and cleverness I'd designed it to possess innately, and it absorbed and channeled the flames out into the streets proper, burning up everything that wasn't made of hard black rock. Fire spilled from the windows and doorways of the Lavapool Inn with bulimic ferocity, swallowing the supports of the ground floor and sending the building into a slow spiral slant, like a shamed child. Matoran screamed and ran, some to retrieve the guard and some to try and pull any survivors out of the Ta-Koro mainstay. Smoke was billowing from the inn's roof now, and it creaked the telltale creak of instability. Either the Vortixx musician had ran off, or she was swallowed by the blaze; probably the former, because her instrument was lying on the table outside the cafe, unchecked and unblemished.

"What'd you think of her playing?" I called out to Thok. He rolled a Kolhii ball around with his foot and shrugged, biting his smirk in two.

"She lacked finesse," he finally said. "A lot like you, except she had...oh, what's the word...potential."

I spat, and rolled my eyes. My weapon was sitting between my knees, right next to the joystick I'd used to control the robot; I pulled it out cleanly and closed one eye as I pointed the Pickaxe at the table.

"While I loathe to say it, I suppose I'll just have to I'll take your word for it," I sighed, and I squeezed off a shot. Twenty yards away, the instrument shattered.

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Hey there, students of "The Way the World Works 101." Professor Reidak is back for another class. This time, we're going to review our first lesson. How about we start with a pop quiz?

...Oh, don't give me that look. I'll make it nice and easy multiple guess. Even fill in the blank while we're at it.

1. _______ reign(s) supreme.

a. Thok's honesty

b. Hakann's humility

c. Avak's propietary of intellectual property (suuuucker)

d. Chaos

If you answered "d" for "defenestration of sickly Turaga to clean the gene pool," then you are definitely correct. All the other answers are nonexistent, so I don't know about you, but I thought it was a freebie. Not so difficult?

Yes? Well, that's positively splendid. Because we're about to see a few examples.

Example number one: science goes boom.

There's an old proverb I've often heard in conjunction the name of us Piraka: "idle hands are the work of the devil." Or Makuta. Or Zataka. Or maybe - GASP - you and every other being, as the only evil that exists is just as natural as everything else. But I digress. The point is that I do not have idle hands.

In fact, ever since I found this lil' place called "Stralix's Workshop", I've done nothing but devote myself to greater and greater acts of industriousness. Like finding these handy-dandy twisting metal sticks. And twisting them. And throwing them. And making observations, like "twisting makes stick go boom" and "stick is grenade" and "holy ###### I'm going to marry these things." Then experimenting with my wives to see if they have the right detonation time (they do) and if ###### hath no fury like an explosive scorned (it doesn't). While chucking their contents, assorted machinery, and all the other stuff of Avak's wet dreams into the center of the building. Next putting a few of my new babycakes in my similar best friend, Mr. Manpurse, who I just met on the way in.

I believe it is presently advisable to begin increasing entropy.

Edited by Xenophilic Zeno

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: (Thok)

Miss me?

Oh don't lie, I know you did, as always I'm here to make sure my "friends" don't kill and maim as many people as they originally intended. I mean I can't rule an empire of ashes can I? My "friends" don't see the potential of this place, except maybe Zaktan, you never know with Zaktan. Meanwhile murder is Reidak's stress relief, getting in his way too much usually means having your spine snapped over his knee. Not a fate I'm exactly charging forward to greet. Hakann is a sadist pure and simple, death is his meat and terror is his wine, he relishes in the screams of those he eviscerates, for him there is a certain pleasure when the blade breaks the skin and draws the blood. Avak is a engineer who cares only if his inventions work, if they kill better than before, he's a genius by all rights but don't let tell him that, he doesn't need anyone stroking his ego. The destruction of a good chunk of the Lavapool Inn, and ruining my chances of having both a Toa of Water and a Vortixx, I mean let's be honest the Lavapool might have been a place people commonly came to, but it wasn't really that great. I'd say it was average, beyond the occasional cute Vortixx and Toa, there weren't that many real gals that were worth my time. So I guess, the destruction of the Lavapool was something I'd was okay with. Personally I didn't want to get my hands dirty, have you tried washing blood out, it's just so red, and the smell, blech. I'm not squeamish, but I'd prefer to not get blood on me, unless there's a cute Toa gal there to help me. Supposedly this was a "rescue mission", but Vezok never needs rescuing, like at all. I would be surprised if he already got out of prison, I mean he lacks the flair, and my silver tongue, you'd be surprised the places it's gotten me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you could please evacuate Ta, especially the attractive people, it would be a really tragedy if we lose anymore of the hot ones." I yelled out, ushering Toa along, I "accidentally" kicked a few of the vertically challenged along, they're the matoran, right? Why burn Ta to the ground? It has some nice things, and they could keep Vezok, ###### if they killed this team off, I'd be free to do what I please. Then again I still need Zaktan's villiany to build my image, as the peoples' one true savior.

