Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi


  • Please log in to reply
2469 replies to this topic

#2441 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,005 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 06:59 PM

IC:

 

"Oh, you just say that because you haven't tried the whole gamut of variations upon the hamburger."

 

-Void


  • 0

#2442 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 07:00 PM

IC: Lasinia

 

"I've tried enough."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2443 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,005 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 07:02 PM

IC:

 

"That seems awfully close-minded."

 

...

 

"And yes, I heard the hypocrisy there too. ######."

 

-Void


  • 0

#2444 Offline The Tomorrow Girl

The Tomorrow Girl
  • Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

  • 7,558 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 08:04 PM

OOC: First half, Krayz is handling the second part of the Quest.

 

IC: Zauk

 

The Toa of Lighnting looked up from his crouched position next to the pile of dust that had once been the elemental construct of a Nui Jaga, his orange gaze flitting across the collection of beings there, coming to rest on Tehlin, who gave a shrug that carried with it all the helpfulness of a splinter.  The Bo-Toa mouthed a single set of words, "Lead on."

 

Zauk's gaze merely cooled to such a degree that it was amazing that the area wasn't flash frozen on the spot.  Rising to a standing position and dusted himself off in a single motion, Zauk spoke up, his voice carrying around the small clearing and through the dead forest.

 

"We should be close now, keep your eyes out for anything that looks artificially placed.  A structure sticking out of the ground, a path of stones, anything."

 

Zauk took a step forward, before glancing over his shoulder and adding,  "Or another one of those Rahi, we don't want one sneaking up on us again."

 

And then he continued on, his steps silent on the worn ground.

 

 

* * *

 

 

The group had stuck relatively together as they moved through the forest, the oppressive weight of the Charred Forest unconsciously keeping their voices low while they consciously gripped their weapons, very aware of their surroundings.  Even after Makuta's death, shadows still lingered within places such as these, their inky depths seeming to dance beneath the twisted forms of the trees around.  It was unnerving to even the most battle-worn members of their group, perhaps more so because they had seen firsthand the havoc that the Master of Shadows could wreck with merely his will.

 

However, they were pulled out of their quiet conversations by a shout from one of their own, the sound causing a few to raise their weapons in preparation for an attack before they realized that they weren't hearing cries of pain or alarm.

 

"Over here!" Came Helios' voice, the young Toa of Gravity waving his gold-armored arm over to the group, the other pointing to what looked like a stony outcropping in the ground.  Only it wasn't.  The stone's face was worn smooth with the weathering of countless seasons, and cracks traced over it's face, as if some had stepped on it.  They weren't cracks, but inscriptions carved into the stone, the lines sinking into the rock nearly two inches.  After a moment, the runes were recognizable as those used by the Matoran, though they had the sharp, brutal look of the Skakdi alphabet.

 

"This is it," Zauk confirmed, the lenses on his mask whirring as he studied the monolith with the sight that they gave him.  His eyes were wide.  Tearing his gaze away for a moment, he glanced behind him.

 

"Help me with this," He stated to them, his Kanohi flaring to life as he telekinetically lifted hard packed dirt from around the stone.


  • 0

}{}{}{sigdresden.jpg}{}{}{

"Yes, an acute case of omniscience!"


#2445 Offline Zox Tomana

Zox Tomana
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Seeker

  • 262 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 09:18 PM

IC: Saeren

Saeren wasn't exactly adept at reading the faces of Rahi, but he could tell that Chivinix felt trapped. Even the open street probably seemed close and claustrophobic compared to the openness of the Wahi.

"Ma'am, I'll leave you and your... friend to work things out." Softly, he added, "Plenty of guards around if tings turn too ugly for one Toa."

Things were becoming less medical and more social (of some kind he was sure) by the second, so Saeren quickly extricated himself from the group, bidding farewell Ril and Svero: as far as he could tell the most dangerous part of the day was over, and he hopefully wouldn't need to stick so closely to the Guard anymore.

OOC: Saeren open for interaction.

  • 0

Softly Call the Muster

Let Comrade Answer Here

-------

BS01 History Page --- The Sleeping World


#2446 Offline Norik Of Celtania

Norik Of Celtania
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

  • 2,223 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2014 - 11:36 PM

IC: Vygel

The Toa of Gravity could hear Zauk's urgency in his voice, and nodded. Without a word, he lifted his arms to help lift the stone off with his gravity powers.

  • 0

MTG Dual Colour

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=547065 My BZPRPG Character Profiles


#2447 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 12:45 AM

IC: Lasinia

"I think I have some instant noodles on me. "

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2448 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

  • 5,426 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 02:41 AM

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro):

 

Kirgan walked the streets of Ta-Koro, looking for a specific something. He wandered around aimlessly, his head turning left and right.

 

OOC: Kirgan open for interaction.


Edited by Toatapio Nuva, Aug 25 2014 - 02:45 AM.

  • 0

#2449 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 09:48 AM

OOC: Taking you up on that interaction, Toatapio.

IC: Ril

Ta-koro was looking quite a bit better now. Now that there were less injured people groaning in pain on the streets or remains of houses strewn around, it was far easier to look upon his home and say: "it's a lot less ######". Of course, that didn't mean everyhing was fine and dandy. Ril knew crime had experienced a slight spike, with many of his colleagues trying to deal with the aftermath of the Savage Skakdi Sextet. That meant he needed to deal with whatever criminal dared evade Jaller's tightly-run ship.

Not that the eyepatch-wearing Toa of Fire cared. It was evident that Ta's criminal underworld was not going to fall so easily. While any actions he took could possibly stem expansion, there wouldn't really be major. Sure, he could crash a gang meeting, but he'd die. And that'd be bad.

His wandering eye caught note of a being aimlessly steolling theough the streets. Ril shook his head. People did that a lot these days.

"Oi," he called out to Kirgan. "What are you up to?"

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2450 Offline delilah

delilah
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

  • 3,849 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 12:37 PM

IC (Leah):

 

Leah's brow furrowed behind her mask. 

 

"I don't like the idea of charging in, precisely because we do not know what they will find in the vault. It just as well may give them the power to take us down as soon as we move in. If we wait for them to surface we could prepare for an elemental ambush I doubt even these Piraka will be able to withstand."

 

She slightly shrugged. "But you raise a valid point - so I suggest a combined approach: We attack by collapsing the tunnel or cavern they are in when we get closer to them, seemingly trying to bury them. It will provide a distraction for our speedy brother to seize one of them. It will also force them to use their powers to defend against the cave-in instead of us directly."

 

She winked at Kongu. "A multilateral attack, just like we used to do when going after smaller Rama swarms - Have two birds harass them and make them come after you while the rest of the flight pick them off from behind once they start chasing."

 

IC (Oreius, Inu)

 

The Toa of fire struggled to let no sign of his impatience slip through. "I think it sounds good. Shall we move?"

 

His eyes almost turned to Reordin, but he forced them past his brother, past his Akiri, to land on Stannis. The Wanderer's silence hung heavy; perhaps he would now see fit to break it.


  • 0

heytherecopy_zps41588106.jpg


#2451 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

  • 9,378 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 01:25 PM

Ic: "Let's," Stannis finally said in a somber grumble like a golem raised to life from a long slumber and finding itself disappointed that it awoke in a gloomy storm. "Akiri, thank you for your support—we will not be afraid to ask for help when we need it. Now, the hour is late and we still have much to discuss," he stated.

 

"Some privacy is warranted," he said to nobody in particular.


Edited by EmpressYumiwa, Aug 25 2014 - 01:25 PM.

  • 0

#2452 Offline delilah

delilah
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

  • 3,849 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 02:17 PM

IC (Oreius, Inu)

 

"My house is close," the Toa of Fire said.

 

Minutes later, the team was there. Oreius' home was small, spartan, and obviously disused: a thin sheet of dust blanketed everything. But the owner made no apology: a hunter's place is on the hunt.


  • 0

heytherecopy_zps41588106.jpg


#2453 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,005 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 02:51 PM

IC:

 

Somehow, I figured that this was a problem that couldn't or shouldn't be solved through punching things.

 

Zauk and Vygel were already busy using their powers to shift the stone out of the ground, but as for me, I'd have to use more ingenious methods for this relocation of igneous objects. Looking around, I tried to spot a decent tool for the job. Helios's hammer might have been nice, but I was kinda doubting he would be so eager to loan it to the girl who lets it be thrown through the forest. Which is unfair, honestly. I mean, I was being attacked by a Nui-Jaga. I really think that counts for something.

 

...

 

Okay fine, it doesn't. Be that way.

 

Rather than dwell on ides like that, I kept looking around for a tool, my eyes eventually laying on a piece of wood that had been snapped off a tree in the recent past, if the fresh splinters on one end were anything to go by. I tried not to be perturbed by that (probably just a Rahi or wanderer or something, right?), and I walked straight over, picking it up and giving a quick, hard whack against the trunk of a tree. Solid. 

 

Fantastic.

 

Slinging it over my shoulder, I headed on over to the stone in question, and with another swift strike, drove the stick into the dirt around it, listening to the harsh scrape of wood against rock. Another push rammed it even deeper, giving me some decent leverage going. Taking a breath, I threw my body weight onto the makeshift lever, trying to help pry the rock up and out of the earth.

 

And if this doesn't work, I can always fall back on just whacking the stone real hard.

 

---

 

IC:

 

I looked at Lasinia.

 

"You carry instant noodles with you?"

 

-Void


  • 0

#2454 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 25 2014 - 08:59 PM

IC: Lasinia

 

"Who doesn't?"


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2455 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

  • 5,426 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 12:06 AM

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro):

 

Slightly startled, Kirgan turned to face the Toa of Fire who had just spoken to him. His black and orange form had dents and scratches all over it, creating an impression of a veteran hero. The most notable feature of the Toa, however, was that only one of his eyes was visible. The other was covered with an eyepatch.

 

Another injury of the past?

 

"I - I'm looking for a friend", Kirgan said. "His name is Hile. A Ko-Matoran. Have you seen him in this village?"


Edited by Toatapio Nuva, Aug 26 2014 - 12:31 PM.

  • 0

#2456 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 12:44 AM

IC: Ril

"Can't really say I have," said the Toa of Fire with a shrug. "Ko-matoran aren't too hard to miss here."

  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2457 Online Twelfth Ghosthands

Twelfth Ghosthands
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force Defeated

  • 3,793 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 03:11 AM

IC (Lohkar)

 

"I don't."


  • 0

infiltration_banner.png

 

More ME minifigs!


#2458 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 05:36 AM

IC: Lasinia

 

"You should. They're useful."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2459 Offline Own Personal Quixote

Own Personal Quixote
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

  • 4,987 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 08:48 AM

[/quote]

IC:

"Right," Rynekk said, his dark mood slowly lifting.

"Well, it was just after the ceremony, and everyone was starting to file out of the house; at least that was my impression of it, but I was a little preoccupied with my own thoughts at the moment. I had met that blue and gold Toa again the night before, and he'd brought me to the Naho Falls. Told me more about some prophecy that I was part of and gave me a treasure map to follow for it. Then he vanished, the Kualsi-wearing prick.

"But I guess that I was still stewing over that, because I didn't pick up the Mark Bearers right away. They came in like one of Mata Nui's plagues, tearing up the area. It was all we could do to hold them off, but even then, Tadris and I were knocked out of the fight pretty quick. I woke up in the bay a few hours later, half-drowned, but close enough to the shore to save myself."

His face fell slightly.

"I couldn't find Tadris."

-Void[/quote]

IC: [font=Verdana]"No news 'bout him, Ah suppose?"[/quote]

Edited by Own Personal Quixote, Aug 26 2014 - 08:48 AM.

  • 0

#2460 Offline Vezok's Friend

Vezok's Friend
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Visorak Horde Infiltrating

  • 10,143 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 09:18 AM

IC:

 

Leah had followed the group to Oreius' house, quickly catching up to them after properly saying goodbye for now to the two Akiri. Oreius place was quickly becoming crowded, which had not as much to do with the actual number of people there and was rather a result of the the Toa Maru of fire living in a humble abode. Sulov already had to slightly duck to not scrape against the ceiling. Leah felt the faintest trace of embarrassment, thinking about living in Nokama's hut, but quickly got over it. It was not her own home, after all, she was just staying there as the guardian of the village and they had welcomed her there. 

 

She closed the door behind her, then turned to Stannis, who's aura had become decidedly green-tinged. 

 

"Let's not waste time and get the easy things out of the way first." she said, unceremoniously. 

 

"What does your mask really do?"


  • 0


smaugbanner.jpg


#2461 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

  • 5,426 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 12:32 PM

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro):

 

Kirgan sighed. "Figures. The one time I have time to meet him, and he's nowhere to be found."

 

Kirgan shifted focus from his own frustration to the Toa. "My name is Kirgan, by the way."


  • 0

#2462 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 05:19 PM

IC: Ril

 

"I'm Ril."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2463 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 3,005 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 05:52 PM

IC:
 
I raised one hand to my chin, striking a pose not-uncommon amongst the great philosophers of yonder.
 
"I suppose that it's not a bad idea," I mused. "I mean, back when I was tramping across the island, there were days that I would've killed for some instant noodles on me...."
 
I paused, suddenly.
 
"Did I just agree with Lasinia?"
 
---
 
IC:
 
"Not exactly," Rynekk replied. "You remember that golden Toa I was telling you about? The one who gave me the map? Well, he turned up again, a few weeks later. Snuck aboard the Fowadi somehow, and said something about Tadris. The way he was talking, seemed like he knew where he was."
 
The expression on his face was unreadable. 
 
"Back at the Falls, he said that his name was Stendhal. On the ship, he seemed upset that I hadn't been following that map. He was angry. He said that he could take his anger out on Tadris if I didn't knuckle under and fulfill this prophecy of his.
 
"Ironshaper found him, though, and Stendhal was arrested. He was in Po-Koro's maximum security prison for three months. Me, I was desperate to find Tadris; I'd been trying since Stendhal's arrest, trying to track him down, trying to pry his whereabouts out of the psycho. But I didn't get a lead until ... he broke out of prison. Few months ago."
 

-Void


  • 0

#2464 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 26 2014 - 06:10 PM

IC: Lasinia

 

"Another joins the Noodle Cult!"


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2465 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

  • 5,426 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 12:08 AM

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro):

 

"Nice to meet you", Kirgan said. He was silent for a while, before asking "Any suggestions of places to go in this town? I'm looking for something to do, but don't know what..."


  • 0

#2466 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 12:15 AM

IC: Ril

 

"Don't think you'll like my suggestions."


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2467 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

  • 5,426 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 12:52 AM

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro):

 

"How come?"


  • 0

#2468 Offline Geardirector

Geardirector
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

  • 3,170 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 01:32 AM

IC: Helios (Charred Forest)

 

After spending a moment or two basking in the glory of finding the next clue (by myself), I got to work with the others , trying to uncover the stone with the rugged writing I recognized from my old mentor's letters. Although, Colx writes prettier than these scribblings, which is certainly saying something.

 

I followed Vygel's lead and continued to help uncover the plate.


  • 0

#2469 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Into Karda Nui

  • 18,181 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 01:45 AM

IC: Ril

 

"You feel like tearing down the walls of some dealer's warehouse?"


  • 0

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg


#2470 Offline Toatapio Nuva

Toatapio Nuva
  • Members
  • Master of Fragmentation Rampant

  • 5,426 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 27 2014 - 04:52 AM

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro):

 

"What? For fun?"


  • 0




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users