BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

"You lied to us," he continued, voice hard and cold and sharp as fine steel. He extracted himself from Sulov's grip and stood again, refusing to be humbled before Stannis before the Toa of Stone had fully realized what folly he'd wrought. "Manipulated us. Abused our trust. For all we know, you brought them here."

"He's right," said Korero, and the Toa of Air moved forward to stand side-by-side with his brother of Ice, giving him a short nod of solidarity. Reordin was no longer the lone voice of dissent. "You've always got a sermon to give, but when do you actually tell us anything? I know I'm not the only one who's tried not to think about it, but all this time there's been a mystery: what actually happened to Makuta? Where did he go?"

"I think it's time to come clean, brother." she said. "We're operating half blind here, building the island's defenses only on what we see and good faith in your word. You owe us an explanation."

"And if you lie to us, or leave anything out, or hide behind platitudes," Reordin finished, "I walk."

-Tyler

IC: Yes.

You are right. He is lying.

He will be honest. You will stay.

(Are you sure about that?)

Yes. We will win.

(When?)

In time.

(Would you fight on less even ground to win in less time?)

No.

We'll maintain our bond only if we choose our battles. Korero, Leah, and Reordin are injured. Everyone is angry. The Piraka are getting away.

The noise of it all rings in my head. I like it when people are quiet.

Less talk, more doing.

I touch Reordin. He turns. Everyone looks at me.

I shake my head a millimeter, real slow.

He is right. Now is not the time for that right.

I draw my eyes to Oreius and nod large.

Edited by Mordor Vehicle

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: Ophaim

"If you desire another after the current one is completed, I can provide more."

IC: Wokiya – Ta-Koro Hospital

“Oh, I’d love to but I really shouldn’t. I’ve worked too hard for this body to throw it all away”

Wokiya finished off the piece of cake.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: "Sounds like a plan. Been a long day anyway." he said with an all-too-tired nod. He wasn't feeling like piping up that he knew half of that already anyway.

"The general direction seemed to be out of the city. It seems like they didn't like it so much here after all." he said with a wry grin.

[Ta-Koro]

Lucira frowned.  "Despite all the destruction they have caused here, I'd rather have them in my sights.  The Toa Maru brought so much hope to this isle, so I hope they don't think to go after them without backup..."

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC:

Even I had to admit it.

"Not your worst plan, Captain."

- - -

IC:

The blur of brown and black on the deck materialized into the figure of Rynekk, one hand gripping his hat, keeping his own velocity from blowing it off to sea. His face, no longer graced with a jocular smile, was as grave as his compatriots'.

"Hasn't quite been long enough to say that," he said, nodding towards the Fe-Toa manning the turrets, before turning to face the others. "However, I certainly wouldn't be against any other strategies; a boarding party, elemental attacks perhaps?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Leah):

There was silence in the air, filled with tension. It was broken when Leah heaved a sigh, while sheathing her staff. 

"Not the right time, not the right place." she said, with a weak but encouraging smile playing across her lips.

"We can play twenty questions all day once this threat is dealt with. I don't like postponing this, but if we move now, we still have the tactical advantage of knowing the dark walks and the vault room. We could warn the other villages and cut them off before they can get to the surface again."

She glanced at Korero. This little idea of course hinged on him, so the final decision to port them around the island in rapid succession laid with him as well. 

-------------

(Mariko)

The Dark Toa watched the medics carry Draeverian away. The Toa of sonics had taken quite the hit, but he was still alive and he had given the Aitua an important clue. In fact, he doubted his friend knew what this meant to him. The sensation when touching the syringe was unmistakable - is had contained antidermis.

A vague idea, a puzzle image, begean to form inside in his mind, projected into the empty air in front of him: A previously powerless criminal had managed to break free, with enough force to critically injure a Toa; and now a syringe with antidermis. If he connected these dots, the picture became clearer. But he had to find proof of the correlation.

With his clue in hand, Mariko made his way deeper into the cell-blocks, to do what DJ had asked him to and to get one step closer to the bottom of this mystery. 

Edited by Smaug the Terrible

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Kale Ironshaper- Ta-wahi- Island- Fowadi- Treasure Quest

IC: "We need to keep the larger ship off of us until our boarding party has taken care of the second small one. If any of you would like to speed up the process by joining them, be my guest."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "Well since one of them was apparently more scary than four of us..." he offered, still half-disbelieving himself. Granted, that was a pretty big guy and all, but was the gap really that wide between these Maru and everyone else?