"Ah, Thok," Zaktan hissed, suddenly directly behind me. Where had he come from? I could almost feel the air between our heads shivering. "The people aren't listening to you. But then, words are so paltry beside explosions... are you going to let our dear Avak outspeak you?"

IC: (Kino)

"Ah, nothing, I forgot that being Captain gave you some perks," I chuckled, and sipped my Bula juice as well, I ordered a whiskey sour with a cherry, so they next time they came around we could figure out our appetizer. Well at least Ta was finally quieting down.

Edited by Nia Teppelin

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

From within his fortress, the Akiri of Fire watched his village burn. He had seen the Lavapool Inn explode, his face contorting into a grim, angry line. He was flanked by two Guards, at least, two visible ones, and the Guard Fortress was a veritable hive of activity. Guards ran to and fro, preparing, communicating, all for the sake of the village's continued existence.

For himself, Jaller was not all that surprised. Whenever a maximum security breakout occurred, the village was put on high alert. Guards were mobilized, reserves were activated, and the village was, in essence, put under martial law. The process had already been begun when the Inn was destroyed, and for that, the Matoran was very, very thankful. But there was no time to rest. His village was under attack, and Jaller would burn in the very depths of Karzahni himself before he allowed it to fall.

He pivoted switfly on a foot, stalking deeper into the fortress. His guards followed, but he held up a hand to one fo them. The Guard, a tall De-Toa, a veteraan of Makuta's reign and all the more competent for it, paused, looking at the Akiri expectantly.

"Send word to the field commander, and have him pass it along." Jaller intoned, in complete command of his bearing, though there was no disguising the undercurrent of raw, blazing rage. "Tell him that he is permitted to authorize any and all means necessary to contain this by my authority. The situation has just become a threat of the highest caliber."

"And get down to the couriers office, tell them to inform the other villages of what has occurred here." He paused a moment, looking back towards the window.

"And have them inform any Guards they come across that Artahka Protocol is now in effect."

The Piraka hadn't had any way of knowing, not really. In their arrogance they may not have cared. When their fellow broke out of prison, he was the second maximum security escapee in ten minutes. And for such escapees, there were a certain series of standard measures to be undertaken;

Amongst others, the mobilization of the Guard. While the Piraka had slipped into the city, the Guard had been slipping into the populace, keeping a low profile while they began watching every street and every gate. The reserve forces were quietly mobilized, and while some of the citizens might have noticed, a foreigner would not have caught the difference. They would not have known that they were standing in the midst of a massive net, designed to detect and act upon any trouble like a spider catching prey in its web. The Ta-Koro Guard was considered to be one of the most efficient fighting forces on the island, and there were very, very good reasons for that. As th Piraka would soon learn.

The obliteration of the Lavapool Inn sent ripples across the village, alerting every guard on the streets within minutes. Through a combination of De-Toa alerts and good old fashioned couriers, Jaller's orders were widespread knowledge within minutes of the event. These same couriers slipped out through the gates, carrying word of the attack to every one of the other Koros. But even as these preparations were carried out, the net was already closing around the intruders. As per standard procedure, the guards within several blocks of the event moved in quietly, alert for trouble, while the blocks guards immediately behind them moved in to reinforce their abandoned positions.

The area around the Lavapool Inn was chaos. Screams and cries, the smell of a blazing inferno, and smoke rising high into the sky. It was a scene of chaos, something out of one of the lowest circles of Karzahni. But to the Guard observing, even chaos had a pattern. The Lavapool Inn had always been a village standby, and centered near the main market, it had always been situated in a prime location for observation.

High above the street, on top of one of the undamaged buildings, a De-Toa stood unnoticed. He would not be noticed, either. His Volitak rendered him invisible from a distance, as well as deafened any sound he made. Earphones over each ear filtered out the worst of the chaos, preventing it from bothering his hearing. It was chaos, but it was a chaos he understood. Several figures made no rapid attempt to move when the building exploded, and indeed, one instead began to add to the destruction. A brown-armored Skakdi, instantly labeled a threat. A white-armored one near him tood out with unusual behavior, but he was not yet confirmed a hostile. A whispered word, manipulated by his element to carry only to his allies about the street, marked the Skakdi.

And one moment later, Avak would know pain. Biologically speaking, there were certain levels of sound and pitches of it that would cause excruciating pain, and more importantly, both nausea and the disruption of a sense of balance. Avak was about to undergo this type of sound, which would, theoretically, minimize the risk he presented while the other Guards moved in. This was the only direct action the De-Toa would take for the moment; His primary duty was to observe and relay information to his allies.

On the other hand, the Magnetism Toa stationed in the ground floor of a building across the street, observing the fight through his Akaku, was intended to take direct action. When a threat presented itself, he would neutralize it, as per the instructions of Artahka Protocol. His squad was well-organized; His comrade observed from the roof, and relayed information to all allies. He waited out of sight to act, while his squadmates filtered into the street.

From all possible access points, squadrons filtered in. Though the majority were Matoran, they were ot a vast majority; The ranks were padded out with Toa of multiple elements, a Vortixx or two, and even a few Skakdi. All were wary, and moving according to orders; Close enough together to provide backup to their allies, but far enough away that area of effect attacks would pose little danger. A Ta-Toa with a Kakama could be seen leading one of the squadrons, and a Po-Toa with a Hau leading the other major group. Their eyes swept the crowd, searching for targets.

Their unseen allies observed while they moved in, comfortable in the knowledge that there was still backup scattered throughout the surrounding city blocks. Between the primary and reserve forces, not even the fortress was left defenseless.

The Village of Fire had always been willing to lend a helping hand, and despite their tempers, its people had always been hospitable. But they were fighters, too. And the Piraka would soon learn their reputation.

Win or lose, they would pay for every last casualty.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Mekana

Today was just like any other day, Mekana had narrowly avoided being found out by a guard, ended up 'chatting' with this giant of a Toa about how she was selling iStones. Thankfully she'd managed to avoid answering questions she really didn't want to answer. All she needed now was for some sort of distraction...something to let her slip away and go about her business.

How ironic was it that said distraction was the Lavapool Inn blowing up in her face, the sounds of chaos and screams flooded her mind as the force of the blast knocked her off her feet. She felt the intense heat from the blast, luckily she was a Toa of Fire, and the heat itself didn't do any serious damage.

Mekana groaned as her vision slowly returned, she found she was lying on the hard paved ground, she could make out people running through the chaos, some were running as far away as they could, others were looking around frantically, probably for survivors, still others were just...standing there?

A group of Skakdi stood amongst the chaos, Mekana wouldn't have normally paid them any mind, but something was different about them, it made them stand out. It didn't take long for Mekana's inquisitive mind to draw conclusions.

Slowly she began to pull herself up, adrenaline running high enough that she wasn't sure if she was injured or not, she didn't think so. I need to get out of here...

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: (Kino)

"Ah, nothing, I forgot that being Captain gave you some perks," I chuckled, and sipped my Bula juice as well, I ordered a whiskey sour with a cherry, so they next time they came around we could figure out our appetizer. Well at least Ta was finally quieting down.

IC:

Angelus grinned innocently and took a minute to peruse the menu, lightly flipping the laminated pages with his thumb. "What are you thinking for an appetizer?" he asked.

"You," said Kino Iho. When the Captain looked up over the edge of the menu, he watched her pull the cherry out of her whiskey with two fingertips and pop it off the half-stem with her teeth sultrily.

"I'll take that as a 'basket of chips,'" he deadpanned, rolling back to the entrees even as Kino muttered a "Hey, look what I can do!" and began twisting the cherry stem with her tongue.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Loren- Ta-koro- Lavapool Inn Remains

IC: Why can they not just leave us alone?

Loren all but raged inside the confines of his mind as he helped injured civilians away from the burning Inn. It was all very confusing for somebody who was a stranger to this kind of thing. Ash, smoke and the occasional burning piece of wood filled the area in the area directly next to the ruined building. Luckily for several Matoran, this was not the first time Loren had dealt with a situation like this and he kept a clear head. Helping along a wounded Matoran, the grey Toa made sure that he looked just like any other helpful civilian. Glancing around both to check and see if anyone else needed his help and to check out the group of Skakdi that the Lookout had pointing out to his group.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: (Iiasmir)

Halfway across the Koro, Iiasmir heard the commotion from his safehouse. Though he had installed several fortifications, the building was in no way prepared for an attack like the Piraka had prepared. He had called in the active members of the gang and told them to remain secure- it wasn't like any business was going to get done during a disaster like this. The safehouse. It was no technical marvel, neither was it a fortress. Its greatest security aspect was that it was entirely covert. Hidden underground, under one of Ta-Koro's hospitals, it was nearly impossible to find. There were a mere three entrances: the manhole under the waste bin in the custodial closet, which was more of an emergency exit than anything, leading to the top story; a rock outcropping underwater, which led to a narrow cave, which then led to the bottom floor of the safehouse; and an unnoticeable dumpster in a back alleyway bearing a trapdoor with a tube that slid directly into the middle level of the safehouse. The four primary members of Iiasmir's gang were now using the entrances as quickly as possible.

OOC: exposition is exposition, more actual stuffs later.

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC:

"Oh, nothing much," I said, idly examining the blood under my nails. "I'm just your average hard-drinking, fight-clubbing, deadpan-snarking Lothario chick. Y'know, the kind you'll find in any bar from here to Le-Koro."

-Void

IC: Vygel

"Average? You're being modest," Vygel said half-absently, half of his mind focused on examining the Coldstone.

"Say, I don't see any new arrivals," he noticed. It was true. The group were pretty much alone.

OOC: Are we supposed to notice the Piraka rampage?

Edited by Just Norik

OOC: No, BZPRPG-time wise the rampage happens after our group has left.

"I guess now it's my turn to ask," I cut in, turning to Vygel.

"I don't see a lot of other gravity elementals often, so what's your story?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OOC: Jam with VF.

IC (Echelon)
"You shall have it," Echelon replied. "And more."
The two dark beings were stark in both their contrasts and their similarities. One Vortixx, the other Toa, one female, the other male...but both had been touched by the darkness, both bore its marks both visible and invisible. And like Kohra, Echelon did not flinch in the slightest despite his fellow shade's menace.
He turned, and began to stride away along the ashen path.
"Come," he said. "Time to meet the others."
Kohra slightly raised one eyebrow. "How many are left?"
"More than enough."
She harrumphed slightly, remembering the fight at the foot of Kini Nui. Even with as many dangerous Rahi as the Makuta could muster within a few minutes, more than a few allies had fled.
"Just enough bodies or actual capable allies? What about your loyal 'pet'?" she asked.

"Both. I recently made the mistake of depending on the former, but they were lifeless without leadership, incapable of action without my direction. As for Utu, he outlived his usefulness as anything more than bait."

The Dark Toa's voice was coldly disdainful of his previous 'allies'.
"No, it is not numbers that we need, but concentration of power. Equals, not pawns. And that is both the reason why and the means by which I arranged your escape. We are gathering, Kohra.”

They walked in silence for a few seconds. The Vortixx contemplated Echelon's words. For all that he stood for, he was being honest with her for the time being.
"Speaking of the means of my escape...what was in the syringe?"

Echelon paused for a moment. There were so many words, so many names and descriptions he could give it...but one word sufficed.
"Antidermis."
"Antidermis..." Kohra repeated the word. She had not heard the term before, but judging by the effect it had had on her, she had a good guess as to what it did. And judging by Echelon's appearance, he knew the effects too. "I assume you did not come across this by accident. How did you come by it?"
"Now there is a question," Echelon replied, sounding somewhat pensive as the two dark beings walked side by side between the dead grey trees. "One might almost say it came by me."
The Dark Toa breathed in; he could still feel the Antidermis pulsing in his veins, seething in his arteries, burning him, changing him.
"Three days ago, I was in Mangaia, and I found a door open - a door that I knew had, on every previous occasion, been shut beyond any living being's power to open. I passed its threshold, and it led me to a room, and at its centre - there it was. The Blood of Darkness, the Shadow-Nectar..."
The epithets rolled off his tongue like black poison.
"As it coiled there, contained in its crystal vessel, it called to me. I believe I was meant to find it."

Kohra pondered the explanation, then she said: "I felt the same when I touched the syringe. But you said you just found it...how did you learn of the effects?"
Yes, it was a rather one-sided conversation. But the Vortixx was naturally curious. She was curious how the world around her worked, even if it was just to learn how to better tear down the established rules and make things right again. And naturally, she did not trust Echelon completely. He was a wicked scientist, but she wanted to know what had lead from the black substance in the cave to power-restoring syringes.

"I gained a certain amount of understanding via the scientific method," Echelon replied. "But in truth, I cannot claim to know even half of its secrets. It is powerful, and it is precious, so I have had to limit my experiments. Let us simply say that I have taken risks, and that in both our cases they have paid off."
The trees were now beginning to thin, giving way to great crags of basalt interspersed with flows and pools of lava: they were nearing the edge of the Charred Forest, where it met one of the less well-travelled and hospitable areas of Ta-Wahi. Even the Guard barely patrolled these harsh lands.
Echelon halted at the foot of one particularly monolithic finger of rock. Had anybody else been there to see, they would have observed a third figure join the two waiting beneath the igneous pillar. A handful of words were spoken between them, too low for any watcher to hear without getting so close as to be detected.
Then the three beings moved off, disappearing into the smoke.
Edited by Geisthande

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Well, might as well get the dusty chars moving again, short and simple, let's go:

IC:

It doesn't rain, it pours. At least, that's the mental image that crossed Mariko's mind as he hurried through the village of fire, which had suddenly gone from daily business into a lockdown he had not seen since the final push of the Makuta's Rahkshi army many months ago. He navigated the streets fast and deft, almost dancing around those that crossed his path. They were guards for the most part, swarming out through the streets in squads to move the villagers to safety and clear an area for the Toa heroes to stop whatever shenanigans were going on. However, Mariko was not heading for the action. He had waited near the guard headquarters for Draeverian to come back. But instead of the toa of sonics returning, a village-wide alarm had been raised.

The dark Toa arrived outside the station. While he was still contemplating how to get inside the stations deeper cellblocks, more guards were moving out. A plan instantly formed in his mind. Mariko bumped into one of the guardsmen. The Matoran roughly shoved him back and snarled: "Watch it!" The Toa raised his hands in front of him in an apologetic gesture and kept moving. As he lowered his arm again, the guard's badge dropped into his palm from under his vambrace where he had hid it.

Not five minutes later he found himself standing over Draeverian, who was being moved onto a stretcher, while several other Matoran investigated the damaged cell. His friend looked pretty beaten up and was only barely conscious, but the dark Toa noticed he held something clutched in his hand. He was about to reach for it when one of the medics tapped Mariko's side. "We will need to move him now."

Mariko nodded. "That's why I'm here. You're getting an escort."

"Why?"

"It's like Karzhani out there."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Tehlin

I walked towards the assembled group-

No.

I strolled along the well-worn stone path towards the shadow of the massive gate our group was assembled in, because that is the kind of guy I am, putting just enough swagger in each step to suitably announce my arrival. My thumb held near my shoulder and hooked around the strap that held the respectably sized pack to my body, I glanced in turn to the faces of those who actually turned up from last night. Focusing on Zauk last, I simply got a nod from his direction.

Yeah.

Great.

That tells me everything.

"Aaal-righty," I started cheerfully, "Any last minute questions, remarks, insults...?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Well, first of all I'd like to ask you if you've seen anyone else of our group from last night. Like, half of them are missing. Secondly; I feel things are about to turn to just my kind of perilous, and thirdly; yeah, that mask does kinda make you look fat"

My idiotic grin refused to subside as I offered the Bo-Toa a hand.

"Name's Helios"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Vygel

"And I'm Vygel. This here's Zauk the quest leader. Aidrak and Saedrak there and Plagia beside Helios," Vygel rattled off the names.

"And I think the mask just makes your face look well-rounded."

Separately, Vygel said to Helios, "To answer the question, I did realise that my element is pretty rare. Maybe because we're too dangerous. Gravity is not a thing to be toyed with, after all.

"Either way, I just roam the island to see the sights and help any who need my help. I've grown to like Ta-Koro, but I can't let myself get tied down yet, you know? So many adventures to be had and all that," he explained.

Edited by Just Norik