BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Natharius.

As soon as Dorian pulled the trigger the first time, Natharius dropped the sack, drew his sword, activating the mechanism that caused it to shift into its javelin form, and leveled the point of the spear at the back of his neck, reaching past Skyra to do so. In the short time it took for him to perform the fluid motion, though, Dorian had already fired off another five shots. 

This had escalated way too quickly, and now he was forced to pick a side. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

OOC: Skyra isn't shooting, that's Dorian. MIght want to edit that. XD

IC: Skyra

My face was one of shock as I watched Dorian fall victim to an array of boobytraps and other childish pranks, then Grokk himself started playing on the piano, wearing an assortment of scarves. My hand reached into a pouch on my person, pulling out a pellet in order to reload my weapon. 

Then I heard someone speak from just behind my shoulder. I let out a surprised yelp, spinning around and sending the blunt end of my blunderbuss toward his face like a club. It was around that time Dorian took out his revolver and started shooting. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Sorry, fixed it. I'm really out of sync tonight. I do apologise. 

IC: Natharius 

Natharius didn't even see Skyra move; he was too fixated on Dorian to even notice. at leas,t until the blunt end of her weapon hit him upside the head and knocked him sideways, causing him to drop his spear as he did. The weapon clattered loudly to the ground, and he fell against the door frame, momentarily stunned. 

IC: Zaara.

The gunshots rang out loud and clear in the subdued Ta-Koro air. Zaara and her new-found companions all turned towards the sound. "Please tell me I wasn't the only one who heard that?" she asked, starting to become very concerned about how safe this city really was...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Kino)

"Nice to meet you too Jolek," I replied, with a smile. I was able to hide how red in the cheeks Angel had made me by coming out and saying I was his girlfriend. My heartbeat a little bit faster, and I was also happy to see that Angelus was able to hang out with one of his good friends. Good news for Angelus, considering the state of Ta-Koro, was good that he'd get his mind off it for at least a little bit.

IC: Jol returned the smile warmly and nodded, turning his gaze somewhat back to Angel.

"Good to see you guys are safe. Yesterday was freaking crazy." he said, much to the agreement of the assembly at large. In spite of himself, he itched the bandage on his brow, now just a smaller, less conspicuous path over the cut.

"Didn't even get to beat up on those toothy dicks like I was hoping..." he said sheepishly, looking over to the ruins of the inn.

helo frens

IC: Marda and Naishe

Marda turned to the source of the sound.

"No, I definitely heard that. Not a good sound to hear when you're not the one making it. Perhaps we should go." she said, and after a silent moment she turned to both of them and smiled mischievously. "Or perhaps we should investigate." she suggested. At that moment a Toa of Stone ran up to join them.

"Miss Marda! What are you doing here? And what was that sound?" she asked. Marda turned to look at her.

"Ah, Niashe, there you are. It appears there is a firefight nearby." she said. Naishe nodded, glancing at Marda's companions.

"Should we investigate?" she asked, and Marda smiled.

"I was thinking the same thing." she replied, turning to her companions. "What do you all say?"

Edited by MjolnirInTheFridge

In one fluid motion I holstered my blunderbuss onto my belt and picked up Natharius' spear. Spears weren't my choice of weapon but I certainly knew how to use them. Gukko Force training required you to have knowledge in most types of weapons. 

I held the pointy end of the spear at Natharius' neck. "It's in your best interest to stay right where you are." I honestly didn't think this guy knew what he'd gotten himself into, it would have been a shame if I had to stab him over something like this. 

Edited by Skitty

IC: Vulcan

Vulcan slashed his plasma whip across a nearby tree, sending it crashing to the ground in a blaze of fire.

"Not here again. Why is she making me search this Great Spirit forsaken island when she knows where the stupid thing is?" he growled, and bursts of plasma spewed from his spines, incinerating more nearby trees. Vulcan turned and stalked away from the crater he had made, glancing at his map once more. There was another one nearby, just outside of Ta-Koro. Maybe he could try that one, if nobody was around. Feeling his temper rising, he soared into the air and made his way back to the village.

Edited by MjolnirInTheFridge

IC: "Well, you're the guy that's making my brand new shiny sword, so I kind of have to protect you."

Casanuva held out his scorched arm. "Not much use in a straight up fight, though."

The Fa-Toa pulled his sword out of its scabbard, and held it backhanded. "I can provide support, though. Snipe, catch metal, stuff like that."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Nunonu

Making eye-contact with Casanuva as the toa turned to him, Nunonu scratched the back of his head.

"What am I going to do? I'm not exactly armed, so my plan was to just, kinda.." He drifted off and looked around nervously. "Stay back?"

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

"Let's go." Zaara agreed. If there was something going on, she didn't want to be left out, nor did she want to go after it alone.

Sitting up, Natharius found the point of his own spear leveled at his throat. "It's in your best interest to stay right where you are." Skyra said, for she was the one holding the spear. He sat up a little, but didn't get to his feet, instead looking towards Dorian and Grokk to see what was happening.

OOC: Don't want to go too far with this yet; What are Grokk and Dorian doing?

Marda smiled at Zaara's agreement. It had been too long since she'd gone on an adventure with a stranger.

"Lovely. Let's be off then, before whoever made those noises takes off." she said, and followed by Naishe and Zaara, she took off towards the sound.

OOC: I'll let you lead for now, NatoGreavesy, since it appears you're the one we're going after. :P

IC (Oreius, Inu)

The guard knew little to nothing more than Oreius had learned in the report, which was disappointing, but the the Toa of Fire hadn't expected much different. The shrine spoke for itself. Blasphemy in scarlet.

Tahu was angry, though less at the defacement of his monument and more at the terrorizing of his people: the offending Skakdi had murdered a woman to provide the paint necessary to redecorate the Ta-Kini, and, judging by the corner's report, he hadn't done it quickly. Oreius clenched his fists, but otherwise remained calm. Inu acted as intermediary between himself and the First Toa's spirit, drinking in the anger before it cloud his mind.

There was other graffiti and damage to the shrine, but the Toa Maru could care less. It was stone; stone could be replaced. But an innocent life? The Skakdi would pay.

He looked over at Bohrei; she was busy conversing with another guard, though he doubted she would find any more information than he had. The evidence was already here; now only the hunt remained.

• Upvote 1

IC: Lunefeld - [Ta-Koro]

The Toa if Gravity had been busy. Making use of his connections and observing the talk of the common citizens, he gathered several facts:

• Iiasmir's gang sign was a black miru patch in the member's shoulder;
  • He had a safehouse somewhere in the village, near a public institution, in fact;
  • He frequently used runners to send messages and orders to gang outposts elsewhere in town;
  • He liked apples.
Lunefeld stood quietly, cloak drawn up around himself, near the town square. A shifty-eyed Toa exited from a run-down inn, looking around for any observers. He was obviously terrible at it, as he did not spot Lunefeld. He then broke into a run to the slum areas.

Lunefeld climbed the inn he was staying in. Looking out towards the slums, he saw the runner take a message and quickly make his way back to the north gate, probably to bring a message to Ga-Koro affiliates.

Lunefeld took a shortcut through the alleys. He had to incapacitate several ruffians to make it through safely.

The Toa made it to the gate first, and exited it. He waited just out of sight in the charred forest nearby.

Jarko cane running out, and almost passed by Lunefeld.

'Almost', because Lunefeld suddenly increased Jarko's gravity twentyfold. He crashed into the ash-filled ground of Ta-Wahi. Lunefeld strode up to him.

IC: (Jarko)

The Toa crashed into the dirt, sliding a few inches before coming to a halt. Whipping his head back, the gang member stared daggers back at Lunefield. "What the heIl?" he spat, jumping to his feet and forming his ironclad hands into fists.

IC: Lunefeld - [Outside Ta-Koro, near the Charred Forest]

Lunefeld barely flinched.

"I wish to speak to your leader, Iiasmir."

Zaara and her new-found companions took off towards where the gunshots had come from. Rounding a corner, she was confronted with the scene of an unfolding battle. Two Toa, one of Air and one of Iron, were taking on a pair of Skakdi, one of them brown, the other black. Were those Skakdi the Piraka everyone was talking about? She didn't know for sure, so she held back. These two Toa seemed to have the situation handled anyway. 

At least, she thought they did. 

IC:

As soon as I saw Dor draw, I dove to the side and took cover behind the couch. Bullet one grazed my upper arm, leaving a line of ouchie; bullet two almost took off my ear, but settled for popping the drum with its overhead flight; bullet three would've killed me a fraction of a second earlier; bullet four went a weensy bit wide, and into the piano - accompanied by the twangs of several innocent wires snapping, oh the humanity; bullet five followed me to the couch, hitting the furniture and getting pleasantly absorbed by the cooshyness; bullet six was totally superfluous, cracking into the bookshelf a mile over my head.

Hadn't quite been the reception I'd expected; but at least he hadn't thrown fruit. I could think of the gunshots as really, really loud clapping, clapping some artistes would die to hear. Heh. It's funny, because death.

If 'Dorable was using the same pea shooter as always - which I'd bank on, I mean, karz, look at his place; he hadn't thrown anything away since his pre-scarf (read as; prenatal) days, by the look of it - six shots meant he'd emptied on me, and had nothing left that could zip across the room and make me hurt super quick. Skeedo still had whatever had blown open the door (its bark had been deeper than the pew pew of Dor's gun, so I knew there was a second firearm) but I could bank on her not shooting in time, what with her bestest buddy interrupting a squeaky line of sight. My bag - my own weapon in it - sat on the corner of the couch. I could inch my piggies around and grab it, if I was quick.

I was quick (surprise!); man-purse in hand, I got out my Zamor Launcher - ol' reliable, ol' bessie, whoever you wanna call it - and snapped myself with a Containment Sphere. The thick blue orb expanded around me and the bag in a second, pushing the couch towards its other furniture buddies and shoving the poor, beat-up piano into the wall, splintering a few of its parts. In the kind of blissful immunity only a big, blue bouncy bubble could provide, I stood up and faced the still-wet, still-bruised, still-still Dorkian.

"I guess ya missed me," I grinned. "...Both in the emotional and target-practicey ways."

• Upvote 1

test2.png

IC:

"I forgot you existed for a while, actually. It's a blissful existence. Everyone should try it at least once." With an irritated curse, I pulled off the sopping wet, ice-and-bourbon soaked shirt and threw it at the wall. When it slowly slid down and fell, two distinct wet plops echoed from the floor - one of the shirt congealing in a mass of water, whiskey, and Grokk's sheer amusement, and the other was Skyra becoming an intangible pile of goo all at once and splashing on the floor when I took my shirt off. "Not that I'm not happy to see you - by the way, I'm not - but do you want to explain how you found my loft and why you're here? Please tell me that you have three months to live and you need a partner to help you with your bucket list and unlock your inner goodness along the way. My answer will totally be no."

"Can I shoot him next?"

"Sorry, Sky. Already replaced these walls one too many times since--" A devious idea grew in the depths of my head. "--since you moved in." I turned to Grokk again with a grin. 

"Hey, Grokk. Meet my new trophy. Skyra, meet Grokk. Hey, Grokk, buddy, remember that checklist we had in Xa-Koro? How many different girls of varying weirdness levels I could pick up? We made a contest of it for a couple weeks. Yeah? That list! Still got it lying around?" I looked at Skyra and gave her one of the smiles I was keeping on ice for a special occasion.

"You met Skyra yet? He's a doll--whoops. Sorry, baby. She. I've been getting the pronouns mixed up ever since you came out." Skyra's eyes widened as I hit the room with the clincher:

"We're dating."

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Well... that's awkward. 

Seeing that Grokk was fine, and had Dorian contained, Natharius leaped into motion, kicking out with his feet, forcing Skyra to back off, and giving himself time to jump back up to his feet. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a group of newcomers, all of them pointing various pointy shooty things in his direction. He snatched his spear back from Skyra's stunned hands, collapsing it into sword form and sheathing it before carefully raised his hands, showing her and the new arrivals that he meant no harm. 

Then Dorian launched into his little speech, which was rather confusing (why was he calling Skyra a he?), and Natharius slowly lowered his hands, frowning. Absolutely none of this made the slightest bit of sense to him. I guess that comes with being the new guy in town, he thought to himself. Everyone had a history, and he knew none of it.

But when Dorian dropped his bombshell, "We're dating." Natharius couldn't stop himself from bursting out with laughter.

I stood there, hardly even noticing Natharius taking back his weapon, or his burst of laughter afterwards. My face felt hotter than the lava the koro floated on. 

Then I smirked, and lazily made my way over to Dorian. I'd play along with Dorian's little game, if only to mess with Grokk. But Dorian was gonna really reallyyyyy owe me for this. 

​"That's right, we're dating. Surprise." 

Edited by Skitty

It took several moments to realise that Dorian and Skyra were being completely deadpan serious. For a moment, he considered the possibility that they were pranking Grokk, but then it occurred to him: Skyra had said she'd come from Le-Koro to find Dorian. Perhaps this was why? but no, the house had been full of dust; no one had been here in ages. Besides, Skyra had said she'd only just arrived in the city, so she hadn't moved in. Dorian was making this up as he went along. If Natharius could figure that out, then a genius like Grokk sure as Karz could as well. 

But he didn't say anything; just waited to see what happened next. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

IC: Kouyran

The grating sound of gunshots came from around the corner. The sound crashed against Kouyran's ears, and as he stepped out onto the street he absent-mindedly sent a chunk of building flying towards the sound. He continued walking, trying to be as passively destructive as possible, in ways including undermining the foundations of buildings with his Matatu, freezing the tiny drops of water within the stone pedestal upon which Ta-Koro lay. The Toa of Ice came to an inn, The Lavaboarding Rahi, and, spotting the sun sinking below the horizon, pushed open the heavy, rusted door.

A foul reek of smoke and stale alcohol hit him as he stepped over the mouldy threshold. The inn was filled with drunk Toa, Skakdi, and, surprisingly enough, Ta-Matoran. Kouyran began to make for the bar, shouldering his way through the deafening and boisterous crowd with his hand on his dagger, and when he arrived there, he shouted

"I need a room for the night! How much?" at the Lesterin behind the bar.

"Twenty widgets!", the bartender yelled back at him. 

"Deal!", the Ko-Toa replied. As the Magnetism Lesterin turned away to shout at a group of Skakdi who were brawling like Kane-Ra and Muaka, Kouyran quickly put pressure on one of the most drunken Matoran's brain, knocking him out. He levitated the Matoran's bag of money out of the senseless villager's pocket, and when the small pouch dropped into his hand, he stuffed it into a gap in his own armour. When the Lesterin turned back, Kouyran handed the bag over wordlessly and climbed up the narrow stairs to the upper floor.

OOC: The Lavaboarding Rahi is an inn I made up on the spur of the moment. The Lesterin of Magnetism is too. Could someone tell me if we're allowed to do that, please?

VBWj75sh.png

"Skakdi." Marda mumbled as she watched the chaos with an uncertain smile. "Perhaps we should hang back, for now. I don't want to get in the middle of a battle between Toa and Skakdi. But let's keep our eye on them. We may need to step in eventually." she said, turning to Naishe. "I understand you have work to do, but I would appreciate it if you could stay. Go and see if you can listen in." she said, and Naishe nodded.

"Yes, Miss Marda." she said, and she took her daggers and slid them into the ground. At that moment a wall of stone erupted from the ground around her, moving until she was encircled in a dome of rock that looked as though it belonged there. Meanwhile, she activated her mask, her spirit slipping from her body to drift towards the battle.

IC: Nunonu

Handing Tor back his other sword, Nunonu moves to follow Casanuva.

"I..guess so.." He said quietly, still not thinking interfering was the best idea. "It's not our problem...but..it could be serious." The matoran thought, weighing the pros and cons of each argument in his head.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

Zaara officially had absolutely no idea what the heck was going on anymore. The black Skakdi seemed to have surrendered, while the brown had trapped one of the Toa. The two Toa now seemed to be trying to convince the brown Skakdi that they were dating, which the black Skakdi seemed to find incredibly funny. Oh, and Naishe had trapped herself inside a rock.

Yep, things couldn't get much weirder. 

Naishe spent a few moments listening to the absurd conversation before drifting back towards the others. She stepped through the rock and back into her body, and then allowed the stone to sink back underground.

"They...appear to be having a conversation about...two of them dating, Miss Marda. At least for the moment, it seems like the battle is over." she said, and Marda nodded.

"Indeed. Perhaps we should make ourselves known before the fighting resumes?" she suggested, and then turned to Zaara. "Unless you'd prefer we take our leave. It seems the action is done here." she offered.

IC: As he had suspected, any fight that had occured was long over by the time anyone got there. What Casanuva didn't expect was for the opposing parties to be making up.

"Well, that was quite a... thing." Casanuva turned to his companions. "Tell me, does anyone here have a place my friend and I can crash for the night?"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Mimira

"Yes!" Mimira shouted, she was used to flying around on Mistweaver so the cold didn't bother her as much as it might have, still flying in this manner was a totally different experience than on the back of a Kahu. 

"I wish I could do this!" 

"Sorry," Zaara apologised to Casanuva, "I don't even have anywhere for me to stay. Or money to pay for somewhere, for that matter. Do any of you have any ideas?" she addressed the rest of the group.

Edited by NatoGreavesy