BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Akhulii

"I suppose it makes sense toa of ice wouldn't hang around volcanoes for fun, but it doesn't make things any easier for us. It's getting pretty late and I'm tired. We're either almost out or we're going to have to make camp. And camp is something I don't think would be a good idea."

They continued walking for another hour, following the ominous marks made on the trees. Suddenly Akhulii jumped up excitedly and said, "Look! Up ahead! Looks like a clearing! Haha, I told you the marks were a good idea!"

OOC: I'll leave it up to you to decide whether or not we really found the exit of the charred forest. It makes some interesting story but I don't feel like it's really taking us anywhere. We can make it to Ta-Koro or try and spice things up with some wild rahi and whatnot.

OOC: Well, don't those sound lovely. It seems there isn't anywhere safe from Nuju Metru's wrath. :P But seriously, I need to start reading up on recent events. Do you still want to go to Le-Wahi?

IC: Marda

Marda smiles at Zaara.

"Well, I suppose we could walk all that way. That would take a while. Or, if you've got the stomach for it, I have a ship docked in Ga-Wahi, just a half-day's walk north. It could get us to Le-Wahi in a day, maybe two, and the village would be a short walk from the coast." she suggested.

"The Jungles of Le Koro truly are a spectacle." he said. "I had been thinking of traveling there myself. When do you depart?" said a stranger at her side, and Marda looked over at the newcomer, slightly surprised.

"Well, someone sure is forward. And just what makes you think we're taking on extra companions?" she asked, trying to sound imposing. Actually, she found herself slightly amused by this newcomer, and she wanted to get some more information.

IC:

Jaller tapped his fingers against the desk idly, eyeing the Vortixx analytically. For the first time since Lenat arrived, he pushed his chair out and stood, walking over to the crate towards the side of the room. He didn't need to demonstrate what was in it; his visitor had sent it, after all. Working prototypes of a few weapons, schematics for a vehicle. The Ta-Matoran turned his attention once more to the seated Vortixx.

"You sent this not long ago. I was on the streets when it arrived, but I've had time to look it over. These designs are good; I've already made arrangements for some of them to be mass produced." Pausing briefly, he turned back to his desk and moved with the air of a pacing tiger. "I have the means to do so, easily. I have the resources to cover the costs, and the resources to provide you with the fee you require."

"I would welcome any help you can provide. In fact..." The Akiri of Fire plucked a piece of paper off of his desk and held it up; though he couldn't quite make it out, Lenat could easily identify it as a comprehensive list of instructions, emblazoned at the top with a single title; Rapid Reactionary Forces.

"You've arrived at a very opportune time." 

OOC: Megazordman, Keeper, I've noted the request for me to take over the Guard; I'll try to do so later today, but it requires some reading, and I have some things I have to accomplish today.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Sky, go upstairs and grab me a shirt," I said, casually pushing new ammunition into the chamber of my gun. I looked over at the Skakdi in the doorway and then slanted my eyes back to Grokk with a low grumble. "You. Henchgrokk. What's your name?"

"Nath--"

"Niffleball."

"--arius."

"Yeah, yeah. Skyra, take Needle-Nose with you." Skyra waited at the top of the steps; Nath----arius didn't move at first, but Grokk and I had both turned to look at him by then and slowly Grokk's understudy trudged upstairs, hand still on his weapon. Sky could take him if she had to. She'd always had an annoying habit of being alive despite the best efforts of, oh...everyone. Ever.

She was a grower. Plus, it was fun to watch her walk now.

When we were alone on the ground floor, I turned back to Grokk. "You've got brass ones to show up here, you know. I mean, after your little trip to Ga-Koro everywhere. You kidnapped the future Akiri, cut a deal with the Daedra, killed Nokama...badly, too. Like a chump. I mean, they hate all of us, but they especially hate you, big guy."