That was ridiculous. No way it could be right. And if it was, he wasn't about to let it stay that way.

Which brought him to the crux of his entire ordeal. The one thing he absolutely needed to fix, in order to close that apparently immeasurable power gap. He was confident he could take anyone in a brawl, but...

I don't know jack about using my element.

That was going to have to change.

"I dunno." he said after some time, noticing the relief washing through his system as the herb started to work its magic. "They seem to be a pretty confident bunch. And judging from the number Big McLargehuge did on the alley we were holding them down in, they can at least back some of it up."

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

[Ta-Koro]

"And were we fighting the alley, or those Skakdi?"

She sighed, and wiped the sweat off her brow.  She had maybe two minutes, tops.

"Considering those Skakdi seem to be more difficult they usual, I'd rather we have numbers on our side.  I'm a firm believer in unfair odds.  Add a skilled toa to each of the Maru and that's one more that those Skakdi will have to watch out for.  They may be powerful, but fighting two people is hard--you attack one and leave yourself open to another."

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: What

I

What?

"I'm talking about the alley I just stumbled out of. Not the one by Lavapool." he said, hoping that cleared up... whatever misunderstanding happened there.

"And yeah, trust me, I know what you're talking about. It's why I got clocked clean and near knocked out by the blue one." he grumbled, still sore about letting that happen to him. It was bad enough that he got put in a bad spot, but by a punch? Hand-to-hand? His lifelong specialty?

Unacceptable. Absolutely unacceptable.

"Anyways, if you want to back them up, it seems like we'd better do it quick." he reasoned, given the fact that they were likely out of the city by now.

helo frens

IC:

"You know, come to think of it...don't know if I've had a day off since I took the job." Angelus pursed his lips in thought; the look would have appeared more severe if he wasn't holding a piece of cookie dough in his spoon and using a mild flame from his left index finger to try and bake it. He looked up at Kino and smiled sheepishly with a shrug, deciding to eat the cookie dough in its current state and then going for another, more cautious scoop of ice cream. "I don't know if Jaller did, either. I know Tuara wouldn't have. Comes with the territory, I guess."

-Tyler

IC: (Kino Iho)

"You have to give yourself some time, you know. Being a leader doesn't mean running yourself ragged, focusing solely on your work as Captain. You need to be relaxed, and happy so that you have a clear head to lead the Guard. These days give you time to refresh to thing, to slow and enjoy things, and for a man who works as hard as you do, I'd say you really earn those vacation days," I said, smiling. I dug my spoon back into the ice cream, fishing out more peanut butter and chocolate chunks, savoring the sweet flavor and creamy texture of the ice cream. I didn't just think Angel was cute, he earned my respect twice over and he deserved it. However leaders like him needed to take their breaks to relax, to relieve stress, otherwise the stress inside would spread like a poison. He didn't wear his problems on his sleeve, but you could seem them in his eyes, how he spoke, at times he seemed a little lost, alone. It was something I understood all too well.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Elysi

"No problem," she replied, taking it back.

IC: Zelvin (Ta-Koro)

"So, now that it's all overwith, where do you feel like going next? Personally I was thinking Ga-Koro"

She looked around at the smoldering remains of the Piraka's rampage.

"It would be a nice change of scenery methinks"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Well...what would I do?" The question hung in the air for a couple minutes when they both realized the sad admission that was implicit with it: all of Angelus' hobbies were far away, and the station of Captain of the Guard rendered most of them moot anyway. He tried not to think about that and kept shoveling ice cream into his mouth, growing heedless with every bite. He was on the verge of his first brainfreeze - something which nearly sent him into an internalized panic attack - when his spoon scraped the bottom of the cup. Tentatively, he pushed his spoon down again and came up mostly dry, aside from one final clump of cookie dough. He wasn't sure how to feel about that. Angel was certain that with time he would be eating ice cream with the best of them, and the stuff was good, but he always loved himself some fruit.

It had to have been a little after midnight now, but when Angelus and Kino stepped out of the parlor hand in hand the city bustled just as much as it had in the daytime. Ta-Koro always had some form of attraction going on, and as the most city-like of the six villages people always had a reason to be moving somewhere. That said, the route to Kino's apartment complex was largely free;  they didn't have to work to avoid bumping into any other Toa or Matoran - though Kino had to weave out of the path of a burly Skakdi of Fire, who had seemed handsome until Angel turned by chance and saw his eyes hungrily following his date - and they arrived without a hitch. Angelus stopped to the right of her doorway and leaned against the wall.

"Look...uh...Kino." He took a deep breath and finally let himself smile. "I know it's probably taboo for me to say this, stoic and tough Captain of the Guard and all, but...I had a great time tonight. I'm good at my job, and I like parts of it, but...I wouldn't call it fun. This was fun. Thank you." He leaned in and kissed her forehead.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Korero)

Korero's facial expression made it clear he wasn't satisfied. Sulov and Leah's attempts at placation were all very well, but they treated the symptom and not the disease. The team could not be truly united until Stannis was open with them.

He looked to his left, to Reordin. His eyes asked the question: Do we back down?

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Even in the face of Sulov, Reordin's wrath was like a bitter wind in his chest, stirring him to action. His eyes were merciless, icicles in Stannis' face; his jawline tightened under his Tauhaka, and his hand found the bloody gash in his leg and formed a fist. Oreius, the only Toa besides Stannis who had not made a motion, looked from side to side - the three Toa behind the Toa of Ice, and the Wanderer, still and alone as a granite statue. Reo's heart went out to him, but they had come too far and been through too much together - he knew that even if Oreius agreed, he would not show it. He's a better soldier than I ever was. He was born to take orders. I... He thought of the First Toa, dark and beautiful, and where uncertain leadership had led them all.

"Korero, go with Leah," he finally said - not in the surly tone of a broken rebel, but in the iron tones of a leader.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Korero)

Korero nodded, stepping over to Leah - and winced suddenly, once hand shooting to the back of his head. When he withdrew it, he noticed a small patch of red on his palm.

As the last of the chase's adrenaline left his bloodstream, the dull pain at the back of his skull began to sharpen, slowly seeming to fill his head with white noise.

"Agh..." he grunted, staggering forwards and leaning on Leah's shoulder for support. "Guys...I'm not sure I'll be able to use the Hiko just now..."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Ice pressed against the back of Korero's hand, dulling the sting of the wound while Leah manipulated the moisture dripping off the cubes. "Easy, killer," Reo's voice echoed in Korero's addled head, "don't worry about it. Leah: Kongu, Jaller, and Hahli are close. We need Korero on his feet. Get him to a medic in the Koro and talk to the Akiri, see how quickly he can get someone to Ga-Koro and Le-Koro. Oreius, you go too - if Leah needs a little extra authority, you're Ta-Koro Guard born and bred."

Oreius looked to Stannis, and Reo's hand twitched. "Oreius."

Stannis' eyes, cold and unfeeling as pebbles, never left Reordin, but finally he nodded. Oreius got up and stood to go with Leah and Korero. The Toa of Air looked at him sidelong before his teammates led him away.

"Sulov, you and I will make sure Ta-Koro's fortifications are still strong, and support the Guard in any way we can in case the Piraka decide they need to come back for something. Stannis...do whatever it is you do." Besides lie to us, he almost added, but for once he bit his tongue. He couldn't sully the team's position with a cruel quip; he wouldn't give the Toa of Stone that satisfaction.

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra
  • Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: After a momentary period of silence between the two, Jolek nodded to the three gathered around him.

"Thanks for the help. You guys'd better get moving. No way am I in the worst shape of the koro here." he quipped, starting in the direction of the gate and consequently, the damage.

That's a given, if we do end up finding the Maru. That Toa of Air's probably at the very least concussed. he reasoned, remembering the hard strike to the back of the head that turned their entire gameplan upon its ear.

Not to mention whoever got caught in the crossfire. I mean, karz; At least I can do everything I'm needed to right now. Guarantee someone's comin' out of this much more injured.

Kind of guilt-trippy, to be honest, he noted with a discomforted grimace, strides now easy and natural again, if slow.

The guy who tries to risk his neck and pick a fight with them ends up better off than those who had nothin' to do with it.

"Life's just weird like that." he murmured dryly, content to leave the issue at that. Not like he was about to cry over spilled milk. He did his best to get rid of the threat, without once thinking of backing down. In his eyes, there wasn't any more he could do than that at the time. 

Therefore, there's no reason to let "whine" be the only thing he could do now.

Never got those kind of people... how'd I get to this topic again?

Almost in a comical movement, he shook his head, like it would shake the odd train of thought away. 

Back on track. Either check on the damages or go home and rest like the doctor ordered.

He kept on walking past the street where he would turn to get home.

That was easy.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

IC: Saeren & Svero

Jolek having left, the pair of medics gave the area a cursory look-over before moving on in the path of destruction.

"We're too disorganized," Saeren noted. "There are stretchers going back and forth from the hospital, but several of them have been patients that could have been dismissed."

Svero was silent for a minute, growing yet another small plant and tucking it into his bag. "You're a senior medic right? Order them to start bringing their patients to you for triage before taking them on."

"Not that senior," Saeren replied, looking at the ground. "The Square is coming up, isn't it?"

"What's left of it, perhaps. No one has mentioned its condition to us, yet."

Saeren fiddled with the straps holding his leg-holsters on for a moment. A pair of med-Matoran were coming by with a loaded gurney. "Hold up for a moment." He examined the Vortixx they were carrying before saying, "She's level-red priority. Any other patients you find, bring straight to Ta-Koro Square. At the hospital, tell them Medic Saeren requests supplies and support there to sort critical patients and treat non-criticals. Ask if they can start spreading word that a triage station is being set up, and be sure to tell any of the other medics you see."

The two advised him to set up on the side of the Square away from the Gate, it was the least abused, and set off. As the two Toa moved on, Svero occasionally motioned to lone guardsmen and informed them of the triage plan. At the square, Saeren conscripted two other medics and began to set up what they could. It would be a while before help from the hospital came, so they pooled their resources and made careful stacks of what they had. It wasn't much, but hopefully the hospital could send more.

"Alright, here we go." Saeren cracked his knuckles and began to wave stretcher teams over.

OOC: Triage/minor-treatment site in Ta-Koro Square ready to aid injured PCs

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC: Mekana

"Well...I'm not sure really..." Mekana spent plenty of time avoid the Ta-koro Guard, but she never really thought about how they could improve. They were a pain in the butt already. 

"The way I see it...there are somethings that can be prevented, and other things that can't be prevented." Mekana blinked a moment. Did that make sense? Eh I don't care. 

"I mean, they could increase the number of guards and tighten security I suppose, but it seems like that's all they've been doing. Maybe they need to think outside the box and come up with something new? I don't know if that makes sense." 

IC: Mimira

"Ship tipping! Hooray!"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

A single man had stayed behind to face Edubard while his comrades moved to deal with the rest of the crew from the Infernavika, in his hand a wickedly curved khopesh. He stared down at the Toa of Air before him, having a slight advantage of height, his bloodred eyes staring out from behind a scarred Matatu. His brown armor was thick and battered, with more than a bit of rust accumulating on the edges of the squarish plates.

A moment later, and without any indication of the movement, the Toa closed the gap between them with a single movement, his left foot falling behind as his right took the lead, accentuating the movement with a sharp downward slash of his weapon, using his wrist more than his arm. His sword, held in his right hand, moved downward at an angle, as if to cleave the Toa of Air from shoulder to opposite hip. It was an obvious, if clearly calculated attack, though it certainly made it that much more dangerous.

Not too far away, another battle was raging on the deck of the ship, though it certainly looked like the rage was one-sided in terms of the combatants. Of course, it probably didn't help that the Skakdi's species wasn't known for having calm, collected temperaments. In fact, it looked like the pirate was about ready to explode. That is, until, he pulled a strange looking launcher from his back, noticeably holding the two-handed weapon with one hand, and aimed it at Verak.

However, that's all he did, there was no projectile, no beam, nothing that came from the weapon, and for all intents and purposes, it looked like it had missfired. Until a weakness suddenly started to overcome the Toa of Sand, as if the life were slowly being drained from him.

Quite some distance away, the second of the two smaller ships had finally managed to get into range of the Fowadi, though this had decidedly mixed results. Now, the ship was armed to the teeth with weapons, however it was still a pirate ship, and thus was unaccustomed to taking on anything but little-defended merchants. And seeing as most merchants weren't covered in armor...

Their first volley of disks rebounded off the cladded sides of the Fowadi, the shots being too far away to retain any real speed. The second was a bit more effective, as dents appeared in the larger ship's armor, however, by then, Kale had given the order to fire. With a suddenness that surprised the crew, the pirate ship pitched forward as the sea rushed out from under their vessel, their forecastle no longer defending the deck from attack. Less than a second later, the first of the Fowadi's disks slammed into the wooden deck of the pirate ship, ripping huge holes in the boards, and taking out a fair number of the crew manning the top-launchers before the rest had a chance to retreat below.

The ship, though damaged, was still moving toward the behemoth at considerable speed, either by it's captain's orders, or just from inertia. Meanwhile, the pirates rushing to the bowels of their ship to escape the Fowadi's barrage of found that the space were already occupied by combat.

Kol's surprise attack on the gunner was highly effective, but he quickly lost the element of surprise as the rest of the crew noticed his appearance. Still, the Ussalmatoran was quick enough in his next attack to catch one more off guard. The pirate fell to the floor, arrows sticking out of his armor, his hand wrapped around his sword in a half-way attempt to draw it. The rest of the projectiles shot through the air, but the rest of the thugs were ready. One of them stepped forward toward the barrage, as if to use his body to shield the rest of his crew, before raising a hand. The arrows stopped in mid-air, before dropping to the floor suddenly, pulled to the ground by their metal points.

A second pirate, standing just behind the first, drew a six-shot gun weapon, before shooting off an explosive projectile in Kol's direction, hoping that the confined space would make even a glancing hit deadly. The rest of the pirates seemed to pay the fight no mind, and continued to unload heavy weapons into the Fowadi.

To say the least, it was quite a surprise to the crew of the flagship when their own started to fire upon them, making huge dents in their sea-battered armor. Of course, they were pirates after all, and trustworthiness wasn't one of their shining characteristics, so perhaps it wasn't that big of a surprise for them. At least to the point where it didn't take long for them to return fire on their own ship, with a few shouts of “TRAITORS” mixed in with some surprisingly varied vocabulary terms.

On board the flagship, a small group of beings was facing their own set of problems, though it had nothing to do with swashbuckling pirates nor fast-paced naval battles. They were enclosed within a room, one obviously meant to hold those who did not wish to be there, evident by the bars of metal that stretched from the ceiling to floor, and chains that bound their wrists and ankles to the wall. The sounds of battle seeped in through gaps in the sea-rotted wood, mixing with a ambient noise of waves crashing up against the ship, and the vessel groaning in response to the beating from the elements. There was no light in the room, though even in the darkness it was possible to make out vague shapes. On of the beings was tall, though his features were unnaturally gaunt, as if someone had simply draped cloth over a skeleton. His eyes shown with a maniac light, one that glinted even in the shadows. His head was turned downward, looking like he were studying the floor. The second being, in stark contrast to the first, was huge. His grin was unmistakably Skakdi, and even for that burly species, he was massive. Rather than waiting, as the first was doing, the Skakdi was looking around, undoubtedly in search of something to hit. The last being was unassuming in build, though held an air about him that was quite unlike the intense gaze of his compatriots. His feet were crossed, and he leaned against the wall as casually as one could get for being chained up.

Minutes passed between them, the silence broken only when the Skakdi began to open his mouth, only to be stopped mid-thought by the raised hand of the skeletal Toa. Rehn gave a small shake of his head.

Not yet.

Suddenly, there was a shout from above, and Rehn's head snapped up like a viper's, the sharp movement disturbing given his previous motionlessness. He simply gave a nod, and the three took action. The Toa of Air's Kanohi flared for an instant, and he pulled apart his wrists, the metal ripping like old fabric. Next to him, the Skakdi simply shrugged, and twisted his hands downward. Muscle pushed against cold, hard iron, and iron lost. The Skakdi discarded the twisted restraints.

The third being simply raised his wrists, his orange armor glinting in the thin beam of light streaming in through a crack in the wall. The Skakdi grabbed them, before pulling them apart. Rehn was already on the move, having freed his ankles and made his way to the end of the cell. With a single motion, he pulled his arms back, Kanohi once again alive with light, before striking the reenforced door of the cell with both his palms. The door gave way, and smashed against the far wall.

With a satisfied look, Rehn exited his temporary prison, followed closely by his two thugs.

IC:

The massive scorpion gave an ear-splitting scream as Kahlynn's heat vision struck the top of it's head. Though the area was protected by it's glossy shell, it seemed to have little effect in stopping the searing heat that was focus upon it. In fact, the carapace there began to deform and bubble, as if it were made of some sort of liquid rather than solid armor. The great beast reared up in an attempt to throw the now very pesky Skakdi off of it's back, though Kahlynn's blade was stuck deep in it's armor.

Meanwhile, Helios quickly found that the stone didn't care that he was using his elemental power on it, in fact the white object stayed firmly rooted in place, even as the dirt around it began to “fall” toward the Ba-Toa from the change in gravity. This, of course, didn't do anything to improve on it's current placement beneath the mass of pointed legs and snapping claws.

Lucky, Vygel was having much more luck than the other Toa of Gravity. The Nui Jaga, already dealing with the fact that it's head was being boiled, didn't even see the weapon flying towards it until it was far too late. And soon, a second scream filled the air as the weapon buried itself inside the monster's soft mouth parts, sticking out like some metal splinter. Of course, this wasn't the end of the attack, as Plagia's ball of eletricity was in close pursuit. The sphere splashed against the creature's head with flash of light and explosion of thunder. The attack was that more effective, as the lightning collected around the sword sticking out of it's mouth, focusing it into the creature's head.

The finishing blow was dealt by the Toa of Ice that joined them. With the creature being assaulted by multiple angles at once, there was little chance of it seeing, or sensing, Kethrye behind it. His sword slid into the great Rahi, through a chink in it's smooth armor. It passed clean through into the monster with surprisingly little resistance, the weapon buried all the way up to it's hilt.

Beneath Kahlynn's feet, something strange started to happen to the Nui Jaga. The creature froze in place, with a stillness that only a statue could provide. It stayed completely motionless, much more than any mortal creature could hope to accomplish. It's once-gleaming shell took on a sandy, brownish tone, the effect spreading from where Kethrye had dealt his blow. The discoloration traveled up the length of it's stinger tail, before covering up the wicked point at the end.

And then, the creature merely crumbled to dust, leaving only the dumbfounded group.

It certainly didn't seem like they had been fighting a Nui Jaga now.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

“Get any spare set of hands down to the hospital, see what help they need. I want enough medics on scene to deal with any injuries. Get them anything they need to get it done. Gather up all of our Toa of Earth and Stone, organize them into repair crews to start working on the damages.” The orders flowed naturally and easily, delivered with the authority and efficiency of a skilled commander. Which, for much of his life, the Ta-Matoran had been. He still was, in a way, but now his authority was not just military. It was his duty to act upon all of the village’s needs and troubles, a duty he had not asked for, but one he would bear until the day he died. “Get the Investigative Corps down to the Inn and surrounding areas. Once again, give the Commissioner anything he needs. He’s probably going to need a fair bit of manpower to deal with this scene. Is all of that understood?”

The assembled Guardsmen nodded, and without another words, rushed to do their duties. Couriers moved about with the speed granted to them by their profession, and often their masks, to deliver messages to the individuals needed. Commanders swiftly moved to rally their men, and go out to do the Akiri’s bidding. The tasks were far from impossible; the preparations had been in place for decades. Ta-Koro was always a prime target for anyone seeking to sow a little destruction, or wreak a little havoc. Makuta, the Mark Bearers, the monorail bombing, and now, six unknown Skakdi blowing up the Lavapool. Each one had done their level best to inflict damage, and each one had, to an extent, succeeded.

But Ta-Koro was hardy. Its people were tough, from the merchant to the soldier. They had survived turmoil countless times, and though lives had been lost, they had never broken. And, Jaller knew, they never would. Call it courage, call it pride, call it stubbornness, but the city was resilient. They would recover.

That did not mean, however, that this new threat had not done damage. The structural damage could be fixed; The Lavapool would rise again, or it would be replaced by something greater. The damaged streets could be repaired, and in fact, would be in a matter of days. They were prepared for such damages, the eventuality of life on Mata Nui. No, the greatest damage the Piraka had done was to the village’s spirit. This was supposed to be a time of peace, and yet, attacks continued. There would be doubts. There would be, he knew better than anyone, those who sought to capitalize on or exaggerate those fears. There always were, and no doubt there would be a publication the very next day on the job that the Guard has been doing.

But that didn’t matter. The city was hurting, and it needed aid, both in the form of tangible support and in morale. The former was being dealt with; the latter needed doing.

“Akiri, we’re beginning to get our reports.” An assistant stated, approaching the Ta-Matoran where he stood in the hall. Jaller’s hands were clasped behind his back, the work of his mind visible on his face. He pivoted in place to regard the approaching Matoran, waiting for him to continue. “We should have enough for you to begin reviewing it shortly.”

“No.” Jaller replied, calmly and civilly. The assistant looked confused, raising an eyebrow, as if in question; a question that would very shortly be answered. “I’m going down there myself.”

“Akiri!” The Matoran objected, shaking his head vehemently so hard that one almost thought his mask would fall off. “I cannot allow that! The attackers are gone, but it is far too chaotic, and you are too important. Let us deal with the groundwork, sir, you need to focus on the bigger picture.”

“...” The Akiri was silent a moment, looking the assistant up and down, before shaking his head. “I respect your opinion, but you’re wrong. I’ve spent years being that pair of boots on the ground. I’ve seen this city after every attack, every assault, and I’ve seen its people proud and I’ve seen them worried. The Guard is efficient, but in times like this, it is cold. Our men and women are a well-oiled machine, but when they act en masse, they act only to accomplish a goal.

They need to see that we care. They need to know that they have not been abandoned, or forgotten. They need a leader, not a bureaucrat hiding away in his office. I will go down there to see them for myself, and I will do what I can. Personally.”

The assistant was quiet for a long, long few moments, mulling over the Akiri’s words, and eyeing his expression. Finally, he sighed, giving a small smile. “I’ve had this job since Vakama was in charge, sir. He never listened to me about safe distances either. Alright. I can’t stop you. But I’m going with you, whether you like it or not.”

Jaller nodded, a faint smile crossing his face. The assistant sighed again, tucking a dagger into his belt. The Akiri did not need to; He already kept a weapon on his person at all times, after all. It was unwise not to, given just how many assassination attempts, and successes, had occurred on the island already. He looked at his assistant questioningly, and the other Matoran nodded. Without another words, they set out through the Guard fortress, and out into the city.

For the first time in many weeks, the Akiri of Fire walked the streets. No guards were visible behind him, though the guards stationed across the city noted his presence, and word seemed to have been passed on, as the men and women of the Guard no longer seemed surprised to see him. The Akiri elected to take a winding path through the city, pausing where he could to help, and generally doing his best to be visible.

Though that wasn’t a hard feat; word seemed to spread that the Akiri was walking the streets, and a few stopped to speak with him. It was painful to see his city in such a shape; the buildings were all intact, bar the damages to the square and the signs of hasty shots along the escape route, but the people were different. He saw anger and desperation, despair and grief, a multitude of emotions mingling and mixing into a cohesive whole. The Guard was everywhere, as were their efforts. He could already see crews working on repairing damages, and a steady stream of all manner of races carted supplies from the hospital towards the square, doctors and Guard medics alike mixed together, united in their goal. The city was reeling, but it would heal. It would recover, and never would it succumb.

OOC: So! The Guard is continuing to do its job, and medical aid is being prepared at both the hospital, and the scene near the Lavapool. Jaller is walking the streets which does, in fact, mean that you are free to interact with him. In fact, I encourage it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

The ....

I had seen some weird stuff in my lifetime. I'd seen Toa who could whip shadows into a frenzy on command; I'd seen leagues and leagues and leagues of Rahkshi descend onto Le-Koro, tearing it to pieces and then turning on each other as if someone had flicked a switch on their loyalties; why, I'd even seen Kehuri get a girlfriend. And while the image on a Nui-Jaga crumbling to dust just like that didn't quite take the cake on that list, it did at least make the list.

Still, no reason to let that stop me.

"This," I said, walking through the Nui-Jaga's residue and over to the discarded crystal lying on the ground, "is victory, Vygel."

I knelt down, reached out to grab the crystal, and then hesitated. "Hey Zauk! You know if this thing is rigged?"

- - -

IC:

"Wow, they're calling us traitors; it's like they've never met a pirate before."

The sound of disks smashing against the hull of this now-commandeered ship reverberated through the gun deck, and I grimaced. "This is an escort ship, Captain; I'm not sure how long it'll last under fire. So, though I hesitate to defer to anything that Lasinia says, I'll be honest: ramming doesn't seem like too bad of an idea right now."

- - -

IC:

"Well, hold off on those plans, folks...."

The Toa of Stone watched as their disks tore apart the wooden deck of the flagship, forcing most of its occupants to the lower levels; though such places were growing to be just as dangerous. Unfortunately, the onslaught of iron hadn't done anything to slow their approach.

"Mr. Ironshaper," Rynekk said, still watching the pirate ship, "orders, sir?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Jolek rounded the corner, stopping himself short as a Ta-Matoran passed.

Collision avoided. Nice work, boys.

"Sorry." he said, glancing over to the man who very nearly escaped being his collision buddy.

Where have I seen him before?

Maybe just a familiar face from the streets? One of those people you always pass by but never talk to?

No, no, no, this guy was important. He got that sense from his memory.

Oh, this was gonna bug him. Okay, one way to find out...

"Do I know you?" he asked politely, turning to face the Akiri fully.

helo frens

IC: (Kino)

I could see Angelus leaning in to kiss me, but he wasn't leaning down and I could just let it happen like this or....

I tilted my head just to the right position, and then I felt it. The feeling of his lips brushing and then pressing against mine and it felt soft, wet, and warm but most of all it felt perfect. I could feel my cheeks heating up again, but I tried not to think about it, this night had been so much more than I ever hoped it could be and I wanted to savor every second of it. As we broke away from the kiss I chuckled sheepishly, and looked aside. "Heh, um sorry if I shocked you, it was kinda spur of the moment you know?"

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: "Anyone feeling 'bored'," One could hear the air quotes. "Can go help the others deal with taking out the small ship. Everyone else needs to stay over here and keep the main ship off of us until then."

Swinging the wheel around, Kale turned the Fowadi, making sure to stay close enough to the smaller pirate ship for people to get between them but notin such a way as for the two ships to collide.

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: As he drifted in and out of unconsciousness the grey Toa began sending out a weak but very annoying sound. It was not going to carry very far but hopefully it would catch enough of someone's attention for them to find him.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "If you and Merla would like to try that whirlpool idea, be my guest. Aside from that no, feel free to join in the boarding party."

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

Angelus was surprised, but not overly shocked, when Kino tilted her head and held his against her lips. The Toa of Fire ran his tongue along the insides of his lips and leaned against the wall, watching the Air Toa look away. She was muttering something, and chuckling awkwardly; he found it more than a little curious (and endearingly dorky) that a mercenary so flippant and tough on the job or in an interrogation room could so totally melt at the slightest kiss. He looked down at the floor and smiled to himself, and then looked back at Kino.

"--of the moment, you know?" she asked, before he pushed up her chin with a finger and kissed her again, with one bicep against the wall and the other arm around her back. When he finally pulled away, squeezing Kino's waist, he smiled at her a little further and stood up straight.

"G'night, Kino."

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

I didn't think "from dust we came, and to dust we will return" meant something quite so literal, Kethrye thought, brushing the Nui-Jaja's blood from his blade with his eyes intent on where the rest of the beast had disintegrated. Kethrye was long past being fazed by the laws of reality breaking down around him, but was still left uneasy. There were forces at work here;  Unknown, mysterious forces.

Kethrye hated unknown, mysterious forces. He preferred foes one could look in the eye as they tried to kill you, then at least you knew were you stood. As far as they knew this wondrous disappearing rahi could have been left as a test, and whoever they were dealing with felt them no ultimate ill will and was merely toying with them, laughing as only those types could.

"Care to enlighten us?" the Toa of Ice hissed in Zauk's direction, leering at the Toa of Lightening, their employer. He tilted his head towards the stone that had been bonded to the Nui-Jaja, which Plagia had stooped to examine. "Or do you still plan on remaining all mysterious and aloof? I doubt you know as little as you let on originally, sorry." 

Edited by BenLuke

IC: Saeren & Svero

As Saeren and the other medics did their thing, Svero began to walk around the square. He'd left a tidy supply of plants for them to work with as supplies trickled in from the medical center and he needed to recharge. The square was really in better shape than he'd first thought. Perhaps he'd simply gotten used to the orderliness of that had predominated the Koro. He took a moment to walked further along the path that the Maru had obviously chased the Skakdi, and he began to hear an very faint, odd sound. A good distance down the road a group of Matoran had gathered around the body of a grey Toa. One of them waved at him, another seemed to be trying to get someone elses attention.

Svero trotted down, one hand on the hilt of his weapon and the other hefting his walking stick, using the latter and a sharp voice to get the Matoran to stand back, ordering one with a Guard insignia to go get Saeren and a stretcher. There were several pieces of shrapnel and he was obviously quite beaten, but he seemed to be breathing.

"Hey, hey," he placed a firm hand on the semi-conscious Toa, "are you with us? What's your name?"

Edited by Zox the Arendelle Fox

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog