BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Flaredrick

The fire Toa looked around the rubble of the building. He looked around to see if anyone had survived the blast, but it seems that little life was around. "Any one still alive? If you can here me, try to move or call out to me!" He said the wreckage. Hopefully someone heard him so they can be rescued.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

Looking up, Angelus noted the cherry-stem heart between Kino's fingertips; he laughed from behind the curled fingers holding up his chin and signaled to the waiter to bring the table a basket of chips, lightly salted, and another cherry. Kino looked at the Captain in confusion, twirling the heart around in her grip. His smile curled up from ear to ear, as coquettish as one of Kino's smirks.

"You know, they say that people who can tie a cherry stem with their tongues are naturally gifted kissers," he told her when the waiter showed up with a glass of cherries and a bemused look. He reached into the glass and pulled a fruit out by the stem, popped it into his mouth, and sucked in the stem like a noodle after it. A couple seconds later, he pulled it out and dried it off - the arrow was tied at the back and the tip bent into a V-shape, like a cartoon arrow. The Captain of the Guard closed one eye and held it like a dart before slipping it through the gap in the center of Kino's heart.

The chips came not long after.

-Tyler

IC: (Kino)

I couldn't help but giggle when Angelus' arrow passed through my cherry stem heart. Well color me surprised, I was worried I was going to be the only one flirting this evening. Perhaps this night wasn't going to happen exactly as I expected before. That was much more exciting though! Nice to have Angelus keep me guessing, instead of me knowing exactly how he was going to react. I took a handful of chips, placing them onto my plate and munching away at them, before taking a few sips of water and then speaking.

"Hmm, I'm still mulling over what I should get. What are you thinking of getting?" I asked, looking through the menus, but not being able to settle upon one thing in particular just yet.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"I'm a painfully average guy with painfully average tastes - it's the steak and salad for me," Angelus finally decided, flipping the menu closed with the palm of one hand and sliding it towards the center of the table. In exchange he took a few chips and bit one in half. It was lightly salted, just to his taste; he finished the chip and looked up at Kino just when she looked up at him from the menu. Her eyes are softer here. Grey and obstinate, they gave away what they wanted to give away, and not a speck of emotion more. Right now it looked as though they were laughing along with her, enjoying everything. She's opening up. They both were. He took a sip of his drink and smiled at her.

"We'll put it on the Guard's tab, file it as a business expense. It'll be fun."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Zauk

The Toa of Lightning was beginning to grow impatient. He had hoped they would be off shortly after sunrise, but this was beginning to drag out. He didn't move, nor give any indication of his currently decreasing supply of patients, merely standing slightly back from the group, just enough to deter attempts at conversation.

A minute passed.

And then another.

And finally the stoic Toa gave up, and shot a pointed look at Tehlin, his gaze almost enough to slice through solid protodermis. Rather unfortunately, said Toa of Plantlife failed to notice. Or ignored him. With Tehlin, both were equally possible.

Putting on what could pass as a pleasantly neutral expression, Zauk stepped forward slightly.

"We should be going," He stated, "Our first destination is just beyond the Charred Forrest, it would be best if we arrived before nightfall."

"Come, I will lead the way."

OOC: Leeeeeeeeet's goooooo~

IC: Vezok

"Oh my heroes," I said lazily, drawing out the sardonic baritone of the last syllable, as I absent mindedly flicked a piece of masonry which once belonged to a building away with a clawed finger. I dropped down from my front row seat on the edge of one of the grey-stone building's roof, ambling over to my brave rescuers.

"What? You needed someone else besides Reidak to break something? Maybe had second thoughts about shorting me of something, before I pried it from your cold, dead, claws? Did Hakann start to get on your nerves?" I continued, ambling over with all the coiled power of a Mauka, the rubble crunching beneath my feet.

"No, let me guess, you selflessly came to rescue me from the goodness of your hearts."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Err....Where's Stronin right now? O.o In [his] forge? Or not in his forge?

IC:

What is boredom?

Is it a lack of things to do? Or is it something else? Is it really a feeling that comes from a greater purpose about to be unveiled? After all, people speak of Destiny as one of the three virtues, and blindly place their faith and lay down their lives into and for Mata Nui, their oh-so-great deity who watches from the heavens above, who uses mortal lives as chess pieces against the great evil that is Makuta by making them chop wood, smith steel and jail each other. Or something like that; he wasn't exactly sure how it worked now that Makuta was kind of gone.

Still, it was a question that knacked at Aurum's mind for quite a time, who had spent the last five minutes occupying himself with seeing if he could create dense enough spikes under his boots that would be able to leave one heck of a footprint even on the solid ground of Ta-Koro, one heck of an injury on the foot of an innocent, yet still remain comfortable, as though you were walking across the wet beaches of Ga-Koro, with the soft sand literally crumbling beneath each step you take.

In his mind, there were two possibilities as to what boredom could be. A. That feeling of nothingness due to nothing of substantial interest within your life, perhaps because your duty has been yanked away, your unity was never there anyway and your destiny just sucked quite a bit, leaving you with absolutely nothing to do to spend all your time. Or, B. The magnificent moment where you realize you have a greater calling, that you aren't fulfilling your potential, that you haven't found your duty, achieved your unity and followed the path to your destiny, and it is Boredom that becomes the conch horn that calls you from afar to follow your one true journey.

If it was A, then Aurum wouldn't be surprised. Life wasn't fair. In fact, life sucked. There'd been nothing to do for the past few weeks. Apparently, somewhere in the town something had exploded, and there had been a few fights some time prior, but Aurum had no interest in them whatsoever at the moment. It wasn't like he knew anyone who was blown up or killed. He wasn't even sure if anybody WAS killed. That was boring. Nothing interesting seemed to happen - it was almost as though every person on the island had a metaperson, diving being, supreme entity or whatnot preventing them from ever having really bad things happen to them physically only to allow them to suffer from fates worse than death mentally.

But if it was B, then did the Toa of Iron had a new calling somewhere? He'd spent past time seeking ways to release his anger. Makuta gave him a chance, and he took it. The days of robbing matoran and throwing them in caves, attacking silly paramilitary organizations and generally causing a havoc to ensure a world order were great fun, being 100% not boring, but since the climactic battle at Kini-Nui, where he'd watched the fight between Echelon and Joske end with a bang, life had since become dull. The last he'd seen of Echelon was when the Toa of Magnetism had hobbled back into his impossibly large ice cave with a limp (That must've been boring, having so much space and not much to fill it) alongside the brute of a manservant, after which he'd left, a Dark Toa not exactly being the type to being roommates.

Aurum paused both his train of thought and this foot. The hole he'd been digging into the ground was now about a foot in diameter, and looked like a putrid wart after it had been smashed by a gauntlet.

Man.

Life was getting boring.

This sucked.

Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

"Painfully average? You're not Jungle Boy," I chuckled, looking up from the menu. My grey eyes met his baby blue ones, he seemed so comfortable, so relaxed, so happy in this moment. "Well I'm going to get the soup and seafood platter. We can swap plates so you can try what I'm getting and I take a few bites of what you're getting." I liked having a diversity of food to pick from in my meals, and I don't think Angelus would mind much. The waiter came by and I gave him my order, and then handed him the menu. The Vortixx waiter walked over to Angelus while I drifted into a short daydream. Shut up, it's not like...it's not like I ever got to do anything like this when I was younger. There was so much running around, so many bad guys to put in their place. With Angelus everything seemed to slow down, everything was peaceful.

"Come, I will lead the way."

OOC: Leeeeeeeeet's goooooo~

IC: Helios (Ta-Koro Gates)

"Aye aye, sir. To the badlands of Ash and beyond it is." I replied, standing proud amongst the gathered adventurers like a... no, not a beacon, that just sounds too similar to bacon and...

Great, now I'm hungry.

As a fully satisfied and well fed man did I stand among them, my hammer once again taking the role of especially threatening walking staff.

"Enough fooling around, let's get this show on the road quick-fast"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

What time is it?

Two weeks.

Aurum blinked. His hadn't kept his mind on it, but just about two weeks had passed since he'd gone over to the blacksmith's forge and asked for a custom-made weapon. He didn't really remember what the weapon was, but nonetheless he remembered that it'd be a good weapon, and for that reason he decided to take a walk back to the forge and take what was his.

After a walk through the village, he stood at the steps of the store once again. The last time he was in here, there'd been some adventuring cool dudes chumming around. Hopefully he wouldn't have to withstand the same torture again. Without bothering for a knock (Did people knock on the doors of stores?), he opened the door and stepped in.

Edited by -JL-

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC:

Red skies at morning, hunters take warning.

We started off across the bridge, our papers having surprisingly been in order with the border patrol. Some of the less-worldly of us hurried up the centre of the walkway, casting nervous glances at its edges and behind them, as if the winch operators were suddenly going to throw the switch and lower us into a red-hot grave. Me, I was less concerned about that; not to sound cocky or anything, because y'all know how humble I am all the time, but I had a feeling I'd be able to find a way onto hard ground if worst came to worst. When you manage to survive a tangle with Makuta's lieutenant, you start feeling like you're invincible, I guess. Or maybe that's just me.

Still, something was bugging me. My fingers were drifting towards the zipper of my rucksack, towards the emergency bottles of liquor, and that was always a bad sign. With a huff, I jerked my hand away and grabbed one strap with it, turning my head to stare at the sky burning in shades of red and black.

"So, Zauk," I called to the front, not shifting my gaze, "where are we headed to exactly?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Angelus politely ordered the steak and salad with a twist (bacon! Bacon wrapped around the edges of the steak, crumbled bacon in the salad, bacon bacon bacon!) and then handed off the menus to the waiter after he had frantically scribbled "bacon" in big letters next to the Toa of Fire's meal. Kino's head lolled around in her left hand, and the Captain looked up after casually biting into a chip. "What?"

Kino breathed in deeply. "What?" he repeated bemusedly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I awoke from my daydream, realizing that I had slipped away for several minutes, my cheeks reddened slightly, especially with Angelus's bemused smirk.

"Oh it's nothing, just thinking. So what do you do in your spare time, you know, when you're not Captain of the Guard?" I asked. I realized besides some reading here, some shopping there. I wasn't doing much, ahhh when did I get so boring! Maybe I should take up Kohlii, I have been rather bored lately.

Said Toa of Lightning flinched at the sound of his name being uttered by an unfamiliar voice. No, he had not yet adjusted back into normal society, not after having been secluded alone for so long. It was a... necessary struggle, considering the circumstances. For a moment, he didn't speak, and the only sound was that of the group's collective footsteps impacting against the warm stone of the bridge.

"A rock," He stated, "Or at least, that's what everyone else would think. In the Charred Forest there's an outcropping, something that could be passed by day after day without anyone realizing what it is. More specifically, it's a shine of sorts, or what's left of one. However, I think it's an entrance, the first step in reaching our destination."

"All we have to do, is find the key. Lucky for us, it shouldn't be far away from the lock."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

"Uhhh...me?"

When am I not Captain of the Guard? he almost asked, but the words felt raw and pathetic, and they were alien in his throat. Instead he took a sip of his drink and pretended to think about it. "Huh. Well, I mean, I love to go to the Kolhii pitch, just watch them play. I never had the athletic bug. Uhhh...I like to go out to eat, and then critique the food, but I never do it with company, you know, nobody wants to hear their friend go all restaurant assassin. Bright side is that nobody ever spits in the Captain's drink. I played a couple hands of poker with Dorian Shaddix when I was dropping off case files once, and I've been practicing since. Uhhh...otherwise I mostly hang out with the rest of the team."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Helios (Charred Forest)

"A secret door in a rock," I mumbled, "keys"

"shrines, treasures, entrances" I muttered, to an outsider probably coming off like some sort of mentally challenged hobo, but my behavior was more or less uniform for this little group of ours, I imagined. We were all at least some degree of curios about what this search had in store for us, though I imagined some of the others focused on different aspects of it.

Plagia over there, for example, seemed like she could use a distraction to ease her grabby fingers.

"What do you make of that?" I asked her, as a remark to the new info Zauk had divulged.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"Hmmm, maybe we should catch a game together sometime?" I giggled and smirked. "You're a food critic as well, I would have never pegged you as the sort. I usually picture stuffy Matoran and Turaga." Really, I never would have believed that Angelus fancied himself a food critic. Then I heard that one word: Poker. I could feel myself grinning widely now. "Poker games you say? Just so happens I'm probably one of the best players you'll meet. So how about a game some time?" I chuckled and sipped on my water. Actually won't lie, I haven't played in years, but I've played quite a few games back then. So, I wasn't some joke either. Angel had a of a poker face though, probably made him a real threat in the games.

IC:

"I mean...is that really what you want?" Angelus asked naively. "I mean...people tell me I get kind of expressionless sometimes. Like a mannequin. Just kinda go slack." He ran his hand over his face; when he moved it away, his face was still and unmoving as a pond.

"Of course Angel, I love hanging out with you! You can be nervous sometimes, I think it's kinda cute though."

Unblinkingly, Angelus moved his hand back over his face, and when he set it back down on the table he was beaming again. "Fine. I'll shoulder the burden of snack duty. I love going to the market."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Stronin

Stronin's eyes flickered towards the door well. The figure was familiar to him, but it took the blacksmith several seconds before the identity of the other Toa snapped into mind. It was the man who had ordered the dagger-and-shortsword set a few weeks ago. Good. He'd finished smithing them quite recently, and he could say that he was rather proud of what he had created.

Was this was Soli felt? Knowing that she'd forged a beautiful tool with her very own hands?

"Oh hey," said the Toa of Iron. "You're right on time. Let me pop into the back and get your order."

IC: Elysi

"Doubt you'll need one, but I'll be happy to help if it doesn't interfere with anything I'm doing."

IC: Zelvin (The Drunken Murderess)

"I somehow find myself doubting that anything you take to would be more worth pursuing than doing your part as a member of the younger generation and give us old duffers and extra hand or two where and when we need it" Zelvin replied with an outgoing wink.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zelvin (The Drunken Murderess)

"Agreed" Zelvin replied as she rose up, elegantly floating her scythe into her hand as she looked in the direction she'd last seen Lana.

"Much thanks for your drinks and patronage, Miss" she called, before she turned to look out on the streets, a few people could be spotted running about here and there either to or from the explosion that'd been heard not too far away.

"Let's see just who's foolish enough to cause trouble in Ta-Koro of all places"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...