"There you go again, caring ab--"

"Yeah, caring enough to not get my lynched on sight. That stunt with the Zamor launcher was sloppy. You can hide a Parakuka wound or a bullet hole at the funeral. You can't hide turning the 's face into a mint chip slushie. They want you dead real bad. The bounty on you could be used to renovate this loft a dozen times over...and you walk right into my front door, vandalize my house, play my piano and me off. That was your plan? Great plan. Really. One for the ages."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii rushed forward, his spirits immediately rising. "We did it! Haha! I told you to never doubt me!" He made a little dance and then waited for Ryzen to catch up.

Then Akhulii turned around and looked out to the fantastic sight of Ta-Koro. It was not Akhulii's type of place, but it was huge and proud. Large black walls and towers, the tops lined with guards and weaponry made up the outside of the village. Smoke arose from several places inside, and the whole thing was surrounded by a bubbling sea of burning orange lava.

"Oh my..." Akhulii had lived in Ga-Koro for his whole life, so a place like this was overwhelming and strange, but curious too. 

They pair approached the gate that led into the city, lined with armed matoran of the Ta-Koro Guard.

OOC: I'm not sure if the gate is open and if the lava bridge is up... not sure what comes next.

Edited by Banana Gunz

OOC: I think heading to Le-Wahi will be even more interesting now with the beetles around. I'm still good to go. (Oh, and my Makuta worshipping Matoran character may or may not have started a wildfire a few days back to push the aforementioned beetles closer to the Le-Koro).

IC: Zaara. 

Zaara looked at the newcomer. It might be fun to have someone else along for the journey. She couldn't quite comprehend why Marda was being so standoffish to the newbie, when she had only met Zaara ten minutes ago as well. Zaara was learning to get comfortable with strangers, since everyone she met was a stranger to her. As long as no one tried to stick a dagger in her, she'd be just fine.

"Be nice, Marda," Zaara said, "surely you have room on your ship for just one more person?"  

OOC: You did not just call me a... HenchGrokk. I've tolerated having my name mangled, but that's a bit over the top.  :)

IC: Natharius.

Natharius seethed inwardly. Now that the harmless fun of Grokk's prank was apparently over, he felt like a third wheel to the bickering couple that was Grokk and Dorian. Biting back several snappy remarks, Natharius followed Skyra upstairs. He wondered if she felt the same way he did, since she was now reduced to finding a new shirt for Dorian. "So much for the greatest prank in recent history," Natharius muttered under his breath.

Despite being a floor above them, he could still clearly hear Dorian's lengthy rant, and he had to admit, it was rather amusing. ...and you walk right into my front door, vandalize my house, play my piano and ###### me off. That was your plan? Great plan. Really. One for the ages." 

Natharius tried not to laugh; It seemed Dorian didn't know about the broken window yet.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Lenat- Ta-koro- Guard HQ- Jaller's Office

IC: Lenat's eyebrows rose in surprise when Jaller spoke about mass production. That was even better than he had hoped for. At best the inventor had been expecting a couple of limited production lines. Mass production meant that the Akiri in front of him felt that the weapons were good enough to arm a sizable portion of the local Guard with them.

As Jaller made his way back to the desk Lenat slipped back into the mindset of a businessman. Jaller was talking about major investments of money and materials, the least the Vortixx could do was treat the situation with respect.

"I would welcome any help you can provide. In fact..." The Akiri of Fire plucked a piece of paper off of his desk and held it up; though he couldn't quite make it out, Lenat could easily identify it as a comprehensive list of instructions, emblazoned at the top with a single title; Rapid Reactionary Forces.

"You've arrived at a very opportune time."

"I take it that is your answer to the recent troubles?" Lenat asked, gesturing to the paper.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Mekana

"You confuse me so much...you give me cake, offer me a place to sleep, and then you antagonize me. I don't know whether to like you or hate your guts." 

OOC: Between Dorian and Grokk you're lucky that HenchGrokk is the worst he's been called =P

IC: Skyra

Once I was sure Natharius was coming I fully entered the upstairs and looked around the bedroom. It seemed to be a bit of a mess, with articles of clothing and other objects scattered around, but I was fairly certain Grokk was to blame. I picked up a shirt and examined it, then tossed it to the side and picked up another. I wasn't sure why but I wanted to make sure I picked the right one...  

I turned around and faced Natharius, a blank expression on his face as I shoved two shirts in his field of vision. "Purple or pink?" 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"This is my answer to everything." The Akiri replied, expression serious as he set the paper back down on his desk. Jaller gestured towards the other papers on his desk, some of which could be identified as after-action reports and personnel files. "My men, they're some of the best trained on the island. That's not pride, either. I'm immensely proud of them, but that is objective fact. Ours is a tradition of military excellence."

"That hasn't changed. The problem, however, is that the world has. We're not at war anymore. My Guard is suited for open conflict, not the subterfuge and terrorism of the new age. Their training is excellent, but they cannot act fast enough. The Piraka were able to slip in and cause untold damage before my men could even respond. We would have drive them off eventually, even without the Maru's help, but the fact remains."

"The peace has removed our incentive to change. The Maru have lessened our caution, and the Makuta's absence has removed our wariness. I failed to adapt with the times, and my people paid for it. Never again." He looked once more to the papers before him, a few files in particularly receiving his utmost focus. "Your information is outdated. Ko-Koro has been struck by the Followers of Makuta. They are past the gate."

"Ko-Koro will fall." The anger swelled in his voice again, muscles growing taut. "I didn't have the heart to tell the messenger, but Ko-Koro will fall. The Maru have dispersed to the winds. We have grown reliant. We thought it was over."

"This," The Ta-Matoran tapped the papers in front of him, the growing fruit of his hours of work. "Is my answer. A force skilled enough, trained enough, and fast enough to deal with threats. A force that, no matter who attacks my village and no matter where, can be there in moments. The very best I can find. The best Guardsman, freed from the things that slow them down. Given the best equipment, the best training, I can possibly give."

"When next it is decided that Ta-Koro is a prime target, they will be ready. And I will ensure that our foes pay in blood for what they have done to this island."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Natharius.

Natharius let the ghost of a smile cross his face. He remembered the pink scarf Grokk was so obsessed with making Dorian wear.

"Go with the pink one." he told Skyra.

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Lenat- Ta-koro- Guard HQ- Jaller's Office

IC:

Another koro

Lenat was not going to shout in outrage or demand that Jaller do something. He could see the facts just as well, interpret the stands of time and action to see what was to come. The messenger must have come some time after the attack started. Probably a Toa with a Kualsi or Kakama. Ta-koro could send a few to help. Those able to travel in much the same way as the messenger had. It would have been too few too late to make a difference though. The gate had fallen, that meant that a force was attacking strong enough to need a proper army to counter it. Any force that left now from the koro of Fire to help would arrive far too late.

"I left Po-koro just after the worst sandstorm yet seen had ended. Even behind the walls I saw piles of sand a bio high. All of this at once, it can't be coincidence. The Shadows are making their return Akiri, make no mistake about that. I am doing what I can, bolstering the forces of the different koro. I fear it may be too little too slow to make a difference though."

A thought crossed Lenat's mind and his eyes lit up.

"By the way. Is there any way you could loan Stralix to me for a a few weeks or something? Once he gets back from his adventure in the Dark Walk that is. I was immensely impressed by his inventions during the Expo and I feel like working together with him would result in something...interesting."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

He-ere we go. It seemed like that kool kid facade of his was finally cracking... I got D-Widgets heating up. Don't believe me? See all the pound signs up there. They're there for your protection, 'cuz Dor'd begun to sling some mud, a solid sign that he was starting to lose his glass-unicorn-fragile temper (Meanwhile I'm not the angry type; why waste time and energy being angry, when a few shots - alcoholic or metallic - later you'll have nothing to be angry about?). Goodie; if I played my cards right - and it's impossible not to, when you've been counting 'em like me - and stirred the pot just so, I'd brew some legit resentment... even rage. Ooh, rage. Just sayin' it gives me chills. Here, you try, say it aloud with me, on three: one two three rage. Ooh-hoo-hoo. Tingles. 

"One for the ages, chya," I agreed from inside my bubble, smiley as a seal (do seals smile? Who cares, alliteration never lies). "If you break it down, I mean, mathematically, we got a perfect plan, textbook even. Long-finished assassination? Check. Disregard for my outlaw status? Check. Breaking and entering? Check, nah, mega-check. Destroying prettyboy's property? You better check that box. Consumption of long fermented happy juices? Chee-euck! Turaga face-slushie reference? Oh, you know that's a check. But for the record, I'd say the slushie was a bit more... rocky-road, myself. Like, her face had just skidded high speed across a-- um, wait wait I know this-- a rocky road, that's right!"

I was a grinning gazelle, a toothy tiger, an alliterating alligator. "You think the hate of the little people bothers me? I'd hoped you knew me better, Dorrie. Rolls right off. Nobody gets to take this smile off my face, 'cept me. Besides, I haven't had to worry about being prematurely turned into wall deco around here. This ain't little Birdie's turf; round Ta-Koro way, they're way too busy thinkin' about some other Skakdi who rolled through and wailed on the place seemingly without reason to spare little me a glance. Speaking of, part of me respects their live-free-die-hard attitude, and part of me shakes my head, like gents, you could be actually profiting off this, ya rookies. But hey, less competition for the likes of me."

The containment sphere was thinning, I could tell. You spend enough time in one, the lightening of the blue is the first sign you notice. I probably had another minute or so. Had another one ready; worry not, reader mine. But I'd take advantage of it while I had this one. Hamster-style, I rolled up closer to Dor-dor, so that the surface of the blue bubble stopped just inches away from his button nose and inferior dental array.

"Remind me which one of the geezers you hit?" I asked, aware that the more I talked, the more irked he'd get. People just don't respond well to the amount of jaw-flapping I tend do. I choose to politely acknowledge and subsequently burn that memo. "I forget. All the Bad Co. stuff feels like fiveever ago, jafeel? Haven't seen Bry for even longer... good times, though, good times. What've I been doing since? Not a lot, thanks for asking. You, meanwhile, I can tell you've been out and about, and probably around and around and around. What's the deal with Sky-guy, anyway? Does he diet or something? I'm mystified how he rearranged his body weight like that. And that drawing over there, that's not Sky-guy. Looks like a different dude - looks like a chick, really, but now that I know your flavor, I can't assume anything - so I'm confused. Maybe almost as confused as you, Dorkian."

"Oh, pee ess," I finished, rolling my oversize bouncy ball just a wee bit closer, so that it shoved into him and made him lose his balance a wee bit and stumble back towards the foyer. "Don't be prissy 'bout the piano... I imagine that in her final moments, she was glad to be involved in making some real music for once. Your music tastes were too whiney and self-indulgent for such a noble - now deceased, rest in pieces - instrument. Scarf Monster basically gave her a last meal of Takea-fin soup after a lifetime of imprisonment, a karzforsaken life of nibbling on nothing but stale dipping crackers."

test2.png

"Purrfectttt..." I said as I folded the pick shirt around my arm and tossed the other one to the side. I thought Dorian would look rather good in pink. I moved back toward the stairway, though I paused for a moment. 

"You know Natharius...you could do better than being Grokk's little underling. He'll only drag you down." I began descending the stairs, shirt in hand. 

OOC: Well, don't those sound lovely. It seems there isn't anywhere safe from Nuju Metru's wrath. :P But seriously, I need to start reading up on recent events. Do you still want to go to Le-Wahi?

Marda smiles at Zaara.

"Well, I suppose we could walk all that way. That would take a while. Or, if you've got the stomach for it, I have a ship docked in Ga-Wahi, just a half-day's walk north. It could get us to Le-Wahi in a day, maybe two, and the village would be a short walk from the coast." she suggested.

"The Jungles of Le Koro truly are a spectacle." he said. "I had been thinking of traveling there myself. When do you depart?" said a stranger at her side, and Marda looked over at the newcomer, slightly surprised.

"Well, someone sure is forward. And just what makes you think we're taking on extra companions?" she asked, trying to sound imposing. Actually, she found herself slightly amused by this newcomer, and she wanted to get some more information.

IC: Voran

He smiled. "Because if you aren't, I'd just tail you all the way there.", he said.

His fowardness had worked, apparently catching her off guard, just like he had planned.

IC:

"What the are you even saying?"

"Like, really. Was...any of that going anywhere?"

Skyra and Nefarious F. LUNK. E. came bounding back down the stairs, and Skyra tossed something bright and soft - pale pink t-shirt onto my shoulder. I pulled it over my head and then pulled my arms up through the sleeves, wriggling it down my chest and stomach in an effort as easy as Grokk's stupid, charmless smile. His tattoo was wriggling in glee while he looked over the pink fabric; I could see something glitter in his smile. "Trying to me off? You don't even know me anymore, man. You're just fixated on this weird Dorian construct in your head, and you play around with the scarves and the piano and the booze...man, oh man, it's pathetic. It's pining. Did you come here to come out to me? Is that it? Were you gonna use that big fancy blue sphere to bust down the closet door?" I heard Skyra start to giggle, and the coarser laugh of Natharius.

"Time for my checklist. Piano irks me, but it's not totes beyond repair. I got plenty of bourbon. Even more shirts. Not the first time I've fixed these walls. You've made no impact on...like...anything. Ever. Think I'm gonna go on a blood feud about this? I'm not gonna go on a blood feud about this. I'm not gonna let you spin me up like a top anymore. I'm not some junkie you get to jerk around with, Grokk. I'm Dorian frickin' Shaddix, I'm the best there ever was, and you? You're just some one-time wingman of mine that gig I slept with a casino heiress. Most of the people on this island know my name. All you did was ride the out of my literal coattails. It was a good thing, and we could have kept it going a long time, you stupid sunofagun, but you couldn't even stop yourself from blowing that. Now what are you, without something to ride on? You're nada. Just a transient, worthless schmuck who jumps from one petty gig to the other, with that big smile and the lantern jaw. Jeez, man, look at you. The Matoran are gonna hate you for all of two seconds before they kill you - if they even exert the effort to kill you. Chances are, your legacy is just gonna be a lifetime supply of mouthwash for the first hobo who gets lucky enough to trip on your corpse in some alley. Maybe he'll pull that fancy gold tooth out of your mouth to get some dough on the side." I smiled - a real smile, mind. The kind that would charm your mom into letting me crash on the couch for the weekend. Not Grokk's 'he ain't heavy, he's my brother' tombstone deluxe leer. - and held up three fingers, making a small twisting motion. "Or maybe I'll just do it myself."

I saw the first glimpse of something serious in Grokk's eyes. After two years, it was candy-corn sweet.

"Go ahead. Make a move. Say something funny. But the second you do, this tooth goes flying through the front door, and a piece of your gums goes with it, buddy. By the time you leave, it'll be laying out in the street catching sunshine and some lucky mailman is gonna get the score of his life when he bends down to pick it up. Or maybe I just kick the out of you and throw you out of my loft, and I can keep the tooth. Pawn it for rehab money. Repair my piano. Renovate the ground floor with it - the paint job is getting a little gaudy, and the new Zen Dorian's just not feeling it. So go ahead, partner. You can move a finger, say somethin' humorous, and remind me why it was that I dropped your in the first place...or you can get out of my house and take your stooge with you. Think fast."

I started to pull just as the Containment Sphere began to flicker.

It had all the makings of a down home drag out brawl before what was left of my front door(ian) exploded.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: from Kini-Nui, evoking the power of BZ Time!

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

I was not used to running like this.

I passed through the gates of Ta-Koro winded. Granted I was no where near out of gas, but after using my Kakama for so long it was a difficult shift to get used to running without it, though my years of athletic training helped stem the worst of it. Still, I was tired and slightly achy from my jog from the interior of the island, cursing the fact that I couldn't lose my tail. I had to keep it nearby if this was going to work, and using my Kakama to leave it in the dust would defeat the purpose. Eventually it would find me again, and this time without my knowledge and when I least expected it, and probably when I was those closest to me. I had to deal with this right away lest Zaktan learn of my true identity and abilities, let alone knowledge.

Why did things have to be so complicated?

So far though my plan seemed to be working. As I passed the boundary between the jungles of Le-Wahi to the barren ash-wasteland of Ta-Wahi I got another ever-so-brief glimpse of a shifting object out of the corner of my eye as the drastic change in scenery made it difficult to seamlessly blend it. I hadn't noticed it since and made no obvious effort to locate it as well... though now I had another problem: his apartment.

Getting in was surprisingly easy. I had every expectation to be stopped, seeing a lot of damage to the Koro, yet nobody lifted a finger to me. It was as if all the guards were oblivious to my presence, every time one of them turned to look at me something seemed to get in their way, or at least distracted them. It was as if there was another force at work making it easier for me to get in... that, or they were overworked as usual and my colors lended me some credibility, looking for more obvious troublemakers.

Either way I wasn't complaining.

Still, here I was in the Guard housing district, not having a clue where to go from here. I was right down the street from the Lavapool Inn, in the area Tuara described to me where her apartment was back when we all traveled together locating the Temple Crystals. Of course that was almost two years ago, some details had been lost over that time, and she never actually gave me a house number. For all I knew he moved long ago and was no longer with her, or they completely changed locales in my absence-

I was drawn out of my introspecting by the sound of shots. Six shots to be precise. Shots that sounded unmistakeably like that revolver-gun-weapon Dor was so fond of... and which held six rounds.

Without another lead I bolted into the housing district towards that sound, scrambling to pinpoint the source of the shots.

What I didn't notice was that my mask was glowing.

I sprinted down the street taking a wide corner, hearing the sounds of juvenile arguing wafting in the air. Gotta be him. Reaching deep into my reserves I hit the afterburners, streaking down an alleyway and nearly missing what appeared to be an obvious clue: a door hanging on its last hinges, tilted cock-eyed, a huge gaping hole in the center of it. Not exactly a bullet hole, but clearly a sign of trouble. Dorian-style trouble. And as for the two-story apartment... it matched Tuara's description. Didn't mean it was the right one though.

Geez I hope I'm right or this is going to get very awkward very fast...

With all I han I lowered my shoulder and like a Guard raid I broke down the door.

Upon impact everything seemed to slow down for me as I took stock of the situation. Directly before me stood Dor, wearing a pink shirt, looking very agitated with his revolver resting in his hand, looking angrily at a Skakdi inside a containment bubble, behind them a destroyed grand piano. To my left I could see some individuals that I had never met before, several liquor stains on the walls, and just as I broke through I could see Skyra and a companion standing next to the Toa of Iro-

Wait. Skyra? What's she doing here!?

PINK SHIRT!?!?

No time.

Even with his Calix the sheer surprise of my entry - not to mention the argument he seemed to be in with that awful-looking creature - he didn't react fast enough, for in one two three steps I was right in front of him, one hand on the hilt of my sword and the other grabbing his shoulder in a vice-like grip as I skitted to a stop.

"Zaktan. Skakdi. Anitdermis. Ambages. Echelon. Alliance. Tech. Vault. Followed. Chameleon-Rahkshi. Help?"

I was so winded from my sprint here that I could no longer speak in coherent sentences, but only in single-word statements, saying each word between gasps. If the words I spoke didn't get his attention, the deathly-serious look on my face should. I know we had met earlier not on the greatest of terms, but right now I needed his sharpshooter's eye and steady hand if I was to get rid of this thing. I knew he looked terribly busy, but I hoped he was willing to clear time in his apparently busy schedule for a favor.

And if he wasn't I was probably going to get a bullet between the eyes.

Just the typical day in my life. Extremes.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC:

Turn from Grokk, back to Joske [New muscles, new mask, same overly wholesome taste!]. From Joske, back to Grokk. I could practically hear Skyra starting to ship it. Poor Natharius was never going to have a normal day in his life again. Grokk started to eke out a quiet "ga-a-aaay" before his tooth started to loosen of its own accord.

Ambages, Echelon, Skakdi. Grokk and Flay had mentioned Skakdi. Vault. Rahkshi. Help? 

There was only one thing to say.

"Oh, Jos. You know I can't say no to you for long. And what happened to your face?" Joske was starting to bruise on the cheek, and he was panting not just with exhaustion but also as though he'd been given a good hit to the gut. I gave the bruise a quick once-over and--

MWWWWWWWWW-AAH!

--pulled back away from his cheek and patted the blemish twice. "Thank me later. Let's go stop evil and ######."

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

I gritted me teeth, trying to think of something, anything, to counter what the karzahni just happened as I attempted to slow my breathing.

Nope. Nothing.

"Is it getting hot in here or is that just Ta-koro?"

Or is that my cheeks burning? When I thought "awkward" this was not on my list...

I released my grip on Dorian, taking a step back as I was not taking large yet controlled breaths. I turned to look left at Skyra, a death glance on my face. I looked right at the Skakdi, who had a face of confusion yet cackled delight at the turn of events. I reverted my eyes back to Dorian, the heaving of my chest much more regulated, to the point where I could speak normally.

"Out of the frying pan and into the fire... " I muttered. I pointed a finger in his direction and speaking in low tones. "How... how good are you with that thing? Stupid question, I know, but we need to lay a trap for a Rahkshi of Chameleon that followed me from Kini-Nui. I sprinted here, so he's not that far behind. Think you can help me do that, as well as spot and drop a camouflaged Son of Makuta?"

I was purposefully ignoring everything else in the room. This took precedence as I couldn't really do anything else until my little problem was taken care of. I would... deal with them and their shenanigans later.

I can't believe he kissed me...

Edited by Friar Tuck
  • Upvote 1

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Marda stared at the newcomer for a moment before laughing out loud. Just as she'd expected, they thought she was being rude, and if there was anything that made people show their true colors it was someone being rude. When her laughter died down she continued to smile.

"I like you, newbie. Tell you what, you promise to help us fight off anything in our way and you're welcome with us anytime. The name's Marda. Marda Belatroja." she said, holding out a hand.

Watching Dorian kiss Joske was way more fun than it should have been. I had to fight the urge to giggle, they were sooo cute!

Wow, where had that thought come from? I swore the heat was getting to me. And there was a lot of heat in the room. 

I composed myself, Joske was talking about serious stuff, like Rahkshi and other evil things that we needed to blow the up. "Rahkshi hunting huh? Sounds fun." That took me back. "Encountered Rahkshi more than once over the years...got stabbed by one too...that wasn't fun." Me and stabbing went way back, and I was usually on the receiving end of it. And people wondered why I went through a body swap and became a chick! Like duh! 

IC:

"I could shoot the blush off your face from half a mile away," I declared brazenly. "Rahkshi, huh? Chameleon? Sounds fun. We running the Mahi Gambit on this one? Sounds like a plannis, Stann--oh, whoops. Wrong insufferable good guy." I grabbed my sniper rifle from the loveseat and turned back. Joske was practically stewing in the fragments of everything he thought he knew about the rules of attraction, so I patted him twice on the shoulder and leaned in for one final stage whisper.

"Relax," I muttered. "The second time? Always more fun."

Joske's face exploded when I said that, and I gave him three encouraging, alternating prods with the finger guns before I turned around and strolled out the door shamelessly into the street. Ta-Koro was ashy and humid; the air was always thick with dust and the light rarely left, which meant that - with an artist's eye for detail and a merc's honed senses - picking out where the Rahkshi was hiding would be as easy as a hop, skip, and a homoerotic near-makeout. 

Whoops. Sorry. My mind's all a-flutter. I've never kissed a living rainbow before.

First thing's first, I looked up to make sure that the Rahkshi wasn't waiting to pounce on Joske the second he walked back out of the loft, but there were no tell-tale shapes that could have represented a threat to truth, justice, and the heteronormative way (besides moi) that were hanging out on the roof. With that out of the way - and Grokk forgotten; really, what a waste of brain activity; I hate you with love, buddy - I slinked out into the street, sniper rifle slung over my shoulder and gun at my hip.

Sssh.

(You know where I'm going with this.)

We're hunting Wahkshi.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME